• Pros

• "fairly intuitive software even with limited capabilities. Reports were generally accurate and clea and easy to generate. Resident management and ledgers were easy to follow and train."

• "The system is very simple to use. The system provides all the reports needed for productivity in a residential property and helping manage all units."

• "I like the bulk mailing features, it makes sending late letters each month a breeze."

• Cons

• "I don't like the number of separate sites and accounts we need to have to complete everyday tasks."

• "Customer service sometimes is a bit slower to help you or return calls for service tickets submitted. "

• "The mobile apps have been slower to sync with the desktop which do not always correspond with real time information if we're trying to pass it along between offices. "

Browse RealPage Commercial Reviews

Mackenzie from Nexus Real Estate

Realpage makes it easy

I work as an assistant property manager who uses realpage to check our pricing every day.

Pros

It is simple to log in every day and check our pricing and renewal information every month.

Cons

If the software is down or is not updating with our other systems such as yardi. It can cause confusion between the pricing.

Jeremy from Epic Asset Management

Perfect for all of your apartment pricing needs

In the three years that I have been using RealPage, I have had few gripes with the software. We have used 2 separate iterations of RealPage Yieldstar and both have strengths and weaknesses. Everyone at my office has had a great experience using this software. Their team is also very helpful if you have any questions or problems. Minus the few small gripes I would happily recommend RealPages products to anyone in the property management industry.

Pros

Realpage has a pretty simple user interface, with tons of ways to get all of the information you need at a glance. The dashboard will go over new lease rents, revenue, and revenue trends in an easily digestible visual graphs and charts.

Cons

Pulling reports is quick, but the formatting on most of the reports you pull make them pretty hard to print, or easily go through without quite a bit of searching for what you need. in our use case (We only use Yieldstar) It is pretty pointless for us to be put in the home page when we only one option to go to. I wish there was a way to have the default home page set to the dashboard.

Molly from Peak Campus

Could be better

I've been disappointed with the software for what we are using this for. This may be perfectly practical for other apartment complexes, but for us in student housing, this has really made us struggle more than succeed.

Pros

When searching for residents it's nice to have the more option next to their name for quick access to features instead of clicking into view and scouring for information. Scanning payments goes fairly smoothly.

Cons

This system is not student housing friendly. The online leasing and guarantor process is a pain to toggle between their prospect portal for signing and generating their credentials to their applicant portal once they've signed. It's confusing for the customer to have 2 different log in credentials for signing and making payments. Sometimes you will receive an "Unable to Locate Account" alert and will need to manually deposit checks to the bank because real page experienced an error processing someone's check. To add, you cannot try to re-scan because the check will then be a duplicate entry, although it did not successfully go through. It will also charge a Non-Sufficient Funds fee when it isn't truly NSF. Sometimes functionalities stop working. For example, we are able to assign leasing consultants if an applicant selects "House". We have had this feature for over 3 years. When the functionality stopped working (on only some accounts), their IT department responded that this isn't a function although we had been using it daily. The overall look of real page feels dated. It's not user friendly.

kristi from Property management

Real page

I like using this program and having leads and prospects be filtered in one place.

Pros

This software is a great product for contacting and managing leads it is also helpful In managing rental pricing and competitor rents.

Cons

The software takes a little bit to get used to compared to other lead and rent programs. However once exploring and knowing where things are it is easy.

Krissy from Lloyd Jones

One of the Leading Property Management Softwares in the Industry

I have used Real Page in the multifamily industry. I have uses this software among many other property management softwares such as Yardi, Rent Manager, and ResMan.

Pros

Real Page for Property Management is a great tool for managing your community. It is easy to locate and pull the reports you need, as well as manage prospective residents and current residents. All the information you need is right at your fingertips!

Cons

Honestly- the advertising is my least favorite thing about the software. Just because I use the software and sometimes Google how to do things, Real Page shows up as an advertisement all over my personal accounts, such as Facebook.

Anne from Quasar Property Management & Real Estate

Streamline property management solution

Pros

Easy to use, seamless transitions between leases, work orders, owner information, etc., excellent reporting features that can be tailored or customized depending on our need. Available on any device so we're able to pull information on the go.

Shelly from Zipline Logistics, LLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Document management using Real Page

RealPage products are excellent and very user friendly.

Pros

This software is very customizable to whatever your needs are. So it is a blank canvas essentially that you can decide what information you want to bring in for your documents.

Cons

The hardest part of using this software is figuring out how you are going to use the software and what is best for your company. I spoke to many companies that have used this product to get guidance on how they developed their doc management system just to make sure I was going about it correctly. Hopefully they have made some changes so there is more training on "how to".

Nicholas from Varsity Campus

switched to Entrata after learning what was missing

overall it was not a good experience and the reason we no longer use them is that some issues we were having almost cost us a multi-million dollar deal. When we used it, I didn't realize everything we were missing until we switched to another product

Pros

Cons

I used it a few years ago and after switching to a newer software my eyes were opened to the flaws with Realpage. Functionality was extremely limited and the system worked best on only internet explorer. You couldn't use multiple tabs which made some projects very difficult and time-consuming. The interface looked dated and if you ever had any issues, customer support was almost non-existent and you were left to fend for yourself. Overall the system is just 5-10 years behind other competitors.

LySA from Management

review realpage

Pros

This is a windows based program and I can switch to other projects. i can see the tenants information on one screen.

Cons

very slow to post, and the windows are too small. the information that was imported from the old system wasnt done complete.

Doug from MMC Apartments

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Better products out there for the money

I really like how well it works for multifmaily properties. May other software products are geared more towards managing individual homes, but Real Page does a nice job of structuring the software to manage multifmaily properties.

Cons

There are many add-ons that enhance the residents experience, but there are quite expensive. With the base cost of the software already being so expensive, it wasn't worth while for me to shell out for all of the add ons. I ended up switching software as a result.

Brenda from Construction equipment

Good residential software

Cons

Should be more user friendly

I was not impressed with this software. It seemed to be less functional and more time consuming than the others I’ve used.

Pros

The reminders were nice. It helps that you are given the names of prospects for follow up. Maintenance orders were easy to put in.

Cons

Incredibly outdated and lacking ease of access features. Also not fond of the inability to go back if end of month was accidentally finalized. Leaving the company in a bind for several weeks while support assisted with this problem.

jordan from OMG

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Good accounting software and getting better.

Pros

Easy to use, fairly straight forward report writing capability. Great for multi-entity companies.

Cons

It can be slow at times. Also software updates can change things in the background that aren't communicated well.

dawn from Sunshine Retirement Living

Makes work easier

Pros

I feel more productive with ease of system

Cons

learning process takes time, but it is easy to learn

Bomani from MMC Properties

Software experience

Very easy to use...very useful. Overall great software! meet all my needs!

Pros

Very effective and easy to use.

July 2016