What are RealPage users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using RealPage software through verified user reviews

• icon"Realpage has a pretty simple user interface, with tons of ways to get all of the information you need at a glance."
  • icon"The thing I like the most about OneSite is how user friendly and easy it is to use. I have used at least 3 other property management softwares and none are as easy to use."
  • icon"The dashboard will go over new lease rents, revenue, and revenue trends in an easily digestible visual graphs and charts."
  • icon"Unless it's exported as csv, you have a horrible format you have to deal with in excel."
  • icon"There is no way to merge accounts, and each account has SEPARATE 'prospect' and 'applicant/resident' portion. Follow ups are confusing and counter-intuitive."
  • icon"If the software is down or is not updating with our other systems such as yardi. It can cause confusion between the pricing."

Browse all RealPage Reviews

• Have you used RealPage and would like to share your experience with others?

MariAnne

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Expensive and missing some expected features

Jeremy

Perfect for all of your apartment pricing needs

In the three years that I have been using RealPage, I have had few gripes with the software. We have used 2 separate iterations of RealPage Yieldstar and both have strengths and weaknesses. Everyone at my office has had a great experience using this software. Their team is also very helpful if you have any questions or problems. Minus the few small gripes I would happily recommend RealPages products to anyone in the property management industry.

Pros

Realpage has a pretty simple user interface, with tons of ways to get all of the information you need at a glance. The dashboard will go over new lease rents, revenue, and revenue trends in an easily digestible visual graphs and charts.

Cons

Pulling reports is quick, but the formatting on most of the reports you pull make them pretty hard to print, or easily go through without quite a bit of searching for what you need. in our use case (We only use Yieldstar) It is pretty pointless for us to be put in the home page when we only one option to go to. I wish there was a way to have the default home page set to the dashboard.

Easy functionality with Bulk Functions

Pros

I like Onesite's use of the bulk functions. For student housing where you have typically one generic move in and move out date, it's great to be able to just click right down the line for all move ins and move outs. This feature is also helpful for us when posting late fees and entering multiple invoices at once. This by far was one of my favorite features that really saved us a lot of time! Additionally, I really liked that if you entered an invoice and were over budget in a particular category it would alert you. I also liked that each month all the month end reports were saved in the AME reports section.

Cons

I disliked that when you pulled up a unit in Onesite, it would bring up all past, current, renewed, etc. at the same time. I found that sometimes it was really confusing to try and see who was in a particular unit at the time. Additionally, I found it really hard to know what reports pulled exactly what, sometimes I would have to pull multiple reports to get the a specific piece of information.

April 2022

Authentication issues. Use of "Cookies" under web browser

The support staff didn't seem to care about "other" vendors and the impact on my company.

Pros

Low Income Housing, leasing, HUD intergations

Cons

They claim to support the Chrome browser. What they don't tell you is you can't use the same browser with any other software/vendor that store information in the "cookie" file. This effectifly forces you to dedicate a single "browser" for their software.

Simply the BEST!

Keep being awesome! Customer support is so helpful too and they deserve all the stars!

Pros

I have been working in property management for 7 years and have used several different software programs, can say hands down that OneSite is simply the BEST! It's user-friendly and if you can use a smartphone you can easily navigate the pages in and out to find what you need. It's like using a smartphone - it just makes sense. Reports are where you expect they would be and it makes my life so easy. Then, when something isn't clear their support team is there to help you and they sound like they like their jobs and are actually pleasant and eager to help and please!! A HUGE PLUS!!! The best part is that it is integrated with so many other programs that make my job easy so I can spend more time with current and prospective residents. I LOVE OneSite and would recommend it to anyone!!!!

Krissy

One of the Leading Property Management Softwares in the Industry

I have used Real Page in the multifamily industry. I have uses this software among many other property management softwares such as Yardi, Rent Manager, and ResMan.

Pros

Real Page for Property Management is a great tool for managing your community. It is easy to locate and pull the reports you need, as well as manage prospective residents and current residents. All the information you need is right at your fingertips!

Cons

Honestly- the advertising is my least favorite thing about the software. Just because I use the software and sometimes Google how to do things, Real Page shows up as an advertisement all over my personal accounts, such as Facebook.

March 2022

The only thing they are good at is Selling you...

I feel like I hitched my wagon to a 2 legged-mule. The sales team has no ethics. We were flat lied to. We were told training was FREE only to find out we had to pay $150 an hour for training that turned out to be factually incorrect (thus, all the corrections we had to make, as mentioned above). For a software package that has an accounting function built in, it is in no way intuitive as to how to pull data (i.e. Balance Sheet and Income Statement). Customer service is like leaving a baby in the woods. I will say they do get back to you, but with very little helpful advice on how to fix things. These people care about one thing, and it sure as hell isn't having a satisfied customer. They represent everything that is wrong in business, that lack ethics, they lack character, and they should be absolutely ashamed of what they do and how they do it.

Pros

Honestly, I am so tainted by all the negatives, it's really difficult to try to come up with something positive. With a gun to my head, I'd have to say I'm nearly always able to log in (sometimes that's not the case though)

Cons

The rollout was absolutely pathetic. They migrated all of our accounting data over in the middle of the month, which created a cascade of accounting errors which had to be fixed manually. The rollout team was pleasant, but inadequately trained. They gave us advice which was 100% backwards, which we then had to undo, then redo the correct way. The reports are a joke. The search function is a joke. The training is about useless. "Oh, you have a question? Cool, well did you watch this 27 minute 'training' video which talks about 313 useless things before it gets to the topic you needed?"

Buildium and AppFolio Property Manager

Reasons for choosing RealPage

We felt it was a better fit based on what they told us.

Reasons for switching to RealPage

We were promised a lot of features and functionality that would solve many of the problems we were experiencing with our current software.

MariAnne

Expensive and missing some expected features

15 years ago it was good for the times, not so much today. There are better options.

Pros

Relatively easy to use, offers a decent amount of canned training data, great if you are not accustomed to robust reports and customization

Cons

This software should be capable of texting all tenants at a property simultaneously, but you cannot. The canned reports are lacking and you have to pay extra for the reports you really want if you are already familiar with what software should provide. Customer service is terrible and time consuming; they bounce you around to foreigners that seem unfamiliar with the software. The price is too high and the a la carte pricing is pitched as a positive but it is not. You have to have a relatively high unit count to even use their software.

Reasons for choosing RealPage

ownership of the data was not an option with Yardi

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

I have worked with OneSite for years and it is easily functional.

I would like to see if there were other ways of searching for someone by using other "descriptions". At this time, there is by name, plate #, social #, and phone #. I would also like there to be a feature that you could add in a gate card number or a key faub number.

Pros

Reports are easily accessible. OneSite is very user friendly for Tax Credit and Market mix communities. The features for residents is just enough and easy to use. I love the main page and how you can customize it to what exactly you need to see.

Cons

The only con I would have is the limitations that the On-Site staff has when creating levels. This may be a function that corporate only has access to but since letters are mainly generated by the leasing office, I wish there were more options.

connie

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Love the software, customer service and solution solving made us change

Use Rent Roll when it was DOS based, fought my company for 10 years! to get the software, due to continued issues had to change to new software after 5 years and take the entire company through new software set up and training!

Pros

Easy to use/easy to learn and good software. Long term Rent Roll DOS based user, did not want any other software and fought hard to convince my company and property owners Onesite was the way to go.....

Cons

Many many issues, hidden add on costs not explained thoroughly at time of purchase, new sales reps, new reps for each module at a minimum every quarter. Issues resolved with prior reps not communicated and had to start over. on one item resolved a minimum of 10 times ALL with new reps.

Leslie

Love Onesite!

If you are looking for a great software for conventional or affordable, Onesite is the way to go! Highly recommend this software. I have used it for almost 10 years and couldn't be happier

Pros

Pros for Onesite are ease of use, ease of correction if an error is made on certifications, ledger and resident information. It is very user friendly for someone who does not have computer experience.

Cons

If you do not set it up correctly, then there are tweaks that have to be made and their customer support will help resolve those issues.

Molly

Could be better

I've been disappointed with the software for what we are using this for. This may be perfectly practical for other apartment complexes, but for us in student housing, this has really made us struggle more than succeed.

Pros

When searching for residents it's nice to have the more option next to their name for quick access to features instead of clicking into view and scouring for information. Scanning payments goes fairly smoothly.

Cons

This system is not student housing friendly. The online leasing and guarantor process is a pain to toggle between their prospect portal for signing and generating their credentials to their applicant portal once they've signed. It's confusing for the customer to have 2 different log in credentials for signing and making payments. Sometimes you will receive an "Unable to Locate Account" alert and will need to manually deposit checks to the bank because real page experienced an error processing someone's check. To add, you cannot try to re-scan because the check will then be a duplicate entry, although it did not successfully go through. It will also charge a Non-Sufficient Funds fee when it isn't truly NSF. Sometimes functionalities stop working. For example, we are able to assign leasing consultants if an applicant selects "House". We have had this feature for over 3 years. When the functionality stopped working (on only some accounts), their IT department responded that this isn't a function although we had been using it daily. The overall look of real page feels dated. It's not user friendly.

Terence

Good Product for Property Functions

Pros

Easy to see and use to look up resident information and accounts. Onesite software has an easy functionality to look up account information when residents or prospects may call inquiring about various parts of information needed for their lease. There is a function to upload documents to each account to minimize the amount of paper used on-site.

Cons

No html capability when sending e-mails out. When sending out e-mails, residents/prospects, are more prone to open e-mail's that are formatted in html instead of text function.

Blake

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

OneSite: It covers all the basics

This is a great choice for properties who need flexibility with rentable items, lease terms, and lots of foot traffic. This is a bad choice for properties that allow lease assignment or reletting. Also, properties with a lot of online traffic might have better results using a third-party lead managing software!

Pros

Search functionality is great, best I've ever used! A report for almost anything you can think of. The functionality for each account individual account is great.

Cons

Packet management is clunky and buggy at times. There is no way to merge accounts, and each account has SEPARATE 'prospect' and 'applicant/resident' portion. Follow ups are confusing and counter-intuitive. The resident interface is dated.

Christopher

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Intuitive, user friendly & an all in one system for just about all of your PM needs.

Best PM software I have used in my 10+ years in this industry.

Pros

User friendly, intuitive, easy to navigate. All in one system for lead management, payment processing, lease generation, letter and notice generation, customizable to your needs.

Cons

Tends to be a bit slow at times, This may not be a system issue and rather a server issue. would be great if the labels could be customized to each individual PMC's needs. Eg. The resident tab could be changed to Neighbor tab to fit our company lingo.

Ginny

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Great software that is very user friendly!

Overall, the best feature of the software is the simplicity of accessing different modules and being able to easily navigate through the system without any issues.

Pros

- Easy to navigate - Budget formulation is direct and concise - Bank reconciliation process is straight forward - System features updated periodically

Cons

- Needs improvement on report functionality options - Customer Service was not the most helpful - I do not like how the Leasing and Accounting roles are on two different platforms

Amanda

OneSite Property Management Software

Pros

OneSite is very user friendly, it is a great way to organize especially for a moderate sized property. All functionality is in one place which makes keeping concise files for each unit/resident really easy. It keeps track of empty units/leasing percentages as well as notes for payments and service requests for actively rented units.

Cons

You have to have some prior knowledge of terminology and leasing organizations to feel confident with this product. Support and education is limited from the developer. My company created personalized training for our site instead of using resources provided by the developer.

Jen

Great accounting software for small to medium sized businesses.

Pros

OneSite is super easy to navigate and works seamlessly with RealPage. Doing bank recs are simple, paying vendors via ACH works well, and setting up users with different access rights works like a charm.

Cons

Their report builder can be easy to use, but you can't do any complex report writing. I'm not sure if they have an add-on for more complex report writers, but something to keep in mind if your company expects complex reports.

Brett

Simple, Clear, and Useful

It's a 1998 2 door Ford Escort: it won't win any awards for its looks but it gets you from A - B just fine.

Pros

The tools are fairly simple and are quick to learn. The design is useful and functional, presenting a clear and simple picture of the information you care about. You have a lot of control over your data and there are also more tools that I could ever hope to use.

Cons

My only complaint is that the UI appears incredibly outdated. It looks like one of those houses built in the 70s with shag carpet and popcorn ceilings - not attractive. This also causes work flow issues. And doesn't work in Chrome? Come on guys.

Onesite Review

Pros

The Onesite tutorials made it easy to find answers to overlooked issues. The ease of software made it simple for training new employees adapting to a new system.

Cons

Initially, there were triggers that would slow down the process for move-ins/move-outs. Accounting department had to wait for Leasing to close moved out files. This was a perfect storm at the beginning of the month, with all sorts of new move-ins for the Leasing staff to balance.

Bradley

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

OneSite is very user friendly

Pros

The thing I like the most about OneSite is how user friendly and easy it is to use. I have used at least 3 other property management softwares and none are as easy to use. There are many reports that can be generated and functions that can be completed that you can't necessarily do in Yardi, MRI, etc.

Cons

The only con would be the monthly price. It is a bit steep compared to its competitors but well worth it.

Anne

Streamline property management solution

Pros

Easy to use, seamless transitions between leases, work orders, owner information, etc., excellent reporting features that can be tailored or customized depending on our need. Available on any device so we're able to pull information on the go.

Cons

The mobile apps have been slower to sync with the desktop which do not always correspond with real time information if we're trying to pass it along between offices.

Melissa

New OneSite User

Overall I am very happy with my OneSite experience. It was very easy to learn and navigate.

Pros

After using Yardi for more than a decade, I was nervous to learn a new program. OneSite has been a breeze! My absolute favorite feature is the ability to customize my 'Today' page. As my role in the company has changed, so has my need for at-a-glance information.

Cons

Rent posting is a little slower than with other software I've used. I get slowed down having to enter each apartment number. Having all current residents pull up numerically, by apartment number, is easier to enter everything quickly.

Tiffany

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

My favorite over other options

Overall, one of my favorite software available. A little costly for customization of reports that I think should be standard.

Pros

Reporting was convenient (though sometimes a little slow) and I loved the , recurring work order feature. I also felt interfacing with certain data services was very good.

Cons

Purchasing control and make ready scheduling doesn't interface ( or interface well) with service providers or suppliers.

Shannon

Used Onesite in the past and found it to be very user friendly!

I've used many types of software applications and this has to be one of the most user friendly applications!

Pros

I liked the automatic data backup, smart search and customizable reports. This all helped to enhance the customer service experience for tenants and landlords.

Cons

It was slow when saving data but I think that was more of an Internet connection issue. Other than that, there were no other issues.

RealPage