What are TenantCloud users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TenantCloud software through verified user reviews

4.1

• icon"I can manage all my income and expenses with it, and I don't need to pay for a Quickbooks subscription. It's definitely a win-win and my accountant is going to thank me in April."
  • icon"I like the customer service the best. They respond to support tickets within a day."
  • icon"It is a very nice user interface, quite easy to navigate."
  • icon"There are just a few features that a difficult to use. Some of the features that we can access from settings are a bit different from the main dashboard navigation."
  • icon"Now I have to contact my bank on getting these charges removed."
  • icon"Unclear instructions though and difficult to navigate -- often had to bale and start from the beginning. Limited choices (3) for the way to pay."

Browse all TenantCloud Reviews

• Have you used TenantCloud and would like to share your experience with others?

Perfect for Small Landlords!

It saved me a ton of time.

Pros

I could not have made it through my first year of managing my 4 properties without this. This is the 3rd year of using this soft and I'm loving it. They are continually improving the app. I am very pleased with the use of this program and my tenants love the convenience of paying their rent online. And maintenance requests are like a game. So easy, that even my elder tenants use it.

Cons

Well, they don't have a phone support, but once you figure out how to use support tickets you get used to it.

Response from TenantCloud

Thank you for a great feedback! We really appreciate your kind words.

Replied October 2018

Malcolm

Don't make property location identification compulsory through google

Personally I'm not happy about it's *add property location* feature. Google doesn't have addresses for the properties in my country so as a result when I try to add a property it shows an error message saying "your property is not found on google"

Pros

Lovely tools for my startup property management company. I'm in the process of trying the free version before paying

Cons

Google maps does not have sufficient deta of every single neighborhood in the world so by making the feature compulsory through google you only limit your market to developed cities while not giving a damn about all other properties which are located in smaller towns, developing and remote countries. Make it easy for every single property in the world to be managed through the software...

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

Free version to begin with so that I can grow with the software

Jason

Unhappy/need help

I have had it a little more than a month and I have not been able to maximize its potential because I keep running into issues that I cannot find assistance with addressing.

Pros

I mostly like its potential of the software being able to help an owner with everything from screening tenants to moving them into the available unit.

Cons

There is no human on boarding. They have a chat which seems like a bot that hasn't been awfully helpful. I have had many issues trying to sign up for a free demo because the software will not accept my phone number to register. The youtube stuff is OK but there is nothing like a human to answer questions. So, my biggest con is customer service and the on boarding process.

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

I like the potential of the software, I just not have been able to realize that potential yet.

Response from TenantCloud

Jason, thank you for sharing your experience with TenantCloud. We are sad to read this, but we would like to assure you that our Support Team is helping our users through the phone support that is available Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM CST via 1-888-364-7408. We also support our users via emails at support@tenantcloud.com and via our support ticket system. Our team will be happy to assist if you reach out.

Stacey

Disappointed

Went through setup, got frustrated. Haven’t signed back in.

Pros

Had to go through the entire setup program to find out the payment management was outsourced and technically NOT part of the program plus it’s expensive…should have been disclosed.

Cons

Already stated above…not happy! Will cancel.

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

Thought it was the better option. I think I’m working.

Scott

Scott M EMCO TC review

Customer service has been great and very helpful

Pros

The ability for my tenants to pay their rent online and send me messages

Cons

The fact that I can’t have more than 1 TC payments account per user. I manage 3 different properties with different bank accounts, so I have 3 TC accounts when ideally I would just have one

Response from TenantCloud

We appreciate your feedback very much. Thank you.

Spencer

Helpful for Rent Collection

Overall, I have had a good experience, but I wish the communication option was easier for the tenants. I wanted all the tenants to correspond with us on TenantCloud, but they opt for texting and emailing since those are still easier. Also, one of my tenants said he found it hard to make a maintenance request and ended up just texting me, so a better interface for tenants would be better.

Pros

We were attracted to Tenant Cloud because it offered a way for tenants to pay rent via ACH, so our tenants would not have to pay fees and could easily pay online. TenantCloud also sends automatic reminders to tenants to pay their rent, and so far we have had no late rent payments!

Cons

Have had a few issues that were mostly fixed after reaching out to customer support. I don't like that it takes a long time for a payment to hit my bank account, as the ACH payments are sent first to my TenantCloud balance and then transferred to my bank account. Depending on when rent is due (since transfers are only made on business days), it could take up to more than 10 days for the payment to hit my bank account. I also wish it was easier to sync with QuickBooks.

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

The price was way more competitive than Buildium and had better features and interface than Avail.

Jodie

New User

Pros

Free trial was great to get a feel for the software

Cons

The accounting is difficult to setup and the Zillow integration has not worked for any of my listings. Which may be the reason I ultimately switch from TenantCloud

Price

Karl

Best Value Manager App

Just started using it and still learning .

Pros

I like that it seems like there’s not too many moving parts which is good and it accomplishes tasks for the tenant such as leases and rent payment

Cons

The layout could be better and easy to use.

Response from TenantCloud

Thank you for the feedback!

GeMonee

May 2022

Great service

It’s been great

Pros

I can handle all property needs from my phone. No need to go to the property

Cons

The payment takes longer than I’d prefer to get to account

Mikkel

I think it's been very easy to use, and have potential renters complete applications, and also to get payments processed without need to directly interact with the renters.

Pros

It has been very easy for the most part to get this set up. It is also nice that there is a phone app that can be used in addition to the website.

Cons

There are a couple things that were hard to find, particularly some of the items that get populated into a least template.

Avail and Zillow Rental Manager

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

pricing and features seemed better with TenantCloud

Gary

Seems to Work Well, But It is not intuitive

Mostly good, but many terms are used assuming I understand them. Make it more user friendly and intuitive

Pros

Advertising my property and online payments

Cons

I can not collect rent without getting a tenant to sign a lease. Some areexisting tenants with an old lease.

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

first one I found that seemed to be for rental management

Response from TenantCloud

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it very much.

Annette

Has everything I need and more

I absolutely love Tenant Cloud. Already, in the three months that we have been using it, we have saved over $540 by not using the program that we were using last year! Tenant Cloud does everything that our other program did (minus the report that shows balances owed), and it does a lot more too such as tracking what improvements each unit has received like new paint, carpet, appliances, etc. I just am in love with this money-saving program!

Pros

I absolutely love the value of Tenant Cloud! It has close to the same features as other programs that we have used for hundreds of dollars less a MONTH! No other tenant management program can beat the price tiers of Tenant Cloud. It is super user friendly! I love the free listing syndication to the other rental sites (we have filled all of our empty units faster than if we were trying to do it alone). Whenever I have a question, I just pop it into the chat, and it is answered within seconds by customer support - so that's an excellent feature. I also like having the photo option on each tenant, so I can remember who is who when they walk into my office to pay rent and expect me to remember them - I don't know of another program that has this. I also love that you are able to track improvements done to each building and unit (such as paint, new carpet, appliances, etc. ) so you know when things will need to be replaced. Tenants can also pay their rent/bills online or put in work requests!

Cons

I wish there was a report that would show just the tenants who owe money; however, I do like the fact that you can pull up any report in either PDF or Excel because if you pull it up in Excel, you are able to edit the report and remove the tenants with a $0 balance (it just takes more time).

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

Tenant Cloud does everything Buildium does for a lot less money. Tenant Cloud can hold a lot more units (175) for their lowest pricing tier, while Buildium only holds 40 units at their lowest pricing tier (which is still more expensive than Tenant Cloud). Since we have 48 units, we were paying a lot more than we wanted to.

Buildium

To save money

Ryan

Makes managing tenants a little easier

Tenant Cloud keeps things simple. This is what I want. There are some extremnely robust solutions that offer similar offering...but too much...is sometimes overwhelming. This suits my needs just fine. There are minor issues that could use some work however I feel like Tenant Cloud will likely get better as time goes on and for now I'm happy to go along for the ride! I think they have all the nuts and bolts for the most part and the price is reasonable. I would recommend people to give it a try.

Pros

Tenant Cloud helps with automation naturally. If I can use software that takes manually entries out of the equation...I'm a fan. This software does that nicely. Tenants can view and digitally sign their lease, view charges, pay rent, communicate through platform if they like. Oh and it generates reports. What else do you really need? The interface is rather simple...easy to work with and graphically pleasing. It's rather intuitive. Doesn't take long to become comfortable. It's a nice product offering that solves my problems.

Cons

There are small details that can be frustrating but overlooked. When drafting my boilerplate lease...the format comes out slight wrong every time. The software creates a bunch of space between words or sentences. It appears random but I just edit it every time I create a lease...to clean it up and look proper. Setting up the lease could use a few tweaks. Tenant can not see a list of charges until AFTER the lease is signed. I'd like for them to see the charges at the time the lease is signed. It helps Tenant visually see what they are paying for at time of signing.

Value. Price. Simplicity.

Buildium

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

Buildium was overwhelming. I am rather technical but I just wasn't comfortable with it.

Response from TenantCloud

We are very grateful for your kind words. Thanks a lot for such a positive feedback.

Replied July 2020

Great potentential but still has some key features to fix or add

Customer support seems to be off-shore and only handled over night and I get a response at 8am, so timeliness of the responses takes 24 hours for any and every question which is painful.

Pros

This software handles most of the items required to manage a rental.

Cons

It is very slow and clunky at times, I would like the software to provide the CRP forms for each tenant for taxes, but that isn't done yet. I would also like the ability to send a quick notification to all renters via a messanger that is a template like "I will be plowing the parking lot in 15 minutes please remove your cars" Or "I will be mowing the yard in 15 minutes." But that isn't an option at all. I recently came into a bug that doesn't allow renters to set up their bank account on their IOS device (iPhone and iPad), which is a huge pain because most renters use an iPhone unfortunately and they are asked to setup the bank account on a computer but some people don't havee a computer...

Monthly fee payments

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

ACH monthly payments are free on Tenant Cloud, I didn't want my renters to have to pay $1 fee each time they wanted to make a rent payment.

Kelli

Tenant Cloud is the perfect solution for us!

Great experience, I would recommend they take requests and complaints more serious. As well, when making changes with updates, ensure that they are updates that consumers need or won't affect their current uses.

Pros

The ease of use, and ability to personalize most of the information input into the software.

Cons

The updates that are made regularly often affect items we were using and then they are no longer useful to us.

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

Propertyware is to in-depth of software, and requires too many fields for each entry or item you want to include.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for your great review, we really appreciate that.

Replied March 2020

A great entry level software

Pros

Support is outstanding first and foremost. After that, it provides many of the features i needed in management platform, is very easy to navigate on the tenant side, a feature that would be a deal breaker as tenants don't want to spend a lot of time trying to find what they need, and the ability to record other company income and expenses suck as vending machine proceeds is a major plus.

Cons

Would like to have the ability to offer an online application without it being tied to a specific property, or requiring me to lust the property first. Also would like to see the ability to add new vendors on the fly through the expense form. When a maintenance guy brings mw a new receipt for payout, i often have to cancel the entey to go back and add a new vendor first.

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

After the free trial and paying my first bill, simple rent support went seriously downhill. Plus there are too many additional charges for things that i was led to believe are included during the trial.

Deana

Our Go-To for tenant Management Systems

Overall, I am very happy. I have tried other much more costly programs and quickly returned back to tenancloud. It's ease of use, and customer service have been great. The program has improved dramatically over the years and they continue to listen to customer input to improve their programs!

Pros

As a property manager it is detrimental that you have systems in play in order to scale and grow your business. We like many, started out just my husband and I with a few rentals and have over the past few years scaled. It is impossible to keep everyone and all properties straight. Tenantcloud does it for us. All communication are recored, rent is tracked, deposits are tracked, leases are systematically emailed and e-signed. It's a no-brainer

Cons

There is little I don't like about the software. I will say that the most recent email sent out to tenants without first speaking to those of us who actually pay for your services did nothing but ignite an unnecessary fire and create added tension in an already very difficult time. Please remember to put the clients who are PAYING you first.

Response from TenantCloud

We appreciate your feedback very much. Thanks for staying with TenantCloud.

Replied May 2020

Greg

Can't Be Beat!

Excellent.

Pros

Price and Features, responsive support, no glitches, works as advertised.

Cons

Couple of tenants say they struggled with the payment app a bit.

Yardi Breeze

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

More value for the money.

PropertyZar

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

Less Money, more features, good support.

Solid features, interface is lacking

Pros

To get both accounting and tenant management for this price is pretty good.

Cons

Unlike QuickBooks and most other accounting software it does not automatically import your transactions. This means every payee must be entered manually before any transactions can be categorized for them. The software makes no attempt to recognize vendors and assume the proper category. Also the accounting filters reset to default every time you make a change, so making many changes of the same type is brutal.

Rentec Direct and Hemlane

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

The feature set for the price.

TurboTenant

Accounting features.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for finding time and leaving your feedback here. We appreciate it.

Anthony

Industry: Civil Engineering

Small landlord

So far, my experience with TC has been great. I enjoy using the platform and have recommended it to several other investors.

Pros

I really like being able to track maintenance requests, collect rent, store documentation, and interact with tenants all in one single platform. I love my spreadsheets, but this has helped me eliminate a few. I'm also hoping this helps with next tax season to generate a simple file to upload and reduce some of the annoyance of all the included documentation of owning properties.

Cons

The only cons I struggle with are more than likely because I don't use it on a daily basis. Using it 1-2 times a month to follow up on rent payments and make sure I don't have any messages can make it a little slower navigating to where exactly I need to be. I also tried to setup recurring rent payments for tenants that haven't switched over to TC yet and I get a weird issue of duplicated rent bills. Could just be me not setting it up correctly, but not a big issue and takes 30 seconds to delete a transaction. The only other minor gripe is $90 for the year in order to use fee free rent collection for tenants. We have VenMo, PayPal, Zelle, etc with reduced to no fees. It's not a bad price (and still tax deductible) but that's my only real con.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please, create a support ticket via your TenantCloud account and our Support Team will be happy to assist with the issue regarding duplicated rent bills. We really appreciate your positive feedback.

Neill

New and still in trial

Pros

Loved the vendor process and maintenance requests as well as the owner portals.

Cons

There is no Move In / Move out and general inspection documentation. it will beneficial to have such function and then have the system allow you to task the work to a contractor. You do not have a reconciliation process for bank accounts I think that is a negative. Also you don't have an option to issues 1099 to vendors / owners and fire files to the IRS again another negative.

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

Savings on costs and also owner reporting and tenant issues posting is very appealing....

Nina

Best property management software for small business

TenantCloud really helps in everyday rental management. It's easy to list vacant units, screen applicants, move in tenants, receive and track payments, assign maintenance requests and keep everything on the go with the mobile app. The support team is great. I have been asking for an autopay feature for a while and after few months they got back to me saying it was ready. Overal, I'm happy with my choice.

Pros

I am using TenantCloud for a while now and I really think they are doing a great work. I love the updates and the new design for the website. I like that for a small charge it gives you a bunch of valuable features. Especially I like that option of running the right report in the system and having the option to pay myself or having the tenant pay.

Cons

I think it is great that this product always have updates and adds different options that are valuable for landlords. I would only ask to add an inspection tool and maybe some way to send text messages to tenants and service providers through the site/app.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for the great feedback! We will pass your ideas to our development team.

Replied May 2019

Diego

Best option for small landlords

TenantCloud has been crucial to managing my rentals the last 2-3 years. Extremely helpful for recording my expenses and receipts and has been a life-saver come tax time when I need to do a final reconciliation of all activities. They're always improving it too, so I can tell they really believe in their product.

Pros

The free option for landlords/owners under 75 units is essential as a cost-effective way to manage your rentals. It's cloud-based and with constant updates to it's features and reporting. Allows for online tenant screening and standalone sites for individual units to list rentals. Very user-friendly interface allows me to enter expenses and collected rents in minutes and not waste any more time than I have to. Seems pretty robust with several features that I don't even use but I can see how they might be useful to institutional or larger landlords. Definitely recommend this product.

Cons

The report formats are not what I would choose, but they can be exported to excel and customized a bit so it's not a big deal. Never had to contact their customer support so I really don't know how they are, but I imagine they're pretty responsive given what I have read.

Lewis

Full featured, free property management software

As a complete newbie managing 4 units for a single landlord on short notice this program was super easy to pick up, set up the properties and get rolling.

Pros

The free version of Tenantcloud has absolutely all the features you need from a management program. You get up to 75 properties to manage for free, and that genuinely feels like the only limit to the free version. With the smallest bit of accounts and financial knowledge the program just intuitively makes sense without needing to be dumbed down. It's well laid out, customisable and helped me get on top of things during a very stressful handover.

Cons

Small bugs can be slightly annoying, one tenant had trouble connecting to their profile and it took a few connection emails back and forth, but it worked out within half an hour (tenants don't have to connect to the app, the main benefit for them would be seeing their financial position). Recording manual payment is very easy, though you can't manually record an OVERpayment through the "receive payments" button, it always returns to the expected payment amount, overpayment can only be recorded through the invoice directly. Honestly these are TINY issues which have cost me seconds.

Reasons for choosing TenantCloud

Free, full featured, generous limits to use of the free version. Honestly come for the free, stay for how good it is.

Molida

Best inexpensive cloud property management system out there!

Pros

I did extensive researching trying to find an affordable property management system that was cloud based and stumbled upon this one. I had signed up for the free version and loved the functionality of it all. Easy to navigate and look up by property or tenant. Love how you're able to implement a copy/scan of the actual lease agreement and save it. Everything is very simple and just the basics, like maintenance, tenant info, property info and ability to add pictures of the property as well, to reports, etc. Since then I had decided to upgrade to their 100 -150 property plan. The recent upgrades have made it worth my money.

Cons

When logging in a particular property's rent payment (and lets say i needed to log multiple payments for this property for different months that were behind) and after I click on save, it brings me back to the list of all the properties instead of back to the same property's accounting page to which I had just recorded a payment. Makes it a little difficult to log multiple payments for one property since I like to be able to view which months are behind and how much and have to ability to log payments accordingly.

TenantCloud