• Pros

• "Software is easy to use and easy to onboard. Mostly intuitive and the price cannot be beat!"

• "It is a very nice user interface, quite easy to navigate. The pricing is very reasonable to start up. I have had online chats already and the assistance I received was excellent."

• "I like the easy of use and the fact that is reasonably priced for the level of management software needed."

• Cons

• "Not as powerful or have automated capabilities as other PM software, but totally okay because it’s free or nearly free."

• "Waiting for criminal report to be integrated."

• "i dont think i have much to say as they are doing a great job, maybe they can update the design for the receipt payment."

Browse TenantCloud Reviews

Perfect for Small Landlords!

It saved me a ton of time.

Pros

I could not have made it through my first year of managing my 4 properties without this. This is the 3rd year of using this soft and I'm loving it. They are continually improving the app. I am very pleased with the use of this program and my tenants love the convenience of paying their rent online. And maintenance requests are like a game. So easy, that even my elder tenants use it.

Cons

Well, they don't have a phone support, but once you figure out how to use support tickets you get used to it.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied October 2018

Thank you for a great feedback! We really appreciate your kind words.

Great potentential but still has some key features to fix or add

Customer support seems to be off-shore and only handled over night and I get a response at 8am, so timeliness of the responses takes 24 hours for any and every question which is painful.

Pros

This software handles most of the items required to manage a rental.

Cons

It is very slow and clunky at times, I would like the software to provide the CRP forms for each tenant for taxes, but that isn't done yet. I would also like the ability to send a quick notification to all renters via a messanger that is a template like "I will be plowing the parking lot in 15 minutes please remove your cars" Or "I will be mowing the yard in 15 minutes." But that isn't an option at all. I recently came into a bug that doesn't allow renters to set up their bank account on their IOS device (iPhone and iPad), which is a huge pain because most renters use an iPhone unfortunately and they are asked to setup the bank account on a computer but some people don't havee a computer...

Monthly fee payments

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

ACH monthly payments are free on Tenant Cloud, I didn't want my renters to have to pay $1 fee each time they wanted to make a rent payment.

Scam that Won't Delete Your Account

Pros

There was nothing about the software or customer experience that I enjoyed

Cons

Tenant cloud is *happy* to continue charging you every month, even though you haven't "completed setup" of your account; however, they: - Have a customer service line that goes to voicemail (and no one returns your call) - Have "chat" online that is unwilling to help, can't cancel your account, and won't transfer you to a supervisor It's basically like the old "CD" scams that would get you paying a monthly rate and then make it very difficult to cancel the subscription

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to help all our customers and are trying to do that efficiently and in a timely manner. As our Support Team has previously responded via a support ticket, your issue is being under review. You have subscribed to a paid plan and was using our system. Later we have added a new feature called "Onboarding" and since your account was missing some information it was shown to you as well. Due to this, you must have misinterpreted the system onboarding. But the day you've contacted our Support Team, we have canceled your subscription. We are sorry you had such experience with our system. We are improving our service every day to make sure our users have the best tools that help their business.

Neill from More Gad LLC

New and still in trial

Pros

Loved the vendor process and maintenance requests as well as the owner portals.

Cons

There is no Move In / Move out and general inspection documentation. it will beneficial to have such function and then have the system allow you to task the work to a contractor. You do not have a reconciliation process for bank accounts I think that is a negative. Also you don't have an option to issues 1099 to vendors / owners and fire files to the IRS again another negative.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Savings on costs and also owner reporting and tenant issues posting is very appealing....

Jesse from Tri-Bond Properties Inc

60 Rental Units

Took about 4 business days to set up 60 tenants including stored documents. There were a few learning curves but nothing extremely troubling. Plan to set up other aspects as time permits.

Pros

Fast, easy cloud-based implementation. Smartphone app. Tenant portal. Cloud document storage. Equipment/asset management with maintenance reminders.

Cons

Difficult to get reports on certain typical rental business functions (ie. bank deposits).

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Cost and features were easily known from their website - not hidden requiring me to speak to a salesperson. Start out free and expand to fee-based as business needs require it.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

The former product operates at a snail's pace. Unable to contact sales or support. Concerned the product would stop functioning due to a failed business on part of 123.

Sharron from St. John Tolson

TenantCloud is a cost-effective, easy-to-use alternative to the big clunky platforms

Overall, I appreciate that someone was able to work with me through issues with my setup. The price is extremely competitive and the platform is very user friendly.

Pros

Price and user interface are great. There was always someone on the other end when I called in to customer service. And a representative followed up with me to ensure that my issues were resolved.

Cons

Some limitations with functionality related to owner reporting and billing. I wish there was a direct link to the tenant and owner portals.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

The price for TenantCloud was more competitive than Buildium. AppFolio is too clunky and not designed for smaller portfolios.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Buildium was taking too long to approve my account, the customer service was not helpful, and the value was not worth the price.

Greeley from Juan Carlos Realty

Amazing Software!

After spending days and days reviewing different software platforms, I must say Tenant Cloud checks all the boxes for my company! Keeps me organized and having one platform to access my information is EVERYTHING!

Pros

Robust with lots of features. Amazing..

Cons

So far I enjoy all the features. No cons

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Ease of use. Great reviews and overall look and design of the platform.

Penny from Affordable Mobile Homes

Tenant cloud review

It’s been pretty good so far.

Pros

It has a lot of features that allow you to market your products.

Cons

It doesn’t allow you to send an application before you list a home. I want to prequalify my applications before I search for a home.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Recommended by another user and had a variety of functions as apart of the package.

Morgan from Real Estate

Tenant Cloud for a Small Real Estate Company

Pros

I purchased Tenant Cloud for the automatic payment system for paying monthly rent. It has been easy to set up and navigate. The help documents online are very thorough so there hasn't been a need to call customer service.

Cons

I didn't think the accounting system had all the options to track expenses on capital expenditure or repairs. Sometimes I go to the store and purchase things that I do not want to charge to a tenant or contractor and this option wasn't available.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Cozy is now owned my apartments.com and I didn't like the software. TenantCloud was a fair price of $9 a month so I think it is worth it.

Max from internet

My experience with this company was just said

My experience was very negative. I signed up on Friday and set everything - property, units etc. Then I found out that I need to get verified. Ok no problem but verification process is totally absurd, like they are sending you to Mars. 1) A picture of you holding your drivers license (wtf) 2) cell phone sms verification 3) social networks verification 4) bill verification 5) credit card verification with a $2 non-refundable charge (are you kidding me? So long story short - they don't support Google Fi and I can't get verified. 3 days later support replies to online ticket: Sorry can't help you. That's it (btw no phone support, no live chat support) Stay away from this company. They are not in the business to do business.

Pros

The promise to offer pretty much everything to manage landlord / tenant relationships

Cons

Absolutely ignorant customer support, clunky confusing interface, not flexible verification process

Response from TenantCloud

Replied May 2019

Sorry to hear about your experience with TenantCloud. The security is a major priority to us and we constantly keep the system up to date with the latest technologies. We take all reasonable precautions to keep your information safe and secure. That is why we require additional steps to be taken in order to keep TenantCloud a secure place for our users. We do rely on your understanding.

Annette from RE/MAX Preferred Choice

Has everything I need and more

I absolutely love Tenant Cloud. Already, in the three months that we have been using it, we have saved over $540 by not using the program that we were using last year! Tenant Cloud does everything that our other program did (minus the report that shows balances owed), and it does a lot more too such as tracking what improvements each unit has received like new paint, carpet, appliances, etc. I just am in love with this money-saving program!

Pros

I absolutely love the value of Tenant Cloud! It has close to the same features as other programs that we have used for hundreds of dollars less a MONTH! No other tenant management program can beat the price tiers of Tenant Cloud. It is super user friendly! I love the free listing syndication to the other rental sites (we have filled all of our empty units faster than if we were trying to do it alone). Whenever I have a question, I just pop it into the chat, and it is answered within seconds by customer support - so that's an excellent feature. I also like having the photo option on each tenant, so I can remember who is who when they walk into my office to pay rent and expect me to remember them - I don't know of another program that has this. I also love that you are able to track improvements done to each building and unit (such as paint, new carpet, appliances, etc. ) so you know when things will need to be replaced. Tenants can also pay their rent/bills online or put in work requests!

Cons

I wish there was a report that would show just the tenants who owe money; however, I do like the fact that you can pull up any report in either PDF or Excel because if you pull it up in Excel, you are able to edit the report and remove the tenants with a $0 balance (it just takes more time).

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Tenant Cloud does everything Buildium does for a lot less money. Tenant Cloud can hold a lot more units (175) for their lowest pricing tier, while Buildium only holds 40 units at their lowest pricing tier (which is still more expensive than Tenant Cloud). Since we have 48 units, we were paying a lot more than we wanted to.

To save money

Ryan from Opt In Realty

Makes managing tenants a little easier

Tenant Cloud keeps things simple. This is what I want. There are some extremnely robust solutions that offer similar offering...but too much...is sometimes overwhelming. This suits my needs just fine. There are minor issues that could use some work however I feel like Tenant Cloud will likely get better as time goes on and for now I'm happy to go along for the ride! I think they have all the nuts and bolts for the most part and the price is reasonable. I would recommend people to give it a try.

Pros

Tenant Cloud helps with automation naturally. If I can use software that takes manually entries out of the equation...I'm a fan. This software does that nicely. Tenants can view and digitally sign their lease, view charges, pay rent, communicate through platform if they like. Oh and it generates reports. What else do you really need? The interface is rather simple...easy to work with and graphically pleasing. It's rather intuitive. Doesn't take long to become comfortable. It's a nice product offering that solves my problems.

Cons

There are small details that can be frustrating but overlooked. When drafting my boilerplate lease...the format comes out slight wrong every time. The software creates a bunch of space between words or sentences. It appears random but I just edit it every time I create a lease...to clean it up and look proper. Setting up the lease could use a few tweaks. Tenant can not see a list of charges until AFTER the lease is signed. I'd like for them to see the charges at the time the lease is signed. It helps Tenant visually see what they are paying for at time of signing.

Value. Price. Simplicity.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Buildium was overwhelming. I am rather technical but I just wasn't comfortable with it.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

We are very grateful for your kind words. Thanks a lot for such a positive feedback.

Kelli from Fairway Properties

Tenant Cloud is the perfect solution for us!

Great experience, I would recommend they take requests and complaints more serious. As well, when making changes with updates, ensure that they are updates that consumers need or won't affect their current uses.

Pros

The ease of use, and ability to personalize most of the information input into the software.

Cons

The updates that are made regularly often affect items we were using and then they are no longer useful to us.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Propertyware is to in-depth of software, and requires too many fields for each entry or item you want to include.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied March 2020

Thanks for your great review, we really appreciate that.

Deana from Mohawk Mills Real Estate Group

Our Go-To for tenant Management Systems

Overall, I am very happy. I have tried other much more costly programs and quickly returned back to tenancloud. It's ease of use, and customer service have been great. The program has improved dramatically over the years and they continue to listen to customer input to improve their programs!

Pros

As a property manager it is detrimental that you have systems in play in order to scale and grow your business. We like many, started out just my husband and I with a few rentals and have over the past few years scaled. It is impossible to keep everyone and all properties straight. Tenantcloud does it for us. All communication are recored, rent is tracked, deposits are tracked, leases are systematically emailed and e-signed. It's a no-brainer

Cons

There is little I don't like about the software. I will say that the most recent email sent out to tenants without first speaking to those of us who actually pay for your services did nothing but ignite an unnecessary fire and create added tension in an already very difficult time. Please remember to put the clients who are PAYING you first.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied May 2020

We appreciate your feedback very much. Thanks for staying with TenantCloud.

Paul from Autonomy Investing, LLC

Solid features, interface is lacking

Pros

To get both accounting and tenant management for this price is pretty good.

Cons

Unlike QuickBooks and most other accounting software it does not automatically import your transactions. This means every payee must be entered manually before any transactions can be categorized for them. The software makes no attempt to recognize vendors and assume the proper category. Also the accounting filters reset to default every time you make a change, so making many changes of the same type is brutal.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

The feature set for the price.

Accounting features.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

Thanks for finding time and leaving your feedback here. We appreciate it.

Anthony from M.C. Dean

Industry: Civil Engineering

Small landlord

So far, my experience with TC has been great. I enjoy using the platform and have recommended it to several other investors.

Pros

I really like being able to track maintenance requests, collect rent, store documentation, and interact with tenants all in one single platform. I love my spreadsheets, but this has helped me eliminate a few. I'm also hoping this helps with next tax season to generate a simple file to upload and reduce some of the annoyance of all the included documentation of owning properties.

Cons

The only cons I struggle with are more than likely because I don't use it on a daily basis. Using it 1-2 times a month to follow up on rent payments and make sure I don't have any messages can make it a little slower navigating to where exactly I need to be. I also tried to setup recurring rent payments for tenants that haven't switched over to TC yet and I get a weird issue of duplicated rent bills. Could just be me not setting it up correctly, but not a big issue and takes 30 seconds to delete a transaction. The only other minor gripe is $90 for the year in order to use fee free rent collection for tenants. We have VenMo, PayPal, Zelle, etc with reduced to no fees. It's not a bad price (and still tax deductible) but that's my only real con.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please, create a support ticket via your TenantCloud account and our Support Team will be happy to assist with the issue regarding duplicated rent bills. We really appreciate your positive feedback.

Nina from Realty OL

Best property management software for small business

TenantCloud really helps in everyday rental management. It's easy to list vacant units, screen applicants, move in tenants, receive and track payments, assign maintenance requests and keep everything on the go with the mobile app. The support team is great. I have been asking for an autopay feature for a while and after few months they got back to me saying it was ready. Overal, I'm happy with my choice.

Pros

I am using TenantCloud for a while now and I really think they are doing a great work. I love the updates and the new design for the website. I like that for a small charge it gives you a bunch of valuable features. Especially I like that option of running the right report in the system and having the option to pay myself or having the tenant pay.

Cons

I think it is great that this product always have updates and adds different options that are valuable for landlords. I would only ask to add an inspection tool and maybe some way to send text messages to tenants and service providers through the site/app.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the great feedback! We will pass your ideas to our development team.

Diego from DYRE Holdings, LLC

Best option for small landlords

TenantCloud has been crucial to managing my rentals the last 2-3 years. Extremely helpful for recording my expenses and receipts and has been a life-saver come tax time when I need to do a final reconciliation of all activities. They're always improving it too, so I can tell they really believe in their product.

Pros

The free option for landlords/owners under 75 units is essential as a cost-effective way to manage your rentals. It's cloud-based and with constant updates to it's features and reporting. Allows for online tenant screening and standalone sites for individual units to list rentals. Very user-friendly interface allows me to enter expenses and collected rents in minutes and not waste any more time than I have to. Seems pretty robust with several features that I don't even use but I can see how they might be useful to institutional or larger landlords. Definitely recommend this product.

Cons

The report formats are not what I would choose, but they can be exported to excel and customized a bit so it's not a big deal. Never had to contact their customer support so I really don't know how they are, but I imagine they're pretty responsive given what I have read.

Lewis from Lewis W Morley Photography

Full featured, free property management software

As a complete newbie managing 4 units for a single landlord on short notice this program was super easy to pick up, set up the properties and get rolling.

Pros

The free version of Tenantcloud has absolutely all the features you need from a management program. You get up to 75 properties to manage for free, and that genuinely feels like the only limit to the free version. With the smallest bit of accounts and financial knowledge the program just intuitively makes sense without needing to be dumbed down. It's well laid out, customisable and helped me get on top of things during a very stressful handover.

Cons

Small bugs can be slightly annoying, one tenant had trouble connecting to their profile and it took a few connection emails back and forth, but it worked out within half an hour (tenants don't have to connect to the app, the main benefit for them would be seeing their financial position). Recording manual payment is very easy, though you can't manually record an OVERpayment through the "receive payments" button, it always returns to the expected payment amount, overpayment can only be recorded through the invoice directly. Honestly these are TINY issues which have cost me seconds.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Free, full featured, generous limits to use of the free version. Honestly come for the free, stay for how good it is.

Molida from Kchao & Kchao Holdings LLC

Best inexpensive cloud property management system out there!

Pros

I did extensive researching trying to find an affordable property management system that was cloud based and stumbled upon this one. I had signed up for the free version and loved the functionality of it all. Easy to navigate and look up by property or tenant. Love how you're able to implement a copy/scan of the actual lease agreement and save it. Everything is very simple and just the basics, like maintenance, tenant info, property info and ability to add pictures of the property as well, to reports, etc. Since then I had decided to upgrade to their 100 -150 property plan. The recent upgrades have made it worth my money.

Cons

When logging in a particular property's rent payment (and lets say i needed to log multiple payments for this property for different months that were behind) and after I click on save, it brings me back to the list of all the properties instead of back to the same property's accounting page to which I had just recorded a payment. Makes it a little difficult to log multiple payments for one property since I like to be able to view which months are behind and how much and have to ability to log payments accordingly.

Damien from Integral Properties

Check our TenantCloud for sure!

I have been extremely satisfied with my transition from another Property Management software to TenantCloud, I would and do highly recommend them.

Pros

Cons

None, it has been great thus far. The learning curve has been fairly easy

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Buildium was too expensive and cluttered

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

123 Landlord was not offering the service/assistance any longer. I believe the company was not taking care of the software any longer.

Jeffery from Carolina Property Management Partners

SC Residential Property Manager

Price for what you get is exceptional. Much of the same functionality that the big software services offer but for less $. I am happy I switched.

Pros

Cons

Some of the navigation within the site can be a little tricky and getting the tenants setup with online pay takes some hand holding but not much.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Annual cost of my old software just kept going up up up and it was getting rediculous for how I was using the service to pay that much.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy you have switched to TenantCloud.

Keith from Summertime Ventures LLC

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

TenantCloud has great functionality and just keeps getting better

My experience has been seamless and very pleasurable. I've been able to effectively run a large multi-family property with very little learning curve and was able to get fully up to speed within a week or two

Pros

My favorite thing about the software is how simple it is to use and how well the modules flow into each other

Cons

The only thing I think could be improved is if the system didn't reset you all the way back to the main screen after you completed a transaction

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

I chose 10:00 because it had all the functionality I needed, appeared to be a great value, and it seemed like the team behind it was constantly innovating and adding features

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

We appreciate your great feedback very much. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Dennis from TL3 Realty

Ease of use, to the point

Great thus far. Can't complain.

Pros

Ease of use, no-fees through TC payment service, great customer support. I'm a property manager of three units and doing this part time. For the most part, TenantCloud is simple and intuitive. When I had a question about a feature or how to do something, the Help section was useful. If that did not solve my issue then I would reach out to the Support Team. To my pleasant surprise, they had always come back to me quickly (within hours) and provided clear instructions as to how to solve for my needs. Lastly, rent invoice and collection is easy (and no-fees!).

Cons

Maybe the templates features (e.g. lease agreement template) could incorporate State-specific guidance? I found it time consuming using this template. For this reason I use something different, but I would like to have everything under TC.

Salah from Non Profit Organisation

Tenant cloud

I recommend anyone working in the real estate industry to use tenant cloud.

Pros

Every time they update the system they have something new. They ask the customers about their feedback for new reports and options in the system. They have a perfect team in the customer service.

Cons

Maybe they can add a furniture report for each unit

Socrates from Panos Management

It's free and works great. Great for managing a handful of properties.

This is a great property management software if you've never tried one before. We use this to manage just under 50 units right now and it's been a blessing.

Pros

Nice and professional look. Easy to use. Simple features but all work very well. Allows you to collect online payments. Allows for you to upload documents like leases to be signed digitally too.

Cons

Only thing I can say can be improved is the feature to input multiple payments at the same time. If you don't do it in small batches, the application freezes momentarily.

Stephanie from IDI Properties

TenantCloud Property Management Software

My overall experience with TenantCloud is great. The customer service is very responsive and we well as the fact that there are many tutorials available from TenantCloud on Youtube and they have an extensive help library.

Pros

Cons

The program is expanding every day, but I least like that I am not able to attach easily viewed notes to each unit.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the great feedback! We really appreciate it.

Tyler from Arem Properties

Exactly what I was looking for!

Overall, it's been really good. Looking forward to seeing what things are added to the platform down the road.

Pros

I was looking for a way to further systematize my property management. Paperwork is awful and I had become familiar with products like Dotloop for streamlining all of it. Being able to upload forms and insert merge fields has allowed me to get rid of all of it! Additionally, I didn't want to have three different systems for managing things. One for accounting, one for collecting rent, one for paperwork. Tenant Cloud has allowed me to combine two.

Cons

The setup process was a little confusing at times. The biggest hurdle in setting these types of programs up is knowing how it will work for the tenant. That was challenging to navigate at times. Additionally, there are a few other features that I would LOVE to see integrated into the program. I would pay more for those features.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Wanted to be able to send paperwork and have e-signature ability, while also collecting rent. Tenant Cloud takes care of 2 of the 3 things I need most for running my business. I would love to be able to track expenses/accounting. Currently, I am using Stessa for this.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

Thank you for such a great feedback. Our team is constantly working on new features so please, stay tuned!

Casey from 80 Main Street LLC

Excellent software for Landlords

I am able to have new tenants log on and get credit reports right away. I have great overall experience with Tenantcloud

Pros

online payments. automatic payments. help center. Applications. credit/background reports.

Cons

not able to have more than 6 bank accounts on one account.. I have to have two different log ins for all 10 properties I manage

Jordan from EllisonGroup

Self-serving meddlers

Terrible. Bad software. Bad leaders. Will do whatever suits them including talk to your tenants without you knowing.

Pros

Nothing. Stay away because they will interfere with your business.

Cons

TenantCloud [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a reporter and during the COVID-19 pandemic sent a survey to ALL tenants suggesting MULTIPLE ways to avoid paying their rent and asked if they would speak to a reporter. TenantCloud never told the Landlords about contacting their tenants or asked permission.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied May 2020

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to inform you that we are taking into consideration your opinion to become better. We would also like to add, that the survey you have mentioned was sent to registered users at TenantCloud which agreed to take part in surveys and no other contacts, applicants, leads, roommates or dependents were contacted. Once again, as we told before, the purpose was to help landlords and tenants during these unpredictable times. We value your feedback. Best regards and stay safe, TenantCloud Team

Peter from ArrowDoor

Pathetic Service

Pretty bad and will be out of business soon with this service and attitude.

Pros

Tried to cancel and they charged anyway. Then they would not issue a refund. Pretty pathetic. This is the pro.

Cons

Terrible interface and accounting. Not interactive.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2019

Thank you for letting us know about your experience using TenantCloud. We are sorry our product did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

Salah from UNDP

Best cloud website

it helps me track all related issues with my real estates

Pros

I have been using TenantCloud more than a year now and during this time they have changed a lot, they have updated the site to be one of the best and easy online websites to use for your real estate work. it makes you followup all payment contracts. for me its one of the best cloud application that i used during the past years and i think they would be better during the time as they keep updating the website.

Harold from BOND Realty

Great product

Very positive experience

Pros

Low initial cost Easy to use e-Payment of tenant rents

Cons

Full branded website is too expensive $100 per month I would like to see additional options for credit checks, for example, Rent Spree.

Low initial cost

Chris from Six Rock Properties LLC

Intuitive User Interface and Great Functionality

Organization

Pros

You cannot beat the functionality for the price. No ridiculous learning curve like Rent Manager or other high priced software. Perfect for those managing <200 units.

Cons

Would like to see more customized reporting. Customer support could be quicker but still responds within 48 hours.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We do our best to make your user experience as easy as possible.

Molida from Kchao & Kchao Holdings LLC

Best Free Property Management Software Online

Pros

I like how this software is free -up to 75 units at least- and that it's web-based so I am able to access it anywhere. I also like how easy it is to use and navigate. It provides landlords with up to 75 units for free, Easy-to-use Accounting, Marketing Website, Unlimited Tenants, Online Communication, Cloud Storage, Customizable Income/Expense Reports, Maintenance Staff Management, Online Rental Applications, Free Rental Payments, Online Maintenance Requests, and Automated ACH Payments from Tenants.

Cons

It does not provide a simple income and expense report, instead, it has a rent roll report that provides information for each unit individually, which is way too long of a report to print out.

Anthony from Absalon Property Management

Developing product and great for a small property management company

It’s been good, and the price is great but there are a few kinks it needs to work out. I will continue to use it and I feel some of the issues may be just user familiarity.

Pros

The price is inexpensive and the response via chat is great and fast.

Cons

The over the phone help has not been the best. Occasionally I feel like they are almost annoyed that I am calling. Also, the app needs some fine tuning.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Yardi was too complicated.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

We appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear you find our phone support to be annoyed as you mentioned above, but we would like to assure you that our support team is always happy to assist. Best regards.

Tammy from Tycoon Properties, LLC

Great Customer Service, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been been so helpful. She knows this program inside and out!

Easy, and straight to the point.

Pros

Simple to use. Good customer service from the start.

Cons

It’s all good. No problems. Good app as well.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Seemed better and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Wanted to try something better.

Salah from UNDP

Best cloud website

Pros

I have been using TenantCloud more than a year now and during this time they have changed a lot, they have updated the site to be one of the best and easy online websites to use for your real estate work. it makes you followup all payment, contracts and more. for me its one of the best cloud application that I used during the past years and I think they would be better during the time as they keep updating the website.

Cons

I dont think i have that much to say but for me maybe they need to update the design of the receipt payment.

Andrew from Proprietor

Absolutely horrendous user experience

I wanted to like it. Their customer service is friendly, but ultimately unhelpful because the software is poorly designed. They need to hire a UX design firm to overhaul the whole thing. I wanted to like it, I've given it a fair chance. I'm now looking hard to find a better product that I don't get angry about every time I try to get something done.

Pros

The user interface is aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

Nothing that you expect to happens, happens. Lease renewals are a nightmare. Can't trust the system to just work.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

At the time the payment features in Tenant Cloud were better. I don't think that's still true.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied July 2020

Thanks for sharing your experience. First of all, we want to say that we loved the expression about our interface: "aesthetically pleasing". But we are very sorry to hear you had such an experience overall. Our Support Team is always happy to assist and our Dev Team is doing their best to improve our system functionality. Thank you.

Chrstopher from Stone Capital Corp

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Stressful... constantly opening support tickets with problems, no fast phone support

The software has been overly stressful and take more of my time to use then I ever thought it would.

Pros

Lots of functionality, nice user interface, great mobile app, decent online support help (when applicable)

Cons

I've been using the software for almost a year now, and If I had to start over again, I WOULDN'T choose this software. It has been a non-stop struggle to get my tenant's user accounts connected to my landlord account, so they can access lease docs, pay invoices, etc. I have about 12 tenants using the software. At least half of them have had problems setting up a new user account and getting it connected to my landlord account. I'm constantly submitting support tickets and there is always a new reason why their account won't connect, and frankly the reason don't logically add up and in most cases simply aren't accurate. I've also had other issues like late invoices for monthly rent not generating late charges timely.

Satish from Computer Software

Leasing and working with service professional was bit difficult

It was good but due to my specific need lacking decided to move somewhere else.

Pros

Lot of features Customizable Inexpensive

Cons

Was not able to meet specific leasing features.e.g. PDF template e-signature, missing state specific agreements. Not able to work easily with existing Service professionals or lacking co-ordination support for future autopilot need.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Still not sure on alternate but might go with Hemlane or Avail.

MARIA from Brentwood Apartments

SOFTWARE

I need to have current information at all times at my fingertips. And that has been great so far.

Pros

We are still in the first stages of getting used to the software. I think as we use it more it will become easier to navigate. It has given me a better overview of our tenant situation. So far, I Love It!

Cons

Getting started and entering all the information has been a challenge. But we are getting there.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

My son is very good with software testing and he tested several products before picking this software as the best solution for our needs.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied September 2020

Thank you very much for the great feedback!

Mikkel from Computer Software

I think it's been very easy to use, and have potential renters complete applications, and also to get payments processed without need to directly interact with the renters.

Pros

It has been very easy for the most part to get this set up. It is also nice that there is a phone app that can be used in addition to the website.

Cons

There are a couple things that were hard to find, particularly some of the items that get populated into a least template.

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

pricing and features seemed better with TenantCloud

Sunny from Rent PCB

Good web based software for mid sized landlord

Pros

Has good features for management companies.. where they manage owner, tenant and management company. Good pricing for the features it offers. One of the lowest I have seen. Keep those up..

Cons

Support response time needs to be improved. Other than that all good.

Ryan from Muncie Management LLC

Great experience

TC has been a surprising experience. As an administrator, it’s easy to build unit profiles and onboard tenants. On the tenant side, we’ve gotten nothing but great reviews on the software. They love the amount of transparency and leverage they have to send us communication any time.

Pros

As a developing property management company, we wanted to implement software from the start. Tenant Cloud is easy to learn, easy to operate, and easy to maintain. We looked at several venders, but ultimately landed on TC for their feature packed suite.

Cons

The accounting piece isn’t 100% for us. There’s a lot of gaps that I do feel could be filled.

David from Crystal view

Clunky software with unhelpful support

I've used this platform for 2.5 years, but would not recommend it for others. The platform is clunky and not very intuitive. Tracking expenses and crediting tenants is difficult and changes with each update. Whenever you contact support they don't answer your question but just link you to an article on the general topic. Additionally I attempted to cancel my premium account prior to the beginning of the next month. They billed me early (as they normally do) but would refuse a refund even though I cancelled the service prior to the beginning of the month and my account was showing as a basic free account. Emails to customer service went unanswered. Filed a dispute with my credit card which was ruled in my favor. Due to their clunky platform and shady business practices I would recommend other tenant management software.

Pros

Automated bank draft support combined with auto property listing on all the major real estate sites.

Cons

The software is not intuitive and very clunky. Simple task such as crediting tenants is difficult and changes with each update. Also customer support is horrific.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied May 2020

David, we are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We appreciate that you have been our customer and we are sad that you are leaving. Still, we want to say thank you that you have found time to leave a feedback and we are really hoping you will find a system that works best for you. Sincerely, TenantCloud Team

Jason from Insurance

New User

About a 6 overall. I don't have a whole lot of use for it yet, but the customer service experience makes me wonder how I would be treated if I was a paying customer with a more serious problem.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and set up. I only own a couple properties at this point, so I don't have a whole lot to take care of, but it helps keep task and things prioritized and organized. I did put in a ticket for what I thought would be a basic customer service issue almost a month ago, and it still hasn't been resolved. It makes me wonder how something would be handled if I had a more serious issue.

Cons

The cost associated with using some of the features of the website. Because I only have a couple of properties, I don't need a subscription service, but if I could purchase one-off things like background checks, or if I could push off cost on to tenats for transactions to allow them to pay me through the app. if they wanted to.

Bekah from The Daisy Place

Best Property Management Program I’ve Found!

We own/manage about 8 luxury apartment rentals and 6 business suites and this program has everything we need to be successful. I am so excited to see where our business goes now that we have the right tools to get us there!

Pros

Really easy to use, quickly learn how to maneuver through it, covers all the bases of what we needed the program to do and much more. It is a program we can and will grow our business with!

Cons

I have no complaints so far. I had looked through, downloaded and called about 20 different programs and nothing was exactly perfect for what we needed. Until I found TenantCloud! Then, it was like finally, the search is over!

Matt from Marketing Industry

A single interface for all things related to managing your properties

I bought a new out-of-state property and needed a single piece of software to manage it. TenantCloud was a great choice.

Pros

My favorite part of TenantCloud is the accounting functionality. I can manage all my income and expenses with it, and I don't need to pay for a Quickbooks subscription. It's definitely a win-win and my accountant is going to thank me in April.

Cons

It takes a while to learn how to use, and if you offer a discount on rent one month, I still can't figure out how to manage that other than having unpaid rent due, but otherwise, it's great.

Nancy from EMS

Tenant Cloud pretty good

It was pretty good, but I only manage a few properties so I found google docs and excel are good enough for me.

Pros

It had a lot of features, some a little confusing but overall not bad for the money.

Cons

Like I sad, a little confusing but I believe if they offered training it would a super great program.

Wanted to try it out.

Response from TenantCloud

Replied May 2020

Nancy, thank you for finding time to leave us a review. We value every opinion to make our service better for our users. Stay safe, TenantCloud Team