All TenantCloud Reviews

Alex

2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed October 2023

Satisfaction With Property Management.

Reviewed July 2018

Perfect for Small Landlords!

It saved me a ton of time.

PROS

I could not have made it through my first year of managing my 4 properties without this. This is the 3rd year of using this soft and I'm loving it. They are continually improving the app. I am very pleased with the use of this program and my tenants love the convenience of paying their rent online. And maintenance requests are like a game. So easy, that even my elder tenants use it.

CONS

Well, they don't have a phone support, but once you figure out how to use support tickets you get used to it.

Thank you for a great feedback! We really appreciate your kind words.

Replied October 2018

Derek

Real Estate, 1 employee

Well Rounded PM Software at a Reasonable Price

Overall we're very pleased with TenantCloud, and would refer it to other property managers. While there are a few items I'd like to see upgraded, ultimately the value is great for the price. I tested several PM softwares before deciding on TenantCloud and have been very happy with our decision.

PROS

I like a lot about TenantCloud. To summarize, I like the ability to maintain all property management related features in one place, the ease of use and comprehensive coverage of the accounting feature, the ability for tenants to download the app and submit payments, maintenance requests, etc directly from the app, the reporting functionality is great, and the application process is streamlined and professional looking.

CONS

It is sometimes necessary to develop work arounds for simple features that are not available such as: creating an invoice for the first payment due on a renewal lease, viewing a lease that is currently out for signature, etc. It would also be nice to remove the per ACH charge given that can be problematic for some tenants. It also takes 5 - 7 days for funds to credit our account after a rent payment has been made, but it used to only take 1 - 2 days which was greatly preferred over the longer timeframe.

Reason for choosing TenantCloud

TenantCloud had more robust features than Avail or Rentec Direct, but didn't cost nearly as much as Buildium and AppFolio. TenantCloud gave us what felt like the best value between overall functionality and cost.

Tim

Reviewed November 2021

Daily SPAM & Poor Customer Service Respondes

After setting up one property the system would allow me to at more Units. Didn't have time to figure it out. The daily SPAM, the reply to asking about stopping the emails and I'm glad I didn't try to get Verified. I see a number of complaints on that process. Plus when I reached out to their online support chat, I was asked if I had an account with TC. At that moment I didn't because I wanted some answer before wasting my time. The reply was you have to have an account for us to talk to you!!! REALLY?!?!?!

PROS

It had a fresh look and it was somewhat easy to figure out without looking for or asking for help.

CONS

14 days trial is not enough time to really put this service through it's passes. The daily SPAM to upgrade and use other services and not being able to stop them. Per customer service, (my words) live with it or don't use our service.

Reason for choosing TenantCloud

I didn't, I have since deleted my account and this service is no longer be reviewed for use at this time. We are left with Innago and we are testing this service. So far so good, even with some minor quarks, plus it's a free service to use.

Tim, thank you for taking a moment and sharing your comment with the community. We take our customer service very seriously, so we pulled the dialog to see what happened. Yes indeed, our rep has suggested you create an account but also he has answered all your questions regarding how the system works and how it can help you. We are sad that you have decided not to go with TenantCloud, but we are hoping your business will be in a great place with your next property management software. Best regards, TenantCloud Team

Replied November 2021

Cecil

TenantCloud Review

It's been great so far. Anytime I have had a question the customer service is excellent over the phone.

PROS

The Lease template and the ability to docusign leases and other documents

CONS

The ability to customize the the website. For example, we manage a lot of single SFHs and we do not have a property manager on site. It would be nice to take the "schedule a tour" feature off of our page. Instead have them fill out an application and we can contact them to schedule a time.

Reason for choosing TenantCloud

Functionality and free payment processing

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

Zillow is no where near as robust of a system and their customer service is TERRIBLE

Carter

Great Value RMS!

Teantcloud is an amazing RMS offering a full suit of features at a great price. The support team is extremely attentive and always works with us personally to find solutions and implement work arounds for us when permanent solutions will take time to implement insuring we never loose productivity.

PROS

We love the price point of Teantcloud and the features it offers, while there are definitely more “polished” RMS out there TenantCloud is an easy to use full featured program.

CONS

The worst part about Teantcloud is the lease builder (which they say is getting a refresh) and accounting. The lease builder is VERY clunky but as a “set and forget” type thing I understand why it’s a low priority. The second of my gripes with TenantCloud is the externally basic accounting, as my company has grown it’s just not enough anymore. Teantcloud does integrate with QuickBooks Online but as a company who uses Xero we are left with a disconnected workflow.

Reason for choosing TenantCloud

We chose TenantCloud because of the set of features at its price point and that its cost did not grow as we did. Our primary other option was DoorLoop which we did not go with because of the price per property model. TenantCloud is the absolute best “bang for your buck” in rental management softwares.

Edward

Reviewed January 2024

Tenantcloud has gone from average to bad

I would highly recommend you do your research before signing on to TC

PROS

It was reasonably priced and has basic features. Now they've started removing all the basic features and forcing you to pay for everything.

CONS

This is a bait and switch company that you should avoid at all cost.

Lee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Tenant Cloud - A great platform and value

We have recently become landlords and have properties in several different cities in Texas. We wanted a platform to be able to do everything in it from listing, leasing, payment collection, payment records (rent roll) to maintenance requests and records. Tenant Cloud provides all of these features effectively and cost effectively. We especially like the features where Tenant Cloud automatically invoices to include late payments. As your number of units grow, this system appears to be able to grow with your business and I would highly recommend the software to anyone who is just getting started or is looking for a platform that provides a turn key solution.

PROS

Tenant Cloud provides and a comprehensive platform to list your rentals, find and approve applicants, store and document your leases and agreements, track and manage all payments and receipts for tenants and expenses and to track all maintenance expenses for a property and associated equipment / fixtures. All of these features are at your finger tips online and at a great value!Tenant cloud is also available via desktop or mobile application.

CONS

To fully utilize the system and it's capabilities it requires some trial and error. While the training is available and well thought out, it will take a novice / newbies, some time to figure things out and get all features deployed.There is one main feature that in my opinion needs to be improved and that is the speed for payments from Tenants to be processed through to the owner's bank account. With Online payments being essentially instant these days, and all rent payments made through Tenant Cloud's portal, there should be no reason that payments to owners could not be done withing 24-48 hours at the most. Currently it takes 7 days or more to get payments released to the owner's bank account.

Reason for choosing TenantCloud

After reviewing all features we found Tenant Cloud provided more of what we wanted in a turn-key solution and for an affordable price point.

Alycia

THE Perfect Solution for ANY Property Management Company or Simple Landlord

Whether you are a company or an individual managing a few properties, I would HIGHLY recommend Tenant Cloud. Their customer service has always been a 5-Star experience for me and my team, and they have helped accommodate all of our needs.

PROS

We have experienced multiple platforms of Property Management tools, and Tenant Cloud is by far our favorite. It is SO inexpensive, extremely easy to navigate, clean, simple, and perfectly functional for our company's needs. We currently have about 30 properties that we manage through TC, and the sky is the limit with this software. I personally love how easy it is to store property data, list vacant properties, field applications, and background checks - all offered in TC.

CONS

Honestly, I have yet to run into an area where TC hasn't already thought of it and de-bugged it. I have no complaints to date.

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

AppFolio was expensive and clunky. Did not sync to QBO and was extremely difficult to navigate, even to pull a simple report.

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Going on 6 years of use and still loving it

I’ve been using tenant cloud for almost 6 years now. I wanted something that was simple and inexpensive for managing the one property we are renting out, and Tenant Cloud has delivered over the years. Our tenants have appreciated the simplicity of the system and it’s been very easy for them to submit maintenance reports and set up automatic payments, the two most important factors for a simple rental situation like ours.

PROS

Very easy to keep track of payments and expenses. Very user friendly for our tenants, especially when setting up automatic payments.

CONS

For a landlord that only manages one condo, the initial setup feels a little daunting just because the system is so robust as to accommodate multiple properties. Took a little getting used to, and the tech support was great in helping that process.

Reason for choosing TenantCloud

Inexpensive, simple to use for the single property we rent out

Lee Melvin

Education Management, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2023

New TenantCloud User

PROS

I am a new user to TenantCloud. I have found the interface simple to use.

CONS

There are times when TenantCloud experiences as a glitch, such as the server being down. Thankfully, this does not happen often!

Jeffrey

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Functional, but ultimately not a good fit

PROS

The layout is okay, it made it enjoyable to use. The accounting and lease options were hard to use though.

CONS

The app had issues, I had to keep signing in over and over. Resolving issues with customer services took ages

Jeffrey, We're sorry to hear about your experience using TenantCloud. It's truly important for us to know how we can improve. That's why our team is always open to any feedback! We appreciate your thoughts.

Replied August 2022

Spencer

Reviewed November 2021

Helpful for Rent Collection

Overall, I have had a good experience, but I wish the communication option was easier for the tenants. I wanted all the tenants to correspond with us on TenantCloud, but they opt for texting and emailing since those are still easier. Also, one of my tenants said he found it hard to make a maintenance request and ended up just texting me, so a better interface for tenants would be better.

PROS

We were attracted to Tenant Cloud because it offered a way for tenants to pay rent via ACH, so our tenants would not have to pay fees and could easily pay online. TenantCloud also sends automatic reminders to tenants to pay their rent, and so far we have had no late rent payments!

CONS

Have had a few issues that were mostly fixed after reaching out to customer support. I don't like that it takes a long time for a payment to hit my bank account, as the ACH payments are sent first to my TenantCloud balance and then transferred to my bank account. Depending on when rent is due (since transfers are only made on business days), it could take up to more than 10 days for the payment to hit my bank account. I also wish it was easier to sync with QuickBooks.

Reason for choosing TenantCloud

The price was way more competitive than Buildium and had better features and interface than Avail.

Douglas

Reviewed September 2022

Some nice features but falls short for full scale property management.

This software helped us until we were able to implement a product that was a better fit for us.

PROS

1. Didn't required a minimum number of properties. 2. Was able to use quickly. 3. Customer service was good as I recall.

CONS

It just fell short on the features that were available on other products.

Ease of start up.

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

Night and day difference in the capabilities of the software.

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to offer cool and helpful features for our customers. We will be happy to receive your suggestions on how we can improve, so please feel free to submit a ticket with your ideas regarding features we may implement in future updates. Thank you in advance!

Replied September 2022

Robert

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2023

Well rounded software

Overall I have had a great experience with tenant cloud. Their customer service has always been very responsive and reliable.

PROS

I love that there is payment processing at no expense to the owners or tenants and a well rounded accounting software included in the annual fee.

CONS

Currently there is not the ability to pay/refund/ or move money to tenants outside of a security deposit. I would like that feature back.

Price and customer service

Reasons for switching to TenantCloud

More features with tenant cloud

Robert, we appreciate your feedback! We wanted to let you know that due to the latest system update if you want to send funds to your tenants you need to use the 'Refund' option. The same relates to the Security deposit, but please note you can refund it no later than 170 days after it was paid. You can always email us at support@tenantcloud.com and our team will be happy to assist!

Replied February 2023

Teresa

Porftolio Manager

This is well worth the time to implement in your portfolio or private personal hosing units. I would 100% refer this program to others. I have used in my past experiences Yardi, onsite, and hab, and Tenant Cloud is much easier and user-friendly for the residents and vendors as well as the office personal.

PROS

This feature is great for smaller portfolios under 150 units and for private landlords. The syndication with Zillow and other listings does help some. Great software for the money and easy to use. I love that I can add photos to the work orders when completing and link the vendor and the payments directly to the property and the vendor's profile.

CONS

It does not link with all programs, it also does not have a lot of advertising so the listing leads are pointless in my region. More advertising to get residents and prospects on the site that are looking for places would be great as well as more functions and abilities to remove some of the formated work orders for the properties. Ex. elevators if you don't have them that shouldn't be an option for the resident to choose for a work order( This would be like one putting in a pest control and it not being included in lease) These happen all the time.

Dean

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

TenantCloud feedback

I enjoy using TenantCloud. It keeps things centralized and organized for my Management business. Having this system helps me grow my business. The customer support, when issues arise, help issues get solved quickly both for me and my tenants. The big downside is the cost per month. I pay $100 per month when other apps are less expensive. I started using this application when it was significantly cheaper (free initially).

PROS

- TenantCloud messenger - Maintenance requests - Listings - Customer service is very helpful and mostly available

CONS

- Many times it takes too long to load when you are going from page to page - Stripe system takes too many days to clear rent payments to bank - You can not change the "tenants pay separate" back to "tenants pay jointly" once it is in the system - If tenant was on month to month but then you extend their lease to a one year lease at a higher rate, the system doesn't update their rent amount automatically the next month when it switches over. - It costs too much per month. I pay $100 a month for this, when other apps charge less.

Reason for choosing TenantCloud

To be honest, it was free at first and user friendly.

Deana