TurboTenant

TurboTenant Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Great tracking of invoices and easy rent collection with the ability to maintain property easily and effectively."
  • icon"The ease of use and your ability to link all content from renter's application into your dashboard making it extremely easy for landlords like myself navigate through the software."
  • icon"What I liked the most about this software was that there was no cost to me and it was very easy to post."
  • icon"You likely won't correspond with the same person if you even get a correspondence. We received a notice that our account was suspended and they didn't specify why."
  • icon"Sometimes you have to pay to access wider range of marketing software."
  • icon"I had a hard time finding the place to cancel my posting."

Browse all TurboTenant Reviews

• Have you used TurboTenant and would like to share your experience with others?

Made finding tenants a breeze!

A+++ - I have recommended to others who are landlords and most thoughtbit sounded great.

Pros

It was easy to use and very intuitive. I loved that I didn’t have to handle payments for background and credit checks making it all very easy.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. I have one property and was new to becoming a landlord and it out all of my administrative concerns to rest!

February 2022

Great all in one software

All in one platform for advertising and managing your properties. Works great with great customer service.

Pros

Cons

Software does not support automatic withdrawal for tenant rents.

Reasons for choosing TurboTenant

Recommend by a landlord. Looking for a better all around software.

Reasons for switching to TurboTenant

Recommend by a landlord. Looking for a better all around software.

Response from TurboTenant

Hi James, Thank you so much for the review! We're happy to hear that TurboTenant has helped you with tracking invoices, rent collection, and maintaining your property easily. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. Best, The TurboTenant Team

October 2022

Scammed

Terrible. Only emails when I tried to get a refund due to scam. Land lord says they do not have an account with TurboTenant and TurboTenant says they do. Only one taken for my background check was me.

Pros

Nothing as it scammed me. Wasn’t real and because online app. I had to click no refund. Thus my bank or TurboTenant won’t reimburse me.

Cons

Didn’t know the property was scam. Property manager says they do not have an account with TurboTenant and TurboTenant says they do. I’m stuck in the middle out of pocket $50 background check I never got.

Everything they do, they do well.

Tenant portal and online payment.

Pros

Tenant screening, lease creation, free tenant payment, tenant portal, maintenance request, pretty much everything was great. The way it brings in leads from third-party sites was impressive.

Cons

Lacked accounting features That's the only con I can think of.

Reasons for choosing TurboTenant

Better feature set than Cozy.

Better screening.

Response from Turbo Tenant

Hi Paul, Thanks for your review! We are glad you've enjoyed TurboTenant's screening features and marketing. Let us know if you need anything else! Best, TurboTenant Team

Replied July 2020

Tanner

Industry: Law Enforcement

Hands-down the best software I’ve used

Overall one issue and everything else 100% positive. For a free software program that does it all, highly recommended.

Pros

I am able to keep up with four different rental properties in one place. I’m able to create a lease for nine dollars, able to have my lease signed electronically and store it digitally. This software lets me know when the lease is about to expire and if I need to make any changes I do not have to pay again. Everything else about this is free! I’m able to keep documents, messages from tenants, previous tenants all in one place.

Cons

Worst thing is: if the tenant pays through Turbo tenant, it takes 10 days to deposit into your account. I do not understand this when PayPal/Cash app, Venmo etc. the money is immediately available. However, I do not have to pay through TurboTax and you will be able to manually select that they paid and send a receipt by email.

Response from TurboTenant

Hi Tanner, Thank you so much for the review! We're happy to hear that TurboTenant has helped you manage four properties with ease! Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. Best, The TurboTenant Team

Howard

February 2022

Good product for the cost, but you are not getting everything

The product and the company appear to me to be fine. Just be sure you know what you are not getting and be OK with that.

Pros

Cost. Great product for Property Managers just getting started.

Cons

This is not really a complaint. After all, you get what you pay for. The things that are missing that you may not need, or know you are going to wish you had are 1099 reports, customer portals for both tenants, and especially landlords. They, like almost all, provide some forms that are supposedly legally approved. But, there is no law firm associated with or printed on the forms. What are you supposed to do? Tell your client these addendums, etc are all within Florida law, just trust me. That is a great way to lose your client. But, here again, they did not promise anything more. Just saying you might find you should have done more research before buying........ Changing, later on, is a PIA.

Response from TurboTenant

Hi Howard, Thank you so much for the review! We're happy to hear that you've found TurboTenant to be helpful throughout your property management experience. If you ever have any questions about any of our features, please let us know and we'll be happy to provide an answer! Best, The TurboTenant Team

I love TurboTenant!

I have loved having a software that helps me with my rental properties!

Pros

Keeping up with rent payments. Also my tenants love it because they pay online... no need to run to the post office box as much.

Cons

The amount of time it takes for my tenants rent to be deposited.

Reasons for choosing TurboTenant

I like the layout of TurboTenant so much better.

Response from TurboTenant

Hi there! Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that TurboTenant has helped you keep up with rent payments, which we know can be tricky. Please let us know if you need anything else from us. Best, The TurboTenant Team

April

Really easy to navigate through the system.

I was able to get the best tenants from Turbo Tenant. I like that it gives you all the information to be able to decide who "fits" best at a property I'm renting.

Pros

It covers everything and even some things I would not have thought to ask. I like how it is formatted and easy to read.

Cons

As a Landlord, waiting on applications and prospective leads to confirm who they are after they have applied before I get the report, this is new since I've used this app since 2016.

Lisa

Excellent Platform

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use, customer service was what I liked the most.

Cons

There was nothing that I did not like,except when my email changed and i needed support to access my account.

Reasons for switching to TurboTenant

The starting charging too much

Response from TurboTenant

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for the review! We're happy to hear that you found our customer service to be helpful. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. Best, The TurboTenant Team

bruce

Industry: Facilities Services

February 2022

Great features and functionality... and its free!

our property management is now entirely online thank to turbotenant

Pros

great tenant screening, excellent management features

Cons

sometimes hard to log-on to other computers

Response from TurboTenant

Hi Bruce, Thank you so much for the review! We're happy to hear that TurboTenant has helped you with tenant screening and property management. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with! Best, The TurboTenant Team

Replied February 2022

Great tool for landlords!

Pros

The software is easy to use and I especially loved the renter application and background/credit check process - super quick and efficient and I love the format and information it provides.

Cons

It should add Zillow to the places it posts.

Shane

We didn't have the best experience

We wouldn't use them again. We have since asked numerous times for them to stop sending us soliciting emails and while we haven't received any as of yet the day this review is being written we have received them almost every day leading up to it. So just be aware of Turbo Tenants down sides and you determine if Turbo Tenant is worth the chance for you.

Pros

We thought Turbo Tenant had ease of use going for them.

Cons

So we liked the ease of use of Turbo Tenant but heaven forbid you ever have an issue. You likely won't correspond with the same person if you even get a correspondence. We received a notice that our account was suspended and they didn't specify why. We sent them numerous emails inquiring as to why. We did not receive a single response (they don't have a number to call...very odd) and we no longer have access to the database of people that were interested in our rentals. So now Turbo Tenant gets to keep and do god knows what with those client's information. So if you are going to try turbo tenant, I'd highly recommend you figure out how to export the leads to another source to ensure those people's information isn't being used or sold because Turbo Tenant does not have a method of exporting those leads which we felt was a bit odd as well. Other than those issues, Turbo Tenant wasn't all that bad but we've since found a much more user friendly company that allows for exporting applicants via CSV file. Best wishes.

Reasons for switching to TurboTenant

We made the switch because we felt the new company has much better options and their customer service is much, much better than Turbo Tenants.

Response from Turbo Tenant

Hi Shane, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your feedback - we are sorry to hear about your experience with TurboTenant. We apologize if there was a lack of communication from our side of things - since we are mainly an online company the majority of our support is through chat and email services, however, you can schedule a call with our support manager if necessary. I do want to take this opportunity to clarify a few things - we do not sell any private information and currently do not allow a CSV export of renter leads for privacy reasons. Because we want to protect both our landlords and renters, we are very strict on our policies - if you are curious about why your account was suspended, please reach out to support@turbotenant.com. Again, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you did not have a good experience with us - we would be happy to connect to see if we can help you with your questions. Thank you, the TurboTenant Team

Replied May 2021

Jessica

Turbo Tenant has replaced Craigslist for online advertising!

My experience has been exceptional. Love love love this software!

Pros

I love Turbo Tenant. I receive sooo many leads (majority of my leads) from a single post. It's very easy to use and quality leads that often turn to leases. I would highly recommend - better & more sophisticated than Craigslist!

Cons

This is by no means a big con but I would love if there was a drag and drop option for repositioning photos rather than have to click the arrow repeatedly to get the photo to the main section.

Dana

I'm a happy Turbo Tenant Property Manager!

Good tenants in my rental properties

Pros

I love how easy Turbo Tenant makes getting a rental rented! It pushes the ad out to major real estate sites at the push of one button. And I especially love how easy it makes the application process. No more dealing with paper. They do the dirty work, you get the results you need. Win win! And it doesn't cost the landlord or property managers a dime.

Cons

I really can't think of anything. The only thing I might add that I wish they had was a way for tenants to pay their rent through turbo tenant. That would allow the tenants to pay with credit cards, just like they pay for the application fees through turbo tenant. It would be so helpful. Oh yeah, and I really got used to the old interface. Didn't like the change at first, but now I'm getting used to it, so don't change it ever again!!

Linh

Industry: Wholesale

Turbo Tenant - UX

My problem: Having an electronic application that ties into a user friendly app that I can make decisions on based off the credit/background check. Your software helps to connect landlords and tenants together allowing landlords to make the right decision on who will rent their home(s).

Pros

Cons

Nothing. I think it is well thought out and whoever created it is spot on.

Betina

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

We have different accounts were funds had to go

We have to stay with zego x now even we wanted

Pros

Program is good But to open 32 different accounts was a deal braker We dont want to touch someone else funds

Cons

We cannot set up all prperties in one account since belong to different owners

Cost

Response from TurboTenant

Hi Betina, Thank you so much for the great review. We're happy to hear that you found us easy to use! Best, The TurboTenant Team

Replied January 2022

Denise

Great Product!

I rented one house in a matter of hours. As a small business, ease of use and a modern look are both very important to me. My residents and prospective residents found it easy to use and communicate with me.

Pros

This software made renting my units so easy! The marketing gets done. I get email notifications. Return emails to prospects is automatic. Screening is automatic and easy to read. Renters insurance is only a click away. Prospective renters can communicate with me via the software. They make it easy, simple and painless to list your property.

Cons

There is no data base to access quickly You may need to purchase forms from an additional vendor.

Reasons for choosing TurboTenant

Everything was all in one place. I did not have to go to multiple websites to list one property (Zillow, Apartments.com, Craigslist, etc.). I wanted my renters to have renters insurance and Turbo Tenant made that easy too!

Phillip

My best tenants have come from Turbotenant!

Saved my old listings. My best applicants came from TT.

Pros

Has sufficient features and easy to use, plus keeps my older publications for ease in updating as necessary.

Cons

I sometimes forget the site and need a reminder. Suggest a site reminder. There may be a reminder method that I am not aware.

Response from Turbo Tenant

Thanks for the great review Phillip! We're happy TurboTenant has helped you so much. Let us know if there's anything else we can ever help you with!

Replied April 2018