• Pros

• "I only used it for about a year but it was very easy to pick up. The user interface is clean and well laid out. The reports are great too. They look very professional. "

• "Easy to use; Have all the basic functions and features that Voyager offers but with much lower license fee; East for initiate setting up. "

• "Reporting customisation within the engine is awesome. Liked using it"

• Cons

• "it's pretty pricey. still use the older version and for what I need it it's good enough. eventually I will switch though"

• "The only thing i dislike is the price. They charge a very high MIN price even if you only need it for a couple of units. If it was not for the price we would have kept it. "

• "Different from Genisis. The look and use is hard to get use to. Training not sufficent just in video."

Browse Yardi Genesis2 Reviews

Stella from Katz Properties, LLC

Great software for small to medium real estate companies.

Reporting is really strong, especially the financial reporting packages. It is extremely user-friendly and very easy to navigate from one module to another. If can have more reports available or the flexibility to customize report, that would be great.

Pros

Very strong for accounting, lease administration, property management. AR reports, rent roll and other tenant reports are easily readable and update from the quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Can't run NNN report, or P&L report per square feet. Can't have the YardiPay add-on for Genesis 2 version.

June 2015

David from Two Plus Four Management

June 2015

Yardi Genesis is a great product with the backing of a great company

Pros

The service with Yardi is phenomenal. Even with their unsupported or out-dated products they give full and helpful support and are generally great polite people to work with. Their product is great and easy to use, with reports in multiple formats without the need for conversions. This has helped our organization out with our Tax Credit Syndicators as some prefer PDF reports and others Excel. Thus making the ability to do this a great asset to the company.

Cons

The only thing I caution people on is making sure the databases are set up correctly. If you don't configure it right the first time it is sometimes harder to go back and change things (number of properties needed, etc.) then set it up right the first time. Not a major issue though, more like a minor annoyance.

Jeanmarie from NW Management Group

Shopping for new software

Looking for new software now.

Pros

The Automatic reporting is a helpful feature. The dashboard is nice, but very rudamentory and the none of the date due by fields work

Cons

not easy. Clunky dashboard. No automation. No app. Not Apple friendly. Unreliable. no picture. Less automatic then it should be.

Response from Laura

Replied April 2017

Hello Jeanmarie, I apologize for the frustrating program interface experience that you have described. Delivering excellent products and services has been Yardi’s commitment to our clients for over thirty years. We continue to innovate and improve our products. I would like to learn more details about your experience and work to make things right. I will reach out to you, but also feel free to contact me at your convenience. Best regards, Becky Sanvictores Vice President Client Services Office 800.866.1124 x1140 becky.sanvictores@yardi.com

Patrice from Florida Commercial Enterprises, LLC

Yardi Genesis2

Pros

I liked all of the reports that were available to us.

Cons

We were only allowed a limited amount of users.

David from Wood Operating Company, LLC

Yardi is a solid choice for Property Management software, but lacks some key features

Pros

Yardi is easy to use, once you know how to use it. The accounting and reporting are robust. I like to ability to define unused fields and create custom attribute queries. The support team does a great job of helping with issues. The A/R and A/P processes run smoothly.

Cons

Training is minimal and the software is not intuitive. Our lease is complex, and it could no be loaded into Yardi so that we could have a seamless application to signed lease workflow. The maintenance module does not track field technicians time at a property, so there is no actionable reporting available for work orders.

Socrates from Panos Management

very intuitive.. highly recommend

It's a great management program. I wasn't using any property management software prior to this so it helped us organize all of our work and the reports provided some good insight.

Pros

Cons

While the interface is clean and intuitive, there are areas that are too cluttered. Options are good to have but I got frustrated at times trying to navigate around the program. The program will also crash repeatedly if you do too much (assuming my hardware isn't to fault here).

Great Real Estate Software

Great product, very competitive price, terrible user suppport

Pros

Cons

The user support is terrible. There is no support email; while calling the user support line, no one is ever available. After leaving a dozens of voicemail messages, no one responds to you until two or three days later.

Response from Becky

Replied July 2017

Hello Stella, I apologize for the frustrating customer service experience that you have described. Delivering excellent products and services has been Yardi’s commitment to our clients for over thirty years. We continue to innovate and improve our products. I would like to learn more details about your experience and work to make things right. I will reach out to you, but also feel free to contact me at your convenience. Best regards, Becky Sanvictores Vice President Client Services Office 800.866.1124 x1140 becky.sanvictores@yardi.com

Nikki from Premier services

Yardi Gen 2

Pros

Cloud based, training available, fairly easy to use. It is great to use the system from anywhere if needed.

Cons

JOSE from sutton group del mar realty

TOO COMPLICATED, TOO MANT STEEPS AND NOT WHAT THEY PROMISE YOU

WHEN THEY SELL YOU THIS PROGRAM EVERYTHING ITS POSSIBLE WHEN YOU START TO USE IT THEY TELL YOU SOME FEATURES ARE NOT AVALABLE IN THIS PROGRAM, THE PERSONAL THAT ARE SUPOSSE TO HELP YOU IMPLEMENT THE PROGRAM SOMETIMES THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT , AND NEED TO ASK OTHER PEOPLE IN THEIR COMPANY

Pros

LOTS OF REPORTS, AND INFORMATION, ITS A GOOD PROGRAM TO KEEP TRACKS OF PROPERTIES AND TENANTS.......

Cons

EVERYTHING ITS COMPLICATED , YOU NEED TO GO TRUE TO TOO MANY STEPS, ITS NOT FLEXIBLE, THE IMPLEMENTATION TEAM STILL DONT HAVE FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE PROGRAM

Response from Becky

Replied March 2018

Dear Jose, I apologize for the frustrating update experience you have described. Delivering excellent products and services has been Yardi's commitment to our clients for over thirty years. We continue to innovate and improve our products. I would like to learn more details about your experience and work to make things right. I will contact you, alternatively, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Best Regards, Becky Sanvictores Vice President, Client Services Office 800.866.1124 x1140 becky.sanvictores@yardi.com

July 2016

Jodie from Oakland Management Corp.

2.5

July 2016

Yardi - it's ok

Pros

Large selection of modules/programs, great accounting processing.

Cons

Poor customer service, most departments do not talk to other departments within the same company.

Mamta from RE/MAX Combined Investments Inc

Excellent

Pros

everything is understandable & easy for operating, specially for Storage unit they separated. Like Storage facility, commercial is easy

Jeremy from Wilshire Pines Apartments

Very pleased

Over all, yardi has been streamlined to make our lives in the apartment industry much simpler. From changing status of vacant units to adding service requests, yardi is very user friendly.

Alejandra from Westport Realty, Inc.

Yardi Genesis 2 makes itself worth every penny

Generally a great program to use.

Pros

One of the best programs that I have used for property management, it is cloud based so you can use it anywhere and it fits businesses that are on the smeller end however, can help you track everything that is necessary when managing properties.

Cons

Nothing, it works like a charm. If there is any little thing that you are not happy with or do not understand then just contact customer service and they'll solve your problem.

Melodie from Assured investment Management

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Very good system, easy to use

Pros

They thought of everything. They have great advertising. Easy to use and the system has so many features.

Cons

They thought of everything. But they made the accounting pretty confusing. They are expensive for smaller business

Tamara from Accord Management

Easy to learn

Pros

This is a great software to manage HOA's. Has all the reports I need. It's easy to use and easy to learn.

Cons

The Help function needs more updating and details. If I can't figure out how to do something, the help button isn't that useful.

Hovhannes from Atesian Properties

Yardi Genesis 2

Pros

We just started using and this software. The implementation team is very nice and helpful. Hope fully after the implementation it will be this easy to reach them. The software is easy to use and is stable. We haven't explore all the functionality, but I can tell that it does a lot more than our prior sowtwere - Skyline

Cons

During the implementation we had input all the data manually. It didn't have have import option. Only begining balances could be imported, but the tenant, vendors and chart of acc had to be manually imputed

kathy from K and G Management

Yardi review

Haven't used it yet. Haven't implemented it yet. I have used Yardi for 20 years and have loved it. We aren't sure about the web base program. Haven't used it yet. Haven't implemented it yet. I have used Yardi for 20 years and have loved it. We aren't sure about the web base program.

Pros

We haven't used it yet.

Cons

The price/month. I like controlling my information privately. We built our properties 20 years ago, and always want to maintain a database, even when retired.

Krunal from Citco

June 2016

Briefly summarize your experience with this product.

Pros

Reporting and customization also interation and sginle database

Cons

PlugIn and upgrade I dont link, Cloud UI and contronal pannel

Sab from Tessler & Stein

good product

Pros

layout is great, you can use it wherever you are, login is easy and fast, has more function than I need

Sarah from Braunfels Haus Apartments

Excellent product and training

Pros

Excellent variety of reports. Outstanding training by personnel. Software is well worth the minimal cost.

Cons

Until you get use to the features, requires several extra steps to complete options that are being processed.

Chris from Real Estate

Little to no automation. You have to manually post late fees every day the tenant doesn't pay. Seriously, it's sad. Imaging having 50 properties and dealing with this. Shopping other providers

Pros

Good reports. Customer support and implementation team are nice. I have nothing else to write about it that is positive.

Cons

No owner portal, no automation, expensive, implementation takes forever, clunky, unintuitive. You have to go to multiple screens to set up one property. Everything is manual. I could go on and on. Seriously, this thing is terrible. Only chose it because it's "Yardi" - the go to in management software, but this is a joke.

Response from Laura

Replied November 2017

Dear Chris, I apologize for the frustrating functionality experience you are describing. Delivering excellent products and services has been Yardi’s commitment to our clients for over thirty years. We continue to innovate and improve our products. I would like to learn more details about your experience and work to make things right. Please feel free to contact me via email or telephone at your convenience. Best regards, Becky Sanvictores Vice President, Client Services Office 800.866.1124 x1140 becky.sanvictores@yardi.com

Stella from Katz Properties, LLC

The best property management and accounting software

Pros

Easy to use, very well designed with great features, cost competitive. I used Yardi Voyager for more than 10 years from my prior jobs, but I have to say Yardi Genesis 2 is better than Voyager in so many ways.

Cons

Hope there are more reports available in the Analytics section. Sometimes it runs slow, but it can't be due to our internet issues.

August 2016

Heidi from Schneider Homes

August 2016

Yardi Genesis 2 - a total trainwreck

Pros

Being able to have a historical conversion, but unfortunely the reports generated TY/ LY reports with 0 and they like most other issues have NEVER been fixed. The company doesn't even understand their own software. The technical support doesn't understand the income and expenses and accounting practices of an apartment community.

Cons

Customer support....and is it the most clunky, non-user friendly software I've ever used. We tried to use it for 2 1/2 months and couldn't get them to fix the bugs in their own system. all the software issues I was having I fixed most of them myself. We moved to Appfolio starting August 1st...night and day difference. I'm thrilled, more importantly my team is happy, and our tenants are impressed with the online portal.

Adam from JIM-BERN COMPANY

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

The ability to automatically pull data to use in our marketing program is fantastic.

Pros

The variety of different reports. I also like that it is a web based product. I can access data in the office and while I am at our properties.

Cons

Too many options. It sometimes takes a while to find the best way to do something. It has been a challenge training people.

Ravi from Citco

Investment management

Pros

Reporting engine and custom dashboards Data mart and KPI

Cons

Plugin and point release or deployment and response from cloud in terms performance

Richard from Citco Fund Services

Yardi BA Reviw

Pros

Fulfills the needs of our clients. Great client service

Cons

Upload large quantities of data. Always an issue when onboarding large clients.

Julie from Family Worship Center

Inconsistent

The software more than provides the needed functionality for our properties. However we constantly have issues with HUD receiving vouchers, recertifications, etc. As long as it works everything is fine but when HUD can't receive documents from us we have problems that take weeks to resolve.

Pros

Completely web based and budget friendly

Cons

Constant transmittal issues

April 2016

Jaribu from Lewis Nelson & Sons Inc

2.5

April 2016

Yardi Genesis Experience

Pros

I liked the dashboard once you logged in. It gives you a quick snapshot of the events going on for a selected property.

Cons

We are based in California and I did not like that the product specialist was located in the eastern time zone. If we had issues that arose after 12 o'clock our time, they were not answered until the next day. Work would stop until we got a response back from our product specialist.

Karthik from Citco fund services

Yardi review

Pros

Reporting customisation within the engine is awesome. Liked using it

Cons

Still learning the tool. Point release is one problem we face. Missing documentation about optional packages

Jenica from Two Plus Four Management

July 2015

This product is great, I use this daily with no issues.

Pros

The program is pretty easy to navigate as well as use. It is very self explanatory. I use this program daily without any issue.

Cons

There really is not anything that I do not like about the program.

Laurie from The Sherman Agency

Accountant

Pros

Web based access from any internet connection. Dashboard give an at a glance view.

Cons

Conversion was a complete nightmare. Software has glitches & conversion corrupted data. It has been 10 months since conversion; still cannot add modules because core software has too many problems. Not as flexible as Gen1. No accounting support. No local support. Very expensive.

Tiffany from CRI Commercial Properties

Not very user friendly

Pros

Yardi Genesis2 reports were very detailed

Cons

Yardi Genesis2 system altogether wasn't user friendly compared to other software I have used in the past.

Jeanne from ARgus Property managementy

Poor

Training was poor; when you need assistance, many times tech's are not available; you leave a message and calls are not returned until possibly 2 days later; you always get a different tech who tells you a totally different way of approaching a problem.

Pros

It does have a lot of functions; you get what you pay for.

Cons

Difficult to maneuver, very unforgiving if you make a mistake and try to correct, Tries to cover too many aspects of setting up a property on different platforms

Alex from Citco Fund Services

Yardi Genesis

Pros

Intuitive, easy to navigate and allows for customization for open-ended funds. Vendor is always on the forefront of the changing regulations in the Alternative Investment Technology space.

Cons

Cost is too damn high. Although competitive pricing with other industry leaders, pricing is significantly higher than other smaller competitors but functions for Investor Manager are the same of other GLs.

Brenda from Border demo

Great software but too expensive

Pros

I really like the software the reports are great. hey are detailed and broken down and very easy to use software.

Matthew from Recl

Yardi Review

Works well for certain things but a lack of customization or frequent updates makes integration with other software difficult.

July 2015

Kim from Two Plus Four Management Co., Inc.

Yardi Genesis/Classic review.

Pros

Easy to navigate, use and figure out. I have never dealt with the actual vendor as any problems I've had with Yardi have been handled in office.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Yardi Classic and Genesis is that I can't pull up multiple reports at a time. I have to keep going back to the menu bar to select.

Nikki from Premier services

Yardi Genisis

Need to make ie easier to use

Pros

Good reporting, very detailed financial information. The help feature does help a lot when needed.

Cons

Not easy to learn, too many steps involved. Need to have less clicks involved and more user friendly.