Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Streamline time for entering accounts payable- nice that you can enter a batch (meaning more than one company)"

• "It was easy to follow the organization of the software. If you needed to find information it could be easily located"

• "For residential property Yardi allows me to input upcoming large expenditures as well as Holiday expense allowance- Nice"

• "You can do EVERYTHING in Yardi. It handles all aspects of property management, from the site to the accounting department."

• Cons

• "having to generate crystal reports for leasing prospecting is slow in comparison to onesite nor as functional in my opinion. "

• "Sometimes the answer to what you are looking for is not so obvious. "

• "Sometimes, it's hard for Yardi to process when the data becomes really big. It caused the whole system run slowly."

• "Sometimes it can run a little slow which pushes me a little behind "

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 94 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Paul from Commercial and Corporate Real Estate Consultancy

Yard Voyager: A Must See Product

If you're shopping for property management software, then, even if you're a small firm now, Yardi should be on your consideration list. You are planning to grow, right? It will be a selling point if you prospective clients that you use Yardi.

Pros

During my 35 years in commercial and multi-family residential real estate, I have literally watched the real estate management software industry grow up. I have used most of the best property management software companies' products at one time or another. Yardi has been an industry front runner virtually since its release. If you run a large management company with institutional clients, then chances are you already know all about Yardi, because many institutional owners require that their managers use Yardi. If you aspire to manage institutionally-owned ("investment grade") properties one day, then you should take a hard look at Yardi. It is highly competitive cost and feature-wise with its very best competitors. Call Yardi and ask for a demo. At the very least, you will get a taste of what top-of-the-line property management software looks like. I have recommended Yardi software to my property management clients on many occasions. In all fairness, one size does not fit all in the property management industry, and I have recommended one of Yardi's competitors instead more than once.

Cons

What I like least about Yardi also applies to its best competitors. That is, there is a lot of front-end setup required to use its most valuable features. And there is a steep learning curve to be overcome in its use. Intense training of your controller/accountant(s) may be required, and additional training of property managers. As a general rule, you should expect Yardi's implementation cost to equal or surpass its purchase cost. This goes double if you plan to host Yardi on a proprietary server at your company. Again, my comments here apply to Yardi's best competitors as well. The best property management software is powerful, feature rich, highly customizable, and, when properly implemented, speaks well of your company's professionalism in many respects.

Jennifer from San Jacinto Storage

A valuable tool to manage all of your rental properties all in one place. Great for many units.

Against all other rental property softwares, this is the most diverse. You can literally use it from everything to commercial, residential and hospice type environments. It is also really great because most people that have worked in the rental property industry are familiar with the program which makes training new hires a lot easier.

Pros

This is a great way to manage every part of your rental property aspects all in one place. Yardi Voyager is extremely helpful in implementing payments to accounts and many more features. There is a reason that Yardi is one of the most popular rental software tools out there. They make handling everything simple and easy. Yardi Voyager specifically is good against multi platform rentals. It's like the big boy of rental tools. Once you have it all configured you'll never use anything else. It will help you with quotes on your new move ins, your lease expirations, your work orders for your maintenance people, it will also help with your occupancy, your vacancy and your foot traffic in your property. There are a lot of reports that you can generate to gauge how you are doing financially in the business as well. Yardi Voyager is an extremely useful tool.

Cons

The only con that I have about the program is that some of the functions that are incredibly useful, can be a bit difficult to configure and set up. Luckily though, any time I've struggled all I've had to do was contact customer support and they literally were able to help me step by step. Very very useful.

Matthew from Ascent Real Estate Management

Solid Property Management Accounting

Pros

The accounting functionality is solid on Yardi Voyager and gives you a range of options ensuring that simple HOA/Condo financial statements can be completed with ease but also having more detailed setting for clients that require it. The system is completely customizable so that almost any company's business practices can be reflected in the workflow patterns, menu-sets and reporting.

Cons

Some of the new websites and software that are designed for client access to records are pushing the boundaries of what traditional software providers (such as Yardi) currently have on offer. Yardi are in the process of updating to try and match the new offerings that are available though - although the enhanced features are sometimes within whole new modules and options (such as Concierge) which are additional costs on top of the base Voyager package.

Breanne from SBI

Accounting and Property Management

I used Yardi for accounting, lease information, building information, tracking COI's, running budget reports and many other things. Overall it is an amazing product that can help a business consolidate their PM tools all in one.

Pros

The biggest pro for Yardi Voyager is the ability to track multiple properties in one system, this includes COI tracking, AR, collections, lease terms. The other wonderful tool is the ability to keep all the property information in one place (i.e. building size, type, year etc...)

Cons

This program can be difficult when it comes to first time users. You spend quite a bit of time training. Also, there are usual multiple ways to accomplish the same goal (i.e. posting rents on tenant's ledgers) so it can be confusing when beginning the program and trying to understand what buttons so to what and which one you should us for a process.

Erik from Alliance Residential Company

Making Property Management Manageable

It's been fairly simple to use. I wish it would be just a little more intuitive, but the Yardi Helpful Tools and instructions makes life easier if I have questions. Yardi Support is also amazing and answer almost all my questions perfectly.

Pros

Would I be able to run my apartment/townhome communities without Yardi Voyager? Maybe. Would I like to try? Definitely not. It is a life saver organizer and allows me to stay on top of everything that needs to be accomplished for me and my team. From leads, to financials, to reporting and more Yardi Voyager is my go to software.

Cons

Why can I not run certain reports on Google Chrome?! Biggest frustration and makes me go to Internet Explorer to run some reports, and I wish they made the search function a little more user friendly

A solid, functional tool

Pros

I appreciate the ease in which you can run reports through Yardi and how quickly and dependably the software uploads invoices. It has pretty reliable support features and allows me to do lease administration easily.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there isn't a quick way to compare invoices as you are coding unlike other programs that I've used. This can make it challenging to easily open other invoices and see missing recurring payments and ways that similar invoices are coded. It also is frustrating how the pathways and names to different functionalities within the program are different for different users. This can make collaboration confusing when it isn't universally the same for all users.

Eric from Triple Net Acquisitions

Yardi Voyager for a Commercial Real-Estate Company

Voyager is a great tool and we would choose it again!

Pros

Once set up, Yardi does a great job automating the management of our properties. We have also been able to use automated receipts and payments to allow us to process transactions wherever we are. Yardi has been built around real estate and that is evident!
Customer service has also been excellent. Support reps are dedicated to helping resolve issues and follow up is great.

Cons

Set up is a bit complex and choppy. Support is available and helpful, but there is not a lot of written documentation to rely on. The structure of the system and how it works is not very intuitive and you need help to get most things done.
We are a Mac shop and have had significant difficulties getting set up. However, we got there and are doing great!

Lena from American Homes 4 Rent

Yardi Review

I have enjoyed working with Yardi and learning something new about its functionality every day. It's easy to use and there are always enhancements coming out to make report running and daily use easier.

Pros

Yardi makes it very simple to review all properties we have in the company. We are able to review tenant ledgers, run reports, reconcile accounts, add/delete properties, run trial balances and other report from Yardi Voyager.

Cons

The company I work for has a lot of properties and sometimes Yardi can run a bit slow when many people/departments are utilizing it especially around month end close.

Cosme from Greystar

Yardi Voyager

I love the simplicity that Yardi Voyager offers to maneuver from resident profiles and reporting functions. I would definitly recommend Yardi as the top system for any property manager.

Pros

Easy system allows you to view resident profiles, reports and other functions that make property management simple and easy to maneuver.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot open resident profiles and reports at the same time. I find it also at times when searching or populating a field is becomes blank or inputs previous searched numbers or letters making it frustrating to search rapidly and efficiently.

Yardi Voyager

The onboarding was awful. I wanted to cancel the conrqctnhalfway through and we were actually upgrading from an old Yardi platform, not another software. Once getting through that though it is a truly phenomenal product.

Pros

Capabilities are almost limitless. So many options and modules available. It’s expensive but can automate enough workload that administrative staffing can. It really is amazing what it can do.

Cons

The onboarding was brutal. Yardi has no subject matter experts on their teams that actually care understand property management and maintenance and that makes it very difficult to speak the same language. Some of their trainers are great and some are awful. The trainers are not Yardi employees they are independent contractors.

Cherlisa from Real Estate

I use Yardi during 90% of my day. I wouldn't be very productive without it.

It helps make my job easier. I can't do much of anything without it. When the system is down or I get locked out... I am useless...

Pros

I think it is very user friendly. I had never used the program two years ago when I started my new job. I caught on immediately. There are options available to get to different tasks more than one way. I am still learning new things, but I feel lost without the program.

Cons

Sometimes the communication between other programs is funky. We use I Love Leasing (Sweet Spot) and the import/export causes multiple leads.

Malicia from Simply Home Innovations, LLC

Yardi= Common Sense

Pros

Easy to use, super basic program that takes care of all your needs. I love dash board. Anyone with basic common sense could work this program. Integrates nicely with other software's such as resident check and bluemoon.

Cons

I've used this software with different management companies and you can pick and choose which functions you want, nothing really negative on Yardi itself but not all companies use the same functions and not being able to use all of them can make the software a little more tricky at times.

Vanessa from Chartwell

There is nothing better to simplify your work than yardi

Pros

I love that our yardi rep can customize the features we need and tailor the program to the things we do most often. I appreciate the addition of the search bar and favorites to make navigating a breeze.
Yardis functionality is ideal because it can integrate with so many other systems.

Cons

I would prefer if yardi didn't time out as often as it does but I understand that is a security feature to protect the sensitive information we are working with.

I've used Yardi for years for property management and accounting. It's the best product out there.

This software made my company's processes much more streamlined and effective. It created a team functionality allowing more people to work together than before.

Pros

I like that the software can be customized to your needs. There are several options for add ons that you can choose to use or not. There's also a ton of training from full conferences to webinars.

Cons

When usage is high, the system can run slowly. This generally happens around the first and last days of the month.

Yard is very helpful, and typically easy to use and navigate.

Pros

I use yardi everyday for resident records, and I like the amount of information that can be easily imported and edited and the memo finction is very useful.

Cons

Yardi can be a slow, especially while running reports. It is not always user friendly when Simone is waiting for you to pull up information. Seems to loose saved information, I also wish it would help prevent duplicate entries for prospects by pulling from a variety of fields.

Dionna from 1201 Canal Condominiums

Yardi Voyager

My overall experience with Yardi has been great.

Pros

I love that Yardi gives you all-in-one access for residential accounts. Your occupancy, reports and financial information can all be accessed from the same interface. I also love the feature that allows you to look up past payable entries.

Cons

For new users it may take a little time to become familiar with where to find everything but once you et the hang of it, it is awesome.

Jeff from Grubb Properties

Our company standard property management software

I have been doing basic user administration for a couple of years and that process has gotten easier with each upgrade.

Pros

The various modules that cover all parts of our business: commercial, investor relations and multifamily.

Cons

A lot of times we do not see a status bar or any other indicator of the software processing something. Some error messages are vague or very database specific where the average person does not even understand what it means.

Heather from Silver Bay Property Corp

I used Yardi for SFH property mgmt, maintenance, accounting, etc. It was wonderful!

Platform large enough to hold all of the necessary information which could then be formatted to fit our needs.

Pros

The dashboard could be personalized per role and made finding things much easier and quicker. The amount of information to be accessed and the reports made daily tasks that much easier.

Cons

Sometimes the links didn't necessarily make sense in regards to what you were actually looking for and the path to find information was a bit convoluted.

Still a solid product after all these years!

I work as a property manager of a pretty large apartment complex here in Fresno CA. With the fast pace of everything, Yardi keeps up and keeps us organized!

Pros

I think the most consistent thing about Yardi is having everything in one place. It tracks everything for you! No guess work!

Cons

Time consuming set up, sure it as some great pros and great benefits but unless you have the patience to do it yourself get some assistance!

Helene from Banner

We use Yardi in our Property Mgmt and Development Cos. It has various functions and is easy to use.

Ease of use. Variety of functions

Pros

Many options available for use. We do financial management, residential management, construction management and can flow from one to another when needed.

Cons

At times, there are certain processes that do not react the same way in the different areas...for example, if in construction mgmt the screen doesn't automatically go places that it might in financial mgmt.