What are Yardi Voyager users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Yardi Voyager software through verified user reviews

• icon"The front end features for site level is Great easy to use."
  • icon"I love how it is easy to filter between keyed invoices and those that are already in the workflow. It's easy to switch back and force and to code invoices accordingly."
  • icon"I really liked the functionality and ease to learn new task. Self taught, I enjoyed and followed through and got exactly what i needed."
  • icon"It could be confusing when there are pages of invoices in the software to process, which have or have not been processed already."
  • icon"I could get used to the actual work order system but the way it tracks hours is extremely limited. We need an interactive spreadsheet that shows weeks not single days."
  • icon"Additionally, it is a little difficult to train new users on Yardi Voyager; once they get it, they can really take off."

Browse all Yardi Voyager Reviews

• Have you used Yardi Voyager and would like to share your experience with others?

Great All-in-One System

Pros

This system integrates with a lot of different software's so that you can have everything feed into 1 main place.

Cons

Can be challenging at first to use, especially if coming from a different PM database. However, it is built out with a lot of different features that provides a lot of different reports.

Benjamin

Happy We Made The Switch To Yardi Voyager

We are only a few months into being live in Yardi Voyager, but so far the experience has been what we hoped for in making the switch from MRI. We also use the Yardi CRM platform, as well, which allows us to seamlessly switch back and forth if needed. While the difficulty in ensuring permissions across the board are correct for our users, Voyager is doing everything as we had intended at the moment, and we look forward to getting more used to all the bells and whistles we didn't have with MRI Software.

Pros

Voyager isn't flashy, but it offers an easy-to-navigate interface that we loved. We especially love the Community Manager dashboard, which has streamlined our live reporting and ability to easily access availability, resident data, make ready schedules and more! Plus, the amount of reports out of the box is astronomical.

Cons

The "roles" and "permissions" can be tricky to navigate, even with guidance from Yardi. We are going on month two of being live in Yardi Voyager, and are still running into access issues for areas that are essential to our business, though those are easily updated once we know what permission to update.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Voyager

Our contract with MRI was up for renewal, and we'd been looking at switching for awhile. We were excited that Yardi would integrate better with our other vendors and our processes would be more simplified than in MRI.

Benjamin

One of the most challenging parts of my job is managing Yardi.

7s is a much better product than 6, which is a nice surprise. And payscan has worked well so far. In general, it's been a real struggle. It's just been really hard making Yardi work for my company. Occasionally, I come across a person who is great and knowledgeable, like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I try to reengage him or her but it's not always possible to get the same person to help. And sometimes you get one of the support team who is not very good and things can take a long time to get sorted out.....

Pros

It has a robust set of features and has many modules such as rentcafe that are native (hope I'm using that term properly) to the environment- meaning no need to integrate with third party software providers. Tech support is usually quick to respond.

Cons

You really need your own Yardi tech department to get the most out of it. If you don't it becomes critical to work with a Yardi consulting firm in order to customize the software to your business or implement new features. For some reason roommates are treated differently than "primary" lesees by the system. It's infuriating that residents are handled differently just because one was entered into the system first and is considered to be the "primary" resident, even when both folks are on the lease. Moving roommates in and out of the system is a nightmare for accounting. Customizing the leasing process and documents was so difficult and time consuming I had to fire Yardi from the job and engage an outside consulting firm. Yardi refunded my support hours upon request, so that part was good. The workflow is not set up to work in places like Boston or New York. The concept of a broker is foreign to Yardi folks. If you own or manage a single large property or community where all leasing is done in -house then no problem. If you own many properties in urban areas and rely on outside brokers to rent apartments choose a different software platform. Yardi support techs can be infuriating and there is no single person or team that is responsible for my account. I have team leaders for Voyager, Payscan, RentCafe, Lease Docs etc. but no single person is really "driving the train." I've been waiting 3 months or more for the correct version of my annual invoice.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Voyager

Wasn't confident that either Appfolio or Buildium would be better and really wanted to automate our a/p so payscan was the easiest and fastest way to go.

Taylor

Great for Property Management

Pros

This software can do everything we need in the property development and management world

Cons

They are great but not the easiest customer service team to hear back from

Jesse

Powerful property management software

Overall, my experience with Yardi Voyager has been positive.

Pros

Yardi Voyager is an end-to-end solution for property management. From the end-user apartment application process to utilizing the inventory module, Yardi Voyager provides a solution for managing units and tenants that is so much better than previous software we've used.

Cons

Portions of Yardi are considered "more important", so their developers focus on upgrading certain features, while letting other useful objects deprecate.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Voyager

StarRez rents"beds" rather than units. It wouldn't have been a good fit.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Voyager

Former software was custom made back in the late 80s and was never modernized. Any updates/fixes cost a lot of money. Hardware was on-site and couldn't be properly backed up. Yardi Voyager is an SaaS solution and they take care of updating and patching free of charge.

Brittany

Best Platform

I would recommend Yardi over the other platforms.

Pros

I like the reports and how easy it is to find exactly what you are looking for. it is very easy to process POs especially now that vendors can upload invoices directly into Yardi for processing.

Cons

some of the reports take a very long time to pull the information.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Voyager

I like that it interacts well with other platforms like VendorShield and CRM

Melissa

Good Software

I love the software it is a little more costly which newer investors do not like, however Yardi when used on site operations communities run smoother.

Pros

The front end features for site level is Great easy to use.

Cons

Account end is not work follow easy. They do not a have a good drill down.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Voyager

Because the system was not a good system at all so when the pricing went up it was a easy call.

Eric

Yardi Voyager for a Commercial Real-Estate Company

Voyager is a great tool and we would choose it again!

Pros

Once set up, Yardi does a great job automating the management of our properties. We have also been able to use automated receipts and payments to allow us to process transactions wherever we are. Yardi has been built around real estate and that is evident! Customer service has also been excellent. Support reps are dedicated to helping resolve issues and follow up is great.

Cons

Set up is a bit complex and choppy. Support is available and helpful, but there is not a lot of written documentation to rely on. The structure of the system and how it works is not very intuitive and you need help to get most things done. We are a Mac shop and have had significant difficulties getting set up. However, we got there and are doing great!

Lena

Yardi Review

I have enjoyed working with Yardi and learning something new about its functionality every day. It's easy to use and there are always enhancements coming out to make report running and daily use easier.

Pros

Yardi makes it very simple to review all properties we have in the company. We are able to review tenant ledgers, run reports, reconcile accounts, add/delete properties, run trial balances and other report from Yardi Voyager.

Cons

The company I work for has a lot of properties and sometimes Yardi can run a bit slow when many people/departments are utilizing it especially around month end close.

Susan

Yardi voyager

Over all i think that yardi is great. I love that it is so customizable.

Pros

I like the ability to automate tasks, reports and letters.

Cons

I would like to be able to do multiple violation letters for the same violation at one time. They changed this recently. I would also like to be able to go from one owner to the next by clicking an arrow. Lastly, i would like to see the account balance on the main owner screen.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Voyager

The company needed the right software to support their growth of the company.

Yard Voyager: A Must See Product

If you're shopping for property management software, then, even if you're a small firm now, Yardi should be on your consideration list. You are planning to grow, right? It will be a selling point if you prospective clients that you use Yardi.

Pros

During my 35 years in commercial and multi-family residential real estate, I have literally watched the real estate management software industry grow up. I have used most of the best property management software companies' products at one time or another. Yardi has been an industry front runner virtually since its release. If you run a large management company with institutional clients, then chances are you already know all about Yardi, because many institutional owners require that their managers use Yardi. If you aspire to manage institutionally-owned ("investment grade") properties one day, then you should take a hard look at Yardi. It is highly competitive cost and feature-wise with its very best competitors. Call Yardi and ask for a demo. At the very least, you will get a taste of what top-of-the-line property management software looks like. I have recommended Yardi software to my property management clients on many occasions. In all fairness, one size does not fit all in the property management industry, and I have recommended one of Yardi's competitors instead more than once.

Cons

What I like least about Yardi also applies to its best competitors. That is, there is a lot of front-end setup required to use its most valuable features. And there is a steep learning curve to be overcome in its use. Intense training of your controller/accountant(s) may be required, and additional training of property managers. As a general rule, you should expect Yardi's implementation cost to equal or surpass its purchase cost. This goes double if you plan to host Yardi on a proprietary server at your company. Again, my comments here apply to Yardi's best competitors as well. The best property management software is powerful, feature rich, highly customizable, and, when properly implemented, speaks well of your company's professionalism in many respects.

A valuable tool to manage all of your rental properties all in one place. Great for many units.

Against all other rental property softwares, this is the most diverse. You can literally use it from everything to commercial, residential and hospice type environments. It is also really great because most people that have worked in the rental property industry are familiar with the program which makes training new hires a lot easier.

Pros

This is a great way to manage every part of your rental property aspects all in one place. Yardi Voyager is extremely helpful in implementing payments to accounts and many more features. There is a reason that Yardi is one of the most popular rental software tools out there. They make handling everything simple and easy. Yardi Voyager specifically is good against multi platform rentals. It's like the big boy of rental tools. Once you have it all configured you'll never use anything else. It will help you with quotes on your new move ins, your lease expirations, your work orders for your maintenance people, it will also help with your occupancy, your vacancy and your foot traffic in your property. There are a lot of reports that you can generate to gauge how you are doing financially in the business as well. Yardi Voyager is an extremely useful tool.

Cons

The only con that I have about the program is that some of the functions that are incredibly useful, can be a bit difficult to configure and set up. Luckily though, any time I've struggled all I've had to do was contact customer support and they literally were able to help me step by step. Very very useful.

Samantha

Best Property Management Software Available. Period.

Yardi Voyager is the most professional and functional property management software available. Although a little pricey, your business will thank you for it by running so much smoother.

Pros

Yardi has the most functions out of any property management software on the market. You can easily see your day/week/month on the home screen and know how many appointments your office has. You can easily see what amenities each unit has individually, which helps when tracking market price increases and quickly being able to justify them to tenants/higher ups. You are able to run any type of report you can dream of; Yardi Voyager has you covered.

Cons

Yardi is not able to be used if the internet is down. This is inconvenient if you have an unreliable internet connection. Also, the Yardi server is often down and it is hard to get ahold of customer service. So, it feels like when your internet is working just fine, Yardi's server isn't. And vice versa. Additionally, it is a little difficult to train new users on Yardi Voyager; once they get it, they can really take off! But, in that beginner start up, there are often a lot of errors made and you can't delete duplicate guest cards and such.

Jeremy

Our go-to apartment management software

Yardi has SO MUCH functionality, a lot of which I will not even be able to scratch the surface of. I use this on a daily basis and can easily navigate to where I need to go. Customer service is fantastic and resolves problems very quickly. The UI is starting to feel dates and I feel like a lot of the tabs, and ways to search in the software can be condensed down to be less intimidating to new users.

Pros

Fairly easy to navigate, lots of different ways to get to where you need to go. Plenty of additional integration with other software (RealPage, Knock, BlueMoon, RentCafe) That will automatically pull information for guest cards, and resident profile. Seemingly infinite customization for different use cases so that you can tailor and tweak your Yardi experience to be exactly what you need.

Cons

Inability to delete guest cards that are duplicates or errors. Not being able to delete roommates in guest cards/resident profiles if they are their because of an error. Sometimes takes a really long time to pull pricing from an outside source like YieldStar

A little dated but it does the job

Most people in the industry use Yardi, which makes it great when speaking to other managers in my city. I had a hard time understanding how to get tasks done when I first started using it, but now I'm fluent and it makes sense.

Pros

Yardi has a ton of functions. You feel like they've thought of everything that you may need. It's very diverse regarding its features.

Cons

Learning how to use the program to its fullest takes a lot of time and effort. It also seems like you go through a lot of clicking or steps to get where you need to be in comparison to other programs I've used.

Buildium

I changed companies.

Matthew

Solid Property Management Accounting

Pros

The accounting functionality is solid on Yardi Voyager and gives you a range of options ensuring that simple HOA/Condo financial statements can be completed with ease but also having more detailed setting for clients that require it. The system is completely customizable so that almost any company's business practices can be reflected in the workflow patterns, menu-sets and reporting.

Cons

Some of the new websites and software that are designed for client access to records are pushing the boundaries of what traditional software providers (such as Yardi) currently have on offer. Yardi are in the process of updating to try and match the new offerings that are available though - although the enhanced features are sometimes within whole new modules and options (such as Concierge) which are additional costs on top of the base Voyager package.

Breanne

Accounting and Property Management

I used Yardi for accounting, lease information, building information, tracking COI's, running budget reports and many other things. Overall it is an amazing product that can help a business consolidate their PM tools all in one.

Pros

The biggest pro for Yardi Voyager is the ability to track multiple properties in one system, this includes COI tracking, AR, collections, lease terms. The other wonderful tool is the ability to keep all the property information in one place (i.e. building size, type, year etc...)

Cons

This program can be difficult when it comes to first time users. You spend quite a bit of time training. Also, there are usual multiple ways to accomplish the same goal (i.e. posting rents on tenant's ledgers) so it can be confusing when beginning the program and trying to understand what buttons so to what and which one you should us for a process.

Erik

Making Property Management Manageable

It's been fairly simple to use. I wish it would be just a little more intuitive, but the Yardi Helpful Tools and instructions makes life easier if I have questions. Yardi Support is also amazing and answer almost all my questions perfectly.

Pros

Would I be able to run my apartment/townhome communities without Yardi Voyager? Maybe. Would I like to try? Definitely not. It is a life saver organizer and allows me to stay on top of everything that needs to be accomplished for me and my team. From leads, to financials, to reporting and more Yardi Voyager is my go to software.

Cons

Why can I not run certain reports on Google Chrome?! Biggest frustration and makes me go to Internet Explorer to run some reports, and I wish they made the search function a little more user friendly

Marianne

Yardi Voyager Property Management Software

Property management tracking of over 100 residential properties including work orders, rent processing, invoices, leases, property management agreements.

Pros

Diverse, functional, largely used throughout the property management industry, covers commercial and residential equally, fantastic accounting functionality.

Cons

Time consuming set up, steep learning curve if not familiar and/or experienced with the software, not able to be used offline.

A solid, functional tool

Pros

I appreciate the ease in which you can run reports through Yardi and how quickly and dependably the software uploads invoices. It has pretty reliable support features and allows me to do lease administration easily.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there isn't a quick way to compare invoices as you are coding unlike other programs that I've used. This can make it challenging to easily open other invoices and see missing recurring payments and ways that similar invoices are coded. It also is frustrating how the pathways and names to different functionalities within the program are different for different users. This can make collaboration confusing when it isn't universally the same for all users.

June 2015

Yardi Genesis is a great product with the backing of a great company

Pros

The service with Yardi is phenomenal. Even with their unsupported or out-dated products they give full and helpful support and are generally great polite people to work with. Their product is great and easy to use, with reports in multiple formats without the need for conversions. This has helped our organization out with our Tax Credit Syndicators as some prefer PDF reports and others Excel. Thus making the ability to do this a great asset to the company.

Cons

The only thing I caution people on is making sure the databases are set up correctly. If you don't configure it right the first time it is sometimes harder to go back and change things (number of properties needed, etc.) then set it up right the first time. Not a major issue though, more like a minor annoyance.

Diego

The bar for cloud-based Commercial Property accounting software

Overall Yardi Voyager is a great product, super robust with tons of features. It's an all-in-one total accounting software. You can do full charge bookkeeping with it, all with the features you'd expect from a property management software. I have been using Yardi Voyager for 5 years and have found it quite easy to use and learn, although I'm constantly finding out new things about it. For a small company or landlord, this is not the product for you, but for larger or institutional type real estate companies, this is basically the gold standard.

Pros

- Robust functionality - Cloud based - Great technical support - User-friendly - Constant updates - Drill-down capabilities

Cons

- Not accessible when offline - Redundant menu options - Custom reporting can have hangups - Exporting certain reports can be troublesome

Yardi Voyager Real Estate Software

Pros

Yardi Voyager is very customizable and robust in it's core financial platform. This software combines operational software (property management) with accounting back end software for AR, AP, GL, and core Financial reporting in one tool. There are also tons of add-on modules for many industries allowing for a single stack system (Investment Management, Construction, Facilities Management​, Legal process tracking, insurance tracking...)

Cons

The learning curve for administering the system is more than​ some comparable systems, you will most likely need a consultant to support and train you. Custom reports will require a developer.

Powerful Software, Needs Optimization

Generally Yardi is great software, it is powerful and allows the user to complete a lot of tasks that other competitor software suites do not.

Pros

Yardi Voyager is a very powerful option for property management. It is very user-friendly in the sense that you can manipulate lots of data in different ways, it is organized, and can handle high volume.

Cons

The software could definitely use some optimization updates. It is designed for use with IE, and does not typically work well with other browsers. It also tends to be slow, with some tech clean-up it would definitely be more efficient.

Cosme

Yardi Voyager

I love the simplicity that Yardi Voyager offers to maneuver from resident profiles and reporting functions. I would definitly recommend Yardi as the top system for any property manager.

Pros

Easy system allows you to view resident profiles, reports and other functions that make property management simple and easy to maneuver.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot open resident profiles and reports at the same time. I find it also at times when searching or populating a field is becomes blank or inputs previous searched numbers or letters making it frustrating to search rapidly and efficiently.

4.17/5 out of 183 reviews