Yardi Voyager

Yardi Voyager Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The front end features for site level is Great easy to use."
  • icon"I love how it is easy to filter between keyed invoices and those that are already in the workflow. It's easy to switch back and force and to code invoices accordingly."
  • icon"I really liked the functionality and ease to learn new task. Self taught, I enjoyed and followed through and got exactly what i needed."
  • icon"It could be confusing when there are pages of invoices in the software to process, which have or have not been processed already."
  • icon"I could get used to the actual work order system but the way it tracks hours is extremely limited. We need an interactive spreadsheet that shows weeks not single days."
  • icon"Additionally, it is a little difficult to train new users on Yardi Voyager; once they get it, they can really take off."

Have you used Yardi Voyager and would like to share your experience with others?

All Yardi Voyager Reviews

Yardi Voyager

The onboarding was awful. I wanted to cancel the conrqctnhalfway through and we were actually upgrading from an old Yardi platform, not another software. Once getting through that though it is a truly phenomenal product.

Pros

Capabilities are almost limitless. So many options and modules available. It’s expensive but can automate enough workload that administrative staffing can. It really is amazing what it can do.

Cons

The onboarding was brutal. Yardi has no subject matter experts on their teams that actually care understand property management and maintenance and that makes it very difficult to speak the same language. Some of their trainers are great and some are awful. The trainers are not Yardi employees they are independent contractors.

Benjamin

Happy We Made The Switch To Yardi Voyager

We are only a few months into being live in Yardi Voyager, but so far the experience has been what we hoped for in making the switch from MRI. We also use the Yardi CRM platform, as well, which allows us to seamlessly switch back and forth if needed. While the difficulty in ensuring permissions across the board are correct for our users, Voyager is doing everything as we had intended at the moment, and we look forward to getting more used to all the bells and whistles we didn't have with MRI Software.

Pros

Voyager isn't flashy, but it offers an easy-to-navigate interface that we loved. We especially love the Community Manager dashboard, which has streamlined our live reporting and ability to easily access availability, resident data, make ready schedules and more! Plus, the amount of reports out of the box is astronomical.

Cons

The "roles" and "permissions" can be tricky to navigate, even with guidance from Yardi. We are going on month two of being live in Yardi Voyager, and are still running into access issues for areas that are essential to our business, though those are easily updated once we know what permission to update.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Voyager

Our contract with MRI was up for renewal, and we'd been looking at switching for awhile. We were excited that Yardi would integrate better with our other vendors and our processes would be more simplified than in MRI.

Robert

Industry: Facilities Services

You need to step up your game

I don't like it, I don't like it at all. It's clumsy and not user friendly. You should seriously get some design ideas from Building operator, end users.

Pros

Not much. WHy I can do some things on the phone app I can't do on my pc and vise versa is pretty poor design off the hop.

Cons

Where do I begin? Reviewing hours, I should be able to see a spreadsheet of my hours not manually check each day. Why it doesn't automatically sync data is beyond me. Every change I make on the work order or hours has to be manually synced. Why it doesn't automatically sync when I open and or close the app is archaic. I constantly get data retrieval errors, it loses hours I've entered and sorting through work order lists is clumsy and time consuming. My company recently switched to Yardi from Impak and it's been like 10 steps in the wrong direction for work order and hour tracking. I could get used to the actual work order system but the way it tracks hours is extremely limited. We need an interactive spreadsheet that shows weeks not single days.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Voyager

Wasn't my call. Impak was a much better setup. Especially for time entry.

Response from Yardi Systems

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are always striving to improve our products to meet client needs. Recently, we released new product features that have improved syncing and we're confident you will be pleased with the improvements. We encourage you to speak with your project manager for additional details and timing.

Replied October 2020

Tonya

September 2022

You don't know what you don't know - until you know.

Our company has used Yardi Voyager for 5+ years. For a short time, we did venture out to try another product, but it wasn't even a year before we were back to Yardi. All the systems talk and coordinate with billing and it just makes sense to have all products together vs using many different programs for the same goal.

Pros

While the systems are complex, with a little training, you will soon see how straightforward they are. The training program (Aspire) is my current favorite, followed by Senior IQ which is a complete dashboard of clinical, sales, and/or financial key indicators.

Cons

The back-end data is often hard to access because there are so many tables, but Yardi is consistently making improvements to get that data available (such as their product Senior IQ).

Jesse

Powerful property management software

Overall, my experience with Yardi Voyager has been positive.

Pros

Yardi Voyager is an end-to-end solution for property management. From the end-user apartment application process to utilizing the inventory module, Yardi Voyager provides a solution for managing units and tenants that is so much better than previous software we've used.

Cons

Portions of Yardi are considered "more important", so their developers focus on upgrading certain features, while letting other useful objects deprecate.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Voyager

StarRez rents"beds" rather than units. It wouldn't have been a good fit.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Voyager

Former software was custom made back in the late 80s and was never modernized. Any updates/fixes cost a lot of money. Hardware was on-site and couldn't be properly backed up. Yardi Voyager is an SaaS solution and they take care of updating and patching free of charge.

Brittany

Best Platform

I would recommend Yardi over the other platforms.

Pros

I like the reports and how easy it is to find exactly what you are looking for. it is very easy to process POs especially now that vendors can upload invoices directly into Yardi for processing.

Cons

some of the reports take a very long time to pull the information.

Reasons for choosing Yardi Voyager

I like that it interacts well with other platforms like VendorShield and CRM

Bryan

September 2022

It's been an industry leader for so long for good reason

It's our holistic ERP. Thus far it's an industry standard for a reason.

Pros

Accounting and ledger capabilities are fantastic.

Cons

Seems they still run into bugs with features that have been around for ages. User menu's aren't very intuitive. A lot of the support will provide steps to fix a problem without really understanding what the function does or why it has to be done - troublesome when you get into fixes that require several screens and complex process.

Leonardo

September 2022

Yardi, the property management lifesaver

Overall, Yardi makes my life easier at work because I have access to all of my tenants profiles and whenever I need something, I get the information quickly and in an organized manner.

Pros

It organizes entire portfolios and sensitive information from clients on a safe, user-friendly platform.

Cons

There is a lot of loading time and buffering, some times takes long for things to open up when clicking them.

Gina

May 2022

Average but user friendly

I have liked it but it feels dated. Seems there is a lot out their with the latest and greatest

Pros

Tons of reports. Easy to navigate and use

Cons

Seems that there are somethings that don’t work. And it can be hard to get them fixed

A valuable tool to manage all of your rental properties all in one place. Great for many units.

Against all other rental property softwares, this is the most diverse. You can literally use it from everything to commercial, residential and hospice type environments. It is also really great because most people that have worked in the rental property industry are familiar with the program which makes training new hires a lot easier.

Pros

This is a great way to manage every part of your rental property aspects all in one place. Yardi Voyager is extremely helpful in implementing payments to accounts and many more features. There is a reason that Yardi is one of the most popular rental software tools out there. They make handling everything simple and easy. Yardi Voyager specifically is good against multi platform rentals. It's like the big boy of rental tools. Once you have it all configured you'll never use anything else. It will help you with quotes on your new move ins, your lease expirations, your work orders for your maintenance people, it will also help with your occupancy, your vacancy and your foot traffic in your property. There are a lot of reports that you can generate to gauge how you are doing financially in the business as well. Yardi Voyager is an extremely useful tool.

Cons

The only con that I have about the program is that some of the functions that are incredibly useful, can be a bit difficult to configure and set up. Luckily though, any time I've struggled all I've had to do was contact customer support and they literally were able to help me step by step. Very very useful.

A little dated but it does the job

Most people in the industry use Yardi, which makes it great when speaking to other managers in my city. I had a hard time understanding how to get tasks done when I first started using it, but now I'm fluent and it makes sense.

Pros

Yardi has a ton of functions. You feel like they've thought of everything that you may need. It's very diverse regarding its features.

Cons

Learning how to use the program to its fullest takes a lot of time and effort. It also seems like you go through a lot of clicking or steps to get where you need to be in comparison to other programs I've used.

I changed companies.

June 2015

Yardi Genesis is a great product with the backing of a great company

Pros

The service with Yardi is phenomenal. Even with their unsupported or out-dated products they give full and helpful support and are generally great polite people to work with. Their product is great and easy to use, with reports in multiple formats without the need for conversions. This has helped our organization out with our Tax Credit Syndicators as some prefer PDF reports and others Excel. Thus making the ability to do this a great asset to the company.

Cons

The only thing I caution people on is making sure the databases are set up correctly. If you don't configure it right the first time it is sometimes harder to go back and change things (number of properties needed, etc.) then set it up right the first time. Not a major issue though, more like a minor annoyance.

Powerful Software, Needs Optimization

Generally Yardi is great software, it is powerful and allows the user to complete a lot of tasks that other competitor software suites do not.

Pros

Yardi Voyager is a very powerful option for property management. It is very user-friendly in the sense that you can manipulate lots of data in different ways, it is organized, and can handle high volume.

Cons

The software could definitely use some optimization updates. It is designed for use with IE, and does not typically work well with other browsers. It also tends to be slow, with some tech clean-up it would definitely be more efficient.

Malicia

Yardi= Common Sense

Pros

Easy to use, super basic program that takes care of all your needs. I love dash board. Anyone with basic common sense could work this program. Integrates nicely with other software's such as resident check and bluemoon.

Cons

I've used this software with different management companies and you can pick and choose which functions you want, nothing really negative on Yardi itself but not all companies use the same functions and not being able to use all of them can make the software a little more tricky at times.

Elijah

Easy to Use, and very organized.

Acceptional and very easy to maunuver through the user interface.

Pros

This product has made our daily work flow very easy. Its been great reorganing all of your files and using the awesome report function.

Cons

its lags at times but that due to the constance updates to make it a better user experience. They are usually resolved quickly.

Kelly

November 2022

Love it!

Pros

It was super easy to use and there's so many things you can customize to your needs. I have switched softwares due to being at a new job, but I miss Yardi and am trying to get my current company to switch!

Cons

It was hard for me to get a hold of Yardi support when I had a very difficult project to set up in the system. I think we only had one designated representative in the company who could reach out to them for assistance, not sure why. However, they have a ton of training videos and pdfs at your fingertips so that is super helpful. I also wanted to have a way to import a long journal entry into the system. We once again only had one person set up to do that in our company - not sure if that was a setting issue though.