What are Zoho Creator users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Zoho Creator software through verified user reviews

• icon"You can export to Excel and do analytics. Also, the integration with other Zoho apps is, as always, very useful and well designed."
  • icon"Ability for multiple users to edit applications simultaneously. Great community of supporting users."
  • icon"Zoha Creator is very easy to build an app. You can create very good app using this software."
  • icon"It is difficult for starters to make complex applications."
  • icon"Could be dangerous in the wrong hands - ease of use is a double-edged sword."
  • icon"There should be more improvement in it. Except for this problem I don’t have any other problem with Zoho Creator."

Browse all Zoho Creator Reviews

• Have you used Zoho Creator and would like to share your experience with others?

Rose

An Incredible Builder of Mobile Applications

Zoho Creator has always been one of my top softwares because of its incredible capabilities and ease of use when making simple mobile applications.

Pros

With Zoho Creator, I do not need to have the best programming skills to build a mobile app. The process is not difficult at all. Zoho Creator is a great online platform that makes it easy to build simple but excellently-looking mobile applications. I like the ease of use of Zoho Creator.

Cons

Zoho Creator continues to be my favorite builder of mobile applications. The only con I have about it is the slow support team.

Industry: Publishing

Extremely Versatile - Perhaps Too Versatile.

All in all, I would rate my experience as a 9 out of 10. Building basis databases and creating reports is very straightforward and by and large you can do a lot of things with their drag-and-drop interface quite easily. I do admit to not being very impressed with their support, and occasionally we've had issues with server uptime, but their pricing is fair and the tool is powerful. In spite of the shortcomings I have expressed, I still wouldn't hesitate to deploy Zoho again in another enterprise. It continues to drive our daily production schedule with hundreds of projects simultaneously in motion.

Pros

I ran a web development firm for nearly 20 years prior to moving into a different industry, so I knew the power of databases and the importance of them in day to day processes. Moving in to a startup with zero infrastructure, one of my first tasks was to get a production database going. We struggled along for awhile passing Excel spreadsheets back and forth for a few months and quickly outgrew that. I did not want to create a web app from scratch with mySQL. We didn't have the developers, time, or budget to do that. So, I started looking around for a tool that would let me do what I needed to do. Zoho Creator was a perfect match. To be honest, there's not much you can't do with this tool. It will probably handle 90% of what most mid-sized businesses need. It's totally customizable, and their Deluge programming language lets you do special things that most basic web-based drag-and-drop solutions wouldn't be able to handle. To be honest, Zoho is almost too powerful. It fits our needs and we've barely scratched the surface of its abilities.

Cons

The documentation for Zoho Creator is fair, but if you can't get your questions answered through their knowledge base, finding an expert isn't easy. Their support email is not too helpful. And while they do have a database of experienced Deluge developers that you can call on, it seems a little cumbersome to have to bring in a third party. Also, there are a couple of different versions of Zoho Creator currently in deployment. So, depending on which version your account is on, the documentation might differ - the features certainly do differ. It's a very very powerful product, but because it is a closed-source, proprietary solution, you're somewhat at the mercy of Zoho to get answers to your programming questions.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Creator

Price and features.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Creator

Outgrew a basic spreadsheet very quickly. Needed a more robust solution that allowed simultaneous access from multiple users.

Phill

Industry: Food Production

Security flaw within Zoho Creator

Pros

I've been using this app for a couple of years and a lot of my business is based around it. I would usually rave about how good it is

Cons

I have a data security issue with the app. The product claims that your user data is protected, but there is a flaw with the way the dropdown menu data is shared. Lets say you enter some data in one sheet, and want to use this data in another sheet via a dropdown menu. Not only is your data shown, but so is everyone else. This cannot be fixed by profiles / roles / filters etc. I am on the unlimited users plan and this is a serious flaw in the system for me. I have been unable to further develop my app for a month or so and take it to the next level for my business. I have communicated this with Zoho and they have acknowledged the issue and told me a developer can fix the problem. I have paid one of their certified developers to fix this for me - but he just took my money and hasn't been in touch for a month or so. I have made a formal complaint to Zoho about him, but he is still listed on their website as a certified and recommended developer. I have asked numerous times for help and have got no where. I am now just being passed from one unknown support person to the next. I am absolutely fed up. It seems that this issue could be solved in an hour or so, but I have now probably spent over 12 hours of my own time on it and still don't have a solution.

Fernando

Well done, but not are all

Pros

the inteface, its not very clear for all

Cons

everything about conection, doesnt conect very well

Zach

Industry: Music

Happy User

Tracking billing, services, expenses, and clients in one place has made zoho my one stop shop. Great customer service whenever I need it.

Pros

It is what you put into it. I'm happy with mobile access through the web and endless customization abilities.

Cons

Some time so many customizable options can be overwhelming. It's clean, but if you aren't in it regularly and they make a big backend design change... you may get lost really easy.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Creator

I needed something more like a simple relational database. I didn't really feel like what I needed from a product was customizable in other strictly CRM products.

Natalie

Just what we needed!!

A cost-effective way of designing your own CRM, great for non-profits who need to store specific information relating to their service users.

Pros

We had been looking for a CRM to meet out needs for a long time, trial and many errors left us frustrated and with limited funds, we didn't have the money to have one designed for us. We then met Zoho Creator...WOW! we were able to make our own customised CRM that is exactly how we want it, using forms and subforums. Affordable subscription, ability to make any changes to the layout and always the option to upgrade or add moe users.

Cons

It took us a while to get to grips with the layouts and moving around fields but once we checked the tutorials we were well away.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Creator

We were introduced to Zoho creator through Zoho CRM as that was unable to meet our needs.

Christian

Industry: Veterinary

A Helpful Tool for Short Reports & Info Sharing

In general the app is a quick and easy way to submit and share data reports - especially for companies with remote employees who need to share customer and sales data in a timely fashion.

Pros

I like that the Zoho Creator is pretty flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of any company. For us, we use this app to allow remote employees working events in retail locations to submit customer and sales data in real time through the app.

Cons

The app could use a bit more of a cosmetic face lift as right now it is somewhat bland. The app is simple enough to use but can be more engaging for the user if the layout is improved.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Creator

To allow instant submission of data from a smartphone.

Colin

Zoho Creator - Rapid App Development

Mostly this has been used for prototyping and proof of concept for larger projects that end up being developed on other platforms. It's great value for what you get. If you are using other elements of the Zoho suite there are good integrations and Creator would be great for adding functionality for the likes of first-line workers in the organisation.

Pros

Zoho Creator is an application development tool sold as a stand-alone SaaS product or as part of the Zoho One Suite. Zoho Creator is a quick way to create applications without writing code. You can create forms, reports, pages and workflows largely through a drag-and-drop interface. There is a custom scripting language available for more complex requirements, but most users will be sticking to the no-code features. This is a good solution for collecting data on web forms and presenting it in meaningful reports. Completed apps can be embedded on websites or made available to users within or external to the organisation. Apps created are responsive and designed to display well on desktop, tablet or smartphone. Typical use cases are collecting data for surveys, tests and managing assets. With a bit of practice, you can create functional apps with triggers for email notifications and the like. Zoho Creator can be a good tool for agile teams to use for proof of concept for larger projects that may be developed further on other platforms.

Cons

Could be dangerous in the wrong hands - ease of use is a double-edged sword. You'll still want to retain control of these kinds of tools; it's easy for enthusiastic amateurs to get carried away!

Colin

Powerful App Builder for Non-Programmers

We have used Zoho Creator for both internal and public facing apps. It is probably the quickest way to get data collection forms on a web page. Power users can make use of Zoho Creator for simple data collection and reporting apps that need more than a spreadsheet but don't warrant the involvement of the development team. Great value, especially when included as part of the Zoho One bundle. Good solution for the right business applications.

Pros

While there is a bit of a learning curve, Zoho Creator can be used by non-programmers to create quite sophisticated applications using a drag and drop form builder and report builder. There is also a scripting language for more sophisticated requirements, but many simple apps can be created with no coding at all. Customer support is generally good and responsive. If you are already familiar with other Zoho products (CRM, Survey, Forms etc.) you should be able to get productive right away.

Cons

Can be tricky to brand exactly as you might like; lots of settings and interface isn't as intuitive as it could be. You'll likely want some oversight from the development team for anything that will be public facing, but that would be the case for any app in the wild.

Arpit

Industry: Utilities

We created a custom CRM using ZOHO CREATOR

If i could give this app 11 stars, i would. It really is one of the best CRM custom creators I have come accross.

Pros

We enlisted the help of a zoho developer to help us create a custom CRM for our commercial energy brokerage. The cloud-based app along with an android app along with speed of access makes this application the go-to app for our CRM needs.

Cons

It is written using a coding language called Deluge. It is not simple and as such i would advise enlisting the help of a zoho coding expert. Zoho have a list of developers who can help.

Good for administrative apps

Overall I found that is quite easy to build a stable, clean and powerful app in Zoho creator, it's a big deal to be able to write my own code and customize the form definition as well.

Pros

I found Zoho creator easy to use and developer friendly as well. They made things quite simple, for every app the users will need to input data (forms) and view that data (reports), to create both is really easy and the new editor lets you create custom HTML pages so extend your app to any possible layout. I like to be able to write code for the app, Deluge does quite good. The syntax is quite easy to understand and the error hints are most of the times really accurate. Is good to be able to communicate between forms and apps, making Zoho creator apps quite versatile. I also use Schedules often to collect trash, organize records or upgrade records based on a time variable; the reports can go from barebones to complex pivot charts, is useful that you can see underlying data clicking on each segment of the chart.

Cons

I have had some issues with the introduction of the new editor, I like the Old editor to code and the New editor to create custom pages (you are forced to do so), it's often confusing to remember that you have to switch in order to perform one task or the other. Another issue I have had to cope with several times is the lack of a time-only field, not date-time. I had to use workarounds when I needed the user to input time. Same with try-catch functionalities or being able to edit the fields labels dynamically. Is also strange that most of the answers in the forum are only visible for the user that asked the question, making it almost useless for users trying to troubleshoot an error. The charts might take a while to load if the report has a big volume of data.

Zoho Creator is an easy way to create data collection forms on the fly

Zoho Creator is a quick way to create a web form for user submissions, for anything from an internal survey, to a work-related data collection form, or a web site submission form from customers.

Pros

A user can get up and running with Zoho Creator within about ten minutes. It is very intuitive and requires very little set-up. Any time I need to collect data, Zoho is my go-to app for form creation, and it is easy to distribute the forms securely using a link, a password, or to embed it in another site. Zoho has great customizable workflows if you are able to handle minimal programming.

Cons

The user interface is very basic and could probably use an update to modernize a bit. It would also be nice if the front-end interface could be more highly customized. I use Zoho Creator mostly to create forms that I'm sending to people who don't require something super pretty with lots of graphic design. If i needed a visually compelling form, Zoho would not be my choice because it isn't rich in those features.

With Zoho Creator Seriously Anything Is Possible

Awesome, I love Zoho Creator. We use it for many different parts of our business to complement what we accomplish with Zoho CRM. It can house a ton of data and the UI is nice and easy to navigate. Forms from Creator can easily be integrated with other Zoho apps to make Zoho Creator even more powerful!

Pros

If you can think up an app, or a business workflow, or a business data scenario, or seriously anything, Zoho Creator can handle it. They have pre-built apps which can be modified to suit your business app needs, or you can build apps from scratch. Basic apps with basic workflow or notifications can be set up in minutes. Creator integrates nicely with other Zoho apps (for Zoho One users) like Zoho CRM and Zoho Books.

Cons

The scripting language Zoho Creator uses is called DELUGE. It is the powerful engine behind what seriously makes anything possible with Zoho Creator. For most users that have no coding background it this can provide limits as DELGUGE can be difficult to learn.

Best Database software for beginners

Easy to use and great value for money for a small business. The companion iPhone app is also excellent and you can easily enter data from the app. The iPad app is perfect as a POS (Point of Sale) companion.

Pros

The things I like about this software are - 1. It is best for beginners who don't have much knowledge of building complex databases 2. It has a superb way of building databases from the excel sheets. I used to use excel sheets before and when I switched to Zoho, it turned my excel sheets into forms and tables with data in no time at all 3. The types of variables are very good. Every variable a small business owner would need is there. And it automatically selected the best variable type from my excel sheet. 4. The reports are also there easily and are very customisable. 5. There is an excellent knowledgebase also for support

Cons

The UI could be better. It still feels clunky like a 90s software. Does not take away from the ease of use and functionality, but this is not the software I look forward to using. The colours and general design could be better.

Debra

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great product at a great price

I use this relational database to manage over 600 architectural licenses and association memberships. One database contains all of the licenses for 100 architects for all fifty states plus several Canadian provinces. The other database contains the continuing education (CE)requirements for each jurisdiction. The reports and query modules are used to alert me to expiration dates and how many CE credits that licensee needs before renewing. States and provinces may impose heavy penalties if the licensee does not have the required credits, or renews late.

Pros

Flexibility: I can add and modify fields and drop lists, create and modify reports and queries, perform bulk edits.

Cons

While backing up the data, it does not tell me when it's done. Sometimes it's done but the status is still "backing up." Usually refreshing the page helps.

Irv

Industry: Facilities Services

Build applications quickly and instantly improve your team!

The applications I have built and also help create have been essential in reorganizing our management team, allowing everyone to track issues and leads in a centralized location, removing the reliance of email trails and phone calls. Without this software, our processes would be completely differently and likely lacking in structure and reliability. It is important to understand that this software is primarily learned on the go, though it is user friendly for non-programmers. There are several missing scripting functionalities I found were not available at this time or the coming future. My biggest issue was the field number limit which caused issues when creating surveys with multiple drop down options.

Pros

Easy to learn and allows free flow scripting for advanced users Perfect for building your own web based applications Ability for multiple users to edit applications simultaneously Great community of supporting users

Cons

Maximum field # for forms is 70, anything else will break the app Very slow load time for multiple "on user input" field actions Poor internal support (several outstanding tickets without a response 1 week plus) Deluge script is only used for Zoho to my knowledge

Great software. If you need customization, you need to try it.

Was less costly than our previous software solution with more customization as long as we were willing and able to learn how to use Zoho to its full potential.

Pros

The software is easy to pick up and build simple applications or customize pre-made application to suit your needs. But also you can build some complex applications, don't be fooled. We use the software daily in a large corporate environment for various tasks such as a sales lead contact directory by modifying a pre-made application and also we built a ground-up application for a service ticketing system/workflow management.

Cons

What could use improving is the documentation for the more complex functions when building an application. There is lots of help, but sometimes for the more complex tasks I am doing it may take a few days to find what I need. But I will say that there is much more documentation and also help videos than in the past.

Debra

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to learn, immediate results, excellent support, flexible.

I use this software to manage over 400 architecture licenses. It is also used to keep track of the continuing education (CE) units required by each jurisdiction. These two databases are relational in nature. The reporting tools I use alert me to which licenses are up for renewal and how many CE units are needed in order to renew. Very valuable tool since a lapsed license will put the firm at legal risk.

Pros

Flexibility and it is easy to get up and running without a lot of effort. Good import/export tools and great reporting functions

Cons

The fact that the results columns from a basic search are not editable. Also, the "view" results when you click on a record has limited fields. Must view the whole record using the "edit" feature instead.

Jessica

Cost-effective App Builder

Fantastic experience with Zoho Creator. Easy to use and cost-effective.

Pros

Zoho Creator is an effective tool for building applications for your business. We like using it because we do not have to be experienced in programming and other sophisticated tools to start using it for building apps. The apps we always build with Zoho Creator are great and they boost our daily operations.

Cons

Unreliable customer care support team. No other valid reason to complain about Zoho Creator because it has been good to our team.

Johannes

Industry: Facilities Services

Great value for the money for the do it yourselfer

Pros

Zoho creator is easy to use and learn! Creating a basic application can be done in as little as a few minutes and it as the developer gain greater knowledge, there are able to build a powerful application with automation and workflows. There are even pre-made applications that you can adjust to tailor to you specific business needs.

Cons

The customer support isn't as great as I would like but it's hard to complain for the money. Also, sometimes if your application is gets too complex, I've experienced some lag.

Kartheeban

Simply the best in the market. You can build 90% of all internal apps using Zoho Creator

We were able to scale quickly because of Zoho Creator.

Pros

1. Simple drag and drop feature. 2. Less code. If you are a first timer, You can build an app just by exploring the platform for 15 mins 3. Takes less than 10 mins to build an app. 4. Complex apps too can be built on this platform. 5. Very user-friendly

Cons

1. I do not see much fault with this. 2. When requirements get tricky, you need a person who is good at logical thinking and problem solving to handle those requirements.

Jeremy

Zoho creator the best bang for the buck application database

Pros

This was the best replacement we founds for SharePoint Access Applications. With this quick web interface for collecting and entering data you can be up and running quickly with a basic knowledge of excel

Cons

The user security leaves a lot to be desired. You can control who has access to each application however you can not control access to the specific lookups and data entry form in an application

Pratik

Truly an Operating System for Business

My overall experience of working on logo to develop application was excellent. I have no plans of switching to another technology/platform.

Pros

As the zoho tagline said, Operating system for business. It is truly an amazing platform to run your business with ease. Being able to solve the clients business problems and helping them build an app with zoho platform is really an amazing experience.

Cons

If you are not a programmer then you need to hire a certified developer. That's all it takes and you are on you way to successful business app.

Zoho Creator is a Winner in Running Applications

Pros

This software is a winner with what it has to offer. I like the fact that it can check and monitor if there are bugs in the system. We work from our desktops, tablets and phones, and this software is able to run applications without giving me any headaches. I love the graphics and I know that are gadgets are always protected and secured.

Cons

The customer support department is quite inept when it comes to issues and concerns. They need to train their staff to be quick to resolve issues so we don’t have to wait that long.

randall

Zoho Creator

Great piece of softwar overall,,, for any competent software user.

Pros

Flexibility and Customization capabilities, to define it's parameters, to match your Business Processes, customer tracking and Scheduling Flow of your business

Cons

needs more ease of use, help, dialogue to specific tasks necessary to program correctly it's "rules" of useage

4.29/5 out of 123 reviews