Browse actiTIME Reviews

Salvatore from Codeway SA

Is the best Tracking software used

Excellent product to manage different Users time-tracking, for montly working hours is perfect.

Pros

In my consultancy experience i have used different time-traking software to manage commissions and montly working hours, but actiTime is the best software used now.

Cons

The price is not competitive, exist othe time-tracking sofware with less price, but also less features.

Reasons for Switching to actiTIME

Because the time-tracking with excel is obsolete, complex and error-prone

Eric from CTS Corporation

Review of actiTIME after 1 year of use

We needed a way to track hours spent on Engineering vs. hours spent on Operations support. we set this up easily and now just run a monthly report.

Pros

1. Easy to Administrate 2. Easy to use 3. Good Training features 4. Thorough selection of report types

Cons

Would like to be able to customize reports and then make the report set-up available to other users.

Reasons for Choosing actiTIME

Better fit to our project types and hours accounting approach.

June 2016

stephan from architectoffice gustin

Industry: Architecture & Planning

June 2016

Simple and solid

Great, simple and solid. just what we need to get at solid grip of our work and projects. all new employee can use it instantly.

Pros

god prise and new features comming up

Cons

miss a connection to a simple planning tool.

Jane from KF Accounting Services

Great for detailed time tracking

We've been using Actitime within our practice for approx 4 years now. During that time the development of the app has definitely made things easier. It allows a good level of detail through the tracking a client, product and task level. It is starting to feel a little clunky and dated compared to newer products, in particular when creating a report or a new task. We've trialed newer products recently but decided to remain with Actitime. However as we are getting more and more of our practice into cloud based apps I think we'll eventually be looking for a more integrated solution. Although Actitime integrates with QuickBooks it does not currently integrate with Xero.

Pros

Good amount of detail in both tracking and reporting. App makes tracking easier. Simple to use.

Cons

Not very integrated with other practice software. User interface starting to feel a little dated and clunky compared to others.

Tyler from Embotics Corporation

Simple Time tracking tools

We use this to capture the amount of time spent on individual projects for the purposes of tax credits. I have never encountered an issue with it, but it is not the most full featured product.

Pros

This tool makes it quick and easy to enter in time used on various tasks. It allows you put in notes and other details about the tasks when looking back on it.

Cons

I would love for this to have a notification feature, to alert you that your time entering is out of date. Or a better way to view discrepancies in your personal data.

Response from Actimind

Replied August 2019

Hi Tyler, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy that actiTIME helps you to receive tax credits for your work and that you find it easy to use. Regarding the email notifications, they are available in the latest version of the product. We have also added quite a few enhancements, such as REST API, detailed personal reports, and a lightweight browser extension for tracking time directly from JIRA, Github or Gitlab. Be sure to check it out with the free trial version available from our website.

Our go to product for project time tracking

Pros

This web application has helped us gain control of hours actually spent on every project we take on, including maintenance of existing products. Great reporting features to pass on to upper management. Good that it nags the users to complete their time when they forget.

Cons

Seems like too many features are added or improved. Whenever I have to go into maintain the setups, user, projects, tasks etc. I have to learn how to do it all over because the features are constantly being updated.

Mayank from OpenEyes Technologies Inc

Good starting point

Pros

Almost everything is acceptable except the project and task management.

Cons

All software have space for improvement. Nothing specific except the pricing.

Roy from Softon Digital

Dependable

We use it to bill and keep track of time and analysis, it´s great for that.

Pros

ActiTime may not be as good looking as other time tracking systems out there, but it sure is reliable and editable enough to be able to adapt it to any organization.

Cons

UX/UI could be more user friendly and reporting needs more modules.

Yochai from Tevel Consulting Services LTD

Actitime saved my life

Pros

A user friendly system which is very simple to operate/ Areal value for money

Cons

Admin cant see reports from the cellular app

Ghislain from Elfiq Networks

Industry: Computer Networking

Great app for my company. Simple to use and always available

Using actiTIME for more than 5 years. Originally on a hosted server, switched 3 years ago to SaaS. Always available and so easy for new employees to use. I highly recommend it!

Katherine from Ryder System

Small review of actitime and its high functions.

Actitime has benefited me too much in the business environment, because I have been able to take the real time of each employee's work and thus provide a fair pay for what was worked.

Pros

I really like actitime because of the beautiful design it has, in my opinion, it is what gives entertainment to the software as such, and also its functions, it is very good to be taking several times at once, doing two tasks at the same time and Take control of both. I hope these valuable features of actitime never change, they are what gives life.

Cons

I do not like that actitime has such high prices, if there is something that pleased much about this software were the low prices it had compared to the excellent services it has, however, after so many updates and implementation of new functions, the price was increasing. I would like prices to go down a bit.

Nivin from Indian Oil Corporation Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

It helps to make time tracking so simple and easy to access.

Pros

We use actiTIME for all the projects we currently have. We have few check points and we use actiTIME to analyse how effective we were by taking time reports and comparing it with what results we have so far. The dashboard contains every thing that needed to control time tracking of the whole organization. We set separate tracking for each sub groups to compare them with others.

Cons

I can see lot of button s here and there on the dashboard which I have never used until now. The user interface is somewhat not good enough to catch someone's attention.

Maykol from Charleys Philly Steaks

It favors the project area, much more than taking time.

I have benefited from the use of actiTIME because I have witnessed how the way of doing projects in my company is changing, has functions that no other platform has and at a certain point, it favors too much the best presentation of projects of my company.

Pros

I like actiTIME because I use it for Business Projects purposes, and I see that this area, the actiTIME platform perfectly dominates, providing the necessary functions to achieve a better established project and with a better reach to the public.

Cons

I do not like that actiTIME has such an ugly interface, although it is very true that it has complete functions that complement the projects, they should incorporate an interface that does not discourage the user and that, on the contrary, encourages it.

Pascal from Hortau

Usefull tool to approve timesheets and track R&D projects

It's an easy tool to use every day to track the time of our R&D team, so we can have a good backup of approved time for grant purposes.

Pros

Very useful tool to track approved timesheets for R&D projects, as we need to justify R&D tax credit claims and grants on a monthly basi, so this tool provide all we need to have a good backup each month.

Cons

This software doesn't have integrated option to manage expenses reports, it could be great to have it in this software, so the tool would be complete.

Sharon from Kellogg Company

Timer Tracking with high limits.

Pros

It is a very complete software, it helps me to know how much time I work or how much time I take doing any action that wants to know my time, besides that it offers me to do some present or future work to develop it, I am very happy with this program.

Cons

What I do not like is that it has very few features that do not help enough I think if you add more options where it improves or facilitates the quality with which we work it would be easier to use and therefore you would have a better performance and it would be fabulous, I would also like them to add more options and also improve a bit the design would be excellent.

Paula from Starbucks

It is very good to carry out projects quickly.

ActiTIME has benefited me to make quick projects in my company. On many occasions it does not give time to do the projects, and actitime serves as a rescue so as not to lose that much-needed task at all times.

Pros

actiTIME is good in the sense that you can perform simple projects, here is not much what is dazzling design or too good functions, but nevertheless, with which it has, serve to make simple and enjoyable projects.

Cons

If I would complain about something, it would be about design, I think that despite having very few functions, they should reward users who use it with a more pleasant design and who do not bore in the long term.

Simple but powerful

Pros

For our organisation, we need a very simple tool that could provide a rough indication for what the time is spend on for the needs of strategical planning and budgeting. Many other softwares are very focused on minute-by-minute reporting which becomes quite cumbersome when that level of accuracy is not needed. ActiTIME, though allowing making a very detailed reports, too, can be ‘stripped down’ to very basic functions that are both very similar to use for the workers reporting their time and for the administrator analysing the reports. It took very short time to learn how to use it and the interface is quite intuitive - no handbooks needed.

Cons

The usability of the app can be further improved. For example, the timer function is hanging around all the time taking the screen space even though we do not use it. A possibility to switch it off would be appreciated.

Carole from Kellogg Company

actiTIME diversifies its use, through projects and time-outs.

The use of actiTIME has benefited me because I have managed to carry out my business projects and at the same time, know what time I am working and what time it takes my employees to work.

Pros

What I like most about actiTIME, is that apart from being a software for taking time, it is useful for carrying out small projects, in this way the active use of actiTIME is varied, its use is much more diversified.

Cons

I have no complaint of actiTIME, it is a software that has never given me problems, it has never given me errors in the time I have been using it, it is fantastic because it works without interruptions.

Ahmad from AXPulse

Amazing software

Pros

Have been using ActiTime since 2013 - first as a on-premises solution and now the cloud version. It is one of the integral part of our service delivery process. Very easy to use and train. You will find all the features required to track, report and bill the project and task hours.

Cons

Better task management workflow will help.

Monica from Montea

actiTIME has multiple functions with activities.

Pros

actiTIME has a multifunction platform, in this way you can carry out projects and at the same time you can make a "Take time" of each task, each activity and each experience. You can perform these two functions more calmly and accurately.

Cons

I would like you to actiTIME renew your design, it is so annoying that they have passed year after year and have not placed a design that is consistent with the time in which we live, a design that really renew each idea and place a more comfortable comfort.

Does what it needs to fo

It’s good at what it does and is very easy to use.

Pros

Easy to enter my time each day. Easy to have a task to track time to and record hours against each task.

Cons

Maybe it is the way the company admin decided to set it up, but I dislike being able to only enter one day at a time. I would prefer to enter my entire week at a time.

Luisana from Poá Parfum

Advances with two functions in a platform.

I have benefited a lot from the use of actiTIME, I have managed to perfect my projects and take time from my employees and colleagues, an excellent advance!

Pros

What I like most about actiTIME are the functions, it really is very beneficial to use two functions at the same moment, like taking a time, and instantly being a project, two things in one platform! it has provided me with excellent functions and has made my projects and time-outs more accurate and efficient, without any complaints!

Angelica from Kellogg Company

The timestamps have a certain benefit in the projects.

The use of actiTIME has made it possible to take the time in my company, and in each of the employees, knowing how long the employee worked, and what extra time corresponds.

Pros

What I like most about actiTIME is the ease of taking time and, at the same time, doing a project on the same platform, it is great to have two such useful functions in one place.

Cons

I do not like that actiTIME has such high prices, clearly this is not such an important factor, but I would like prices to decrease a bit.

actiTIME Review

Over all its a good product for project management

Pros

Good for tracking multiple project at the same time. Good UI experience Reporting is good as you can see the overall time taken to finish a project vs estimated

Cons

There are many features which is not much use full . it make it congested .

Amy from TSW

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Timecard Review

The product is easy to use and versatile. I think it's the best out there but would love to be able to have more flexibility in applying rates to individual employees to make billing easier.

Pros

easy to use.

Cons

i can't seem to apply individual rates to employees so when i run a report i get a cost incurred as well as hours.

Simple, easy-to-use time tracking system

Pros

Actitime is straightforward and easy to use. It has helped our small organization do a better job tracking hours worked and PTO used in real time. Staff members love being able to enter their hours from anywhere using the app. We were looking for software that would make it easy to allocate hours to jobs and would not require staff to clock in/out, and Actitime fit the bill perfectly.

Cons

The price is a bit high, and we would like to be able to pay per user instead of in blocks of five. Reports are easy to set up and use, but the layouts are not very customizable.

Marc from ClairiTech Innovations Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Excellent Software, has resolved alot of internal issues.

Easy and Affordable Time Management software for our business. Reporting is also extremely usefull.

Pros

Fast and easy to Set up, Easy to use, and with the reporting options it makes Monthly and Yearly ends efficient.

Cons

Our only DOwnside is the calculation of Vacation Hours. No Automatic calculations for a % based off of Hours Worked. However With all the features being added, I can see it being added sometime in the feature, Hopefully.

Diego from Systems Projects Services S.R.L.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy Time Tracking

We used the software for about 10 years.

Pros

Ease of use Optimal tasks definition and structure Web based and cloud support

Cons

the product does what he says but to get even more should include more project management and progress tracking options

Ghislain from Elfiq inc.

Industry: Computer Networking

A+++ recommendation for all companies

Pros

Easy to use/setup and learn for all employees. Use this product for years and all history is available and easy to pull for reporting.

Cons

Pricing in US dollars makes it more expensive

Chense from Chevrolet

The organization of projects in actiTIME is very good elaborated.

With actiTIME I have managed to maintain two good functions or factors in my company on foot, the time and projects, all with the excellent quality that actiTIME provides me.

Pros

One of the most innovative functions that actiTIME has, is that of being able to organize a project in a time-consuming software, this function is very feasible since a project can be organized in a different way.

Scott from TLG Aerospace, LLC

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

actiTIME

Pros

The ability to easily set up customers, projects and tasks.

Cons

Initially the reporting was sub optimal. However, there have been improvement lately.

matthew from atrenne computing solutions

time tracker

Pros

actiTIME makes has an interface that's easy to navigate. I like that I can select a project from a list that my manager created and input the project time that I devoted. It's quick and easy.

Cons

I find that I forget to input my time. An automated email reminder could be a nice feature.

Pros

We are a small team of 2 users in the ERP Consulting field. Actitime works great and is super easy to use.

Cons

Wish we could have a single to double user license. The minimum is 5 users over a 1 month period. Rather change the license to have 2 users for a 3 month period at the same price.

Powerful and flexible time tracking

Pros

After reviewing 10 different time tracking solutions, we decided on actiTime. User set up is easy, and entering weekly time is a breeze. Once your timesheet is set you have a single view a week at a time making data entry straight forward. This was key to our organization as we did not want our users to waste time entering their weekly timesheet. Visibility to where time is being spent is excellent. Ability to dump raw data to Excel to then create pivots for analysis is helpful.

Cons

Reporting capabilities could use some enhancements. There are a few graphical reports but would like a bit more flexibility to be able to see different views. While the raw data export meets the need, it's not ideal. This would be an area that could move this product from good to great.

Claire from Claire McKinneyPR LLC

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Solid time tracking software that is easy to use

Pros

It keeps me and my staff organized and anyone can log in from anywhere. The people from Actitime who have been in touch with me have all been very proactive and service oriented.

Cons

It would be helpful if there were a way to let people know if a similar client, job, or task has already been created, so you don't have anything entered more than once. Maybe if there was a feature that made you identify a specific task (like a Phone Meeting), which could then be applied to multiple clients. This can also be remedied by strict protocols in the office, but a fail safe with the software, like Quickbooks has, would be nice.

Vijaya from AFRIMA CONSULTING ENGINEER SDN BHD

Actitime meet our requirement.

Manage and control the man hours efficiently.

Pros

We could manage the time reporting more efficiently. Its user friendly. Reports can be managed by the administrator without any delay. Engineer's could able to submit their time sheet from job site through their mobile. Top management able to view the daily man hours and the occurred cost by projects. The software assist the management to manage and control the cost efficiently.

Cons

Only one thing, for any queries need to wait for the feedback from support team. I always prefer to have face to face communications.

kelly from The Doggie express

Customer service is helpful. we have had some issues; but they help us.

Pros

The customer service has been very good. it makes it easy to keep track of hours. The user interface is ok.

Cons

We would like to have at least folks using the software and another just as administrator. but we cannot figure out how to do it.

August 2016

Carles from Tactic Key Consulting, S.L.

August 2016

Actitime Tactic Experience

With actitime we have in one BBDD all our time control centralized, and we use this software as our invoicing basis for our services to our customers.

Pros

We can use Actitime from any gadget with an internet connection, and that help us in our diary work.

Cons

We would like to control in the same software our employees expenses.

Kelly from Lite Works

Easy to use once you get used to it, has a lot of useful features that I never thought of before.

Easy to track hours, both actual and estimated, easy to compare estimated and actual hours

Pros

Easy to use, i like the report features and that you can track hours for each project. We use reports frequently to compare estimates and actual

Cons

THe mobile app is difficult to use, and most of our employees would prefer to use the app if it worked better.

Its a great tool for tracking time

We need to track hours for government tax credits. This works well.

Pros

Overall its very easy to use. In the past we used EzLabor which was much more complex and our teams had challenges with it.

Cons

Sometimes sorting through tasks and adding or deleting them can be a bit challenging. If you could find a way to make this easier it would be great.

Brian from Quanta Seed LLC

actiTime meets our needs

actiTime simplified my time tracking and invoice generation.

Pros

Invoice generation is easy to use and very useful. Reports generation is full featured and easy to use.

Cons

Requiring the user to manually synchronize data from the phone application is clunky, error prone and unnecessary. Other time trackers I use do not require manual synchronization.

September 2016

SERGIO

September 2016

ActiTime a smart decision

If you can measure it, you can improve it. So everyone in our team understands how time tracking data benefits our company. I enjoy using ActiTime everyday

Pros

Easy Time Tracking, Powerful Reporting, Flexible product configuration

Michelle from Freno Consulting

Perfect for a small law firm or solo practitioner

Pros

It's very easy to use. I like that I have so much flexibility in configuring reports. It's also very easy to set up new projects/tasks etc.

Cons

I wish they had a use-based license for businesses with fewer than 5 employees as the annual fee is very fair for 5 users, but quite steep for only 1.

July 2016

Bassam from BMB Group

July 2016

Professional Time Sheet Software with an easy to use interface!

Professional software with and easy to use interface that encouraged our engineers to fill their time sheet on a daily basis. In addition to that, ActiTime helped us better manage our resources and know their past, present and future activities. Also, ActiTime also helped us to generate reports for our clients showing time our engineers are spending per projects.

Pros

Friendly software with easy to use interface, which facilitates time management and encourages users to fill time details. Also, great reporting capability which enables companies to create reports for clients and management about detail time spent per employee or project.

Cons

Enhance web application to be able to search for clients and not only tasks.

Kath from Nevado Ltd.

Excellent Time-Tracking Software

actiTIME enables us to accurately cost project work and manage our resources more efficiently.

Pros

Easy input for excellent time-tracking, reporting, and accurate cost analysis

Cons

No-one loves filling in timesheets but ActiTIME makes it as straightforward as possible.

Scott from MidShore IT

actiTIME does a superb job of helping me manage tasks and time spent on jobs.

actiTIME allows me to stay on-task and on-budget with every single one of my projects, and allows me to enter time entries for some of my contract jobs quickly and easily as I go, or in a large chunk as I remember them!

Pros

Constantly updated, friendly interface, very intuitive, has cloud hosted and self-hosted options, the time sheet layout and display is really amazing and simple to use, but powerful at the same time!

Cons

Sometimes it can just be too much/overkill, and the pricing is really geared to business with 10 or more employees. There are not even any options for less than 5 users!

Shelby from Avsafe

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Good low cost option

We needed a time-tracking solution that wouldn't break the bank but enable us to track employee time for tasks for each client. And actiTIME seemed a good low cost option to serve this purpose. Now we are able to provide more consistent time reporting for projects and have faster monthly billing process.

neil from Law Practice

Industry: Law Practice

superb customer support

I felt that it would be an excellent program for a solo practitioner lawyer

Pros

Your customer support people were wonderful. I had a security certificate problem that required at least five emails; each time your customer support person gave me a careful and accurate answer within a few hours. And I was using the free version. I was very impressed that they went the extra mile to help when there was nothing in it for them

Cons

Ultimately the security certificate problem was unsolvable but that is a problem with my computer

Clive from Inchcape Shipping Services

Functionally rich with a slick well designed user interface

Provided configuration is considered up front reporting facilities are extremely powerful. You will learn something about your business.

Pros

Very easy to use. Virtually zero training needed - up & running in 10 minutes. Functionally rich with options for multiple time zones with different working weeks and automatic email reminders which were all key requirements. Remote / offline working with the app works well.

Cons

Incorporate a public holiday schedule per time zone. Add some reporting capability into the app currently only timesheet entry.

Corey from GSU

Industry: Research

Helpful Time Management Software

My overall experience with actiTIME was solely great. It helped me to prioritize my time and input into various projects in order to increase my productivity.

Pros

Easily, the most beneficial aspect of this software was the ability to view graphically how my time was being spent on a weekly basis. Furthermore, the data input is a breeze, and thus, little to no time was wasted in seeing the output!

Cons

Overall, I had no real substantive dislikes about the software. It strikes the perfect balance between minimalist and customizable.