• Pros

• "I like the price and the features that come with it. Especially the integration with Webroot!"

• "Great company to work with. They actually care about their customers and their success. The flat per technician pricing is fantastic."

• "It is very easy to use, does what you need it to, and helps automate a lot of headache tedious things for most MSPs. "

• Cons

• "It is not as configurable as some of the larger RMM or PSA, for the most part it's a good thing, but prepare for surprises. You need to test drive it first."

• "There were a few missing features but nothing we couldn't handle in another manner."

• "It is so easy to use that I have a hard time finding the cons. There are some features that I don't use at all, such as the knowledgebase."

Browse Atera Reviews

Frank from LINCTEC Pty Ltd

Great RMM product

always friendly and supportive.

Pros

ATERA is easy to use, fast and very reliable platform for remote management and

Cons

There is nothing I dont like with ATERA, it supports antivirus and backup (via webroot and acronis)

ATERA is faster, more integrations and cheaper to run

ATERA is faster, more integrations and cheaper to run

Response from Atera

Replied February 2021

Thank you for the kind words, Frank! Happy to be a long-term vendor and partner of yours!

Sean from Paraco Gas Corp

Industry: Utilities

Saved us 100,000 a year and revitalized our IT Dept

It has been a huge time-saving, money saving, frustration saving, extravaganza of awsomeness.

Pros

The connection to the computers in the field regardless of network (LTE,WIFI,Internal Lan, Guest) so long as you can get internet on the device it will work. (Sometimes when internet is not even available, specific circumstances). The product was found when our company was looking at Connectwise which quoted out 180,000 a year for all of our devices. Atera came in at 1 - 2 a month because of the shift away from how licensing typically destroys your budget. It allowed us to hire a helpdesk person with the savings. Not only that i got rid of my WSUS server and have been using Atera to give realistic reports about the current state of our systems without needing to spend hours going through data. This freed me up to do more of the security work that i have on a day to day basis.

Cons

Some features that could be improved would be the training for how to use it. ITs such an easy product to use you accidentally forget about a lot of the things you can do in mass. I caught our Helpdesk person installing a Symantec update device by device when he should have just rolled it out through MSI deployment to the group. Since it is so easy to connect, push a file, remote in and install, then report on the software/state of the machine after he figured it would be quick.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Price, same functionality, ease of use, deployment options.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Reporting, WSUS Push, Established Connections, RMM, we were evaluating connectwise which quoted out to a steep price "but it was worth it because it would save us 2 - 3 hires" according to the salesperson. Atera did the same thing but we were able to hire someone with the direct savings.

Response from Atera

Replied February 2021

Hey Sean, we are so greatful for in-depth the review, and so happy to see the levels of success that Atera helped you reach! The reporting is something that we put plenty of work into, and luckily, this pays off, for both you as well as your clients. In regards to the trainings, we did release our Atera Academy program, which has plenty of materials, including text, videos, quizzes, and many more, in order to help you better understand our program and, why not, have a bit of fun with the gamification element. :) Here's to many more years of successful cooperation!

James from Local IT Solutions

Quality has gone downhill

We have been with Atera since 2015. We have seen a lot of changes, most for the better. But at the start of 2019 everything has gone down hill. The site is slow, remote support (Splashtop) frequently goes down, and the lack of true support. What I mean by lack of true support is that they know they have a problem on their end, yet you get a canned response from them to flush your cookies and history. We are a IT company! We know a problem when we see one, and flushing our browsers is not going to fix the issues they are having. It is quite embarrassing when a customer calls you and you are unable to help them remotely because your systems don't work. Time to move to another RMM!

Pros

The price point for this product is excellent, if it worked properly.

Cons

Constant issues in the past few months. Cannot use remote frequently, it fails consistently since January 2019. Customer support is responsive in a canned response kind of way.

Response from Atera

Replied February 2021

Hey James, thank you for the honest feedback. As we continued on growing, and expanding our customers list, our old infrastructure was seriously tested, which could have caused performance issues, especially during peak hours. However, since 2019, we have added a new method of pinging agents, a back-up method as well, we have revamped the splashtop reliability and integrations, and we added many more features. In regards to the support experience, since Atera is a browser-based app, browser resets/cleaning the cache can help in several situations. This will obviously not fix performance issues, but it is a common troubleshooting procedure. We invite you to test Atera out again, and see the improvements made since 2019 for yourself, both in reliability, as well as in features.

Jake from Pyrinex, Inc.

Recommend to any IT admin or service company

Fantastic!

Pros

Easy to keep track of all customers and their equipment. The alerts is a major plus and the ability to break down certain customers to folders for locations is great. The integration with Splashtop and Teamviewer is a big deal also. Pushing scripts remotely, installing software remotely and the automation of patch management is incredible and invaluable to my job. My favorite thing though has to be the dedication the Atera team shows this product as it is being constantly improved and added to which my previous product did not.

Cons

Honestly I have not dug into every part of the software because I just have no need to use every single feature. The worst thing I would say is probably the file size limitation when moving files via Manage > File Transfer

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Cost was much lower, the fact you can add as many machines as you want and it doesn't drive the cost up. The fact it's a per technician license instead of per machine, you know the cost up front and it only increases if you add additional things such as backups/work from home etc.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Comodo One was a "free forever" until it wasn't. The product was not worth spending money on because of the horrible interface and lack of improvements and features.

Response from Atera

Replied February 2021

Thank you for the review Jake, and for the nice words! Our team is constantly working on the product, and seeing our customers and partners notice our work, and make good use of our features is what is driving us forward. If you are interested in finding out more about Atera, feel free to use our fresh Atera Academy module, which will showcase features and ways of optimizing your workflow in fun and interactive ways, including quizzes!

Bhasker from Aptude, Inc

Cost effective product

Better than our old RMM specially with cost and features that is offered.

Pros

First most thing I like is easy to access all the features without any complicated menus. Deploying the agent using command line options helps me to rollout for mass deployment. The splashtop is fast and easy to connect that also gives you the messaging option on the top instead of going through manage> chat. Connecting to remote is faster than the other RMM we used before. Their chat support is instant, i never had to wait for more than a min anytime i try to contact support

Cons

Lot of times the chat from the manage option will not work. I would like to have the feature of searching by custom field we create or to generate reports using custom field.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

cost wise and we are not deploying to a enterprise level, we are a small scale only.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Solarwinds is expensive and complicated to use.

Response from Atera

Replied February 2021

Bhasker, thank you for the detailed review, and we are glad to see you enjoying so many of our features! Custom fields can be used in a search from either the devices or the tickets view, and we have recently made it possible to display/export custom fields using the API, which has been a requested feature for a while. This should save you some time in optimizing your workflow and finding out what you need faster.

Brad from Prytrania Group

Industry: Information Services

Does almost everything we need.

Over all I'm really happy with Atera it meets many of our needs and does almost all that we need it too. Also their support has been top notch.

Pros

Atera offers us a solid foundation for running our MSP business. Atera makes it simple to support our customers with a interface that is easy to manage and use.

Cons

The business management side could use some work so that we could more easily manage all of our customers products and cost in a single location.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Atera had the best all around feature set, as well as a simple billing solution that worked well with out budgeting.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

ConnectWise Automate was overly complicated with a very high learning curve. Onboarding new techs and making changes that were rarely done were a nightmare. The cost for Connectwise was also getting to be very expensive for what we got out of it. Finally Connectwise Support has really fallen from when we signed on, to the point were the support was usless.

Robert from Lekker Food Distributors Ltd

Industry: Wholesale

Makes my life easy!

Extremely positive. Their support is excellent and they are very willing to listen to feedback.

Pros

For us it is all about problem alerting and remote management both of which work extremely well for us. I also use (lightly) the patching tools.

Cons

I still find the patching and scripting tools to be a bit of a bother. My biggest complaint is the patching tool that does scheduling does not seem to pick up machines "after the fact" if they are not online when the schedule fires. The tool itself works well, it is the scheduler that seems to have issues.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

iTarian as a product is horribly unfinished. As a "free" product it was tolerable, as a paid for product it is woefully inadequate and almost a joke. Atera, for a wee bit more money , solved all of my problems and then some. I can rely on Atera, always. I could not rely on iTarian.

Brian from Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Legacy Atera Review

I've had an overall positive experience with Atera

Pros

I like the intuitive nature of it and how it is always evolving.

Cons

I would like atera to integrate with active directory. It would be extremely useful if end users could log into the portal with their same windows credentials.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

I chose Atera for the ease of setup. It was a cloud product and required very little setup. I needed a ticketing and Asset management tool quick.

David from PCHelpForce

Industry: Information Services

Best RMM for the Price - No options left out

Works great! Saves me a ton of time by automating a lot of my processes and allowing me to focus on the problem areas.

Pros

Very easy to install, immediate access to computers and can see all necessary information. The automated profiles is a game changer.

Cons

Have had issues when we took over from another IT company that was using Atera. Had to get a different uninstall script .bat file to remove their connection. (vs simple uninstall of Atera) It would be nice if that script were included in the Atera uninstaller.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Pricing! I much rather pay a per technician lisc and add as many computers as I want in the software. Ninja wanted $3/computer. That is insane. I have over 500 pcs that I manage and that would be way too much.

Chose this solution over alot of others

Very good company to deal with! Fast response times as well as great customer support!

Pros

The fact that help desk tickets and monitoring were all in the same package as well as AV

Cons

It does not have Anti Virus reports built in directly with the portal.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

We felt that it had all the benefits that we needed as a company!

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Cost and issues all the time with TeamViewer and Splashtop integration.

Andre from BizNet Computer Integration Inc.

Great value. The features and functions continue to grow and get better all the time.

Extremely happy. I have sent several feature requests. Support team responds very quickly even if I just have a quick question. Very clean interface. I don't like cluttered screens and this one has just enough info to not be overwhelming.

Pros

Deployment is very using using Group Policy and provided MSI. You can create a custom MSI for each client. Alerts are immediate. Remote access is extremely fast and reliable. Customized branding looks great!. Create your own Power Shell scripts and schedule or launch when needed. Saves a tonne of time. Monitor SNMP devices and Network devices. Glad I no longer have to host this my self. It's nice to have this service in the cloud.

Cons

Reports need improving. Very limited. I'd like the ability to cherry pick what I want in the report. Example: Computer Name, CPU, RAM, HDD or SSD, OS ver, Date Last Seen. Although I can export a report that contains this info, it also contains all other info that needs to be trimmed down in Excel. Reporting should be a quick process.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

At first, the attraction was pricing. Since I only had to pay per tech (only 2 of us) the price per month was very reasonable. We are managing about 250 devices. After the 30 demo I was convinced that I did not have to make any sacrifice. This product has everything we need. I love getting the emails listing the new features and improvements. It keeps getting better!

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Had to host my own server and constantly update it. Even though I purchased the licensing and hosted it myself, I still had to pay a monthly fee or they wouldn't let me download updates to keep it safe. The product worked well, but it turned into a money grab. They got too greedy so I switched.

Paolo from Computer Assistance

Great value for money

Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

Pros

Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great. We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

Cons

At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

More user friendly

Too expensive.

Kevin from OnCall IT Solutions

The best software for an SMB MSP

Overall this is an outstanding product. It has radical pricing, and integrates so easily with the rest of my business. With it's lightweight tools, I can run everything from a tablet even. New features are being brought out all the time, that I can choose to incorporate or not, and with the branding options, my customers see MY logo and my menu items. There is no better product on the market.

Pros

I run a small MSP focused on providing IT services to small (<50 employees) businesses. I have tried many software packages over the 15 years I have been in business, and all of them suffered from the same weakness. Ease of use/learning curve. They may have had some great features, but I would never get to use them because they were lost in a sea of confusion. The interface for Atera is clean, simple, and effective. You can do everything you need to without having to dig for it. If I have to search for a feature, I am not going to remember that it is even there to use, and with Atera, it is all laid out so well that it is intuitive. You open your account, setup your clients, and away you go. Nothing else even comes close to comparing

Cons

The only part that is clumsy in my opinion is the patching. Rather than approving patches, you exclude patches. Back when most of my users had windows 7 this was more of an issue, as I tended towards rolling out ones I knew had no issues, rather than selectively declining. The list of patches you are excluding becomes tediously long and difficult to manage, but with Windows 10, you can only put off patches so long before they are just going to be forced, so in reality patching, where it used to be a major part of our service, is now more of an afterthought.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Ease of use, pricing model.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Initially the pricing was what lured me in. I wasn't finding I was using the full features of Naverisk, because if I didn't use them all the time, I either forgot about them, or forgot how to use them easily. Having a fixed cost no matter how many clients I use it on was game changing for me.

Brian from Relion

Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution

We're a small MSP with 3 techs. Labtech/Connectwise is WAY overkill. We miss a few features but honestly it hasn't been enough of a hindrance to regret our decision. Cost savings is worth whatever bells and whistles we lost. Can it be better? Sure. But that's why it's great knowing the dev team is constantly releasing new features and improvements.

Pros

Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution Simplicity. It felt a bit barebones at first coming from Labtech, but it refocused us on the important things and not get scatter brained. We took on the attitude of "if Altaro doesn't have it, you don't need it". It's been two years and we honestly haven't looked back. It's also great having a flat fee per tech instead of per agent fee. It's a relief when deploying agents since It doesn't feel like I'm incurring additional overhead each time I add an agent. I also appreciate their agile feature releases. It gives me the feeling that the team is not sitting still and always earning my dollar.

Cons

The reporting is a bit weak. I'm used to being able to hook into the database and generate custom reports coming from Connectwise. I used to have a Excel pivot table pulling data directly from Connectwise and it was data nerd heaven. While API is available, it doesn't supply the same volume of information that the built-in reports offer. I submitted a feature request to simply expose the reports via API (this is how Connectwise does it) so hopefully that will happen in the future. Also, Splashtop remote control that comes with Atera is just too slow to connect. It's actually pretty good once the connection is established, but there's a ~30 sec delay from the time you click on the button. That might not sound like much, it can feel like eternity when there is a customer on the phone. Plus it takes too long to find out when the connection doesn't work for some reason. We bit the bullet and paid for Screenconnect.

Cost / simplicity

Cost / complexity

Rich from DiamondNet, Inc.

Highly recommend Atera

Customers are happy that I can quickly and easily remotely connect to their computers and resolve issues. Generating reports for customers is very valuable as it shows what my customers are getting for the price they pay for my services. Having customers simply send an email for support tickets has greatly reduced call volume and made things less stressful.

Pros

Atera is very much interested in what their customers think and request for suggestions or improvements. Atera is affordable because they charge per technician instead of per end point. The Atera interface is fast and not bogged down with so many features that it makes it confusing and time consuming. I really like that the main features of support tickets, Alerts, and Reports are easy to get to and analyze. The support ticket system is quick and easy to use as a technician and it's great that customers just have to send a simple email to create a support ticket. Atera Reports are great to create and send to customers to show what is happening behind the scenes. Remote connection to customers' computers is another feature that works very well. Connecting remotely to my customers' computers is quick and easy. No messing around with codes or having customers download and install extra special software.

Cons

Not much to dislike about Atera. I would like to see the Alerts to be improved upon by making them not alert me every time a computer has a small spike in CPU and/or memory usage as well as temperatures. I would also like to see the Atera website more compatible with the new Microsoft Edge browser that is being released in January of 2020. Currently the support tickets' information details appear as narrow paragraphs. Currently there is no mobile app to get notifications of new support tickets and to access and edit current support tickets.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Affordable and easy to use with just the right features I need for my business.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

ConnectWise has way too many bells and whistles for what I need and they are too expensive charging per end point. Too complicated to use.

Joseph from JDS Networking LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature

Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pros

The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Cons

Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

pricing for the features we needed.

Response from Atera

Replied September 2019

Hello, Joseph! Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product! Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks? In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

Brandon from Clegg Technologies

Great option for MSP's

I love the product. I am so happy I found it in my searching for an RMM. I was using a home grown solution that was clunky and I didn't really have time to build out. This has what I need, and the cost is far better then other solutions!

Pros

Cons

Its a growing product, so really the only thing I have a slight issue with is the email. If I could just have it hook into my email account instead of a forward to the created account it would be easier to deal with.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Pricing, and its already built in affiliations with Webroot and Splashtop.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

This was easier to manage.

Response from Atera

Replied February 2021

We are so happy to hear that Atera saved you the time and money, Brandon! We will share your email feedback with the product team, and discuss how we can better integrate with email vendors. Here's to many more years of success!

Aziz from American Foundation for the Blind

Atera Review

Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pros

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Cons

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

TeamViewer is a much more expensive alternative.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Samanage and Logmein Central were a more expensive alternative. Logmein was also raising prices. Atera was able to replace both products.

Steven from SFB Technology

Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs

When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was built from the ground up, by people who understand what it's like to run an MSP. We setup the free trial, then had Atera up and running in literal MINUTES. Seriously, in minutes we had the entire thing configured, with our branding and email and automated ticketing responses. Also, the fact that you are not charged for every agent has been such a blessing to our clients because that means that, we are able to put agents onto systems that we otherwise would not have. So, even system that only get break fix support, can now have an agent on them, which allows us to remotely troubleshoot them. This fact alone saves tons of money and time! Bottom line, if you are a new MSP or even a seasoned provider, you will get a tremendous value from choosing or switching to Atera. One last thing I will say. Since Atera recently moved the entire platform over a Microsoft Azure infrastructure, they have been pushes out updates and improvements a breakneck pace!

Pros

Low cost of entry and low monthly cost No cost for per agent VERY easy setup VERY easy to use

Cons

Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

Kaine from Cloud Solutionz

My experience with Atera has been pretty positive. Atera has become essential in our workplace.

Pros

What I like about Atera is it's user friendly GUI, simplicity and overall performance. Atera has plenty of features, especially at it's price point. Unlike other RMM's, Atera offers a base price, with an unlimited amount of devices. This is a huge pro, as it allows us to test certain things on specific devices before rolling everything out, without being charged a "per device" fee. It's also nice to have in general, as with the remote support integrations, it can be utilized to remotely access (via integrated Splashtop for FREE) specific machines as well, while still avoiding that "per device" fee. The integrated ticking system is quite convenient as well. It saves from having to purchase third party software to handle similar tasks (which are required by most RMM's nowadays.) Overall, my business currently relies on Atera for a multitude of tasks, which it performs very well at.

Cons

The only real con I have for Atera, is that it currently does not support the ability for a customer login account. This is kind of a downer for us, as some of our customers like to login to view their site/network (of course with limited access). To be able to do this currently requires the use of multiple technician licenses, which can get Very costly if multiple techs at multiple clients want to have access. That aside, the only other downside is that there's currently no integration with Bitdefender nor Cloudberry.

Avi from Sytex Ltd.

Ater is great

Atera have improve they product a lot, and continue doing that on daily basis.

Pros

Stability, Atera just work great without any issues

Cons

Not sure if missing, but I would like more option for a payments and management for my employee like access to KB and creation

Because of price

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Easy management of the clients

Great Platform for MSPs

Pros

Atera has been great and my company has been through most all of the big name PSA/RMM combos. It was easy to setup, easy to use on a daily basis, and they are continuing to add features it seems weekly. Lastly, the cost compared to the other guys is so low, I thought there had to be a catch...but there is no catch!

Cons

There are some automation options for ticketing and RMM that aren't available yet.

Cost and features

KIRAN from QnA Tech

Best automation and RDP to connect

Happy to work remotely to jump on any OS machine.

Pros

Best in remote access to connect any time and this is very easy for IT admin to jump on. Always BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT to take owner ship.

Cons

1. More integration and need more Knowledge base documents

Price

Easy remote log in

Jason from Arcstream Network Services

Excellent value all around

This is the best value I have been able to find with all the RMMs, with all the features I need and many I dont, that i have been able to find at a good price point for any company size. I dont know that I could ask for more, very satisfied with this service.

Pros

I love the amount of easy organization, the full functionality for device agent software, reporting, alerts, and overall ease of use that sits at the point of not being overblown and too much to work with.

Cons

I have yet to find something I do not like, but I wish there was more granular control per agent on being able to select what is reported on for alerts.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

overpriced for small business affordability

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Connectwise packages are more expensive and offer more then I would use as a small Service Provider.

Saad from North horizon Consulting

Most options available for a small MSP

Overall we love ATERA, we use it daily to perform several tasks, monitor our client's entire networks and PC's we are then able to suggest improvements and stay on top of our client's needs.

Pros

Atera's Pricing model that includes most services and unlimited nodes for one price. The support is also excellent

Cons

Nothing to Dislike but Lack of Linux agent is killing us.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Very easy to use, implement and cost-effective for a small MSP

Price and ease of Use

John from Information Technology and Services

Great product for the price

I do love the simplicity of Atera. The support has been great anytime I needed them. I use it all day long and it has become a very important aspect of my work that would be difficult to do without. The price is very accommodating.

Pros

I use this everyday. I went with Atera because the price and they use Splashtop. I have been using splashtop for a year prior. The setup was easy. I can connect with my iPad which is a plus for me. They are always introducing features and since they switch to the new azure fabric, I have had no issues.

Cons

I really wish they had a task list with each client. So when onsite I can add or complete those task. I use another software right now that does that. They had lots of issues prior to the move the Azure fabric but looks like that move has help the stability of the product. The ticket and billing system does not flow for me. Maybe one day it will.

Price and simplicity

Atera Review aftera few months of Use

Things have been great. I am a one man shop and even though I have been with Atera a few months now, I still consider myself an onboarding customer. I am no longer taking on new clients as my workload is full, but I do feel that once I am completely switched over, not only will I be more organized, but I will also be saving a lot of money that can be reinvested.

Pros

The obvious benefit is the pricing model for Atera. I can now add devices and then worry about the billing later as it is not by device. I also like the rate of updates, and the quick access to a live chat support during the day. All of the features I would need daily are there, task manager, service manager, event logs, etc....as well as some nice extras I haven't yet to configure but will soon, like the Help desk agent that provides endpoint chat to your customers with automatic ticket creation.

Cons

Some things are a little clunky and not as intuitive as they should be, or not yet a 'polished' module and needs some work. Some examples: the event logs are now full of atera service entries that drown out most useful items, they said there is a way to filter it out, but I have't found a way to stop just Atera entries. Looking for software installed using the reports doesn't allow you generate all software on an endpoint, just where a specific piece of software is installed. Most MSPs (afaik) would prefer to see all software installed, as well as having the ability to look for software, so that they can locate bad things installed. File transfer speed through Splashtop is very slow, but I have other remote tools that don't make this an issue for me. There is very little asset tracking for hardware or software installed as well. You also cannot view software installed on an offline device.

Howard from 256 Solutions

Great product with improvements rolled out monthly

Pros

Deployment through Group Policy is VERY easy as the installer is a very small MSI.

Cons

Management for non-windows based machines is till not great. Mac OS deployment is very clunky and manual. Linux agent does not yet exist, but is apparently coming. Manually adding SNMP objects is still very clunky. The device layout screen is not customizable and looks like a wall of text. Atera has said these changes are coming, and their follow through this year on promised features vs deployed features is pretty good. So I'm optimistic this will be in place soon.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

The per-user price point was good, and makes this a much better value than a Pulseway that charges per device. The free month gives you a good opportunity to evaluate it and shows that this product is a good value.

Fonderie from Fonderie Sime

Industry: Machinery

Strumento ottimo per la consulenza da remoto

E' stato uno strumento fondamentale per il lockdown dovuto al COVID-19. Ha permesso di effettuare una ottima teleassistenza da remoto agli utenti che trovavano difficoltà. Ci è stato utile per l'installazione di determinati software in maniera massiva senza il passaggio da ogni macchina presente.

Pros

La connettività a più ambienti. L'utilizzo fuori dalla rete aziendale e senza VPN. Creazione ottima per script automatici. Check ottimale per gli strumenti hardware per la nostra azienda.

Cons

Sarebbe stato ancora più utile se Atera permettesse di aggiungere dispositivi Android o Apple.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Grazie ai numeri feedback ricevuti dai colleghi che lavorano nel nostro campo.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Non sempre affidabile. Non utilizzabile fuori dalla rete aziendale. Non permette il monitoraggio della macchina (hardware e processi di sistema)

Tom from Kobelt Development Inc (KDI)

Easy to Use

We have asked for enhancements and another report for client SLA reporting. They have been good in walking us through setting up the self serve portal and an additional SLA report.

Pros

We came off of a much expensive RMM tool. Atera has all the features that we were looking for. Adding another device to monitor is easy and does not increase your costs.

Cons

Since the time we started with them they have expanded their integration to billing and added an app that we can use. You get what you pay for and we are getting a lot more value than we got with our previous tool.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Primarily Cost and it was cumbersome.

Aaron from Protek Services LLC

Great Product!

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Price initially, but I found an amazing product!

Bob from Total BusinessWare

They hit the sweet spot...

Excellent experience. Wish I found them years earlier.

Pros

They started with a clean slate, fresh thinking and single purpose. There is no bloat. They hit the sweet spot. We ditched a system that was costing us more, but price isn’t everything or even the most important thing… We are now doing more with our RMM than ever before. -It’s easier to use, does everything we need and the support is fantastic!

Cons

If you run it up on your mobile device, the UI is a little more limited, for example I could not find a way to run scripts. To work around this, navigate to the device you want and tell your browser to switch from mobile to desktop version of the site. They are also releasing a native mobile app soon, perhaps it will include ability to run scripts on mobile in a more streamlined manner.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

The other system we used lost their sense of direction. they grew too big and their marketing department became more important to them then their support department. And don't get me started on the verbing...

Jorge from Orion systems

Atera Anywhere

Pros

I love the fact that Atera is accessible anywhere. Computer, Laptop, Phone or Tablet. Anywhere that I am, I have full access to my workstations. At anytime a customer can call with help and I am able to connect on the spot to their computer to help. Also the Auditing system, which allows you to filter computers and categorize hardware and software is an amazing feature. I cannot stress the importance of this tool and its capabilities for someone that has so many computers to manage.

Cons

I feel like Agent can sometimes show a computer offline when its not. Sometimes the Agent can even show offline and immediately come online. Also a more portable version of the agent would be nice. Once upon a time i could carry my agent installer in a USB and from there i could install the end for any computer and choose what company folder it belong to.

Piero from Computer & Network Security

A different view on licensing for MSPs

Good

Pros

The licensing model and the possibility to submit needed features to the developers team.

Cons

lacks of some feature if compared to market leaders, but new features are implemented almost on a monthly basis

Licensing model

Edwin from EDG Security Systems

Excellent

Pros

Easy of use and implementing. multi-platform support

Cons

When I first started to use the product they did not have an SNMP repository. They now have one, so everything is good.

Price and included features

Ryan from RL Computer Services

Go Atera!

Organizing and managing different clients and computers has been great.

Pros

It was a breeze to setup. Tons of functionality to automate scripts, RDP to client computers, easy to organize client computers. The layout is super easy to learn. Basically what I love most about Atera is the easy-of-use of it all. It's very detailed, but simple at the same time.

Cons

I have used Atera for approximately 6 months and have found no cons with it so far.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Looking for an easier, cleaner interface w/ all the functionality I needed.

Troy from Exact IT Consulting

Lightweight - Easy to Navigate - Decent integration

Easy management of hundreds of endpoints/customers.

Pros

Splashtop is a very lightweight and easy to deploy streamer. The RMM client is also very lightweight and resource light compared to others. Email Ticketing and portal ticketing work very well. Reports and metrics are very comprehensive and easy to generate. The recent addition of a chat client was a great move, and adds a few steps of fucntionality. REST API (See Cons)

Cons

Quickbooks integration is available but is finicky. No matter how much we work with them to get the few wrinkles ironed out, it never seems to improve (Class types not populating properly once imported to QB) REST API is very powerful, until its not. There are a lot of options in the API, but there could definitely be more. They offer a community forum to request features, but any API requests seem to go unseen/unattenteded.

Josh from Two Point Zero Ltd

Amazing features and disruptive pricing

Pros

The pricing was the biggest draw card for us. Making it an IT Tool not an added service we onsell to our clients. The API is helpful

Cons

There is no true app, we have written our own to make it easier for our techs to get data into the system

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Great balance of features and price point

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Way to expensive for the lack of features.

Kyle from Komplete Solutions

Great for Start ups!

Altera has increased time and productivity with their remote tool suite helping access dozens of remote machines on foreign networks.

Pros

The IT and patch management paired with the remote capabilities makes this an essential tool for any small or startup MSP or consultants.

Cons

The ticketing and knowledge base are my least favorite modules of this software, however, both are serviceable options just not as polished as the remote and management tools.

Features and pricing

Features and pricing

Neil from The Plymouth IT Manager

A great PSA tool at a compelling price

Pros

Atera gives me the tools I need to provide remote monitoring and management of my client's IT. It's got a robust and easy-to-set-up NMS, excellent remote access tools and automation is straightforward and intuitive. Initial setup was very easy and I can deploy the agent via an installer or Active Directory. There is an Agent for MacOS which actually works. There's a nice little client database for me to track client configurations and notes. There is a helpdesk system that I do not use at present as I have another combined helpdesk/ordering/billing system that I have used for some time. Atera charge by the agent, not the node, meaning it is incredible value for money and it enables me to be ultra-competitive on pricing too where the situation calls for it.

Cons

I really like the system and it's really hard to knock it. For a PSA tool it's just what I need and it suits me very well.

Philip from The Pennsylvania SPCA

Industry: Veterinary

Atera = More Sleep

My experience has been pretty good so far with Atera. It has definitely improved in the last few months as some major patches were released.

Pros

I love that I can have unlimited endpoints. Ease of use from phone, tablet, and computer. Reporting is great for the boss and the board to see how we are doing tech wise. Tech support is always getting involved and going above and beyond for my requests.

Cons

Splashtop is not always the most responsive. Lacking some automation that is provided by other companies such as Labtech and Kaseya. Does not integrate with trend micro.

Response from Atera

Replied April 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback, Philip! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us, and are using your feedback to make our system even better. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

John from My IT Guy, LLC

Atera replaced 2 other products for savings for this small MSP

I am a small shop with dozens of clients in a tri-state area. It is so convenient to monitor, control and upgrade all of my clients from one location.

Pros

The agent is easy to deploy and customize. After that it's all in the browser. The IOS app works well in a pinch as a 5" screen is not my preference, but it beats pulling out the laptop for a quick fix.

Cons

I have not found any drawbacks for my intended use.

Combined features and price

Sheri from Aveir

Industry: Computer Networking

Atera RMM is quick, easy, inexpensive and adding new features constantly

As an RMM it's awesome, we are learning more and have utilized the remote agents for clients, that struggle with VPN's and use it for training between clients. We are switching to Webroot to have one less dashboard to log into, it would be nice if some of our other vendors were incorporated as well.

Pros

Speed, Reliability, Information, it works quickly, adding users & clients is easy, remote agents and reporting works great.

Cons

I'd like it to have more PSA features, it has contracts and ticketing but we can't add inventory items, if we do they don't match up with actual items in our accounting system, Quickbooks, so we aren't using the time or invoicing features from Atera.

Reasons for Choosing Atera

Better price to features, so overall value and fit for our operation.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Connectwise is a great solution for larger groups wanting lots of control. I didn't like that it often took longer to enter tickets, time, create invoices, and get them sent out than it did to fix the problem. It has more key clicks and steps than we need, a Connectwise lite would be nice. Also, Atera doesn't charge by the installed agent but by the technician, which allows us to add agents to machines not under contract to troubleshoot and keep an eye on.

Rob from VITEC Solutions, LLC

Cost effective and rapid development of features

Pros

Cons

Product is still growing. However, they are furiously adding features and making it stronger every day.

Reasons for Switching to Atera

Too expensive and complicated licensing, making it very difficult to predict costing when taking on a new customer.

Everton from Airways

Atera Review

I have not had to use their customer support as yet. I found the overall software quite user friendly and easy to use and i was able to get it setup, customized and deployed just by using their knowledge base articles. I also liked that i did not get a sales call the day after i signed up for the 30 day trial. I was able to take my time and play around with the solution and then they contacted me and offered me a walk through using my own setup so that the questions and answered were targeted to me rather than the general features and functionality pitch which i already read through on their website.

Pros

What i liked most about atera was that they included remote control software, a helpdesk ticketing system, patch management and Customer Management , plus more as part of their package with a single low cost fee licensed per technician rather than per device. This pricing model really made me take a good look at them and while there is still room for improvement the solution provided right now works very well for me and allows me to move away from the break/fix model and become more proactive with issues.

Cons

Coming from allows Corporate background i found their software inventory to not be up to what i was expecting. I am told this is being worked on and once delivered i may have to nit pick to find some cons

CHARLES from Keating Consulting Service

Atera is a great product

Overall we have been very pleased with the product

Pros

I like the remote management ,bundling with Splashtop, integration with Anti-Virus and other packages. There is far more features than we use.

Cons

I would like some tweaks to the reporting but nothing is a show-stopper

Reasons for Choosing Atera

It was one of the products reviewed by SMB Nation and having looked at it found a great product/platform. I talked with other MSPs and looked at other platforms also but Atera was a better choice and great value.

Shaun from BG Technology

Easy to setup and always evolving in the right ways

Scaled up very fast with minimum overheads.

Pros

Easy to use, SAAS based, unlimited endpoints, great price, solid product with great support. I have used labtech, kaseya with connectwise and Naverisk and no place I have worked at has ever utilised each of the products to their capacity, especially compared to the price. No sense in having un-used features. We have built our Atera instance "our way" to suit our method of doing business and it's amazing. It covers everything we require and is still evolving, but that's part of the fun.

Cons

OSX support is additional. "Select All" to apply script would be useful. Billing / time recording could be more polished.

Brandon from Onshore Outsourcing

Life Saver

Its easily saved our IT department resources and money over the time

Pros

Splashtop integration feature for troubleshooting this has been a life saver during the Covid Pandemic

Cons

I wish Infrastructure monitoring had the ability to be more detailed

Reasons for Choosing Atera

The upfront pricing and per Tech pricing really set Atera apart at the time

Atera has a lot to offer.

Pros

Atera is the simplest backup, antivirus, Help Desk, and password organizer that I've ever used. It's so easy to use. Its very easy to put a system in Atera, add Webroot, and then back it up. The customers feature makes obtaining contacts, passwords, devices, and tickets as easy as possible.

Cons

Sometimes the website would crash and we'd have to wait for support to fix it. Other than that the cost was the biggest problem. We also had to move all our passwords manually, which took some time.

Lanny from Fuse

Great MSP Program

Great solution for overall RMM

Pros

Everything is easily accessible. A few clicks and you're where you need to be. Auditing reports are a life saver!

Cons

Haven't found one issue. This solution work's great for any MSP looking to keep close tabs and easily manage their client.