• Pros

• "Excellent customer support - someone who answers! Very easy to use, and has a lot of great features."

• "Easy to use, the app, I can customize the different elements."

• "It is very intuitive and easy to use. I can enter time and run reports in no time flat."

• Cons

• "Some features that should are missing, but not deal breakers. Other than that, it's been awesome for our firm."

• "Bill4Time is great at tracking time and providing reports for the time and invoices, but it is not a full scale CRM. That has not been a problem for my firm, as that was not the purpose. "

• "Sometimes it can be difficult getting a good handle on how Bill4Time handles some applications but thankfully they offer a fantastic, unlimited customer service."

Browse Bill4Time Reviews

Jason from Sage Law Partners, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Clean, easy to use billing software

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Matthew from Tabor & Byers

Almost Does it All

Pros

It is client-based. It allows you to have one client, and assign matters, thus avoiding having three of the same client. It has a pretty strong calendar that allows the whole office to see who is doing what. You can use their app to record time, and it loads that time once you have an internet connection. I can't say enough good about the program. It is very easy to use. But, if you run into a snag, their support team is outstanding and prompt.

Cons

I wish it had a reminder feature with a combination of e-mail and cell phone messaging.

Ellen from Edmonds & Co PC

Disappointed

Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

Pros

That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

Cons

After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Response from Bill4Time

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Julia from Law Office of Julia M Baigent

Best Small Office Law Practive Software Ever

Love it. Simple and fast. Great reporting.

Pros

Cons

Would love to be able to link expenses from my bank account to be able to run an income and expense report.

Tama from Dillard Estate and Paralegal/Investigator

The perfect fit

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Pros

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Cons

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

It remains to be the perfect fit for my needs.

William from Flevares Law Firm, LLC

Money Well Spent

The various report options help me to understand better what is happening with my case management and accounts receivable.

Pros

Bill4Time is easy to use and provides the features that I need for case management. Customer support is outstanding as well.

Cons

Sometimes it reorders the time that I have entered, but that is not a substantive problem.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

It seemed easier to use and the price was better, too.

Christine from Belowich & Walsh LLP

Great Billing System and Great Value

B4T is a great billing software that satisfies all of our billing needs. It's very reasonably priced and has an excellent customer service staff. I recommend it highly for anyone looking for a quality product that won't break the bank but will still provide all the support you can ask for.

Pros

B4T is completely user friendly and has a neat, simple layout with no unnecessary noise to clutter your view like so many software products. It provides all of our billings needs in a straight-forward, uncomplicated manner. Their customer service is top-notch. I haven't had a single instance where I worked with a rep who wasn't extremely courteous and immediately able fix a problem or provide guidance for whatever need I had. In particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic and is such a pleasure to deal with. She's assisted me on numerous occasions and I can't say enough about her. Something else that I love about B4T is their support desk phones are answered within 2 or 3 rings by actual human beings. I'm never placed on hold by robo-operators as so often occurs with other companies (both professionally and personally).

Cons

I don't have any cons worth expressing.

Liana from Colon-Valentin Law Offices

Industry: Law Practice

I have loved Bill4Time since 2009!

I get my billind done very fast compared to how long it would take me to do it manually. It is also great to keep track of my productivity.

Pros

It is easy to keep track of billable time, especially with the desktop widget.

Cons

Things have to be entered in a certain order on the widget. Otherwise they get erased. This is a hassle since my short term memory is not that good. I would like to be able to enter data on the widget in any order. I have always had a hard time with the accounting reports. They are not friendly to non accountants. I just want to know who owes me what and since when. I still don't know how to do that after 11 years of being your client.

Gonzalo from ALARCON & MÉNDEZ

Cost - benefit best alternative

Very good

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive alternative and the best alternative from a cost-benefit analysis.

Cons

The iPhone app.

NA

Mark from Law Offices of Mark E. Nerenberg, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Have Bill4Time, Will Travel. And Invoice.

Catching time on the fly

Pros

Mobility is very handy. There is a considerable ability to make reports

Cons

Occasionally it takes a minute to catch up on the mobile device. I do have trouble getting invoicing to go smoothly. There are a lot of variables and a set system sequence to arrive at getting the payments applied to the right matter and getting the invoice finalized. The intuitiveness is there, but there is quite a lot to be intuitive about- many settings.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

Immediately good impression from website, very prompt phone/chat contact, good follow-through, patience!

Owen from Farr Law Group, PLLC

The good and bad of Bill4Time

Customer service is responsive, sort of. They will respond--but it is not always productive. I wouldn't say it's terrible. I wouldn't say it's stellar.

Pros

The best part of Bill4Time is that it is intuitive for users to enter time, and expenses. There is very little training. Bill4TIme has/supports API's, which allow client and matter data to be fetched for use in other systems, like a practice management suite. The integration with QuickBooks works well. The iphone app is well done.

Cons

The pricing is a bit steep compared to TimeSolv, which offers the same as Bill4Time and more. If my firm had things to do over again, it would probably go with TimeSolv (and if B4T's prices continue to increase, we will make a move). Another drawback is that B4T does not have single sign-on capability. I'm told they're working on it. Single-sign-on allows the program to authenticate using a firm's local credentials, like the credentials for users to login to their computer. So if a user is logged into their computer, they don't need to authenticate on B4T. NetDocuments has this capability and it is VERY nice. The standard reports could be more of aimed at the reports that law firms would use. Like for instance, matter-specific invoice reports for use in legal fee applications (amazingly, it does not offer that report!) Clients have found the invoices a bit confusing where they also contain trust account balances. There is some opportunity to customize them--to a point.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

At the time we implemented B4T (2012) it was because the program is very intuitive and that was a value. It remains intuitive, and users typically do not have issues with time and expense capture. So it does its job pretty well. But I would say that B4T is a bit lazy when it comes to improvements. It does not seem to look around much to see what others are doing nor try to match competitor capabilities. I know NetDocuments is not a billing company, but whoa--it is always improving, adding features, streamlining, etc. B4T not so much.

Ashton from Terrain Technology, Inc.

The perfect solution

I run a small business that has experienced tremendous growth over the last few years. Our work load is sometimes overwhelming. Bill4Time allows us to track our work and bill for our services and it is very simple to use and this allows us to spend the majority of our time performing our work that we are paid for. I looked at several similar online project management services and chose B4T. I am glad that I did.

Pros

Our company deals with over 100 clients, each of which has numerous projects. Bill4Time allows us to track our time on each project, produce invoices quickly and track payments and receivables. As with any complex software there is a learning curve. Bill4time was very easy to implement. Any questions or how to's they are always available to help.

Cons

All in all I really don't have any complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

I had narrowed my choices down to 3 or 4 products. Bill4Time was the only company that actually responded (almost immediately) when I initiated contact. And the response was from an actual person. I am still getting automated emails from the others that I did not choose.

Shana from The Baldwin Law Group

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Pros

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

Ann from MoLaw PLLC

Well worth the money

Works great and easy to use and train people to use.

Pros

Easy to use and train new personal on. It is also easy to find reports you need.

Cons

There is nothing about the system I do not like.

Leslie from Bower & Associates APC

Industry: Law Practice

Was stuck in a rut depending on a billing clerk .. now capture time anywhere all the time!!

Control over my time and eases the "task" of invoicing clients for work produced for them. What's not to like ... converting from Timeslips to Bill4Time literally saved my practice and my homelife!! No more stress to get monthly invoices out. A single one-off invoice can be produced in minutes to submit to escrow for a closing or other special needs. Just a terrific tool for a firm like mine.

Pros

Ease of use is key. Works across all platforms, desktop, iPad, iPhone from anywhere anytime. Helps me gauge my productivity on a daily basis throughout the month. Doesn't take specialized training to use like Timeslips did. Not dependent on a staff member to enter time from time sheets gives me more flexibility and CAPTURES more of the time spent on tasks.

Billing is easier with this software!

Pros

We used Bill4time to charge our clients that are using our representation services. Personally, I mostly use it in the Iphone application that you can easily download in your appstore. This software allows you to keep tracking of the time you are investing in each client and it has a lot of descriptions and matters that you can use in order to describe it in your invoice to the client. The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database. I also use the function of internal time to track the time I invest in some managerial functions for our own Firm control in order to find ways to elevate our productivity.

Cons

There are some matters missing in the App and you need to use miscellaneous options in order to categorize it which takes you some time.

Carlos from DHA

Good sftware

easy to bill

Pros

cloud base -easy to use, the app is pefect

Cons

limited features, no spanish version. Tarif module is limitaed

Carin from Bespoke

Easy to use, essential tool

Our company counts on B4T for its time keeping and billing. If we would not have a tool like this, we would miss out on a lot of time not invoiced, or expenses not rebilled.

Pros

It's easy to use and web based. I can add users easily and set their access levels. I never had a problem so far, after working with it for 5 years. The website is never down.

Cons

Can't think of anything about the software, it works perfectly. It is not cheap, that is maybe the only thing.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

I had been working with B4T at my previous company, and when moving to another company I made everyone work with it.

Tracy from Stalling Design

Bill 4 Time changed my life

I'm in love. I've told every one of my freelance designer friends about it. It is invaluable to me.

Pros

The software is SOOO easy to use. It has saved hours and hours of time each month on my billing and has helped me gain more than a 30% increase in my billable hours. I also love being able to pull reports. I can get an excellent picture of how much I'm billing, who I'm billing, who has NOT paid me, etc. It has absolutely been the most significant game-changer in my business.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing that I don't like about the software.

Jake from Anderson | Hinkins

Customer Support Is Fantastic

I've used Bill4Time for more than 5 years, and they have continually worked to adapt and add additional features. It is a very good product.

Pros

Bill4Time is very intuitive, and the customer support staff are responsive and very easy to work with. Bill4Time provides a very functional platform that allows busy professionals to have the tools they need at their fingertips wherever they are.

Norm from Norm Robinson Consulting LLC

Great Time and Billing Program in the World!

I've used it for several years and I depend on it implicitly. My business is 100% time-billed. This keeps me organized and I make certain every client pays what they should for our work - no less, no more. It takes the guessing out of my business. My clients like the invoices too (except the total amount due :)

Pros

Ease of use. Easily customizable. Mobile or desktop. Accurate. It makes certain I don't "lose" any time during the day. Time is money!

Cons

I haven't found anything that is not there that I need. It's great.

Nanci from Golddesk Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Bill4Time is worth your time

I searched for a duel timekeeping and accounting software for almost a year before I settled on Bill4Time. It is the only one I found that did both well. Avoiding the time it takes to move timekeeping records into an accounting program every month is a fantastic feature!

Pros

This software is fantastic! It's affordable and the support is the best I've ever had from any company. It is intuitive and is easy to figure out if you've made an error anywhere in your accounting.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the invoicing section but once it's set up you'll be grateful.

Archana from Agama Law Associates

One Stop Shop For Professionals

- Time saving - Superb for accounting - REcievables management - Resource management and training tool - Excellent for keeping track of expenses

Pros

From management of resources to billing and recovery this software has all you need as a small / mid sized business. I have used it from day 1 of being independent - for 5 years now and I can say that it has minimized accounting functions substantial and provides real time data which is very useful for busy professionals.

Cons

Web interface is a bit heavy and slow to use

Raychael from Law Offices of Paul A. Beck, A Professional Corporation

"Would highly recommend!"

Pros

" Bill4Time has been the only billing system our lawfirm uses that remains user friendly, simple and clear in its layout along with consistency in its formatting and processes. I would highly recommend this product! "

Cons

There are a few glitches when entering whole batches of entries that need to be addressed. For example, some settings don't always transfer through to the next row and it ends up costing valuable time having to go back and change settings on each entry within the batch.

Jim from Law Offices of Jim Kurkhill

Solo practice attorney - Very satisfied user

I have recommended Bill4Time to other solos and small practice firms, and everyone who followed my recommendation thanked me. It is not an exaggeration to say that this program pays for itself.

Pros

Bill4Time has a great web-interface. It conquers the difficult challenge of making it very easy to capture your time while remaining very flexible for a wide range of user preferences without complicating.

Cons

I think the trust accounting could be a bit easier, but overall this is a very minor criticism of a great product.

Alanna from Grant IP

Bill4Time has made our internal billing process easy. Everything is easy to access and understand.

We were able to easily transition from outsourced to internal billing. It has saved us time and money with our accountant and has made it very easy to gather all the information we need in real time.

Pros

It is very easy to record, view, and edit time entries, and have them automatically feed into invoices. All the reports we need are there, and anytime we find a need with no report, the customer service at Bill4Time has been amazing with quick responses and solutions for our needs. Recording and applying payments has now become very easy, and the management of trust funds is also a great feature.

Cons

It's not always apparent to me which report will be the best for the data I need to view. I often have to do a lot of trial and error when selecting reports.

Response from Bill4Time

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review Alanna!

Suzy from Appspace, Inc.

Bill4Time is intuitively easy to use.

Pros

Our firm is a virtual office, so cloud-based SaaS is a must. Bill4Time has easy to use LEDES invoicing, and great reporting functions, and you can specify the data you want to focus on. In my practice, I haven't found anything that I need that Bill4Time doesn't do.

Cons

We've been using the service for over 4 years and earlier on, there was some funkiness involved when trying to create an invoice; however, they've appeared to fix this.

Virginia from Basulto & Associates

Experience using with Tax/Accounting firm

I have been working with Bill4Time for a number of years and the overall experience has been very good.

Pros

ease and flexibility of use, able to record time in arrears or make changes; able to write extensive description of work performed

Cons

Would prefer a report that is more customizable for columns to be displayed. Reports being printed are too limited in presentation. I use the detail report as support detail to accompany a company billing.

Sidney from Taylor & Taylor Law Firm

Bill4Time

Pros

Bill4Time is really easy to use. The best feature is that you can see all of your unbilled clients on one page, how much you have not billed them, etc. It is so much easier than other billing software because you just click to generate the invoice. Also, the batch billing makes it super easy to create all invoices at once.

Cons

I do not really have any complaints about the software. The only thing i have noticed is that Smokeball billing has more features, but for me those extra features are not necessarily needed so I like the simplicity of Bill4Time.

Amber from DuAnn Cowart Davis, P.C.

B4T Review

I like that I am able to generate a detailed statement for clients and it's user-friendly. I have recommended this tool to others.

Pros

The ease of use; the ability to generate a detailed statement.

Cons

I have been using this tool for 5+ years and I do not have any complaints.

Ease of use.

Bill4Time: Less time on billing.

I have saved a lot of money by using this software, and I would have otherwise had to spend a lot of time and money.

Pros

The software has a very reasonable price for the number of users you are allowed, and the functionality. There are multiple configurations that each client can have depending on the fee structure, and I have never had a problem with creating a billing agreement that could not be expressed in this software.

Cons

It is difficult to finalize the invoices, and occasionally, the software will have issues selecting which client to finalize an invoice for.

Jessie from Owens Bosaw, PC

Enjoy the ease of this software

Pros

I really like the option of adding/creating multiple cases under one client without having to duplicate the client. I also like the Add Expense option, which allows you to specfically categorize what your expense is (i.e. mileage, copies, filing fee, etc)

Cons

I wish they would create an app for it for cell phones. I have a habit of forgetting to enter time that I need to enter whenever I am out of the office (i.e. phone calls with clients on the weekend or in the evenings).

Our experience overall has been great!

Pros

User friendly; easy to navigate; search options; can create templates; options of what each user can view, edit, etc.

Cons

Batch billing when editing pre-bills; can't search for words; would like to be able to edit a time entry, save and then move to next time entry instead of going back to the entire prebill.

Steven from Rev1 Engineering

Industry: Medical Devices

Easy, intuitive, powerful

Easy billing, work tracking, expense tracking

Pros

Makes billing of time and expenses easy when dealing with clients. Easy to generate reports of time spent and expenses incurred.

Cons

Phone app sometimes does not work as seamlessly as wanted. Could use some more future forecasting to plan projects.

Jeff from Brent Meyer CPA & Associates

I have had two minor connectivity issues that were handled immediately.

It's made our billable time much easier to manage.

Pros

It's very easy to use and train to use. The basic dashboard is very simplified making navigation quick and easy.

Cons

It's a little hard to see where your time might be off. If changes have to be made I think that could be a little easier to see.

Carlo Ilmari from Cremonesi Malmsheimer Counsels

CREMONESI MALMSHEIMER COUNSELS' REVIEW

Pros

Ease of use, different criteria of billing

Cons

The mobile app appears to have less features than the Internet version. Particularly, I did not find the way to see a client-based review of the entries. I did not "study" it thoroughly, though. Nor do I use all the features.

Teresa from ClouseSpaniac Attorneys

User Friendly, Great Team, Chat is always available

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, invoices are easy to setup and submit, support team is always there and when needed and returns calls promptly

Cons

I'd like a report I can customize myself, one of the reports I use is helpful, but I would like to add more info data to it.

Great experience with the product. Easy to use, excellent value.

Pros

Easy to use, allows me to easily keep track of small amounts of billable time without a hassle that ultimately defeats the purpose.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't allow for the creation of new client files from the phone. Also, the mobile app gets signed out when offline.

Matt from Law Office of Matthew J. Durket, APC

Best Part of Billing

Excellent product, excellent support!

Pros

This software is so simple to use, enter time, generate and keep track of invoices.

Cons

Reports could be a little more intuitive. Probably the issue is with me not diving deep enough.

Bill4Time is easy to use and access from anywhere, making billing a very pleasant experience.

Pros

Any major function in Bill4Time is truly effortless as the interface feels very intuitive. Updates and creating invoices is also very quick, which we love. A day doesn't go by without using it.

Cons

Response from Bill4Time

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review!

Yuhi from Emerge Law Group

Bill4Time has been a godsend for our law firm. It's very easy to use, has a lot of great features, and is affordable.

Said from FINLEX

XXXX

The billing is clear, arranged and in order.

Pros

Easy to use, the app, I can customize the different elements.

Cons

Sometimes slow. Maybe I´m not using all the gadgets.

I don´t know.

Susan from Legacy Lawyer, LLC

Bill4Time is an outstanding program. My law firm operates more efficiently since making the switch.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent customer support. I especially like that events on the scheduler can be turned into bill entries and the conflict check is accurate and simple to use.

Cons

I would like the option to initiate and pause multiple timers to capture more than one task to account for interruptions.

Douglas from Burgess Law, LLC

I like the instant software support this company has.... they pick up their phone, no VM !!!

I am fine with the program and would like it to continue to evolve and grow into a fully intuitive functional talk to it AI program as computers and software evolve

Pros

the walk through help I get and my staff gets with real time screen by screen walk throughs to handle my questions and issues

Lynda from Lynda Renaud, avocate

Industry: Law Practice

I've been a satisfied user for over 6 months.

Ease of use and ability to follow my time both on my phone and on my laptop. It does make my billing cycle so much easier.

Pros

I would mention the ease of use, ease of implementation, the cost is amazing.

Cons

Not very many difficulties and when there are, you can rely on great customer service. My only issue, it that I can customize many things but some are not possible so I have to make my own bills for my french speaking clients.

Kiamani from NextGen Engineering INC.

Bill4Time is very easy to use, Providing logon information for each employee is simple.

Pros

Entirely electronic software for your payroll and company tracking needs. There is no need to use any paper documents and all reports are able to be downloaded as a PDF or Excel file to keep with company records.

Cons

There isn't a functional way to track budgeting for our type of work within the tool. The option that is available doesn't fully support the way our company tracks.

Luke from Ashe Legal Group

Overall easy to use and good basic functions

Pros

Overall easy to use and good basic functions; already integrated into our current process, which is nice.

Cons

All online; takes time to move from page to page and not ideal for large invoicing/budgets/cash receipt entries.

Kathy from Romney Pfeifer Law Office

Great Program Great Price

Our office has been using Bill 4 Time for over 7 years. We have looked at other options, but the overall ease of use and value is hard to beat.

Pros

It is an easy program to navigate, easy to set up a client and produce an invoice. The continual upgrades to the program are well-thought out. If you have ideas or suggestions, they are willing to listen.

Cons

It would be better if you could completely delete a client, not just disable it. Wish there were a few more options for reports.

Trudie from Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Easy way to keep track of your billing

Being more organized in time keeping, which is extremely important in a law firm.

Pros

I have used this when I was working as a paralegal in a small law firm to record time for our clients. It was very easy to set up new clients and add times and specific codes and notes. Every user could add their own time to the client's account and every user had his own user permissions settings.

Cons

I think this software could do more than we needed. I've never had any issues with it and I liked working with this program, so no cons for me.

Steven from SRBECKERLAW, LLC

Excellent DTE and billing system for solo practitioner. Very easy to use.

Pros

Simple functionality in recording time and preparing bills. It's also easy to track time and WIP. I've rarely had to use customer support, but they were prompt and helpful when I did.

Cons

It could use one more bell and whistle, in allowing the user to more easily track unbilled time in the system by client or client matter.