All CoConstruct Reviews

Reviewed April 2023

An Accountant's view of CoConstruct

Tina

Reviewed October 2018

So interactive and customizable yet amazingly affordable!

We are a home builder and we use this platform as our foundation with every client. We track the progress of construction from start to end along with all building documents, forms, pricing, quoting, plans, and more. We could not function the way we do without this software.

PROS

I love that there are already existing premade templates but that I can easily customize them. I love that I can engage with both my clients and vendors in this platform. It's a place that holds all of the information for each project in one place from contracts, to plans, to change orders, invoices, pdf's, and more.

CONS

There is so much in the program it can seem a little overwhelming at first, but once you get in there and realize how effective this can make you, your team, and your company, it is worth exploring and ensuring you use every aspect of the platform.

AUTUMN

Reviewed May 2021

Great product for any area of construction

The best experience I had with Co-construct was when I got lost in a new construction home and could not for the life of me find my way back to the stairs. But then I remembered that I had the app on my phone and that the plans had been uploaded and I was able to get the plans on my phone and find my way out of the house.

PROS

Time keeping and scheduling were the most used features for us. Having the ability to add and share info in real time and to chose who you are sharing that information with is super helpful.

CONS

I didn't like that sometimes the app would freeze and I wouldn't be able to clock in or out. Or I would clock in or out but the app would take too long to register my actions and then it wouldn't show up on the time clock.

Reason for choosing CoConstruct

It was basically the same functionality for almost half the cost. It was a no-brainer.

Alex

Reviewed May 2023

Convinced to switch then they rescended their offer. Did not keep their word.

PROS

Getting a phone call trying to upgrade me out of my trial, refusing, then a week later being told the trial is being cut short and if I don't upgrade the pay now that I will not be able to use their product after switching. I could not even get the rep to admit over the phone that was what was happening. He simply skirted the issue by saying "its from the higher ups". No accountability.

CONS

Their lack of commitment and honesty in keeping true to what the said they would do.

Reasons for switching to CoConstruct

Because I was promised a trial that overlapped the time I had already purchased at my previous product in order to convince me to switch instead of having paid for 2 products that do the same thing for the same time period. Maybe a month after I switched they called me and said they were no longer offering trials because so many people were signing up off the bat. What he wouldn't come out and admit is that they were going back on their word. They gave me a "credit" that was worth maybe running 5 projects through before I couldn't use the software anymore. They called to try to sell me on an upgrade while simultaneously telling me they were going back on their trail. Not that they weren't offering trials, but that they were going back on their word. I was already in the middle of a trial and they closed it out early. I don't work with businesses whose word means nothing. I have now lost my grandfathered in rates with my previous product and they've forced me into a hard spot. I won't be continuing with them though that it certain.

Cara

Reviewed June 2019

CoConstruct for the win

We are a small custom home renovator & home builder and co-construct allows us to compete with larger companies for the same projects. Gives us a professional foot forward with proposals and gives clients access to the project via job logs.

PROS

Cloud based, intuitive, limits rework, improves communication, captures important project information

CONS

Schedule program can be improved. Still way more intuitive than Office Project, which was used before.

Reason for choosing CoConstruct

I selected Co-Construct based on pricing and the constant innovation the company is doing, they are always improving and open to suggestions. Customer service is top notch, great staff and very responsive via phone & e-mail. It also integrates well with our billing system - QuickBooks.

Ed

Reviewed February 2021

Great for my Custom Home Building Company!

We use this mainly for client communication, daily log and picture and document distribution.

PROS

The two features that I like the most are: The customer communication and the scheduling. Most of the other features are similar to similar products but these two features stand out!

CONS

I do not use all of the features on this platform but they are similar to other products in this category. The iPhone App could use a refresh at the time of this review.

Reason for choosing CoConstruct

I really liked the communication feature so that we could commutate on each individual task.

Reasons for switching to CoConstruct

The Customer Communication feature and the schedule was not cumbersome to update.

Shellina

Reviewed February 2020

Excellent product !!!

I am able to provide my potential customers with a quote fast and that was the biggest problem we had and now it is easy and in timely manner, which helps us get more projects. I can track my Trade partners and change schedules efficiently. The best thing is being able to track the project expenses and change orders by the client.

PROS

How easy it is to use, it makes our daily work much more efficient and productive. it stream lines all of our spreadsheets into one place, customers and trade partner information availability is available now in a click of a button. The set up and support team has been amazing so far. feels that Customer Care actually cares about your successes.

CONS

I am not able to provide feedback regarding what I didn't like since So far it has been great and meets all of our expectations.

Reason for choosing CoConstruct

The interface seemed to be more user friendly, creating quotes and estimates was our main problem, we felt that Co-construct has better tools to help us build quotes suitable to our business.

Grant

Reviewed May 2020

CoConstruct has automated a lot of processes for us. Some of which we were doing on paper. Some we weren't doing and now can do because CoConstruct makes it easy. It has made our business better. I don't really want to imagine running our business without it.

PROS

CoConstruct streamlines a lot of our process which makes our business better. It allows us to organize our communications with customers which they love!

CONS

Being able to print a change order with the customers name and a line for them to sign without sending it as an email would be good.

Reason for choosing CoConstruct

We signed up at the IBS in Las Vegas and like the promotion you were running there. Also we liked having access to the specs and selections at any level of service for CoConstruct. You had to pay more to get access to that with BuilderTrend.

Aaron

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Excellent Software Tailored For The Industry

I am shifting all of my company's operations to either live on or interact with CoConstruct because of how robust the software is, and because it is forcing me to use the industry's best practices.

PROS

The abundant features are clearly the result of years of work implementing users' requests. Most of my ideas are already features.

CONS

The interface can be a little bit clunky at times, and once in a while there is not a convenient link where I expect one.

Reason for choosing CoConstruct

CoConstruct is carefully tailored to my industry and includes everything I need to manage my company efficiently and with excellent customer service.

Dheeraj

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

A helpful tool for streamlining company processes

CoConstruct is excellent at linking all phases of building, and it assists us in staying on time. We know when a project is lagging behind and may make adjustments as necessary. The estimation tool's usability might be enhanced, therefore larger firms may wish to seek other higher-cost choices that provide greater flexibility.

PROS

CoConstruct is a fantastic tool. The programme has been meticulously created—the capacity to handle several tasks while organising communications in one location. We can interact with them swiftly and ensure that all materials are available for their review. The mobile app is really useful in ensuring that everything is input back into the system when on-site. Our suppliers and contractual employees are benefiting from the global scheduling, and the assessment and determination reconciliation is a fantastic piece of hardware that the workers utilise.

CONS

When you post a photo to CoConstruct, please provide a description. I would avoid CoConstruct totally unless you are able to walk away from your project data. Things can get confusing for our transactions depending on where the files from the spec and choices get posted.

Lisbeth

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

A platform for construction project management

I see many aspects addressed in this platform, it could be competitive perhaps with more advertising.

PROS

It is a good application to control how costs are being incurred on site. It also allows you to manage the tasks and deadlines of the items.

CONS

Its platform is somewhat complex, as it encompasses many points within the construction. Therefore it requires training for the people who will use it, which could be considered in implementation costs.

Aayah

Reviewed October 2020

Terrible Construction Management System and Service

This service is no longer worth it. The app never works, it upsets alot of customers because they can't pay their invoice and have login problems. Technical support responds in a way that is similar to saying "oh well" or what would you like me to do about it" or "it is what it is". Those are highly unacceptable answers for 200.33 a month. Time to finally transition to ProCore and let Co-Construct keep their mess. I rather pay the higher fee for a service that won't drive away my customers.

PROS

Job costing Ability not communicate in one system Ability to share photos and documents

CONS

Excessive messaging even when it's turned off Constant issues with login on customer end Constant issues with the payment system Hates QuickBooks Problems with entering taxes Uses a text format rather than Word in Proposal/Estimate section No 24 hour customer support No solutions available to fix issues Cost more than it's worth when half of the system is having problems on a daily basis Price

Reason for choosing CoConstruct

Price and services. Definitely not worth it now as this was 4 years ago and the service is now extremely terrible. It's like the Walmart of all the Construction Management systems. We will be switching to ProCore.

Reasons for switching to CoConstruct

I thought Co-construct was going to provide all of these great services that would be better. Co-Construct is just as bad as BuilderTrend with a heftier price tag.

Aayah -- This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I want to apologize for what sounds like an unacceptably rough experience from your end. Our team will be reaching out, but what I can see from our records, your implementation coach has been trying to schedule times to work with your team. They've replied that they were busy, and that we should check back later. That's understandable, but it sounds like we didn't have a chance to get the feedback from your team so we could try and address it. Likewise, we haven't received any support tickets about most of what you mentioned. We'd love to have a shot at it, since many of the things you mentioned are areas that work well for thousands of our clients. I completely understand if you've just mentally moved on, and if you do just commercial projects, ProCore may be a better option for you, anyway. But, if you would like to give us a chance to make it right, please reply to your coach, and we will jump right on it.

Replied October 2020

Christi

Reviewed August 2022

Great for larger companies

The support team was great and understanding of our issues. I'm glad we tried CoConstruct as it helped us figure out what was most important.

PROS

I really liked the functionality of CoConstruct on the desktop version. The estimating piece was something I had been looking for and was a main reason for selecting the product.

CONS

The Specs & Selections piece was important to our team. Being able to access that from the mobile app wasn't easy and my team wanted something more accessible. The cost was also more than we wanted to spend for not being exactly what we needed.

Reasons for switching to CoConstruct

We were looking for something that had what we needed.

Peggy

Reviewed March 2013

We are a custom home builder in Western Colorado that has continued to grow each year, making it imperative for all of our team members to be on the same page. Prior to Co-construct, the client or subcontractor would call/text/email our superintendent. The superintendent would take care of the problem and possibly forget to pass the information along, resulting in an invoice that was over my original estimate. I would then call the superintendent (or subcontractor/vendor) to get clarification, and spend a lot of time double checking something that was just not passed along. Sometimes the superintendent or subcontractor/vendor could find the old text/email to refresh their memory, but sometimes they couldn't. This would possibly result in calling the client to refresh our memories as to what their selection choice would be. What a huge waste of time for each of us. When we came across Co-construct at the International Builder Show a couple of years ago, we met with Donny Wyatt, who was very informative and patient. He had me sold on the software before I even walked away from the booth. It did take me some time to convince everyone on our team that this would improve our communication and organization skills, and not just add time-consuming data entry and still not make us more organized. As some months went by, I watched the online informational videos and talked to my husband {the builder}, our superintendent, our subcontractors, and our vendors. I explained to them that after just a few days of data entry done initially 100% by me, they could all see the specifications for this or that, and there would be no misunderstandings whether the customer wanted this item currently or if they had changed their mind. Not one of them could tell me anything that seemed negative about this. However, some suggested it might be difficult to use. We have been using Co-construct for about a year now. Implementation was so easy, after a couple of silly questions on my part for over thinking it, and we have built several templates that we use regularly. All of our subcontractors and vendors and team members are so happy to have quick access to schedule information, specification sheets, and customer approval information. There is no longer a communication delay if someone forgets to pass on information, resulting in more delays or extensive research through old paper files. We are all updated and on the same page in real time. My customers are very pleased with Co-construct. It makes it simpler for them to communicate specific questions, share drawings, or to simply view their selection items at their pace in the comfort of their own home, car, or even three thousand miles away on the beach. We all watched the training videos and were using the system within days of buying it. It has been simple to use for all of us, including the persons who are not terribly computer proficient. When we have had any questions, the customer service has been fabulous and they ALWAYS get back to us quickly and professionally no matter how small the question. Co-construct has simplified our communication and interactions and saves us a lot of time that could be used getting more jobs or relaxing with our family. It has allowed us to take on more jobs simply by being more efficient with our time. Our clients love it and it makes us look and feel more organized in a more simplified manner.

Reviewed December 2019

Co Construct Revultionizing Business Management For Remodeling and Custom Home Builders

Co Construct has improved operations efficiency in several of the companies I have worked with. Co Construct is able to take a project from the first contact all the way through completion and provides an accountability for the client and the contractor which has been a big support gap in the past decade. Co Construct improves the builder and sub contractor experience as well with features that provide a daily log of comments and photos from the subs to the contractor in one place that is stored for record. Co Construct has also made keeping track of financials much easier and creating and facilitating change orders from the field. All of the features of Co Construct are streamlined in the mobile app for easy to train functionality with employees, subs and vendors. Overall I just cant express enough how Co Construct continues to improve the Remodel and Custom home sector of Residential construction.

PROS

Co Construct is so much more than a project management software system. Co Construct integrates your entire business operation into one easy to use cloud base platform. The support team dedicated to Co Construct users is a feature that no other company in this field can match. Co Construct continues to innovate their product daily through their client based interactions and feedback. Co Construct has gone above and beyond through their development of a "Community" discussion board within the existing software that enables all of their clients to interact with each other and the Co Construct ambassadors. Co Construct offers Co Camp training as well as Co Con (annual conference based on builders engaging with other builders) this is a unique approach to not only improve clients knowledge of the software but will assist them with overall productivity in their respective businesses. The Software itself is very easy to learn and very adaptable to any size business model. Co Construct has a library of videos to assist with the onboarding process. Co Construct has made a huge investment in securing their clients information as well.

CONS

It would be very difficult for me to identify anything that I do not like about this software. Co Construct has done a phenomenal job of identifying and improving any areas that were lacking in the offered software package and continues to develop more efficient improvements. I look forward to the future as they continue to grow the Leads feature as well as integration into the mainstream calendar support.

Reason for choosing CoConstruct

Co Construct is a very specific software model geared specifically to Residential Remodel and Custom Home builders. Co Construct has stayed true to this specific construction niche. Many of the other products are geared more toward service sectors. Co Construct has a pricing model that is more in line with being able to service the smaller companies or companies like Cullum Homes a NAHB award winning company. Co Construct is just so much more than a software company and really provides award winning support to improve their clients business systems or in many cases create those systems side by side with their clients. Co Construct's mission and vision continues to focus on its existing clients as well as future clients.

Colby

Construction

Reviewed December 2014

Good construction management tool with much potential

PROS

I like how Co-construct can help with scheduling and keeping a project more organized. The new scheduling tool is a big step in the right direction. It is fluid, user-friendly, and very functional. If all of Co-construct was patterned after the look and feel of the way the schedule is built, that would almost do it for me. There would, or course, be a few little things here and there I'm sure, but the majority of it would be there. I it also nice how honest and open you guys are to constant improvement. This is the best way to be the best!

CONS

It is too much like a social networking program and not enough like a professional tool.

Hi Colby, Thanks for the input. It sounds like you’ve already shared your feedback with our support team, which is good. We’ve got all of your suggestions logged. However, I did want to specifically respond to a few of your points, since they are items that we actually addressed in some recent updates or are functions designed to provide features that are helpful to users who may be choosing to use the system a little differently from you – which is fine, since no two custom builders operate the same way: #1 – We have been adding some more full-screen options, such as with the new Gantt, Task, and Baseline views, which will grow as large as your browser window and screen make available. #3 – The Activity Manager feature does allow the viewing of a particular partner’s schedule across one or more projects to see scheduling conflicts. You can also have a multi-partner, color-coded view for seeing scheduling conflicts without having to run a report for each partner. #4 and #5 – The term “files” vs. “documents” is a bit of a matter of personal preference. However, within the last week, we’ve upgraded the photo upload tool to a cleaner interface and with better drag-and-drop features for getting multiple pictures into the system quickly. #6 and #7 – Not all of our builders find a need for the separate questions and messages sections, but the questions feature does provide a great way to avoid the issue of a client asking a question, forgetting to respond to it, and then having the client lose faith in your ability to track open issues. With the clear indication of whether a question has been answered, it makes it easier for a builder to not overlook an outstanding item. If a client posts a question, and you decide that you want it elsewhere, you are able to click a link to move it to another spot in the project. #9 – Some builders like to put everything into their schedules. However, having a separate schedule vs. to-do feature allows you manage your larger, planned activities on the schedule without cluttering it up with the small everyday (but still important) items that pop-up. You can quickly add those kinds of items to the to-do list from the website or mobile app. Our reports allow you to see, modify, and close out items from both sections in a single view. So, while it’s obviously your choice which sections you want to use, many of our users find it very helpful to keep the schedule and to-dos separate. #12 – I agree. This is a popular request that I would like for us to address. #14 – The Contacts page does provide a single place to access all of the people involved in your operation, whether they are clients, team members, prospects, or trades. We do have some other screens for managing the specifics if one of those contacts is, for example, a trade partner who needs access to just certain projects. But, you are able to get to all of your contacts from a single section, and then link to any other settings you may need from there. Thanks for the input, and we look forward to continuing to enhance the system based on our users’ feedback! Donny Wyatt President, Co-construct

Replied December 2014

Reviewed August 2022

Another software program obviously designed by people with no real world construction experience.

Really frustrating. There is potential here for this to be really good but unfortunately like most of these programs it appears that they are build and designed by really smart people, much smarter then me with no common sense. Or maybe it’s the fact that they have not real industry experience I don’t know but some of the most obvious simple things you just can’t do let send an email to multiple contacts at your supplier (What happens if the one you have on your po is out sick that day?) Setting up a customer as a contractor/builder/company. Unfortunate you don’t find out what it can’t do until you get every aspect set up and by the time you do that you have a lot of time invested and ultimately waisted.

PROS

The estimating feature is nice honestly. The proposals look nice and clean adding price options is done easily.

CONS

Invoicing is terrible no flexibility there. You can only make a po for an item from your items list if it’s in your estimate so if you run into any unexpected costs that you are not going to bill for you can’t make a po from your items list for it. No way to know if your customer opened their estimate. Customer support is not great. Not nearly enough time training you on how to set up and use the product. You get three 45 minute training sessions not even close to enough. You will spend hours reading articles and watching videos . I made three phone calls with issues I just could not get and answer for. They couldn’t answer my questions either. I was told on all three occasions that they would look into it for me and get back to me but they never did.

They stink also.

Dan

Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

System overall is very user friendly and easy to navigate

I think the software is good and has a lot of great features , the invoicing to clients through quickbooks is the the limiting

PROS

the scheduling being global , our suppliers and contractors are enjoying the access the estimating and selection integration is too a very powerful piece of equipment which our contractor use

CONS

The integration with quick books is very limiting we are unable to progress claim to our clients through this which almost makes us want to not use co construct I have been told that Quickbooks does not progress claim. Australian Quickbooks does but the GST can not be altered to 15% from 10%. So no one can use this apart from Australia. Can you please explain what co construct recommendation is for its accounting software so we can use the system fully.No builder that I know bills a house at the end of the build or in one go.We develop also and our banks require progress payments for work being completed so we can fund the projects along with all our clients requiring claims. I have been lead around in circles for 2 weeks now trying to get a solution. Can Co Construct confirm its solution to use all its features

Dan -- We're glad the scheduling features are working well for you. Our product team will be in touch to learn more about what you see as some of the limitations in the QuickBooks version for New Zealand. Many of our clients want to move as much of their financial management into CoConstruct, regardless of the capabilities of their accounting system, so we will soon be adding invoicing capabilities, which will then push those invoices into QuickBooks. We want to make sure that will fully satisfy your needs, but I think help is on the way!

Replied September 2018