• Pros

• "Product is easy to use. Navigation is really straight forward. Can easily learn to use the software in a day."

• "What I like most about this product is that it is not complicated and is very easy to use and understand."

• "Great report compatibility. Looks rather self-explanatory making things easy to figure out without a lot of hassle. Really if you know what your doing this is a great system to use."

• Cons

• "Set up/Start up was a little confusing in the beginning of the project but technical support was very helpful"

• "Feels a little out of date with the interface, but really its a good system and clean looking. It doesn't have a lot of flash and that's just right. "

• "Maconomy can be tricky to use sometime. Its a bit tough for the users without training to get used to all the different workspaces, modules and popups."

Browse Deltek Maconomy Reviews

Robert from RCR Investments Group, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

A very powerful tool...a must for Government contractors.

Overall it is a great product. I have been a part of the implementation team for two companies and it was night and day once deltek came online. Things I learned: Tips: 1) Run at least a 3 month if not a 6 month parallel with your old system, with your old system generating the live invoices. 2) Work out any bad numbers or problems in your old system, the one you know well, before migrating to the new system 3) Project set is the key. The system is based on how the project is originally set up, so make sure your staff is 100% comfortable in performing the project set up. 4) Have someone on staff who has gone through an implementation before, is very helpful.

Pros

Project detail - The ability to understand the financial picture of your project or company from the highest level down to the charging level. Government bids - Allows the company to bid on Cost Plus type contracts with the confidence that the cost will be tracked and be reported to the Government's satisfaction.

Cons

It is not a system you can sit down and in a couple of days figure it out intuitively. It is conceptually difficult to understand, if you have never used a system like this one.

Tami from KMA Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Deltek user since about 2005.

I would recommend this software. Honestly, I can't imagine business without it!

Pros

I'm a full service office manager in the Architectural / Engineering / Construction industry. I worked with Deltek Vision first and I absolutely LOVED the software! We updated from a very antiquated system to a full CRM and it was mostly seamless and allowed us to really clean up our data before migrating over (which was so valuable because it's a 70 yr old company). After about 6 months, I was chatting with the president of the company at a holiday party and he asked how I liked Vision and was very happy to hear me gushing about how much I loved it (I worked for a branch office). I never understood the old system and felt very lucky just to get my time sheet entered each week without 'issues'. It was so amazing to have our project marketing data connected to our accounting data! In 2013 I took a new job with a company that had recently migrated to Deltek Ajera (although, at the time, I'm not sure if Deltek owned it) and we only have the accounting system. It makes time sheets, payroll, and project accounting very easy but it does not incorporate marketing and leads and that sort of thing. I'm not sure how important it is to track that information from a financial standpoint but I feel very disconnected not having that information in Ajera (full project descriptions, project photos, employee photos and resumes, etc.) This is a small office and the President handles most of the marketing and he has a system that works for him but if it comes time to update I will definitely push hard for the full system! Customer service is great for the most part! I get someone on the phone within minutes and it's rare to have a problem they can't fix right then or remote into my computer to show me how.

Cons

With Ajera there are a few glitches but they're constantly updating and trying to work things out. There's a few annoying functions like when you try to get out of a screen it will make you hit save or cancel to get out (maybe just annoying for me because patience with tech is not my strong point). The one other issue that really bothers me is that we pay per year for support for all 7 employees but I'm the only one that ever uses it and not often. They told me that there's no way around that and I can't pay for just me. I think that's way too much money, especially considering I call them about once a month max.

Jennifer from Shipcom Wireless Inc.

Deltek First GovCon - GCS and T&E modules

Administrator on the Deltek First GovCon - GCS and T&E modules for approximately 2 years. There was very little training or support offered. If you needed help you had to log into their customer service portal and submit a case - and of course you had to make sure you had enough cases available (i.e. you have to pay to have cases to use for support). Although I did get a few customer support agents who went above and beyond, the majority of the time the support was slow and they just directed me to printed training guides which were not easy to follow. The system is not user friendly at all, it takes several steps in different parts of the system to make sure things are done rather than having automatic work flows. The time sheet module worked well on the employee side however a lot of setup and maintenance was necessary on the back end. I would not recommend this product except as a last resort for government contractors, if you do purchase it, make sure to have them include extra training and support cases up front.

Pros

Timesheet system has good features and is easy to use on the employee side. Some of the customer service reps were great and went above and beyond for help.

Cons

Very little training or support offered and only through customer service portal case submission. Not user friendly on the admin side with no automatic work flows and a lot of extra steps for anything that needs to be done.

Elizabeth from cbec eco engineering

My experience with Deltek Vision

I overall enjoy the product, and have enjoyed it for many years now. I do recommend this software for project based industries, but I would like to see some reporting enhancements and more customization features.

Pros

It's a one-stop-shop for project management and HR. There really isn't a need for other software programs, and minimizes the use of Excel. It's so easy to use that it's hard to use, but once you understand it's basic functionality, you pretty much understand the way the software works.

Cons

If there's an option that I want, like adding a new billing status, that is not easy to do. Report writing should be an option all of the time- there are very specific reports that I want and it's not easy to get that-I usually have to pull 3-4 reports, export into Excel and format myself. I don't want to have to active the cloud, learn SQL server/Vision studio and reporting, and upload to be able to get the report that I want. Other than those things, the software is brilliant.

July 2015

Kris from Boulay PLLP

July 2015

Information Powerhouse

Pros

Maconomy has proven to be an information powerhouse, giving us access to information that was outside our grasp in our legacy system. Due to Maconomy's core project management focus, we have gained better visibility on contribution margin. This has lead us to new initiatives to optimize leverage on client projects and fine tune realization. What is great about working with Deltek's consulting team is that the possibilities are endless. We were fortunate enough to be one of their first clients on their CPA solution and as a result we have seen so many of our ideas come to life in the core product.

Cons

With a system as customizable as Maconomy, the ideas may be endless but the time you need to devote to testing new upgrades can be taxing. However, Deltek has been great at walking us through new functionality and is always there as a resource to help us through any issues that arise.

James from Wenck Associates

C-Suite View on State of the Business

Deltek provides a great single source software solution for managing and running a medium to large size professional services firms such as those in the engineering and architectural fields. It is important that the platform be used as closely to "out-of-the-box" as possible. While the system is customizable, it is best to use the configurability capability of the system and avoid significant customization of the product to reduce future pain from updates and system fixes.

Pros

The Deltek Vision platform provides an "One-Source" integrated package for the Executive team to understand the state of the business which combines data from accounting, sales and business development, marketing intelligence, project management, resource planning and HR and staff information and management tools without the need to integrate separate software solutions. The developing mobile platform and apps will further enhance this platform solution.

Cons

Prior to the introduction and development of the iAccess portal, the systems were cumbersome and difficult to use for the user that did not spend a majority of their time in the Deltek Vision Portal. Those challenges are quickly being addressed as iAccess portal is further refined and developed.

Peter from Boulay PLLP

Integrated ERP

Pros

Maconomy's best feature is that we have one software for our back office meaning everything happens in real-time. It has proven to be an information powerhouse, giving us access to information that was outside our grasp in our legacy system. Due to Maconomy's core project management focus, we have gained better visibility on contribution margin. This has lead us to new initiatives to optimize leverage on client projects and fine tune realization.

Dana from Research

Senior Accountant Likes the Software

It's been a few years since I have used the software but from what I remember it was a great product.

Pros

There are so many different modules that can be set up and all used together to get reporting done accurately. I liked that the employees travel reports could be entered and reviewed. I liked all of the different options for what reports we could run. It has a lot of options you just have to figure out how to use the product to get the most out of it.

Cons

Setting up some of the modules was time consuming and a little difficult. Maybe a better training or a video could be done for hands on help.

Maconomy User Review

Pros

Maconomy is a great program for any medium to large size company that deals with a wide range on clients. From the employee side, on Maconomy you're able to track jobs, track invoices, submit expenses, and do time sheets all in one platform. It's great since you're able to access so many resources all in one program.

Cons

I find that the overall look and interface of the software is very outdated and could use a refresh. Another con is that often times the software crashes, making you loose your progress and having to restart again.

Clunky Time Tracking System

Maconomy is not the easiest software to use, but it gives us the basics of project health and time tracking for the big agency I work at. Because everyone uses it, it's nice to be able to pull time and budgets across teams. However, I do think it could be improved from a user standpoint and could see some value it making it a little more robust.

Pros

For time tracking, Maconomy gets it done. It has what we need as a company and is organized in a very simple, neat way. It's clean and provides us with the basics. It is also very easy to look up projects within Maconomy to see how they are doing and pull project health reports – again, it's very simple so nothing fancy or other bells and whistles.

Cons

Maconomy is SO oddly configured that there are a handful of things from the user perspective that are just quirky or make it more difficult for me to do my job. It's just not as intuitive as other time tracking software. Sometimes if you do not log out before closing your window, you have to wait 5 minutes to get back in to track time. Other times, it makes you enter certain inputs before others in the project/time tracking process – which is not always what I want to do – and gives you an alert if you don't. It seems like an old software/interface but again, it gets the job done – I just think it could be improved.

Ashmit from Boulay PLLP

Great ERP software for Accouting Firms

Pros

Maconomy is an excellent ERP with all the modules built right into it. With its latest version, it is very easy for users to do billings and time entry. It also provides users with IT background to do their own extensions and make a modification to different workspace within Maconomy. It also has a built-in General Ledger feature where you can do all your financials from one place. Maconomy utilizes Business Objects as its reporting platform which makes it easier for users to get to the data they want in effieicnt manner.

Margaret from Government Contractor

Great, easy to use software!

The software works well, and if you take advantage of the workshops and learning tools, it can do a myriad of tasking for you, with reporting at your fingertips.

Pros

I love the windows based functionality. The product works well for all company sizes. We use it for government contracting and it is easy to set up and maintain. The support services are very good and the experts typically know their stuff.

Cons

It's expensive, and you pay extra for the top level support. Training does not come with the software package so you have to take their classes (for an additional fee) or hire a consulting team. We went with a consultant. Next time, I'd go with Deltek...

Ola from Perkins+Will

My Deltek Review

Pros

I've been using this software for over 11 years for Accounting, Time sheets and Expense Reports. The system is easy to navigate and I only had to walk through the steps one time when showing a newbie how to navigate the system. I give it a thumbs up.

Cons

The only problem that i have discovered is that a few of our employees using the mobile app upload their receipts on their phone. that shows indicates its in the and there might be a glitch in the system that once it shows you have an attachment but when reviewing it i get an error message that there is no attachment to view.

Erin from QI

Deltek in a nutshell

Pros

There's definitely some ease of use here, and reporting on large volumes of data has been pretty easy. As a super user, I do find the security and time configs to be very easy (new users are super easy to set up). I've yet to set up some automation, but I know that once I do, my job will get quite a bit easier!

Cons

I wish there were easier ways to configure some of the presets (like report outputs), and the ability to run audit reports in a more functional manner. Historical records would be great to have, if you want to use this fully as a system of record.

Brady from Perkins + Will

Programmer/DBA/Appication Specialist

Pros

It's the standard by which most of the architecture world operates. Once put in place correctly with the right amount of resources it will remain stable. It covers all of our needs and continues to improve over time.

Cons

The primary product is still bound to the IE browser. For a large firm with lots of power users it requires a great deal of resources for it to work with any level of speed and reliability. There are many defects that are not corrected in new versions. It still looks boring and basic, very Windows 95.

Karen from Brudis & Associates, Inc.

This product has made invoicing and project tracking a breeze!

I enjoy working with this software. It has made a huge impact on efficiency in our office. I have recommended to others and will continue to do so!

Pros

The software is user friendly and reporting is on point. The Project Command Center makes getting information on a project easy.

Cons

We have contracts with multiple tasks. Each task under a contract has to be entered into the system as a project. Which is fine because we need to track each task but it would be nice if we could track the contract as a whole too.

Terri from Inberg-Miller Engineers

Long time Ajera/Axium User

The software is becoming a little more layman friendly with widgets, etc. It is very helpful for project managers to be able to access their data easily.

Pros

The product is very robust and can be used from small firms to larger firms. Deltek purchased this software from Axium and appears to be improving the product vigorously.

Cons

The biggest con is the inability to split out closed jobs from the database. The database just continues to grow and grow and becomes a problem for server storage.

Michael from Pixces Consulting Group

Have been using and implementing Deltek for nearly 20 years. I have extensive experience in using it. Overall is a solid solution but does not compete with modern ERP such as oracle EBS, SAP, Netsuite etc.

Don't dislike but feel there are better solutions out there.

Pros

Good for government and institutions including NPO as well as government contractors. Been around for decades and has a good useage base and good name with users. Customer support is fair but. It great.

Cons

Old, lacks modern UI and true SaaS model. Does not play nice with Salesforce. Built for 20 years ago, not for today. Customer service and support needs a major overhaul.

Meghan from Children's Defense Fund

Industry: Philanthropy

Relatively easy to use to get the job done.

I like Deltek and have used it for years now It works well for what it is.

Maggie from Taylor Design

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I use Deltek everyday for Time Management and for Project Billing.

Pros

The ability to assign hours from project work plans is a tremendous help in keeping our projects profitable.

Cons

Interface could be more user friendly. It isn't very intuitive. I feel like there are a lot of features that I don't know how to use simply because I don't know they are there.

Kris from Boulay PLLP

Great Product & Vendor to work with

Pros

As a back office user and administrator, I like the integrated solution. It means quicker invoicing process and tighter controls.

Cons

The upgrade process is very labor intensive. It does get easier with each upgrade now that we have Super users and better documentation.

Samantha from Metronome

I've been recommending Deltek for years!

Pros

The customer support, ease of use for Government Contractor's as well as the affordability. I've been a user for almost 20 years off and on.

Cons

Some minor glitches, though I am a believer that no software is perfect so I've been using it at all the GC's.

Ali from Array Architects

Being self-taught, Vision and I have come a long way in 14 years!

Pros

The connectivity between modules and the fact that the interface doesn't change a lot (like other web-based platforms).

Cons

Not a good platform for sharing client intel, or prospecting pursuits. Had to go to another platform for those facets of the job.

Kim from Non-profit

Accounts Payable

Pros

Customer Services Support is very helpful.

Cons

Need to review for 1099 forms. I had a big problem when I tried to print 1099 forms for every year. I am hoping it's making easier for future use. I was unable to reconcile with checks printing & 1099 forms.

Justin from Automated Logistics Systems

Deltek is a great feature rich, well supported software package

Very well run company with great products

Pros

MAconomy is a great project management software, it is easy to learn, it has great reporting capabilities

Cons

Deltek's products are not the cheapest software around but they are still a very good value prop and ROI

Marsha from Monitoring Control & Compliance

Ajera does everything we need!

Love this product

Pros

Our employees are required to put in their own time and expense on their computer or their smart phone

Cons

some of the customer service people are hard to understand. sometimes reaching customer service is difficult.

Cristie from Dikita

Great product for small companies

Pros

Processing is quick and very user friendly on the tracking and data entry side. Technical support was wonderful

Cathy from DVA Architects, LLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Best resource for our firm!

Pros

We love the ease of use. The accessibility of accessing Vision anywhere, not just at the office. PM's love being able to stay on top of their projects profits.

Janeane from ICI Services Corporation

Very user friendly.

Over all I think Deltek is very user friendly and easy to learn.

Pros

When using this software, it is easy to maneuver from one screen to another. You don't have to close out of a section you are working in to go into another section. You can customize the cells to your preferences of entering.

Cons

There are not enough options to create reports and pull certain information. There were better reporting options in Costpoint 6. This makes it more time consuming because you have to use other programs such as Cognos to get all the information that you need to do your job.

Zenia from Kirksey Architecture

Deltek is easy to use!

Arthur from Manufacturing

Easy to user software

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the application would freeze but closing browser and re-opening would work. Would not work properly on certain web browsers.

xochitl from Bain Medina Bain, Inc.

Great Company Management System

Vision is user friend. The initial setup can be vigorous. Data entry can be tedious. Once setup up is situated the results are great! A great Company Management Software from time sheets to taxes.

Pros

electronic time sheets, Project Detail reports, billing, client/Vendor/ contact database, marketing/ proposal tracking. Reports are fabulous. Payroll/ HR, hyperlinks, did I mention reporting.

Cons

Would like to see history on employees, would like to see history on wage increases. Would like to see history on HR related items.

Lynsey from Perkins+Will

I find Deltek to be an easy software that allows us to track work, schedules, and client information

Pros

The program can be used for multiple things in regards to project work and organization, it is easy to use for timesheets

Cons

At times confusing to navigate and in both experiences my company has not given a clear breakdown of how it should be used

Elie from S'Oil Finance

Well Designed and built ERP software, with High level of functionality

The Software price is slightly on the high level, However given the analysis ability that Maconomy offers makes the price/ quality ratio in the green

Pros

Gives the user a holistic view: Operationally and Financially Different Modules interlinked in a smart and easy to use manner The Financials could be dissected by Business unit or by company Supports multi-Currency with Automated DOE

Cons

The Human Resources Module needs some retouching in the time sheet analysis and reviews area The Assets Management Module doesn't support the smart tagging system

Obumneme from COSCHARIS GROUP

Awesome Product

Pros

The platform is user-friendly and the report system is top-notch. Getting information on a project is easy courtesy of the project command centre.

Cons

They offer little training on how to use the software, they offer customer support only through customer service portal case submission. The backend is not user-friendly

Jill from HR Green

Not a functional Marketing Tool

In my position, I'm trying to use Vision as a Marketing Tool, and it simply does not work for that purpose. I'm hopeful the implementation of iAccess will solve some of our above mentioned issues, but right now this software is mainly beneficial as an accounting software.

Pros

With propoer training, it's not difficult to use. It keep all the information in one place, making it easier to locate.

Cons

1. Limited accessibility to retrieve/merge case studies and resumes 2. Not a user friendly Database – Hard to navigate 3. Outdated – has too many limitations (mobile apps, workflow) 4. No ability to track and categorized incoming leads for appropriate follow-up

Audrey from LEO Events

Deltek is easier than you think

Pros

The features and speed of the Deltek and it user friendly I would highly recommend it to anyone who looking for a new software.

Keisha from HMCP:

Industry: Philanthropy

Love it!

Pros

This product is very easy to use. We use this product everyday for our accounting system. Easy to teach also.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this product is sometime it will freeze up and we'll have to restart. But all programs freezes up from time to time.

sarah from STG, Inc.

deltek time attendance and costpoint

n/a

Pros

both time attendance and costpoint are very user friendly. Extensive training is not needed. Very well built especially for government contracting company

Cons

There are no cons really. I heard that they are costly, but I don't know how much it is exactly since I'm not involved in its procurement.

Laureatha from EY

Deltek Review

Pros

Lots of detail is entered in the report. Easy to read and understand. Easy software to use once you understand it.

Cons

If the correct engagement number is not used at the beginning you will need to void the expense report instead of correcting the error.

Nina from Princeton

A users perspective

Overall, Deltek is an efficient tool for production of mass invoicing as is used in my department. If some of the data entry screens could be minimized and yet produce the same outcome, it would save time to focus on other tasks.

Pros

Extraction of invoices is quick and efficient. It is a tool that can be used throughout the entire accounting department.

Cons

There are too many screens for the set-up process for client invoicing. Some screens require the same information to be entered multiple times.

Summer from WHR Architects, Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Marketer looking for project details in Deltek

Pros

The software seems to be powerful. It combines project accounting, resource management, project management, time/expense management and business development in one product. Deltek is easily accessible in it's web-based format.

Cons

Too many places to look for the information that I need. Reports generated include far too much irrelevant information. Not NEAR user-friendly enough for 'general use'.

Steven from Ghafari Associates, LLC

Deltek Vision - The good and the bad

Pros

Vision is very user friendly. For accounting work, there are a lot of reporting options and customization. Also, being able to export reports into Microsoft excel or a PDF is very helpful. Interactive Billing is also a great tool.

Cons

Even with all of the customization, sometimes there are too many options to choose from. It makes it tedious sometimes to get to the right options for reports.

Ran from Harris & Associates

Not very intuitive

it would be nice if when you hover over buttons it can give you ideas or options.

Pros

Our company has integrated its use for accounting, payroll and HR. The timecard/expense module works pretty well.

Cons

It is not user friendly in my opinion, things are buried especially when running reports. It could be visually more pleasant as well similar to the mobile app.

Kristi from Weaver

Maconomy

Pros

Ability to go to the cloud, Iaccess, touch

Cons

Slowness, a little clunky, lots of waiting

Reasons for Choosing Deltek Maconomy

Recommended

Chelsea from APD

Deltek

Pros

There are a lot of features that support project management. Iaccess is a nice touch for those who like visuals vs data.

Cons

There are still some processes that the system is not able to do for our company. There are a ton of updates which can throw off learning the system.

Chris from Sierra Nevada Corporation

Great software, easy to use.

Pros

Great user experience. The scalability of this product allows it to perform for any size organization or application.

Cons

Need to streamline screens needed for client invoicing. This process is a bit too involved and would benefit from a few less processes.

Ashlie from ajc architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to use, wish the reports had more flexibility.

Pros

Deltek is very user friendly and very easy to use. I love that you can download almost any report as a word doc, excel doc or PDF.

Cons

I feel like there are so many steps in posting transactions and cutting checks. I also wish the reporting function had more flexibility, I find myself having to download reports (which is an awesome tools w/ Deltek) and editing them manually.

Michael from Design

Archaic Meets Useless

Pros

There are no pros to this software. It is incredibly hard to use and terribly designed. Design is the art of empathy and this software has NO EMPATHY for its users.

Cons

This software is from the 90's. I'm sure my company is paying some ridiculous licensing fee for it but EVERYONE complains about it. It is one of the worst timesheets software I have encountered.

Mary Anne from Kantar

Buggy way to manage timesheets

Pros

It gets the job done. Visibility on hours spent on a project / utilisation seems easy.

Cons

Not integrated with other resourcing software e.g. Workday or Float. Slow and not intuitive when it comes to input. Always takes a while to load the project code, and I have to get the system dialog box to prompt me to enter the type of work done before the dropdown menu appears. Only IE is supported. Buggy.