• Pros

• "I like the fact that its customization is very granular, we are in the process to adapt it to our business and we learn about more and more options that make the automation of processes much easier. "

• "This tool has revolutionized how our organization handles Professional Services. From giving a single pane of glass, to simplifying processes."

• "Provides an interface to let my staff interact and submit information (time cards, expenses, etc.). The ability to pull reports is very helpful and reduces staff time"

• Cons

• "The UI looks a bit dated but other than that nothing crazy."

• "High costs of customizations and limited reporting cause a bit of a slow launch. but all the major features are there."

• "I sometimes have limitations with specific auto calculations it runs, but they are few at this point. "

Browse FinancialForce Reviews

Thumbs up to FinancialForce

Pros

This software is so much better than the previous software we used in the past. Its simple and easy to access and review reporting.

Cons

I don't like that with using a MAC I have to expand the screen to sumbit things.

December 2011

William from Empowered Nutrition Products Inc.

More than I need Human Capital Management Software

I would say if you are a small or medium business and you have no idea what an HR department or IT department looks like, then you need Vana Human Capital Management. If you have employees and you want to increase performance, this solution is complete. HR departments will thank you, you will save time and headaches. This made our performance reviews a dream. The social collaboration is new to us and has become the center of our corporate universe. you will be overwhelmed so just be warned the Quick Start Implementation will appeal to you, but I encourage you to just get the next level up so the team at VanaWorkforce.com will do all the work for you. Just get it. Oh yeah, since it is on force.com it makes integration with CRM and other force.com products a single click of the mouse and has single sign-on, super cool. Patrick.

Pros

The user interface is excellent. If you know Salesforce.com CRM then you will inherently know how to use Vana HCM. WOW! No training required. Great future vision product, it has more than I need to manage my team, recruit and track people, leave, benefits, compensation, performance and more. Even better I LOVE the Social Collaboration tool. It keeps my employees working and collaborating in the solution and not of facebook or twitter. Also love the collaboration on goals, initiatives, performance reviews and projects. Top it off the library was an added bonus, since I can store and share corporate documents and even education materials as part of the solution (free) and have my team collaborate with others on these and track it in the learning management. Overall: over the top! Thank you.

Cons

There is almost too much to learn. The overwhelm is consuming. I wish I had the ability to configure everything that is delivered. Knowing where to start was a bit daunting, thank goodness they did the first series of configurations to launch the product and provided me with an easy to use Getting Started Guide so my team could calm down and get started 1...2...3 Learning to use the system most effectively was a challenge, but I think we finally got it. It may have been more of a resistance to change, rather than a solution problem. It took a while to adopt it as a company, but we are all on the same page now and it ROCKS! The Social Org Chart was a bit of a challenge to set up, but easy to re-org and fix with a little help and is now AWESOME!

Yoana from SuperYoRocks

Great Service Automation!

Great product, with a bit of a learning curve but overall easy to set up.

Pros

It's very easy to learn - with clean interface and powerful tools, you can quickly start utilizing FinancialForce in just a couple of days!

Cons

The only issue we had with FinancialForce was with integrating our revenue reports. Took a bit of time to set it up, however, once done, everything works great.

Richard T from Medecision, Inc.

Reporting good, but very buggy, last generation technology

Pros

Cons

It's very buggy. Crashes at least once a week and our team loses data all the time. For example, saving time cards has been a nightmare. Generally PSA feels like technology and an interface from the early 2000's. It's dated, and not fun to use.

Emily from KELL Partners

Robust app with tons of functionality, requires major investment

Sometimes FinancialForce feels like a bit of overkill for our small business, but the functionality is unmatched, especially if you are a Salesforce shop. We have become significantly more efficient in our staffing since adopting FinancialForce, and maximizing our billable utilization rates is worth the investment.

Pros

Being a Salesforce app, integration between Opportunities and Projects is seamless, minimizing data entry and enabling robust reporting. Another huge benefit of this is that it's easy to customize the tool to your needs and automate processes. The resource planner is fantastic, very detailed and easy to use.

Cons

There are a ton of features that are overkill for our organization, but we can't disable or get rid of them. Some of these features generate a huge number of records that is starting to drive up our data storage costs. The learning curve is also steep, it took at least a year for us to really be using the tool smoothly and figure out what tweaks we needed to make to make the tool work well for us.

FinancialForce Helped Streamline My Billing Process

FF PSA allowed me to create and bill projects from the quotes and opportunities from our sales team, it helped combine multiple processes that existed before.

Pros

I like that FF allowed me to bill directly from projects we created in Salesforce. Previously we had separate systems and it was time consuming. I also like that we are able to customize our project fields and opportunities. I also use the report creating tool a lot.

John from Mitsubishi Electric

PSA for Project Management

Pros

A lot of builtin Project Management tools. Somewhat difficult to train Users on, due to the complexity of our requirements and instance. Easy to maintain, add and remove Users.

Cons

Complexity. A lot of moving parts in the background. We over designed our instance and the group that uses it only uses about 20% of the capabilities.

Nick from Fusion

PSA has some great features and is built on Salesforce!

Pros

The fact it is built on Salesforce and has direct integration to CRM/Sales Cloud. Timesheet entry and expenses are pretty good.

Cons

Support is very poor, take a long time to respond and Level 1 support team could have more knowledge. Implementation is very complicated and would almost be impossible without professional services.

Eric from Fuze

Great reporting functionality

Pros

Reporting and ability to run bulk updates to project entries.

Cons

Some of the features like setting up automated reports and dashboards are not intuitive

Nolan from Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity

FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) Review

Pros

This tool has helped our company get important data that we need.

Cons

This software can be very hard to use and to get the proper configurations unless you hire a specialist or have somebody with experience.

Regina from Instructure

Powerful, but not always in the right places

Pros

Integrates with SalesForce and NetSuite. Allows resource planning, revenue recognition, and forecasting in one place.

Cons

Project planning is rudimentary (Gantt only). No good options for sharing project info with people outside of our organization without extra licenses. Process-heavy features are not a great fit for our organization's culture.

Melinda from Beeline

FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) review

We have been able to do better resource allocation and better insights into how utilized our teams are

Pros

Utilization and project management as it was able to help us better align resources

Cons

the project task gantt was hard to use and did not function properly

Amazing Features

We are using our PSA for time reporting. There are so many additional features like resource requests, project scheduling, and overall project management that we are beginning to explore. We are also setting up our skills management module this quarter, which will allow us to improve utilization within our team.

Pros

I appreciate how PSA links with SalesForce and our customer support modules. As a "superuser" I have all the information that I need at my fingertips. I can address questions from different teams (i.e., sales, support, consultants). I also have files and supporting documentation at a click of a button.

Cons

The software isn't very intuitive and can't be installed out of the box and utilized in a day. It takes a few weeks to get accustomed to the functionality, but can take months to explore all of the features. They do have an AMAZING support community. I found that have a relationship with the customer success manager to be most helpful.

Linda from Telecommunications

Restrictions on Access

Pros

Easy to use Ability to import and export data Easy to Customize

Cons

Dashboard creations are limited Must purchase additional licenses for those who only need view only access Would like to be able to link to SAP

Great for Professional Services/Project tracking

Pros

Project Management features are great. Billing and financials tracking too.

Cons

Configuration and setup seem convoluted and can be difficult to understand at times.

FinancialForce helps me manage my business!

Pros

FinancialForce is fairly easy to use but you definitely need to have an admin who is savvy with FF & SFDC. Once it is setup how you need it, it is fabulous. Reporting can be challenging at times hence the need for a savvy system admin.

Cons

The need to export things to Excel for extensive reporting and develop pivot tables to get full data analysis. This is really not just a FinancialForce limitation as we had to do this with other tools we have used.

Kacy from Neustar

analyst / admin

Pros

functionality, time tracking ability to use metrics to run business

Cons

project mgmt gantt tool, not very easy to use

Gabriel from Sprinklr

Easy to use for the one who knows it.

I think this software can get intuitive if it's designed right by management. The options are endless so anyone can build it to be as simple or complex as you want.

Pros

Cons

In general I have had many issues where project deadlines are directly linked to the projects a resource can add to their time cards. I have had many situations where after the project is over, a client requests changes, and I cannot add work hours to my time entry because the project does not show in my selection. Worse part is I have to track the PM to tell them the situation in order have them help you. And that is a bit of a process as well.

David from Incapsulate

Using SCM and Financial packages for ECommerce

Would love to see built in EDI support

Pros

Salesforce platform, Half Decent API, Great customer support. Allows you to manage things in one place. Lower cost of ownership. Installation and maintenance is nothing compared to most ERP solutions.

Cons

API could be more developed. Difficult to customize using apex (ie I would love to see some dependency injection here for custom logic of doing some things). ERP software is complex FF is not exclusion.

kevin from Sprinklr

FF Review

Pros

Ease of use - all sales and account related material is in one place.

Cons

The UI looks a bit dated but other than that nothing crazy.

Tiana from Solstice

Way to scale

Pros

I love that I am able to pull reports, put in staffing requests, manage my budget, manage my team's expenses, and report my own time and expenses in the same place.

Cons

Some of the features are not intuitive, like requesting time off.

Good tool; can be hard to make the most out of it

Pros

Very powerful tool with a lot of functionality.

Cons

It takes a significant amount of customization in order to make the most of it.

FF PSA is a Winner

Pros

Seamless integration with Salesforce CRM. Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface. Super responsive support team. Unlimited flexibility with all the features offered.

Cons

There's some level of complexity involved for beginners considering the sheer number of features available. A lot of updates, at times unnecessary but part of what keeps the FF engine humming along. Could be some improvements to mobile and reporting.

Jim from IQMS

FF PSA review

Pros

Many features included which fit together well

Cons

Reporting functionality difficult to use and get the data desired. Does not fit together with SalesForce reporting very well.

Depends on your needs

Pros

Although I do not love the user interface, Financialforce works consistently.

Cons

It's complicated and lacks basic project management functionality.

John from Build IT International

Significants improvements to Financial Control for an NGO

Excellent analysis tools and integration with Excel supports our multiple reporting and wider organisational needs.

Pros

Excellent Multi-currency. Dimensions Feature allows the level of reporting we need to comply with multi-country/currency/project/phase/donor requirements. Very easy to use and to train others to use. Excellent import/export facility with Excel. Web based allows field and UK staff to work in real time on the same data.

Cons

We are an NGO, and our requirements are only for General Ledger, so I cannot comment on the pros and cons of the full system. We also use SalesForce; which is a pre-requisite to gain some of the benefits above.

A solid addition to the Salesforce platform for tracking professional services activity

Pros

It complements the Salesforce application and so skills using and creating reports / dashboards can be transferred

Cons

At times the interface is very extensive and can be overwhelming to users. Many of our staff have failed to create dashboards that reflect their reporting needs

Michael from powerPwerfector Ltd

Fully Integrated Solution

If you are a Salesforce user this is an excellent integrated solution. Sales and finance share the same information. With Financial Force we look at the business financially the same way we look at it operationally.

Pros

Web based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support

Cons

Product is relatively new so sophistication is developing over time. Reporting is based on standard Salesforce reporting so whilst extremely powerful is non standard for finance- though a product to resolve this is currently in development.

Flexible but clunky

Pros

I really love the flexibility - and that's why we chose it. We are able to operate two separate companies in one instance allowing us to share resources and visibility which is something that most tools couldn't accomplish. With that we were also able to customise the tool for our use, allowing us to mold the tools to our needs vs the other way around

Cons

It's unintuitive and difficult to learn. Configuration and training has been an absolute headache, and the project was almost pulled multiple times due to frustration from those helping test it. We persevered - verdict is still out whether or not it was the right decision.

Financial Force

Pros

I liked the accessibility of the information through reports and the fact that is easy to massive upload to add / modify records

Cons

The user interface is very poor, it's not intuitive as it should be.

Your one stop PSA tool

Pros

If you have SF CRM and your a prof services org...stop here, this is your tool.

Zodiac from Softchoice

Financial Force

Pros

A great upgrade from what our company was initially using - easy and straight forward

Cons

Like any change it takes time to fully grasp so there is a learning curve

Excellent Tool

Extremely satisfied with the feature set provided

Pros

Visibility and Tracking of PS Projects provides valuatable insight

Cons

Integration with other Salesforce difficult

Great PSA Software Built on Salesforce Platform

Pros

My favorite feature is time card entry. It’s quick, easy and intuitive to submit time for various projects I’m working on. System is highly configurable to fit our needs and the UI is easy to navigate.

Cons

Reporting seems to rely on the Salesforce interface and can be a bit slow.

Jonathan from GE Healthcare

Cloud based with solid feature set

Pros

Cloud Based and very intuitive. Ties into salesforce and very intuitive as it aligns to the design and flow of SalesForce and ServiceCloud.

Cons

Exporting data for usage outside of the tool can be a challenge. Separate database is used entirely for the product so it isn't truly integrated with sales and support tools.

Arty from OmnitracsLLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

FF PSA review

Pros

It caters to the need of users. Very useful for the professional services team.

Cons

Difficult to identify capabilities for each user.

Decent self-service portal for HR applications

Pros

I can handle most things myself instead of having to reach out to HR staff. It does its job of automating various HR tasks admirably, and seems quite flexible.

Cons

The user interface is pretty dated and can be difficult to navigate. There are so many features it can be difficult to know which one does what I want.

One Satisfied User

Pros

Cons

There is certainly a learning curve, and it took our administrative team some time to get the permissions right for our users.

Lauren from Demandware

Psa financial for e

Pros

I like how it seems very seamless between departments

Cons

The training that we had to do for the job

Mohit from Talend

good

Pros

Software is awesome and help you in automation

Cons

nothing in specific which was not of great use

Kate from Empirix

FFPSA - complicated to set up and admin

implementation was more difficult than expected. Installed 111 custom objects into my org - including the whole FF ERP, even though I'm only using PSA

Hard to find things, inaccurate historic tax representation

Pros

It stores most historic info accurately.

Cons

Its a little hard to find stuff. The historic tax burden is not represented correctly. It only reflects the latest tax rate for your stub.

Vikas from Astadia

Review from a user

Great app, but bit complex. was awesome superb experience to have this one tell . User interface to be improved.

David from Sprinklr

Financial Force helps us a lot

Professional Services project reporting and timesheet tracking

Pros

Allows us to drive our project based reporting and time tracking for our services business.

Cons

UI could be a bit easier when creating projects

Matt from Newton Europe

Aniket from Talend

FF review

Pros

Good features in the financial force software

Cons

Lack of proper support while dealing with issues

Best PSA for Salesforce Users

FinancialForce PSA is essential for our business to run the services department.

Pros

Easily connects our professional services teams with projects and customers in one place. FinancialForce is built natively on the Salesforce Platform so everything is connected. Has everything we need for a PSA tool with an amazing support team.

Cons

With so many features and flexibility in the software, the best options to do something isn’t always clear.

Elie

Great app with good functionality

Pros

Web-based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support

Cons

API could be more developed. Difficult to customize using apex. ERP software is complex FF is not exclusion.