All FunctionFox Reviews

Jaydra

Accounting, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2023

Excellent product, works well, does what we need

Sandra

Public Relations and Communications, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

Two decades with Function Fox

PROS

As a one-person PR shop, knowing that I can quickly and easily create projects, track my time and do my monthly invoicing in one spot is invaluable and I don't miss billing any of my most valuable resource - my time!

CONS

After two decades, Function Fox features everything I need!

Thanks so much for your kind review Sandra! We love working with you and your work is amazing. Love what you're doing for Ritual!

Replied February 2022

Ann

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Using FunctionFox in a small college marketing department

PROS

I love how much functionality and detail I get with FunctionFox. It has enabled workflow and increased our productivity and brand consistency so we can prioritize the most strategic, outcome-oriented projects. I love that campus users all go to a single link to request work. I cannot imagine going back to an email-based request process or a lower functioning project management system.

CONS

The learning curve was high and hard for some. The dashboard is not as intuitive in some places as we would like.

Reasons for switching to FunctionFox

Basecamp was not nearly as functional for workflow.

Reviewed October 2020

Limited Use Cases, I Would Go Elsewhere

We use this tool to track projects and our task/actions with for our clients. It does neither well. The tool is very bulky and not a great interface. It does not make tracking tasks easy, and managing my teams hours isn't a fun or easy task due to this tool

PROS

If you're using just for projects, than this tool is OK. It also CAN do task management and gantt chart tracking. It also can track your tasks that you are doing.

CONS

Pretty much everything. It is a bulky interface that doesn't do anything better or as well as their competitors. The tool doesn't make it easy to track retainers, actions, tasks, projects, etc.

Reason for choosing FunctionFox

I was not involved in the process. I've been pushing for years to switch, but we're too far invested in this tool to switch

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're sorry to hear that this has been your experience and would like to make it right. Please provide your company details as we'd love to give you a refund/credit on your account given your dissatisfaction. Please contact me directly - Corina Ludwig - President of FunctionFox - corina@functionfox.com - 866.369.8463 ext 100

Replied October 2020

Kathleen

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Greatest Product we've run across at any price.

Very helpful. Response time impeccable.

PROS

Simplicity. Easy to teach and get running with staff.

CONS

Wished it had financial management tools so it was a one stop business management tool.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! We appreciate you. With gratitude, FunctionFox

Replied March 2024

Ashley

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Function Fox Review-Satori Member

We needed something that combined timesheets with our project management system. FF worked well and helped solve that problem.

PROS

It's very easy to use and has a lot of bells and whistles which is great. My favorite feature is the timesheet feature.

CONS

I wish it had more colors, it's a little blah and grey and boring.

Reasons for switching to FunctionFox

we liked that FF had a timesheet functionality to it all in one program

Thomas

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Excellent as always

I think we're nearing 10 years of using FunctionFox, and there's a reason we're still using it to this day: it's essential to tracking time, productivity and managing project expenses.

PROS

It's been a great tool for our business as we've navigated a team of 2-10 employees, especially through a global pandemic! We use it mostly for time tracking and project tracking, but it's been a great resource.

CONS

Sometimes we have issues with the Reports feature, not getting the right data or all of the data we'd like to be in a report.

Reason for choosing FunctionFox

I had seen ads for FunctionFox in industry publications and after doing a little research, it appeared to be a good solution for what we needed at the time.

Thank you so much for the great review Thomas. We truly appreciate your feedback and loyalty as a long-term customer. With gratitude, from the FunctionFox Team.

Replied December 2023

Carter

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Professional Time Tracking in a Straight-Forward App

FunctionFox is a great tool for tracking time. It allows you to have several users tracking time under projects and tasks, so you can see how your team is using their time. From an agency standpoint, it allowed us to accurately account for our time with clients and realistically price our services. It had integration limitations and was not as flexible as we needed it to be, but for many, it is likely the right tool.

PROS

FunctionFox allows you to set up different account and projects within those accounts to help separate your time into tasks and items of your own choosing. For a marketing agency, this type of tool is essential. Function Fox offers a pretty easy to use system with several features to help make your time tracking experience easier and more accurate.

CONS

We ultimately moved away from FunctionFox because it was not able to integrate into our billing software. We also needed a tool that would be double as a task manager.

Jim

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

We've Been Using FunctionFox for Almost 20 Years

I've been with FunctionFox for almost 20 years, which should speak for itself. It's great software with nearly 100% uptime. They also have excellent customer service.

PROS

FunctionFox has been an excellent service for our marketing agency. It's so easy to track time by employee, client, project, and task.

CONS

I wish the reporting features were a little more robust. I also wish that the retainers functionality had more offerings and didn't cut off after two years.

Hi Jim, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly appreciate your feedback, and your ongoing support. With gratitude, Sara & the Foxes.

Replied December 2023

Travis

Reviewed November 2017

Great Software to keep track of hours and projects

PROS

We have used this program for a few years now and have found it very easy to track progress on projects, log hours, and make sure that our office is running as efficiently as possible. This has been a great investment for us!

CONS

It took some time to get familiar with how to use the software. Adding gantt charts for project planning would be great, but overall this program fits our needs quite well.

Elliott

Reviewed May 2018

Great time management software

Great time tracking/management software.

PROS

Very easy to use and intuitive time tracking software. Great reporting features. We use this to track time for 15 employees and never had a problem.

CONS

Because this is web based it sometimes locks up or we can't access it if our internet is out. A very minor problem that rarely happens.

Terri

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

We've Used FunctionFox for Years!

Time-tracking is key for our organization as we are a consulting firm that relies on accurate tracking for project management, cost and invoicing. This has been a perfect tool and we've used it over for well over 10 years.

PROS

This program is very user-friendly and is an integral part of our day-to-day operations. As a consultant firm, we needed a time-tracking system that would make important changes as we continue to grow as a company. Honestly, we couldn't function well without it!

CONS

There are some functionality issues that are minor but could use improvement. Moving projects (rather than just clients) from one to another is an example.

Reason for choosing FunctionFox

The fact that it could be customized for the service industry and it's user-friendly ability was key in our selection. FunctionFox checked all the boxes.

WOW! thank you so much for the kind review Terri. We truly appreciate your detailed feedback and loyalty as a long term customer. With Gratitude Corina and the Fox team

Replied June 2023

Brenda

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

FunctionFox for Architects

My billing is generally by the hour, and so the "timer" feature is extremely helpful when working on multiple projects in a day. I also like that I can set up email reminders if I forget to fill out my timesheet.

PROS

I have a small but growing architecture practice. I tried several project management and timekeeping and accounting programs before finding FunctionFox. I have been using it for a little over a year now. It allows me to do everything in one place, from job estimating to invoicing. The most important feature I was looking for, and was having trouble finding elsewhere, was an "resource availability" function, that would keep me from scheduling myself or my employees for 180 hours/week. FunctionFox has definitely improved my organizing skills with its to do lists and progress reports. The customer service has been excellent, and the interface is easy to use and clearly organized. I recommend it for any firm, but especially small start ups.

CONS

Still waiting for Gantt charts. Then I think it will be perfect. They are used extensively in construction scheduling, and I would like to have the same format when scheduling the design.

Ashley

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

I don't think I could live without it!

FunctionFox has revolutionized my time tracking and billing process. I seriously don't think I could live without it. It has become such a vital part of my work process that I have it open all day, every day as I work to track my work time and review project priorities for the day/week.

PROS

I love the stopwatch timer for tracking my time as I work on projects each day. Having this feature has allowed me to bill for every single minute I work instead of letting things fall through the cracks. Then, at the end of the month when I am ready to invoice, I can quickly and easily produce reports for each client that show details for each task I have completed.

CONS

I can't think of anything I would do to improve this. It is amazing!

Ashley - what a great testimonial. Thank you for your kindness.

Replied July 2022

Ann

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

We LOVE Timefox/Function Fox

First, the customer service is amazing. They are responsive and have always been able to answer questions and solve issues (user error) that we've had quickly and in a super-friendly manner. We love the product because it's easy to use, keeps us well organized, and and on track with projects and billing. Thanks, Function Fox!

PROS

We love the simplicity of the software interface, how user-friendly it is and that it's an app we can take anywhere we want.

CONS

We can't think of one. Hmm. Nope. We have literally had no issues or downtime or other problems. Maybe that there are so many cool features we haven't tried out yet...but that's on us!

Thanks so much for your kind review Ann. Is this the Ann from Las Vegas? we have a few Ann's :) Assuming so - We love working with you and your team

Replied August 2022

Lisa

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Simplified our time capture and billing process

FunctionFox has helped is to be more organized with our time capture and billing process.

PROS

Quick to get into and very easy to add time and descriptions of work. Also like the ability to customize tasks by client.

CONS

Would be helpful to have a cheat sheet describing how to add a new client/project and how to archive a completed client/project.

Reason for choosing FunctionFox

Cost, ease of use, customer support

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for your kind review. Always a pleasure.

Replied March 2023

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Love the task assignment feature.

We love the features of FunctionFox. The program has worked flawlessly since we got it, and on the rare occasion we got stuck on a feature, their staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.

PROS

The best thing about this program is that you can assign tasks to individual employees. This allows for better tracking of project time, and the mobile app gives you the option to do that even if you aren’t in the office. The ability to create an unlimited number of clients and projects is an even greater bonus. The emailing of tasks also helps greatly with time management.

CONS

As we only needed it for time tracking, we haven’t encountered any negative things to say about this project. There are more features that we just don’t need, so perhaps slim lining the program would be helpful to make it more sleek-looking.

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2016

Function Fox is soooo bad. It's so out of date except for a reskinned interface.

I have been using Harvest for five years now and absolutely love it, but was forced to use Function Fox for another company that I contract for. The features and usability of Function Fox are just horrible. It's difficult to navigate through the system, reporting is abysmal as it only gives you an excel sheet to download. Sorting and filtering is also confusing at best and leaves out important details the list goes on and on. Why pay so much for a POS system? Oh, and did I mention they don't even have a time tracking app for your desktop and their mobile apps are so out of date that they haven't even updated their logo? Seriously, LOL. I'm not here to tout Harvest as there are other great alternatives, but I only pay $12 per month for one user on Harvest. It's an additional $10 per month per user, then it costs $50 for 5 users per month. Harvest is cheap, has a lot of great features for invoicing, estimating, and reporting, and offers lots of app integrations, PayPal and Stripe payments, and has really good time tracking apps for Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android with additional features for invoicing and tracking reports on the go. I'm a designer, so I really appreciate the time and effort they have gone to in order to make accounting and billing intuitive and fun to use yes it's actually fun to use Harvest.

PROS

The new interface design is really nice.

CONS

Where do I start? The user navigation is confusing, it lacks reporting features available in cheaper software alternatives. There is no time tracking app for the desktop and the mobile apps are seriously out of date.

Jeremie