• Pros

• "Very easy to use. Hardly any learning curve. Support is great. Pricing can't be beat!"

• "Super easy to use. Lots of functions. Low cost. Excellent customer service and technical support. I would give 6 stars for technical support if I could. "

• "The software is very easy to use and very easy to teach others to use. The TimeSync app is a nice touch for overall simplicity."

• Cons

• "The only con for me is that I wish I could customize the invoices just a bit more. It's already great but there are a couple things I would tweak."

• "For 'non-techy' some of the features were difficult to figure out, but once support staff explained the process, it then made sense."

• "We had some bugs syncing with QB, but customer service helped work that out."

Browse TimeSolv Legal Reviews

Ruth from Mulberry Street Market Intelligence, LLC

I've used TimeSolv, first as an agency employee and then as an owner, since 2002. It's indispensable

Accurate time-keeping; minimal time spent keeping time; professional, accurate reports that are easy to customize and easy to prepare; superb flexibility in setting up projects and making time entries; credibility with our clients (our invoices are never questioned, which contributes to maintaining excellent client relationships); too many more to list.

Pros

We are a fee-for-service organization, so time-keeping is essential. TimeSolv reduces the time we spend keeping track of client service time. Additionally, it allows us to create accurate work statements and analytical tools, literally in seconds. Our clients appreciate the reports as much as we do. And in rare instances of client non-payment, we have been praised by attorneys and judges for our superb record-keeping. Our marketing agency depends on TimeSolv.

Cons

Because the application has such deep functionality, there is a learning curve for administrators and new users. Each new user needs to receive training and will likely have many questions. But TimeSolv has excellent telephone training, tutorials, and customer support. Any function-rich software application is going to require training, so we don't see this as a downside.

Steven from The Kuban Firm, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent upgrade over previous billing program.

I recently became a sole practitioner after my partner retired and decided to look at a new billing program. We were previously using Timeslips and it worked OK for what we needed, but I wanted to upgrade to something that was easier to use. There has been a learning curve, which is to be expected, but it is very easy to navigate and their customer support has been incredible. I have called and/or emailed several times and have always received quick and direct assistance to my issue. Plus, I was able to work out most of the kinks during an extended free trial period to make sure it would fit my needs. It has made my time-keeping much easier, and has really made our invoicing/billing process run much more efficiently. I wouldn't hesitate recommending TimeSolv to anyone, solo practitioner like myself or even small/large firm.

Pros

I most like the ease of using TimeSolv for entering billable fees and expenses, and the customer service and support I have received thus far has been excellent.

Cons

Truly there is nothing I have seen that makes me regret making the change to TimeSolv. If I had to pick one thing it would be that there are many features that are customizable, but there are some others that I wish I could have a little more control over in the invoicing (size of address on first page for one), and the default display of a client's "office phone" instead of mobile phone (but this is easily remedied by entering the mobile # in the office # since I rarely ask for/need a client's work # anyways).

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal

TimeSolv had everything that I was looking for at the right price point. It is easy to use and the customer service and support during the "leaning curve" for a new program has been excellent. There are still some great features in TimeSolv that I likely won't use because of the nature of my practice (trust accounting, storage of documents, budgeting for individual clients/matters), but it has worked perfect for my needs. Clio seemed to have many features I didn't need for the added cost, and Toggl came at a lower price but without some of the features I needed.

Eden from the college workshop

Works for me!

Pros

Entering and tracking time is straightforward, and can be done from any device with a browser. The invoices are customizable, so I can get them to look the way I want them to. After a little initial learning curve, the software has been easy to use, and customer support has been great whenever I've needed assistance figuring something out. Billing goes so much faster for me now that I use TimeSolv, because the program does what I need it to from start to finish.

Cons

Some online reviews I've read complain that the interface isn't "sexy," but I don't really have any problem with it.

Support Staff was rude, argumentative, and unprofessional

Disappointing, unprofessional, and a complete waste of our time.

Pros

Nothing about this software makes it stand out from its competitors.

Cons

The support staff had difficulty handling even a simple training. We worked with representative, who informed us she reports directly to the CEO. She was rude, unprofessional, and worse appeared not to understand her own product. We were testing out the integration into Quickbooks and she couldn't answer the simplest questions. Worse, after we told her several times we did not want to upload all of our active clients into the system from Quickbooks, she did it anyway. And the last straw was when she changed an active client into a "test" client to create an invoice- AND ACTUALLY EMAILED THE TEST INVOICE TO OUR CLIENT CONTACT. She then spent the next 10 minutes trying to argue with my office manager that it was the office manager's fault.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal

We did not choose it. My advice to others would be to not select this product. There is nothing about this software that you cannot get on a different platform and nothing that would make suffering through the incompetence of the support staff worthwhile.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Replied August 2019

Hello, we're very sorry for your experience during your free trial with TimeSolv. However, we feel compelled to answer some of your most pointed criticisms. As you'll see by looking at other reviews of TimeSolv, your experience was truly an exception. The rep you worked with has been singled out over and over from various customers for the exact opposite attributes you described. Many, many customers laud her for her professionalism and her exceptional product knowledge. We're confident her knowledge of legal billing and TimeSolv and our integration with QuickBooks are second to none. While demonstrating our features, she made a point of asking if the data in the system was demo data and not for real, active clients. At no time was Tiann told this TEST client housed real client information. We again apologize, but we stand behind our representative and our product and feel our 4.5/5 rating from over 289 reviews on Capterra/Get App backs that up.

Brian from Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP

Better than PCLaw

Solid overall. Easy and quick to use.

Pros

Simple, streamlined look makes it easy to enter time. There isn't a ton of extraneous info filling the page like there often is in other billing software. Easy to edit old time entries. From a user perspective, it's definitely more intuitive than PCLaw.

Cons

When clicking an older date to review entries, the loading times are a bit longer than I'd like. Also, the "Start Timer" tool is a little finicky, and I often think I've turned it on when I actually haven't. I don't usually save an entry/draft the description until I'm done working on the corresponding assignment, but even though I've checked the "Start Timer" box it does not register until I've saved the entry. It would be great if the "Start Timer" tool worked immediately so that, once I've finished an assignment and save the entry, the time registers (rather than having to create the entry, check start timer box, save, and then edit the entry to add my description later).

Randy from REM Holdings, LLC

Large or Small. TimeSolv fits all!

This software tracks my time and expenses for clients and their respective projects. I enter everything as we go and at the beginning of the next month my bulling takes me maybe half an hour.

Pros

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negate to say!

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal

AMERICAN SUPPORT, Features and Pricing!

Travis from Timberline Tax Group, LLC

Simple and effective.

Pros

Cons

I wish we could customize reports a little bit more but with all software, you are always faced with some limitations.

Steven from Fishkin Lucks LLP

Excellent product - highly recommended

Pros

The software is intuitive; very robust; onboarding was seamless. Highly recommended.

Cons

Hoping they roll out an administrator app that will allow reports to be run.

Diamond from Veritas Law

Love it!

Pros

A very reliable, comprehensive and easy-to-use billing system. Tech support is always available when we need it. There are a wide variety of features. We're a very satisfied customer!

Cons

Applying initial payments and allocations and separating matters within the same client can be somewhat difficult.

DeAnn from Shawn Aiken, PLLC

TimeSolv -- An Easy To Use Lifesaver

TimeSolv has really saved me time and energy. When starting off, we tried a handful of other programs. Not fun having to learn them only to find out they aren't easy to use or don't have everything we needed. TimeSolv is simple, easy, and I enjoy working in it.

Pros

TimeSolv is such an easy program to use. With a few clicks of a button, you can open a new file, multiple matters, SPLIT-BILLING (which is amazing), print reports, add payments, and send invoices. It is truly so easy to learn and use.

Joy from Izbiky & Langer PLLC

Worth the change

Our whole process goes so much more smoothly. We used to have to review paper invoices and because the program is so intuitive, our attorneys can review and send invoices at their own convenience.

Pros

We just switched our law firm over to TimeSolv from a much more archaic system and are so glad we did. It's very intuitive so everyone learned the system extremely quickly (even our oldest and least technologically savvy attorneys) and our billing process goes so much more quickly and easily than it previously did. Definitely worth the switch.

Cons

Every once in awhile there's a function that we need that TimeSolv doesn't have yet. But when that happens, customer service has given us workarounds and seems to be taking our feedback and actively working on solutions.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal

It was more cost-effective and fit our needs better. We already have document management software, so we really just needed billing functions, so TimeSolv was a better solution.

Tammy from Langner Law Office, LLC

Awesome program

From the initial transition to current use, I have been extremely happy with TimeSolv.

Pros

TimeSolv is very user friendly. After using another legal billing software program (also had "Time" in its name) that was very user UNfriendly and constantly froze and had a long list of other issues, converting to TimeSolv was a dream. The customer support is also amazing.

Cons

That there is a difference between statements and invoices, and that all clients with balances do not automatically print (if they have not incurred new charges during the billing period at hand).

Jeffrey D. from JDKatz, P.C.

Full Service Time and Billing System

Time and Billing system is greatly simplified, predictable, and cloud based. We've cut our time keeping time down, and made the system cloud based and accessible from outside our office. Love the Iphone/Android app.

Pros

Ease of use. We switched from a desktop version of Sage TimeSlips to TimeSolv, I was used to dealing with frequent database corruptions, and strange errors. We didn't experience any in the change over, which was super easy. Billing is straight forward, and it's pay per time keeper, with no extra charges for admin staff who query the database or enter time for charged professionals. You can add or subtract time keepers at any time, and the bill is automatically updated with the next monthly charge. There is no pro-ration for partial months.

Cons

Reports need to be generated online and then downloaded as PDF files. The core functionality to generate reports has been well thought out, but the actual user experience in reviewing those reports could definitely be improved. Frankly, we've been disappointed in the lack of online reporting which is really the standard for this type of product.

David from Western Investigative Services

Unparalleled customer support. Excellent, custom conversion from 15+ years of Timeslips data

Complete, useful conversion from TimeSlips. Regular updates. Great customer support.

Pros

I can't say enough good about the customer support compared to every other software I've ever used - of any description. I am a sole proprietor, and the time that the reps took to convert my 15+ years of Timeslips data into a mostly familiar format in TimeSolv. Several lengthy phone meetings and training sessions were involved to make sure that they understood what I needed and I understood how to use their product. I have to say, now that I'm adjusting to the new web-based platform, I am able to accomplish my daily timekeeping, invoicing and AR entries with less steps and greater efficiency than I ever did with TimeSlips. The search functions just work better, in nearly every field. The invoices are easier to tweak to my needs and preferences. Although it has taken me a little while to adjust to so many new ways of doing familiar things, it is starting to make sense, and I prefer it to any timekeeping software I have used. And after TImeSolv solved and answered all my questions and got me there, I called the main 800 line for a quick question about how to allocate payments. My call was answered on the 3rd ring and woman instantly had the answer to my question, and made sure I understood what I was doing before she got off the phone. Unbelievable - dare I say old -fashioned? - customer support for a thoroughly modern program.

Cons

The reporting functions a little less intuitive than other functions, to my mind, at least. A quick daily snapshot of time billed today, this week, month, year, would be useful.

Kimber from Izbiky & Langer PLLC

Good billing software

Pros

TimeSolv is intuitive and fairly easy to use. Even those who aren't super computer-savvy find it easy to enter time. The timers are an awesome time-saver, and everyone can access the program and enter their own time. Plus it integrates with LawPay to automatically apply payments.

Cons

The retainer feature seems incomplete, and doesn't line up with how we do our accounting, but we've found a work-around. There are a couple of reports that I'd like to see that don't currently exist, but the company seems good about taking feedback and perhaps incorporating it into future revisions.

Susan from R. Silverman Law Group

Love TimeSolv!

My overall experience with TimeSolv is very positive. I always know exactly where I am on time entry, billing, and expense entry. It's easy to use. For example, I can run a ledger entries report when I'm on the phone with a client trying to determine total hours or expenses, making it possible for me to immediately answer any questions.

Pros

We use TimeSolv for all our time entry, legal billing and I use it daily for client expense entry. I like that I can run reports on Ledger Entries, Expense Entries, etc., at any time. I also think TimeSolv's customer support is excellent. Every time I've had to call for support, I've ended up learning a new function of TimeSolv from the rep helping me.

Cons

Although I've been using TimeSolv for three years, I still find client invoices extremely confusing, as do most of our clients. I spend a lot of time on the phone when clients call in because they don't understand their invoice.

Sarah from Eskew Law

Great Portal

We are able to send invoices to client via email and I like how the client's are able to pay their bill at the same time of receiving same.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up new clients and review their accounts.

Cons

I wish that i could open more then one window at a time for a client.

Kimberly from Chavers Law, PLLC

Affordable - Easy to use - Excellent Customer Support

As a new solo practitioner, who researched dozens of systems for months, I am glad I found an affordable solution for my time & billing and trust account needs.

Pros

Once I went through the intro training, all my time & billing and A/R and trust account needs were easily implemented and updates and the system was very easy to use. Best of all, TimeSolv's customer support - especially rep. - is practically on demand and always most helpful with any technical assistance. If they do not know the answer, they will stick with you until they find one.

Cons

Only Con so far is that the document storage system available is not efficient as all files/docs have to be uploaded one by one as opposed to a drag & drop feature or the ability to upload batches of docs/folders/files. For attorneys, this is a critical need (cloud storage and electronic record keeping), that cannot require a lot of time in a law firm. If a solution was found for that issue, I can see me being a TimeSolv user for life.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Replied June 2019

Thank you so much for your review! One option to consider to upload multiple documents is to use our integration with Dropbox, which is free to use. Please contact support at support@timesolv.com for more details.

TimeSolv is an elegant solution for time-tracking and professional billing.

Pros

The software mimics what I did on paper years ago. TimeSolv allows you to drill down on a particular day or time period on a calendar to audit your work by client, project, task, or category. The software integrates time tracking and time billinggenerating invoices that can be customized and tweaked to be rendered so the client has an understandable and informative presentation of the work performed and expenses incurred. The ability to attach receipts to expense charges is a bonus. Significantly, the support is excellent whether online or direct person to person. The webinars also are supberb..

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software, which has been the case for years and, amazingly, the software keeps improving each year by adding incremental features.

Timesolve the most capable and easiest to use Time & Billing

TimeSolv just works. In fact, it does the user's work for you. Time & Billing records are difficult enough by themselves. TimeSolv takes out the mystery. Moreover, if you ever have a question the Support Team is on it right away. And they listen! A few years ago, I made a suggestion which they employed less than a week later. TimeSolv is simply the best!

Pros

It's intuitive. We Mac users--even when forced to use PCs--believe the user should be able to do 95% of the desired tasks without ever opening the user manual. Timesolv meets this standard so well one would think it was designed on a Mac!

Cons

Typical of all the time/billing apps, there are too many places to enter "settings" that can cause odd results that are then difficult to fix because you can't easily identify which setting is the culprit.

Amy from The Beakley Law Firm, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use & helpful support

Pros

It is a really easy software to use. Training new users for our law firm has gone quickly because the software is not hard for beginners to figure out and is very intuitive. I also love that you can enter time from the application which makes it easy to record time when I am away for a meeting or traveling for a client. Any time I have had a question or needed further explanation on how to do something the Timesolv support staff has been very quick to respond and take care of the issue. I have used this software for nearly six years and don't plan on changing.

Cons

The only part of the software that was a little harder to figure out was the conflict and related party piece of the software.

Diego from The Veritas Law Firm

Best Choice Our firm Made for Billing

Thanks to its ease of use, we are able to finish our monthly billing faster.

Pros

How easy it is to use and I can login from any computer and be able to use it.

Cons

At this moment I like almost everything on the software. No Cons in the meantime

MyCase

Jane from J. Muir & Associates, P.A.

Industry: Law Practice

Best time keeping software on the market

This software is the best. We have tried RocketMatter, ActionStep, Practice Panther, but none compare to the functions available in this software, and the training and support we have received is exceptional.

Pros

They show your target billing for time and collection in a beautiful bar graph or line graph right on the dashboard. You can create easy shortcuts for repetitive entires, and copy entries while adjusting details. It is very fast to load. It also has features to help track commissions to pay and trust account balances. There are numerous options for reports that help managers track performance. Exceptional customer service and training support.

Cons

I wish it had a workflow feature to manage tasks.

Eva from O'Kelly Ernst & Joyce, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Best Legal Billing Product!!

I've been working in Legal support for 20 years and have used a variety of legal billing programs..Hands down - this is THE BEST!!

Pros

Easy to learn/use; excellent customer service; makes billing clients a simple process; you can set up different commission percentages for each attorney for each client/matter - program automatically calculates commissions.; you can email invoice/statements directly to clients with one click. Save time and money with Timesolv!

Cons

Timesolv takes their customers feedback very seriously. There is very little I can say I like least with this program, as they have added/changed many things to accommodate us and other customers. Wish it had more invoice templates..that's about it

Anthony from Suiter Swantz IP

Good software, but wish there was an easier way to view entries

Pros

I like that TimeSolv is able to receive custom abbreviations and auto-fill from the abbreviations. This makes inputting entries much smoother and faster.

Cons

I have found it very difficult to search for entries and/or identify how much time has been billed on a particular matter. Doing so requires a custom report to be generated, which can be time consuming.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Replied July 2019

Thank you, Anthony, for the review. You should be able to easily search for entries at Time, Search. Please click 'More Options' (to the right of 'Reset'). There, you are able to quickly search by Timekeeper, Client-Matter, Status, and Billable Type. Please schedule a support session to learn more or visit https://help.timesolv.com/searching-for-a-time-entry/. Again, thank you.

Francisco from Francisco J Agraz, A Professional Corporation

Setting up LawPay to work with TimeSolv - a breeze, with great support person helping

It works and it is cloud based.

Pros

- Great value for the money, - Ease to use cloud access - because I often have to be at clients' locations and like to enter my time and costs while still on-site, - Totally usable interfaces for Time, Disbursements, and Invoicing. - But best of all, the ability to design different invoice templates, which - sadly - some of the new competing cloud systems that keep calling me to leave TimeSolv and use their system, just can't seem to have the ability for me to design different billing invoice templates - it's either "my invoice version, or the road" - they basically say. TimeSolv has always been able to allow me to design different templates for the different kinds of clients I have. And I have been using this for 6 years running.

Cons

Setting up clients and matters and "related parties," is a bit "clunky" but still usable. It's OK for me, for the clients I have, and the areas of law where I concentrate my practice.

Kristin from Lausten & Co., LLC

Billing Without the Hassle

I have tried many billing/practice management software available on the market. Some have so many features entering data becomes burdensome, and consistency in document naming, integration or data entry is difficult to maintain. Others have so few features they leave one wanting for more. TimeSolv is a "middle of the ground" solution that should prove relatively intuitive for new staff, and easily accessible for older attorneys transitioning from paper billing to electronic. Perhaps the best feature of TimeSolv is their customer service. TimeSolv resolved a technical issue I was experiencing within 24 hours, and on a weekend, to ensure I could promptly deliver invoices on a Monday. Having recently started my own firm, after years in the defense market, I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with too many customer service reps. TimeSolv's customer service experience was by far the most expedient, least painful of all the vendors I have been dealing with recently. I haven't had TimeSolv for very long, but if I don't experience ongoing technical issues, I will highly recommend the software to colleagues.

Pros

Relatively easy format for data entry, though the interface appears somewhat dated. Creating matters, time/expense entries and invoices is seamless, and the functionality is sufficient. TimeSolv meets my needs without proving so many options as to bog me down.

Cons

Although TimeSolv advertises unlimited data storage, there are per document data limits of 10mb. This is unfortunate, as most document dumps, medical records and discovery sets exceed this limit. Breaking up documents is feasible, but not preferential to maintaining the documents in their original form.

Gary from Clearly Clean Products, LLC

Industry: Packaging and Containers

In-House counsel at Small Company

Pros

I practiced for over 20 years at large and small law firms with various time-keeping software packages. When I became General Counsel at my current relatively small company, I considered those firm-centered software packages far too expensive to use to track my time internally. Fortunately, a friend suggested TimeSolv. After a month-long trial period, I was hooked. For a very reasonable price, the TimeSolv package allows me to easily and accurately track my time. Now when I or my stake-holders want to examine how I'm spending my time and how my company is distributing our legal resources, the answers are right at our fingertips. The many pre-formatted reports save me the trouble of defining output formats. Instead, I select one of the (well-designed) existing formats, push a few buttons, and -- boom! -- there it is. Frankly, I wish we'd had this software at some of my previous firms, it's so easy to use. It seems to do everything that I recall ever doing with other time-keeping packages, too. I recommend highly.

Cons

My foremost suggestion (a minor one) would be to have the iPhone-based app automatically update my account, rather than forcing me to push the "Synch" button to make that happen. This is a quibble, though.

Julie from All Land Law

Love this billing solution

I've been using TimeSolv since I started my own law practice over 5 years ago. My first day in my own office, I got a free 30-day subscription to Quick Books, but I found that it was not conducive to a law practice so I went online looking for something else. I was really glad I did because I found TimeSolv and I've been very happy with it. They include a 90-minute tutorial with a live person so you feel like you get started out on the right foot, then if you have questions, they are always available to help. For about the first year or so, I had to call every month when I was doing my invoices since there was usually something I hadn't done before so needed assistance, but they are always very nice about walking me through it. There's one thing I would change if I could, and that is that a bill gets automatically generated for a client every month until there is a zero balance, even if I added no billable time that particular month. I bill on the first of every month for the previous month, and if I send a client a bill that does not get fully paid off before the next bill goes out, and I haven't done any new work for that client that month, then a new bill doesn't automatically generate. However, I like to send out a bill every month just because I won't receive any further payments unless I do so. I have to "trick" the system into generating a bill by putting an expense on and then deleting it. This is a cumbersome solution so I would rather the system do it on its own. Other than that, though, the system is very user friendly and I have no complaints. Before going on my own, I was at a firm for 8 years and we had a bookkeeper to do all our invoices. When I went solo, I was a little apprehensive about having to do it all myself. Timesolv makes it very easy though, and I tell other lawyers about it all the time. Thanks for a great product!

Julie from All Land Law

Love this billing solution

Annette from Batts, Batts & Bell, L.L.P.

Wonderful Software

Our firm was using a dated billing system and time was being keyed by one individual, with billing only being run once a month. Now all timekeepers key their own time and we are able to bill "on the fly", which increases our monthly revenue.

Pros

TimeSolv's simplicity allowed our firm to be up and running in no time!

Cons

We have only been using the software for 2 1/2 months but we have not found anything that we truly dislike.

Ali from Kartal Law Firm

Excellent, discovering a new wonderful feature every day. My practice would not thrive without it.

Pros

It has features which makes time keeping and billing customizable down to the most minute detail, in an intuitive way. Reports keep me on top of everything, I sleep better thanks to Timesolv.

Cons

Could be even better if it was possible to record time and disbursements on a mobile or tablet. I bill in different currencies like EUR, Turkish Lira and GBP but there is no foreign currency support. This would add huge value to the application and open the door to international sales.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Replied July 2018

Hi Ali, thanks for your kind words! You can, in fact, record time on a mobile and tablet. You can also do disbursements on a tablet as that's the full-featured version of TimeSolv that you can run throuh a browser. Please contact support at 1.800.715.1284 with questions or assistance! Thanks

Amy from FGRB, PLLC

Make the switch!

Great team, great software! Very happy we made the switch to TimeSolv.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. Personal and professional and always available.

Cons

We are very happy with it! We like it!!

Tiann Stott, she was (and is) an amazing rep

Mark from Pollan Railroad Consulting, LLC

TimeSolv Software User

As a consultant and expert witness I bill by the hour and it was so easy to set up billing codes that my clients require. I am also able to create invoices in the LEDES1998B that my largest client requires.

Pros

It is easy to use and understand. It creates excellent invoices and reports that I can provide when requested. Receipts can be entered on my mobile phone while I'm on the go that saves time later.

Cons

All issues have been address by TimeSolv and fixed. I have no complaints at this time.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal

Easy of use and the ability to configure to my business.

Kathy from Willow Financial Consulting, Inc.

Not just for Legal Teams

The main issue we have solved with TimeSolv is with or Help Desk workers. They can easily time work for each project, we can have a quick view into total hours spent by each person any time of the day we want to see what's going on and who is not actually working right now.

Pros

I was worried about using TimeSolv because it seemed like it was for Legal Teams, however, I am very happy with it. It was easy to set up, easy for everyone to use including my contractors. My accountant was easily set up and can move everything to my QuikBooks without issue. Anytime we have a new project it's just a few clicks to set it up.

Cons

There really isn't much we could find wrong with this software for our application of it.

Brianna from Carlson SLS

Industry: Environmental Services

TimeSolv is saving precious billable time

Pros

TimeSolv is a great tool to keep track of your billable time. It is extremely user friends with many features that make entering your simple fast and simple. I was on other time entry systems previous and TimeSolv is by far my favorite! It has an app to help keep track of your time on the go!

Cons

I would love easier ways to see budget on the user side. I am not an admin so I really have to dig to find a report that provides a summary of what is left of a budget on a specific task.

Maryellen from First Impressions, Inc.

Best Support in the Business!

I love this company. They have taken my little consulting company into a much better professional place with the ability to capture, and bill for, ALL of my time spent on projects for each client!

Pros

This is a comprehensive program, which is amazing for the small cost. So there is a little bit of a learning curve for someone (like me!) who is slow to learn new computer programs. But the one-on-one support - actual telephone conversations with them looking at your screen and talking you through everything, answering your questions in real time, etc. - is the best! It is like having a free expert consultant to sit next to you and teach you! I honestly would pay much more for this software just because of the support, but since I work for non-profits, am very grateful that there is such a great company that provides this program and support for what I can actually afford. You won't regret this!

Cons

There is a learning curve to get started, especially if you have odd billing needs. However between the on-line written instructions, the one-on-one telephone support, and practice, it is not difficult at all. And the resulting invoices are absolutely beautiful!!!

Traci from Law Offices of Traci M. Hinden

Great product, used them since I started my firm 9 years ago

I love this company. They are very responsive and their product is very easy to use. If i make a mistake, they right there to help me. From the very beginning when it was just the original developer helping me even when he was all alone to the present with a full staff, they are very thorough and helpful. I have a boutique law firm and find their product very easy to use. They have all the insurance codes in the product and allow for you to enter more as i have some judges in specific departments that like their own categories for fee motions. I run bills monthly for all types of clients.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

None

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Replied January 2017

We love our customers. Your success is our passion.

Keller from Kline and Kline

Support

Pros

The program works very well. I hade used TimeSlips for over 15 years but when they switched their data base program it became very slow and their support staff could not fix the problem This if just the opposite of the support staff of TimeSolv. Every time I called, I received very good support. My calls were generated because I was still learning the program and needed help.

Cons

The program is very flexible and therefore there are a lot of different approaches to having the program work exactly as you wish. It just takes time to get it working they way you want but the good news is that the support staff will work with you to get it right.

Life saver

Pros

Very easy to use -- with the mobile app, there is no excuse for not reporting time. The best customer service ever. This software and the correlating service has saved me so much time and stress in getting my bills out timely. I wish I would have done it sooner.

Cons

So far, haven't found anything that I don't like.

Meghan from Chu, Ring & Hazel LLP

Easy to use product

Ease of use for time entry and invoicing. Typically connects well with Quickbooks.

Pros

The application is easy to use and very user friendly. Easy to change and adjust time and invoicing. Clients like the look of the invoices. Pretty intuitive even for those not familiar with the product. Works well with third party billing systems.

Cons

When something is not working it can take a lot of time to rectify it although that happens very rarely. I wish there were a few more report options specifically related to time keepers.

Eunge from Coane and Associates, PLLC

Extremely happy Timesolv users at our law firm

Our law firm uses Timesolv for all of our legal billing. I use Timesolv for our law firm to draft invoices, enter payments and expenses, and to create reports.

Pros

The best part about Timesolv is that it is web-based so it is easily accessible. Everyone at our law firm uses Timesolv on a daily basis and it is very easy to use, making it easily adaptable to first-time users.

Cons

Sometimes the Timesolv site is down or has glitches but thankfully, they are resolved fairly quickly, allowing us to get back to business.

Kari from Whitten Law Office

Legal Administrator

One of TimeSolv's biggest benefits is ease of access for our attorneys. They can input time anywhere they have an internet signal, 24/7.

Pros

I've worked with a number of legal billing programs, and TimeSolv is by far the most user friendly. It's easy entering new clients and matters, entering time and running reports, and when I do have questions, customer service reps know the answers and are always quick to respond.

Cons

Setting up and editing invoice templates can be slightly confusing.

Darrell from Zurovec pllc

I began using Timesolv Legal Billing when I started my own law firm in 2008. Never regretted it

Pros

Cons

I never experienced any significant cons. If I had to nit pick something, I would point out that Timesolv did not integrate with my accounting software and it was somewhat difficult to show retainer balances on invoices. However, those issues were not that important to me so I never really tried to work through them.

Mindy from Mindy Sirkis Consulting Inc.

Some of the best Timesolv Features

Pros

First and foremost whats most impressive is the customer service and the training literally on the phone. Their commitment is second to none that you learn the program. Whether one on one or weekly webinars on various features in the program. Conversion from various software is done in house with full guarantee of success. You can also opt for working through the conversions on your own with clear guidelines within their sample import files for the different areas you wish to bring over. One of the nicest features is if youre offline there is the time sync tool for mac or windows to keep track of your input and when theres an internet connection will sync Your entries up automatically. Additionally you can unfinalize bills from any period and when doing so will automatically correct the previous balance of the next bill that will need correction. Menus are clean and logical with tech support constantly working at enhancements and customer suggestions through their ideas portal. Pricing is per timekeeper with the admin staff not being counted or charged for logging in at the backend to do the billing chores. Both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks desktop are supported. I definitely recommend this cloud billing program for law firms and as the cloud will inevitably take over the server/client environment, TimeSolv is a great investment.

Cons

I was not able to customize the bill layout for my client as was necessary

August 2016

pete from praxidice

August 2016

A recent and permanent convert to TimeSolv

I just want to say that as a prior and long time subscriber to Time Slips, our recent conversion to TimeSolv has been AWESOME. What a breath of fresh air! Thanks for developing such a great product; we love it already and am sure we will continue to be impressed as we keep uncovering new features.

Pros

Where to start....we have purchased or demoed countless billing solutions in my firm's multi-year quest to find a better alternative to Time Slips (which we used for the past 12+ years). Clio, Amicus, Bill4Time, Cosmolex, firmcentral, cosmolex, Quickbooks, ebillity, mycase you name it, we tried it. Each had its own selling points, but none offered the whole package. Then we stumbled across TimeSolv. I can't believe we didn't switch to this software earlier. It is outstanding in every way and the simplicity of the user interface has led to ready adoption by everyone in the office and higher usage, and time capturing ratio, than we have ever experienced.

Cons

TimeSolv rocks'.there remain some features and deeper customization that I would love to see in future updates, but TimesSlv comes as close to meeting it as anything I've ever used though'they have a big fan here

Mary from Exall & Wood, PLLC

Very easy to learn and use.

Pros

This program is extremely easy to learn and use. The final invoices are easy to read and interpret, especially the trust accounting portion.

Cons

It does not integrate with my Quickbooks desktop. This makes it difficult because now we have to enter everything twice.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Replied March 2018

Hi Mary, thank you for this kind review. We wanted to let you know that we do in fact integrate with Quickbooks desktop! Please reach out to support at support@timesolv.com or 1.800.715.1284 and they'll help get you set up.

TONYA from ALBRITTON LAW OFFICE

Review for Timesolv

Pros

This software is so easy to use once you figure out where everything is located. It took me a few days to find everything. I remind you to take advantage of their videos. The videos help a lot.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that you have to pay for every time user. For example if three attorneys are going to keep time using the software than all three attorneys will need to pay for the program. Support Staff can not keep time since they are not paying to use the software. It would make it easier is there was a payment plan for a law firm instead of individuals.

Peter from Carlson Strategic Land Solutions

Industry: Environmental Services

Recommendation of TimeSolv

Pros

We have a small consulting firm and use TimeSolv for all of our time keeping and billing. It works great! We track time by client and by project. We create invoices. We sync with QuickBooks. It all works great. Also, customer support has been great, especially in the beginning when we were getting started. Highly recommended.

Cons

We had some bugs syncing with QB, but customer service helped work that out.

Andy from R. A. "Andy" Millar, PC

Industry: Law Practice

Ease of Use and Cost make this program Especially attractive for small law firms

Billing is so simple, just hit the invoicing key and transmit for all your invoices to get delivered by email. No stuffing envelopes and postage for over 90% of our clients!

Pros

I was billing in my first hour! TimeSolve assigns a personalized service tech to every new subscriber. She gets back to me in minutes to explain whatever issue I have had! Abbreviations spells out the mundane tasks of itemizing the bill for my clients.

Cons

It would be nice if there would be a"read me" process for learning the program, however, the program is so simple, I can teach a new secretary in 5 minutes.