All Workday HCM Reviews

Next Generation of HR

Danielle

Sporting Goods, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

"Workday is the best assistant Online for HR"

You may build and grow your corporation using Workday HCM. There is no limit to what can be done. Anyone in HR or a department head may simply access and obtain employee information using their user-friendly interface, whether it's for insight into their compensation or any other data you require. More significantly, it gives HR personnel the tools they need to do their jobs better, from adding new vacation entries to collecting lists of the most frequently utilized perks.

PROS

Payroll, vacation requests, time off, hiring, performance management, and much more are all made easier with Workday. For the most part, tasks are straightforward and intuitively organized. My dashboard displays the demands made by our personnel. To charge other business units for projects and hours, we may change things like pay rate, hours, department, and project id. Direct links to applicants' Facebook and Twitter pages and the ability to select candidates by a variety of criteria, including location, experience, and current position, are all strengths of the recruiting area.

CONS

A few tasks throughout the course of a typical workday might be perplexing. The "time off" tool, for example, may lead you to believe that it displays information about your own personal time off at work, but it actually displays information about the vacation time taken by your team. You have to enter another option to be able to appreciate your free time and it is usually confusing

Reasons for switching to Workday HCM

With Workday we feel more comfortable since the interface is very simple and all the staff who use it feel more comfortable when entering Human Resources online

Alan

Reviewed August 2023

Easy to use for employee self-service HR needs

I can easily complete HR-related self-service chores as an employee. It is simple to submit a request for time off or make an adjustment to my personal information.

PROS

Workday is the most effective tool for managing relationships with customers, allowing for simple monitoring of all interactions. It's the system we use for human resources, payroll, and a plethora of other employee-related tasks and records. One clear advantage of Workday is that it makes it easier for workers to make and be compensated for their own human resources decisions.

CONS

The learning curve may be steep for novice users, but once you've mastered it, it will make your day-to-day life easier. Every time I try to accomplish something significant, I end up making a mistake, and usually it's the system's fault, because it has so many unseen and arbitrary tripwires.

Reasons for switching to Workday HCM

Workday HCM has been a great help to our company. Problems with customer and supplier communication, as well as internal project management, can be resolved.

Asnath

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A Resourceful Human Capital Management System.

PROS

Workday HCM is a reliable tool for employees onboarding and recruiting process.It increases employees engagement.It is a reliable tool for monitoring and managing employees workforce.

CONS

Workday HCM tends to be slow when running multiple human resources activities at the same time.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Half-Baked Cake

I've used the Recruiting module for three years now, I can't help but wonder if the development team has involved an experienced recruiter when developing the module. I honestly don't think that Workday is ready to roll out to the market. If you are the decision maker consider buying this application, you really should include your recruiters' opinions.

PROS

The look and layout of the worklets are the only things I can praise about.

CONS

The business processes are too disconnected to count. The security level is so high up that a small change requires the product admin. (or whoever has the security level) to configure it at the backend. Pre-screening questionnaires must be pre-defined and pre-populated in the system - you can’t adjust the questions according to the requirements of each job at the time of Job Requisition creation. Trying to find a Job Requisition associated with a Position requires the skills of Sherlock Holmes. Recruiter receives many useless notifications and hiring managers receive many emails to a point of hysteria. Workday refreshes itself so frequently that recruiter can never leave their My Recruiting Jobs report on the screen longer than half-an-hour. Moreover, as soon as you click on any link on the My Recruiting Jobs report, any sorting/filtering will be lost. Customizing the columns of the Candidate Grid does not mean you can export it to Excel the same way you’ve arranged the columns. You can’t write comments as you read the resumes in the Candidate Grid - you have to go to individual application and write in the Activity Stream. Hiring managers can’t select and move multiple candidates at the Candidate Grid - can only move 1. You can’t use simple AND/OR with the filter feature at the Candidate Grid – can only search 1 word. When you search a specific name (i.e., Patel) in the Search Box, it spit out a list of names with no particular order; importantly, no filtering tools.

Lucy

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

I can't ask for more when handling payroll.This tool is smart.

Workday HCM has promoted productivity and general growth through great intelligence and dedication from the customer service. It is a must have tool.

PROS

In simple terms, Workday HCM is more than enough for me. I have enjoyed it's flexibility in usage, customization, integration and implementation too. There is reliable content out of its analytics. Automation is a great way to save time and improve productivity and accuracy. Workday HCM is an empowering tool.

CONS

None. I honestly find no cons for Workday HCM. It is working well for us.

Risorse

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

A Great Tool For HR Management

PROS

I have used the software it makes applicant tracking easy It also offers great HR features

CONS

I have not encountered challenges with Workday HCM

Lisa

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Best VMS for your Workday tasks

PROS

Workday VMS is a game-changer! The user-friendly interface makes it easy to switch between tasks and monitor consultant assignments. No more scrambling for missing information – everything's right at my fingertips, reducing my workload stress significantly.

CONS

All of the companies I work with won't use it :(

Rick

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Workday is good for Tracking Employee Time, Time-off Requests, Goals, & Achievements, and Training.

PROS

Easy of use to enter information into. I like how it links to Outlook also.

CONS

I'm not sure. I haven't used a lot of it's features yet.

Alfio

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Workday HCM Has Brilliant Features

PROS

I like the simplicity and ease of use of Workday HCM. Workday HCM has been a great payroll management solution.

CONS

For proper human capital management, Workday HCM is the best tool. No dislikes.

Reviewed May 2024

User-Friendly

I highly recommend Workday to all businesses. Its easy to check the input and output for reports, payroll and performance management.

PROS

It is very user-friendly, As an employee I can easily complete all my interactions. It's the system we use for payroll, human resources and other employee-related tasks.

CONS

It will make your day life easier and better. Workday HCM requires a bit of a learning curve. Sometimes I can't receive the code immediately.

Kyle

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great For HR, But Lacks For ATS

While nice to have one system of record for HR across the organization, Workday often lacks when it specifically comes to recruiting/ATS needs.

PROS

It's nice to have the ATS built into your HRIS functionality. Both systems can communicate between each other with relative ease. This can make it nice for employees to have a one-stop place for all things HR. Because external applicants/hires apply through Workday, there is an initial profile built that carries through after hired and onboarded.

CONS

The ATS functionality of Workday was clearly an afterthought to the HRIS function, and was created/bolted on after the fact. Because of this, it lacks the intuitiveness, functionality, and features of industry leading ATS's. Often times you have to edit and limit your workflows to what Workday can do, meaning it may not be the most efficient.Collecting data/metrics, especially when trying to break down to a micro level is very difficult, and sometimes impossible for what you're looking for. The data visualization also lacks far behind other ATS's.Employee referral tracking is a pretty bad experience. It actually creates more work, and makes it more difficult to hire and track referrals. We use a completely separate program for these.

Reason for choosing Workday HCM

Organization felt Workday offered the most comprehensive product to have one system of record for HR across the organization.

Reasons for switching to Workday HCM

Organization wanted all things HR under one system.

Patrick J

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Experienced Architect Required for Success

I have configured Workday daily, for the past 7 years. I have configured every module from payroll to benefits to recruiting and you'll be hard-pressed to find another Workday expert with as much experience as me.

PROS

Workday is the best HCM software in THE world. Nothing and I mean nothing is superior. We can argue about the competency of individual modules, especially payroll, but as a core HCM platform, no other software can compete. Anybody that says otherwise does not know what they're talking about. Anybody that complains about usability is probably not working with a quality Solutions Architect. To successfully implement and maintain this application, it is absolutely required that you employ at least one experienced, rockstar Solutions Architect. The application is expensive and is crucial that you fully leverage all of the technology that the app offers. Use its sophisticated features to optimize your HR department.

CONS

Workday knows that they have a real gem here. As a result, their attention to customer support has consistently declined as the popularity of the application has increased. Unless you're a major client oh, you're not going to get good customer support. What do I mean by a major client? I'm talking about the Google's the Facebook's the Adobe's, and even then, the support can leave something to be desired. And I'm speaking as someone who has worked at one of the aforementioned. An HR executive once told me that starting with work day was like being given the keys to a fancy new Ferrari but not even being shown how to start the car. Also, just because they work for workday doesn't mean they know what the hell they're talking about. The popularity has grown so has their staff. Obviously, some of these staff members are incompetent. I have experienced this firsthand and I assure you that it is frustrating when the so-called Workday SME is significantly less experienced than yourself. And this was at a time when I was fairly green. I have had to clean up confusingly complex convoluted implementations, after the fact. While I appreciate the job security, this is not a great way for any company to begin a relationship with their customer. We all know that a popular software can quickly be overtaken by a newer, better product. Workday is vulnerable here and somebody could exploit it.

Reason for choosing Workday HCM

We had the budget and the buy-in to procure the absolute best HCM product available in the market, and Workday is that product.

Amanda

Reviewed August 2023

All employee data and documents are secure

There were far too many overlapping databases. Our answer to reducing system complexity and utilization was to use Workday. In general, it has been useful in reducing instances of duplicate data.

PROS

Workday has so many features and capabilities that it has completely superseded a number of other programs. The ability to complete the entire hiring procedure during normal business hours was a welcome bonus. Employee records and other paperwork can be stored securely.

CONS

Not that I actively detest it, but locating specific products has always been a challenge. The former, in addition to a search that is occasionally sluggish and glitchy, can completely ruin my mood.

Reasons for switching to Workday HCM

I enjoy how well Workday works with other applications. It simplifies the process of managing data and its flow. For larger, expanding organizations, I can't suggest Workday enough.

Anthony

Reviewed December 2023

Workday Review

PROS

It is user friendly . The interface is clean and straight forward.

CONS

It was different than Peoplesoft. it took some time getting used to but then it was fine.

Reasons for switching to Workday HCM

Wanted to intergrate other functions such as supply chain and finance to use same system

Morgan

Human Resources, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2020

Workday for Recruitment

Overall the experience has been ok, but if you are looking for a true ATS this is not the answer unless you make some serious tweaks to the setup.

PROS

Ability to use as ATS as well as HR database and tie candidates to employee once hired and onboarded.

CONS

Inability to see candidates on Requisitions that are assigned to other recruiters / users within Workday.

Reasons for switching to Workday HCM

To have one system to use as an ATS as well as HR function.

Nolan

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2021

Workday HCM Review

I support a team that focuses primarily on data driven tasks, and within that world its' really import to step away from the numbers and the data and focus on what my employees are excelling at individually and see what challenges they are facing. I love that the employee is the one to input their goals and results, as that holds them accountable for any challenges they are facing. The email reminders are very helpful for both me and the team I support. It's a great tool that helps us connect and drive forward!

PROS

Workday HCM has been a big part of my employee success tracking since my organization made the switch. However, with my entire division switching to a remote / work from home model, it's been imperative to keeping my employees on track with their career development. Workday makes it simple and streamlined to create monthly, quarterly & annual goals for my team, and my favourite thing about the software is when an entry is needed or overdue from them, they receive a message to their inbox (so I don't have to send a ton of reminders - nobody likes doing that). On my end, I get updates regarding completion status of performance tracking, and I really like the transparency in terms of my employees receivng a notification when I have completed their forms on my end as well.

CONS

I find it a bit difficult to access previous performance reviews, and I somehow never get there on my first try when I try to access the previous quarters or months. If there was a much more obvious option on the dashboard that would make the Workday experience even better.

Company made the decision

Kayla

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Best HCM Option

Great HCM. By far the best I have worked with in my HR career.

PROS

Workday is not perfect, but it is the best HCM software that I have used. You can integrate almost every aspect of HR into one platform. The employee self service is easy to use.

CONS

It can be time consuming / a big lift to implement and deploy new modules within Workday, especially if you don't have a knowledgeable Workday team dedicated to the project. I have worked on small Workday implementation teams where we learned as we went along (it's painful) and I have worked with Workday consultants who do all of the work. I highly recommend hiring experts for the implementations. You are paying a lot for the software and want to make sure it is setup properly and getting the full value.

End user functionality

Reviewed August 2019

New HR Tool brings some challenges and benefits

MY organization switched over to Workday and I had the chance to use this tool for a while now. I'll say that it's a lot easier to pick up and the available info to learn it was easy to grasp as well.

PROS

You can pretty much find any HR related features/questions/information in one spot. I was able to consolidate my benefits options, PTO, reviews, in one spot. I also think that it's certainly more robust/ takes a lot less down time than our previous software. Besides that Workday comes with the standard user logins, password setup, online time-sheet, etc. that I expect. I really like the ability to edit my own info very fast. I can change things like benefits or dependencies quickly rather than going directly to my HR's office.

CONS

My one complaint is that I used to be able to directly edit some of my team member's info and reviews from our old platform on my own. I think whether it's due to lack of access rights or just how my HR department has set it up, I can't do that any longer. It's a more lengthy process of getting it manually updated from my end and through some parties outside my immediate department.

Soumi