All Sprout Social Reviews

Ashley

Public Relations and Communications, 1 employee

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2023

Quality software but overpriced for the everyday social media curator

Tara

Defense & Space, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Dashboard Metrics and Report Generation Make My Job Easy

I really like the customer service experience I've had here. I'm very new to YouTube from a marketing standpoint, and Sprout gave me a lot of resources to learn.

PROS

I work in marketing and report to professionals who don't have as much marketing expertise as me. Having a dashboard view of the social media statistics really helps me explain and analyze the significance of changes.

CONS

The software itself is tough to navigate. Things change around a lot, and that makes it difficult if you present metrics on screen share.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

It is the easiest option for me to generate reports.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Dashboard metrics, budget of company was significant enough to use it.

Reviewed March 2021

Makes Social Media Management so Easy!

It's been a great experience so far. They also have a great support team that you can work with to ensure that you're utilizing all of the platform features as best as you can. For teams who struggle to plan and manage their social accounts, I highly recommend Sprout Social. The platform also can help you uncover trends for future planning too!

PROS

No one has the time to sit there and individually schedule out social posts so that's where Sprout Social comes into play! We purchased this software to help us plan and manage our organic social media calendar easily. They also can integrate with paid ads, but that's not something we use it for. I love that you can see a calendar of upcoming posts so I can see if there are any gaps in our calendar. Sprout Social also has very robust reporting for each platform and it has allowed me to have deeper insights into how our accounts and posts are doing. It's been a big lifesaver. Prior to this, I would always forget to post so this has made it easier to make a plan!

CONS

The platform is kind of pricey, especially as you add on more licenses. You can't create any custom reports. However, they have a lot of robust reports so I imagine you don't need to. We haven't needed to yet.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

When I trialed HootSuite, the platform seemed more complex than Sprout Social and had less reporting capabilities at the time. I believe HootSuite might be a bit cheaper though

☞ Matt

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Worst decision we have made for a marketing platform

Terrible. One of the worst decisions we have made. Now that they are still charging us, we asked for support and they said they can only send articles and videos. Nobody can talk to us.

PROS

The "pros" didn't turn out to be pros at all. We wanted our clients to be able to use the link from Sprout and review posts. Turns out, they had trouble with it and never used it. Every other feature can be found in systems 1/10 the price.

CONS

They will not let me out of the contract. They auto-renewed me after a year for another year and we have since moved all our accounts elsewhere but they are still charging us $400/ month.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

One of the industry standards, but too pricey for us

it was great and I did not take long to understand all of the functionalities. Very simple to use and learn!

PROS

It was able to accomplish any of my social media management needs and were always some of the first to hit the market with updates when social pages release new API's.

CONS

There wasn't much I didn't like, but ultimately we could not agree on a pricepoint that made sense for my organization.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Great Social Tool to Manager Multiple Brands

For the most part gives us an all-in-one social media management and creation tool. Perfect for collaboration and the structure of permissions and approvals helps on a team level.

PROS

Allows us to collaborate across our team with members in different locations. Love the notifications and ability to respond directly to social posts within the app. The ability to email posts to certain non-users helps, and being able to tag content types makes organization easy. The including reporting is robust and provides enough information across multiple platforms to make good decisions. The single inbox is ideal and is the reason we continue to use the platform. It's great to know if something was handled and by which user and the sense of accomplishment is there once you clear your inbox.

CONS

The listening tools are a separate cost and for our brands becomes too expensive to commit to. Which it had more feature built in like other platforms to scour and collect keyword mentions across other platforms (not just social).

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Hootsuite is great, but not ideal when you need to manage multiple brands. Ended up having way too many feeds to make the platform user friendly. If users find it overwhelming they stop using it. Single inbox for the win.

Meredith

Reviewed April 2021

Sprout Social: If You Need to Increase Your Social Media Workload Efficiency

Overall, we're enjoying Sprout Social and the ability it gives us to manage all of our client accounts from one place. Our efficiency has increased exponentially after switching to Sprout and it's allowed us to take on more clients' social needs as an agency.

PROS

It is so nice to be able to have all of my clients' social profiles in one place! With Sprout Social, we're able to not only keep our clients' profiles together, we're able to schedule posts to all of their platforms in the same interface. I think the shining moment for Sprout Social is the Inbox feature, where you can respond and engage with your online social community right there in the Sprout interface. You want to talk about efficiency...our team was spending hours a day logging in and out of different profiles for a client, responding to comments, engaging with other users, etc. Then, they had to do the same thing for the rest of our clients! Having the ability to cut out that unnecessary time spent logging in and out has been a life saver.

CONS

Unfortunately, Sprout Social does NOT have the ability to schedule stories on Instagram. While they claim you can "schedule", it's actually a manual process. You can go ahead and create the story post and "schedule" it, but all that means is you'll get an alert to go manually post the story to your profile. This doesn't help increase efficiency and can actually distract from other work in the middle of the day when you have to stop what you're doing to go manually post.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Later was extremely finicky when it came to image sizes and the quality that would be posted. We just couldn't trust it anymore (or waste our time resizing every image for every platform).

Danielle

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Easily allows for teamwork

Overall, this is an easy-to-use tool that makes my daily work so much more manageable, and makes teamwork seamless.

PROS

One of the best features on Sprout is the ability to have multiple users create, review, and publish content. This has saved us a tremendous amount of time on our team. The user interface is really nice and accessible, and the features are all the essentials you would want in a scheduling tool plus some bonus features that I don't use often but are nice to have. Most of all, the reporting tool saves me a tremendous amount of time. It's customizable so you can quickly pull a report for a certain channel and window of time when needed.

CONS

When drafting content, sometimes it's difficult for tags to load or come through at all, especially with regards to Facebook. I also wish that you could customize the metadata on links in Sprout, with the same functionality of something like Yoast, so that your social person could swap out thumbnails quickly. I do have issues from time to time with what attachments are generated as well; depending on the order in which you insert links into the draft, it will pull different attachments. Sometimes you have to delete and re-insert links in the draft to get the right attachment. It would be better if Sprout added a section to choose the link you want to attach.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

Sprout has the best user interface and the most features. Reporting is also really nice and digestable.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Hootsuite wasn't serving our team and we were without a tool for a while. When I came into the role, I suggested Sprout for its reporting and drafting capabilities.

Reviewed July 2019

Great for Posting, Monitoring, and Analyzing Social Media

PROS

Sprout Social is the best solution I've found for managing all social media platforms from one site, including LinkedIn

CONS

It could be easier to respond to social media comments. For example, you can't "reply" to a comment, you can only add an additional comment on Facebook.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

HubSpot didn't support LinkedIn to the extent we needed.

Marie Jeanne

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Sprout social best social media management software.

Sprout social allowed me to optimize the customer relationship, and to be more visible on social networks.

PROS

What I liked the most about this software is the ability it gives us to be more present on social networks.

CONS

What I liked least about this software is that many are not interested in it yet and beginners find it difficult to immerse themselves.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

I have sprout social because it is an effective tool for my deployment on social networks.

Chetan

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed July 2021

Amazing Social Media Management Tool I have ever used!

It was a wonderful experience with the Sprout Social. We have made many automation campaigns which helped our consumers a lot with no manpower needed.

PROS

Sprout Social is the best tool for the social media management, and analytics as comparison to others.

CONS

It's the complete tool we have ever used. We liked the software a lot. It the best with quick analytics, and automations.

Reason for choosing Sprout Social

We have selected Sprout Social as comparison to others because we have have a great experience from it customer service, and we lot the functions and the deliverability.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

It's the best tool we have ever used as comparison to others.

Fahim Shahriar

Reviewed July 2022

Where business grows faster!

This enables users to control social media accounts with ease. The templates help to produce fast and effective content. This is a very helpful tool that ensures smooth workflow. If they reduce the price then it would be a very effective option indeed.

PROS

The template collections help creators to create contents very fast and smoothly. It lets users to monitor competitors which helps to design marketing campaigns accordingly. This helps the business reach to the top at a very high pace.

CONS

It is very expensive and their customer support is really bad. They literally ignore the problems reported to them. Which is very irritating. I hope they improve it soon.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

It was too expensive and their customer support team was really bad.

Reviewed November 2017

Best customer service in this category, hands down. Big win with launch of listening product.

People seek out social media software primarily for automation. But that doesn't solve the workflow and analytics issues that social media and community managers face. Sprout enables us to load content and art into the automation platform as drafts, submit for approval and then automate posting. We also need a competitive edge as an agency, and using this software with the ability to provide more robust analytics than what is provided in the native platforms is a huge win. The biggest improvement we've seen to social media tools in general came from the launch of the social listening tool. However, the pricing model is hindering us from being able to use it. Big bummer. And it can be fixed. We hope you will consider applying the agency model pricing structure that exists for all other functionalities to this particular function. It's essential for us to be able to incorporate it into our new biz process and the current cost structure is preventing us from doing so. Please help!

PROS

The agency model sold us. Big win to invite larger groups rather than paying by the "seat" as previous models and other services demand. The approval process and analytics go beyond what is available in the native platforms which is essential for business use. The social listening is what we've been waiting for--and will be instrumental in our relationship moving forward. With that said, there is a caveat, listed below.

CONS

The social listening is amazing. However, the sales model is seriously flawed. Our clients will not pay every month for each social listener. Moreover, our agency needs to use this as a way to earn new business. We have many pitches in process at any time and it's not feasible for us to pay every month per listener. As such, this amazing service is not available to us on the scale it needs to be. Please come up with a better pricing model so we can use and sell this service. As it stands now, only the really big agencies will be able to afford it. You need the mid-sized agencies like us (about 50 employees). Just like the agency model sold us by not having to pay by the seat, we can't pay per listener. If you made that available to us, say 3 listeners per client in our agency model, that would be a win. It would limit the number so you could up-sell in those cases where big companies want to listen for a lot of different indicators, but it wouldn't prohibit the broader use of the tool for the masses--which will drive significant growth. Additionally, this is a huge differentiator for your business. If you make it out of reach for most clients, you loose your edge. Help us. Help yourselves. Give us this tool! And give it to us in a way that our clients will pay for it.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2023

Premium Social Media Management Tool - Worth The Money (If You Can Afford It)

PROS

Their strength, by far, is the Smart Inbox, which is unparalleled and a time and life-saver for in-house marketers or agencies managing a large volume of social media accounts, or with huge volumes of inbound customer service inquiries. The suite of reports is second-to-none, with an extensive range of options across all of the major social media networks.

CONS

Sprout Social is hideously expensive. Seriously. However, if you can afford it, Sprout is one of the best all-around tools on the market. Their social listening, while "good", is a costly add-on and is limited compared to other providers like Brandwatch.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

Falcon had rude sales teams and the tool wasn't as flexible for reporting

Megan

Consumer Goods, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2023

Sprout social – automate all your social networks in one place

When it comes to publishing, Sprout stands out because it tailors unique settings to each platform. This means I get an immediate alert if an image is the wrong size or if I post it at the optimal time. The reporting features are also very clear and comprehesive, ready to be shared with team members without reformatting.

PROS

I've been using Sprout Social for a while now and it's been a good tool for managing our social media presence. The ease with which I can pre-schedule posts and preview them as they will appear natively on each platform is nice. What I find especially helful is the unified dashboard that allows me to view and respond to all comments, tags, and direct messages across multiple social media sites. The Smart Inbox feature is a huge time saver as it eliminates the need to log in to each platform individually.

CONS

A negative point is its cost, compared to other platforms that perform the same function, I consider it expensive, another negative point is the customer service, it is slow and it takes time for them to understand the problem, I think they need better training.

Cristina

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2023

Sprout Social, creates, measures, and analyzes social networks

All the tools it has are very useful, the customer service is good and it doesn't take long to respond, it's something remarkable since other similar platforms have very slow customer service. Its interface is intuitive, the menu is simple and the statistics are presented with easy-to-read graphs.

PROS

Sprout social It is a platform with many functions you can publish content from social networks, create engagement and above all see a detailed analysis of the statistics of your social networks, Sprout social is a platform that has come a long way, it is a combination of content manager and a tool data intelligence, you can see a clear picture of how your company's social media growth is, the number of fans, likes, comments, and sentiment analysis what it does through comments and certain keywords today with which it determines if it is positive or negative.

CONS

They need to add one of the main social networks, YouTube, many analyzes of all the users who are there are lost. Tik tok in my opinion is not well integrated, it lacks better synchronization with the posts, as well as with Instagram stories. And their prices are expensive compared to other social media management and analytics platforms.

Reasons for switching to Sprout Social

It has better integration, and more tools

Lori Ann

Reviewed April 2019

Sprout Social Expanded Tools and Metrics Reporting

Anytime I have had a technical issue (and there have only been a few in the past nine years) their customer support team was responsive, friendly and efficient at fixing the problem. Each member has their own dedicated account manager, which feels nice. Such a great company, and perfect tools for digital content management.

PROS

I have been using Sprout Social daily, since 2010 as a freelance marketing professional. I manage several B2B and B2C accounts, and had previously used Hootsuite. The dashboard in Sprout Social has every possible automation, scheduling feature and content research resource you could imagine. From social listening via #hashtag keywords, to suggestion content from over 30 industry specific niches. My clients love the metrics reports, and I love that I can brand them quickly and easily to my own agency. If you are a content marketer, you have to try Sprout Social. It has saved me well over 15 hours per week for more than nine years.

CONS

I wish they had an auto-scheduler for Instagram. Other software companies have specialized in scheduling posts for IG and IGTV, but this isn't available in Sprout Social. I think this is the only thing that is missing from this amazing software.

Eduardo

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Very helpful to measure brands growth and to create brands strategies

We've been working at the agency with the software by 2 years ago and is very useful. We like that in the same platform, we can respond messages, measure the brands growth and schedule the content every month. Features like keyword and tendencies help us to have a real time communication with our client's followers and to create fresh content.

PROS

I like the feature that the software allow me to view and respond received messages from different accounts in different platforms in one feed with the option to apply a filter and view only the messages received in the last 24 hours. This feature maintain the feed organized. Another great feature is the profile comparisson in the different platforms, which is very useful to measure the agency's clients growth. This feature help us to design and improve the brands strategies. Nowadays communication in real time is very important, so the twitter's keyword feature, allow us to listen what are our client's followers talking about in the web, so we can take this insights to generate fresh content that attend their needs and create a feeling of loyalty between the brands and them.

CONS

I don't like that sometimes there are errors with the platforms (Instagram mostly) that doesn't allow to publish the scheduled content. I don't like to do twice an activity that should be done only once.

Román