All dotloop Reviews

Tigran

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2022

Nice software for real estate deals

Heather

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

An essential for a real estate agents!

Excellent!!

PROS

The mobile app on this system allows me to create and share documents quickly and from anywhere. Documents auto fill with transaction information When opened and already has signature places assigned for buyers and sellers to sign. I can share to email or text a document to their phone for immediate signatures. The task lists and reminders are essential to my every day business. And activity log helps me track activities of lenders and other transaction parties so I can see if they view documents or when someone has signed. Push notifications from the mobile app let me know immediately when someone has signed a document so I can share it to the appropriate party. Messaging with in the app allows me to be able to keep all transaction emails messages and notes in one place. I can add pictures of deposit checks or scan multiple documents from my phone directly into the file.

CONS

I have to add an email for each roll including the opposite party which I don’t have access to

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Dotloop has so many possibilities & features that other systems do not offer and functions easily specifically on a mobile device!

Josh

Reviewed October 2019

Making Transaction Management Manageable

As mentioned above, Dotloop allowed our small team to transition away from paper-based processing to a fully digital solution. Our team was able to closer over 100 transactions per year with a single adminsitrative transaction coordinator thanks to its templates and task tracking systems.

PROS

Dotloop has a clean, intuitive interface (especially after their most recent design update). It helped our small team clear over a big hurdle of allowing our ops team to efficiently manage transactions while simultaneously allowing our agents to check on progress with as little friction as possible. Dotloop made it possible for our team to finally forego paper files and transact fully in the cloud.

CONS

Despite multiple attempts, our team never really trusted the more complex features of Dotloop (individual user permissioning in particular). Whether user or system error, we had several instances where non-team users were seeing notes, documents, or contact information they should not have seen. As a result, we used Dotloop for internal processing only, which means we had to look elsewhere for client-end solutions.

Reason for choosing dotloop

Dotloop came highly recommended by other brokers in our firm. In addition, Dotloop seemed (at the time) to be the most standalone product—the other options required us to change our workflow to fit their system, as opposed to their system conforming to our way of doing business. Dotloop was much more flexible in this regard.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Top Producer is an old piece of software, and the age showed around the time we switched to Dotloop in 2017. We attempted to use Top Producer's transaction management solution, but it just wasn't up to par with what Dotloop was offering (either in feature set or usability).

Juan

Reviewed May 2024

Why I cancelled my subscription

Excellent, fantastic, great for business

PROS

Everything about s good with this product

CONS

It doesn’t work with every broker, I just found that out

Aryn

Reviewed October 2023

My go to resource

I find the platform reliable and something i always am coming back to, to ensure my systems stay organized and up to date. And while I find there are some technical glitches I often am able to work through them.

PROS

I like that i am able to connect with my clients and share information quickly and efficiently. There are a multitude of well thought out features that have ensured efficiency and ease of use.

CONS

When working on documents, oftentimes it jumps back to the first page for no reason, after clicking on a text box or signature. I also occasionally have trouble sharing multiple documents with people because some documents have been shared with a limited group. I dont think that should hinder my ability to share a selected group of documents at once.

Donald

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Dotloop, the better option

PROS

Dotloop takes the extra step in organizing your documents under different "Loops." This helps you stay on task and creates more organization. Plus, they now sync with the MLS.

CONS

Sometimes, clients have trouble finding the email to E-sign because it goes to their SPAM folder. So you just have to give your clients the heads up to look there.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

More organization and still very easy to use.

Vicki

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Dotloop pricing strategy is missing huge market potential.

Overall, dotloop has a much easier learning curve and fits my needs much greater than other options, particularly with in host signing for older clients. It is easy for clients to figure out esignatures and walks them through it thoroughly.

PROS

This software is the most user friendly that I have found for real estate transactions. It offers in host signing which I use all the time. It is so easy to review history and see where I am in the middle of negotiations.

CONS

The pricing strategy is either free or $300. There are so many agent that do not need unlimited transactions. A lower priced option for a limited number of transactions is needed. I help many newer agents that love this software but can't justify $300 when they may only do 20 transactions per year.

Reason for choosing dotloop

I like dotloop better as it is easy interaction and very user friendly, for both client and myself.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

I was told that Dotloop had a program for a limited number of loops at less than $300. That is incorrect or I may not have switched.

DAwn

Reviewed November 2023

Use dotloop for all your e-Signings

Being a post closer in a title company, this app has saved me time, and re-signing fees. It is so simple and easy to use, very very user friendly, and I don't have to explain how to use it on the other end. My clients love dotloop compared to other apps out there. I highly recommend this product and could not work one single day without it!

PROS

It's so simple to set up, manage and send. You just add the person that needs to sign, or receive a copy, drag and drop the document, click on what needs to be completed, and you're done.

CONS

I did not find anything I didn't like about dotloop.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Ease of use. Less complicated and more user friendly

Maria

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

VERY USER FRIENDLY. WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT AND USE OUT OF IT WILL SHOW

I USE THIS WEEKLY WITH ALL MY CLIENTS AND THEIR REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS. I HAVE USED ANOTHER PRGRAM AND IT IS NOT AT ALL ORGANIZED AND HAS TOO MANY STEPS TO GET THE CONTRACT SIGNED AND THEN TO ADMIN FOR REVIEW. DOTLOOP MAKES THE WHOLE PROCESS SMOOTHER.

PROS

THE FLOW OF THE ASSIGNED FIELDS ARE EASY FOR THE CLIENT TO SIGN. SAVES THE CLIENT TIME AND HAPPY TO USE IT. THE USER PUTS IN ALL THE INFO AT THE BEGINNING HELPS THE AUTO FILL TO HAVE EVERYTHING CORRECT SAVING TIME TO COMPLETE.

CONS

WHEN SIGNEES ARE ABLE TO SIGN PASS THE PART THEY NEED TO SIGN. USUALLLY USER INOUT IS THE REASON OR SIGNEE IS CLICKING THE TAB INCORRECTLY. I DO NOT THINK IT IS DOTLOOP, I THINK IT IS HUMAN ERROR.

COMPANY DECISION NOT MINE. I AM GLAD THEY SWITCHED

Anuj

Reviewed November 2023

Dootloop FTW!

Overall experience has been phenomenal. My company offers other signing software for free but I'd rather pay for Dotloop. That says a lot!

PROS

I like how you can manage multiple projects within Dotloop. I also like how you can handle multiple documents organized within a project. It's been essential for my real estate business

CONS

Logging in! I always forget my password. Lol, honestly, there isn't much to dislike about Dotloop.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Pricing & Project Management are better with Dotloop.

Marnie J

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Dotloop makes my job easier!

Excellent would highly recommend.

PROS

Ease and security. Easy communication and collaboration.

CONS

Mobile app can be a bit difficult but works in a pinch.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

My company made the decision, but it was very welcomed!

Jenifer

Reviewed May 2021

Love it but don't like that Zillow owns it :(

It's been great other than the Zillow buyout.

PROS

I love almost everything about it - there are quite a few features that would be nice to add, but overall it's my favorite

CONS

The thing I like least is that Zillow owns it now. Everyone in my company is leaving DotLoop because of the conflict of interest and the way Zillow has stabbed us in the back as agents. Concerned that our customer's data is no longer private and they are discouraging our clients from using us as professionals. For that reason, I don't know how long I will stay with it. :(

Reason for choosing dotloop

Brokerage provided it to us.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Keller Williams was providing it to all of their 100,000+ agents until Zillow bought it.

Jessica

Reviewed December 2020

Keeping me and my clients in the loop!

Of all the real estate technology, software, tools, apps available and there are thousands I’m sure, Dotloop is by far my most important tool as a real estate agent. When I first started my real estate career I literally had no idea what documents I needed to complete. My brokerage offered dotloop to all its agents. So I added my first loop, selected the option for residential seller, and voila—all the forms that I needed to have complete were right there in front of me. Had I not had dotloop, I would not have been able to complete that first deal on my own. I had never been shown what paperwork was needed. And it was so easy to use. Everything I needed was right there and so easy to use. I have since changed brokerages and dotloop made the swap super easy. I’m a bit of a tech geek and want to know all the features a software provides. So I always check for user manuals. And I loved that they offer a PDF manual. I later learned about the Certified Looper Course. I enrolled and completed the course and received my certification. The tips and tricks I learned in this course had saved me countless hours managing my transactions. I can’t say enough good things about this software. It’s my most important tool.

PROS

Most liked features include: Ease of use for user and their clients; secure; ability to add new interactive forms; export client contact information; integration with Zillow, Gmail, etc.; Co-Op docs; AUTOFILL;

CONS

A feature that I would like to see added is within each loop you have a calendar tab that you can select. Once selected you see 3 full calendar months- the entire current months calendar, previous month and following month. You can toggle back to previous months or ahead to future months. The calendar shows all the key dates related to that loop both past and present. It pulls all the key dates from all the forms within the loop to give you a birds eye view of deadlines, expirations, etc. For example, a buyer loop would show the date offer was made, offer expiration date and time, offer accepted date, inspection period from start day to final day, anticipated closing date, financing contingency dates, extension periods, final walkthru date, Date of appraisal, Warranty start and end dates, etc. The system would provide you and your client with email and or text alerts for upcoming or expired dates. One click and you see a 3 month view of all the key dates for that loop.

Broker offered Dotloop.

mark

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Dotloop the best document/signature tool avaiable

Best signature/document file system available. The technical department is always quick to respond and correct any issues that arise. We have only had one instance of downtime and it was resolved within an hour and there was a workaround provided so we did not have to wait totake care of our business.

PROS

Loops and sharing make this tool a must have for every real estate professional. The ability to collaborate with multiple clients and peers is amazing.

CONS

template editing should be easier to set up on the client side, but the team at dotloop does a great job setting up your documents.

Reason for choosing dotloop

Ease of use and implementation

Martine

Reviewed October 2020

Use it everday

I have found dotloop pretty easy to use. I appreciate having templates at my fingertips and that I can create folders within each file to keep documents sets separated and me, better organized.

PROS

Dotloop has made this realtors life a little easier in being able to access all the templates I need for my mls system. Every form I could need is readily available and for the most part, my clients have found it easy to navigate.

CONS

Titles on templates - I would like it if the title popped out as I scrolled over them. Sometimes the only way I can find a specific addendum that I don't regularly use is by adding it to my file so I can see the full name of the document (and then archiving the unused documents afterwards). Also, on some documents the signing portion is automatically filled in and I don't want it to be (the Radon response is automatically set up so the client can sign every line, this has caused problems if I miss removing one - I don't know if this is something that's been set up by my mls or dotloop has done automatically though).

Hi Martine, thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on dotloop, especially the area where you'd like to see improvement around titles on templates and the signing portion. I'll relay your feedback to our product team. Thanks again! Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Replied October 2020

Shelia

Reviewed November 2019

DOTLOOP REVIEW

Great to use and easy to use. I Love I can set up my own groups for forms such as listing folder and buyer folder and all the docs are right there that I need for a transaction. I love that I can attach PDF files to send to folks who are not in the system.

PROS

I like the ease of use and how the forms autopopulate. I like that when a client signs it automatically comes back to me in the system and I am notified.

CONS

It is great system and I would not change anything as it has worked out very well for myself and my clients.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

This is easier to use for my clients

Hi Shelia, thank you so much for taking the time to share why you like using dotloop to get your real estate deals done!

Replied November 2019

Peggy

Reviewed April 2021

DotLoop - the user friendly software that everyone can use!

As a busy, independent real estate agent, I need a product that’s easy to use for both me and my clients. When Keller Williams changed to a different product (which they provide to their agents at no charge), I opted to continue to use Dotloop at my own expense. In real estate, time is money and continuing to use Dotloop was definitely worth it to me!

PROS

Dotloop is extremely easy to use! There are templates that you select from and the system will automatically fill those documents in for you using the basic info you inputted (you input the info once and the system takes it from there). It allows you to track the documents, let’s you see when a client has viewed the document and even notifies you once they’ve signed. You can download, print and share those documents with other agents, title companies and clients. Great value for the busy real estate professional!

CONS

Because Keller Williams has moved to a different product, the KW forms are not updated in Dotloop so I have to be mindful to use the most current document which I store separately on my hard drive.

Sibrena "Bre"

Reviewed October 2020

Dotloop Review

I was first introduced to Dotloop about 6 years ago. It has helped streamline the listing and sales process for our agents tremendously . Having the ability to allow people to view and sign document via the internet is such a time and deal saver. Can't imagine doing business without it!

PROS

Ease of use and ability to use anywhere.

CONS

It tends to be a bit slow at times opening loops and folders.

Hi Sibrena - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on dotloop. We're excited to hear that dotloop has helped streamline the listing and sales process for your agents. Best, Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Replied October 2020