All TOP PRODUCER Reviews

Orly

Real Estate, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2022

Top Producer is a foundational product in real estate needed by all realtors

Arielle

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Excellent Real Estate CRM

A great program for the price and really provides a lot of helpful features

PROS

Top Producer is a great CRM that can link to your listings, automatically email clients, set client anniversary dates & touches, just an overall excellent CRM to help with transactions

CONS

The interface seemed a little difficult to learn at first and the set up was a little strenuous however it became the most used platform we've ever had

Reason for choosing TOP PRODUCER

Top producer had many more features to handle a large client base

Thank you for your feedback Arielle! We appreciate being a part of your business !

Replied October 2020

Ryan

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Great for large brokerages, terrible for end users

I did not like it at all. I was never a fan the more I learned, and the more I got frustrated with the overdone workings of it. Too many steps for simple tasks. It is too time consuming to use, and discourages follow up with clients, when the CRM software is the burden.

PROS

It is a tried and true platform for brokerages and teams to track deals, clients, and every aspect of the business. it can do a lot, and I mean a LOT. This is the industry standard software that has been around for ages in Real Estate.

CONS

It is severely outdated. It is cumbersome, not easy to navigate, and just clunky. Its a step above an old DOS system that has been modified to work in windows. Its behind the times, and difficult for end users that, especially if they are not very tech savvy, to use and operate. Deals and clients seem to get lost in the mist, its hard to know what way is up.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Brokerage wanted to use this software. I hated every minute of it.

Terrilyn

Real Estate, 1 employee

Growing CRM

PROS

For as long as I have been using it, it functions and helps me maintain my clients. I am growing each time I use it and learning more about the functions it has to help me grow my business

CONS

I wish you could change the contact status of multiple clients at the same time instead of 1 by 1.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

Downsized my team and strategy and cost of that product did not fit my current needs.

Reviewed October 2022

TP's primary concern is locking agents into 12 month contracts before all else.

I had every intention of notifying TP that I would be continuing on within my 30 days. However I got super busy that last week and just spaced making the call on Friday while I was running around with clients. I realized over the weekend I was supposed to call, so called on Monday to notify them of my cancellation. To my absolute disbelief they would not accept my notice at 33 days. I was forced to pay them $85 a month for the next 11 months even though I did not use the platform. I was beyond angry. 12 month software as a service contracts are total b.s. and exist to benefit the vendor and the vendor only. They could point to the fine print and say it was their right not to cancel. Not an agent-centric company and the platform is mediocre.

PROS

This was my second go around with TP with a 10-year break in between. I noticed that they had finally revamped the platform and it appeared to meet modern crm standards for agent needs. They were still requiring a 12 month commitment, which is just nuts these days, especially when putting a new app through the paces.

CONS

They did tell me I could cancel within 30 days if needed, which was good to hear. However, I realized at the end of three weeks the platform was not for me due to the lack of two-way texting functionality and the out of area number they provided for the one way text. Also, the Market Snapshots had terrible deliverability.

Hi Mark, thank you for taking the time to let us know, and we are sorry for the experience you've had. We understand that things happen as a busy real estate agent. I wasn't able to locate your record without a last name, so if you'd like, please reply to this response and I will have somone contact you to see what we can do to help. And regarding the other concerns you mentioned, we just released an upgrade for Market Snapshot that doubles and triples deliverability. The branded market reports are now sent through agents' email accounts, which dramatically improves deliverability. Regarding texting, two-way texting is available. And you are assigned a free Top Producer® phone number for your local market area. Any text messages you send from Top Producer® will come from this number. Any replies or calls back to that number will be routed to your cell phone. If the number you were assigned was out of area, we could change that for you.

Replied November 2022

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Top Producer X

Excellent. Easy to use and tech support is available and competent.

PROS

Technical Support. Keller Williams installed the Command CRM about 3 years ago. Main reason I left is the lack of available technical support.

CONS

No significant shortcomings. I like the overall product.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

I did not switch from any of the listed products but I had to pick one so I did. I switched from the Keller Willams in house CRM. Lack of support and short comings in the overall program.

Reviewed July 2022

Constellation R/E Group Destroyed Top Producer

Great for 20yrs but completely ruined in the span of about 7 months. They have completely derailed our systems, lost our data and cost us a lot of additional dollars and headaches.

PROS

Originally it was highly customizable and worked great for decades. Constellation Real Estate Group purchased the system and botched the data transfer. They lost all of you historical communication email and letter templates and were unapologetic about how much this cost my team to recreate. Then to top it off they doubled their prices.

CONS

it is down all the time and the keep scaling back the features to try to get you to sign up for their new system which is a Joke!

Reason for choosing TOP PRODUCER

We when with TP over 20 years ago and are now looking for alternatives as it is no longer a viable system and overly expensive - Constellation also owner Market Leader so that is probably in the same boat.

Denise

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Happy Customer for years

PROS

I have been using Top Producer daily for over 15years

CONS

That you do not support an email system. It use to be seamless

Reason for choosing TOP PRODUCER

My comfort with using Top Producer daily.

Melissa

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Top Producer/Smart Targeting

Terrible. I am trying to cancel, but they want me to pay additional money to do so.

PROS

Seemed like easy setup, but ended up being not so easy due to system changes that have glitches.

CONS

Customer service is poor. They promise fixes and updates, but fail to provide either. Yet, they still charge full price every month.

Reason for choosing TOP PRODUCER

I didn’t. I used multiple and found the others to have higher ROI.

Hi Melissa, sorry to hear you weren't happy with your experience. Customer service and ongoing product development are top priorities and something we put a lot of effort and attention towards. We are sorry if your experience didn't reflect this. We are currently investigating your situation to see if there's anything we can to do improve. Please contact us to see how we can help further.

Replied December 2023

Brian

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

My take on Top Producer

Overall, I enjoyed using Top Producer. The biggest hurdle is getting team members to use the software.

PROS

I enjoyed using Top Producer as a team leader. I was able to distribute leads to team members & could see their notes with the client.

CONS

It's not really a "con", but Top Producer has SO MUCH content (emails, drip campaigns, etc) baked in to the software, that it can seem overwhelming to an agent (especially a NEW agent).

Reason for choosing TOP PRODUCER

Team functions were a must for us when we purchased Top Producer.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Real Estate Agent User for 20+ years

Been using it for 20 years, so it meet most of my needs. Bottom line, I use it.

PROS

Pretty user friendly. Support has always been pretty good.

CONS

No pre-prepared action plans with updated content. Have to create your own.

lynda

Reviewed April 2024

Helpful chat support with Ameena

PROS

Love the chat support, like the database

CONS

dont know how to use much of it's functions--doesnt seem too intuative

Luke

Why I love TP!

Great customer care for years. After shopping and working with many other platforms it felt great to have people at customer care that I literally know by name and can trust. I was being passed along from one intern to the next with the other platforms. Listen, at the end of the day I want the best for my clients. Top Producer is the best I have found and gets the job done!

PROS

Customer care is the best! Easy to use. And the best "team" compatability that I have found in a crm. I'm fresh out of shopping all the top brands and systems out there too! Literally invested over 10k trying other systems in 2023 and have found Top Producer is the best for my team. Team task sharing, and seaching and sorting lists for my database is so easy!

CONS

It didn't seem to be as cool looking as some of the new products out there. I did fall for the idx feature within the crm being awesome...and I still think that is a cool feature that other programs do have. But if the basic functionality of a crm cannot happen as well as Top Producer, I can't fall for the fluff and risk giving up top producer features.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

I was with Top producer for years. Thought KvCore was the ticket. Invested 1 year of my time and money to learn it was not a fit for my team.

Stephanie

Reviewed November 2019

Top Producer in real estate

Our experience has been good overall. The customer service is terrific! What I love most about customer service is the clock to chat feature. Agents are always ready and able to answer my questions.

PROS

It is very robust! I love the way you can add tons of information about a contact. I also really appreciate the “Coach”. It reminds me to be in contact with 5 new people every day based on parameters I set up for different contact types. I also like how easy it is to send an email to select contact types making it even easier to stay top of mind.

CONS

The thing I dislike most is the way that contacts have to be entered when there is a household of two or more. For example, I help a husband and wife list and sell their home and buy a new one. I am normally working with both parties throughout the process and build a relationship with both. Unfortunately, Top Producer requires two individual records of I want both individuals to be included in the Coach feature, market snapshot and other very powerful tools. On the other hand, by creating two contact records for the same household, I have the risk of duplicates when sending a mailing. Plus that means there are two records to update with changes and notes.

Reason for choosing TOP PRODUCER

MoxyWorks was a benefit provided through my broker. I wanted my data and records to be fully portable if I chose to leave my company - which ultimately I did!

Thank you Stephanie for your feedback! We're happy to be a part of your business. Our next generation CRM is currently in beta, you can save multiple phone numbers and emails under one contact. You can check it out using your username and password here : https://CRM.topproducer.com.

Replied January 2020

Brandon

Reviewed May 2022

Abandon ware, purchased by a new company and abandoned

Horrible, I hate this software, what used to be a somewhat decent CRM is now being harvested for what is left. Look elsewhere CRM's are cheap this is a rip off.

PROS

nothing, the only redeemable feature was the calendar sharing, however google calendar integration broke and they have not bothered to fix it. Their calendar app is garbage, adding appointments in is the equivalent of nails on a chalk board, using it absolutely sucks!

CONS

Expensive, outdated and abandoned by it new owners. Customer service can take from 1-3 days to get back to you, their new platform has again been abandoned since their bread and butter is their 1990 8I platform, witch has some decent legacy features like label making but who knows when that breaks and gets left behind too.

We're sorry for the recent troubles with Top Producer Classic (8i) and would like to assure you that we are not abandoning either platform - Top Producer Classic (8i) or our next-gen CRM, Top Producer X. Our team has actually grown since the acquisition. The issues with Top Producer Classic (8i) were caused by the separation of Top Producer from our previous parent company. This was a one-time migration event and does not reflect our commitment to our customers. During this time, our Customer Care team was busy, but we have since resolved these issues and have reduced wait times down to < 1 minute on average. And now that the migration is complete, we are able to focus on our next-gen CRM, Top Producer X, and developing the tools agents need to be successful today. The team is always ready and willing to help in any way we can. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

Replied May 2022

Sheryl

Reviewed March 2022

Realtor, Broker Associate

I have not switched to another product, as I am waiting for them to get me back all of my client information & plans.

PROS

The product was fairly easy to use and was online, so you could access it from various different equipment.

CONS

The support, the crashes, they lost all of my email & letter plans that I had set up, they lost all of my contacts, they did not post that they had issues and you could not get a hold of anyone via chat, email, phone, etc. Totally a nightmare. They are trying to get back my letter & email plans, but have no idea of when that will happen, they said they would give me new ones, but have not and I would have to set them all up. All of my past clients that I had for 30 years, lost all of their plans. I could not do net sheets, once I had an offer accepted, buyers & sellers did not get their reminders. It has been over a month of hell and they compensated me 1 free month for my troubles. RUN AWAY!

We're sorry for the recent troubles with Top Producer 8i CRM caused by the separation of Top Producer from our previous parent company. This was a one-time migration event and does not reflect our commitment to our customers. We'd like to assure you that no contacts, notes or transactions were corrupted or lost; they are stored in a separate secure database. And our team is always ready and willing to help in any way we can. The team is available via live chat Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4pm Pacific. Please let us know how we can help.

Replied March 2022

Frances

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

The BEST CRM ever!

PROS

Top Producer is easy to use - and you can't "lose" clients when you have input their date correctly. I have been using this for 23 plus years. They continue to make improvements and their support has ALWAYS been the best. I love the chat box - very quick and efficient.

CONS

During the changeover from TP8i to TPX, I lost a lot of data - lost a huge library of letters and emails. However I did not lose any contacts or any of the info pertaining to sales. As far as emails, since I use gmail, those emails could still be retrieved if needed. The library of letters lost were the ones I was not consistently using.

Reasons for switching to TOP PRODUCER

I tried Boomtown for about a year. During this time I continued with Top Producer. The cost for Boomtown was ridiculously high and it did not do all that TP did for us. So I quite using Boomtown and continued with TP. I used BT during the time that TP was going through a change. I returned to TP because it has served me well for 23 plus years.

Tammy