All Yardi Breeze Reviews

Jon

Accounting, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

Yardi Breeze Review: Your Number 1 Option for Property Management!

Jocelyn

Yardi Breeze is a Breeze

I really like the Yardi Breeze program; it is very intuitive and organized.

PROS

The chat feature has always been a plus; my last software I had to pay every time I had a question! This year my favorite thing is the AP PayScan. It has saved so much time in our invoice processing system, it would never go back to the old ways of doing things!

CONS

The help portion of the program has so much information, but sometimes I can't locate what I need. Also, sometimes, one little thing is "marked/off" and then I can't get something to work and I need to call for help. The helpdesk is great when you can use the chat feature.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

I saw Yardi reports from another real estate company and I thought "that is what I want to use" plus they could transfer our information from Skyline and meet our goal of a quick transition.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Skyline was difficult to use and expensive when I needed help.

Smart Chick Megan

I love Yardi Breeze!

My overall experience is great! I love everything about the software and feel incredibly lucky as a small operator to not have to settle for bad software while we grow. Yardi was there for unit 1 and they will be my ride or die software for unit 1,000 and beyond.

PROS

I love how easy the platform is to use and the support we get from chat. I talk to chat all the time and they are friendly, efficient and helpful every time. It's powerful!

CONS

Adding an application or roommate to an existing profile can be cumbersome.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

Yardi greeted us with open arms when all the others shut the door and told us to contact them when we were bigger. It stung and Yardi has never made us feel small, or insignificant.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

I didn't feel confident in the security of the platform, the accounting was non existent and I knew there was better out there.

Cathryn

Reviewed April 2024

PROS

- User friendly interface - Availability of customer support - Wide range of functions available - payment processing is stellar

CONS

- Electronic signature of documents not available - Tenant screening too expensive - marketing does not integrate with regional MLS / real estate board, no co-operation with realtors (best to have a realtor/broker portal for marketing) - no open API for add on functions

Kamil

Reviewed March 2024

I wanted to like this product...

My initial decision to go with Yardi was because the seller told me about a new feature that would allow data transfer from Buildium to Yardi in a single click. They said that this seller doesn't work for Yardi anymore. Unfortunately, I discovered 3 months later that this feature did not exist, necessitating manual data transfer. This process was not only time-consuming, taking approximately 30 hours for just a third of the data, but also costly, with an additional 60 hours estimated to complete the task, amounting to an extra +$1000. Despite the misleading information from the seller, Yardi refused to offer a refund for the remaining months. I do understand, as I signed the contract, but I still find this unfair as I was lied to get that contract signed. Ultimately, I have decided to return to Buildium, which, following recent updates, offers superior software with more features compared to Yardi, for a cheaper price!

PROS

This software is Canadian and offers a faster payment process for tenants and owners when they use one of Canada's five major banks.

CONS

- The lack of an open API is a significant drawback, especially given the product's high pricing. - The contract can only be canceled in the first month, yet fully testing the software within this period is impractical. It took 3 months to set up payments, tenant screening, and other features, making it impossible to evaluate the software's full capabilities fairly. - The user interface is not intuitive. For instance, deleting a property requires navigating to a special option within the admin toolbox rather than allowing direct deletion from the property list. Extensive training from Yardi staff is necessary to navigate the system, which is a challenge even for someone with my technology proficiency. - The phone application does not support adding notes to a unit, such as door keypad or keybox codes. - Tenant screening functionality is basic, requiring manual entry by my staff. In contrast, platforms like Singlekey offer advanced features, enabling tenants to input their information directly and pay for their screening seamlessly.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

I went back to Buildium as finally it's a much better software than Yardi Breeze, for a cheaper price!

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

I wanted to have a Canadian software as we are a Canadian company, and faster payment process.

SHAILESH

Review after implementing it for 3 years

PROS

Ease of use. very effective rent roll and payment processing.

CONS

Financial reporting could be better. We need more customized reporting tools like columnar trial balance for multi properties.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

Cost effectiveness. Voyager is very expensive.

QB is not designed for Real estate & property management

Sherri

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

My Review

PROS

I like how easy it is to set up your lease information so that monthly rent/CAM invoices are very easy to create and distribute to tenants.

CONS

I wish that when you opened a data entry screen, that your cursor would automatically show up in the first data box without having to click everytime. I like keyboard shortcuts so all the transitioning to the mouse feels like wasted time. I would have like better options for how to organize attachments. Data folders to use rather than trying to figure out a system of naming everything would be helpful. We really didn't receive any training on Breeze when it was originally implemented. I feel like there are many features that I don't even know about because so many things weren't explained. It was initiation by fire.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We needed something more industry specific so that it could better meet our needs

Reviewed February 2024

Great Product - still a work in progress

We are quite satisfied with Yardi Breeze and always look forward to the updates to make this an even better product!!

PROS

It is a comprehensive program that allows us to synchronize our property management, administration and accounting functions together. We have gained efficiencies throughout the organization. In addition, as a user of many of Yardi's platforms, Breeze is easy to use and is quite user friendly.

CONS

While using the product there are a number of glitches/processes that need to be improved upon. The check scanning App doesn't work for Canadian bank accounts and we cannot use it. In addition, remittance advice on EFT payments is missing information like the invoice number and some other areas can be improved. For the reporting, the Tenant code is not on any of the reports.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We were looking for a software which integrates many areas of property management and automates our processes for greater efficiencies.

Randall

Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Commercial Real Estate Necessity

I have been using 2+ years and have been pleased with the software.

PROS

The software is very user friendly and has a nice user interface. It is a complete software package for the real estate industry with all the necessary tools in one place: Accounting, Lease Management, Tenant Communication.

CONS

There are certain features that could be improved based on other software available. Re-applying cash receipts could be improved. The ability to have more fields available for true mail merge communication with tenants would be awesome.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We needed a real estate specific software solution to run our business.

Joanne

Breeze Review

My overall experience with Yardi Breeze has been positive. Yardi Breeze is quite easy to use.

PROS

What I most like about Yardi Breeze is the ease of adding information, payments, emailing directly from the customer's account.

CONS

What I like least about Yardi Breeze is the inconsistency of some results.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We made the switch to Yardi Breeze because Yardi Store is no longer an option.

Lindsey

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

YARDI Breeze was the best decision I made.

I am very happy with my purchase of YARDI Breeze and would choose it over and over again.

PROS

YARDI Breeze is so much more efficient than any other property management software I have used (which is a many). It has made our jobs faster in every department.

CONS

Nothing! I am very happy with that YARDI Breeze has to offer.

Robert

Reviewed May 2020

Expand your business with Yardi Breeze

During this pandemic, going virtual is absolutely essential. We are an essential business and we DID NOT SKIP A BEAT when we went into shelter in place orders. As owner of the property management business I am just incredibly thankful to have finished implementation just 4 months earlier. We really lucked out on the timing.

PROS

The rent collection is most helpful feature. Reports are incredibly easy to send out to owners each month. The accounting system is extremely robust. I was able to get up and running pretty quickly. However I am still learning new features all the time.

CONS

The implementation time was very long, over a year. However, my previous setup was not able to be imported (manual system) so I understand why. Nevertheless, I would not change anything. We are very happy to be in the cloud with Yardi Breeze.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

Flexibility with Yardi. Multiple clients had different management requirements.

Flexibility with Yardi

Hi Robert, You were wise to implement online software before it was essential to do so given shelter-in-place orders. And rent collection certainly helps keep the lights on, so I'm glad Breeze has been helpful in that area. We're always here to help explain any features via live chat. Thanks for the feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied June 2020

Bailie

Reviewed May 2023

So glad we switched!

For what I use in Yardi, it works and it works well! I'm happy with what I've come across thus far.

PROS

It truly is very user friendly! The chat bubble on the bottom for customer service has been a LIFESAVER! (Shoutout to the Yardi Breeze CS Team). The response time is extremely fast with their chat center, even if they're unavailable. I love being able to pull future monthly postings as well to determine what the income is going to be for a specific month, and there are multiple ways to double check yourself within reports, which is also very helpful.

CONS

The leasing portion is a bit confusing to me. CRM Queue isn't all that helpful. When I send out an email from Breeze, I do wish that it pulled their responses into Breeze. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to search an apartment number, and be able to see "Past" "Future" "Notice" without having to click on the resident/unit to determine those things. Also, I think that when you're sending mass communication out via email, it does not automatically include people that are on notice, you have to manually click them, even though they're technically still current residents that should still receive whatever email you're trying to send. That's a small inconvenience, however, for what I use Yardi for, it works and it works good.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

You can't run a successful property management company through QuickBooks, we had to do literally everything by hand. Including our leased and occupancy percentages. There were no reports we could pull. It was horrendous. Yardi feels like a dream come true! LOL

Erica

Reviewed April 2020

Great Software!

My experience with Yardi Breeze has been mostly positive. I do find that when there is an issue that someone doesn't understand it take a long time to get a response. I truly believe that if you utilize your users with experience to explore new patches before launching you could head off a lot of issues. The most recent patch has created some issues that we are still trying to get fixed.

PROS

Yardi Breeze has many different functions and makes running our properties and updating our tenants very easy. The platform is easy to use and also easy to access being completely cloud based.

CONS

There are several areas that could use improvements, just small improvements that would make a big diffrence.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

Yardi Breeze was newer and more cost effective, I was also familiar with the Voyager platform.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

Customer service and functionality.

Hi Erica, Thank you for your review! I'm glad Breeze has been easy for you to learn and use, but sorry that your experience hasn't been perfectly seamless. We do our best to patch 99% of issues prior to launch, but that's also why we keep a globally based IT staff on hand to help whenever necessary. Please reach out to us via live chat or call your client support team directly if you are still having issues. We want you fully operational as soon as possible. Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied May 2020

Patrice

Reviewed May 2020

Yardi Breeze

We love that our tenants are able to pay online, this is so helpful with ones who are behind.

PROS

The transition to Yardi Breeze was so smooth. We were able to start using right away.

CONS

There were some reports that we were used to using that are not in Breeze. Also, having to add all the CAM Charges was a little hassle.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We decided to switch because how easy the program was. Also, we love that it is cloud based and everything is real time. We love the fact that we can have as many users as we want. Our biggest reason to switch to Breeze was because our tenants would be able to use the tenant portal to pay online.

Hi Patrice, I'm glad to hear that Breeze is working out for you and your tenants. It sounds like you may have questions about a few features. If you'd like to discuss them, I can have a client service expert reach out to you. In the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy Breeze! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied May 2020

Michele

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2021

Introduction and decision to use Yardi Breeze for a "out of the box" project

My overall experience was exceptional from the first call with the sales team to our implementation specialist. I would highly recommend Yardi Breeze.

PROS

I found the ability to customize for a project that was not a typical end user for Yardi Breeze. Considering the complexity of our project, our implementation specialist was amazing and made the process a breeze!

CONS

The main downside of the Yardi Breeze was not having the banking integration, but it was my understanding it might become available in future updates.

Reason for choosing Yardi Breeze

We tried the software for 30 days, the customer service was horrible and the software was not working for what we needed without a lot of work-arounds of which required customer service.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We needed the ability for financial accounting for multi-entities and property management.

Hi Michele, It's great to hear that your experience has been exceptional! It sounds like accounting is an important part of the software for you, so I'm glad it stands up to other accounting programs and eliminates the need for them. Thanks for the feedback! Sincerely, Amy Varbel, Director Yardi Breeze amy.varbel@yardi.com

Replied September 2021

Samantha

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Yardi Breeze with Ease

PROS

I love the simplicity of the program and how user-friendly it is. The integration was also super easy and I was able to set it up with the help of an amazing Yardi team!, [sensitive content hidden], my Heros!!

CONS

I wish I had better access to Rent Cafe. With Voyager I had better access and could help tenants in a much simpler way.

Reasons for switching to Yardi Breeze

We are migrating into multi-family and short-term leases

Susan