Crelate Reviews

4.56 / 5 (265)

Our advisors have recommended this product 62 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Extremely user friendly and has a great deal of features that are easy to implement and utilize. Highly recommend!"

• "i like the interface and it is user friendly."

• "I really like the ease of using Crelate. It has several awesome features."

• Cons

• "There have been some mild glitches here and there that can make things a bit tricky, but the Crelate team has been very helpful and proficient in getting them resolved. "

• "Although the search function works well, a more robust adhoc tool would be a great feature."

• "I don't have many bad things to say about Crelate, however, I do get frustrated when there are duplicate candidates in the system"

Browse Crelate Reviews

Ellen from Sheer Recruiting

Extremely Valueable tool for Recruiting agencies

I love Crelate, use it on an hourly basis.

Pros

I love how customizable it is. It helps me manage both the candidate and client facing side of the business and customize almost any pipeline and report.

Cons

Since there are so many different facets, it took a bit longer to get up to speed on the product, but once I did, its very user intuitive. Also, the mobile app needs more work to get it to where the desktop product is.

Elaine from Banyan Search

Best ATS we have ever used

Crelate has added to our productivity. Their customer service is best in class, and I don’t know how we recruited without this platform. We are a small boutique firm and I can tell you any small firm should definitely use this product. They will treat you with respect and help ensure their product works for you. That was not the experience we had with other large and well known recruiting software. You will not regret using Crelate!

Pros

Customer service is exceptional. Additionally product very easy to use with a great customer interface. Wonderful interface with job boards and other recruiting platforms.

Cons

Sometimes can’t use wildcards in certain fields for searches. Also new company files are created with parsed resumes which leads to messy/invalid company files.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

Product interface, customer support, value

Brian from RCS Hospitality

Good but many limitations

No benefits over previous CRM. Customer service was an EXTREME challenge. Emails go unanswered. Overall, I would not choose Crelate again. As we grow, we will actively look to leave.

Pros

Software helps organize large amounts of data

Cons

Many items are not intuitive. WAY too many glitches. MANY items not as sold to us. Struggled getting set up. Customer service is really poor. Only works through desktop, doesn't work on iPad or phone, so worthless on the go. Continuous review of contacts is needed to catch errors.

Response from Crelate

Replied June 2019

Hi Brian - I'm Samantha from Crelate. Thanks for the feedback! It helps make us better. I'm happy to inform you that we recently launched a Crelate Connector mobile recruiting app that allows for: 1. Client and candidate engagement (calling, emailing, and texting) 2. Access to your entire recruiting database on the go 3. Scheduling of activities with candidates such as follow-ups, interviews, and phone screens 4. Viewing and modifying candidate applications, contacts, job opportunities, resumes, and notes associated to each account record We work really hard to be the most supportive ATS and I'm sorry if that wasn't your experience. We'd love to redeem ourselves! Please feel free to contact us at support@crelate.com with your questions/challenges and we'll be happy to help you! Thanks!

Natalie from WG

So many useful ways to customize!

Overall the program is great. It needs some small tweaks in the texting feature but overall it's great. I wish all users were able to delete duplicate candidates. There should also be an option when you are uploading several resumes at once, that you can deselect ones that are duplicates so you don't have to upload them again.

Pros

I love the reporting feature and how visual everything is. Seeing exactly how many candidates I have in each category is very useful. Taking notes and sending emails is extremely easy and makes my job go so much more smoothly.

Cons

Ring Central integration doesn't work that well. I constantly have to disable and re-enable to get the texts and calls to show up on the candidates profile. I am also unable to use the texting templates but I don't know why.

Great ATS, but not a great CRM

Overall, good experience. DOes more than most ATS. Lots of new features, but they are add-on priced.

Pros

Great for applicant tracking. Easy to publish jobs, and job history

Cons

the reminders are difficult to use. Lacks comprehensive business development CRM functionality .

Drag and Drop functionality. US-based Support

Simplicity is beauty!

Overall, Crelate is also a good ATS. This is good for not a full cycle recruiting

Pros

I like the simplicity of this Applicant Tracking System. Not the kind of ATS on mainstream but is worth your money. It is user-friendly. There is room for errors, you can delete/change the tagging anytime you want. Crelate Talent also has a feature when you post your job, it will be posted on other different job boards like ZipRecruiter, Indeed, etc. When you post your jobs, you can automatically post your job on these platforms too.

Cons

Lately, they are having maintenance that makes the software really slow. Though upgrades is for the better but still affects the productivity of recruiters.

Robert from Prevalent Group

Very Happy

Pros

Great features for a permanent placement firm

Cons

I wish it had full LinkedIn Recruiter integration

David from Beacon Staffing Group

Satisfied Customer

This solution replaced an old and outdated database. It literally is several times better in virtually every single area.

Pros

Ease of Use and intuitive functionality and easy to learn

Cons

There is nothing I dis like about this software

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

I evaluated all 3 and the value and benefits did not compare with the other 2.

Brian from AllSearch Professional Staffing, Inc.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Why Did We Wait So Long!?

Pros

(AllSearch is a 20 Person Professional Direct Hire Company). Ladies and Gentlemen of Crelate, all of you deserve some seriously high praise. Starting with whose initial Demo and considerable Q&A (he was very patient with us, no pressure) helped us realize that this system we'd never heard of was worth top 3 consideration against some very name brand players, during a time we were looking at literally 8 other Recruiting CRM/ATS vendors. Then on to the support staff whose incredible knowledge of both the system and industry thus able to act as a real business analyst and internal systems consultant. And last but not least to the support staff who took an incredibly complex legacy database we'd been running for nearly 20 years, made sense of it, and worked it successful into Crelate like a data magician. I swear it felt like everyone I dealt with at Crelate could just read my read my mind at every turn, I never felt rushed, or frustrated, or like “just 1 of 1000 clients”. You took a topic we'd been avoiding for years, conversion/migration of an enormous legacy database, and made it a breeze. My only regret is having waited so long to modernize our Recruiting ATS/CRM system to Crelate. Perhaps most telling, one of my favorite Day 1 comments from a new user of the Crelate..."This is SO CRAZY AWESOME!". I couldn't agree more. A common sentiment I mentioned to the folks during the migration planning/training was "have you guys thought of everything?!", it really seems as if they have.

Cons

Nothing negative whatsoever to speak of yet. We migrated/converted over the course of the summer, went live on schedule a few weeks ago, with zero problems, and in the first two weeks, the general sentiment is the Title of this Review. Employees are thrilled, metrics are WAY up. Why, oh why, did we wait so long to migrate our core Recruiting ATS/CRM to a more modern platform. Granted it's the honeymoon period, but, so far, the Recruiting life is much better on Crelate.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

On top of the best Demo and the most detailed answers/time given to us during follow up, there was absolutely no sales pressure, no tricks, no tough terms. As strong as any other system we demo'd, with the best combo of pricing, terms, and far and away the most helpful, knowledgeable staff. We were able to speak with Sales, Service, Analysts, and Developers, right from the beginning, no pressure, nobody was too busy for us, everyone was there to help and educate us. After reviewing 8 systems, and finalizing 3, Crelate was chosen by the 5 member decision committee, unanimously.

Kevin from Harper Associates

Good for staffing companies

It's a valuable tool for me. I wish it would integrate better with job boards or allow job applications to get sent to different people without having to buy more licenses.

Pros

It has an easy to use interface, tracks emails, and keeps all notes and activity in one place. Good integration with outlook. It's online and accessible anywhere with an internet connection, which is nice.

Cons

Job board integration still isn't that great. It does get out to the free ones, but we get almost no traffic from the job boards they claim to post the jobs to. Once in awhile we'll get an application from Glassdoor or Indeed, but that's about it.

John from J.N. Solutions, LLC

BEST ATS I've seen in 25 years in the industry!

Crelate has streamlined our business process and workflows and empowered us to grow.

Pros

The ease of use and intuitive interface allows new users to quickly adapt, reducing onboarding and integration of team members. Crelate's licensing/pricing and provisioning model provides the flexibility to run my business as I need to, vs other ATS providers who force me to make decisions based on their terms. The metrics available are endless and are quickly and easily accessible. The data provided empowers me to track performance and lead more effectively. Crelate's ridiculously easy customization across the board ensures that Crelate molds to our needs without headaches. Crelate's highly flexible search capabilities also allow us to find what we need, wherever it is, quickly and easily. Data capture, either manually, automated or parsed is also fast and effective. Training and support are always rapid and just a phone call or e-mail away. Crelate's team is continually rolling out new features and updates in a manner that is not at all disruptive and always adds value. I'm afraid if I say that Crelate has been WELL WORTH our investment that they'll start to raise prices!!! Though it is true. As one who has investigated seemingly countless ATS, Crelate stands out as the BEST I've ever seen.

Cons

There are only two cons. The first is inherent in any great and robust ATS and is NOT really a Con: there are so many features and capabilities I have no doubt that we are underutilizing the power of this tool. While their training and support tools are fabulous I just haven't had the time to really DIVE IN to maximize the capabilities of Crelate. The second is a Con: Crelate has room to improve its ability to manage duplicates. While user error certainly contributes to the creation of duplicates, I have seen other ATS' with better duplicate management tools. That said, when a duplicate is detected it is extremely easy to seamlessly and quickly merge the duplicate records.

Crelate is User Friendly and Comprehensive!

Pros

To start, we switched over from another system and the pros at Crelate were spot on in transferring our data in its entirety from our old product! It automatically gave us a great feeling to find what we needed that we had almost a fluid transfer from our old ATS to this one. It is intuitively easy to use. For any professional who has worked with database software, or ATS systems already, the designers of Crelate have made it easy to understand and use from the moment you log in. "How do I do this?" is not as large a concern while navigating and adding data, creating and solving tasks and tracking and scheduling candidates, searches and clients! Additionally, it looks great! Some systems bring too much information to the head of a pin leaving you to wonder about how to find and retrieve information rapidly. Not so with Crelate! The screen you see the moment you log in allows you to breeze in and get what you need. It customizes on the fly! You are allowed to create new jobs, tags, categories, skills in this ever-changing world. Its ease of functionality makes it a perfect partner for other systems and software you use! I can send messages that appear in my sent box. Schedule appointments that end up in my outlook calendar. Create jobs that end up on the boards that I am already contracted to work with! The "help" feature of the system has answered my questions with great clarity that we needed almost no training to get started.

Cons

Candidates update their resumes all the time and move jobs more rapidly than they used to. When they send me a new resume, I wish I could parse all the new data into an existing record automatically and not have to do it manually. That is not available. When asked, I would have to create a new record and then merge the two together. That isn't as fluid I wish it could be.

Jon from Bamboo Talent

Amazing product for recruiting agencies and executive search firms

A+ We're big fans! I highly recommend Crelate.

Pros

Crelate is top notch. It is BY FAR the best recruiting platform for agencies that I've used or tested. The product is highly customizable to your needs and has a ton of features. Better yet, the Crelate team is constantly hard at work building & releasing new features that improve usability and functionality. It's also priced very fairly and their customer service is attentive, responsive and helpful.

Cons

I really don't have many complaints about Crelate. It works well and is virtually bug free. If there is one con it's that the platform is not tailored to executive search processes. However, we stretched it for this purpose and never found ourselves wanting.

Barbara from HiRe Solutions

Highly Recommend

Rep. handled our migration. He was genius! Such a great analyst and made so many observations that helped me with the setup. I am shocked at how perfect the information migrated from MaxHire. It is seamless. I was worried because when I moved to MaxHire in 2009, my data was a mess! This time it is perfect. Rep. has been helping me with the onboarding and is doing a great job as well! The entire team is fantastic.

Pros

Crelate is an excellent software. I moved from MaxHire (Bullhorn) to Crelate. I looked at 4 other systems before choosing Crelate and I'm so glad I made this choice. Brittanie was so patient with me and took her time to show me benefits and features of the SW. In fact, I actually had 3 phone demos with her and she did an amazing job. All the SW vendors I looked at demoed at least 2 or 3 times before I made up my mind. I love how easily you can customize Crelate. Your own workflow, your own activities, your own special items you need to know like travel, citizenship status, relo, desired locations for relo, etc. Do yourself a favor and test drive this product; you will love it!!

Cons

The only thing I hope they add it to be able to return an email out of the system. All your emails are tracked but you can't respond to an email from the system. Otherwise....it's awesome.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

All the features, custom capabilities and ease of use. AND Brittanie made a big difference. All of the staff I've encountered so far are great!

Richard from Moss Search

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Excellent, best experience ever with an ATS software firm

This is the very best ATS software on the market for a contingency or retained search firm.

Pros

For a recruiter, it's always about the interface and workflow. Can I quickly see and get to all the information I need to multitask with multiple clients and candidates.? The answer in the case is a resounding YES! Crelate does that far better than everyone else for me. The second thing it does better than any ATS I have ever used is automation of repetitive tasks. You can actually customize your own workflow. The interface allows you to drag and drop between stages. It will send out automated, customized emails at each stage of the recruiting process. It allows me to work quickly, efficiently, the way I want to work. It's a beautiful thing. The third thing is a reactive mobile app that works very well - it adapts to each device I use, tablet, phone, etc. One last thing, I have never in my 25-year career using ATS software had a company be so responsive to requests for help and new features. A few weeks ago (weeks!) I asked for a new feature that required the developers to make changes to their mobile app. It was a very important change for my business, but because it involved changes to an app, I assumed it would take months to get on the list of changes for their next release. I am happy to say that I was wrong, and their quick response was the best service I have ever experienced from an ATS software firm.

mark from Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc.

Xtra Effort review of Crelate Software

Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc. is a 16 year Sales, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success recruiting firm for enterprise technology companies. We have a national reach. The diverse nature of our client requirements make it imperative that we are agile when responding to super specific requests around candidate tenure, technical skills, industry knowledge, performance metrics, location, career stability, and countless other soft traits. Our challenge, as a contingency based search firm, is providing enough "high touch" service to satisfy each client's nuanced request, while maintaining enough velocity and volume to continuously feed the candidate and client pipeline. A flexible, reliable, and powerful Applicant Tracking System is critical to achieve these goals. Crelate was suggested to Xtra Effort by another small recruiting firm. We were hesitant to consider change because of the fear of disruption associated with the data conversion and learning curve. However, these fears were alleviated when speaking with Crelate, mostly for two reasons: 1) Crelate's technology is intuitive, flexible, and really well designed 2) Crelate's people are SUPER responsive, thoughtful, creative, and resourceful Crelate made Xtra Effort feel as though we were a 1000 employee prospect. They made every perceived major hurdle go away through listening and making resourceful suggestions. We agreed to convert to Crelate and had the same favorable experience during the conversion and training period, and with the post conversion support organization. Mostly importantly, Xtra Effort users are now offering unsolicited comments about productivity gains. Xtra Effort would definitely suggest Crelate if you feel a need for improved value and function from your ATS technology AND vendor team. It is fantastic to truly valued as a customer by the vendor who is most critical to supporting our efforts. Contingency recruiting is challenging, it is nice to know that such an important partner cares and "has your back"

Cons

It would be great to have "required fields", forcing users to enter information on critical areas; and it would be helpful to limit users to specific pick lists, and not enable them to enter any data they want

Works for me!

Overall, it's really grown alongside our company. I find it looks a little old school and childish but at the end of the day it does what I need and I don't really have any complaints!

Pros

I like that it is customizable, I work at a start-up that has grown quickly and as we grew we needed to lock down better processes and tracking. We were able to use Crelate to build out those processes and integrate it with our email and accounting software. It's great as an ATS and also functions as our CRM. I also like how you can pin things to the top, make fields optional and required easily to ensure you are getting the information that is most important while also making it so you don't need to spend time inputting insane amounts of tedious information.

Cons

I don't love the look of it, I know that is silly but hey I'm working in it almost 8 hours each day! It has some issues with formatting, if you copy a job description from word or google docs into the job description field it removes formatting. I also don't like how if you assign yourself a task, anyone in the company can see it and mark it complete - you will need to track your tasks elsewhere.

Response from Crelate

Replied February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our product. Below is a link to an article that should help with formatting issues. If you have other questions, please reach out to us at support@crelate.com, we are always happy to help. https://crelate.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024320052-Clean-Formatting

June 2016

Renee from Turning Point Search

June 2016

Easy up and running

Pros

User interface is simple to understand and user-friendly. You are able to drag and drop candidates into customizable stages on job orders, as well as quickly add notes and filter on activity. Features customizable activity types and icons. Support is available in-app, and tickets are addresses promptly by staff in the U.S. Ability to add custom tag categories and tags for skills, candidate preferences, etc. 5 customizable candidate information fields. Search is robust, and you can filter search on documents (and each customizable document type), activities, tags, etc. Job postings can be pushed to company's website as well as free industry boards. There is a companion app to retrieve/add information from mobile device. Basically for the money this is the best solution for our small business.

Cons

I really haven't come across anything I don't like. We haven't gotten into reporting capabilities so I can't comment on the effectiveness. Also I haven't been able to complete the advanced email setup for bulk messaging - there are some issues with my ISP that I'm not technical enough to resolve and support at Crelate hasn't been able to resolve either, however I haven't really pushed the matter as it's a feature I haven't needed to use.

Daily Use

Overall so far Crelate has been a decent CRM - ATS I would just say be cautions when migrating and ask lots of questions as you go!

Pros

Crelate offers many features and there are multiple ways to work in the system making it much easier to taylor to each users specific liking.

Cons

When merging into Crelate it will create companies for "past employers" which HIGHLY increased the number of inactive companies we not have mixed in with our data.

Marcus from Voy Ventures

6 month review

good

Pros

i like the interface and it is user friendly.

Cons

i wish there was more automatic functions - like if i drag a candidate to the interiew bit, i wish it would send out a calender invite and log it as an interview. and searching could be more efficient. sometimes my canddiates to come up in the search if i type their full name (but shows up if i put first or last name). also wish i could search in a resume

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2019

First off, thank you for taking the time to write this review. You have some great ideas, valid concerns, and good suggestions in here that will be passed along to our developers. We do have some big releases over the next few months, some of which directly affect how our search functions. If you are curious about what we have coming up, you can always visit our roadmap page (https://www.crelate.com/roadmap). Also, if you have other suggestions of functionality you would like to see incorporated into Crelate Talent, please reach out to us. Our customers are the greatest drivers behind our innovations.

Colin from Blue Rock Search

Clean and intuitive UI; would like better mobile app and more customization capabilities

Excellent. This software is night-and-day versus other recruiting softwares I've utilized.

Pros

- Very clean and organized user interface - Highly intuitive/ easy to navigate - Easy import capabilities (i.e. from LinkedIn, etc.)

Cons

- Limited customization (i.e. of tiles, headers, etc.) - would like for the Mobile App to have more functionality

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

SmartSearch is cheap but terrible quality

October 2015

Shannon from Velocity Search Parnters

October 2015

Clean, simple, powerful, great for external exec search

What do you like best? beautiful design, clean, simple CRM interface. lots of customization available for the admin (like enabling custom workflow stages and names of stages that we define we can change ourselves). amazing Crelate team: dev team & customer service team are super responsive to questions, requests for help and product features, and training on demand. the product has so far managed not to get too 'heavy' like most recruiting tools eventually tend to to when trying to be all things to all people. Crelate works best in my opinion for boutique external firm (vendors) who need to be able to easily customize things, and not for internal (corporate). What do you dislike? the product is still young so it's obviously a work in progress. this is not a criticism; we signed up post-beta knowing there would be iteration but well worth the trade off because we have influence as the product matures. we love having this opportunity. search tools and results, (ranking, relevance) need to be better and this is also a work in progress. all of the things that could be better are things the team is aware of and are addressing with each new release. weekly office hour for all users with a customer service rep would be awesome (via joinme or zoom or whatever tool). the current solution is a candidate relationship management solution, but there is not yet a great client relationship management feature or a workflow that supports business development / prospecting/ sales process but i would love that some day. Recommendations to others considering the product if you are a recruiting firm looking for a solution, i highly recommend crelate. we love this solution! What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized? we are executive recruiters. so we solve one-of-a-kind talent searches for our clients. every search we do is custom designed within Crelate : our Crelate enables us identify people that we already know of (through search, or through affiliation with another project, etc) , and helps us easily import data on new candidates into one new project . We can see what conversations we've had with candidates in the past and outcomes of those. we can move candidates through the workflow and activities of a search project logically, using our unique labels & language.

Lissa from Comprehensive Therapy Consultants

Crelate Talent

Prior to getting Crelate we had only HR software which didn't function well as an applicant tracking system. Crelate has helped so much. We now can make sure people don't slip through the cracks. It keeps us organized and multiple people can see what's going on with our candidates and where they are in the hiring process. Customer service has been helpful and responsive.

Pros

I like the ability to quickly look at the home page and see notes left about applicants by my colleagues and myself. I like the ability to create tasks for myself and others. We have just started using the mass emailing and will try out texting too. This is very useful. The system helps me stay organized with candidates for multiple jobs at all times.

Cons

I don't like how you have to scroll down to view the open jobs. I have multiple pages of openings and it's annoying. I only like one home page view, the other views are too visually cluttered in my opinion. The nice thing is you are able to change the view.

Doug from TGRP Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I have used a bunch of different recruiting CRM databases--So far Crelate ismy favorite

Overall it's been great for what I do on a day to day basis

Pros

It works! Almost never any downtime. Extremely intuitive and easy for a new user like our entire office to pick up. Lot's of robust features that help me do my job, the templates are great for client communication (although I wish we could customize the 'Client Company Name' to be 'First Word of Client Company Name' so it comes off less formal and SPAMMY)

Cons

I'm on the BD side so for me: Importing contacts from LI defaults to a candidate so you have to be careful to click Client...When you type in a company name in the search feature and it brings up companies, JO's, etc., if you hit enter too fast it will bring an odd result of emails that have that company somewhere in the email...I wish on a contact list the columns that have the 'Current Position' were separated from the company name and their job title--it would be cool to be able to have a large list and separate it quickly between companies and titles. Maybe there is an easy way to do that and we just aren't using it?

Yes! Crelate!

Accessible platform, easy to search database, easily customization, time saving features, integrated with job boards and other browser embedded tools help us save time when recruiting for our clients.

Pros

A web based solution that is affordable allows my team to access the same information from multiple locations. This in itself makes it a much better solution for a small business like ours to be competitive in the marketplace. Additional features make everyday recruiting much more efficient. Am sooo glad I found this product!

Cons

Like all specialty platforms, it takes some learning. I learned about some features from other users. The up front training and set up was helpful, but on-going training would be really helpful. There are many videos available, but it would be nice to get regular emails from the company with topics like "did you know you could do this..."

Christian from Elite Source Solutions

Good, not great

We are solving the problem of communication between offices. It allows everyone to know where each job is at in the process of hiring.

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate and use the software. Putting each candidate into each job that they're potentially interviewing for makes it easy to communicate with people that might be in a different office.

Cons

My least favorite part is not knowing about all of the features available. We went through the initial demo with a salesperson but haven't really kept up with all of it.

It was cheaper.

Ralph from Center for Financial Recruiting

A Happy Crelate User!

Crelate has been my CRM for over a year now and I couldn't be happier. I looked at many packages before I chose Crelate and found it to be packed with features at a great value. I particularly like how I can manage and track all of my projects on one page, with a snapshot of the progress of every candidate. I also am excited about the periodic updates to the software. They listen to their users and offer upgrades for free. I've already recommended it to one colleague and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others.

Pros

It's an outstanding project management tool. I can track all my open projects on one page, and track every candidate through the recruiting process. Crelate is an incredible value, given that free updates are released periodically and I always feel I have current features.

Cons

Tough to say. The migration from my old database wasn't easy, but I found technical support to be outstanding.

Mark from Integrity Placement Group

The best for us

I demoed 12 different systems and Crelate was by far my top choice. It takes a little bit work to learn all the capabilities of this system but once you do, its a game changer!

Pros

The platform customization is amazing. We use Crelate as our CRM and ATS. It allows us to keep track of everything including our placements.

Cons

There are no cons since anything we have wanted to add the development team has designed or added for us.

Debra from Enginuity Advantage

Industry: Civil Engineering

A newby using Crelate

It is very easy for me to send information about a contact, to an associate quickly and easily.

Pros

I started in our company, basically knowing nothing. When I was introduced to Crelate, I was somewhat intimidated but jumped in with easy. Crelate help anyone learn their way around. I was able to begin inputting information and learned how to operate Crelate in no time!

Cons

Crelate is sometimes very slow. I have spent a lot of time waiting for the app to think.

Response from Crelate

Replied June 2019

Hi Debra - I'm Samantha from Crelate! Thanks for the nice review! We love hearing that our recruiting platform is intuitive for new users. We'd also like to learn where you aren't experiencing the fastest response from the Crelate side. Our customers constantly tell us that Crelate is the fastest ATS they've ever used, and we want the same experience for you! Please reach out to support@crelate.com if you have any issues and we'll be happy to help you get the speedy results you need. Thanks again!

Rick from Recruit Hire Quality

TOTAL SATISFACTION

I'm a one-guy shop who needed to be highly organized with all my clients and candidates. I needed to find people quickly and easily. I needed to reach out to as many people as possible with the least amount of effort, and without being a "tech geek." Crelate made ALL that so simple. 5-Stars is what I give the Crelate team.

Pros

Hard to say because I loved the support and personal touch so very much. However, the ease of use is certainly a consideration for "like most." Then again, the simplicity/intuitiveness/looks should be a strong contender. But wait, what about the low cost? I'm definitely conflicted on this question.

Cons

I honestly don't have a least. I'll have to get back to you.

Joseph from BioPoint, Inc.

Crelate Ups and Downs

I think it can improve but this is the best recruiter tool I have used so far, so keep making it better and it'll stay that way!

Pros

I like that we can create lists, create events as reminders, and able to track every detail for every candidate.

Cons

I don't like the search options for crelate... its probably the least user-friendly setting crelate has. It's not so bad but the search options in advanced settings don't encompass enough details that are in our database for contacts. A lot of people go unnoticed in our base because we don't have the ability or setting to look them up properly. Also, I don't like how you can't merge lists or clean them up in a faster/ easier way. It puts a lot of pressure and time on us to make sure everything is perfect in each profile which most recruiters don't have the time to do.

Casey from Beneficial Talent Source

Casey- Crelate User Review

Crelate is the third ATS we have used and it is by far the most organized and beneficial to our company. It allows very easy and open communication as well as quick access with the app they offer.

Pros

I like how easy it is to track applicants in the system by changing their status in the hiring process. You can also link your email and online calendar to Crelate so you get email and calendar updates regarding interviews, etc.

Cons

Overall I like everything about Crelate software, the only thing that is a con is how the system doesn’t always catch duplicate entries of candidates and having to manually merge records.

Response from Crelate

Replied June 2019

Hi Casey - I'm Samantha from Crelate. Thanks for the nice review! We're glad you find Crelate's recruiting workflows and email integration useful. Crelate has a "duplicate detection" feature that you can enable to limit the manual step of merging entries. I provided a link below that explains how to configure duplicate detection within Crelate. https://crelate.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204395205-How-to-Use-Duplicate-Detection Thanks again!

Tracy from Fresh Tech Recruiting, LLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

All ATS' are not created equally

It's true, all ATS' are not created equally, however, most give you the same or very similar features and functionality. That's why pricing, product support, and the relationship developed between yourself as the customer, and all of those in the sellers company that you become involved with is critical to making a buying decision! Everyone that I've had the pleasure of dealing with at Crelate has been very friendly and very helpful!! Crelate is a great product with many cool updates still to come - very exciting!! It is very user friendly and HIGHLY customize-able (is that word?!)!! Very easy to learn and become comfortable with - and I've worked with probably 10 ATS' throughout my years of recruiting. In fact, the few times I've had questions about how to do something, it was simply "me" overthinking it and making it harder than it was! Their tech support was very quick to guide me to the right solution, and in a very friendly manner.

Pros

Easy to learn / Easy to make customization changes / Easy to import resumes / Easy to load jobs and post to your webpage directly from Crelate / Mobile access /

Cons

Currently there is no highlight feature for key words on a resume, but this is coming very soon! Candidates and Client contacts are all listed in one group as "Contacts", they can be sorted, but they aren't kept separate.

Michael from OC Executive Search

Great Next Gen ATS for Boutique Search Firms

We have been using Crelate since Nov'18. Integration was seemless, support has always been prompt. They actively seek users input for improvements, they have regular virtual lunch and learns. They are Veteran friendly- one of the Founders is a Veteran.

Pros

the UI is one of my favorite features. Coming off 12+ years of Maxhire, I was looking for a UI that showed a dashboard of my call list, Profile info and resume and with Crelate, I can do that. Also, the search flow is completely customizable, terrific Linkedin integration, ease of use while talking with Candidates/taking notes, robust reporting features, creating email templates is a snap and I really like the ability to collaborate with team members within Crelate. The UI feature of tiles for the candidates is one of it's best features. I can customize the info on the tile (location, company, etc), it show the last time the candidate record was touch, so a quick glance tells me if I am over due to call someone.

Cons

While I can email a person from within Crelate, & it's automatically logged into that individuals record, I can't respond to that email from within Crelate or send a follow up note on my initial email from within Crelate. I have to rely on my email sent folder. Maxhire was doing that 12 yrs ago.

July 2015

Brian from Brian McMahon & Associates

July 2015

Crelate-My ATS Partner

Pros

Ease of use, and the intuitive aspects that allow you to navigate, even if you are not sure of the next step. If we hit a roadblock and need assistance, a quick note to the Support desk results in a timely, personal reply---and a solution. Most other ATS resources are more expensive, and they require a long term commitment. Crelate is very well priced, and for a small firm like ours, allows us to make monthly payments, and if necessary, flex up or down the number of users, as often as necessary.

Cons

Because the site "anticipates" your needs, it sometimes gets ahead of itself, requiring the user to make corrections. Example---when entering notes after a conversation, if you type a key word or phrase, you can experience unwanted text popping up and appearing in your notes, requiring corrections be made.

Rasmus from Logitalent

Have been using it for over 12 months now

Pros

We have been using Crelate now for over 1 year. We have gone from 3 to 9 team members in that period, and very easy and cost effective to add a new team member. On top of that Crelate will help train the new team member at no cost. We are very happy with the look and feel of the system. Very easy to add contacts ... to work a job ... pull reporting ...etc..... Additionaly there are constant updates and improvements being launched (for free). We highly recommend Crelate to anyone.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see an improvement on is the job bank on our website. It works great, the link is there and everything .. but I wish it could be customized a little more and looked a little more "modern".

Brian from BWC Executive Group, LLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

My experience has been up and down with the software.

Keeping a database of candidates, tracking flow of each candidate through the hiring process, tracking notes of conversations.

Pros

- Easy to use and maneuver around - Parsing candidates resumes over from their resume formats almost perfectly into the ATS - Using the software on my mobile phone while I'm out is very easy to pull up quick notes and add attachments - Cost of the ATS compared to others and still getting a quality product - Customer Support getting back to you in less than 24 hours

Cons

- Not able to use one centralized system for emailing and receiving emails as I had with Bullhorn - Not being able to create hierarchy charts or flow of who reports to whom - International phone numbers or locations are not defined in the ATS

Suzanne from Thrive Financial Recruiting LLC

Review on Crelate Talent

Fantastic service and product.

Pros

Modern interfaces. Search capabilities that will even search my notes for names, companies, etc.

Cons

I find the job order functions fiddly. For example, I need to go to Home and then "Sales" in order to change priority of jobs. I think you don't need the "Sales" and "Recruiting" functionality to be different (this could all be in one function. Also, I then have to go to "Jobs" tab to actually see detail of jobs and see my "Notes". Once again, if this could ALL be in the same place, this would be easier. Also, it would be great to be able to email documents (ie new resumes) to a contact, job order, or company that is already in the system. It would be great to be able to email out the documents that are linked in the system. Ie, I put job orders into documents in job orders. It would be great to be able to email that document to candidates.

Cecelia from C Evans Consulting

Great system for recruiters!!

our sourcers and recruiters love it - they actually like it better than big talent management systems they've used with other companies. This is so cost-effective and so easy to use. Its great.

Pros

It is SO easy to use; great to save candidates; capture information about candidates - notes; send emails directly to candidates and see the response from them; we LOVE the new text messaging ability - its amazing ! Tagging makes it so easy to find specific skills needed among all the candidates in the system,

Cons

we haven't found anything i dislike yet.

December 2014

Johnna from Cornerstone HR

December 2014

Very intuitive and easy to use software!

Pros

All of my experiences working with the team at Crelate have been so friendly and positive. It's like having my own personal team of developers helping me answer questions and figure out some of the shortcuts in the product. The product is straightforward and easy to use, and it's easy to tweak it and customize some of the workflows and features. I also love how easy it is to look up a contact/candidate using LinkedIn or Google.

Cons

The search functionality is a little clunky, and they've acknowledged that and have it on their development list. That said, they showed me a couple of workarounds that seem to meet my needs with a relatively small database (2100 records). They have good publishing capability for some of the free job boards, but there is not a simple process to post with Monster or LinkedIn. Also, the web interface is very basic right now, and I'm not getting many candidates directly through the interface, which makes it a little more cumbersome to download the resumes from my email. I've been using the product for about a month and have this on my list of questions to ask the team to see if there is an easier way.

November 2015

Whitney

November 2015

Crelate has changed my daily business!

Crelate has provided much needed simplicity and functionality for my recruiting workflow. My assistant is working 10+ hours per week LESS doing data entry and similar tasks with Crelate than with our previous ATS, which gives me 10+ hours of her time for more productive tasks. I love the flexibility and ease of use for the workflow stages, and I appreciate that all the information I need is on one screen - no waiting for other views to open. If I could give customer support a higher rating than 5 start...I definitely would do so!

Pros

Intuitive workflow, data entry/updates are easy in the profile screen, very limited clicks needed to get to all the info you need, easily customizable to my existing workflow. Customer service is fantastic!! Very responsive to customer suggestions. Simple database that gives me what I need without all the burden of an unnecessarily complicated system like Bullhorn. IPad app is fantastic for when I'm on the go!

Cons

Scheduling function is not as robust or flexible as I'd like (however, the fantastic tech guys are working on updates to this with the next update release, so this con could become obsolete soon!) This is not a massive system with tons of bells and whistles...it is a simple, intuitive ATS that provides all the functionality I need...but if you want ways to overly complicate things, this may not be the system for you.

HOlly from Therapeutic Resources Inc

Crelate Issues

We are using less paper with the crelate system.

Pros

I like that all of our employees are in one place and I can search through crelate to find skills and variations of things I might be looking for.

Cons

I wish the search bar was a bit more user friendly. If you miss any letter or misspell anything you don't get anything you are looking for in your search. It has caused us to make many duplicates and think that information isn't available. Less is definitely more in the system when it comes to trying to find something.

Met my needs as a small, independent search exec.

It carried me through several years as a independent practitioner prior to joining my current firm. Dramatically reduced the manual labor required to track candidates and generate reports.

Pros

Easy to use, strong customer support, team was very responsive to my needs in setting up the system and helping me customize specific reports as required by clients.

Cons

While I'm not using the product anymore, I would have liked stronger integration with LinkedIn , to be able to download and parse profiles. This may have been improved since I last used the system.

Liz from ALTEK-Where it IS all about YOU

Crelate

We use Crelate as our Applicant Tracking system. Our first experience with an ATS was with Sendouts and it was a great system until it was bought by Bullhorn and was no longer being supported. We did switch to another system in between Sendouts and Crelate and that was a disaster, like throwing candidates into a big black hole, never to see them surface again. Anyway, I digress, Crelate has been phenomenal for our small staffing business. It is robust, intuitive and does more than we could have hoped for. We are approaching our first year anniversary with Crelate and we could not be happier with the system; we should have switched long ago.

Pros

Intuitive, robust, makes sense, works like a recruiter works. The support is super responsive, timely and concerned about making everything work just right.

Cons

All software programs have glitches, Crelate is no exception. But so far, no cons that I can list as cons.

Vanessa from Peters Personnel

Overall I have had a great experience with Crelate but a few items can still be improved upon.

This has made tracking our progress easier but we are still trying to build it out due to there being SO many functions.

Pros

Ease of use on most functions. There are ways to mainstream the process or automate items so that makes my life easier.

Cons

There are SO many items that you can manipulate and change that it almost gets overwhelming. I also dislike that sometimes the "self-help" articles that are on their help website either don't work, don't make sense or I can't find one for the exact item I am working on. This then means that I have to wait to speak with a rep. I dislike that I can't get my answers answered immediately. This system takes awhile to build out!

Brittany from Russell Solutions Group

Crelate review

Overall good experience. Just need access to quicker IT support

Pros

User friendly, straight forward. I love the docs and how to keep track of each individual.

Cons

When I need customer support I have to call and make an appointment for days later.

Response from Crelate

Replied July 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback on our customer support team. We are striving for a more real-time support model. To reach this goal, we have increased the size of our team, invested in new technologies, and launched a new support chat feature.

Karen from SMASH Co

We love Crelate!

Our team is so much more productive as all hiring activity is now tracked in one place. We also love being able to text our candidates right from their candidate record and being able to Sponsor job postings within the Jobs Portal. Our productivity has increased substantially.

Pros

It meets our needs and allows us to work within one system for all of our client hiring needs. It has really maximized our productivity and efficiency and reduced time to hire. It is also very user friendly (once trained). LOVE being able to text directly from the candidate record. That is a huge time saver and tracks all communication right within the candidate record.

Cons

There really needs to be a complete User Guide provided to new clients/users versus "go watch a video" or find the link to a particular item that provides the instructions for one process. Clients should be provided with all of that information in one document they can then quickly review and go back to as they are learning the system. It is a very user friendly system but it is time consuming and sometimes frustrating trying to learn the system the way you have it set up.

Laura from Five Elms Capital

Industry: Investment Management

Big fan of Crelate!

The team is responsive and receptive to ideas and feedback. The product has everything I need without being overly complex.

Pros

Crelate is thoughtfully designed. I most like the user interface, ability to easily search contacts and add them to lists for future reference.

Cons

It would be nice to easily parse additional documents to contacts directly from email without the step of forwarding to an email address.

Reasons for Choosing Crelate

Crelate is more of a Talent Relationship System rather than a enterprise ATS. It has all of the features at an incredible price point.

overall good interface but missing some features specific to our industry

helps me do my job!

Pros

The simplicity of the platform and ease of use. I find it specifically helpful in tracking candidates and workflow.

Cons

Seems limited in making customizations. I also don't find the task icons very relevant to some of our process. The icons are also hard to "identify" based on the images. I also find the email forward upload of resumes pretty inaccurate in translating "names & titles"

Adam from Industry staffing & Outsourcing

Industry: Information Services

Good Functionality

Very good - I like it for a smaller company like ourselves.

Pros

It is easy to navigate and has some really accessible tools.

Cons

Need to incorporate "tear sheets". I like the tagging feature, but need better pipeline options!

Owner made the call.