• Pros

• "The product is really easy to use, the support staff is really helpful and fast in finding solutions. This is a great product and has made our work a lot easier! "

• "I love the parse from email tool. It is an amazing addition and so easy to use. Makes updating candidate file very easy and efficient."

• "Excellent service. Software is very functional and has a ton of features. Staff is committed to ensuring you are using it to it's full capacity. "

• Cons

• "As with any software, our biggest issue was initial buy-in from our staff at time of implementation. Once software was learned, everything went smoothly.. "

• "A few issues have been slow to resolve and there have been a few glitches changing from US to UK terminology. The work flow in certain areas could be a bit cleaner and easier to follow"

• "The UI is like using a windows 2000 PC. Definitely not easy to understand or use since its robustness takes away from its simplicity and intuitiveness. "

Browse Mindscope Staffing and Recruitment Reviews

Mark from AgentHR

Exhaustive research – chose MindSCOPE

ALL my technical issues get resolved quickly by the best team (usually it is because I forgot how to do something)! Like anything else with technology, I don’t want to know it is there, I want it to work and in almost two years, I can’t remember the database being down and if it was it was not impactful. Great job Team !

Pros

Recruiting software company products are similar. I was tasked for my company with making the recommendation for the “go to” product. The most important steps were to: • Define end user needs: the desired bells and whistles • Find a company responsive to the small team/ highly experienced professional MindSCOPE CURA offers the robust functionality, search philosophy and data management we desired. There are a few “wishes” we would like to see added and look forward to the major upgrade. A quick look at a Recruiting Software website and who they want to make happy becomes apparent. MindSCOPE’ s customer support is outstanding, and has been accessible and has implemented suggestions. Our last software company was only interested if we had 50+ seats

Cons

The current version of MindSCOPE CURA functions as promised and delivered. Two areas of improvement (we were told change is coming) is when working through search results, it can take 2-seconds for the next record to pop up. To view the next candidate’s resume is immediate. Some functions require too many clicks. Both issues are truly minor.

Christine from TechniPower, Inc

Cura and Growth

Pros

I've used Mindscope/Cura for almost 7 years and it's grown in it's abilities and features exponentially. I like the ability to connect directly with Outlook and how it can take my conversations via email with a candidate and automatically sync it into the candidate's profile. I also like being able to enter in individual resumes directly from my Outlook, but I still have the ability to parse large amounts through Batch Paris. I have really enjoyed being able to merge multiple profiles for the same person rather than having to remember which specific one I want to work from. Finally, the texting feature has been incredible beneficial.

Cons

We are still working through some kinks currently, such as the .NET feature keeps un-installing and (on certain computers) take a long time to bring up individual candidates or clients. The search feature in the candidate module can be temperamental and will sometimes not recognize specific words OR will get angry if a bullion search string is too long. Also, there's a weird issue with responding to text messages to a candidate in Cura if the initial sent message from the candidate is over the allotted 160 characters. You have to first delete the candidate's message out of the box and then hit reply.

ANTHONY from Direct Teacher Recruitment

Not a great CRM

Do not invest in this CRM

Pros

I'm struggling to find something. This box has gone red to say i need to write something good, another fault is the SMS crashed it took 50 euros and sent nothing, again Mindscope told us this was our fault, We have been using this function for 5 years but was told this was our fault, then it sent SMS to random people and our office phone was going off the hook with pissed off people getting the same SMS over and over again. People ringing up to unsubscribe, getting people to subscribe is hard enough but having a fault like this should never happen.

Cons

This CRM will loose you money. Right now as i write this I've 6 people trying to get onto Mindscope and its just not working,This is a weekly thing. It sent emails out to people we didn't wont to send emails too, causing complaints from people on the data base, Now we know how to use this system as we have had it for 5 years now and are on it 12 hours a day. Its not easy to use compared to other CRM systems. It has loads of little faults that will do your head in, One that comes to mind Calibri font, just disappears so when your writing up a job posting of Mindscope and your trying to match your website you cant if you used Calibri. Once the job has been place on the website it doesn't look the same as you made it on Mindscope it looks like a five year old has done it. Its slow and unreliable and we have fast computers and great internet none of our other CRM systems are slow or stop ever, When we contact Mindscope they say its our fault and nothing to do with them, I could go on and let the rest of the team here write their complaints but ill stop now.

Michelle from Thirdware

May 2013

Our company is an IT services company specializing in full service/solutions in the area of ERP, mainframe, J2EE, business intelligence, data warehousing/ETL and project management. Our success and growth over the last 10+ years is attributed to some strong relationships and business strategic clients. It was one of our strategic clients that asked us to entertain some new business opportunities in staffing, which resulted in our search for an Applicant Tracking System. It has been an absolute pleasure working with everyone at Mindscope to implement, customize and learn the CURA system. Prior to this new requirement, we had no need for such a system, so essentially we were starting with nothing and yet we had a very important client waiting for us to engage in this new business. Our team is small and we were very concerned about the amount of time spent on entering data, duplication of effort, keeping all parties informed easily, reporting, maintaining documentation, etc. We want to maximize the time we spend with our candidates and clients by minimizing the time we spend updating a system. In addition, we were considering some longer term possibilities to expand the system for other clients. Lastly, having flexibility to customize the tool without impacting our ability to take advantage of future release enhancements was a critical evaluation criteria. CURA satisfied all our requirements! When we saw the new Broadbean technology we were even more impressed and it became an easy decision for us. We are now using CURA version 5.8.0.0 to run our new business! The implementation was very easy and quick. The implementation and training support personnel were extremely professional, responsive and knowledgeable. When it came time to complete the web integration to our company website, we had another CURA expert assist with that work and it was working within a couple days. In summary, we are very happy with our decision to acquire CURA and looking forward to increasing our business using CURA to enable and support the growth!

Greag from 360 Recruitment

Best software experience in 25 years of recruiting

Pros

Much to our shock and great delight, all of the things we’d been promised prior to go live actually happened! The onboarding process was smooth and handled brilliantly. One of their staff flew over from Canada and spent a week with us in our UK HQ. Following the go live, we’ve had no issues worthy of mention. Any queries or issues have been user / new system orientated and we have received whatever support has been required. Our consultants love the product and were delighted with the choice we made. To top it all, it’s very reasonably priced! I feel we have paid for a VW and ended up with a Bentley! Couldn’t be happier.

Cons

CURA has worked well for our business with its culture of investment and product development at the heart of their product offerings.

Neil from Dunhill Staffing Systems LLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great product and even greater support

As our company grew we needed and ATS that grew with us. Mindscope did just that. The current UI is dated but I've seen a demo of the new version and am looking forward to the update. The Mindscope team is very responsive, know their product well and are more than willing to customize for us. Their job posting interface works well. Our jobs are automatically sent to several job boards.

Pros

Notification to recruiters when a candidate applies Constantly evolving Willingness to customize for us Outstanding support

Cons

The UI is dated (a new version is coming soon) The creation of too many lists on job openings. It's easy to get lost

Chuck from MedSource Travelers

May 2013

I work for a specialized staffing agency, our focus is on temporary healthcare staffing; because of the degree of our specialization, our requirements for an applicant tracking software are also very specific – the folks at MindScope understand that. Our main focus in initialing choosing CURA was its flexibility and customizable nature, in addition to it being a web-based ATS as opposed to server-resident that allows our users to access information from any PC, anywhere. Prior to migrating to CURA, we used the Legacy version of MindScope’s ATS. In total, we’ve been using MindScope products for a total of 12 years, with CURA having been in use for more than five years. Our initial implementation was a rather involved process, as the migration involved our very extensive database of candidates and clients. As it was my personal responsibility to review every single bit of information and either delete or approve for migration, I can attest to the vast amount of data involved. Fortunately, the MindScope team was always available to us, and was extraordinarily helpful and responsive during the data conversion. While it was certainly not a rapid process, I can’t recall any serious issues with downtime or anything else objectionable. The learning process after migrating to CURA was not an issue. I would attribute that to CURA being a well-designed, intuitive product; the fact that our particular user group is comprised of experienced MindScope Legacy users didn’t hurt, either. We have experienced outstanding customer support from MindScope over the entire course of our relationship; their representatives are knowledgeable, informed, courteous, and professional, while being open and friendly. I would highly recommend the MindScope team and their products to anyone who is seeking an adaptable, intuitive ATS backed by consistently excellent customer service.

Carley from Charles Foster Company

July 2013

Charles Foster Staffing & Executive Search is a local, women owned, business in Charleston, SC. We specialize in the placement of professional candidates in an array of industries. We have used Mindscope for more than 10 years from its Legacy (server based) version to its online CURA version. The market for similar software is competitive and I believe that our loyalty to Mindscope over the years speaks volumes to their product, customer service, and customized training. As a result, we have not considered making a change as CURA manages all of our needs, and then some. We went through the transition from the server based version to the currently used online version. The volume of data was extensive and the accuracy in which that data had to be converted was no simple task. I found the Representatives at Mindscope to be incredibly helpful and responsive to our needs throughout the process. Three members of our staff visited Mindscope's office in Canada for specialized training. It is always nice to meet your business partners and vendors face to face, and this was no exception. As expected, we were met with a high level of professionalism and thorough training catered not only to our company, but each individual user as well. Mindscope is always one step ahead of updating features that we may not have realize we needed. They are pro-active in seeking out more effective and efficient ways of utilizing their software and have always been open to suggestions from the end user. Their customer service is impeccable and it is safe to say that we are extremely happy with our experiences over the years. Mindscope will continue to be our software for tracking candidates, recruitment, sales and data management.

George from Labour Source inc.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Constantly evolving with new technologies, easy to use.Great service.

Great value.

Pros

Technical support desk respond in a timely manner. Cura interfaces well with phone system. Not to big to listen to user suggestions, and had incorporated good ideas in future releases. Customization possible. Easy searches, candidate matches.

Pierre from WUSC

Good ATS software

We use this currently in a straightforward way. Review is based on this. Will also be implementing this with a large project with a more complicated setup.

Pros

Ease of use. Customizable to your needs. Company ready to accommodate. Can also integrate with CRM.

Cons

The graphical interface needs to be updated, which I believe is in the works. Need IE for direct mass CV imports.

John from LuminaIT

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A software that does what it says it does

It does what is says it does, so we are happy.

Pros

Great and responsive customer service Consistently rolling out improvements Ergonomic is familiar as it is presented in a traditional desktop layout Integrated in social media platforms Integrates into your corporate web easily

Cons

Nothing much to speak of, some automated reference checks would be cool but that would be a new feature. :-)

Christopher from EnergiPersonnel

Great ATS Software

Pros

Able to easily customize to your individual needs. The staff are very easy to work with. Technical Support is knowledgeable and responsive.

Cons

Honestly, my only con with the software is that we don't utilize it to it's fullest. They are continuously updating and improving their software, which is great. I believe that sometimes the training on the updates could be more detailed.

Vicki from Northern Crewing Agency

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I used CURA several years ago with a former employer and had to have it at my new place of employment

CURA makes my job easier and helps me stay better organized with my candidates.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes i have issues with resumes displaying properly but that is usually due to software updates or the format of the resume.

Susan from HU

Search Features Made so Easy

Great support from your team! Very intuitive which makes it easy to learn.

Pros

I love the searching capabilities within Cura, and the easy web integration for posting open orders.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this software; perhaps some features are missing from the mobile version.

Erin from Peak Associates Lts

Great software for Agencies

Pros

Cons

Customizing can sometimes prove challenging. Had a hard time moving over data from old software.

Michelle from Ahead Human Resources

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

This is the best move we've ever made.

Great system. Meets our needs beautifully.

Pros

We can now focus on filling jobs rather than figuring out "workarounds" where our previous system was lacking. The reporting functions are fantastic.

Cons

There's really nothing that we dislike about the system. It was a drastic change from what we had used previously, so there was a learning curve, but everyone caught on very quickly and would never consider going back.

Diane from Durham Recruiting

Underwhelmed

Great in the beginning horrible after 6 months . Even now with the pandemic we have had to lay off over half our staff - they won't even adjust our payments. I am disgusted with this company.

Pros

There isn't much. I have used it for over a year now and all of their promises of the product and it's upgrades have not been implemented. Very let let down on the software as a whole.

Cons

I could write a book on what's wrong with this software. Everything you do on this software is time consuming. They haven't even figured out how to refresh on Indeed weekly without cloning a role. Meaning I spend an hour reposting our roles fresh each Sunday night and your applicants are spread out over several job postings. It's very archaic in its look, it's ease of use and the customer service is terrible. They are great in the beginning and then you are forgotten about. Would not recommend this software.

Reasons for Choosing Mindscope Staffing and Recruitment

They said a lot of changes were being made and they could integrate with the assessment tool we use ... 18 months later NOTHING

Ludovic from BP2M Ltd

Great product!

I'd highly recommend anyone that's interested to contact the team for a demo! It's a no-cost effort and it should be enough to get you convinced! :)

Pros

Cons

The only thing I would be able to say for the "cons" would eventually be the user-interface that isn't the "prettiest" but the goal of this software is to be an effective time saving solution and not a "beautiful" product.

Denise from Awethu Project, ex SkillsSOurce and Quest

May 2013

Quest is the largest white collar flexible staffing agency in South Africa. Quest deals with high volumes and needed a system to support the high volume/low touch environment. It became an imperative to find a more efficient and effective way of managing the business. Excel spreadsheets in a plethora of forms and places were doing nothing to institutionalize the supposed core competency. We did extensive research to find a system that would be easy to bolt onto our MS ERP, would have 80% functionality off the shelf, would allow more configuration than expensive customization, and would give us excellent after sales service in distant South Africa. Oh! And all this had to fit our budget! Hands down CURA ticked all the boxes and then some. There was not a single other offering that scored even close to CURA. The one unknown was would they actually deliver. For the first time in my many years of working with IT projects, CURA was delivered on time, and with the most responsive IT team I had ever worked with. Added to this, they broke down needs and requests into an easily understandable language so they did not have to rely on my IT gibberish. I have subsequently used CURA in the next project I worked on and am about to use them again! This is a company that delivers on every single promise!

Andrea from Sizemore, Inc.

Well Detailed Product

Customer support is phenomenal. support team has been so easy to work with and is available whenever we need anything.

Pros

I'm learning to love it. It has been a growing and learning curve for our corporation. I am not on it often in my position, but when I am it's an excellent tool. The staff members who use it state they really like the Mindscope/CURA program. We are looking forward to growing with it from both an HR perspective and Marketing as well.

Cons

I can't say there are cons. I'm not on it enough to say I've had any. And I've not heard complaints from other staff members.

Louis from Staffing Services GW

adaptable and flexible

strong adoption by hr team

Pros

ease of use and adapting to our IT environnement

Cons

time to develop custom solution however they do deliver ultimately

Robb from R3D Consulting

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A Great product with great service

I have recommended this product to friends in the industry both in the agency business and in consulting (like our company).

Pros

Mindscope gives me all the functionality our company needs for our Talent Acqusition process. They worked closely with us to customize their product to meet our business process and after sale service is exceptional.

Cons

Is a little bit behind on some of the newer technology initiatives that are occurring in the ATS marketplace but they seem to work hard to bring it up the date.

Dawn from Smart Apartment Solutions

CURA, the Extra-Strength Tylenol of staffing and recruiting challenges

Pros

In selecting software products, we had a long wish list of criteria. Of the five or so products we previewed, by far, CURA came closest to fulfilling our needs. Texting capabilities, interacting with our QuickBooks accounting software, and the smart way it builds our database and allows our clients to sign forms online have made our tasks more professional, efficient, and productive.

Cons

Some of the functions that made this software so attractive for our purposes have been add-ons, such as texting and the ability to sign forms online. Initially, navigating through all of these processes has been cumbersome.

Matt from DL MGT

February 2014

Implemented CURA for my staffing business

Pros

CURA is completely customizable to meet your specific requirements. The team at MindSCOPE worked with me to fine-tune CURA to my exact needs. I am a small business, but they made me feel like I was their only customer. They have awesome customer and technical support; it's a great product and a great team. You can't go wrong with CURA from MindSCOPE.

Cons

Not much but if I had a complaint (and I'm told it will be resolved in the next update), it would be that it doesn't function with browsers other than IE. The next update will allow it to be compatible with other browsers, so this will go away.

Dana from US Medical Staffing, LLC

June 2014

One hand knows what the other is doing!

Pros

I find CURA to have a user-friendly interface and versatile ease of use. Although initially the "multiple ways to skin a cat" approach can be a little confusing for technophobes, it does provide a lot of options to customize the database based on the company's needs. The staff at CURA is very friendly, accessible, and helpful.

Cons

Compared to our previous software, there are a few extra steps required for certain processes, which is a bit time-consuming, especially with the learning curve. Personally, I find the benefits far outweigh any negatives, though.

February 2014

Gregory from Team Placement Service, Inc.

Great product and partner

Pros

Many staffing software options on the market today are very good at one thing - perhaps serving as a database for client and candidate recruitment tracking - yet they are not-so-good at another - let's say staffing job order tracking. Or vice versa. CURA manages to bring the best of both worlds and does so with a knowledgeable support staff. This is a requirement for our company, since we handle a wide spectrum of job opportunities, ranging from temporary one-day assignments to multi-year contracts to permanent placements.

Cons

We're still trying to break it but haven't yet succeeded.

Paul from Impact

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great software with the features you really want.

Pros

The parsing of resumes and information on line. The saving of resume views as it checks if someone is already in the system. The email integration is the best we have seen.

Cons

Very little cons. Maybe the price is more than others but the software is better. We wish the conversion was not so much as we have a large database on old software so there is a large cost that is unfortunate.

June 2013

Mike from D & C Inspection Services, Inc.

June 2013

Our company recently set up an account with MindScope CURA software. We have been extremely happy with their response time for the implementation of our user package. We feel that they have become part of our team in continuing our goals of success. The CURA package has enabled us to greatly reduce our candidate process times, while also enabling us to better control our documentation and communication with our candidates. Our search capabilities have become endless with CURA, as well as our capability to rapidly place job postings to our website. The CURA support team has been extremely responsive to all of our request and provided excellent training sessions to our users. We look forward to growing our business for many years to come and having MindScope CURA as a vital part of our growth process and success.

Danielle from RepuCare

Much better options out there

Pros

It's easy to move along a candidate in the process and see what stage they are in. Easy to find all candidate notes on their record

Cons

We were promised that it could/would integrate with all these other systems we use and it has not. The search capability is some of the worse I've seen. It does not come up with relevant candidates at all when I am searching by keywords...and don't even try to search by location!! When they mass uploaded our resumes, it must have filled locations in all wrong.

Craig from Systems Personnel

Great service and software

Pros

The system had everything we need in a new system The interface was easy to understand and similar to what we had already The service was unparalleled

Alan from Industry Specific Staffing

Built for growth

Pros

We reviewed other systems but found CURA to be the one that matched our specific needs. It's customizable enough to match our upcoming growth plans. It cuts our administrative work in half and sets daily routines and goals easily with a follow on CRM activity based success orientation.

Cons

Mindscope was very easy to work with. They have an open, honest approach, listened to our needs, are flexible and responsive. It's a great ATS!

William from 24-7 HR Solutions

Mindscope

It's been a great experience working with Mindscope. I don't plan on switching systems anytime soon.

Pros

There is a lot of functionality and they are always adding more. They are open to hearing our suggestions about improvement.

Cons

There might be to many options. I feel like we only use a small percentage of the program can offer.

September 2015

Ryan from Human Talent, LLC

September 2015

Great All In One System

Pros

It's a very robust all-in-one system that covers every angle for staffing agencies. We love this product and myself have used quite a few systems.

Cons

The turnover within the company. One day your working with one person the next another.

Thiago from Offshore Aerospace

July 2013

MindScope has been one of the best additions to our business. From customer service to technical support, the experience will set your business apart from the competition. Their vision sets a new benchmark for the industry. Their actions have consistently proven to be a success. From marketing tools, to the reporting system, to the actual resume database - it is very simple to use and compacts all the important features, thus creating the visibility you are looking for. I strongly recommend any company looking to improve their customer service to include this software in their business.

lexie from Preferred Dental Solutions

Pretty happy with the software!

Great! The rep has been great to work with as well!

Pros

has the capability to do many features we were looking for

Cons

wish it integrated with more US phone services - Ubity has been horrible to work with

September 2013

Matthew from OnPar Solutions

September 2013

OnPar Solutions is a relationship brokerage firm primarily focused on Permanent and Contractual staffing solutions. In search for a the right CRM, Mindscope proved to be the most versatile in adapting to our model which differs from what a Staffing Agency would require. The on-boarding process ran smoothly with great support from their customer service team. After initial set up and modification to our needs, training new users became a breeze. We are extremely satisfied with our decision to move our system over to Cura and hope to work with them for years to come.

June 2014

Eric from Brock Placement Group Inc.

CURA - forward thinking.

Pros

Their service, attention to detail, foresight relative to updates, and professionalism all combined cause me to conclude that Mindscope is customer-focused and that they operate with the highest level of integrity. The CURA product exceeds my expectations.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives. Really!

September 2016

David from PMA Global Mobility Resources

September 2016

A great value option to ease the recruitment process

Pros

The willingness to try and adapt the system to your needs. Its a one stop shop for all your needs including the integration to websites. There are a few areas that need addressing and improving, but this vendor really wants to improve and is willing to listen

Leian from Dominion Staffing Services

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great product whether you have a large implementation team or a one man show! Support staff was very helpful and the customer service experience is consistent between departments.

September 2014

Debi from miSourcer

September 2014

CURA – ATS: Multifaceted Database

Pros

It's easy to put resumes in and add vendors into database.

Cons

There are a number of things we have not been able to add because there are only standard answers.

November 2013

Janice from ClinSource

November 2013

We have a small recruiting business and looked at several software applications prior to deciding to work with Mindscope. The software is user friendly, and the training and support after have been fabulous. I have been very pleased with the entire company from the CEO to the Help Desk. You won't be disappointed if you decide to work with Mindscope for your software needs.

October 2014

Justin from DFL & Associates

October 2014

Top Notch Service & Capabilities!

Pros

The entire team has exceeded our expectations. You can tell that each person enjoys the work they do and cares for the success of their customers.

Cons

We are completely satisfied with CURA.

June 2016

Crystal from Team Placement Service, Inc.

June 2016

Cura is helpful but can use some changes.

Pros

Exporting of info and sending confirmations through the system

Cons

Repetitive, enter the same info on multiple screens.

April 2016

Bill from Front of House Recruitment

April 2016

I now have a home life

Pros

Customer service, support, staff and the product which saves around 50% of staffing time to do CVs now

Cons

I would like more colours, but they've now added this, so nothing else.

Makita from Smart Apartment Solutions

January 2015

Mindscope is a great product for a company to stay organized.

Pros

I like how it stores lots of data and is easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes, when logging on, it takes about 3 - 4 minutes to enter in the program.

March 2013

Becky from MPX Data Systems

March 2013

Great easy to use software

Very highly recommended.

Pros

Tons of great features; friendly help staff.

Cons

Not MAC compatible.

May 2015

Jacqueline from D&C Consulting

May 2015

Integrated recruitment tool

Pros

The vendor has very good support and the product adapts well to our recruitment procedures.

Cons

The system is not completely translated to Spanish. We expected to have a fully bilingual software.

Aaron from Child Care Staffing Inc.

UI needs an update

Would be worth considering, and I'm under the impression that they are working on their UI development.

Pros

It seems like the database is super segmented and modulated meaning you can have alot of flexibility using the system and customization.