• Pros

• "I liked that the software was fast and efficient its great and leveraging and allows a recruiter to multitask"

• "FirstScreen is so easy to use and has a great user Interface"

• "The interactive voice interview provided targeted questions and real-time responses that quickly elevated candidates with the necessary skills and experience."

• Cons

• "Because there are so many features it does take time to learn and master them, but that is par for the course with a complex tool"

• "I did not have any issues with the software, and the demo of the product truly impressed me. "

• "The name FirstScreen isn't a household name and it is hard to convince people to try something new."

Browse FirstScreen Reviews

Craig from Lockheed Martin Corporation

Industry: Defense & Space

The future of recruiting beyond video interviewing

This is the future of recruiting at the intersection of AI, automation enhanced candidate experience.

Pros

As a professional with a deep expertise in pre-hire assessment, The idea of a pre-recorded (one-way) interviewing platform has intrigued me due to all of its benefits: - Recruiters save time by automating initial phone screens / interviews - Recruiters can share the recording with key stakeholders (other recruiters, hiring managers, etc.) - Candidates can schedule at a time that's convenient to interview from the comfort of their home FirstScreen is better than leading video interviewing platforms for two key reasons: (1) AI automated scoring of the interview transcript (voice to text) that speeds up the process to identifying stronger candidates, so you can get to them more quickly. (2) Candidates' experience - applicants will find it easy to use and less intimidating than video interviewing. Unlike video interviews where many people feel uncomfortable on camera, FirstScreen is telephone-based and people are far more accustom to speaking on the phone whereas being interviewed via video camera can be unsettling for some people. Also FirstScreen allows the recruiter to build-in a pause to give the applicant time to reflect before answering the question, which reduces the time pressure and feeling of being in the hot-seat. Many applicants will appreciate this.

Cons

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Craig!

Save time, screen fairly

The clean and modern interface was intuitive. Everything seemed to be where it needed to be, with the most obvious option highlighted with big button. The transcription was spot on, and the ability to replay the audio while reading the transcription provides hiring officials an opportunity to quickly check a response if something goes wrong.

Pros

FirstScreen is a win/win. It allows for quick and intuitive creation of interview screening questions AND allows candidates to easily apply without essay writing. As someone who reviewed applications and interview, I'm sure this audio feedback, transcribe and auto rate will be an enormous time saving to both those performing the hiring and those applying. I liked that the software offered "check box" pre screening questions in addition to the auto to text capture. My favorite feature is that even after getting the responses, the hiring official can refine the rating factors and the ratings are adjusted on the existing and interviews going forward. So a good candidate the applies early will have the same chance of getting a better rating with revised criteria as the candidate that has yet to apply.

Cons

If you are looking for a SaaS for screening for hiring, this is it. But there is so much potential, and I can imagine that there would be more features so that FirstScreen could be applied to much more than hiring. I'd like to see modules to apply this technology to other fields and purposes.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the amazing feedback - we really appreciate it!

Clara from Land Trust Alliance

FirstScreen is the first step in hiring the best

I am happy to add my voice in praise of this new technology that will truly shape the way companies find and hire qualified candidates. FirstScreen streamlines the recruiting process through an interactive voice interview, so that the right candidates are identified, reviewed by HR quickly, and hired in time to meet the real time needs of any company. I learned about FirstScreen through a free demo. Glad to share my enthusiasm for this creative and most efficient system!

Pros

Cons

My experience was positive in every regard.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the great feedback!

Pat from Computer Futures

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

FirstScreen Review

I had a great experience with FirstScreen. The team took time out of their busy schedules to offer a demo and insight on what the future of recruiting will look like!

Pros

I loved how FirstScreen matches key words in their interview screens with the key words needed to answer a question correctly. This will cut down on the hiring process and provide strong solutions to hiring managers you are working with!

Cons

I did not have any issues with the product! The demo that was presented was fantastic; I will not know any cons until I start using the product full time

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Pat!

Sharon from self-employed

Save time and get back to your work

Pros

As I've experienced recently with trying to find people for my business, recruiting qualified candidates is a major effort, often highlighted by the disappointments of discomfort and sunk time when completing initial interviews, by phone or in person, move from those that look promising on paper but end up being a waste of time. I've seen that FirstScreen gives businesses a chance to both increase their pool of candidates while simultaneously decreasing initial the time sunk on 1st round interviews. It is a win-win for businesses and job seekers alike. I definitely look forward to recommending this software to clients and colleagues that I work and interface with to assist them with a difficult process and get back to business. Set up and implementation is user friendly which is perfect for the tech-shy.

Cons

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Sharon!

Streamlines process for recruiters and candidates

Pros

The numerous features allows each and every company to utilize this platform tailored to their specific needs FirstScreen helps streamline the process and eliminate steps in an interview process (specifically the prescreening) to help meet timelines and avoid losing candidates to "time" It allows a staffing agency to truly partner with their clients/hiring managers, so they can discuss which questions they would like to ask in order to qualify or disqualify candidates This software is efficient and saves time for all parties involved in the recruitment process

Cons

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Great feedback, thanks! Regarding the many features to take time to learn, we partner with you and provide training to get you up and running quickly as well as provide support materials to help every client ease into the platform (we are committed to making you successful). Thanks again!

Kelly from Wolters Kluwer

This will make hiring so much easier!

Pros

I loved everything. It looks incredibly user-friendly and intuitive to use. The graphs are easy to understand and the scoring system is great. The keywords and wordcloud for synonyms for keywords are a great idea. Everything about this site makes it so easy for recruiters to find the best candidate.

Cons

It seems like there's a lot to learn, but I think that's negated by the fact that it's so user-friendly and if there's something you don't understand, there's a user's manual. So while it may seem overwhelming at first (which is definitely a con), I think it'll become second nature incredibly quickly.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied June 2019

We really appreciate the great feedback, Kelly! You're absolutely right that both the intuitive nature of the platform combined with the user guide will make learning the tool effortless. We also provide training sessions, a dedicated success manager as well as a 24/7 technical support channel for everyone we bring on board to ensure every client has an amazing, valuable experience. Thanks again!

Simply the BEST recruiting tool in the market!

FirstScreen is so easy to use and has made the task of recruiting much easier for me.

Pros

FirstScreen is so easy to use and has a great user Interface

Cons

I have not seen any cons to this point.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Thanks so much for the great feedback!

Michael from Nevin Copywriting

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great time-saver!

I was originally a little skeptical in FirstScreen and didn't expect it to prove as efficient as advertised, but that quickly changed as I went through with posting my first job. I'm not making money unless I'm working, and I wasted so much time in the past on interviews and job postings. FirstScreen keeps me working, which makes my business more profitable.

Pros

I love how much time this software saves me. When I'm looking for writers to assist with my workload, I need to find a qualified candidate as quickly as possible. Since I'm the only full-time employee in my business, I can't delegate this task but I also can't afford to spend too much of my time on the job search process.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints at this time.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Michael, and we're glad that you've seen immediate value from the platform!

Carole from Jared the Galleria of Jewelry, Arlington, TX

FirstScreen viewed from the applicants side

Pros

This format is extremely user friendly. Its written in plain language and easy to follow. FirstScreen is a comfortable fit for first-time job seekers or experienced interviewees. The resume application is very detailed and easy for the applicant to navigate.

Cons

I didnt find any cons in this software.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Carole!

Walter from Keller Williams

Review of the software

NA

Pros

Cons

This can be impersonal at times. It seems a little rigid for the candidate.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Walter! Regarding the feedback on impersonal - beyond the 14 different voices available, we can tailor accounts to allow users to personalize the digital recruiters with their own voices giving additional personality to the experience. Regarding the rigidity - we work hard to ensure interviews are real-time and easy to use so recruiters are getting authentic answers from candidates. Thanks again!

The next best thing

I do recruiting for specific firms and the software allows me to quickly find candidates and not waste time reaching out via LinkedIn to "connect"

Pros

Rather that reach out to multiple people on Linkedin and then call, text and email Firstscreen delivers quality candidates to my in-box via their platform on a daily basis. No longer do you have to speak with someone for 30 minutes and realize they are not the person depicted on LinkedIn or their resume.

Cons

Not enough templates to create new roles to post

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the great rating! Regarding templates, we work closely with our clients to create additional templates to meet their specific role needs. Our goal is to make sure we can get you up and running quickly. Thanks again!

David from The Consortium

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Staffing industry veteran.

After evualating the process, it certainly seems like it could be a very usefull tool to help manage resume response volume. Particularly in today's market.

Pros

To be honest, this is the first such product I have reviewed. It definitely seems like an effective tool to help screen out candidates who may be underqualified for a variety of reasons, thus allowing your recruiters to spend their time on more pressing matters.

Cons

None, so far. Have only previewed the tool up to this point.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great feedback, David!

Rick from RISE Solutions Gropu

FirstScreen is a Recruiting Game Changer

Excellent

Pros

We have seen dozens of software recruiting tools over the years, but FirstScreen is unique and very powerful. The platform's pre-recorded interview questions not only increases the quality of candidates that you can interview, allows us to ask target questions and it even stretches an eight hour recruiting day into twenty-four hour recruiting dasy to empower candidates to respond to interview questions on their time be it at Noon, Midnight or 4:00 AM. Moreover, we can quickly screen application and schedule next rounds of interviews during the hiring journey quickly and efficiently using FirstScreen's voice to text tools. We plan to use this powerful and unique recruiting tool for our next round of hiring. FirstSceen is a revolution in recruiting software and is a delight to use.

Cons

Nothing. It is a joy to use. It changes the way we cna interview candidates.

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Rick!

Hiring Done Right!

Pros

Ease of use. Shorten the hiring process.

Cons

Nothing. Worked above what was expected!

Response from FirstScreen

Replied May 2019

Thanks so much for the great feedback!