All Top Echelon Reviews

Maria

Reviewed July 2022

Love that they are always upgrading!

PROS

What I like most is that they added texting to the candidates as activities so when I am texting someone, it creates an activity that can be read by all. I am mostly loving the new free feature of adding jobs directly to Monster Organic and LinkedIn direct. We've made more placements since using these features.

CONS

I don't like that I cannot search older, archived jobs for "job descriptions." Sometimes I want to find an older description and copy it but I have to click job by job, until I can find ones that have descriptions.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

We had Top Echelon before but boss wanted to try something different and went to PCRecruiter. ALl the staff went on a virtual strike until we went back to Top Echelon

Amy

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Recommend the Software

I have been using Top Echelon for over 10 years and appreciate all the hard work the developers put into the software and gearing it toward small recruiting agencies. It is super easy to use, and I love that it keeps me so organized.

PROS

Over the years, Top Echelon has been super easy to use, and I appreciate all the recent updates. It has made my recruiting 10x faster and kept me very organized.

CONS

Can't think of anything in particular. Everything has been great.

Reason for choosing Top Echelon

It was created for recruiters. I did not need the 'onboarding' activities as much since I had mostly contingency hires and was not doing background checks or sending offers through the system.

Eric

BB

It is what it is for now... It gets us by, but we will have to upgrade soon. I am going to need something that has a complete staffing package that can do my payroll as well, and track all of my HR information.

PROS

It is easy to use, and if you have a small company it is easy to buy into with a low amount of users. The text messaging feature is a game changer. Very helpful.

CONS

The job posting tool does not get applicants. We would get 2-3 people per week. I had to get another subscription with Zip. We try and import as many resumes as possible, but many do not make it through, or the resume doesn't parse. Everything is an add-on with this software. Which can be a benefit as well. When I see my bill at the end of the month I really don't feel that we put $220 into this. I wish my users utilized it more, however they don't have the time for all the importing. I wish there was a way to actually downgrade users. For example, my onsite doesn't enter a thing in this and just sits at a company and makes phone calls. All I would need from her is to enter information, and import resumes if needed.

Roland

Reviewed May 2024

Top Echelon is a great platform for For agency recruiters and executive search consultants

As I stated, I really like this platform. It is by Recruiters for Recruiters and it shows!

PROS

•A Very strong ATS •A fully functioning CRM •Great Sourcing Tools and Job Posting abilities •Strong Reporting tools •Great Careers Page addon •Texting and SMS abilities •Email tracking •Social Network Integrations •Google Chrome add-on •A.I. Job Description writing tools •Stellar Support and Training •A VERY DOABLE PRICE POINT!!!

CONS

I really don't have any issues with this platform. Maybe one day the ability to scroll right and left to go back and forth in open profiles on a list....It is possible for applicants for individual job posts.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Better support and better price point along with better functionality~!

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Top Echelon recruiting soltions database review

I have been with Top Echelon for 6 years and have never had any issues with it. Took me about a week to really get used to it at first. It may take some people less time since I'm an old man. LOL.

PROS

Very intuitive, fast and easy maneuvering around the database, tagging companies and candidates, the planner and reminders are great as well as the mass email capabilities and tracking emails.

CONS

I can't think of any major negatives for the Top Echelon database

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

I like the fact that Top Echelon has the split commission aspect.

Debi

Reviewed April 2024

Top Echelon is the BEST!!

To me this system is perfect!! No only does it have everything a small company needs it is an ideal tool for a large company as well. It is very comprehensive.

PROS

How robust and easy it is to learn and use

CONS

I have used several systems over the past 25 years and Top Echelon is the easiest to learn, very common sensical, easiest to learn and as I have said before very robust - nothing is missing.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

When we separated from our previous company and when on our own.

Eddie

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

What a great Recruiting tool

We are very happy with Top Echelon and will continue to use this product.

PROS

The user experience is very easy to learn and setup.

CONS

The parser could be more robust and for some reason my extensions that highlight words does not come through very well. But the extensions do work on the resume widget, so that is a plus, i just wish they showed up better on the screen.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

we just like top echelon better and chose to use it over the other products.

Stephen

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 employees

Recruiter Daily User

Great support, multiple options for training, start up and on-going. Best product I've seen for the money.

PROS

ease of installation and use, resume parsing and searching

CONS

ability to view resumes, print is small and no option to view full page that's readable.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Cost and customize for our use in Recruiting plus scalability. - with another agency that was larger and multi-recruiting focuses

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Very Good System

Very positive and we really enjoy the support team

PROS

Candidate management/database. Can track jobs/candidates

CONS

Candidate searching. I miss the codes we used to use.

Jane

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Executive Search Function

PROS

Able to customize - pricing - hot lists

CONS

Hard to customize for specialty retained searches

Carolina

Reviewed March 2018

Effective recruiters identify highly qualified candidates software.

The most common problem I could solve by using Big Biller is that I can combine marketing tools with email. Thanks to this application I can get the essentials for tracking applicants.

PROS

What I like most about Big Biller is that thanks to the job publication tools it allows me to publish applications on the company's career site, in various industry-specific job sites and on social channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. This seems excellent to me.

CONS

One downside is that Big Biller right now is not compatible with Outlook integration. I hope you can develop this feature because it is very necessary. You can also say that the design is somewhat outdated, I think they should modernize its graphical interface.

Walt

Banking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Big Biller is extremely user-friendly and reliable

One goal I have it to become paperless. Big Biller is helping me achieve a large part of that goal.

PROS

The search features for candidates and targeted markets are very reliable. The Hot List features allow you to create a system within a system and customize the system for your own use regardless of industry. One of my favorite features is the ability to use "Open Activities" and schedule a future activity or reminder. The system sends you an email in the future as a reminder for follow-up. How cool is that? Big Biller has the best customer/technical service I have ever experienced! They are there when you need them! Friendly, Helpful and Knowledgeable! This system is very affordable and a value for a smaller recruiting shop.

CONS

Report functions need to be ramped up a little. I would also like to see some billing and accounting functions built into the system.

Reason for choosing Top Echelon

Best value for the product. People I talked to seemed to care more about helping me. Common sense approach to solving problems.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Wanted more value or the investment for a small firm.

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Old Reliable

Overall for the cost effectiveness of the tool, I would highly recommend Big Biller to anyone looking for an effective ATS/CRM.

PROS

Big Biller is a perfect software with a lot of the basic tools necessary to run an effective business.

CONS

Would like the email logging function to be more robust, but the work around is not complex and works for us.

Reason for choosing Top Echelon

Reputation in the industry as the leader.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Bullhorn was too complex for us with too many bells and whistles that we did not need or use. Plus it was a lot more expensive.

Aaron

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Satisfactory Software

It's a nice product for startup companies, but as our company grows, we wish there were easier to use features and the ability to restrict some things for our employees

PROS

We reviewed other software after using Big Biller for about 5 years, because there are some features that other companies have, we desired. Talk to text was one. And there are some that are less clunky.

CONS

With a growing company, you'd like to be able to have parameters on what employees can choose for titles and how to have companies appear to be more fluid. As we continue to grow and add users, we can eliminate some items that are in the database as options and we wish we could. this continues to be a growing concern for us, but seems to lack solutions currently.

Reason for choosing Top Echelon

Inexpensive at the time, but I think that is changing too.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Praises to the BigBiller product!

I have used your software since 2005. That speaks volume for my opinion of your services.

PROS

Big Biller is a very user-friendly product. It has comprehensive functionality that leaves the statement, "I wish it did this" totally out of the picture. The customer service is outstanding. I mean "Outstanding". They know their product, they always have an answer, they are patient with a string of questions, and they always get back with you if you email them questions. The help section is always the first place I go and generally, I can find answers there.

CONS

At the moment, I have no constructive criticism to give. :-)

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

I was using someone else product when I work for a company. I chose yours when I started my own company.

1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Top Echelon ATS review - love it!

[sensitive content hidden] has been an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the demo, registration and sign up process, and he's been there to answer questions and provide additional support once using the product. The abundance of training calls and webinars also make you feel connected as part of a larger community of recruitment agencies using Top Echelon.

PROS

I'm a huge fan of the ability to automatically upload applicants as new candidates in the ATS by forwarding an email with their resume. By setting up a rule, any incoming applications from LinkedIn automatically are parsed into the Top Echelon ATS!

CONS

The price - although it is more than fair for the quality of the software & service provided, being in Canada, I am paying an additional premium to cover the conversation rates from USD to CAD.

Reason for choosing Top Echelon

There were other ATS considered as well, but the ease of use, variety of features and the price were all factors in me deciding to proceed with Top Echelon.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

I opened my own recruitment agency and was looking for a new ATS to use

steven

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Excellent contact management software that won't break the bank

I couldn't run my business without it. It's a simple way to keep track of 1,000's of candidates.

PROS

This is an easy interface for non-tech experts.