Browse Genius Referrals Reviews

Melissa from AMC Mortgage

March 2015

Valuable software that has paid for itself

We had been talking about implementing a referral bonus program for some time but didn't have a great way to implement in the way that we envisioned. When I discovered Genius Referrals it seemed like the perfect solution and it really has been. The templates are very easy to use and we set up our campaign literally in minutes. The monitoring on it is awesome so it's simple to track what's working and adjust as needed. I'm so glad we discovered this software.

August 2016

Thereas from Eat To Perfrom

August 2016

Exactly what we were looking for...

I looked high and low for a solution. We were very clear, we did not want an "affiliate" program that required us to pay out "commissions" but rather, "prizes" and bonuses for referrals. We also needed something that would seamlessly work with our multiple platforms. When I found Genius Referrals--it was all I could hope for and MORE. Now that I'm a customer, we're actually looking to move our affiliate program to this platform because Genius Referrals offers BOTH. The dashboard is fairly easy to navigate and what might feel perplexing is QUICKLY addressed by Genius Referral's expert support. Very thorough, very helpful and friendly. Questions are addressed very quickly along with step by step instructions as you go through and set up the platform for the first time. LOVE THIS COMPANY!

Pros

Low barrier to entry - easy to get started. FREE Trial (at the time of this review) Easy to navigate and exceptional customer service for the things that aren't self evident VERY flexible and customizable SEVERAL options for campaigns and integrations into existing systems or programs AFFORDABLE-- most affordable on the market next to the competition UI (user interface) is great... very updated feel and look

Cons

Does require a little bit of understanding of code and scripts (nothing a little customer service and a nice cut and paste doesn't solve) Fulfillment is manual - which makes sense for physical products. Would be nice to have automation for delivery of digital products

Vic from Saint Victor Diaries

Industry: Fine Art

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Now that I am signed up with Genius Referrals I am in need of customer support to help me set things up, however, today is day three without ANY response whatsoever from their customer service team. I am livid as I've already paid for the first month, and am anxious to get things set up. But without a customer service department available to support me, this software is useless!

Pros

I wanted to used Genius referrals for tracking purposes, and recently signed up as a new customer. Their marketing team was great, super-available to answer all my questions prior to signing up.

Cons

Lack of Customer support. I have not been able to experience Genius Referrals because the customer service department has not returned my messages, nor are they available to speak with me and support me in getting things set up.

For their tracking software

Response from HLA Solutions Group

Replied June 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. Keeping our customers happy is our number one priority. I've been digging around our records, and I can see that you have tried to contact us over the weekend; our customer service support is Monday- Friday. As per our records, we have replied to all your queries in the next business day even though you were registered in a Starter plan which email support time on comments and questions is 2 business days. We'd be more than happy to provide a refund; however, I see that you canceled your account before your free trial expired. Thanks again for your review. Appreciate your feedback. Wishing you all the best,

Darryl from Panic Brand LLC

A 5 Star affiliate solution that allows for true customization

I was trying to implement my own version of an affiliate program that involved video content creators being able to share a custom code easily. Between the design customizations and a whole laundry list of items that I required in order to pull this off, Genius Referrals offered far and away the best solution. Throughout the entire process of integrating right up to launch they provided me with excellent customer service and support. I highly recommend Genius Referrals for any affiliate program you're hoping to implement. They were a lifesaver when many of the alternatives out there just didn't offer everything I needed in one package.

Pros

Most important to me was the ability to allow my affiliates to create their own custom codes for sharing. These guys were the only ones that offered this feature along with all of the other features I needed. They also allowed for full CSS customization, a custom domain and the ability to fully remove their branding. Additionally, they were very supportive throughout the entire integration process.

Cons

I had a development team that handled the customization and integration of the software. Had I attempted the integration by myself with all of the customization I required, I think there may have been a sharp learning curve. However, based on their customer service I think I would still have got there in the end.

Reasons for Choosing Genius Referrals

Nobody else offered all of the functionality that Genius Referrals offered. Also, before I ever signed up they were patient and helpful and assured me they could deliver on all of my needs.

Crystal from Kinsley Armelle

Trust us and use Genius Referrals

We have used a variety of referral/affiliate web applications over the last few years. We have tried them all big and small (ShareASale, Refersion, ReferralCandy, just to name a few). While they all worked okay for what we needed at the time, Genius Referrals is truly the total package. The only complaint is that we didn't find them sooner! If you plan to grow your affiliate program, start with a strong framework and go for Genius Referrals. Yes, it is a little more complex and will require some in depth understanding of a few scripts and code; fret not, the tutorials are great and customer service is hands down the best we have experienced. The possibilities are endless with Genius Referrals and we feel confident taking our affiliate program to the next level with a heavy hitter like Genius Referrals in our corner backing us up. If you're on the fence because of price point, just trust us and spend the extra now to avoid massive downtime and/or migration nightmares later. We would gladly have spent the extra initially to start on this platform (and they have a price point for every budget really). So what are you waiting for? Go for it and get Genius Referrals integrated with your store!

Sandra from U-Lock MIni Storage

Don't waste your time with this software

This company is terrible. During the sales process they tell you that there is an optional ( very expensive) onboarding fee if you want their help getting the product up and running. If you decided not to go with the onboarding fee and do it yourself it is virtually impossible as you will get very little, timely, useful help from them. Just know that you need to pay the onboarding fee to get this up and running in a reasonable amount of time. I will now be going with another provider for our referral system.

Pros

It seemed like this was going to be a good product during the sales process, but I received very littel support when i didn't want to pay the very expensive, optional onboarding fee.

Cons

Genius Referrals was really helpful in selling this software to me. Once I started the free trail there is not support. When you click on the chat function, they get back to you hours later with one sentence answers . Absolutely no help. The process of getting this up and running on our website has taken so long that the free trial is about to expire.

Response from HLA Solutions Group

Replied June 2021

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We strive incredibly hard here to make every customer experience enjoyable. We're sorry to hear that it wasn't a good experience for you. We are constantly working on improving our product and making the onboarding process as smooth & straightforward as possible. I've been digging around our records, and I am glad to see that your account is still active and you have scheduled a call this week. We'd love to take this opportunity to resolve any pending issue you might be facing and find a solution that works for you. Sincerely,

Kim from StretchStrength.com

September 2016

Genius Referrals is wonderful!

Customer service has been exceptional for this newbie. Everyone has gone above and beyond to help me set up the affiliate app on my site.

Pros

Easy to use Ability to make banners and links Social Sharing

Cons

It seems that customers must create and account, then leave website to verify email address before they are able to complete checkout.

Response from HLA Solutions Group

Replied October 2016

Hi Kim, Thank you so much for your kind words! Because of your valuable feedback we have since been able to fix the issue you faced - needing your customers to create an account - which has made the Genius Referrals experience even smoother. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve the service.

Mona from Li-Jacobs LLC

March 2015

Excellent platform for referral program

We had been looking for a way to launch our referral program. But we didn't find any easy way to do it with our limited budget. Lucky that we came across to Genius Referrals. We started from the free account, which gave us a hands on experience with this platform. We loved it. It was as simple as they advertised. The template is easy to use, very user friendly platform with social medias integrated. By far the best I have seen up to this moment. Only a few steps and approx. 10 minutes to get the program running. We can also monitor and manage the program with the tools provided. Overall, we think this platform does very well.

Andrea from Black Tie Moving Denver

Game Changer

Responsive customer service, easy to use and effective

Pros

This software has allowed us to connect with our referral partners in new ways

Cons

Overall, nothing at this point. It has exceeded our expectations

Annelise from Animalia

Great Price & Helpful Support

Overall very positive experience! Would definitely recommend.

Pros

Customer support was always super helpful! The value was also great. Once you get the hang of it, the software is pretty straight forward & user friendly.

Cons

Steep learning curve to set up if you opt to do it yourself (there is a set up package for an additional charge). Ran into a few troubles while designing the templates but customer support was always responsive and helpful, so it wasn't trouble at all. Lastly, the system lacked certain features- we did opt for the lowest package however there were certain features no packages offered.

Price and capabilities.

Katlin from Lecturio GmbH

An affordable solution

We're using Genius Referrals to manage the referral aspect of our Ambassador Program right now. The setup at the beginning was not anywhere near as easy as it is claimed to be – sure, we could set up the basic program but getting it connected to our system took much longer than it should have and as a result there was a lapse in usability time for our Ambassadors (advocates). However, the team has worked with us every step of the way and have always been responsive to feedback and fairly quick to respond when we had questions or problems.

Pros

I like the high levels of customization that I had in setting up our campaign, and the responsiveness of the team to integrate and adapt to our needs. The API connection with MailChimp is also really helpful and we were able to request every custom data point from new users that we needed when they registered.

Cons

While customization is great, we had to customize pretty much everything, which was very time consuming. I don't like that referrals are automatically added to the advocate list and that I've been having issues downloading a filtered list of advocates or bonuses (it only downloads what's visible on the page right now). However, I have alerted the team and they said they are working on fixing this for us.

Reasons for Switching to Genius Referrals

Cost.

Ville from Effortia

Genius Referrals is what they say - It is great!

If you want to make your customers really promote your product or service and not just to subscribe to some contest or sweepstakes then this is for you! Believe me when I say that I searched around the web to find the right solution and finally when I found this it did not let me down! First of all, it is so good that these guys let you have a longer than usual risk-free period to evaluate. Pricing itself is actually very affordable. These guys are sure that you stick with them and they are correct - you will. Why? Well, here this. This Platform is full of features for almost every need. Most importantly is the brilliant ideology behind the structure itself which will guide you to make something... "genius". It is the whole and complete referral system. When it comes to customer service they will not let you down. You might feel a bit overwhelmed with all the information but it is understandable. Anyhow when you play around you´ll soon see the big picture. Along the way implementing and planning my own version, I had many questions and all of which were answered quickly and professionally. By the way, they have chat for customer service purposes and they also reply to emails very fast. I am very excited to launch our referral system on our website any day now. If you are in need of a great referral solution then this is what I recommend you to try. Thank you, Genius Referrals!

Pieter from Africa4us

Great Customer Service!!

I have used Genius Referrals to launch our referral program and was extremely pleased with the amount of work they did for us from the outset. They were always ready with an answer and went beyond their scope of duty to assist with setting the program up. Quick, fast and well worth it!!!

Pros

Ability to customize your programs and the fact that your advocates can have their own logins to track their progress topped with great customer support.

Cons

Nothing

Britney from HSA

Best Customer Support Ever

I can't really give a full 5 stars on overall quality just yet, because I have not ran my first campaign. The tool seems easy once you set up and has some great features and functionality that makes the cost a really good bang for your buck. BUT what I LOVE the most is their amazing customer support. Not having much technical experience they walked me through every step of the implementation process, and even when it was something they hadn't done or seen before they took the time to figure it out. I'm so happy to have chosen this product to run our campaigns. I look forward to using this tool and working with their cs team in the future!

Pros

Cons

User Experience for setting up a campaign is difficult

February 2016

Cynthi from The Connected Rider

February 2016

Stay FAR FAR AWAY

What they won't tell you is after wasting hours of time setting everything up is that OH YEAH they don't integrate with BigCommerce unless you buy your own SSL. So kiss $200 out of your pocket annually if you want to integrate with them. Also you will need to upgrade your BigCommerce plan to even be able to add that, so kiss another$100 a month goodbye. Total will be $1400 to use "free" genius referrals. And they won't tell you until the very end. Terrible customer service too.

Response from HLA Solutions Group

Replied October 2016

Hi Cynthi, I'm sorry your experience was poor. We try to offer bespoke support for every customer's platform but unfortunately in this case we were quite far into the integration before we realized your use case would require an SSL certificate, and the large amount BigCommerce charges for this. Since you tried our service we have made vast improvements to our integration process, and continue to work hard to make it easier to get things up and running. We are bringing up more and more platform integrations all the time, so please get in touch to see if Genius Referrals can work for your business.

Alexis from Lexi's Lane Bouique

Easy to Integrate

The Genius Referral Program was exactly what we had been looking for. The integration was simple and easy and were up and running in no time. I especially like the social media integration feature. This allows the users to easily communicate with the program. The online training that is available is easy to understand for all levels of learning. Everything you need to know about the program will be learned through this training. Highly recommend for any one looking for a referral program.

Caitlyn from DressedforBattle

April 2015

Easiest referral platform to use!

It's so easy to setup the whole referral program with this platform! The cost is low for what you're getting - you get a lot of options on how to personalize your campaigns, excellent monitoring system and very helpful and friendly customer support! I was surprised how easy and hassle-free the whole process was and how simple it is to go from having just an idea to monitoring and managing the whole marketing program. Definitely recommending this to my friends!

Roman from Cappsule

September 2016

Great referral platform - very customizable

I had a lot of questions for Alain, and he provided the appropriate answers to all of them. Within a day or so I had my referral program & process together and running ,(mycappsule.com/cappsule-locals.)

Kate from Ibex house

Perfect

The learning program is easy to use and it provides best experience. I have never used this kind of program before but this genius Referrals is perfect for me. I will recommend it to others

Amanda from James SuperMart

Great Platform

Genius Referrals is a great platform. It is very simple to use and also cost efficient. We personalized our template in no time. I highly recommend this referral marketing platform.

Alan from Healthy Path LLC

Genius Referrals Solution

The team over at Genius Referrals, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], all excellent to work with, great service, we are new to the solution, but so far so good!

Pros

After researching a number of referrals campaign solution options, I choose Genius Referrals, because of its simplicity, yet complete offering capabilities. The software was able to implement my marketing vision, and easy to tweak, our marketing and email message.

Cons

The solution does take a good amount of effort of time and communication, and if you are not a techie, you will need help to integrate, like any solution.