• Pros

• "The software is easy to use and we like the ability to generate reports within the Admin dashboard. It is very reliable for our users. "

• "Once you get the hang of it and learn the vernacular it's pretty straightforward. And, it seems to have all the features I need without costing a fortune. "

• "Ease of use and my account rep., [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]"

• Cons

• "The things I didn't like have already been changed and improved upon."

• "The editor has so many areas to edit (which is a good thing) that there is the possibility that a detail may be missed. "

• "Lack of cheap and easy integration with SalesForce."

Browse Referral Rock Reviews

Brett from Parker Financial Services

The team is amazing. I'm far from a computer wizard. They have made it super easy.

Pros

Ease of use, Referral system on steroids, Setup in min, Most important it's affordable, Great tech support, Great setup support.

Cons

It's not really a con but better artwork would be nice. But you have the option to upload your own work.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied January 2018

Thanks for the feedback Brett. We have some new layouts coming out in the next few months with better graphics and styles.

Shaun from SIR Glass

Exactly what EVERY software company should strive to be like!

Pros

The list is extensive! Their integrations, their obsession to be on the leading edge of their niche, the overall customizability, and flexibility, WITHOUT being locked into a long-term contract. I think what's overall best about my experience is that they give you a 15-day trial to literally try almost every feature. Not only that, they came alongside (While still being a trial customer = no money paid yet) and they try to first understand your objectives in detail and then point you to the proper steps along the way. They're proving their worth before they ask you to pay a penny. I run my business the same way. I like to test EVERYTHING and they allowed that. Beyond that, when I did dig in and tell them what I want, they had the features and flexibility to come satisfy nearly every little complex detail I needed for my referral program. They even had features to accomplish things that I hadn't even thought of yet. PLUS, every time I had a question, they were on it or finding an answer. It's like they wanted me setup and running before the trial even approached expiration and I applaud them for that. It's the best way you can earn your potential customers business. And they were never pushy! (If anything, I was being too pushy.). In all, I saved thousands by not needing to build an app or sign up for a long-term contract.

Cons

The ONLY thing I would like to see is an app for people to download and keep logged in on. But I'm sure that will come with time.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied May 2017

Thanks Shaun. Glad you had a great experience in the buying process!

Joanna from Clickback

Your Success is Their Success

Pros

In 2016, we did a deep analysis of our Word-of-Mouth marketing and found it to be one of our most profitable lead gen channels. So, we began the hunt to find a referral program software company who could rally behind us just as our customers do. After speaking with more than 4 other companies, we signed on with Referral Rock. Why? For a few reasons: Price is competitive for what you receive UI is clean and easy to navigate They offer key feature sets which include: easy to embed widgets, single- or double-sided referral program options, one-click call-to-action for quick sign up, automated templated email messages, unique tracking for sharing, API integration, conversion tracking, reporting, etc. Weve been using Referral Rock for a few months now and I have to say that if you want stellar customer service these guys deliver on all levels. They are attentive. Will customize anything you need on the fly. By far, their team is awesome to work with and will help you get results. Also, if you provide them with feedback it doesnt get lost. Its seen as valuable and taken into consideration when they update their software.

Cons

The only con would be their reporting its limited.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied May 2017

Joanna, thank you for the kind review. Glad we can help you get all of this up and running! Excited to see you guys continue to kill it with referrals!

Poor User Experience. Poor Customer Service.

Not a fan.

Pros

The idea, maybe. Except there are competitors out there that are way better.

Cons

Supposed to make your life easier, but its conplicated and frustrating. Plus it doesnt even look professional.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied January 2019

We are more than happy to help you but we can't find you in our customer database. We have no customers in that match the information you gave of "Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees" . Also our software solution doesn't even fit the "Hospital & Health Care" industry. I don't understand why you don't mention your name, company and choose to hide your contact information. We have live chat support, email, phone, and dedicated service people for each account, so we find it hard to believe that we could not rectify the situation. Anyone who was that unhappy has received refunds. Please reach out to us so we can assist!

John from Store it Cold, LLC

Great platform and support for growing your business and engaging customers.

Automated program for rewarding product exposure and customer networking with minimal effort internally.

Pros

Automated notifications with the ability to theme your offerings. Tremendous customer support and technical ability. Integration with Woo Commerce is very helpful.

Cons

Just need more clients on it, lol Advanced training or consulting session based on your specific industry, audience, and key employee skill set would be a welcome addition. This could assist each business individually in taking their specific program to the next level.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied August 2017

Thanks John! Happy we got your tracking working better capturing order number!

Emily from Random House

Experience has been great - customer support is excellent and the platform is so unique.

Pros

We are just launching our referral campaign, but so far it has been great working with Referral Rock. With their guidance, the software is easy to use - it has been able to do everything I've wanted. The Referral Rock customer support team is fantastic and extremely responsive. Every time I've had a question or ran into an issue, they've been transparent and have helped figure out a solution right away. We have some pretty unique integration requirements, and their team worked with us very closely to get everything setup correctly. The tool was actually quite easy to set up - I like the flexibility of options it provides, especially for rewards. They also have a lot of new member engagement and email automation features that I'm excited to try.

Cons

It took a bit of familiarization before I was able to use the dashboard myself, but with the help of the customer success team, was up and running in no time.

Austin from Flo Technologies

Referral Rock rocks smart home tech referrals

By far the best part of the software is the team behind it. Our success manager is on top of every request and has been invaluable in getting us up and running quickly.

Pros

The flexibility and customization options are near endless and that makes the platform incredibly valuable for a product like ours. We are able to uniquely merge our customer experience with their underlying technology seamlessly. In addition, our success manager has been rock solid (pun intended). He's really helped us extract the maximum value from the platform, unique to our business and customer experience.

Cons

While we are in the early phases of our launch, the only drawback for some may be in the flexibility of the platform itself. Because of its flexibility, many of the functions can/should be custom built for your unique organization. While this is a huge plus for us, it may not be the best option for some.

Perry from perrypower.co.uk

Amazingly simple software to growing our referral network

Simplicity of rolling out a referral prgramme

Pros

Simplicity, flexibility and customisation options. I really like to way everything is within one system

Robert from Show-Score.com

Great Software, Wonderful Support

Our goal was to tap into our most valuable resource, our members, to spread the word about Show-Score. Referral Rock provided a lightweight, yet highly customizable solution. I highly recommend Referral Rock.

Pros

Once the initial setup is complete, Referral Rock is highly automated and makes it easy for referrers to sign up and promote your brand.

Cons

The setup is somewhat involved, but the Customer Success Team is invaluable. Rep was highly responsive, thorough, and offered great insights. There's a bit of a learning curve in regards to the nomenclature used in RR, but otherwise it's a solid program.

Taylor from Supermajority

A great tool!

Pros

I was looking for a tool that could help launch a member referral program. This type of tool is often found in different sectors and not necessarily in the non-profit space, so I wasn't sure it would work as effectively as it does for say, ecommerce. I needed an inexpensive, plug-and-play solution and found referral rock. It has worked as advertised.

Cons

It was not as intuitive to set the referral logic, but the rep on the customer success team was very helpful!

Linda from Phelps County Bank

Great Customer Service

We purchased two plans with Referral Rock. With both implementations, the Referral Rock team has been great to work with. They are very patient and responsive when we have questions. I would give them 6 stars out of 5 if I could. Representative is fantastic!

Pros

Cons

We bought a more "entry level" plan so we don't have a lot of options to customize multiple fields. There is an upgrade coming in a few months so that may give us more flexibility.

Johnny from DoubleTeamDrivingSchool.com

Glitchy but perfect for my size business

Pros

Cons

Working with the text, like font selection and size, spacing, etc. is super glitchy and I found myself finding workarounds when putting together the member and referral pages. Never did really get it to look the way I wanted it to look. And, if I indented anything it automatically inserted quotations kind of underneath the text. Everything else seems to work fine, but considering the text setup is crucial to the message it seems as though maybe some more functionality attention should be paid to that. Choosing text size is a real pain since there is no way to know exactly what size you are choosing.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied January 2018

Thanks Johnny. We are redoing the program editors in the next month or so! Valuable feedback!

Brittany from CGC Comics

Affiliate Marketing Program

I'd have to say the best part of the experience is how helpful Mica, our on-boarding/brilliant rep, is. He is helpful at all hours, via phone or email, and its made all the difference.

Pros

The reporting, analytics, tracking, and customization are what make this software great.

Cons

The things I didn't like have already been changed and improved upon.

Jay from YMCA of Metro Atlanta

One of the easiest software programs I've ever used to manage online referral campaigns.

Pros

Very reliable, easy-to-use product. Referral Rock has made it easy for us to streamline our online member referral program and significantly simplify the process. The user interface is well-designed and makes launching, monitoring, and editing referral campaigns effortless. Their support team was extremely helpful in walking us through custom campaign setup and answering any questions we had throughout the process. Would definitely recommend this product to any size business or non-profit organization looking to expand their reach through referral programs! After using the product for nearly 2 years, we've never received any negative feedback from our members or experienced any down-time with Referral Rock's hosting platform.

Cons

I wish there were more options to customize the layout and look of the rewards landing pages and automated emails. Other than that -- the software and support have been great!

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied July 2017

Thank's Jay. We are working on the cons you listed. More customizable options for pages and emails!

Joy from OneWorldDating

We have been working with Mica and the Referral Rock team and they are amazing!

Pros

We have just launched our online dating business https://oneworlddating.com & are excited about having ReferralRock as our referral program. It is so easy to use and we look forward to seeing conversion results and new member sign ups. It was so easy to design and set up our own program. It looks amazing and there is a sticky link on every page that a member uses giving them a great opportunity to refer friends and earn points. Being able to create our own pop up design was also a great feature and make it so easy for members to jump right in and send off a referral without even having to leave The Referral Rock Customer success team is one of the best and they are there for you every step of the way.

Cons

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied January 2018

Awesome! We'll make this a success for you!

Barbara from Neighborhood Sun

Industry: Environmental Services

Give Meghan Calak a raise

People trust referrals but hate using the correct link.

Pros

Your team is phenomenally supportive, ranging between my very dumb and basic questions to the slightly more technical inquiries. Always patient, never seem frustrated, and consistently beyond helpful.

Cons

The jump from basic plan to middle is huge, it should have a step between the two.

Miranda from WayUp

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Referral Rock Review

Although we haven't seen the return yet (still coming up with our strategy), we've had a great experience with Jake. He has been incredibly helpful and so responsive! Excited to see if we can make this work for us and our program!

Pros

- This is a great tool to automate your referral program (Payments, Conversions, etc.) - It's great that we have the opportunity to segment users and send emails from the platform so we don't have to export lists and do it in an external tool - If you set up the integration it makes it very easy to see how your referrals are converting and automate the approval process

Cons

- Building the pages can be difficult. There isn't much you can do with the design unless you know HTML and are able to create something. - Would love more options for triggering emails - ex. sending emails after someone's first referral, sending emails 10 days after someone joins if they don't get a referral

Dahlian from iBeFound International Ltd

December 2014

Simple but Efficient - just what we needed!

I stumbled upon Referral Rock a couple months ago when we decided to launch our Referral Appreciation Program. We were looking for a simple way to automate the referral process so as to make it easier for people to refer others. Before and after discovering ReferralRock I investigated a number of alternatives. Some were too expensive while others were too complicated. For us, ReferralRock was just right. It offered a simple interface, with tracking abilities as well as an option to manually add leads to a referrer. The main drawback that I have encountered is the inability to edit the contact details of a referrer or to complete delete one if necessary. I has provided this feedback and been informed that it is something that is being looked into. My experience with the customer service has been very good and the company is open to feedback from the users of its platform. I see a promising future for this software.

Dave from Flock Safety

Industry: Security and Investigations

Referral Rockin

We're using Referral Rock to input referral customers to Hubspot and then keep track of who we owe rewards to when those referral customers move to closed won.

Pros

The software has a lot of functionality and flexibility. We're using it for a slightly different application than a typical user and we were still able to get up and running quickly and tweak things over a few weeks to the point where we're actively using the software across multiple teams. This was due in large part to our account manager Representative was always quick to respond and helpful in thinking outside the box about how we could get to the desired results.

Cons

There's a lot of functionality so things can be overwhelming at first. Having an actual person from Referral Rock to support us was imperative in getting the process rolling.

Ed from Distributed Sun LLC

The application is very straight forward and the integration options with other services are great.

Pros

Sales and technical support are both outstanding which is extremely important when you are on a deadline to launch a program. This alone can make or break a program launch. Feature rich. Good security. Easy Zapier integration and web redirect are both very helpful.

Cons

Member first names cannot be only two characters. Would like to see base package support more programs.

George from Rachio

Great functionality and customer support

Pros

- The number of functionalities and ability to capture data a different part of the funnel - The customer service is impeccable!

Cons

- Branding the pages and website while not that difficult can be further optimized - Some of the pages can be access from several routes on the software which can be confusing, it can be optimized for easier navigation

Ann from Ruby Receptionists

Industry: Executive Office

B2B customer and affiliate referral program

Really good. Onboarding was pretty straightforward.

Pros

Ease of use and my account rep., [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Set up could be more step by step, and a clearer explanation of how everything works during the demo period.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your feedback Ann. We're working on making our software setup 10x easier. It's our #1 goal for this quarter. We have a lot more in store, glad you're with us!

Stephen from CFE Federal Credit Union

Referral Rock is a Great Tool for Getting Your Member Referral Program Going Quickly

Customer Service has been very good. Our representative is very attentive and available to meet and help out however she can. She's done an amazing job of making me feel confident with the software and the program overall.

Pros

The Referral Rock software is quite easy to use. While there is a fair amount of steps to work through before you can officially launch your referral campaign, RR has done a good job of creating a user friendly interface that almost anyone can navigate. Also, the analytics found in the dashboard are a very nice touch that gives the user a quick snapshot at the health of the referral program.

Cons

I haven't encountered any real issues with the software. It's been great.

Chgris from Ron Carter Hyundai

Please add and app!

Our biggest complaint is that once a member us added there is not easy for them to add a referral. It's not like people go to the site everyday and remember the URL:, username an PW. Please add and App! Our other is that a program is difficult to build as it is difficult to see the "whole picture" without creating test member and sending test referrals...

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied April 2017

Thanks Chris. We've thought about adding an App for the member to download. In our early testing and surveying, only 3% of people said they would download an app, so we scrapped the idea. That was 2 years ago, so it may be different now. We'll do another survey. In regards to the "whole picture" you're right, that is an active area we are looking to improve. There are many nobs and dials to turn for a effective referral program, most of our time has been spent building out these features. Once there are so many, it becomes more difficult to navigate. We are at that stage where we will be consolidating many of the pages and making it easier to "see the whole picture" Thank you for your honest feedback! It helps us get better!

Allen from Relay Power

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great price for what it is

We looked at referral platforms that had many more features and better integrations with our database (SalesForce) but they were in the $ range and intended for much larger enterprise clients. As a small business Referral Rock was affordable and came with the basic set of features we needed.

Pros

Value.

Cons

Lack of cheap and easy integration with SalesForce.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied April 2017

Allen, Thank you for the honest review. We're working on many new features that I think you'll be excited about. You on first on the list for SalesForce integration!

Katie from Precision Strategies

Customer service rep is great, the tool is too, just takes time to learn

Pros

the email templates are easily editable and most updates can take under 5 minutes!

Cons

the UI is a bit confusing in an unnecessary fashion

David from Let's Do Video

Industry: Online Media

Great, affordable product!

Our business relies greatly on word of mouth referrals. We were looking for ways to leverage that and reward our partners and clients, but the manual process was too much for our small team to handle. We started looking into better ways to manage our referral programs and came across Referral Rock! We have taken all the tedious manual work out of the equation now that we are using Referral Rock. Overall, I give them a good rating for an affordable product with great customer service. Thanks Referral Rock!

Pros

Ease of use, automatic rewards distribution, and integration capabilities

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied April 2017

Thanks David. Glad we could help

Steve from Pteet.com - Compare Daily and Annual Rental Car Damage Insurance

This referral software is very intuitive to setup and on-boarding and very affordable

Increased our customer base and exposed our brand to a much bigger audience at a very good ROI compared to the likes of Adwords.

Pros

The setup widget is doesn't take long to setup, and understand. You do need some experience with setting up campaigns, but if you miss anything the onboarding team takes you through a pre-launch call and screen sharing - which picked up the things that I had missed.

Cons

It's probably no for everyone - given it is a commitment to setup and use - the easiest thing would be to just email your customers. But this adds a layer of tracking and viral-ness given people that are referred to, can also make referrals. To get the most out of it I suggest testing various offers to find a sweet spot.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the comment on benefits! Many of our customers have found referral programs can be a great channel for user acquisition vs Adwords

Paul from Smith Rivas

December 2014

Fantastic way of managing client referrals

I've been using Referral Rock for two months now and have been very impressed. Not only does it provide a turn-key solution for managing my heretofore nonexistent client referral system, but the staff go above and beyond reasonable expectations of customer support. I'm excited about the potential Referral Rock has to kick my academic success service start-up into high gear!

October 2015

Dave from Safe Harbor Insurance LLC

October 2015

Very straightforward and easy to use.

This software has been well thought out for Users. The support offered by Joshua and his crew was terrific. We were ready to begin offering our referral program to clients within 2-3 days of subscribing to the service.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied October 2015

That's for the kind words Dave! We will continue to assist you with your referral programs so we can both be successful!

Travis from The Growth Co.

Possibly the best customer service I have ever recieved

Looked at tons of referral software and this was hands down the choice for us. This was the first time we had ever used a software like this and the customer support has been outstanding. Possibly the greatest customer support we have ever received as an agency.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied March 2017

Thanks Travis! You are a pleasure to work with!

Customer Service for the Win!

Overall, the experience has been great!

Pros

By far, the best part about Referral Rock has been the customer service. CSRs have gone above and beyond in assisting us through onboarding, building out our program, and beginning the implementation.

Lindsay from Bump Club and Beyond

Great customer service!

I don't know yet, I JUST started to use it.

Pros

It is hard to say what I like the best as we just started REALLY using it. What I have liked the best so far is that the team really wanted to get it up, running and working for me.

Cons

I needed help to use it.---without the customer support I never would have been able to get it up and running.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied January 2018

Thanks Lindsay! Excited to help you unlock referrals!

Aaron from E-file.com

Very easy to setup and very accommodating to what we need.

Pros

This was exactly what we needed and nothing we did not. It was also a great value compared to competitors.

Cons

Not quite as many features as other referral software providers. With that said, it does contain what was most important to us.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied January 2018

Thanks Aaron. This is going to be a great year for us to add to our feature set! Leaps and bounds in the next few months!

Thuy from Mosspaper Inc

Great software!

Referral Rock is helping me manage my customer referral program through this app. I find that it was easy to set up and get started. I was able to launch a program within 5 mins. It's been a great addition to helping my company grow! I highly recommend it!

Amanda from 20|20 Research

Pretty Good Referral Option

We've just started using Referral Rock for a couple of campaigns and it was fairly easy to set up. Besides a bug with displaying two campaigns on one dashboard (which they are working on), so far it has proven to be a valuable tool for us.

Janell from Afflecto Media Marketing

Customer Services is far beyond exceptional

Pros

We were honestly most impressed with the customer service and the knowledge of CS reps, and patience as we got everything set up. We look forward to working with our campaign!

Cons

The set up is extensive and a learning curve but fine once it's all up and running and learning curve is achieved.

Alex from Zenvoice

November 2015

Easy to setup referral system

Referrals are a big part of my business, so having a good system to track them is key. Referral Rock made it easy to setup a promotion and stay on top of the stats to so I knew how well it was performing!

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied November 2015

Glad we could help!

Avi from BestBus

Works great for our needs, friendly and outstanding customer service

Customers referring friends and family So brand awareness and bookings

Pros

Able to give various rewards according to different types of referrals Easy to track and see stats

Cons

Takes time to get used to all the different features Set up will require assistance from customer service

Hans from ioBridge

Results.

Finding a way to engage my current customers is difficult. I am learning a lot more about them and able to reach a larger audience by working with Referral Rock. Thanks.

Kris from IIR

Extremely accommodating customer service

Josh has been amazing helping me on board my first campaign The performance on this effort has yet to be seen since I just launched, but it seems promising

Robert from robertmac.com

great customer service for a much-needed product

Pros

This is exactly what I've been looking for and I feel like I'm on a first-name basis with the team behind it. Customer service is quick, specific, and thorough. My work depends heavily on referrals and Referral Rock rocks!

Cons

Earlier versions of the software had bugs, but my requests for changes led to improvements. Over time, I've seen the bugs get worked out and the ease-of-use increase.

February 2016

Romain from Kantox

February 2016

An outstanding customer service

Referralrock has been incredibly supportive and responsive in order to adapt to our specific needs. I definitely recommend!

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied February 2016

Thank you Romain!

Ben from XTRA CREDIT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS

Glad I found referral rocks

I've used friendbuy and kickofflabs. I've looked at several other referral programs. Referral Rocks is a great combination of features, ease of setting up, support, and of course pricing / value prop.

Response from Referral Rock Software

Replied April 2017

Thanks Ben! Happy we could help and looking forward to continue to work with you!

Christian from Doorbell Barbers

November 2015

Best customer referral program available.

We are seeing great results with Referral Rock!

April 2015

John from Aqif

April 2015

demo pls

Please give me a demo of that script

Steve from Fusion Targets

Great online referral marketing tool

Pros

One of the best things about Referral Rock is that it has a 'seamless' integration with your company's website. Which meant our referral program was built to have a real professional look. Plus, we were able to easily customize our program so that it matched our brand, which means we can provide a consistent look and feel for our customers.

Cons

There was a slight delay in getting a question answered, but I would expect that to some extent with a new and growing business.