• icon"I like most that it's fairly straightforward and pretty easy to set up. The support team is also great."
  • icon"The cost is very affordable and the customer service is great. The back end area of the site is easy to navigate and visually pleasing."
  • icon"Easy Integration with Shopify makes it easy to adopt. Has some features other's don't."
  • icon"The SOMETIMES delayed response from customer service can be frustrating."
  • icon"The user interface is actually confusing at first."
  • icon"I also am never 100% sure that tracking works. I've lost some affiliates bc they saw a large decline in revenue when we made the switch."

Browse all Refersion Reviews

• Have you used Refersion and would like to share your experience with others?

Abigail

I use Refersion to create affiliate links for my website and blog.

Pros

I can quickly create affiliate links to products I want to discuss or feature on my website or on blog posts. Easy to access and easy to create and copy links.

Cons

I do wish there was a built-in search feature for specific products rather than having to go to the website for the product and input that link to create an affiliate link for a specific product. I can still quickly create links for specific products but the extra minute of time savings when you are working with a lot of affiliate links can save a lot of time over the long run.

Kristen

Industry: Industrial Automation

May 2022

Amazing Affiliate Software!

Overall, it’s a great affiliate software option. You get a lot of features with it and it generally is very easy to use and functional.

Pros

This software is super easy to use! It tracks all affiliate analytics all in one place for you, and the data is extremely beneficial when making business decisions. I love that our affiliates find it easy to use too!

Cons

There was sometimes a glitch for affiliates trying to get signed in and customer service could be just a little bit faster to respond but other than that, everything was perfect.

Reasons for choosing Refersion

It looked cleaner and easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Refersion

I wanted more features and something with a cleaner look.

Brenten

Industry: Industrial Automation

February 2022

Tracks Affiliate Sales, But Very Glitchy

Overall, I love the data it provides and how it tracks all influencer and affiliate data pertaining to sales and traffic. This data has been incredibly useful in making business decisions. But I do not like how glitchy and underdeveloped the software is. It can use some more work.

Pros

I love how easy it is to track sales from affiliates and influencers! The data on Refersion is really great for analyzing their performance and making decisions accordingly.

Cons

I didn’t like how glitchy it is. There are so many issues with this software that require customer support to fix which is frustrating and inefficient.

Reasons for choosing Refersion

It was a good low cost option with many features still.

Reasons for switching to Refersion

I was very dissatisfied with how under developed Affiliatly was.

Rachel

May 2022

Simple and straightforward

It is been effortless and easy and one of the most user-friendly affiliate platform experiences I have had to date.

Pros

As a user, I really appreciate how clearly everything is laid out, how easy it is to understand every aspect, and how responsive the customer service team is.

Cons

But, ask someone who is an affiliate with multiple brands when I part ways from a brand and they don't remove me from refersion, I have absolutely no way of removing myself and shutting that account down and I don't like that

Ken

Pricing Surprise and Data Held Hostage

Their systems are smooth and work well, which is a shame because of their bait-and-switch tactics with pricing. I could never recommend a company that does not provide detail on their pricing scheme, then hits you with massive increases and long contract periods once you have gotten past their basic plan, which is monthly and a flat fee. I've attempted to negotiate with them, but at this point I'm not even sure that I can get my affiliate commission information as it is hidden. I highly recommend looking elsewhere for your affiliate needs-- go with a company that is up front about their pricing and contract periods.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up, and the interface is clean and well organized.

Cons

The pricing model after you have reached a minimum level of conversions switches to a percent of sales and a long term contract. We, like many online retailers, have very little margin to work with. To have the affiliate commissions double due to Refersion tacking on a % of sales commission ON TOP of affiliate commissions, and to require a one year contract, and -- most importantly-- to not let potential customers know that this is their pricing model when they sign up, is very poor business practice

Jessica

It does the job, but doesn't thrill me

Overall, if you want a basic affiliate tracking software, this is a good one. It isn't over the top with features, but it did seem reliable, straightforward to setup and the support team was great.

Pros

I like most that it's fairly straightforward and pretty easy to set up. The support team is also great. When I first signed up for this program we were using wordpress and after a short time we abandoned Refersion to go with an affiliate software that could do more for a similar price. Years later we're now switching our online store to Shopify and will be switching our affiliate software back to Refersaion. Our team members assure me that it integrates better with Shopify so I'm hoping it will indeed be a better experience this time around.

Cons

I didn't like that for the basic package you couldn't use both tracking links and individual affiliate discount codes. We would have had to pay more to integrate both features which wasn't cost effective. The platform we switched to for wordpress could do both for the same cost as the basic Refersion package. With our switch to Shopify, the basic Refersion package should be able to implement the tracking links as well as track effectively with the Shopify coupon codes which would solve my issue with the software.

Reasons for switching to Refersion

Beacuse we're switching our online store from wordpress to Shopify, we're now needing an affiliate software that will integrate with the new Shopify platform. Refersion came recommended by our web team, and having used it in the past, I'm open to giving it another shot.

Chase

Great Fraud and Charge Back Prevention System

I would highly recommend Refersion to growing and large companies looking to avoid charge backs and fraudulent orders.

Pros

This system integrates directly with our shopify checkout process. It checks for high risk orders/customers and approves or declines orders based on previous purchases and charge backs across their system. This was an easy system to implement and has saved us money over time with charge back reimbursement and avoidance.

Cons

Back end system could offer more information on why orders were declined. Other than that, everything else works great and is easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Refersion

Price and features offered by Refersion were better.

Micro-Influencer Management Software made easy

Refersion is a nice way to handle our micro-ambassadors. Rather than pay a "macro-ambassador" an exorbitant amount for promotion, we can simply rely on our loyal customers to spread the word (and get rewarded with commission for doing so).

Pros

Refersion was easy to set up. We were able to drive interested micro-influencers through a Shopify landing page to sign up for our ambassador program via Refersion. From there, it's simply making sure 1.) our potential ambassadors are old enough to participate and 2.) their coupon codes aren't out of line. It even handles payouts with ease, assuming each ambassador has a PayPal account.

Cons

We haven't found a ton of ways to use our ambassador's provided info or organize our ambassadors based on their performance.

Our competitors use it.

Reasons for switching to Refersion

Refersion made sense on a monetary level.

Market leader, solid tool

Pros

This platform is reliable and offers extensive features for both affiliates and publishers. Marketing materials are easy to upload and your program will be joined by high qualify affiliates through Refersion.

Cons

They send too many emails to affiliates sometimes and it may cause blindness issues with regard to important emails.

Jessica

Makes Shopify Affiliate Program So EASY

Excellent would recommend this system.

Pros

This was so easy to setup in my shopify store and I quickly had affiliates ready and setup to start promoting my products for me.

Cons

The software was great. Was a little bit more than I wanted to spend per month for affiliate program and it took some time to get over the hump and see a good ROI.

Maria Rosario

Successful Affiliate Marketing

This app has been very useful to us with our affiliate marketing. We are able to customize our offer, update it and implement hassle free. Tracking is always consistent too.

Pros

Hassle free sign up and tracking of affiliates. They have excellent customer service support who responds right away for any concerns you have with the app and even follow up with us. You can upload banners for affiliates to use, pay commissions directly to your affiliates Paypal or even pay them through gift cards.

Cons

We have been fully satisfied with this app and have been using it for a while now that I can't think of anything that I like the least.

Bridget

Functional, Useful, and Simple to Use

I am able to track our best promoters of this product and I am also able to incentivize influencers.

Pros

I like that it can directly track payments and allow us to complete payments right from the software. I also like how you can use the discount codes instead of the links so that influencers can include them on their IG posts.

Cons

I can't really find a con about this product because I am so satisfied with it. I cannot come up with any complaints or suggestions.

Nequitta

I had a good experience overall. I found all the things that I need on the software.

It's easy to use.

Pros

I love that everything is so easily tracked. This makes it easy for me to see what's productive and what I need to change. I enjoyed being able to tell my affiliates that they could track their progress. It helped keep them encouraged. I was even able to connect external apps and track the progress from those apps. The best part is that I was able to track these apps and not have any technical difficulties on the apps.

Cons

Connecting apps like mailchimp were my least favorite thing becasue I have no experience using some of those features (API, etc.). I found it difficult to figure out what I was suppose to be doing. I was able to figure out the Paypal intergration with the help of the blog I found on your site.

Time used: Free Trial

Not terrible as the rest

I have managed and signed up for a handful of different affiliate tracking systems over the years  both as merchant and affiliate  and am usually astounded at how bad they are. Especially the well-known, established ones. Clunky and confusing design, jargony labeling and writing, poor/undocumented/lacking integration to popular software, pricing to indicate that they're all pretty much allergic to their own dog food (whatever happened to paying for performance?), and more. Refersion is not innocent in this but still seems to be among the best of the bunch. A rich set of features, a reasonable starting price for vendors trying it out, and a design from this century is a decent start. Simple setup and integration to a platform like Shopify, and what seems like a simple experience for the affiliates lift it more. It's worth a half-hearted recommendation. Still, there is plenty of room for improvement in the design and experience.

Response from Refersion

Thank you so much for your review. This feedback is tremendously important for us so that we know what to improve on. I think we can do a better job immediately on correcting some of the confusion you've expressed. We're slowly releasing a new dashboard for our merchants and if you could kindly get in touch with me, I believe I can make your experience using our platform better today. I am also happy to hop on a call to discuss the remaining items.

Replied April 2017

Aileen

Refursion Excursion

Refersion is a really nice basic service for smaller and larger brands alike. Easily approve/deny influencers, create your own questionnaire applications and more! Also LOVE the shopify integration for supplying coupon codes.

Pros

It takes a lot of the manual work out of handling large amounts of influencers and gives you easy accessibility.

Cons

The platform is a little boring/lack-luster.

Reasons for choosing Refersion

Refersion supplied the basics we needed without it being too costly like many similar programs

Elisa

Great affiliate software

Wonderful! I love the experience I’ve had working with reversion and I would recommend them.

Pros

This is great affiliate software. It is a wonderful way to track how the advertisers are doing. It gives a lot of insights.

Cons

The marketplace is a bit hard to understand for Newer advertisers. I would love if it had clearer explanations for them.

Gabriella

An affordable solution for affiliate marketing

A low cost/affordable affiliate marketing piece of software for two of our web based companies.

Pros

Cons

It's rather cumbersome to set up (though not as bad as others we've used). I also am never 100% sure that tracking works. I've lost some affiliates bc they saw a large decline in revenue when we made the switch.

Frank