• Pros

• "Easy to use, easy to set up, and the interface is clean and well organized. "

• "The cost is very affordable and the customer service is great. The back end area of the site is easy to navigate and visually pleasing. "

• "This is great affiliate software. It is a wonderful way to track how the advertisers are doing. It gives a lot of insights. "

• Cons

• "If you want to track the sales of more than 30 affiliates the price is 4 times higher."

• "It isn't cheap. The costs aren't always justified so determining whether to use or stop using Refersion is a constant question."

• "Once conversions have been automatically approved by the software you have to contact support to deny them. As the admin of the account, I would like to be able to deny conversions myself. "

Browse Refersion Reviews

Abigail from IAPWE | International Association of Professional Writers and Editors

I use Refersion to create affiliate links for my website and blog.

Pros

I can quickly create affiliate links to products I want to discuss or feature on my website or on blog posts. Easy to access and easy to create and copy links.

Cons

I do wish there was a built-in search feature for specific products rather than having to go to the website for the product and input that link to create an affiliate link for a specific product. I can still quickly create links for specific products but the extra minute of time savings when you are working with a lot of affiliate links can save a lot of time over the long run.

Bridget from Covered Goods, Inc.

Functional, Useful, and Simple to Use

I am able to track our best promoters of this product and I am also able to incentivize influencers.

Pros

I like that it can directly track payments and allow us to complete payments right from the software. I also like how you can use the discount codes instead of the links so that influencers can include them on their IG posts.

Cons

I can't really find a con about this product because I am so satisfied with it. I cannot come up with any complaints or suggestions.

Ken from Retail

Pricing Surprise and Data Held Hostage

Their systems are smooth and work well, which is a shame because of their bait-and-switch tactics with pricing. I could never recommend a company that does not provide detail on their pricing scheme, then hits you with massive increases and long contract periods once you have gotten past their basic plan, which is monthly and a flat fee. I've attempted to negotiate with them, but at this point I'm not even sure that I can get my affiliate commission information as it is hidden. I highly recommend looking elsewhere for your affiliate needs-- go with a company that is up front about their pricing and contract periods.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up, and the interface is clean and well organized.

Cons

The pricing model after you have reached a minimum level of conversions switches to a percent of sales and a long term contract. We, like many online retailers, have very little margin to work with. To have the affiliate commissions double due to Refersion tacking on a % of sales commission ON TOP of affiliate commissions, and to require a one year contract, and -- most importantly-- to not let potential customers know that this is their pricing model when they sign up, is very poor business practice

Elisa from Estudios

Great affiliate software

Wonderful! I love the experience Ive had working with reversion and I would recommend them.

Pros

Cons

The marketplace is a bit hard to understand for Newer advertisers. I would love if it had clearer explanations for them.

Mandi from Rock Your Hair

Does what it's supposed to... but wish it did more

Pros

- Great customer service. The team is very responsive and helpful. - Like the feature to exclude certain SKUs or set a preset commission on specific products - Easy to use

Cons

- Returns/refunds need to be monitored - Sometimes search function is buggy - One application across all offers. - You cannot prevent multiple submissions: if someone uses a different email address, they can sign up as many times as they want - and if someone tried to apply again with the same email, it gives a confusing error message. - Payments sometimes show up as the wrong date - No way to access gift card numbers after they have been sent (without contacting the company)

Nequitta from Iman Watches

I had a good experience overall. I found all the things that I need on the software.

It's easy to use.

Pros

I love that everything is so easily tracked. This makes it easy for me to see what's productive and what I need to change. I enjoyed being able to tell my affiliates that they could track their progress. It helped keep them encouraged. I was even able to connect external apps and track the progress from those apps. The best part is that I was able to track these apps and not have any technical difficulties on the apps.

Cons

Connecting apps like mailchimp were my least favorite thing becasue I have no experience using some of those features (API, etc.). I found it difficult to figure out what I was suppose to be doing. I was able to figure out the Paypal intergration with the help of the blog I found on your site.

Chris from Next Page International

Not terrible as the rest

I have managed and signed up for a handful of different affiliate tracking systems over the years both as merchant and affiliate and am usually astounded at how bad they are. Especially the well-known, established ones. Clunky and confusing design, jargony labeling and writing, poor/undocumented/lacking integration to popular software, pricing to indicate that they're all pretty much allergic to their own dog food (whatever happened to paying for performance?), and more. Refersion is not innocent in this but still seems to be among the best of the bunch. A rich set of features, a reasonable starting price for vendors trying it out, and a design from this century is a decent start. Simple setup and integration to a platform like Shopify, and what seems like a simple experience for the affiliates lift it more. It's worth a half-hearted recommendation. Still, there is plenty of room for improvement in the design and experience.

Response from Refersion

Replied April 2017

Thank you so much for your review. This feedback is tremendously important for us so that we know what to improve on. I think we can do a better job immediately on correcting some of the confusion you've expressed. We're slowly releasing a new dashboard for our merchants and if you could kindly get in touch with me, I believe I can make your experience using our platform better today. I am also happy to hop on a call to discuss the remaining items.

Ellese from The CBDistillery

It has been wonderful working with Refersion. Our sales have increased significantly!

Pros

The software, reports, and integration are incredibly easy of use. Great for beginners like myself who have never worked with this kind of program. Thankfully the software is easy to use to you can usually figure out any issues on your own.

Cons

The SOMETIMES delayed response from customer service can be frustrating.

John from eCreations

Market leader, solid tool

Pros

This platform is reliable and offers extensive features for both affiliates and publishers. Marketing materials are easy to upload and your program will be joined by high qualify affiliates through Refersion.

Cons

They send too many emails to affiliates sometimes and it may cause blindness issues with regard to important emails.

Jessica from Purple Mermaid Studios

Makes Shopify Affiliate Program So EASY

Excellent would recommend this system.

Pros

This was so easy to setup in my shopify store and I quickly had affiliates ready and setup to start promoting my products for me.

Cons

The software was great. Was a little bit more than I wanted to spend per month for affiliate program and it took some time to get over the hump and see a good ROI.

Gabriella from Tiny House Enterprises, LLC

An affordable solution for affiliate marketing

A low cost/affordable affiliate marketing piece of software for two of our web based companies.

Pros

Cons

It's rather cumbersome to set up (though not as bad as others we've used). I also am never 100% sure that tracking works. I've lost some affiliates bc they saw a large decline in revenue when we made the switch.

Maria from Simply Earth

It's easy to use, easy to learn, easy to navigate.

Pros

Reports. I can easily review the performance of each affiliate which is vital in my job and know who does well or not.

Cons

I don't have the option to change the status of each conversion. Can't switch from Approved to Deny.

Corbin from Rice Love

Refersion affiliate program increased our monthly revenue by 10%!

Pros

Great way to get your most passionate customers and friends involved in promoting your brand. Sign up form, approval process, and Paypal payments all work well. Affiliates can use coupon codes or affiliate links to receive credit for commissions, which is nice. Affiliates get their own online login and dashboard to check their commissions.

Cons

MailChimp is not syncing properly. Therefore, we have to manually export and import our affiliates in order to send them mass emails through MailChimp.

Randy from Passport America

Excellent Customer Service

My email conversations with our rep have been pleasant and professional. She is knowledgeable as to what her company can and cannot do. KUDOS to her!!! 5 Stars!

Pros

Simple to setup and use. Took no time at all to get the affiliate sales process working.

Cons

API is extremely limited. Needs more reporting and CSV file downloading options.

Sara from The ZigZag Stripe

Helpful and prompt

Pros

The customer service cannot be beat! Conversions can be captured through the use of links or discount codes.

Stephanie from Dog is Good

Great, easy to use and navigate

Pros

Easy to use and easy to get help. We enjoy using the dashboard features for quick analytics. We receive some new affiliates from the marketplace.

Cons

Not enough features to message and connect with affiliates. Only some traffic from affiliate marketplace not enough

Katie from Rada Mfg. Co.

Customer Service is so helpful

Pros

Even when the program or service falls short they follow-up and work through possible solutions. The customer service that backs up the App is very helpful.

Cons

Payout methods. Currently only Paypal is supported. Also would like more flexible reporting available within the software. Maybe a report that has affiliate details and conversion/payment details all in one. That way you can sort out what information you need yourself instead of creating custom reports. Customization of the leader dashboard that has our companys logo etc. would be a nice enhancement. That way our affiliates know they are in the right place!

John from CBD Oil Solutions

Refersion is great and exactly what we were looking for! It does what it says it does efficiently.

Pros

We love how effective and simple everything is to use, from the signups to the dashboard and payouts. Easy!

Cons

We love it all! Literally no complaints about a single feature or element of Refersion, we can't think of one!

Charles from Omigod, Dibs!

Excellent

Our overall all experience has been well. The installation and set up is easy, no problems there. Can't wait to see how beneficial this product will be for business. It has a lot of potential!

Pros

Like the ability to have people do the leg work of selling, working for commission. Serious people work harder for you to earn and our products are seen and talked about by more people than us doing it ourselves.

Cons

It would be nice to have gift card options affiliates could choose to be reimbursed if they choose the gift card option instead of PayPal payouts. Like an Amazon, restaurant or other popular choice.

Edwin from Footballshirts4all

Fine-tuning to SKU levels and to affiliate commission structures are winning points

Monitoring and tracking email conversion triggers versus SKU conversion triggers.

Pros

I was pleased with how Refersion helps us scale down to SKU level when it comes to setting up a variety of commission arrangements, whether percent of sale or flat rate commission. The tracking capabilities in real time and being able to exclude certain SKUs gave us more control. When you get to understand how conversion triggers work, you can use them wisely to credit the right affiliate in the absence of the referral link being used by the customer.

Cons

When searching for specific products to create links for them, it takes some going back and forth to the website to locate the products.

Jeremy from LuMee LLC

We use Refersion to power our Ambassador Program, and have had a good experience.

Pros

Deep integration into our Shopify platform, and the essential tools we need to properly track affiliate commissions from our ambassadors.

Cons

UI could be more intuitive. It would be great if there were more pieces of the affiliate process included in the service. We have an application process to ensure that our ambassadors are the right fit for us that we currently have to run through a Google form and manually filter candidates through.

Patrice from Nzuri Gold

Industry: Cosmetics

Refersion makes affiliate marketing campaigns easy

Pros

The software makes it super easy to create and track affiliate links and manage your affiliate marketing campaigns. It's simple and does what it should.

Laura from Subscription Catalyst

Refersion has been a huge time saver for us!

Eases the complexity of end-to-end referral programs so we don't have to think about building custom integrations for our clients.

Pros

Their customer support team is highly helpful in helping you get up and running (if needed) and the platform is fairly flexible. We're using the Refersion form embedded on client sites and it's all relatively customizable to fit various brands!

Cons

The way the platform is laid out is slightly confusing as a first-time user, but I can tell they're working to fix that (half of the portal is redesigned already). Perhaps some walkthroughs or helpful guides presented upfront would make the first time experience a little smoother! However, their support team is highly responsive and can answer literally any question you have.

Rebecca from Badass Bodyworkers

Happy Reversion Affiliate User!

Pros

I love the ease and using Reversion as an affiliate. The backend / login is super easy and simple to use, and not confusing at all. I can easily get graphics, affiliate links & discount codes in just a few seconds!

Cons

Sometimes when you are an affiliate for more than one company, there are multiple logins, and if you have a separate/ different password for each login, it can be a headache to login. I have to constantly change my password to login to the correct account. I wish there was a dashboard to see all the companies I am an affiliate for at-a-glance.

Cindy from Magazine Mama

Industry: Photography

Great experience with the team and support.

Pros

The customer service is great. They are always there to help if you need it. I think I was one of the early adopters. I worked with there rep a lot to get everything set up. They were super helpful!

Cons

The only thing is that I wish they would have a way to notify you via e-mail when an affiliate sale comes thru. As it is currently you have to log in to check sales.

Chuck from Libertarian Country

Industry: Graphic Design

Good affiliate software

I love the software, ease of use, functionality, etc. Easy for affiliates to understand and signup. Just need more affiliates now! :)

Pros

Software interface, user friendly, easy signup

Cons

little difficult finding people to sign up.

Lori from AirRestore by Lori G

Very easy to understand and use. Customer service helps you quickly & correctly

A great affiliate program that fits my needs

Pros

So easy to use. Training webinars you can join live and ask questions. Detailed instructions in their help section

Cons

aaron from nationwide access llc

It does the job and that's all we need.

Pros

The app is reliable. Customer support is okay. Price is reasonable i think. Overall it a good application.

Cons

The user interface is actually confusing at first. But they improved it over time. Generating report is limited somehow.

Response from Refersion

Replied September 2017

Hi Aaron, Thanks so much for your review and feedback. It means a lot as we continue to make our service the best that it can be. Just in case, if you ever need assistance or feel confused, please feel free to reach out. Our support team is in our New York City office and their phone number is on our home page. We're always eager to help!

Darcie from Go Rings LLC

Powerful tool, good value.

Our business runs on referrals, so instead of sifting through individual sales to track commissions, refersion makes it super simple.

Pros

It's easy to implement and gives small business an easy way to track affiliate sales. Great value as opposed to having a developer build out a system.

Cons

We wanted to have dropdown functionality at checkout so our customers could choose their affiliate that way, but the team wasn't willing to accommodate. Though the answer was no, they were responsive in the process.

Sahil from OATI

Best software for affiliate marketing

Pros

I am using this software to expand my business online and i think this is the best software for affiliate marketing.It makes easier to connect with brands and we can easily track our growth in real time.Best part of this software is its very easy to use.

Cons

I havent found any big issue so far the only thing i noticed is sometime payments status get updated late.

Travis from Elevated Real Estate Marketing

Above and Beyond

Refersion's customer service team is great. We had issues getting started (no fault to them) and they took over and saved the day. We are very excited to be using this product and working with Alex and his team.

'Very Effective in Affiliate Marketing'

My overall experience has been good so far.,

Pros

Now I can create affiliate links for my blogger. it helped me to build my product sales. very effective in promoting your brands and marketing campaigns.

Cons

features of this software are limited. they should add more features to satisfy their customers.

Matthew from Tree Lyfe

just getting started so I can't really tell at the moment

none at the moment. hopefully that changes real soon and if it does then I'd be more then happy to recommend it

Pros

I don't know of a pro yet other than I have all our reps in 1 spot.

Cons

can't upload a csv file without sending it to customer service for them to send it to the developers. It takes over a week to complete this and it's annoying. I don't use your signup form so that I can track how we get our signups and because I don't use your signup form I have to batch send csv files which is way too time consuming and our rep lists are vulnerable to be duplicated the more outside hands that touch them.

Sean from Tech Team Computer Support

Affiliates Reviewed

Pros

Easy to use dashboard, Nice way to keep track of your affiliate accounts from other companies.

Cons

Not enough information on the dashboard in my opinion. Should update the systems a little faster as well.

Maryse from GirlStreamers

Great tool for small and larger business managing affiliates

Pros

Low cost when you manage a small team. Integration with apps makes it easier to keep track. Access to developers API.

Alex from Essential Oil Style

It's been a great way to expand my customer base and have seen significant amount of sale increase

More marketers on my behalf, Extra Sales and more involved customers

Pros

I like the dashboard for my affiliates and the dashboard for myself . Customer service is responsive.

Cons

The flow of the website was a little clunky. Took a few times to learn where everything was at

Mark from Easy Organic

Great customer service

They team at Refersion have been tireless in helping me compile affiliates at www.easyorganic.com.au. The tool is easy to use and schedule payments.

Michael from Livie & Luca

Pretty Good

Pros

Easy Integration with Shopify makes it easy to adopt. Has some features other's don't. Good integrations.

Cons

Not always clear about what pieces need setup. Instructions, and prompts could be better. Website not very user friendly.

wendi from Pour le Monde Natural Perfumes

A great foray into the world of affiliate marketing

Pros

Super easy to use. Less complicated and certainly cuts down on enormous expense. Great for those who are new to the affiliate marketing industry. Awesome customer service who guides you through everything.

Cons

They are growing their affiliate list so it is not as large as other companies. However, it is growing exponentially and you can't beat the affordability.