• Pros

• "The assistance provided is phenomenal. Lots of options for many things. I mostly love that they are always growing it. I hope for more options in the future."

• "The reporting options are fantastic. The fact that were have the option of producing documents in both languages is great."

• "Amazing customer service, and feedback opportunities."

• Cons

• "It is expensive... but in life I've learned you tend to get what you pay for and this system it is totally worth it. "

• "If there is a flaw it is that team makes the platform so customizable that sometimes snags occur."

• "It doesn't 100% align with how we operate, so we have to use work-arounds and increase workload to get the job done (working around Amilia's restrictions)"

Browse Amilia Reviews

Zoé from Town of Hawkesbury

Amilia, a good and user-friendly software for every employee

With Amilia, we no longer have double bookings and we are offering a better customer service. Client can easily register online and manage their activities. Our staff can easily manage rentals and contract.

Pros

Amilia is a user-friendly for company who has a lot of employees using the software. It is easy to understand, easy to learn and easy to find your way around. New employees don't need a big training, steps are pretty obvious once you know the basics of the software. The best thing about Amilia is their after-sale service. They are always contacting you to make you confortable to call if you have any question. They are listening to your concern and trying the best they could to add the features you asked for. They are always doing follow-ups with their client.

Cons

It's hard to speak to someone when you call the technical support, you can wait a lot over the phone and finish on a voicemail. If you need immediate assistance, it's hard to get in touch with someone. It seems employee of Amilia working at the technical support are new. I had to chat with them often for technical problems, and rarely they can solve my problem. They are only opening a technical ticket and getting back to me weeks after. Most of the time, I finished by solving my problem alone and find a way around. It seems sometime I know more Amilia than the customer service.

Lindsay from Urbanity Dance

Industry: Performing Arts

Excellent Customer Service, Some Functionality Still Improving

Overall, great! As I said there are some issues in finance and reporting, but the quality of their customer service and ease of use outweighs these troubles. Plus - the development team at Amilia is constantly adding and improving upon features! I am hopeful that the troubles we have had in reporting will improve as other features have over our year of using this software.

Pros

- Great customer service! Team is always available for questions ranging from quick pokes to lengthy problems - Easy to use; their mass edit tool has been a life saver! Overall has been easy to train staff in basic functionalities (registrations, refunds, creating activities, etc.)

Cons

- Finance & Reporting function still needs some work. Our comptroller has continued troubles with creating reports that show with total accuracy how our organization is performing. Amilia has been helpful in pointing me in the right direction, but their reports are not very customizable. What they lack in customization is the number of reports they offer; however that is not always enough.

Kelly from TCP

If you like to talk with Customer Support....

...Then Amilia is for you! They are super nice, and very helpful in trying to find solutions. My problem was that there were just too many problems to be solved.... I encountered a lot of "wackiness", which is my general term for things not working as described. For example, I ran a report and got data from someone else' business records in a different language and from 2007... In the onboarding process, the sales guy was sooooooo nice. Promised me no problem to cancel if it didn't work out. They originally wanted and entire year's commitment but there was no way I would commit my new business to an unknown for an entire year.... so I signed up based on the promise of a way out. I was initially very excited... their support to get setup seemed very strong. But throughout the setup process, random bugs in the system simply resulted in unproductive time sucking loops and holes. Promised flexibility proved to be "oops - nope, can't really do that"... so I was never actually able to open up shop with the Amilia system. The first impressions are great ~ but Salesman was Not Nice when I had to break up with them. I was held to pay an entire month in advance because they were closed over the new year holiday and I was unable to contact anyone to make my cancelation by the end of month deadline. Their response when I tried to make my case implied that I should actually owe them more money for "all the time they spent training me" - which was really us all trying to fix the wackiness that occurred during my setup process. Just not worth it until they get it sorted out. Could be a really cute system for a simple setup. And their support team is really nice. ;)

Pros

customer support is very nice

Cons

not flexible enough

Response from Amilia

Replied October 2016

Hi Kelly, Thank you for your feedback, we are not taking it lightly. We are sorry to hear about your mixed experience with Amilia and understand how frustrated you were with the process. Every business we come across is different and we are actively and consistently learning about the diverse and complex business rules that our current an potential clients have. As a result, we've implemented new procedures to double and triple check that we are a fit for the businesses we work with. If you have any other feedback (good or back)for us, we'd be happy to hear it. You can reach us at customersuccess@amilia.com

nicole from Royal City Cheer

Excellent customer service

It's been wonderful. I'm huge on personal service and they have the best help.

Pros

Cons

It was a complicated learning curve. And some features that the "other guys" have, are not a priority for amilia.

Options.

Dwayne from Trevor Williams Kids Foundation

Great Software - Very valuable to any organization

Pros

This is an amazing software. We are using it to track registrations and transactions relating to our summer camp. This software has helped the organization throughout the summer. We are now working through the financial reporting to for the previous year. The major reason for our organization was the ability to generate RL-24 tax slips.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for this software. We need a few weeks to get used to all the functionalities. I would like to see some additional functions added: 1- Ability to back date transactions 2- Track and issue donation receipts 3- Send notification to different email address' based on the activity 4- More options for levels of access (ex: the ability for agent to 5- Easier/Customization financial reporting

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

FANTASTIC and personalized customer support. From sales to implementation to deployment, support was always and is still always available to address any and all of my questions. The personnel are always very eager to help find a solution.

Aaron from Bally Sports Group LLC

Bally Sports Review

Overall, I have been happy with using Amilia for my registration system. I really like the majority of the customer service people that have assisted me.

Pros

I like how clean and professional the store looks. I also like the capability to offer installment payment plans, early bird discounts, and tiered pricing for my camps.

Cons

Some of my logos don't fit correctly on my store. I've lost some money trying to merge a variety of discounts together that customer service was not able to find a fix for. I think the Dashboard could use some slight improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

Cost and smaller size/better customer service.

Natalie from Maximum Velocity Gymnastics

Good software but not for my business

I was sold something that I was unable to use after being promised that it could be customized to fit my business. There is a contract involved and I ended up paying for 2 different platforms since Amilia was not something that I could work with.

Pros

Many features with plenty of bells and whistles. Can be customized to an extent and would be a useful platform for many businesses.

Cons

I was not able to use the software for my business. It showed families the amount a year of classes would cost and wouldn't allow for the payment options that they have been accustomed to since I opened. Setup was tedious and very complex.

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

It seem innovative and intuitive and that it could work for my business but that was far from the case.

Gord from Woodstock Gymnastics Club

The People Make it Great

One of the best companies I have dealt with

Pros

Easy to set up Lots of Flexibility to deal with different scenarios Staff is accountable and fixes problems very quickly

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

Best staff support, and met all of our needs

Caitlen from Upward Sports Canada

Just what we were looking for!

One of the biggest benefits of using Amilia is the different tabs. There are times we will sit in a meeting and someone will say I saw this option on [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I think that would work great for us. So Amilia has helped streamline what we already did and jump started us into new services to provide our customers.

Pros

This product really helped us take the next step with our customers. The experience for them and us was way better than when we used other forms or software.

Cons

For an activity, parents have to sign their kids in/out on paper. The form that is given to help print out that sheet isn't what we need for our purposes and the options to change it don't quite suit what we are looking for.

gillian from cascades club

easy to use

promoting cubs activities registration collection of fees

Pros

Its very helpful to be able to share lists with staff collecting fees is so much easier Amilia doing the RL24 tax credits saves a lot of time fun ways to integrate clubs themes/photos into activities

Cons

a couple of suggestions Amilia could do review of companies sites so that they could have suggestions/catch mistakes to save time later on down the line english and french pages would be helpful also to add an email template feature so that we could send out e-mails to more than 50 people

customer support is fantastic

Nicolas from Laws of Motion - Trampoline and Tumbling

Easy to use, Great user interface, common sense features, great ROI, and amazing customer support

Great ROI, mainly from a drastic reduction in time spent taking registrations, setting up new sessions, and collecting outstanding balances from clients.

Pros

The number one feature by far is online registration, before switching to Amilia we had to manually register all our clients. The process was inefficient and took up a lot of time that as a small and new club we needed to be spending on focusing and improving our core business. With our old system we had to chase people down for money, and deal with bounced cheques and all sorts of nonsense that no one in the services community should have to deal with. The online registration worked exactly as promised, and with that came all sorts of additional features like class management and communication tools that worked incredibly well. Having all our clients be forced to pay upfront saved us literally thousands of dollars our first year alone. Admittedly we were terrible at chasing people down with outstanding balances, but we didn't get into the gymnastics club business to become a accountants/collections officers. The online tools were super straight forward, and the customer support was fantastic. Every time we had an issue or problem with the system the customer support would provide prompt responses and walk us through the mistakes we had made or give detailed explanations as to how we could better set up our sessions to avoid future problems. They would even log into our account and make the changes for us that were labor intensive due to the type of mistakes we made when learning the system. Overall switching to Amilia was the smartest business we ever made.

Jessica from Airborne Trampoline and Tumbling

Airborne LOVES Amilia. It is so unbelievably easy to use as both an administrator and customer.

Again, so much! We moved from another registration system last June and Amilia is beyond amazing. Amilia is extremely user friendly, especially as an administrator. Inputting and creating classes/activities is so quick and easy. Two of us worked at the same time and created our entire Spring Session in under two hours. It has saved us tons of hours worth of work. It's also easy for our customers to use. We have put all of our competitions, uniforms, tickets for events all on Amilia. Customers are notified and they can easily go on and purchase without help from us. It's really neat how much we can personalize our store too. Not just with colours but pictures, fonts, layout, AND I love that you can move activities around to the order can change AFTER finalizing the program. Airborne loves Amilia.

Pros

So much. It is SO easy to use. I have worked at numerous companies with different online registration processes and Amilia is by far the most user friendly. It does everything we need it to do and so much more (but not so much that's confusing either). I enjoy that I can design attendance sheets to exactly what coaches need to know, customers are easy to look up by either parent or athlete name, their personal and payment information is right there. It's easy to export financials and reports into excel or as a PDF, being non-profit and passing this information onto a volunteer treasurer, ease of accessing that info is important. Creating & adding activities is also easy, I just added August birthday parties in 5 mins. We have also had a lot less complaints or questions from customers regarding our this system registration. They find it simple & easy to access, especially during tax season this year. I think my favourite part is that I can also view the store front as both an administrator or a customer. If I am unsure of font, pictures, anything I can very quickly pop onto the store front to see what the customers see. Oh! Small thing, but I also appreciate the "Home" page after logging in. I love to see what classes have been registered for in the past 24 hrs, which months have been our busiest, to see customer visitation as soon as I log in. Not only does Amilia do that tracking for us, but it's easily visible. Customer service and support has been AMAZING.

Cons

I do find a little on the pricey side. As a smaller-ish non-profit that's a big factor. It's not just Amilia but also adding in Netbanx fees. However, we just adjusted our fees to accommodate. As a positive, customers aren't constantly asking "why do I have to pay this processing fee." I also find going between Amilia and Netbanx a little confusing. Sometimes dates or deposit amounts don't quite line up so it takes a little bit of digging and math to make sure transactions are being book keeped on our end properly. But, it really is a small issue. It's hard to give a "least" when every time I have a problem, I relay it onto customer support and my issue is addressed within 24 hours. Even questions about Netbanx, Customer rep walked me through everything. Rep rocks ;)

Response from Amilia

Replied May 2017

Amilia loves Airborne back! Thanks for your review Jessica :)

Eli from Makam Dance Academy

A promising software but still has some ways to go.

Pros

- Available in French as well as English, a necessity in Montreal - ASTOUNDING customer service! and that's coming from someone who trains customer service departments! - Decent programming flexibility for Dance studios and service providers - Space rental programming included

Cons

- Difficult learning curve for our clients - Lack of real integration with website (only nested window) - Unintuitive purchasing process for services (and products) for clients, even those who are familiar with the software - Primitive phone app (Android & iOS) with very little functionality to go along with the main program, for both clients and administrators. - Steep learning curve for administrators who are not very tech savvy - No integration with ANY accounting software (ex: Quickbooks) - No integration with a POS system (ex: Square) - On the expensive side for what is offered compared to other companies, especially with the percentage taxing of sales they deduct EVEN if clients pay cash. - Sub par visual aesthetics and no real control to administrators to change it. - No Google bookings, which is becoming more and more important in service-oriented businesses.

Arisa from Centre Karma Sport inc.

Good software

We joined Amilia when it was in its earlier years, when the customer service was more personal. Now fast forward a few years later, with successful growth, and the customer service is not as it used to be. Also, amidst the current global pandemic of March 2020, we did not feel like they were empathetic to their main customer base's realities. Overall, the product is fine, with space to grow, but the customer service needs to step back to its roots.

Pros

We appreciate the website integration, and ongoing added features that help us better operate.

Cons

We are having a hard time with the bookkeeping aspect of it; having to go on another platform to check deposits, and not being able to automatically reconcile operations so we still have to do it by hand in 2020. Our customers are also having a hard time with the ease of use of the interface; we have gotten many calls that some were unable to register due to photo file restriction and other issues.

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

Most of our city's sports and leisure business were using the platform so it was simply easier to offer a similar system.

Joe from Rain City Communications

Industry: Executive Office

Amilia - Great Program

They have a great customer service fleet of people. They return emails in the morning, and ask if your issue has been looked after.

Pros

The easy integration into our club. Once easily set up, we can now see who is purchasing, with all the and track what they are purchasing as well. Before it was too hard to see where they were registered in multiple classes

Cons

Hmmm. I know there were a couple things, but don't recall...They were a couple "Nice to haves", but nothing crazy. Would be nice to have an interactive ability to send messages to all clients like TeamSnap.

Cost

Katherine from Supercamp @ Vanier College

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Amilia Review

Amilia has been a tremendous time saver! The vast majority of our registrations are now made online by the clients themselves. Couple of things to improve and functions that are not compatible with our use/needs, overall very satisfactory.

Pros

- User-friendly both for the administrator and the clients. - Allows automatic RL24 Tax Receipts generation. - Constant Contact list intergrated. - Attendance lists and template lists made easy. - Group-making and friends-pairing made easy. -Mass editing of programs. - Live online chat support.

Cons

- Custom post-dated payments on credit cards. - Modifications/updates to post-dated credit card payments. - No direct access to Constant Contact from participants, only from Account Owners. - After mass generation of RL24, modification and further RL24 generations done one by one. - Scheduling more or less effective. - Restrictive for non-Amilia online money solution partners. - No refunds straight onto credit cards from platform.

Sheryl from Comité Jeunesse NDG

Amilia a timesaving program

We have been using Amilia for a few years for our 3 day camps and the experience has been very rewarding. The program has helped us to be more efficient on registration days and given us much more flexibility in how we can do registrations. We now offer phone support to our clients to help them register from home. The program is easy to learn and we now have 3 of our office staff who can handle our registrations, process new relevés 24 and take care of payments/refunds. The installments have been a lifesaver for many families who are struggling financially. We have spread payments out over a four month period. The webinars and live support are great! The techs are very quick with the responses/solutions. Amilia is a company that listens to their clients and makes major changes accordingly. Bravo for the good work.

Pros

Cons

The bank depositing system makes it very difficult to account for individual program payments. The monies are transferred to the bank every few days but the deposits never seem to match up with the sales for that time period. On a monthly basis it is fine or if it was only one program to report. When we try to break down the payments by program when deposited it doesn't add up. We have no choice but to do the accounting on a monthly basis which is challenging during day camp season. (we have 3 camps)

Simon from Club de patinage de vitesse de Longueuil

Amilia is a time-saving platform with tons of features!

Amilia is a versatile software that is really easy to use. We could not do without it now that we adopted it!

Pros

Amilia is an all-in-one tool that is easy to setup and to use. It allows us to save valuable time from our volunteers to focus on the development of our organisation. Other than being an online registration tool, it also manages product sales, memberships and rentals. Payments can be made online by credit card or offline by various methods. Amilia produces attendance lists, contact lists and financial reports that facilitate accounting. Customer support responds very fast and helps to set up the different features. Amilia developer team listens to the specific needs of our organization and adapts its platform to those needs. Many suggestions we have made have been implemented.

Cons

Simplification of the checkout process would be nice, especially in admin mode.

Marcelle from CS MRO

Quick review

We are able to offer a very tailored service for our house league. The accounting reports have improved enormeously over the last 2-3 years.

Pros

What we like the best with this software is to be able to mange our groups with different offers.

Cons

The ultimate fee to use online registration and payment on line is very expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

TSI Sports did not allow to program different house league services. One one format.

Rhys from Spirit Athletics

Amazing Registration Platform with an Outstanding Team!

Everything is all in one place. The system allows our program to keep things organized and works within our business framework. It makes things simple for us on the business end of things and clients on the consumer end of things.

Pros

Amilia is a great platform with tons of features. There was a learning curve when adopting the platform, however the on-boarding and support team were super pleasant to work with (and still are). Suggestions that I have made have been implemented and team does actually value input from the clients to find ways to make the system better.

Cons

While not an overall deterrent, it was difficult to manage payments in some cases as payment info was not saved. This however has been amended and now clients can choose to save their credit card info. It would be beneficial to have all payment info automatically saved, however I understand the stipulations and hold-backs on this (privacy etc). A few other items that I’ve had have been resolved and the system has been updated accordingly!

Lisa from Leaside Skating Club

Amilia Software review 2019

The CS team is AMAZING. I have never felt so supported with a product. The chat is very easy and quick and always helpful, if I need to call I can and there is also a forum of other users where if I have the time I will go and look for answers. They have a huge knowledge base that I can refer to as well.

Pros

I like how clean the pages look and how much data you can get. Anything I need is there and I can also do it from my mobile phone. It has so many capabilities. I love that I have all the control on this system to change anything I want, when I need to. Registering for a client is very easy. Refunds are very easy.

Cons

It has so many capabilities, I am still trying to learn it all. Sometimes I wish for a little more basic but I think once I get the hang of it, it will be easier. I am the only user

Jamie from Airdrie Edge Gymnastics

Amilia at a Gymnastics Club

Pros

User interface is much stronger than our last product. Easier to use and easier on the eyes.

Cons

Billing is difficult and confusing each month. Far too much time has to be spent by our administration to reconcile with our bank account.

Kerry from Edson Tumblers Gymnastics Club

Amilia Review

We can now offer nearly all programs as online registration and payment. It is much easier to track our numbers and clients.

Pros

It's very easy to set up each session of classes for our gymnastics club. We can copy and paste the previous session and save even more time by just making a few minor adjustments.

Cons

It can be difficult to apply credits/refunds etc in a way that balances the account. The steps to do so can be confusing especially if you don't do it often.

Keri from Freeze Athletics

Amilia Works

Pros

Set up and transition in to Amilia was good - they are helpful and always available over the phone for help when you need it. I own a cheerleading gym and the product is so customizable which is exactly what I was looking for. My clients can go through the Amilia portal and select which class and time they want to register for - they know how long it lasts and can even set up a payment plan without me touching the registration.

Cons

Financial integration is not great - I wish there was a more seamless way to see your batches of bank deposits. It is also quite expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

quality customizable product that was easy for our clients to use

Lena from Entourage Management

So thankful to have found this software!

Pros

This software is super easy to use & operates in an intuitive way. My team was proficient in pretty much all areas of the system in less than a week. The interface is clean and easy to set up. Reports are great and allow for flexibility in how to request the information. Payment processing is easy and accounts are simple to follow. Love! Love! Love! Software usage is affordable and it offers a great value to my company.

Cons

The checkout process has been a little unclear for some of our clients - although it's probably only been less than 5% of those that are registering that are having issues. A little more control or simplification here could be nice. A few of the financial reports could use the ability to drill down a little further into the numbers. Anything that we have asked for through Support has been addressed and I expect future modifications will fix anything that I've come up with. It would be nice to be able to customize email content without the use of HTML.

Tyler from Reach Gymnastics Club

Good customer service and basic features are easy to use.

Pros

Easy to manage all of our customers' information and keep track of payments, balances, and methods of payment. Also easy for customers to use.

Cons

Many functions that we use frequently are difficult to use and over complicate the process. For example building programs specific to our use does not have functions that would make it easy for us to do (set visible to client day/time, add remove access code automatically). Also switching students from one class to another especially from one program to another(because we were forced to make multiple programs with way software is set up) can be complicated and convolute the customers billing tab. The inability to change tax rates (native status card holders) makes billing for those customers difficult as well as ensuring I calculate our HST information when doing the books.

Sandra from Center for Life Enrichment

Amilia has made our life easier

The support team is amazing and has helped us through many questions as we were setting up the program. They take our suggestions seriously and follow up promptly and professionally. The program is easy to use for us in administration and for our client base.

Pros

Our members are able to access the program and make changes to their schedule easily.

Cons

I would like the calendar to show drop ins as well as sessions.

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

Recommendation from one of our board members and customer support. Price was also a consideration and Amilia has saved us money.

Anna from Vancouver Tap Dance Society

Industry: Fine Art

Switch to Amilia

Great!

Pros

Amazing customer service, and feedback opportunities.

Cons

Doesn't always have the features, or specific adjustments we would like. Does take some time learning the ins and outs of the system.

October 2015

Kyle from Kyle Shewfelt Gymnastics

October 2015

Best Online Registration product available...and continually getting better!

After an extensive search and intense "free trial" period with various options, we decided that Amilia was the right fit for us to manage our online registration, merchandise sales and customer database for our gymnastics facility and we are thrilled with the results thus far! From the get go, the support team guided us through the set-up and made sure we were ready for our first registration period. They went above and beyond to ensure we understood the back end of the system and that all of our current customers were transferred over from our former system. Change is always hard, but they made it as painless as possible. Amilia is easy to use and has saved us valuable time. Our team actually stared at each other in disbelief on the evening of public registration because the classes were filling and the phone was silent! Obviously our new customers found it intuitive to use as well! We actually closed the office 30 minutes early and went for a beer to celebrate :) The Amilia team is highly responsive to product feedback and they were very quick to release a feature we really needed: waiting lists. It seems like there is a constant wave of awesome new features added. Talk about pro-active; each time we ask for a new feature, it's usually in the development stage already! No need to worry...the adoption time of new features takes mere minutes with the step by step guides and support from our specialist, Marianne. We have been so impressed that we have moved our Birthday Party and Camp Registrations over to the system as well. We are very pleased with our choice and we highly recommend Amilia to anyone looking for an online registration system that is both appealing from the customer side and easy to use from the administrative side. What a great combination!

Charles from Guelph Saultos Gymnastics Club

Amilia has been a great fit for our gymnastics club

Pros

The software has a very nice and functional layout for both Administrators and Clients. It is very easy to use and to train new employees as administrators. We have received positive feedback from our Clients on the ease of use of this registration system.

Cons

Honestly, I really don't have any cons . . . I feel that the Team at Amilia has made a lot of improvements in the software in the past two years, they have a responsive customer service team and continue to advance the functionality of the software.

Caroline from École de Cirque VireVolte

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Yes, im online!

Pros

Easy enrolment. Clients register online and fill out all the forms needed before their first class. It is easy to track, to adjust the group classes and to send invoice to clients. Customer service by chat is really effective when you have a tiny question about a feature.

Cons

I had a lot of issues getting my RL-24 done. It took the equivalent of 1hr/day to try to resolve the problems and it was ongoing for a month.

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

Because it was in french and based in Montreal. I also had to use it in a previous job. Also, it was easy to use. I trusted this company because it had already quite a few (good) clients.

Sheldon from Beach Cheer Athletics

Review for Amilia

Overall the experience is better than other systems we have used before. We do appreciate the customer service aspect.

Pros

We really like how the customer's see the store. The point and click is easy enough to use. Once all of the little bits are set up in the back end it is easy to copy and paste and see lists and keep the systems organized.

Cons

The initial set up did take a very long time. There are a few issues with e-mails; Only 1 customer on file receives the e-mails and we would like an option for all e-mails on file to receive it. Additionally, we would like our coaches to receive an e-mail notification when someone registers into a private lesson or a class so they can keep up to date with new enrollments. When we send out e-mails we also need that to be sent to the instructor that is linked to the activity.

Dany from Dimension Cheerleading

Perfect software with perfect service

Great exprience overall, and amazing costumer service. Our life is so much easier since we are with Amilia.

Pros

Easy to use, the interfaces are really user-friendly and easy to navigate, both sides of the application (client and administrator) and there's a lot of fonctionalities that fit perfectly with our needs as a cheerleading club. Also, there's plenty of useful finance reports we can easily extract.

Cons

I don't really see any "cons". Sometimes there's mini features I would like to have or things I don't know how to do, but then their costumer service is always there to answer really quick and have it figured out.

Etienne from Centre d'équithérapie La Remontée

Industry: Philanthropy

Yes Amilia helps us

I would do it again. Unfortunately, it is not quite as efficient as promised.

Pros

It delivers what it promises. The online support is superb. Prior to Amilia, we had separate systems for scheduling, billing, maintaining the client data base. It is now all integrated.

Cons

It did not bend enough for the scheduling we need. Our needs could not be met as our services are more customized than the standard sport or cultural sessions offered by municipalities for instance

Reasons for Choosing Amilia

Local availability (Canada); good salesman.

Carey from Winstars Gymnastics

It's has been an amazing experience from day one!

Pros

All of its functionality and the ease of navigating through the product. Amilia continues to make changes/upgrades so that the product is more useful to any business.

Cons

That I cannot spend more time working with it. As an owner, there are times that I must spend other time with different administrative work.

Trevor from Play Project

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Easy to use, but too pricey for what you get

Pros

I like the ability to integrate the store via iFrame, as well as their customer service. Their help staff are all great.

Cons

The cost, since they take 1% and a monthly fee it's pretty excessive compared to other businesses. There are other platforms in the industry that do the same things for not nearly the same amount.

Jeremy from Pegasus Gymnastics

Amilia is very user friendly for both the administrator and the clients!

Pros

We like how easy it is to use. We receive very few questions from customers on how to use the system. The back end setup is easy to use and accomplishes all our needs of the organization.

Cons

Like any software there are always tweeks that need to be done. But they are open to hearing these issue and working with the clients to fix them for the future.

Response from Amilia

Replied May 2017

Thanks for your review Jeremy! We love working with you guys and are happy to hear that both your staff and your clients find it easy to use :)

Negar from Dawson Boys and Girls Club

Amilia for community centers

the customer service was exceptional at responding to requests in a timely manner

Pros

Widely used platform that members/clients can be familiar with already or can become familiar quickly

Cons

Functions seemed patched-on at times and weren't integrated properly with all features

Nicole from Ottawa Gymnastics Centre

OGC Feedback

Overall, Amilia is a fantastic system in terms of it being very user friendly for members and clients. Our online registration numbers have gone up, and there are less people calling in to register now - which we believe is all because Amilia is user friendly and simple to navigate. It has definitely been a positive change for OGC overall. However, I have been disappointed in the lack of follow up from the Amilia chat (please refer to my explanation in the survey comments) . I also was disappointed at the beginning of our journey with Amilia as all of us here felt as though we were thrown into the deep end. I had about a 3 hour training session with Amilia to show me how to add clients, create activities, and take payments. Little did I know, this was literally the bare minimum of what I would need to know to serve the OGC community (over 2,000 members). I would have appreciated a more extensive training with myself and my team to get us better equipped for the switch. I have several enhancement requests that I have submitted and seen nothing change, or that I would like to speak to you directly about that I believe would not only benefit the OGC, but every other company that works with you. These requests are mainly in order to save time administratively, or to ease some complaints we have received from customers. I will create a document with such requests and submit it to Betty by e-mail. Thanks for your time,

Heather from Celebration Education

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Frustrating

Pros

I like the ability to duplicate classes to make a new season. I like the idea of the tags.

Cons

For all the features, it's not as flexible as I expected. I was looking for something that would increase communication with our families, but this system made it worse. I still have teachers that have not been able to get on, so every time they need something I have to do it for them. This is more work for me. When COVID-19 hit, I needed to email all our families at once, but there was no way to do it. It was necessary to have all our families join another platform so we could better communicate with them when all our classes went online. I will be dropping Amilia as soon as our 1-year agreement is over.

Good price, good salesman

Beatrice from Guelph Saultos Gymnastics

Amazing online registration software.

Positive experience overall.

Pros

Technical support team is excellent. Live chat option is fast and very knowledgeable. Features and modules offered are easy to navigate.

Cons

There isn't a way to upgrade from one membership to another.

David from Camp Kagama

Great advancements in short time, but still needs more

Pros

Seamless. Clients can use any OS or device to submit their information to us, and payments are connected through same. Amilia is a BIG improvement to our previous system.

Janet from Scarborough Gym Elites

It has been very positive - an easy transition from our paper based system.

Pros

We actually love most everything. However some of the great features, that we really take advantage of are the installment options, promotions and discounts. We find everything to be very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

There isn't a lot that we don't like, but we hear from some customers that the user experience is confusing. We would also like a few different reports and/or report options. For example, we use manual attendance and find the attendance sheets are not practical.

Becca from The Salvation Army - Ontario Great Lakes Division

Amilia Review

Again, if you don't currently have any registration software this would help. The front end users (those registering) probably won't have too much trouble. But as the one on the back end setting it up, it is not user friendly or intuitive at all. I have been using it for over 6 months and still am struggling. In comparison to our old registration software I find it poorly organized and weirdly done. Given the choice I would go back to my old software.

Pros

If you are planning on selling items or do not currently use a registration software this is better than doing it "old school" with paper registration.

Cons

It feels too much like an online shopping experience when what I need is a registration experience. The front end user experience isn't really effected by this but the back end, admin side of using Amilia is confusing and oddly arranged. It is not organized (physically or in terms of use) in a way that make sense, I constantly am missing things when I am setting up a new registration.

Carey from Winstars Gymnastics Training Centre

It has been a great experience having Amilia as our business solutions platform.

Pros

The many functions of the software are incredible and easy to use on all levels. They continue to upgrade many functions and add new functions, too.

Cons

The Help bubble (bottom right corner) gets placed over top of some data at times. It becomes annoying when attempting to read the screen.

Caitlin from Rogers Society

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

All the features I was looking for at an affordable price, and great service.

So far, I've been very pleased with both the software and the support from Amilia. I look forward to continuing to test its capabilities!

Pros

The features and functionality of Amilia are a great fit for our small non-profit community centre, at a price we can afford. Even better, Amilia has a great process for capturing users' suggestions and improving the platform. There are always new improvements happening.

Cons

It is missing one or two features that would be nice to have, but it sounds like they are being worked on. A couple of users have had challenges registering on mobile devices, but the support team has been very helpful in troubleshooting.

Pricing, features, Canadian!

K from REINVENTION

Amilia has terrible functionality issues and even worse customer service.

Pros

There is nothing good about this software -- use at your own risk. On the plus side, it's easy to find better options.

Cons

Amilia has terrible run-time issues and unresponsive, downright hostile customer service. The company only has 65 employees after years in business and their only investor is their CEO -- that should be telling. Amilia is no longer in Beta; they should be working to resolve their substantial SaaS platform functionality issues by now. I raised valid concerns on Amilia message boards and via their social media accounts for one of our clients for DAYS, trying to get resolutions to their platform functionality issues and was personally accosted on Linkedin by their company CMO. Shocking! Amilia doesn't understand the very basic tenets of customer service and their event registration platform -- to quote the hundreds of complaints our client has received in the past few days -- "stinks." Try EventBrite, Attendify, even a WordPress plug-in. Avoid Amilia at all costs, unless you are willing to anger and lose your user base.

Response from Amilia

Replied May 2018

Hi Kirsten, We could not find you in our database. When we tried to ask you who you claim to represent, we were shut down. Understanding who we're trying to help is our 1st step when clients have an issue with the platform. We're very happy to report we are on track to grow to 80 employees by June 2018! We're also not sure where you got your misinformation about our CEO and equity structure. We're a private company and those details aren't publicly available. While using social media and message boards to get help may seem like a great idea, we recommend using our support line, email or chat to get issues resolved in a timely manner. We monitor calls, including yours, to ensure the level of service meets our client expectations. We help 900 organizations, 5,000 admins and 600,000 users simplify their day-to-day with registration, memberships and management needs. We have maintained a Customer Satisfaction score of 95%, which is one of the key metrics we track and improve.

Sidney from Homer Watson House & Gallery

Basic Software, Missing Key Features

Amilia has been very troublesome for our organization. The help team is great but often the program simply doesn’t have the capability to fix the issues we’re facing.

Pros

The software covers many aspects of our business including members, programs and merchandise.

Cons

The program is missing many key functions, such as ability to schedule flexible camps, assign varying membership levels and the reporting is very limiting and difficult for our bookkeeper.

Cost.

Geneviève from Village de Senneville

First year user

Incredible customer service! Very nice platform, easy to use and userfriendly for the customers. Thank you!

Pros

Userfriendly

Cons

Not bilingual. Need more filters to export database. Need more possibilities for promo et frais

Response from Amilia

Replied April 2017

Hi Geneviève, thanks for your review! We take customer service very seriously and keep working on making the platform simpler and intuitive. We'll have someone contact you about making it bilingual - there are a few options you might not be using to leverage that.

Eric from March-Kanata Skating Club

Easy to use and functional

Pros

Functionality is amazing and easy to use. Has allowed our organization to improve operations and enhance the club experience. Has also automated many previously time consuming processes. Great system and support for the product.

Cons

Inability to use a Schedule 1, Bank sponsored payment processor. ie: Chase Paymentech). Seems like only choice is the expensive, non-Bank sponsored"Optimal"