What are Brushfire users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Brushfire software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like the ease of use on the user experience end. Customer support from the Brushfire team is outstanding."
  • icon"What I like most about this software is the price and customer service."
  • icon"Brushfire was a game changer for our recent regional student event. Registration was a breeze for the 2,000 attendees- the scanning feature is awesome."
  • icon"Accessble on the internet but difficult to recieve."
  • icon"Sometimes the layout of content and where to make edits is confusing. There might be a more intuitive layout option."
  • icon"It was a little difficult to initially set up events but Brushfire customer service responded immediately to any difficulties we had."

Browse all Brushfire Reviews

• Have you used Brushfire and would like to share your experience with others?

Lucas

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Does the (basic) trick

Gary

Awesome customer service that backs up a great product

Pros

Easy to setup as the Brushfire staff are always on hand to help Exactly what we need for our event planning

Cons

Any problems I have had with it, customer service have always found a good soloution.

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

They were too expensive and had too much additional advertising

Response from Brushfire Technology

Thanks for the kind words Gary!

Mikel

Absolutely Incredible.

My overall experience with Brushfire is incredible. I mean, hands down their customer service is the best. Any time I need something, I send a quick email and get a response within the hour. The team takes on the problem as their own and helps me to find the most creative and best way to solve it. I also love that it's not a one-size fits all approach. The customization in form creation is amazing and the team helps in bringing the desires to life!

Pros

I absolutely love the back end of brushfire. The update to the "Manage" page really increased the usability and ease of finding things. Oh, and the reporting feature. I love the ability to create custom reports within the same system and not have to download multiple spreadsheets to create my own views. And the customer service is top notch. Nothing like it: Fast, responsive and more than helpful in troubleshooting the best way to accomplish your request.

Cons

I wish the check-in app was a little better in ease of use and for admins. It would be great as an admin to be able to use the app to see registrations, look up registrants, etc. Basically anything I can do on desktop in app form would be amazing!

Reasons for choosing Brushfire

Overall, ease of use and check-in ability. RegFox is a little more cumbersome for volunteers and users, as well as in reporting. Brushfire gives great high level reporting and as detailed as you need it.

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

Check-in was the most crucial need in shifting. We needed a platform that could easily check people in utilizing volunteers and Brushfire does just that!

Response from Brushfire Technology

Mikel, thanks for the kind words! We're releasing an update to the app soon and looking to take it even further in 2020!

Christina

We love Brushfire's customer service, and report features, interface isn't the easiest for customers

We used this for our women's conference in the Dolby for 3 yrs in a row and will be using it for our 4th year.

Pros

Customer Service, seat map ability, exporting reports is super easy, tracking promotional code usage

Cons

Using Promo codes isn't that easy and gets confused with access code for customers, which results in a lot of phone calls/ emails. Also it would be great if access code would take you right to which seats they actually open instead of still having to know the section and click on it after you've entered the access code.

Margarita

April 2022

Brushfire

Brushfire delivers speedy, world class customer service. If there is anything I am unfamiliar with, the representatives are always so helpful and quick to respond. I have graduated from a beginner user to intermediate pretty quickly with the guidance of their team. This is my 3rd year using this program for our 1000+ person event and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been one of the main CSR's that has supported my many questions over the years. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the rest of his colleagues will guide you every step of the way with much professionalism and joy!

Pros

I appreciate the ease and convenience for the attendees and as the administrator for our program. I love the ability to create custom reports which allows us to send information to all the different departments.

Cons

I can't think of anything to comment on at this time as we love everything about Brushfire.

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

We switched from another program for the ease and convenience. We also love the fact that we can check in our attendees with our phones!

Kim

Excellent Event Management Tool

Overall my experience has been very smooth, thanks to their Customer Support team! Like I said, there is almost always a way to do what I need to do and someone is there to help walk me through how or to do it for me and show me what they did so that I can learn for the future.

Pros

Honestly the Customer Support.... if ever there was something I couldn't figure out on my own end from registration build to email marketing to adding features to reporting to name tag creation, their Customer Support was there to walk me through it or build it out for me. They also were the front line response team to most of our guests answering as many questions as they could on our behalf. This is the extension of our own team, in my opinion, for an organization that doesn't have the capacity to hire people directly to answer all of our event attendees questions!

Cons

A lot of the locations of features are not intuitive. For example, the way to find out how many guests received refunds was not intuitive, but there is always a workaround and way to figure it out!

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

While I was not at the organization when they made the switch, I have heard that it mostly had to do with the fact that Brushfire offers Customer Support who is able to answer guest questions. This alone made my experience of Brushfire positive.

So robust, yet so easy to use!

Amazing! We'll be using them again and again - and recommending them to others!

Pros

Ease of setting up new events, repeat events, and then sharing information with team members and collaborators - whether through users or automatic reports. In addition, the Support team is incredible, from simple changes to elaborate custom needs, they have been so helpful all along the way. The ability to hide/show what we need to for different attendee types is amazing. Also, love the integration between the in-person event registration and the online livestream event portal.

Cons

There are areas that are fairly locked in due trying to accomodate as many people as possible - for example, it'd be nice to be able to design our own e-ticket (rather than work through them). We've gotten it setup for our multi-day Homecoming event, but it's a little clunky. It is much better at single events/tickets, rather than multiple days with lots of varied events.

Reasons for choosing Brushfire

The amazing price point, the rich collection of features, and the incredible support team based in Dallas (just a short drive from us) if we ever need anything (though they have been incredible to work with via email, so we've had no need to go talk to them in person.)

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

Ease of use. RE was not initially an event tool, this was added and as a result it's limited, clunky, and not user friendly.

Beth

Why we switched to Brushfire

The customer service has been excellent. Thank you, Johan!

Pros

The integration of registration form and payment platform was seamless.

Cons

We had to rely on someone else to set up the initial registration form, so the timing was a bit out of our hands. However, the response time has been extremely good.

Price.

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

We had lots of problems with the integration of the registration product and payment platform we used for a previous conference.

Response from Brushfire Technology

Beth, thank you for the kind words. Stay tuned for updates to the event setup process!

Does the (basic) trick

We are implementing Brushfire to handle a 2,000-person, 2-day event. We use a custom solution for our smaller events.

Pros

Brushfire support has been strong. The service is built for organizations that need to handle lots of people in a short time for low cost. We like the fact that (optionally) tickets can be purchased for a group without providing the personal details of each person. The price of the service is reasonable.

Cons

I wish there were more options for building an event website. It's a registration service, and apparently a good one, but certainly not comparable to some competitors when it comes to the website.

Reasons for choosing Brushfire

Brushire seemed a low-cost, well-built solution that would save us the work of creating our own solution but still provide some flexibility. We were particularly keen on the way Brushfire handles group ticketing--we can set this so that personal information is required only from the purchaser and not from each ticket-holder. (If you prefer, you can require personal information from everyone.)

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

We were dissatisfied with Eventzilla's reporting and analytics as well as general usability.

Will

Impressed

We came to Brushfire from a free, online event website service that wasn't meeting all our needs. We have been very pleased at what Brushfire offers, the user experience, the backend for admins, the customer service, and how cleanly it integrates with our content delivery network.

Pros

The user experience for the online site is clean and feature rich. We especially like the option of an integrated paywall and the ability to host multiple live streams with unique user experiences on 1 site.

Cons

We haven't spent a lot of time using the registration site, but it seems to have a more difficult learning curve than the online site. For us, that's ok. We have time to learn the registration side before our first registered event.

Reasons for choosing Brushfire

Found out they were developed in the beginning to help a church in Southlake, TX, and then expanded on that originally vision.

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

Needed live customer service, better call to action features with attendees, and a company we could grow with.

Marlon

August 2022

Great Customer Service

My overall experience with Brushfire was great! What made that possible was the great customer service that was provided to me by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] . His patience and the way he made himself available to ensure our experience was excellent was commendable.

Pros

What I liked most about the software is it allows the ability for the platform to be set up in a way that would work for the attended audience.

Cons

What I like least about the software is not having the ability to put pre-recorded videos in a particular order.

Robert

Brushfire: A perfect solution to Hillsong's small to large scale event's ticketing and registrations

Pros

I have been responsible for our large event's ticketing and registrations for a number of years as well as the technology and information areas for Hillsong Church. Two years ago, after meeting with the world's best ticketing platforms and providers and coming to the realisation that they could not support our specific requirements as a church requiring complexity and depth in our registrations, we decided to build our own software. However, we understood the gravity of the decision to develop such a system and weren't excited about the journey ahead. I was introduced to Brushfire Technology and their ticketing and registration platform. After a very short time and no upfront costs, Brushfire's solution had proven itself as the perfect solution for our needs, with their unique understanding of industry standards around software development and the nature of the church, we had found our answer. This allowed our conferences and events to move forward and our technology department concentrates on other issues. Brushfire as a team now operates as an extension of our own events and technology departments, though their flexibility and commitment to excellence in customer service it's difficult to remember that they are a supplier and not part of our family. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Cons

..............................................................................................................

Patti

Best ticketing service available

Easy monitoring of entire system. This is especially important when using volunteers to take in money. It is web based and can be used or monitored from any computer or phone and offers multiple payment and delivery options. You can "see" which agents have placed orders. I also like the availability the patrons have to email me directly if there is a problem. The map and directions are also helpful.

Pros

I can monitor orders, agents and release seats from ANYWHERE at ANY TIME, including opening the balcony seating from my phone 200 miles away during a homecoming football event. It is flexible to include seating choices, dinners and other add-ons, and promotional codes. It is easy to create revenue reports and monitor volunteer agents who handle money. We scan tickets at the door from tickets, e-tickets, and smart phones. It also has e-Blast capabilities to communicate with patrons.

Cons

It doesn't automatically show orders as fulfilled when you print. You have to mark the will call orders as you print. It shows all events when creating reports...which for me is WAY too many. It has a function to uncheck all events but I'd like a function to hide anything that's not in my current season.

juliette

Next level platform!

Setting up an account on Brushfire is a life saver. Initially, I had problems with keeping all of my data organized, sending out emails and keeping track of registrants. However, through the help with my amazing customer agent, I was able to accomplish a successful set up with a professional and organized site. He even made me aware of options that I was not even aware of. I would say that the customer service was my highlight, as I felt that he was directly with my team. He literally set up calls with me until everything was working smoothly and to my complete liking. He was the most patient person I've worked with that wasn't directly tied to my ministry. He truly took on the care of ensuring a thorough set up as if it was his own. I truly value my whole experience!

Pros

I like the organization & variety of it all. It's not just a template site, but you can make it customized in how you want it with ease. I like the daily notification of sign-ups, automatic welcome email, and all the back end details that the software provides. Also, when registrants sign up, they can login back in and track their payments and amount owed.

Cons

It's very overwhelming because there are a lot of moving parts & options I didn't know about because it's very complex. However, that is solved by customer service call.

Lori

Brushfire Software

Pros

We use Brushfire for ticketing for a number of events every year. The software is easy to set up and use. The fees are more reasonable than some other options that we looked at. It's very customizable to different events, different venues and different prices or add-on's within an event. We have utilized the coupon codes for special offers and I the reports are helpful for tracking income, attendees and for making settlement on shows that are based on doors sales or percentages of door sales. We also use the Brushfire app to "check in" people to an event, using mobile phones or ipads.

Cons

It would be helpful for the email confirmations you receive to include the event name along with the event number.

Mary Carl

Love Brushfire

Being a school we host many events during the year like homecoming, parent events, club activities, fund raisers, conferences, training events etc. The Brushfire team has gone over and above to make their platform work for our many varying needs and events. They are professional, prompt, and their work product is excellent.

Pros

The flexibility of the program as we use it for more then I'm sure it was intended. We use it for all our events, product sells, sign ups etc.

Cons

We use the platform for more then it was intended so occasionally have to use things in a template that we do not like but nothing that can't be worked around.

Reasons for choosing Brushfire

We have been with Brushfire since the very beginning of Brushfire :)

Response from Brushfire Technology

Thank you for the kind words and being a loyal customer!

Replied January 2021

Lindsey

Working with Brushfire has been a great experience! I love the product and the team behind it.

Better registration experience for our customers and organization for our team!

Pros

I love the reporting module! It is very user-friendly compared to some other reporting software that I have used. I also appreciate the ability to customize event set up for the needs of our organization. I think we do some wild things sometimes that Brushfire handles well and I have even had cases where the team changed the software to function better for our needs. Brushfire has LOTS features and helpful tools! Sometimes I feel as though we have just scratched the surface.

Cons

The many features Brushfire offers came with quite a learning curve for me (BUT, BF team is always quick to help me out!). It took me about 6 months to feel like a savvy admin. That being said though, I feel as though our organization does some intense things with ticketing that may add an element of complexity. :)

Scott

What A Great Team To Work With!!

We had been looking for something that would link to our Square account, and Brushfire exactly fit the bill for that! In addition to solving that problem, anytime I had a question or wanted our online forms to do just a little something different, the Brushfire team was willing and able to do what we needed in order to make our event a success! Great team!

Pros

I loved the fact that our attendees could go online, choose the events they were going to attend, and pay for everything right then and there! It was awesome!

Cons

I really didn't have any drawbacks to using this software!

Reasons for choosing Brushfire

Brushfire met our needs fully.

Reasons for switching to Brushfire

Constant Contact event planner was very hard to work with, and did not link to Square. This was AFTER their promises to improve the product year after year.

Response from Brushfire Technology

Scott, thanks for the review!

Replied December 2019

We use this for payments of special event tickets and ongoing donations & student deposits

Flexible registrations and ease of reports. Ease of refunds.

Pros

Very versatile - ticket registrations, payments, easy to refund, downloads into excel. Love the ease of reporting & use.

Cons

Only one email can be set up to receive the alerts & immediate payments for each event. This isn't a big concern for myself but we have so many different departments using the software it is more complex for us because there are so many users. Love it though. Anyone can log in and find their own reports so this isn't a major con.

Jonathan

I absolutely love Brushfire. The system is super easy to use and understand.

I have benefitted by reducing the time it takes for me to accomplish my tasks and updating registration information. I also save so much time with the reporting system.

Pros

I love the flexibility and all the options for setting up attendee registrations and event data. It makes things so easy.

Cons

The promo code system is a little bit constraining. I would like to be able to set a number to limit code uses. currently the date option to limit codes is good for most situations but this would be the main thing I would like fixed.

Hannah

We love Brushfire. They feel like family.

Pros

Customer service and adaptability are my favorite things about this software. Thank you for all you do to customize it.

Cons

Pulling reports feels confusing and hard. We had a hard time figuring out how many tickets were meal tickets versus tickets. Also, when I need data it's just hard to know which report presents it best. However, I'm not sure there is a better way. I just think it's sort of the way of the data reporting world.

lasky

camping in zambia

it has been difficult to receive funding

Pros

easy to use but my organisation has never received anything it is even difficult to explain that we have benefited anything from Brushfire

Cons

accessble on the internet but difficult to recieve

Reasons for choosing Brushfire

i wanted to partner with them and bring economic development

Response from Brushfire Technology

Lasky, we're sorry you've found Brushfire difficult. Visit http://get.brushfire.help to talk to our team!

Liv

Next level features and service!

Pros

Brushfire took what was many complex processes for our team and were able to simplify them into an admin/user-friendly and flexible setup. We are able to adjust and manipulate events and data as required and the web-based nature of this software makes it accessible anywhere (including your phone!). The Brushfire team are outstanding in their commitment to our organisation winning and moving forward at every stage of the process and provide continual support especially when implementing new features or developing function areas.

Laura

Saved us where other software lacked

Pros

My department went to this software when we found our new software lacking in the area of ticket registration. I have been very pleased with Brushfire as it has saved us in this area and surprised us! The options for the different ways to interpret the data have become very useful. Being able to take that data, extract it, and analyze it has helped us better understand our advertising campaigns, purchasing history, seat breakdown. The ability to create the details we want included (yes/no questions) and shift things around when changes happen, has been extremely helpful in collecting what we need to collect and fix human errors. All in all, a VERY good software.

Cons

The many data points and ways to interpret the data can be a bit overwhelming. While this is awesome, the sheer magnitude of the different options can come off as a big bite to chew (all this to say, it is learnable and the data interpretations are extremely helpful when following trends, gathering numbers, etc.).

Rachel

Brushfire has been such an incredible company to work with for all of our events!

It is very helpful for us with all of the different events that we do! The call center is SO helpful and the team is so helpful and amazing to work with :)

Pros

We are able to customize all of our events in a way that best suit us! We have had many different types of events with different seating maps and locations and Brushfire has been such a big help as we explore new and better ways to plan for our events!

Cons

There are only a few minor things that have been an issue such as the inability to take certain options (like access codes) off of the page. It has been confused multiple times for promo codes.

4.73/5 out of 131 reviews