What are Ungerboeck Software users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ungerboeck Software software through verified user reviews

• icon"The USI software is very flexible and can be customized to the users needs with some time and financial investment. The team of USI professionals are very knowledgeable and supportive of the software."
  • icon"Very user friendly, useful reports and great customer service."
  • icon"We are able to better track our clients, payments, contracts, bookings etc and the integration of all this information into one system saves us time on a daily basis."
  • icon"Being a smaller conference center, adding additional products can be costly."
  • icon"Customers also had trouble finding the information needed and registering for the courses, leading to lost revenue through lost customers and more time spent registering customers on the back end."
  • icon"The degree to which the system can be customized is also a weakness as that can quickly create too many choices for users."

Browse all Ungerboeck Software Reviews

• Have you used Ungerboeck Software and would like to share your experience with others?

Brittany

Ungerboeck Review

Overall, it is a great calendar system that I am very comfortable using

Pros

The breadth of features to help you contract, plan and invoice your event

Cons

Being able to send automated emails/reports would be a great feature

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

We were familiar with the system, its the best in the business

We had 3 calendar systems we were using and wanted to consolidate

Kaitlyn

Convention Center Scheduling and More

Pros

The customer service that we have received over the past two+ years, has been awesome. We also like that the base of the software addresses the bulk of what we want it to do, but we have the ability to customize and make tweaks to make it work for our facility. The ability to provide online trainings and support has been awesome. The new certification program is helpful as well.

Cons

Customizing does cost money; for the first year, every time we asked for something it felt like it was going to cost something. I'd recommend setting aside funds for customization each year, as it really does make the software even better. Our accounting team still has to double entry everything; in the sales process, we were told that this system would connect with our accounting software but it does not.

Reasons for switching to Ungerboeck Software

We were looking for a system that moved quickly and was more agile with what we do.

Leslie

Ungerboeck Software OK

Ungerboeck worked fine for our office before we expanded into the non-credit and alternative digital credential realms fully. The software could not keep up with our needs and led to frustrating encounters both for our customers and for our staff on the customer service side. Each time an issue needed resolved, we were charged for the time it took to answer a simple question or easily fix a problem that was a glitch through Ungerboeck to begin with. If you have a limited number of offerings or focus in one area, then Ungerboeck would probably be fine, but as you grow and gain more customers, the time spent inputting courses and dealing with issues, is not worth the return on your investment.

Pros

Being able to see a list of sessions each time the software is opened, made the staff's lives easier as they did not have to constantly search for upcoming sessions. Also being able to customize the software so you could only see your sessions or upcoming events allowed us to keep track of our items without possibly clicking around in another staff member's events.

Cons

The software did not allow us to create a website through it or link directly to our website, which meant staff had to spend double the time inputting courses into Ungerboeck and then also using Cascade to input information into our website. Each time an update was needed, the same process had to be followed. Customers also had trouble finding the information needed and registering for the courses, leading to lost revenue through lost customers and more time spent registering customers on the back end.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

Home office proximity to University, individual choosing liked financial pieces

Reasons for switching to Ungerboeck Software

Outdated software that could no longer handle volume of business.

Heather

Come a Long Way

I have used Ungerboeck since 2014 and moved up through v19, v20, and now v30. The software has come a long way and I am happy to be part of the Ungerboeck user family.

Pros

I love the ease of access that Ungerboeck has. Most actions are intuitive.

Cons

Some of the guides on the support center need to be updated to reflect new releases, etc. When I need help, I try to use that first before submitting a ticket but it's difficult sometimes when those articles are somewhat outdated.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

VenueOps did not offer a way to accept payments within the software at the time we looked at switching.

Jacquie

Industry: Fine Art

Ungerboeck

My overall experience with Ungerboeck has been excellent; after using the system for a few years now I cannot imagine working without it. It really has changed how we work (for the better) and even our clients notice a difference with how much faster and easier things are for them as well.

Pros

Before Ungerboeck we were using excel to manage our bookings, contracts, and payments etc; changing to Ungerboeck has put all of this into one seamless system that has allowed us to streamline our processes. We are able to better track our clients, payments, contracts, bookings etc and the integration of all this information into one system saves us time on a daily basis. I enjoy the reporting features of Ungerboeck and how they were able to work with us to customize certain reports and processes for my department.

Cons

Getting the program up and running does take a lot of time and learning the system can be cumbersome, especially if you have never worked on software like this before. Being the administrator can feel like another full time job some days, especially when staff are having issues with the system or major changes need to take place.

Austin

Integrated User

Pros

As a venue operator, the software seamlessly connects all of our internal departments from Events to Facilities to Security, and allows us all to communicate together without needing multiple formats, mediums, or different software to accomplish a proper event construction and implementation. - Internal Communication - Amount of Information to Communicate/Input - Construction around the entire customer journey of an event from Sales to Invoicing and everything in between

Cons

Aesthetics are slightly droll and bland - but this is a very minor complaint and recognizes that with v30 the aesthetics and layout are significantly improved from as recent as v19! Some limitations and lack of flexibility with customizing and constructing reports make for occasionally confusion report generation.

Faisal

Ungerboeck Exhibition option review

Pros

Software has capability of handling complete Exhibition process from start to end. It is really user friendly and easy to setup.

Cons

Need to be more pro-active to include the most recent changes in the market. Licensing option need to be more flexible

Rhett

July 2022

Every tool you need, a good and a bad thing.

I have really had a great experience. For me, I was lucky early in my experience to have some time to really explore and understand the system. Which has made it a great resource for me, and made the training process for me easy to pass on to others.

Pros

The functions and availability of everything that the system can do. It really does have everything.

Cons

Sometimes understanding and getting to a point where an average user can fully use the system is difficult. Because it can do so much it sometimes takes a great deal of training and self-exploration to really get a high grasp on the system. Would be nice if it was more user-friendly from the start.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

I did not make the choice personally, but I am happy when I come into a facility and it is the system they use.

Bethany

July 2022

Fantastic software and AMAZING customer service and troubleshooting by the REPS!

Bookings, Rentals, and Events for a multipurpose space, is easy with Ungerboeck!

Pros

Easy to use once set up. Amazing set up help by our Rep. Continued amazing support as needed. Does everything we need and more.

Cons

Some administrative set up features cannot be done on a MAC computer.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

I do not know as this was before my hiring.

Arturo

Very Good software

Good

Pros

Stable. it offers a lot of functionalities

Cons

Somo incompatibilities with windows 7 are present

Gina

Great software for our business center

It was a game-changer for us. Put all our service departments into one resource accessible to all at any time. After having the software for five years, we purchased the advance care plan. This gives us a designated customer service member that has helped us make the most out of the software as we are self-supported and do not rely on additional resources from IT. And we can still make it work! As we change, the software changes with us.

Pros

This software is totally customizable. It doesn't matter how small or large your business, there's a way to adapt it to exactly what you need. Plenty of reporting options are built into the software that adapts to give the supporting departments what they need with no additional or different input from the event planners. We are a company with a business center that is used for internal and community events. We have used the software for as little as 2 person meetings to events with well over 1000 people using the same process flow. They also have a great support website with a knowledge center and community based help center. Makes it easy to access information on tips, tricks and best practices at any time. Software updates have been easy to deploy and mostly seamless.

Cons

It did take some time and additional resources to implement but that was due to the complexity and building it to our needs. It is not an "out of the box" product - also the beauty of it! Also the individuals users need to change their passwords often (about every 90 days). That seems to be excessive and when running 2 or 3 shifts the timing to get a reset link may not be ideal.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

Customization and the in-depth program, capabilities and extensive support. Gave us the ability to grow the software as our business grew.

Brianna

Long Term UB User

My overall experience with Ungerboeck has been great! They are always so great to work with and helpful in realizing new projects and ideas that we may have for our institution. They draw upon expertise across different fields and really strive to enhance the user experience. They truly listen to what their customers want for a product.

Pros

I love how the software allows you the flexibility to tailor your process and workflows in the system to best fit your needs. It is easy to create steps, fields etc. that are needed to accomplish your company goals and improve efficiency across all levels within an organization including sales and marketing, booking and reservations, contracting, reconciling, budgeting, and forecasting.

Cons

What I least like about the software is doing the upgrades. They are necessary but can sometimes be cumbersome to go back through and double check all the functionality is working properly. The good news, is that you can do all of this through the test environment prior to upgrading your production site.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

Had better overall functionality.

Kelli

Ungerboeck for the David L. Lawrence Convention Center

I have been using Ungerboeck since the late 90's and have used it both on the Destination Management and Venue Management side of the business. I find it the software to be the "Cadillac" of venue management software. I have actually said that I could manage my household on Ungerboeck. Not only is the product superior but the service and support are top notch!

Pros

Since moving to a web based program, the ease of access is what is most important to me and my team. We have real time access so we are able to speak to our customers and provide solid information at the very beginning of the sales cycle. When on the show floor selling to our prospective clients, we are able to get several steps ahead, leaving less to follow up on, after our show. This affords us more time, which results in more revenue. It is a very user friendly product and has many characteristics and habits of windows. I find when I am training new users they automatically try certain commands due to the intuitiveness of the software.

Cons

As with any software, the different versions and modules make it frustrating when I am working with another facility and I find that they are able to do something within the software that I am not and vice versa. I also feel that there is a better way to "package" or "bundle" the pricing for venues that expand their user base and product usage down the line.

Short term pain for long term gain

Very good. I mostly converse with USI staff at the APAC conference. Everyone is pleasant, happy & knowledgable

Pros

Once I had the understanding of how to adapt to my role / our company it was easy to learn I can log in from home or anywhere in the world. It does make completing invoices and schedules very easy

Cons

When we first started the transition to ungerboeck I would have been able to tell you 20 things I didnt like. But now I cant think of anything. If we have an issue our IT god gets in contact with USI and then theres a fix

Reasons for switching to Ungerboeck Software

To streamline our procedures, documents, finances into one program

Kieron

Ungerboeck

We have managed to Integrate Ungerboeck fully into our operational and financial workflows replacing many disparate systems. We now have a single source for truth for our data and since using ungerboeck which has improved efficiency and reduce errors in data.

Pros

One of the things I like best with Ungerboeck is is a highly configurable system. Our industry as an Exhibition Solutions Provider is a little different to how a Venue or Organiser works but Ungerboeck is Flexible enough to allow us accomplish and streamline our processes effectively.

Cons

One of the Cons and is due to the vastness of the system is sometimes quite a few small things get by the QA team which I feel should have been picked up. This has become more apparent over the last few years. That said when the issues are reported that are hotfixed into the system in a reasonable timeframe.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

We chose Ungerboeck as it is the most feature complete all encompassing solutions that suited our needs.

RUSSELL

Sales Pennsylvania Convention Center

Have attended many of the USI User meetings (UNITE) and really feel that USI listens to the users to make the product bigger and better.

Pros

Love the connectivity and how it flows to all departments.

Cons

Since VS 20 and above some of the booking procedures are a little cumbersome

Ungerboeck Review

Overall our experience has been very positive. Ungerboeck has revolutionized how we deliver events; significantly improved our efficiency and helped us better analyze our information.

Pros

We undertook a self implementation of the USI software; the System administrator was fantastic in helping us achieve our desired outcomes and working through our desired (and some undesired) workflows; this significantly improved our end result. The software is easy to use and makes sense for the delivery of catering and events; managing our complex booking processes and providing a source of truth of our event information.

Cons

The software is expensive; not necessarily overpriced but everything costs. The online functionality remains quite limited given how important this is in the current environment.

Reasons for switching to Ungerboeck Software

Existing system was outdated and lacked functionality

Ed

Industry: Information Services

Switching to USI

Great implementation process with a great team of professionals, I can't say enough good things about them.

Pros

The USI software is very flexible and can be customized to the users needs with some time and financial investment. The team of USI professionals are very knowledgeable and supportive of the software. Also this shifted us to a cloud solution which is extremely beneficial, particularly while we are in the COVID situation.

Cons

Our organization has developed various processes over the years while using a self developed software solution. This meant that when migrating to USI we needed to customize a fair amount of the system. Some of these were easier than others but the team made sure we got what we needed. This does however lead to complexities in terms of the long term support we will require from the vendor. Not a huge downfall just something we will need to adapt to.

Reasons for switching to Ungerboeck Software

To move to a cloud based solution that could integrate with a new and more robust ERP solution.

Monet

Industry: Performing Arts

Ungerboeck, The Gentle BEAST

Overall experience has been wonderful. The UB Team is aware and understands how intermediating the software can be, so they are with you during the learning process every step of the way. I've always felt supported and feel this will continues as the years go by.

Pros

UB is the ultimate communication tool, that's what's most attractive about this software. With some inputting on your part, it can track, hold and spit out reports with ease, but also with a quick glance inform everyone of everything happening in your space.

Cons

What will take time is learning how to operate UB, specifically as an Admin User. Remembering where to go and where to find certain things might be frustrating at times, especially if you want to know everything quickly. Since UB is a software like no other, you will have nothing to compare it to as reference, to create an ease of use in your mind.

MAILE

UNGERBOECK

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT HANDS DOWN. WE LOOKED AT 5 OTHER ENTITIES BEFORE SELECTING THIS COMPANY. OVERALL THEY TOOK THE TIME TO UNDERSTAND OUR BUSINESS AND BUILD A PRODUCT THAT WORKED WELL FOR US.

Pros

I LIKE THE VERSITILITY AND FLEXIBILITY OF THE SOFTWARE. I ALSO LIKE THE AVAILBLE TRAINING AND ASSISTANCE. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] MADE THE EXPERIENCE AWESOME. OVERALL THIS SOFTWARE DOES WHAT WE NEED IT TO.

Cons

WHEN YOU HAVEN'T USED IT FOR AWHILE, IT TAKES A BIT TO NAVIGATE.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

CUSTOMER SERVICE, FLEXIBILITY AND YOUR COMPANY TOOK TIME TO GET TO KNOW US TO ENSURE THAT THIS WOULD WORK FOR US.

Reasons for switching to Ungerboeck Software

OUR PRODUCT DISCONTINUED AND WE COULD NO LONGER GET SUPPORT.

jim

Ungerboeck review

It is good, but there is always room for improvement. I think that most people do not get full use out of the system, as it's not easy for the average person. It's not as intuitive as it should be. I suggested a condensed version at one of the conferences. I.E., "Ungerboeck for Dummies", a more simplistic version. They'd do very well, as most people are overwhelmed by the overall system.

Pros

It is nice to have access online 24/7 and have key information available at your fingertips, when you need it. Accessibility, is important.

Cons

expensive sessions and customization, is costly.

Reasons for choosing Ungerboeck Software

I did not choose it. The convention bureau did.

Sunando

Comprehensive Event Management Platform

Very satisfied

Pros

Having seen the various versions of the product and the change in the way Ungerboeck is developing in the last few years, it's really great to see. The features have been significantly enhanced and it is the most comprehensive product for all Event Management needs. It covers from the CRM to the financials and if you are and Organizer it provides you with the complete functionalities to work with.

Cons

Duplication Lack of Workflow for approvals

Rupert

Good Sam - RCC Rvw

Overall experience is excellent. Software is pretty stable. We've been using it for over 14 years now. Great people.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to install on-premise, excellent documentation and support. Company is always open to integration and customization. Software cost is just about right for our company.

Cons

Before, we could only use IE to run the app. But now they have a version that will work with any browser. Heading in the right direction. We will upgrade to this latest version soon.

Abigail

Excellent tool for event management

Overall, very good.

Pros

I have used this for about 10 years through all the way from v19 to the latest upgrade of v30. Whilst there are always little bug bears and efficiencies, overall it has been an extremely useful and powerful tool that makes the event coordination process quite seamless across multiple departments.

Cons

The bugs when upgrading are usually the most challenging but Ungerboeck does work hard to improve these quickly and efficiently

Robert

Industry: Performing Arts

Versatile ERP system

We've been using the system since 2013 and have been happy with it. The pace of innovation, particularly since their new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took over, has been rapid!

Pros

Ungerboeck is an organization who makes one product, the one that bears their name. That's evident in the seemingly endless customizability.

Reasons for switching to Ungerboeck Software

We'd exceeded the capabilities of the system.

Ungerboeck Software