• icon"I appreciate the pre-built packages. New packages are easy to build and deploy."
  • icon"The reliability and ease of use of PDQ is great. I also love the ability to customize and create packages."
  • icon"Easy to use, easy to update, easy to install/ manage. Overall it's a great product."
  • icon"Can be a little difficult to find the silent install switches for some of the software."
  • icon"The number of available packages is limited. I was expecting a way to connect to a remote computer and get the list of installed applications, built-in PDQ Deploy."
  • icon"It also seems to have occasional hiccups in deploying to computers that are newer on the domain where it sees them on the list of targets, but fails to deploy to them, citing them as being offline."

All PDQ Deploy Reviews

André

Industry: Chemicals

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

Pros

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

Cons

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Reasons for choosing PDQ Deploy

The functionalities, the support, and the price.

Reasons for switching to PDQ Deploy

Global default software of the company.

Ray

February 2022

The one challenge that we were able to overcome was identifying our computers that had versions of Windows 10 that were no longer supported by Microsoft.

Pros

We really appreciate the ability to view Windows versioning. It help us identify the outdated computers so we could get them updated. It saved us countless hours.

Cons

I can't think of a con. The only con I can identify is, that we have to take time to learn some aspects of the functionality.

Reasons for switching to PDQ Deploy

We switched from Desktop Central because of the price.

Colin

PDQ Deploy is a Stellar Product

I echo my previous comment, i.e. this has been such a time-saver when ensuring we keep our endpoints current, and it makes it a lot easier to manage 100s of endpoints with literally the click of a button.

Pros

This has saved us so much effort in maintaining the integrity of our software products on our domain endpoints. In addition to the pre-built library, it has been a godsend to be able to create customized packages and get them deployed quickly. When we were hit with Hafnium on our Exchange server and moved to O365, I created a customized package to remove our previous suite and get out the latest O365 suite to our endpoints with about an hour's work on PDQ Deploy.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, to be perfectly honest.

None

Phillip

April 2022

PDQ Deploy anomalies

Pros

Simplify server management Saves on me sign in multiple times Repeat task on remote machines

Cons

These features seem inconsistent: - Say you want to run a number on commands on a number of servers you cannot get a combined report of the output of all the commands. Often this is needed as the report may be input into further tools - You should be able to set default credentials for each computer you add manually which can be overridden from 'deploy one' - You should be able to group a group of computers like a tree structure eg. directory structure in Windows or UNIX - Computers should be able to be a member of more than one group. When you add a known computer to another group it should copy all these properties as default starting point - In new package, you should have the ability to not have to choose a step type but the commands the user types in most cases tell you what type of step it is

William

Industry: Environmental Services

September 2022

Great software!

I have solved every remote install and patching issue using PDQ, Inv/Deploy

Pros

Deployment, configuration, overall ease of use

Cons

Nothing, I love every aspect of PDQ Inv/Deploy

Bryan

June 2022

Inexpensive but crazy powerful

I absolutely love it, but you have to have PDQ Inventory with it! If you want full IT Godhood, you have to both parts. Thankfully the price means it won't break the budget, heck we buy laptops for more than the yearly cost of both of these.

Pros

It is so intuitive that after watching a 30 minute video from youtube (love the channel btw) a brand new user will be able to deploy software and run reports.

Cons

I wish that this software would integrate into Smart Deploy, so I can push OS as well as software

Reasons for choosing PDQ Deploy

We went with PDQ because the price was perfect, and the functionality was everything we needed.

Jean

October 2022

What would I do without this bundle (Inventory + Deploy)

After 5 years of using this bundle, I still feel I haven't use all of the options offer to me but it's doing what I want so everything is fine. And if I bug down, theirs supports is EXCELLENT, fast and to the point. Never, have I wait more than a day for a reply (try this with Microsoft).

Pros

Inventory: Knowking the state of our computers is a must. Lot of our users needs to deploy to remote places (to put out forest fire), it's imperative that theirs computers are ready to go. Using inventory and Deploy help me meet my goal.

Cons

Deploy: having to built new package is times consuming BUT they have good tutorials to help.

Reasons for choosing PDQ Deploy

It was recommended by a vendor.

Steve

Great Product! A+++

Pros

Ease of use and easy to update. CS team is very attentive and helpful.

Cons

A bit complicated to create a deployment but the CS team is very helpful.

Marc

October 2022

Solid software/patch management tool.

Pros

There is a decent library of regularly updates software packages for commonly used software. The tool is effective and efficient. Pretty easy to use and customer support is responsive and reliable.

Cons

The interface is a little clunky, but it's not bad.

Jay

Excellent Product

Pros

Auto download updated software, deployment to multiple machines and the ability to build your own packages

Cons

Package creation can be a bit tedious but I'm new at package building so it may just be my inexperience.

Rick

Industry: Civil Engineering

An invaluable lifesaver at an exceptional value

There is not another program on the market with the efficacy of PDQ in the creation, management, and monitoring of a wide variety of installations and configuration changes we need to make on the 400+ machines in 5 main locations

Pros

Deployment design flexibility, and the ability to control how and when those run.

Cons

Deployment monitoring seems under-developed. Maybe it's a limitation of what information can be effectively gathered, given how Windows does its best to prevent you from ever knowing what's going on, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd love it if it could be developed. Nothing comes immediately to mind, but I have submitted feature requests/suggestions as I've encountered them. It also seems to generally struggle with Autodesk across the board - There seems to be no rhyme nor reason, and since it's the only set of programs we always have issues with, I blame Autodesk, not PDQ. But it would be nice if there was a way to address it.

Reasons for choosing PDQ Deploy

No other product we reviewed gave us the ability to control even very small details when it came to installations and the integration with PDQ Inventory reports and collections, giving far more granular control over deployments meant there is no competition from a functionality standpoint. Add in some of the best customer service and support I have EVER worked with, from feature requests and suggestions to day-to-day support, to agents that are willing to go above and beyond every time I've needed help, consistently quick responses left no alternative from an integration and continued usage standpoint. And finally, no small thing, the training is exceptional. An extensive library of deep-dive videos on YouTube, including live streams where you can interact with people who know the software inside and out, an extensive Knowledge Base online, and on the rare case where I have needed something more hands on, I have gotten it without any issue. We're busy. If the software took days or weeks to be familiar with to a point where it was usable, it just wouldn't be practical. But you can be up and running in almost no time, and there are tools available to get you into the nitty gritty and back out, no matter your time demands and flexibility.

Gabe

Industry: Investment Banking

We Love PDQ, But...

Overall it has been a wise investment. This last year with WFH has been incredibly difficult though. DNS struggles to identify systems and half the systems are not online. We really need a functioning client for machines outside of our network.

Pros

PDQ is lightweight and incredibly efficient. Having the flexibility to deploy packages to dynamic collections is by far our favorite feature.

Cons

We have had an incredibly difficult time over the last year with systems outside the network or on a VPN. Removing the inventory client was a big loss for us. We would happily use a client if you had one.

Reasons for choosing PDQ Deploy

Price, easy of deployment, visibility, and functionality.

Reasons for switching to PDQ Deploy

Replication of sccm distribution points did not work well. We also liked the visibility and log information PDQ offers for deployments.

Morton

Easy to use for deploying softwares to thousands of computers. Deploy and walk away.

Love it. This software is a God sent. Seriously, i had doubts with it when i first tried it, but when i noticed / realised that I can deploy and MSI or exe software to 100 computers, and it only took 10 min, I was just in awe with it. I said to myself, if i can do this to 100 devices, imagine how easy it would be to install softwares on the 1000 computers and the time spent for installing softwares, i could be doing other things. I'll be devastated and don't know what to do if i stop using this.

Pros

Easy to use. Set package for deployment. Test it. If package works, deploy the package manually and walk away, or scheduled the package to have it installed overnight. If deployment fails, it will install once the computer goes online. So many options that can be set and use.

Cons

no Cons. Improvements only. Perhaps packages for deploying windows 10 apps can be included. At the moment, I have to figure out how to use Power shell to deploy windows apps. Also, deploying chrome extension, perhaps this can be included in the pdq deploy software package Technical support is not available in Australia, so when i send and email, i have to wait 24 hours to get a reply, which is a bummer. I wish we had tech support in Australia.

Reasons for choosing PDQ Deploy

Ease of use and also the Technical Support is always helpful

DANIEL

Industry: Libraries

PDQ Review

Overall this is an excellent software. With ease of use and one click solutions it has produced less headaches then other solutions.

Pros

PDQ deploy is easy to use and install on your network. The functionality of the software allows ease of use deployment packages and updating with simple one click downloads. Built side by side with PDQ inventory target device management is simple and fun.

Cons

PDQ deploy in my opinion needs a GUI interface boost to bring it into the modern world. It has an old ADUC feel, but needs to be updated with a cloud platform feel or use. It would be very beneficial for a lot of organizations with an off-premise option.

Reasons for choosing PDQ Deploy

PDQ had a more simplistic feel than the more robust solutions. To many complications can cause headaches and PDQ allows you to stay simple or expand as far as you want.

Robert