• Pros

• "I love everything about this software , the contents are great , the features are tremendously helpful to taste . I recommend this software to everyone in the world "

• "Great product and easy to use. There was no need to have over complicated software installations or additional steps needed. Very straight forward when using the product. Mobile support was great."

• "It was very easy to get used to this software and it helps a lot for secured support. I recommend it!"

• Cons

• "I think that the product is very good and works well in our organization but the price is too high. "

• "The chat section could be a bit better and the new notification could be better placed. But over all I am a happy camper. "

• "occasional freezing is the only issue that i have, other than that the software is great"

Browse Bomgar Reviews

Nicholas from SoftSolutions, Inc.

Best secure remote support software I have ever used!!

A clean, professional, and impressive way to support a customer or client.

Pros

I really like this software for starters. I convinced my department manager at my previous job to purchase it because of it's functionality, reliability, and integration to other software. It is great for tier based support from tier 1 receiving calls to escalating it to tier 2 and tier 3. The transition from each tier and group that we had for certain calls was smooth. Another bonus and like was the type of devices/operating systems it support in it's remote support service. Also, the integration to other products that we used along with our actual product. That part was a beauty to setup and see work with zero issues. Overall the best in my book. Just wish my current job could afford to purchase Bomgar (fingers crossed).

Cons

There are only a few cons I have and they are very minor. One being that they are not able to support Chrome OS yet and I feel like they are trailing the market on this. The other con is installing the patches to the hosted appliance you house in your server room. The patching process could use some attention for user ability or someone not as experienced in networking etc.

Ivan from GB Advisors, Inc.

Support software done right

Very intuitive, I like it very much. When you come across a product like this, you get to understand the experience that was put into the development of this product. No support software comes close.

Pros

It is really customizable and was thought carefully for enterprise environment. It is also suited for heavy support workloads where many agents have to fire up the console and help many customers at once. The new user interface is very nice too. Privilege escalation is a really useful feature and canned scripts really help at providing agile support.

Cons

It doesn't come with audio features. You can only use chat or you have to call your customer separately. The lack of audio it's its Achilles' Heel. It's also pricey, but the price is worth it, nonetheless the price can put off some companies.

Reasons for Choosing Bomgar

TeamViewer is very popular, but I disliked its licensing model (per concurrent channel, unlimited agents). Bomgar's licensing model makes more sense (per concurrent agent, unlimited sessions). Zoom Meetings allow you to control the computer as well, but it's not a support software, it's a meetings software.

Bomgar review

Overall it works as advertised. It also integrates with a couple Service desk tools on the market which allow you to launch a remote session from within an external Service desk system.

Pros

Bomgar is an excellent program for remote control over computers and servers. We use it extensively on the Helpdesk when helping customers remotely. Its easy to use and doesn't require alot of skills to initiate a session.

Cons

I would like to see it have a less chatty agent on systems. The agent communicates with the main server quite a bit. I would also like to see it not have an agent for every remote session. This requires updating the agent on every machine when an update comes available.

Reasons for Choosing Bomgar

It was a more solid program.

Good tool, but not the best..

I have used Bomgar quite extensively in a Service Desk environment and while I like the tool, I think it is in a serious need of modernization. The lay-out looks very outdated and, as far as I know, the tool lacks a good reporting function. The integrated chat works fine and their best feature, in my opinion, is their permission increase on end-user computers. However, there are other tools out there that do the same, and better. Having done a comparison research for a previous project, I can say that Bomgar is quite expensive as well and does not provide the best bang-for-your buck as other remote take-over tools out there.. I would recommend this tool, as it does function well and does what it needs to do well, but only after recommending other tools first.

Pros

Their way to increase permissions on end-user computers.

Cons

The lay-out is very outdated and is in serious need of modernization.

Kendall from Carolina Worst Wireless

Remote Support with ease

By having unrestricted remote access to all of the systems on our Network it has given us the ability greatly increase our productivity and almost eliminated travel to remove locations.

Pros

The ability to allow any system user to give me remote access thru our remote support web site without the user having to have any client pre loaded.

Cons

I don't have any cons with the software.

Quality and options

Emily from Carestream Dental

Bomgar is better than TeamViewer

Overall Bomgar is a wonderful tool for remote support. Having the ability to see what your customer sees in order to solve their problem is invaluable.

Pros

The best feature of Bomgar is the ability to pin a session for future access to a computer! I frequently have to remote into a client's computer but cannot finish troubleshooting during business hours. I can pin the session and as long as they do not disable or close Bomgar, I can go back in at a later time or day. This is a tremendous benefit!

Cons

Sometimes the speed of transferring files is extremely slow and sometimes will timeout and disconnect your session. I also hate when it prompts the person for elevated permissions and if they do not know their admin username and password, you are not able to take control of their computer. This can be a huge inconvenience and cause of frustration for you and your customer.

Tracy from Luis Palau Association

Best Remote Support software we have ever used

I use it daily to support our staff all over the world.

Pros

I like how easy and intuitive it was to get up to speed with using the representative console. Also when we setup new users they have been able to get up and running in a very short time as well.

Cons

Nothing so far. The main problem is when Apple changes the security requirements for supporting their devices. Beyond Trust is fairly quick to implement changes to their Remote Support in order to support the latest OS releases that Apple has released.

Reasons for Choosing Bomgar

Much better product and I like the support that Beyond Trust provided to their customers.

Scott from Horizon Beverage Company

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Beyond Trust - Formerly Bomgar

Remote support has saved my butt many times. Being able to trouble shoot a server while at a Red Sox game from a phone....what more could you ask for

Pros

I love that I can access all of my servers from one window

Cons

I wish I could do a file transfer from 1 client to another client without having to transfer locally, and then to the other remote client. But, Its not a big deal.

Reasons for Choosing Bomgar

I used at a previous employer...it was a no brainer

Jake from rogue fitness

Remote support worth using

Runs smooth, does the job, easy enough for anyone to use. Give it a try!

Pros

I've used some absolute garbage remote software solutions throughout my years, Bomgar is definitely not another piece of garbage software. It's pretty much headache-free, and a lot of the other remote support software I've used has been headache city. Some of the remote support software I've been on the client side of has also seemed to be garbage. I wouldn't worry about that w/ Bomgar, it does everything I need it to do and don't really have any big issues with it at all. It's easy to use, easy to onboard new people who will be using it, and it just works - always does what it needs to do. Way easier to use than some of it's competitor's that I've dealt with (like WebEx). I found about this software when I was actually on the receiving end. Seemed to work great, so I tried it out for my own use, I was right. Saves a bunch of time by allowing you to drive the client's PC . I've also used it in my personal life to help my dad with something while I was living 4 hours away, which is way better than explaining something to him over the phone and both of us getting frustrated. That might be the best part of this software, actually....

Cons

I usually can nitpick about something, but honestly there's nothing really to report here. No complaints to talk about

Alain-Daniel from Davis Aviation, Inc.

Bomgar is a good tool, but not sure I am using it right

Helping my users with their computer problems remotely has been great.

Pros

I love Bomgar and I believe it has more potential and even actual features that I do not think I have tapped into yet.

Cons

Bomgar is a little obscure at first. So, the learning curve is a bit steep. I also wish it did not cost so much!

Easy remote support while maintaining a controlled environment

Staff will always have hesitation when allowing IT to remote into their computers. This can cause resolution and deployment times to skyrocket. But Bomgar Remote Support features a full suite of tools that allows the company and its users to feel confident in letting IT remote into their machine because of its many features and customization options.

Pros

Bomgar Remote Support is easy to install and manage for your staff and IT support. You can deploy a shortcut to computers and set it up to start remote sessions immediately, or allow a support rep to give a session key to start the session. So there are lots of options to customize how you want to manage support sessions. Once you're remoted in, a range of options for controlling the computer are available to the rep, allowing the sessions to go faster like control panel shortcuts, screen shot options, and an easy to use file share interface. The customer can see everything happening and chat with the rep in a chat box, which also displays helpful information like what commands the rep is running in the background. There is a lot of transparency when running Bomgar so everyone can feel safe and comfortable sharing their computer with an IT rep. Bomgar also integrates with other software like Service Now.

Cons

Bomgar Remote Support does take a lot of planning to set up properly and get running efficiently. A lot of the security and transparency features will require a lot of app administration. If you're a one-man or smaller shop, you will have a longer time getting many of its features up and running.

A recommended and dependable remote endpoint management and technical support portal

A powerful Remote Endpoint and support tool for professional IT shops.

Pros

- Full-featured remote endpoint and service portal that allows IT admins and technical support organizations provide support for technical and non-technical clients and their workstations/servers - I have deployed Bomgar at two organizations as an IT Administrator and support person, and Iove how dependable the endpoint agent software is for connecting to all workstation endpoints we support. If you need to connect to a workstation on an isolated network in a building across the city? No problem, open the Bomgar admin console and find the workstation in endpoint inventory and can remote into the machine, transfer files, chat with a client on the machine via bomgar chat, or control mouse and keyboard. - Start impromptu support sessions and guide customers to the bomgar support portal and request a session with you or any other active administrator who is available, all on the fly. - Enterprise support is very helpful, I have had to leverage them for guided updates and configuration advise. They are professional and well-trained - Bomgar offers physical and virtual appliances, I have deployed both physical and virtual solutions from them, both work the same.

Cons

- As a purchaser of a Bomgar appliance, you still need support for the hidden back-end of the appliance. One deployment of this solution, we ordered two virtual servers, I believe at different times. As such, the hidden linux back-end of the software were inherently not exactly the same build configuration, and we discovered this during an upgrade of the software version and they reacted different to the upgrades. This was an unexpected setback, however, to the credit of support they were professional and prompt with their diagnosis and provided tailored update packages to finish the upgrade. - There are lots of free solutions that can work for remoting into endpoints and providing support remote for endpoint users these days, which may make the value of Bomgar less desirable due to cost of appliances, annual license renewals and upfront license costs, depending on the budget. If you can afford it, it's worth the money for quality of the product and its features.

Alan from University of Lincoln

It's not Marmite, everybody loves it!

Pros

I love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts. I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered. One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!

Cons

Well, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like. It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...

Jason from Blair Technology Solutions

Solid Product for the last 4 years

Beyond Trust Remote Support is the most used tool in our companies arsenal. We are able to support our clients with little to no interaction on the customers end.

Pros

Simply put, it works. We have used multiple products in the past and the Beyond Trust Platform can not be beat. With the correct programming our technicians have access to the most used scripts to support our customers at the click of a mouse. The integrated presentation mode has been a huge asset for customer training.

Cons

Prior versions of the Jump clients leave unnecessary leftovers on the client computer. Occasionally we will have to uninstall the Jump Client to clean up the customers system and reinstall.

Abdullah from The Best Connection

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Does what it says on the tin

Pros

Great for both Internal and external remote support Remote Scripting Screen sharing GDPR Jump Items

Cons

None so far as using it for more than 3 years

Sergey from sbe Lifestyle Hospitality

Providing remote support to every user - priceless!

All-inclusive remote support solution at your fingertips. Nothing like helping remotely an executive, who is traveling and urgently needs IT assistance.

Pros

Powerful solution for every IT Administrator. Not only you can remotely assist virtually every user on your network, you can also invite external representatives, should there be a need. Another feature that I like specifically is being able to present, where a remote user can see your screen. This can be used for training purposes. Recording can always be benefitial. Seamless AD integration and policy assignment helps with user administration. Pretty much set it and forget it service. While there are many competitors out there, I would always go with Bomgar.

Cons

Cost! This product is expensive. I mean, it's worth every penny for what it does, but getting such solution for your company may be a challenge. Another problem that I noticed is the Bomgar console for Mac users. While a Mac user can connect to the workstations and servers, that already have the jum client installed, an ability to "jump" to any workstation is not there. For such instances, I have to use my Bomgar cosole on the PC.

Jason from Intellinet

This is amazing remote support

This is almost like the internet for us. When it goes out we are not having a good day. The good and bad to that is that if the internet goes out we are out of this, but other than that we have only had one time where it went out and that was because our device needed to be replaced. Another selling point to it was that we were able to get a backup uploaded to their support and they setup a cloud appliance so we could get right back up and working.

Pros

I love everything about this product. This is super easy to use, it has tons of great features, its rock solid and they have great support. The remote feature itself is great but that is a small part compared to what all else this can do. You can do just about anything you want or need to computers as you connect. If you are working on specific things and have scripts or software to run, this make it very easy to run those from the console. We have tons of scripts setup to run in the background to fix any number of issues.

Cons

Honestly the only thing to dislike is the price. This is definitely at the top end of remote support products, but i think it justified by what all you can do with this.

Abby from Dell Children's Medical Center

Useful for IT issues

Overall this has been a great tool and allows you to have IT help at your fingertips as if you had someone sitting right next to you.

Pros

Bomgar allows our IT department to remote into our workstations and address computer issues. It's very user friendly! Once opening the program our IT tech will provide a session key number which you enter and allows them to remote in and take over. I'm generally on the phone with IT while they are accessing my system, but there is also a chat feature that allows you to communicate with whoever is remoting in. Both users can utilize the mouse or keyboard, so I can show them exactly what I clicked on or what error message I am encountering. It has saved so much time as our IT team is relatively small, and an inability to access programs or have a functioning computer can easily impact patient care. I don't have to wait hours for a ticket number to get assigned to a person who has to triage me along with tons of other people. You can also get a transcript of your chat after you have closed the session. There's an icon that will appear on the top right hand corner of your screen to let you know you are connected and someone else has access, and it's easy to know that the session has ended because the icon disappears and there's a notification that you have logged out.

Cons

I have no problems with this software! I have never had trouble with it loading, and each time I've had to use it it has booted up quickly without error, runs smoothly while someone else is accessing my computer, and is incredibly easy to navigate and use.

Beecher from Shenandoah Websites

Industry: Information Services

Bomgar/BeyondTrust Remote Support is perfect for mid to large companies

Having moved from a less-featured remote support software, Bomgar was a huge step forward. The old system required administrative rights on the endpoint for EVERY user that connected and there were no permissions to assign. Although it can be pricey, once it's up and running, Bomgar is the solution I'd recommend for remote support.

Pros

It's fast remote support software that just works. It has plenty of features to make remote support of end users a breeze. Permissions are granular and you can limit access by need.

Cons

The initial configuration can be a bit daunting. Some words/descriptions may not be simplest to understand in the admin sections. It's the only downside to having a product that has so many features available.

Michael from APEX INFOTECH, LLC

The Swiss Army Knife of Remote Support and Unattended Management!

Pros

Ease of initial setup was a breeze for my cloud based Bomgar instance. I was able to have customers connecting within a matter of hours. The ability to deploy Bomgar Jump Clients on machines which I need instant access to when providing managed services is simple and works wonderfully. No other remote support software offers the features that the Bomgar product boasts, which does contribute to the price of the product versus the competition.

Cons

Pricing model is difficult and is not feasible for small companies, or companies just getting started. The yearly fee for a cloud hosted instance is quite significant, and purchasing your own Bomgar appliance is even more significant.

You can forget about regular RDP with this revolutionary product

Our organization is spread across the globe and have been acquiring more companies. Bomgar has helped us to continue site services task during the time of mergers and acquisitions and in case the network tunnel is down

Pros

Where to start from, first and foremost you dont have to be on network to have an RDP session with a user. During my 3 years of experience as a security analyst, I have had trouble multiple times for not being able to reach user or have a session when the user is off network. I used to work with skype in these cases, but from last 1 year, skype is going really fast towards its end. Plus, if you are an admin, you can straight away hop onto a machine with bomgar client installed without user's approval. If the user does not have a client installed, a bomgar session can also take place via browser.

Cons

It is a client based system. I have had trouble setting up bomgar sessions via browser. Apart from that, I have had absolutely no trouble using bomgar

Cam from University of Tennessee

Bomgar gives us total access to all aspects of pc troubleshooting. Saves thousands/year in travel!

Greatly reduced travel costs for branch office desktop support. Faster response for client issues. Recovered hundreds of hours of travel time.

Pros

Access to troubleshoot most pc's and devices even from my phone. Love the ability to script actions that are repetitive on most pc's (set registry keys, install applications, run utilities). I can share remote sessions with other support specialists when needed. Jump clients allow me to initiate support sessions easily with our regular client base or on servers. We even use it to train individuals on new software or processes. License pools - a few licenses allow multiple techs to log in and out as needed. (we use 6 licenses with around 25 support specialists)

Cons

Cost is the biggest con. Up front cost and annual maintenance is pricey, but the cost savings from reduced travel pay for it easily. Audio from remote systems is not available, making troubleshooting of sound issues more difficult.

Andrew from ISG Technology

Bomgar is Great!

We used this as a back up method for contenting to users and it has always been reliable.

Pros

I have been a Bomgar user for a number of years and it's great. A few if the key features I love are... - Invite users to start a session via sharing you session key with them or sending an email link, this makes it quick and easy to get connected. - Auto reconnect after rebooting or loosing network connection. This is a huge convince! and time saver since you don't have to call the user to get reconnected while working on the issue. - You can easily transfer and share you session with team mates. - Built in chat feature. - Easily View system information and transfer files.

Cons

There are some issues with running it on Google Chome or on a Mac. Its not 100% seamless to users you are connecting to, you have to click though a few things but its still pretty easy.

Richard from Information Services

Industry: Information Services

Remote Support made easy

Supporting users throughout the United States makes this very easy. I use this for software support and also for training as I am an admin for multiple applications and support the Accounting, Tax, Budgeting and Forecasting teams. I use this to do training for new users that will become the SME in those remote areas and can deliver hands on training. I can also easily do remote support by logging onto another users computer

Pros

This is an easy application to use and makes logging into a remote user very easy No learning curve for support Working at company headquarters, I support over 2,000 users for a few different applications. Using Bomgar, I was able to log onto a remote users computer to support and teach different applications. It was very easy to also install software updates (Java and SAP Business Objects)

Cons

We have a limited number of licenses so sometimes I need to wait for someone else to stop using this application

Tyler from dmi Networking

Bomgar is one of the most commonly used remote connection softwares, and has proven reliable.

Bomgar allows the quick set-up of remote connections to computer systems. It's especially beneficial when working with users who may not feel comfortable working in-depth with computers, as it requires just a simple download to get set up. The fact that it removes itself after use is a wonderful feature that makes it perfect for one-time uses, such as customer support.

Pros

Bomgar is quick to download and run, and is able to be pinned to the computer it's running on, allowing the remote connection to be opened and connected to later. When you're finished using it, disconnecting will close and uninstall the Bomgar program, ensuring the system cannot be accessed further.

Cons

It's very rare, but I have encountered issues where pinning a Bomgar connection can cause issues on Windows Server 2008. This does not occur on all servers running Windows Server 2008, but at this time it is unclear what is causing this issue. A regular, non-pinned session will not cause any issues. This is also not the software to use if you plan on making repeated connections to a computer. Every time it runs it must be downloaded and ran, vs options like LogMeIn, which can be installed and run in the background so whenever the connection is needed you can remotely access the computer.

Mike from NWFSC

A good lifeline to have

The ability to assist my customers wherever they are creates a feeling of confidence in the user. This creates a great working environment and a feeling of teamwork that is priceless.

Pros

The fact I can assist users that are both on and off our network via https is great. I prefer to use Apple Remote Desktop for our Mac users when the clients are on LAN or connected via VPN. When they are offsite with no VPN, it's a lifesaver. Bomgar is essential for Windows PC support however they are connected. The ability to easily transfer files to and from the client, support for some automation using scripts, is a good tool to have.

Cons

Can get bogged down due to bandwidth consumption. The default setting to reduce video display quality is a bit of a bother for both the user and tech specialist. Sometimes the connection fails completely for some unknown reason.

Brian from Madison River Technology

It's solidly ok

Hey, it's a remote support tool and it works. So other than the clunky and ugly interface, it's solidly ok.

Pros

Bomgar does what you'd expect - it provides remote access to systems. There's some granular access you can set up to put systems into groups and assign access permissions, so if that's needed then you have pretty good control over it. There's 2 factor authentication and what appears to be decent security as well.

Cons

The interface is a bit clunky compared to some of the competitors. It doesn't show me everything I'd like to see about systems. For instance, it shows me hostnames, but in order to see who's currently logged in I have to click on a little triangle to expand the host. One of my clients uses a bonehead naming scheme, so I'm constantly digging through hosts to see who's using which machine. Some of the competitors to Bomgar show this information right on their management screen and a simple CTRL-F in the browser window will find the info you need.

Great ealy connections

Overall a great experience. Connects quickly with just one prompt if you have the jump client installed. Easy to use same product for manual connection as well.

Pros

Allows for easy connections to other computers. Can use a jump client that will allow computers with it installed to be access from outside your network with just an internet connection.

Cons

There is no copy and paste support. The general queue in the representative console is hard to manage and requires to many manipulations.

Mike from DataPro International

Bomgar Makes Remote Support And Client Connection Simple

The Bomgar console allows us to use admin credentials and elevate rights if it becomes necessary. Screen sharing is simple, collaboration from different team members takes a few simple clicks. Bomgar is the top of the line in security. Analysts can see all displays and the session can be either set up by the user or by the client. Bomgar has resolved several high urgency issues for our clients. Bomgar is one of the greatest assets to our company.

Pros

Bomgar allows users to access and take control of our clients computer using a website. Users are able to access the website from anywhere making connection simple and efficiently enabling us to share files and troubleshoot efficiently. Multiple users are able to log into one remote system.

Cons

Entering Admin credentials through the console is not always simple. It is sometimes hard to direct clients to the correct Bomgar page.

BomGuard is an excellent support tool

Overall experience was positive. We were able to get the tool approved and used as a standard within our group. We also generated a process that allowed other departments to use the tool. There were several groups that supported other tools, but with the data, we generated during beta, we were able to get it approved. We would recommend.

Pros

Weve been using BomGuard for about 1 year. The tool is a little too hard to get used to, but once you learned tricks it very useful. Features are really good for what we use it for. Its flexible and very user-friendly. I was part of a team that helped evaluate if the tool can be used as part of our IT solution. Once we had the tool setup, it was pretty easy to use.

Cons

We tested BomGuard with several other remote support applications. It wasnt as robust and feature-rich as the other competing tools. Although the features were enough to be able to support several of our locations. We were able to do workarounds to customize the tool to align with our processes.

Nicholas from IAI LLC

Industry: Defense & Space

Bomgar Review

It has been integral for us at this time. We are going through open enrollment and implementation with ADP so we have had to use it several times in the past month. ADP has been able to connect us through Bomgar, see our screen and verify all of our benefit plan setups, eligibility class, home page and open enrollment profile. They have also showed us how to implement all of these items correctly through Bomgar and very useful since we are working on a remote basis.

Pros

It is a great resource in order to connect a third party administrator and be able to share screens to relay information in real time. I currently use it with ADP and we use this in order to collaborate information by sharing each other's screens to make sure there is a correct setup in ADP, address and fix issues that we are having with the system and ensure that we have correct format such as our homepage. It is very simple to use and accept the Bomgar from ADP and connects very quickly.

Cons

The only downside is that you have to accept the software, allow it to connect, accept the terms and conditions, accept the user and then allow for the user to connect. It would be easier if it was web based and allowed for one connection to the user.

Good Remote Software, but not the Greatest

the remote function of this software is flawless with at least a 99.8% success and speed rating. it allows us to connect immediately and securely to our client without worrying about disconnects or slowdowns or any other possible issues that may arise with a breach of the connection due to hackers.

Pros

I like the fact that the speed and security of the connection to the remote client are quick and secure without any drops except only on a few occasions which was found to be a bug in the release of one of the installers they had released.

Cons

the file transfer capability and continuity needs improvement. there were issues at sometimes with larger files where the software would just simply quit on a client system and would not resume. we made sure that the client system was more than above standard for handling a file transfer as we usually do this on a higher end workstation or server. this creates a severe impact with not only the client,but with our company as well when performing remote diagnostic services where files need to be uploaded to us.

Reasons for Choosing Bomgar

i chose it due to the fact of testing out this product in an environment prior to purchasing and deploying.

Cam from University of Tennessee

BeyondTrust Remote Support - One of our best purchase decisions

With limited personnel and a wide geographic area to cover, BeyondTrust Remote Support has enabled us to increase our response time on issues, which greatly increases our employees productivity. It also reduced our travel expenses by at least 50%.

Pros

BeyondTrust Remote Support gives support professionals unequaled control of endpoint devices. Works with desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones. So easy to use, even the most basic end user can connect and get assistance.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see is the ability to hear the audio from the endpoint device. This would greatly help in troubleshooting remote meetings and sound card issues

Marc from La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino

Best Support Software

My overall experience with this Remote Support is flawless, from my remote support to my clients as well as their support to me.

Pros

Their Support is immediate and professional. Very secure connection to give support to your users. Technical support from Bomgar is impecable, as well as for their hardware as the software itself. The ease of use of the software from your Mobile, Surface, PC is very well thought out and laid out. I can be sure of the connection and can give support to my users and check on my servers at any given moment without any hassle, with just a data connection. Jump PC, and monitor the status of the users' PC at that moment.

Cons

Not sure there were any, just getting used to at the beginning with the options the first day and off you go.

Wendy from Utah Valley University

Wonderful to have remote user technical support

This tool has been very useful in helping tech support to quickly help me solve problems that were puzzling to me. I like to try to research and troubleshoot my own problems, but knowing that tech support can remote to my computer makes me more likely to contact them, which does save me time. I know that I'll be able to watch and learn from them as they solve the problem.

Pros

I am an employee at a university and our IT department uses this software to remote into a user's computer to help troubleshoot problems, install software, etc. It really helps problems to get solved more quickly and easily without requiring a tech to go to various locations. I have also been able to use it as an administrator to help a user with a specific software program that was having an odd problem with the software and to help train that user. I like that both the tech working remotely and the user can both control the keyboard and mouse. It is nice to get notified the whole time that the tech is connected to your machine and when the disconnect is done so you don't have to worry about privacy.

Cons

As with any remote software, the speed of use can get slow and controlling the mouse can be tricky.

Stephen from Arizona State University

Excellent remote assistance and queue management for tech support teams.

Better than VNC, RDP, remote assistance or many other remote connection software options for its ability to deploy and scale cross-platform, as well as usability for non-techs who need to be able to access customer computers.

Pros

Deployable "JumpClient" makes remote connecting to customers a breeze. Remote requests prompt users and the Representative Console makes sorting through new requests and finding users to connect to very easy.

Cons

Honestly, this is nitpicky, but the name. We've had Bomgar implemented for over 2 years but we still get "concerned" emails about this aggressive-sounding software "popping up" in the system tray of user's computers. Education is helping, but there really is no great fix for that, and you can't really fault the creator for using his unique surname for the great product.

robert from University

Bomgar

We have 20 tier two Help Desk techs who use Bomgar every day in every situation conceivable, including customers who are presenting at the time. It works well, and when it doesn't work, we then know there is a network problem between us and the customer that needs attention.

Pros

We have access to four tools that give us some kind of remote access to our customer's computers. Bomgar is the best, gets used every day, and has a features suite that is unmatched. Our customers travel the globe, sometimes have emergent needs, and are sometimes difficult to understand in text or bad voice connections. Being able to reliably remote into their computer to assess and resolve the situation is priceless.

Cons

It has a cost for as many techs as we have on staff, but it is worth it.

Jason from HomeGate Real Estate An Innovative Cloud-Based Brokerage

Bomgar Enables an Organization to Instantly Respond to Its Users

Using Bomgar has greatly increased our ability to support our users and reduce phone calls to our service desk.

Pros

I love the out-of-the-box ability to route chat sessions based on preset conditions. We have Bomgar integrated with Canvas. Based on a user's role in Canvas, we can route a chat session to appropriate personnel (the routing happens on the Bomgar side). For example, if teacher initiates a chat session, then that person is routed to a different support channel than if a student were to initiate the chat session. This integration is only possible because Bomgar provides an API allowing 3rd party integrations.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the lack of ability to customize the color of the send button in the chat window. Its default is orange which clashes with our institution's primary color of green. I hope Bomgar provides a method to edit the color of this button.

Keith from Calvary chapel fort Lauderdale

It allows us to help both staff and non staff remotely to fix their computers.

Pros

It is very easy for me to have user download/run the remote software.

Cons

Setting up jump points doesn't always work well.

Josiah from Dristech, LLC

Industry: Medical Devices

Best remote software

Pros

Easy and quick to get into a customer's computer to provide assistance

Cons

Unable to integrate with our CRM Could use a few more features such as computer health monitoring and magnet links to pinned computers

Comprehensive Remote Assistance

I appreciate Bomgar for what it does. I can connect to another users machine fairly quickly and remotely when issues arise, and for the most part, other than when admin credentials are required, I am able to handily resolve any issues. I know that there are other products that do similar functions, and even one or two that I prefer more, but we licensed this software for company use and it is perfectly adequate.

Pros

What I like most is that it works exactly like it should, which is connect me to office users so that I can handle computer issues remotely. Once I am connected, I am good to go as far as accessing another computer. I like that it runs through a web portal for ease of use when I am not directly connected to our network.

Cons

There are some small, glitchy things, like when I want to email the link to another staffer, I have to copy and paste the link into an email instead of just clicking on the button that self-generates an email. Another thing, which I don't think Bomgar can really do anything about as it is more about security settings on our devices, is that when I am installing software or making changes on a computer remotely, and those actions require administrator login, but the remote link blocks you from seeing what the issue is, and you are temporarily disconnected without really knowing why.

Candace from BWL

Industry: Computer Hardware

Bomgar is a great remote desktop tool!

The benefits of using Bomgar include being able to communicate with an IT team via the messaging tool. Other benefits of using Bomgar include being able to remotely control another users system. Additional benefits of Bomgar include real-time display when remotely accessing another users computer. More benefits of using Bomgar include being able to communicate with internal networks. Overall, Bomgar is comparable to TeamViewer but much easier to navigate.

Pros

Bomgar allows the user to forward an email invitation to remotely access another users computer. Bomgar's user interface is relatively simple to navigate or access. Restricted views do not apply for individuals with elevated authorization. Bomgar is easy to learn for intermediate information technology users. Bomgar allows user to remotely access users mobile, computer, laptop, or virtual desktop.

Cons

Bomgar allows users to input IP address to access computer, unsure whether the client saves the IP address. Bomgar is featured with additional information as it relates to the user such as system information. Furthermore, as a user it is unsure whether if the client such as Bomgar stores that information. Bomgar accesses users computer system through firewall, thus overwriting the firewall capabilities of Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10. According to the Bomgar's Privacy terms, Bomgar collects information for third parties and as a user the clarity regarding third party data is unclear.

Katherine from Ryder System

Best thing is connection fast, fast at Bomgar.

Bomgar is a very good software, it has too many excellent and lucrative functions that complement very well the long distance remote connection, the only factor that affects are the prices but I trust that at some point the plans for a better accessibility will decrease. Bomgar has helped me a lot in business, since I can connect with my employees to provide support and other things.

Pros

The best thing about Bomgar is the speed of its connection, it can be anywhere in the world, in any country, and in the same way, provide a support with a fast connection and without connection drops, the stability in this software is the factor that has given you the most life.

Cons

I do not like that Bomgar has high prices, since the intention of this software is to help connect from any place or device and give distant support, but the prices of the plans do not allow accessibility, if the mission is help, I would like lower the prices so high.

Awesome Value for Money!

Communicating with external customer in efficient way and reducing the support calls and communication count by helping user efficiently. User satisfaction is increasing with ease

Pros

All customers are not within in your intranet for which you can use some sort of intranet communication tool and then you need something like this which is so seamless you would be astonished. Forget about low bandwidth in the customer end this allows you to connect people from the most remote places. You can take control of external user and do almost everything what you want the users to do. This not only saves time by reducing communication but also keeps the user happy by not walking through the unwanted application specific steps. You can specify what level of access to end user's computer the support team will get which is a awesome feature.

Cons

The pop up window comes out of no where can be little annoying. I will prefer some sort of message before sudden pop up comes up. Some apple ios specific issues was there which has been reduced with every release.

Elizabeth from Farmers Insurance

Puts my mind at ease

Like I said, we use Bomgar for IT. Since our company is spread out across the US and in various countries across the world, this system helps resolve issues remotely without the need of a person to come check IT issues on our computers- this essentially saves time!

Pros

I use Bomgar whenever I have an IT issue. I call our IT and open a Bomgar session. It's very simple to open. It allows IT to access my computer remotely. We both have the ability to control the computer. Typically I will type in my username and password for a program and the IT specialist will be able to see the issue I have on my computer and troubleshoot it. I remember when we would have to call IT and explain everything in extreme detail and then IT would tell us what to do. It's not always easy to follow instructions over the phone, especially when it's technical. This takes me out as the middle man, so IT can directly fix my computer from their own location.

Cons

Honestly, there's nothing I don't like. I would just recommend closing out of anything confidential before allowing someone else to see your screen.

Nathan from Advanced Family Eye Care

It just works

If you are in an industry requiring frequent remote desktop connections--especially if troubleshooting and providing support for other users--Bomgar is an excellent choice.

Pros

Bomgar provides an extremely easy solution for connecting to client computers for troubleshooting and support. I love that the remote user doesn't need to have any technical skills to initiate the connection. Ultimately it's just about ease for the clients, and this software provides it.

Cons

To be honest, I haven't had any real issues with Bomgar. Maybe once or twice a client's computer had trouble using it on an old Internet Explorer connection, but that was not Bomgars software at fault. No real complaints.

Harry from Horizon Beverage

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Beyond Trust Review

I remotely assist end users and administer servers with this software

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and administer

Cons

I dont like that you cant always elevate permissions.

Jamie from GCFA

I have used a plethora of Remote support software and this is by far my favorite

Pros

Easy to install, easy to use. Great features and I like how you can organize your 'pinned' sessions. You can draw on screen for customers, access registry behind the scenes, transfer files and chat.

Cons

I really have very little complaints about this software. The biggest annoyance is if the pinned software does not work and you reinstall, it puts multiple instances of the software in Programs and Features and they do not include a utility for uninstalling. Also, if an end user installs bomgar, it prompts for the UAC but if the user clicks no, it installs anyway which is a minor annoyance; why not just prevent the UAC if admin is not needed for the install?

Scott from Pomeroy

Overall a Great product with Great support

Easy Remote Support of my users

Pros

They have a great product that makes remote support easy to do. The tool is filled with features that enable you to connect to your user and support them totally. They include chat, Remote desktop, VoIP, direct file transfers and many other types of connections between you and your end user. This product has helped make my life as an Admin much easier. And it is Linux Friendly too so you are free to run whatever OS you want to connect to your users. It traverses a wide array of network topologies as well making seemingly impossible connections possible.

Cons

It can be a little on the costly side. With all the features available to you the configuration of all those features can get complicated when you get into some of the advanced scenarios.

We use this in a customer support capacity and LOVE it.

Pros

We absolutely love the utter simplicity of using this tool with clients and employee's alike. The tool itself is extremely focused, and meets every need we have for screen share's for example, with clients, stakeholders, and even localized IT support. I also use this personally for some cloud development projects, and it allows me to connect from ANYWHERE, which is a great plus!

Cons

Sometimes I find it can be a little big laggy with more detailed information being shown on screen, but overall it would be the same as any other product in this category - more influenced by network conditions than the application itself. Sometimes, I have issues connecting, and have to restart my PC, but I suspect this is a windows 10 update issue, not with the product itself.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,324 reviews