• icon"The attention to detail and the information I can pull from the software as the administrator was remarkable and easy to use."
  • icon"It pretty much ran the backside of our tournament flawlessly and was also very easy to use."
  • icon"Ease of use and it's breadth of functionality. It had many functions that we did not take advantage of this year."
  • icon"Lack of customization, only catered more towards golf booking."
  • icon"Setup for the tournament was mostly intuitive but there were a couple of confusing aspects to setup."
  • icon"Initially I was unaware of how the massaging feature worked. I needed to use the email feature to communicate with players to give them the final details of the event."

All GolfStatus Reviews

Matt

GolfStatus - your website services and support staff ROCK!

We have nothing but fantastic things to say about GolfStatus and all of the staff we have had the privilege of working with. Overall, they make sure you are taken care of and feel like a top priority to them. I cannot recommend them enough!

Pros

4 key points for us about this software: 1) The customer service is on point for GolfStatus. I think any question we have had has been answered within a 10 minute window and the staff has went above and beyond to make sure we understand things and are taken care of. 2) The appearance of the website: the interface is clean and direct. It's pretty simple to understand for users (and once you get the hang of it, the back end is pretty good as well!) 3) Setting things up: This is made easy for almost anyone to do. We love the features! 4) Payment: The site being tied to Stripe has made our lives so much easier! I cannot begin to talk about how many hours the website has saved us as a team in organizing the event.

Cons

There really are no big cons we can think of. If I was nitpicking it all, I would say there are some reports that could be easier to pull / run for the event -but that's really nitpicking at it.

A Huge Help To Our Event And Our Cause

Great software and tool, OUTSTANDING customer care/support. I've used other tools and pulled together my own tools (Constant Contact, Paypal, MailChimp...), GolfStatus made my life so much easier. I am a fan and loyal customer for life. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was an outstanding liaison from an account perspective and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was always there when we needed him for administrative/website support. Really impressed with the tool, but LOVED the support from start to finish.

Pros

The software was easy to use as the administrator and easy to use for our golfers and donors. Not complicated.

Cons

I would like to get the sponsors more "eyeball space", perhaps on the front page. I know the Tech Sponsor is a big deal for GolfStatus, but I don't like that we have to go to a separate tab to see the sponsors.I also would like to be able to load my marketing list and create an outreach tool via GolfStatus - I use Mailchimp, I'd rather get rid of that and have it all integrated into the same platform.

Reasons for switching to GolfStatus

GolfStatus is a really robust/integrated tool (I'd like to have it also replace my use of Mailchimp for outreach) and the fact that they handle all the back-office integration and front-end website work is just fantastic. Very easy to use!

Alex

October 2022

Thank you for helping our nonprofit!

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] really helped make the entire process as simple as possible.

Cons

The home page was set up a little different, not allowing us to customize our top sponsor and our logo as much as we would've liked.

Maggie

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

February 2022

The People behind GolfStatus make the difference!

The people are AMAZING, the software gets the job done.

Pros

I loved how helpful the team behind the software is. It makes using the software easier.

Cons

There needs to be an easier way to receive credit card payments for an in person silent auction.

Alexis

September 2022

Makes the impossible possible

I don't know the firt thing about golf tournaments and GolfStatus makes it possible to run a successful event. The website is super user friendly and literally does it all for you. We've used GolfStatus for our event for the last two years and it's been wonderful!

Pros

First, the customer service is outstanding. Any question or problem I have, they help quickly and efficiently. I love that it's a one stop shop - register for a team, purchase add ons, sign up as a sponsor. I love the ability to look at payout reports. The options of how to view and download the data is great.

Cons

Sponsors are asked up upload their images but they aren't high enough quality to use for signage. This means we have to ask for another logo from our sponsors. There is also no good way to download the images from GolfStatus. Last year we had the complaint that the website didn't work properly with browsers other than Chrome. As a Chrome user, I didn't notice and I don't believe we had complaints this year, but I wanted to note it in case it still needs addressed.

Reasons for choosing GolfStatus

Using Formstack meant I had to create all the forms from scratch. GolfStatus was plug and play, flawless!

Scott

Golf Outing Management

Our golf outing is an annual fundraiser for the boys' and girls' basketball programs at our high school. We typically have a full field for our golf outing, but it's not a fundraiser that's designed to raise tens of thousands of dollars. However, you never would have known that in dealing with GolfStatus. They treated us as if we were running the most prestigious golf outing in the world. We are very happy that we chose to use GolfStatus for our golf outing. Not only did it make publicizing and running our golf outing much easier, but GolfStatus's customer service and support were outstanding. They took the time to do an online demo while we were considering using the product. Once we decided to go with them, they created the website for us and then scheduled an online training session to teach us how to use and edit it. The week before the outing, they scheduled an online meeting with us in order to finalize any last-minute details and prepare us for what to do on the day of the outing. During the outing, their customer service was always available to answer any questions that we had. That was very impressive, especially considering that our outing was on a weekend. We couldn't be happier with our choice to use GolfStatus. We will use them again next year, and we would highly recommend them to anyone else who organizes and runs a golf outing.

Pros

The software made running our golf outing so much easier. We used GolfStatus in order to publicize our golf outing as well as to register golfers and donors online. Those were huge benefits for us as in the past we had to collect paper registration forms from each golfer and sponsor, and all payments had to be in the form of cash or check. It also greatly sped up the registration table on the day of our golf outing since all of our golfers had already registered and paid online beforehand. For the last several years, we've had a full field for our golf outing, and the waiting list was a nice feature because golfers could see who was already registered and know when the field was getting close to being full. This allowed us to have our field finalized much earlier than normal. The on-course scoring and skins tracking were game-changers for us as well. It saved us a tremendous amount of time at the end of the outing since we didn't have to sit down and figure out the golf outing winners and skins winners. The skins tracker was a fun feature for the golfers because they could see what skins were still available in real-time during the outing.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like. We are a nonprofit organization, so there was no cost for us to use the software, which was a huge benefit. If we could change anything, it would be to have an easier to way correct a team's scorecard while the golf outing was taking place. We had a team who mistakenly submitted their scorecard after the first hole, and it wasn't very easy to simply allow them back into the outing. To GolfStatus's credit, however, their customer service was online and helped walk us through how to get them back in the outing. It would also be nice if they had a built-in app for sponsors to resize their logos so that they fit the size requirements of the GolfStatus app. It wasn't difficult for us to do it using the software that GolfStatus recommended, but it did take some time as we had to do it for most of the sponsors since most didn't have the technology to resize their logos. Those were relatively minor hassles, however. The benefits of the GolfStatus app far outweigh any negatives.

Eric

Happy Customer

I am thoroughly pleased, not only with the software, but the staff at Golf Status was phenomenal and was always available to answer questions and solve my issues. Great Job!

Pros

As an administrator for my organization, I had the pleasure of using the Golf Status software to host our annual golf fundraising event. I am extremely pleased with the features this software possessed. The software made it easy to register, track registration, track sponsor registration, create teams, manage the event, and a host of other tools to help monitor our event. The one feature that everyone enjoyed was the mobile app that allowed all players to view and manage scores during the event. I highly recommend anyone planning a golf event to check out Golf Status to ensure your event success.

Cons

The concern I had was use of the massaging feature. initially I was unaware of how the massaging feature worked. I needed to use the email feature to communicate with players to give them the final details of the event. I found out later that email gives more characters if you use email and SMS at the same time. Still great app.

Reasons for choosing GolfStatus

Golf Status was referred by a friend that uses Golf Status in a different organization.

Ebon

First Tee Golf Outing

With the uniqueness of our event we relied on our GolfStatus rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], quite a bit. He was fantastic to work with and anticipated a lot of our questions and came with solutions. For those things that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] didn't have a ready solution, he was quick to take notes, work behind the scenes and then reach back out with help. The service that he provided is one of the many reasons we will be returning to the GolfStatus platform for our future events.

Pros

We loved the ease of setting up our event and smoothly managing the process along the way. The software is very intuitive which made my job as the lead for our event, the easiest it's ever been.

Cons

Our outing is different than many because we hold two separate competitions within the same outing. We have a scramble competition along with a best-ball competition. I'd love to see the platform handle that a little more smoothly. But we were able to workaround a few things and get everything set up in a different manor. I realize that our event is different than 99% of the other outings so this is a little bit of a selfish request.

Megan

August 2022

Great for Small Non-Profits New to the Golf Fundraising Sphere

Very impressed with customer service I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT], he was patient and helped me alot with this first year tournament we threw. I think its a great platform to keep all your event information in one place.

Pros

Ability to keep all tournament sponsorship, registration and donations in one place, easy to download and print out reporting, clean and easy to read registration page, excellent customer service

Cons

back end is a bit challenging for a first time user, alot of different sections to navigate on back end, wish push notification was more developed and also that we were informed from the start that you cannot use with other live scoring software (best to check with golf course first)

Reasons for choosing GolfStatus

QGiv doesn't offer event software specific to golf tournaments

Shelia

There is Nothing Bad to Say

10/10 would recommend. In fact, I've already been recommending the team at GolfStatus when my peers bring up their own golf tournaments.

Pros

Literally everything. This software so efficient and versatile and we are incredibly glad we had the support of [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our customer success specialist. He was responsive, effective, clear, and very insightful about functions of the software as well as tips and tricks for our tournament. Things wouldn't have been nearly as seamless without Golf Status. We're really glad we made this choice for our non-profit tournament.

Cons

There were some common sense functions that aren't available, like how to manage single player assignments, but while they weren't available for us this time, they are on the roadmap for the product team. These issues were also super easily resolved by reaching out to the chat team at GolfStatus when something came up, so I wouldn't really consider it a "con" in the end.

Julie

November 2022

User Friendly Platform for Event & Fundraising Management

We used the GolfStatus platform to help us manage our first annual golf fundraising event for our nonprofit organization. The ease for our sponsors, donors, and golfers to use this platform was remarkable. The staff support we received from beginning to end was exceptional! The communication from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was over and beyond helpful in planning our event. We plan to use this platform again for our next fundraising event!

Pros

We were able to manage our first annual golf fundraising event for our nonprofit organization using the GolfStatus platform. The ease for our sponsors, donors, and golfers to use this platform was remarkable.

Cons

The only thing we can think of is that we had a couple of golfers who wanted to pay by check at our event and we were not able to add a single player to the platform. We could add a 4some team but not a single player. This was not an issue at all though.

Farryl

July 2022

GolfStatus made our event management very simple

The event was very successful. Having the site up in running 90 days in advance was a huge help and it was all a team effort. The software was very easy to use. Having the walk through with the staff and having representatives available were a huge part of the process that made understanding Golf Status easier.

Pros

The Pro's of using Golf Status was having all the event information, process of payments/donations, and live scoring a total breeze. Printing up scorecards was easy, along with putting individuals into teams, and adjusting hole sponsor designations. The system really broke everything down.

Cons

I didn't run into any cons while using Golf Status.

Wally

Industry: Military

Golfstatus is the best!

Outstanding experience! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has a can do attitude that provided everything we were looking for. He was always available it seemed, and led us through a very successful charity golf tournament.

Pros

The ease of use. We are in a senior community that is not the most computer savvy, and they found it very easy and convenient to use.

Cons

I can’t think of anything that I didn’t like. Once they had to do a software update to add a particular entry to our Donation section. That took a couple of days, but then it worked great. The add on was our idea anyway.

Reasons for choosing GolfStatus

They presented the best product and design. And even more important was how fast they set it up and brought it on line.

Jeffrey

Industry: Fund-Raising

Knights of Columbus 10th Annual Golf Scramble

Great. We will continue to use for year 11.

Pros

Helps us tremendously in sign ups and sponsorships before the date of the event. Love the way we can track scores on the day of the event with live scoring.

Cons

As an administrator, we are limited to what we can see. I would have to ask [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for information about who purchased mulligans. Seemed unclear that the tournament was full. I didn't check out the website, but it was what I heard.

Justine