• Pros

• "Ease of use- Set up is a breeze and getting support from anywhere is easy and inexpensive "

• "Easy to use and easy to implement (install new remote clients was easy)"

• "It's not too clunky, it has a simple interface, and it's at a very affordable price point for small businesses. "

• Cons

• "The software working through the app is sometimes a little less than smooth. It still works well but could see some improvement."

• "Like I said, this software is perfect for my needs, but I could see how this may be lacking in some features for a larger operation."

• "There is not much it can't do. As long as they fix bugs that come up sometimes, and they do, its all good."

Browse Splashtop Remote Support Reviews

Matthew from Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation

Great remote desktop software with incredible features!

Being able to control my devices from a distance especially when you are trying to troubleshoot a problem.

Pros

At times, I would be at home or on the road and need a file or documents from my work PC and this software makes it quite easy to access my devices over the net. it also allows me to access them via mobile device

Cons

The only issues i have is how it works when there is a poor internet connection. Tho this isn't an issue with the software but id rather it prompt me with the error notification much quicker than just lagging which would eventually result in me restarting the application multiple times

Daniel from Lions Den Computers

Finally, Remote Access with a Smile

I haven't needed to contact support very much but each time I have they have been quick to help. More than anything in the IT world speed is paramount, these guys are good.

Pros

Functionality across pretty much everything. Fast set up. Secure approval for new machines / users, even down to me having to verify who I am on a regular basis - no trouble, reflects the changing IP's.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

I enquired with many companies, those are just a few that come to mind. The easiest and most useful help was from Splahtop. They gave me a full trial, extended that trial and then helped in the move from LogMeIn to the Splashtop product. All the way through I had regular email communications checking all was going well. Very satisfied customer.

Shawn from Devenish

Industry: Industrial Automation

Splashtop Remote Support

Overall great features, great support, great pricing.

Pros

All pros. I moved our company from LogMeIn Central to Splashtop and couldn't be happier. Super easy to setup, deploy, and maintain. Cost was a driving factor and it fit well into my budgetary guidelines...very affordable in the realm of remote support tools.

Cons

No cons to speak of. It has met our needs and has done so well in the 2 years we've been using Splashtop.

Makes Remote Support Easy

It's invaluable to my job as a customer support agent. I love using it and it makes things very simple.

Pros

Cons

The default option is to not show the remote cursor, which makes it difficult if you are working with a customer and forget to turn it on beforehand.

Dan from dmi Networking

A good piece of software, although it's bare-bones and a bit slow in comparison with others.

Splashtop has a good price point and is decent entry-level remote control software, although there are alternatives that perform better. It's hard to beat the price, though. Test a few before you decide.

Pros

Super simple to deploy, with support for Macs and PCs. It integrates very well with programs like Autotask, making it very easy to connect to a managed computer that you are also monitoring with Autotask Endpoint Management. Lightweight, small program that is very quick to install.

Cons

In our testing it ran slower than LogMeIn and Teamviewer. There weren't as many options to decrease the resolution to increase network speed, although they may have added that feature as we used this about a year ago. We had trouble connecting to PCs that were in portrait mode, and wouldn't switch to Landscape mode without crashing on some systems.

Dave from Your Computer Guy, Inc

Replaced LogMeIn Central and Integrates with Datto RMM

Connecting to a Splashtop cleint is very fast. I also like how it gives a pop up when we connect/disconnect

Pros

What I like most about the software it s the cost! The cost is amazing compared to what we had with Central. We have close to 500 Machines using the RMM and Splashtop direct.

Cons

When using with Integrated RMM you cant drag and drop files or print. Would like the remote printer to just re-direct the printers instead of having to ad the XPS Viewer.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

We loved the price of Remote Support vs the price of LogMeIn Rescue.

Drew from Speed Wrench

Great Value for the money for a remoting solution

I recommend it for cheap/smaller environments that just need simple remoting more than RDP can provide, but I wouldn't use this in an enterprise environment.

Pros

It is cheap and easy to license. The remoting itself is painless and works well, even in situations where internet connection is a bit... murky. Features are slick and well-designed, easy to access. Works great on desktop and phone/tablet solutions. Installer is great and can be automated in a windows environment.

Cons

It lacks some of the "big boy" features that other remoting softwares can provide, but those cost heaps more money. Support is basically a knowledge base, which is lacking, but honestly enough because it's pretty stable.

Carl from Infinite Software Solutions

Low cost IT remote support product

We are happy with the price-feature mix up of this product.

Pros

This is the most cost effective replacement we have found to logmein. Once Logmein raised prices after being purchased by Cisco we looked for alternatives. Splashtop allows us to install on 500+ computers, and can have multiple support agents logged in simultaneously when collaborating to solve a problem. We can even

Cons

Software is easy/intuitive to use, the client is great. The web interface is a bit dated, could use a face lift, but we rarely use it. The client interface works well.

Awesome Remote Support Tool

It has become our go to for tech staff working from home, and elsewhere. It is secure, has great features, and has allowed us to do necessary work and provide support outside the office.

Pros

Allows mas deployment throughout our district to securely remote assist our staff. It provides chat tools, screen selection for multiple screens, file transfer, and many more features.

Cons

The pricing model isn't ideal for a large environment like out, so we have had to restrict access to only a few technical staff members.

Jon from Centering Healthcare Institute

Great tool for managing and supporting PCs remotely

We were using a tool which did not provide elevated permissions on computers which meant some troubleshooting or installation of software remotely was very difficult as we couldn't enter administrator credentials.

Pros

The ease of setup and connecting to a PC for elevated remote support. Features such as chat and file transfer are certainly bonuses.

Cons

Occasionally the antivirus add-on bitdefender has trouble deploying to PCs and that integration could be built out better but overall it's hard to complain at the price.

Price. Logmein Central was more than twice the cost

Don from Communique Sales Co.

Excellent alternative for Logmein Central Users

Lower our yearly cost for remote support - and add remote support for MAC users

Pros

Easy to use and easy to implement (install new remote clients was easy)

Cons

Not having an easier way to switch focus from remote desktop to my desktop when assisting someone with SOS remote agent.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

Best overall experience from start to finish with a new vendor in over 10 years. They were exceptionally helpful during trial period and have not been disappointed since switching to them.

Mike from Clock Medical Supply

Great Remote Support for IT.

I wish I knew about it earlier. They should advertise better especially to IT professionals. LogMeIn was good but they started charging way too much.

Pros

Splashtop helps me in the ability to remote into my PC's without having the user do anything as it loads a small app on the PC that I can see when its online and remote in at will. It also has the ability to let me into any PC that can get on the internet and provide a number that will allow me to get in giving me even more PC's I can access remotely. The price if very affordable for what this can do, it also has a function to chat and do file transfers so its a full remote support software. I can access this on my iPhone to remote into PCs as well giving me the ability to do support anywhere and anytime. They supply updates regularly to keep it running in tip top shape.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop Remote Support

Its full capabilities and cost.

Coy from Oldetowne Tax and Accounting

Dont Waste your money on Logmein, buy this!

Excellent, Reasonable priced for a package, works like I need it, just dont change your packages and we will happy.

Pros

Ability to purchase 25 users at a reasonable price so I can access clients without them having to purchase an expensive remote access software.

Cons

No complaints. I dont know anything to mention here.

Easy and affordable remote support

Splashtop has been a near perfect solution for our internal support needs. Every workstation in our organization can be accessed to provide support. With multiple locations and remote users it has been one of our best/most valuable support tools.

Pros

Easy and customizable deployment, runs as a service on remote station, client automatically updates, mobile friendly interface. Can also create security groups for others accessing remote stations and control/limit access by group.

Cons

Access is to the desktop only, would be nice to have access to services, task manager, and system updates without logging in to desktop. System resource usage seems a little excessive during the remote session.

Michael from Straticel Solutions

Very Good Product!

This is a very good product and it is very-well priced. I use both this product and TeamViewer. It has almost all the same remote support features, and it connects very smoothly. Also, the best distinguishing feature is the deployment setup. It makes it very easy to configure one deployment and deploy it on several computers. The ONLY issue I have a problem with (and this is big to me) is that there is a slight lag whilst already connected. I use the software side-by-side with TeamViewer and the time to send commands, typing, mouse clicks, etc. is significantly longer than with TeamViewer. This is the only thing keeping me from FULLY committing to a premium subscription to Splashtop. I hope that this can be improved, because otherwise this is a very good produce.

Pros

I liked the multi-monitor support the most and also the deployment methods

Cons

I do not like the lag in the connection when sending typing and mouse clicks to remote computer

Jeremy from Wagners Weld and Repair

Easy to use, user friendly

Overall my experience with Splashtop has been a good one. Easy to use, user friendly, and inexpensive way to remotely access your PC from anywhere.

Pros

Cons

It isnt free, you do have to pay if you want to remotely access computer FROM OUTSIDE OF YOUR WIFI CONNECTION. Meaning only if youll want to access your computer from say...work or school. You have to pay for a subscription.

Marsha from eGov Jamaica Ltd.

We can as a teams remotely access own computers and shared computers with any device.

You can access a computer that you've previously installed on from any computer that has an internet connection through their browser. There is nothing to install on the computer you are accessing from. To set up this is easy run the software on the computer you wish to be able to access, and set the software to allow accessing that computer from the Internet.

Pros

The ability to access teams remotely access own computers and shared computers with any device. MSP, IT professionals, service providers, and helpdesks can remotely support their clients, computers and provide them with remote access. I like that about the applications

Cons

Continue to develop and improve on the application. Its is a challenge to access a computer that you've previously installed on from any computer that has an internet connection through their browser. There is nothing to install on the computer you are accessing from.

Manny from Dl Communications

Great Remote Support

Would recommend and I had nothing bad to say about this company besides that they can add more features like their competitors.

Pros

I have used this software several times for remote support and was impressed on the various devices that it supports. With a few clicks you on a user's computer.

Cons

The software could be improved and I wish they had an area to add scripts to make remote support easier to do.

Response from Splashtop

Replied April 2018

Glad you're enjoying Splashtop Remote Support. We're working on scripts features for our upcoming Remote Support Premium edition. You can get more info and early access by clicking the Premium option on the Splashtop Remote Support web page.

Gary from Susan Humphreys

Works like a charm

I help people use QuickBooks, and a lot of times they just need a quick screen share for a simple problem.

Pros

It is very easy to implement, especially for SOS support.

Cons

I wish it were easier to use remote printing.

Brian from Information Technology and Services

Cheaper than LogMeIn

Have access to monitor over 500 computers using the software.

Pros

Provides all of the same features as LogMeIn for a much cheaper price. Supports dual monitor viewing, remote reboot/safe-mode controls, file transfer, remote printing and pretty much anything else that you'd need in a pinch.

Cons

None, it is reliable and never had issues with setup, installs, or remote connections.

Nathan from Automatiza.me

Industry: Consumer Electronics

For the price you can't get a better software.

The price was what made me look at this software. For the price it is a really good software. I can connect to my computers remotely and manage without problems.

Pros

Splashtop impressed me because the price is not high, they are always improving and the speed of connection is awesome. The first time I tried it I played a video on the remote computer and I was able to watch and hear it fine. It does what its supposed to do, let you remotely connect to a computer in order to manage it. The price is great.

Cons

This is a very good software but it lacks a lot of the things others (that are way more expensive mind you) have. Sometimes the software won't update automatically at the remote computer and sometimes computers just won't be reachable anymore.

James from MSP Remote

Splashtop is a Great Remote Software for IT and MSP's

Overall this product is great and is a asset that brings tremendous value.

Pros

Cost is low compared to alternatives and the features are rich enough to support customers remotely and get the job done.

Cons

Wish they would integrate everything into one instead of having to purchase blocks of pc's and having to purchase on-demand separately.

Splashtop is a great way to do remote support

Haven't had to use support more than just adding licensing at times and they were great

Pros

The software was very competitively priced and easy to deploy and use and has made us so much more effective at assisting our remote users.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet we don't like about this software

Brian from level1pc

Best price compared to the other top remote paid services.

Extremely affordable and full function user-ability for anyone.

Pros

Easy to install and setup, unattended access for weekly or monthly maintenance schedules, data file transfer, and customer devices database with option to rename device feature.

Cons

None that I can think of, other than I Wish the SOS was free, as some of my older customers have trouble installing programs to begin with.

chris from Etron Solutions

By far the best remote desktop experience

Easy remote support

Pros

Easiest to use, and integrates directly with Autotask. Software rarely has any hiccups and provides an excellent interface.

Cons

Don't actually have any issues with the software, other than the fact it can be a little resource heavy. Tend to see 20-40% resource usage by splashtop application during use, otherwise minimal impact.

Good option for small IT business

One of the problems I have run into with other remote software programs is that the program will go dormant on my end when the operation on the far end is trying to execute a task that requires admin credentials, but I do not have that issue with Splashtop. I am able to get programs updated, and I can access all of the files that are stored on the local hard drives, as well as access the company NAS drive.

Pros

I manage a small office's computer systems, and Splashtop is perfect for what I need. I am able to remotely connect to any computer within this office's network to run update. make sure backups are being performed, and monitor antivirus programs. Setting up the client software on opposite was also very easy, and the security involved is very manageable.

Andrew from HBC

Industry: Wholesale

Great unattended remote access tool

Very good software, fast and very stable. Never had an issue where unattended remote connection would not work, freeze or crash (assuming good network connection is in place). All the core features are working as expected such as multi monitor support, file transfer, chat window. Overall, we're very satisfied with this solution.

Pros

Price, ease of use, good support and sales team.

Cons

Really nothing to complain about. The feature set is limited, but you cannot beat it for the price. If you need all the bells and whistles, then go with LMI.

Great tool for remote support of applications and users.

Pros

Screen refresh rate is great. File transfer easy to use. Engineers have easy to use desktop application with all the remote computers.

Cons

Copy / past not always working, reconnecting to the client can resolve this issue. Missing a button with CTRL+ESC.

Tons of value for the price

Since changing to Splashtop, our support team has been very satisfied.

Pros

I find Splashtop to be the most value for the price when it comes to remote support tools. The software is very reliable, updated frequently, and easy for end users to use.

Cons

The user interface can feel outdated, and connections can sometimes take a very long time to initiate.

Justin from DSK | Dewing Schmid Kearns, Architects + Planners

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Generally positive. Use for remote work. Need better multi-monitor features.

Provides a secure, managed and fast tool for allowing staff to remotely connect to work machines from any computer.

Pros

We like the management capabilities, the speed of the product and ease of use. Most of all we like that it performs smoothly with live rendering and video where other remote connection tools are jumpy or laggy.

Cons

The multi-monitor functions are clunky. Please develop the ability to break out the two monitors into separate windows so each remote window can be put on a separate monitor on the side you're connecting from. Many staff members at our company are requesting this.

Response from Splashtop

Replied June 2018

Hi Justin. Thanks for the review. Multi-to-multi monitor support is coming soon.

Jorge from ANP Computer

One of the BEST remote support software

Pros

We use Splashtop everyday single day to support our customers, its really easy to use and fast, I like that we can transfer files between computers fast and easy.

Cons

Sometimes we get a hard time trying to connect to the remote computer, but most of the time the issue is the computer.

cory from Pavement Management Group

very good remote access service.

Pros

I pair this service with Atera RMM, it is integrated when a machine has Atera installed. lets you remote access a machine without needing to receive a temp password like TeamViewer, this can be set up that way if you would like, however. very clear picture and quick response time with very little input lag which is hard to achieve with a remote service. Splashtop does have a mobile app as well if you have that in your plan.

Cons

can't really think of anything I dislike, gets the job done and does exactly what it says it does. highly recommended if you need to perform remote maintenance often.

George from Williamson Insurance Service

Splashtop is the affordable solution for small help desk support!

Our organization used another remote assistance tool for a few years until the cost of said tool just became too much to justify. On the recommendation of a colleague, we completed a trial of Splashtop and found that it worked very well for our organization size. If you need to support a user by connecting to their desktop, this performs the task very well. Desktop connection is quite seamless with very little to no latency issues. Connecting to a dual monitor station requires you to manually change between screens but you get used to this very quickly. Their mobile app is very convenient for the IT professional on the go. Simply place the app on your tablet and you can be supporting your users from practically anywhere. It would be nice for them to introduce a feature where you can reboot a machine from the computer list without having to log into the machine. Overall, if you are looking for a reliable and cost effective way to remotely assist your users or clients, Splashtop is a very viable solution.

Splashtop Remote Support

The program is very helpful and resourceful in getting help from others online without having someone come to your home. It all done online and just connect to the other person. It not a bad program i do recommend using it for business and schooling as well.

Pros

What i like about this program is that program can allow others to come into your computer and show how things are done online. Such as selling for instance. I had someone use splashtop remote support to show me how to do something that pertain to selling online.

Cons

What i least had issues with was the connection issues. You would get booted off and the other person would be booted and you had to reconnect everytime. That the only downfall i had with the splashtop remote support program.

Your PC in your hand

Pros

provide a PC interface as it is on other device. the application is properly developed and lack of buffering Mobile app also provide pc interface on our hand we can remotely access if its internet available, no need to be near by Can be access to webcam in PC via internet

Cons

At the not responding stage a restart should be needed. Uses significant amount of data. after giving access in initial mode, most of the people can access to PC remotely.

M Thomas from American Service Industries Inc

Splashtop Abandoned Me

Cons

Splashtop Remote Mouse on my iPhone talking to Windows 10 no longer work putting me as handicapped 72 yr man with no access to windows 10 My iPhone was my mouse on Windows 10 but tech support has ignored me

A cost effective remote control software

A bang for your buck remote control suite

Pros

Splashtop is very cheap when compared to competitors with similar features , that is extremely easy to deploy and use, even for non technical people.

Cons

Not as fast as the major players like Teamviewer or logmein and there has been a couple of instances where the service was not available at critical times. Support is a bit hit and miss.

Jon from Winter Systems Computers

Great replacement product for LogMeIn Central at a very good price.

Ability to work with clients remotely and reseller to them so they can use it to remote into their own computers.

Pros

Can set us groups and additional users for a group or groups. Good handling of multi-monitors, very good speed and screen resolution very readable. Lots of option to adjust to different size monitors and handle slower internet connections.

Yannik from Simbioz

Same functionalities as LogMeIn Central, but less expensive!

Pros

Has the same great functionalities (that I need) as LogMeIn Central, but it's less expensive. The Android app works very well.

Cons

I would like to have email alerts with Splashtop Remote Support - PLUS. The UI look could be better, but I'm ready to leave with that as it's less expensive than the other similar products.

Sharon from CSH Tax Services

Great for small business owners

Pros

The product is easy to install and use. Simple designs add to the ease of use. Also it is affordable for a user for s year. Very secure.

Cons

Very secure is a pro in my book. However, the double login is a little cumbersome if you are trying to login from a new computer that is not recognized.

Jason from Clear Investigative Advantage

More than expected

It helps me fix issues remotely on my user's PCs

Pros

It's so easy to use and very user friendly. The cost is much less than the previous company we used, and we get as many, if not more features.

Cons

Nothing that I've found so far. Everything works great.

Michael from OSU

Does the job after getting used to the quirks of the software.

Pros

Performance is excellent. I can remote to my pc at 1440p resolution and the stream quality on my phone is smooth.

Cons

I can not change the resolution of pc while I'm remoting to it. Sometimes the resolution gets stuck to my phone's despite using the native setting.

Great software for Remote Support

Pros

What I liked most was being able to separate the devices into groups. We are a school district so this made it nice to have our computers divided up into our different locations. It makes it easier to find which device we're trying to help troubleshoot. We also like the it asks the user for permission before allowing remote access. We were also able to set it up to lock the computer once we're done with the remote session. This is particularly useful for staff that allows access, but then walks away to work on other tasks. It's a nice added security feature.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that there is no silent install for Mac Users. We were able to push out the installation via Group Policy for all our Windows users, but Mac users requires time to actually install the file manually. We've encountered issues where many Mac users have delayed support because we have to install the product first.

Tony from Consulting It Service

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Easy to Use - Cost blows away all competitors

I love it instant access to my customers computers, save $$ from needing to go onsite

Pros

Easy of Use, very low cost when purchased in Bulk

Cons

The rollout of the Bitdefender AV is a bit clunky. Would like bulk purchase to be in groups of 10 vs groups of 50

Cost

Remote Access for all

Pros

Ease of install and setup. The administration is fairly simple and there are several options for updates, etc.

Cons

would be nice to have the ability to install via group policy or other automated tools

Caleb from Wireless Zone LLC

Industry: Wireless

Easy to use and navigate.

Pros

Simple interface that is easy for even the novice to navigate. Connects to remote device with little to no issue.

Cons

Its a little expensive if you need to use for commercial purposes compared to some of the other software out there.

john from john j prudente agency inc.

splashtop review

Pros

i love the easy connection to my desktop, have never had a problem connecting, i love it

Cons

nothing , i love it it works perfect for me

Glenn from Blue Ocean Web Hosting

Good but not great

It was a good alternative to Team View - but I found another product that was faster in the way it rendered the screen. Was not as easy for remote clients to access as some others. It worked better than the total free ones, was a good alternative until I found a

Pros

Similar to other remote software out there. At the time it was good value and worked OK for the price

Cons

slow. It was very slow to render. File transfer was not easy enough and was unable to change date format which was annoying more than anything else.

Lauren from Raleigh Geriatric Care Management

patient, understanding, kind, with great customer support

I am able to use remotely and know that I have the support of a friendly and helpful support team

Pros

The software support team was prompt and courteous giving me the information I needed without a major sales pitch. Cut and dry and to the point.

Cons

There is honestly NOTHING I can say that is negative about the program support team as whoever I spoke to was friendly and kind

Slow, clunky and bare-bones.

Pros

Support for many platforms and it integrates well with our other tools.

Cons

No way to adjust the quality of the connection. This causes the experience to be very slow when you are using to support people without highspeed connections available.