• Pros

• "Pricing is excellent compared to the other remote options, it is very easy to use and it gets the job done with no issue."

• "Great for providing support to clients when you need to see what is happening on their computers. Great Value"

• "Great tool for IT remote access for end-user support. Works like Logmein Rescue but faster and ultimately much cheaper. "

• Cons

• "It can get expensive but is much cheaper than LogMeIn. "

• "Can have some troubles moving files between computers etc. "

• "That you can not take full control of a mobile device from a desktop admin."

Browse Splashtop SOS Reviews

Miguel from AIIAS

Using Splashtop during pandemic

During the pandemic lock-down, our IT department had to continue provide technical support to students and faculty who continue having their classes online, this tool arrived on time.

Pros

Providing support to users who uses Windows based computers is straight forward. End users that never used Splashtop before did not have any problems sending us the 9-digit code in a short time. What helps is that the remote software is not heavy and the UI is easy to understand.

Cons

Sometimes I find myself using a Linux based computer and need to provide remote help, sadly I could not find a Linux version for the agent side.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Splashtop is affordable, other products may have voice communication and other features that could make the software bigger and expensive, however, in our setup we do not need those extra features.

Response from Splashtop

Replied June 2020

Hi Miguel, Thank you for the rating and review. Our goal is to provide the simplest and fastest remote access and remote support solution at an extremely affordable price. A good news to share with you that we do support Linux. Here's the link for your reference: https://www.splashtop.com/downloads#sos If you need any further assistance, please contact us at customer-success@splashtop.com. Our entire team is at your disposal. Sincerely, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Great/Easy remote software

Overall it has been very good experience and helped us provide high level of support service to our clients, although some customers took sometime to get use to the idea of generating the code first then provide us with it over our live chat but in most cases it was a straight fw process and easy to use

Pros

Easy using of the software, download small file and install it then it will generate a code, from your end through business app you can use this code to access the computer. You can access different computers at the same time. more than one tech can work on same session. Add notes to each session. Has option to reboot, chat, full control on the remote computer. Adjust the software to be branded Work on most mobiles as well

Cons

If possible to add some features: Customer can initiate chat from his end instead of lunching software and generate a new code every time. If it can save chat history automatically of every session.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

It was offering best price with mostly all features we were looking for

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

Cost, splashtop is much much cheaper than logmein rescue and missing features are few that can be replaced or use a way around.

Scott from United Printing

Industry: Printing

Splashtop

My overall experience with their free trial was not a good one. Not easy to use and support was not very helpful. Also just installing the software did not remove everything. But I found out where to do that from others online not the Splashtop people.

Pros

I can't say there was anything I liked about this software. The software was not easy to use and came with a few hicupps.

Cons

This software I installed the trial and had issues with it from the start. I tried support and it took a while for them to get back to me so I eventually went on to another software that turned out great.

Todd from TML Consulting

Excellent and appropriately priced alternative to the overpriced competing products

I started using it since Splashtop was included with my Atera MSP solution and was amazed by the quality of the product and connections. It made sense to dump my much more expensive subscription Teamviewer product for Splashtop SOS. It does everything I need without breaking the bank. Some of my colleague's have been on Splashtop for years and love it too.

Pros

Very easy to use and deploy. Has all the features I could possibly need and then some. I've had other competing subscription products that just kept increasing in cost. Splashtop I think is perfectly priced and excellent quality. Having the ability to view and remote assist a mobile phone user included is a real value add for my clients.

Cons

Ive never really had any major issues while using the product. I wish the on demand SOS download through Splashtop's site could be custom branded instead of having to host and deploy a branded SOS on my own. Other than that can't think of anything else to gripe on. Keep up the excellent work guys!

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

It was a apples to apples switch for me. I don't feel like I gave up anything other than the extra money falling out of my wallet each year. Feels nice to not be taken advantage of with price hikes every year or two and not have much extra to show for it. Splashtop is a properly priced and excellent quality product.

Danny from Dragon veterinary

Great, full featured remote tool

I do technical support, and training for users on a daily basis. I'm often connected to multiple computers at the same time. It pretty well always works perfectly well.

Pros

It does everything that the more expensive programs do, and it works very well. I can have as many concurrent connections open as I need to which I often do.

Cons

Honestly, trying to say the name so that people understand it is the most difficult part.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Price, previous experience, unlimited concurrent connections

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

Our TeamViewer subscription had expired and I had used the full version of splashtop previously, and was always very happy with the product, and the low price of the ad hoc version made it a no-brainer

Heidi from QC Software

Great Product for a Great Price!

We have not had to use Support, which says something about the product.

Pros

This product is very easy for our teams to use. It helps us tremendously when our clients do not allow us to RDP into their site. One thing I like about Splashtop that you don't have with some of the other products is the ability to transfer files. This is really important when we are doing an installation and don't have direct access to the server or workstation. The product is also a very good price compared to other products.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

We already had Web Meeting, which Sales still uses. We needed more licenses and so we started looking for a product that would allow us to transfer files that was reasonably priced. Splashtop is a great fit for what we need.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

We needed the ability to transfer files.

Brian from PomfretWeb

Great price to feature ratio. Fantastic sales and support experience.

Pros

Feature parity is about on par with TeamViewer, with a much better price point. Splashtop is fast and just works. Customer service and support is top notch with a fast response time to requests (I received a non-support related response on a Sunday). There was a 20% pricing discount when we signed up, saving us around 40% over TeamViewer. Even at full price, Splastop is still cheaper than TeamViewer.

Cons

There's a few minor issues I've run into, but nothing to really complain about. My biggest complaint is the SOS client seems to take longer to startup and display a support code on remote devices, when compared to TeamViewer QuickSupport. Again, minor issue as it's maybe 20-30 seconds or so. Deploying a customized SOS agent is a manual process, but I received my agent software on the same day as my request (on a weekend too). Lastly, when Splashtop is configured to remove the background (wallpaper / picture) on the remote device you're connecting to, it tends to leave the background blank when you disconnect. I don't find it to be that much of a performance impact, so we simply leave the option to remove the remote device background disabled.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

We switched from TeamViewer to Splashtop for on-demand support, as well as unattended device monitoring, saving money without losing features.

Michael from The Crossroads Inc

Industry: Mental Health Care

Everything you want, but not too much

Pros

Great for supporting customers on almost any platform. Full access to computer including ability to log on as user or admin. Pricing model of per technician rather than per machine makes this product very attractive. Rock solid stable too.

Cons

SOS product does exactly what I needed. Occasional unattended support on a lot of computers, on almost every OS platform. There are things this product doesn't do, so you may need the enterprise product, but this product gives you a lot of bang for the buck.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Pricing model of per technician, and the price. Still does everything I need.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

Pricing model of per technician, and the price. Still does everything I need.

Don from Communique Sales Co.

Excellent alternative for Logmein Central Users

Much less overall cost (by 2/3) from old remote solution.

Pros

Easy of transition from old vendor. Superior functionality.

Cons

Not being able to switch focus of screen from remote PC/MAC to my PC for training an end user by having them be able to see my PC desktop and apps.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Best overall experience with trialing a new vendor in 10 years.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

Much lowers cost - and rising each year (Splashtop is 1/3 the cost per year)

Francis from VBI Technical Services - Mac Service

Splashtop SOS

Pros

I use it to support of clients workstations and phones, it's easy to use and also for my clients to setup.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a voice chat option

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

The annual cost was very reasonable and it supported Mac OS versions as old as 10.7.

Response from Splashtop

Replied June 2020

Hi Francis, Thank you for the rating and feedback. It's nice to hear how we are helping you with your business. Regarding your comment, we really appreciate it. I have uploaded your suggestion to our system for the feasibility evaluation. Thanks again for choosing Splashtop! Sincerely, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Gregory from Computer Assist

Industry: Information Services

Daily use for IT Support - Almost flawless

My overall experience with Splashtop is great. If I send them a question, which is rare due to the simplicity of the software, they answer very quickly. I have even called and gotten to talk to a real person that knows what they are talking about.

Pros

I have an advanced account, which means I can let my clients setup a free Splashtop account, then I can give them access to their specific computer for their own home acess. I have used this for over 40 computers and users during the pandemic, and it has been one of the best things I have ever used. These people have multiple monitors at work, and I setup their home computers to match, so they can actually use a 3 monitor system at home that mirrors their work computers. And....I can remote their computers at the same time that they are if they need help, and they can see what I am showing them. I can also do random drop ins and see what they are doing, if they are working, etc. I can split up by different clients and the user interface to do this is simple. I will definitely be using this software for years to come if they don't update it and mess me up. The SOS will let me see iPad and iPhone screens and talk on the phone with the users to help them get through problems on their devices. Pretty simple.

Cons

What I like least is the fact that Apple will not let Splashtop SOS control and iPad or iPhone instead of just seeing what the user is doing.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Pricing, simplicity of deployment for different customers. Isolating customers and users by groups. Not having to have a password key app to even access the software. Splashtop uses 2 layer authentication and it is fine, as I get an email of every connection, I get logs of when the software is used, everything I need to complete my audits.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

I used Logmein for years, but every year they would increase their price to the point that it wasn't feasible to keep using their product. I am so glad I switched, as I don't know how I could have offered the service to my customers during the pandemic that I offered with Splashtop, Logmein just would not do what Splashtop does

Dan from Dans PC Repair LLC

This is everything I need in a remote assistance application.

Support has been phenomenal. I talk and they listen. They even implemented a suggestion I had which made Splashtop a more competitive product and it has eliminated the last of my frustrations with the product. They really do listen and the response time is reasonably short. I'd like to tell you about the response time when I have a real problem but I have never had any.

Pros

I can drag and drop files from my desktop to the client's; It is easy for the client to install and use, the client's agent is quite small; Video update time is subjectively short; I frequently do not remember there is a short lag between what happens on the client's computer and when I see the change on my screen. I can see the client's mouse pointer on my screen. This makes it so much easier for the client to explain to me what is happening on their computer. (It is an option, you have to select it.) I can arrange an unattended connection to the client's computer. Some of my clients prefer this.

Cons

My version has a limited number of unattended connections. I don't need an unlimited supply but I do need more than 10.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

While LogMeIn Rescue offered me far more features, real features and not just marketing niceties, I didn't need those features but I was paying for them. Splashtop is less expensive and gives me exactly what I need.

Cost versus benefits.

Mark from DataTech Corp

Great Remote Support Product

Overall, we've been satisfied. It works, it doesn't go down.

Pros

Splashtop was a replacement to us, for LogMeIn (LMI), which had gotten to be price-EXhorbitant over the years! The cost/user's desktop experience was much more manageable, and, therefore, justifiable with Splashtop, versus LMI, and a bunch of competitors...more "bang for the buck" so to speak.

Cons

The SOS costs could be lower...and, the ability to use, say, a "Zoom Meeting" type experience (say, a broadcasted support/training session) should be a standard part of the software! We've been pushing for this, since LMI and GoToMeeting both offered this very important feature!

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Strict review and testing, combined with Industry and peer reviews, of the product!

COST!!!

Jay from Red Dog Tech

Splashtop Just Works!

The SOS Software has made on demand support with client easy. I give them the website to go to and generate an access number, they tell it to the tech and hit enter and remote directly into SOS. Fill the gap from our service contract customers and our new customers.

Pros

I have been a long time client of Splashtop close to the beginning before anyone knew of it. I like the ease of use, it just works like the other products. It lets me connect to new and one time customers easily cutting down on travel .

Cons

I have the streamer product and was a little reserved about adding SOS because of cost as I'm a one person shop. If were to have a branded connection would be cool or a link on my website with a branded page. Otherwise I have not had a problem with people finding the correct website and login in. it's been fairly easy for them.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Being a long time client with Splashtop I have been on my first contract...so when I needed to add a user to my contract I didn't fit the new contract. The powers that be recognized me as a long term client (small) and adjusted it for my business. These days finding loyalty is rare! Having Splashtop as a business partner has been great, I would not look anywhere else for this type of product!

Response from Splashtop

Replied June 2020

Hi Jay, Thank you for being a Splashtoper since 2014. For the custom branding feature, it's now available on all SOS subscriptions. If you would like to pro-grade, our entire team is at your disposal. Thanks again for being our customer! Sincerely, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Michael from The Holvan Group

Easy solution for Mobile Device Support

Pros

Splashtop was very simple to implement into all of our mobile devices. It is very simple for our users to get remote support.

Cons

There is nothing that I can say that I least like about the software.

Daryl from Empire Constructions Victoria Pty Ltd

The best bang for your buck

We have solved numerous issues such as on site printer issues, upgrades etc.

Pros

This software is able to do everything TeamViewer could do but for a quarter of the price. Our IT department love the software and have already told friends and family to jump on board.

Cons

That you can not take full control of a mobile device from a desktop admin.

Cost

Caleb from Strobel Energy Group

Splashtop makes a SPLASH!

Using it currently as an alternative to our primary remoting tool.

Pros

Easy to install as a silent installer and run in the background of the computer. Works perfect as a backup software to our primary remoting tool.

Cons

Misses some useful tools that other remoting and RMM software has. File transfer is buggy at best and there is not a drag and drop software either.

Heidi from Cambridge Computer

Great tool for remote access

We use this to troubleshoot end-users' laptops when they are working remotely.

Pros

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about this tool. It is a lightweight remote access tool that works as advertised. No complaints.

Cost.

Brian from ALF

LogMeIn capabilities at a lower cost

Have not needed to use support, software is easy to implement.

Pros

Provides a dashboard (Business App) that shows all computers. Easy to rename, access, and gives options for reboots remotely. Good picture quality depending on ISP speeds. Allows file transfers both ways, shows dual monitors.

Cons

It can get expensive but is much cheaper than LogMeIn.

Michael from MVP Group International

One of the better products out there.

We have a lot of remote users that use Teams and Skype. Those are great for easy problems, but when issues need admin privileges, you need something else. We tried a lot of different ones before we made a decision. Splashtop SOS gives all the bells and whistles and more at a great price. The three big things we need are, admin privileges, file transfer, and multiple monitors. This gives us those items and more. Not only does it allow you to switch between monitors, you can drag the multiple monitors across your screens to see it the way the user on the other end sees them as well. Great product.

Pros

It has all of the features of some of the more expensive competitors, but at a much lower price. It is very easy to use and deploy.

Cons

As of right now there is not really anything not to like about this software.

Milo from TeleSage, Inc.

Easy to install and reliable

We use Splashtop Business and Splashtop SOS daily for work and for supporting our production servers and those of our software customers. It has been super reliable, MUCH easier to deploy than GoToMyPC, and cost is reasonable.

Pros

It took almost no effort at all to get a customer connected via this software. Instructions to the customer were one sentence: "Go to and tell me the number." Performance is fast - no noticeable latency.

Cons

File transfer is not drag and drop - you need to click a file-transfer button and then browse to your files.

Drew from Industrial Appraisal Company

Excellent!

Pros

Simple to use, easy to direct someone to the site to get a download, or email them a link.

Cons

Occasionally on a bad connection, it will freeze up, but that is hardly the fault of the software.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

Splashtop had the same features at a much lower price and it is so easy to get set up.

John from Lorens Tech Solutions

A Cost Effective alternative to TeamViewer

I called On-Demand support when I had some initial questions about the Tool and these were quickly addressed in detail. They even followed up to make sure that I was satisfied and all my issues were resolved.

Pros

Very easy to use, has all the features that I need to remotely access and address other computers. This is a cost effective alternative to Team Viewer program for engineers like myself who do not use such a tool on a regular basis to warrant the purchase of Team Viewer. I am most pleased with the initial customer support that quick addressed my questions. I would recommend it to others.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Yes, I was convinced that Splashtop was the right tool based on their timely On-Demand Support

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

TeamViewer was too costly for my occasional needs

David from Drumco Energie

Industry: Machinery

As good as it gets

It was easy to install and to use. No learning curve.Better visdeo quality than Teamviewer.

Pros

This product is easy tu use and easy for clients and technicians to install the software on their PC so I can connect. Never disconnects. Video quality is very good.

Cons

Nothing, really Works fine for me. I haven't run into any problems.

Chris from Principal PC Consulting, LLC

Splashtop the best bang for your buck!

Remote support to clients to save money on going onsite.

Pros

Cons

Currently, It works well for my company and has had no issues.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Pricing and it was part of the Atera suite.

Nathan from Therapractic Management Systems

Complete mobility and control

Pros

I can get to any of our work computers from anywhere! Remote work has never been so easy!

Cons

Sometimes, depending on connection, the remote session is dropped.

Clint from KSSCO

Great for small business

Tech support team uses daily to provide support to clients. It is easy for our clients to set up and get help quickly. Great value compared to the much more expensive options.

Pros

Cons

Can have some troubles moving files between computers etc.

Shon from Smart Fill

Industry: Wholesale

It just works, and then some

Pros

The exe is simple to deploy, just copy it to the public documents folder on a Windows machine and put a shortcut to it in the public desktop folder. Easy access for any user.

Cons

None to date, the software just works pure and simple.

Owen from Valley IT Support, Inc

Splashtop Vs LogMeIn Rescue

I first received a free one year trial version when attending SpiceWorld in 2018 and saw the value when i used it to support phones. So the next year purchased a license

Pros

Price and it works on phones Easy to talk end users through agent install

Cons

At this time I have not come across anything I dislike

Phone access

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

I do not need this type of product often because all new clients get my remote access tool installed but added feature of connecting to a phone made me switch

Ryan from National Salvage and Service Corp

It just works

Ease of use is great. Love it's integration with Atera

Pros

I like having the ability to connect to remote workstations via Atera or as a standalone app using Splashtop Business. It just works and I have had no issue whatsoever with it.

Cons

It would be great if there was a way to be able to see two screens at once if the user is running multiple monitors.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

It came integrated with our MDM and we couldn't be happier with it!

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

Teamviewer is very picky about what version both computers are running. It also takes longer to download/install. They also hit you up with junk popup windows when installing. Lame

Les from Medical AR Management Services, LLC

Best Remote Support Software I've Ever Used

Pros

The software is easy to use for the tech and the support client.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I don't like about it.

David from Dyvad

Splashtop is great!

Good

Pros

Ease of deploying , ease of use and speed of program

Cons

Not as mature as other but overall great.

Brad from RoadWarrior Software

Great Product at a Great Price

Pros

Splashtop is so easy for our non-tech customer to set up. We can access their computers to install our software and give them training without needing to talk them through installation.

Cons

Occasionally we need to bring on a service rep to help diagnose problems. Would be nice if more than one of us to be able to use the same license at the same time on the same remote computer.

Ease of use and price

Ease of use and price

Jake from Fertile Minds

Switched from Teamviewer and not going back

Splashtop has an extremely helpful sales and support staff.

Pros

Splashtop has the most features for the money compared to any of its competitors. Customer service is excellent and product far exceeded expectations.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything I don't like about Splashtop

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

Splashtop offered many of the same features as Teamviewer at a fraction of the cost.

Wim from Omnitek BVBA

Industry: Machinery

Best Alternative

Does what is needs to do

Pros

This is the first teamviewer alternative that works like expected! Pricing is much better for non-frequent users.

Cons

Everything is fine. There was a small problem installing, but Customer support helped me immediately.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

Teamviewer is to expensive an not compatible inbetween versions.

Great value for remote support

It's made remote support easy for us and our customers.

Pros

The price and performance. It's allowed my small company to offer remote support services at a reasonable price.

Cons

Nothing yet. It's working exactly as advertised.

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Best price with all the features we needed and easy to use.

Cost

Bill from Scobie.Net

Splashtop SOS review

Pros

Easy to get going for my clients, and appreciate their animated guidance for macOS users to enable first time use of Splashtop SOS.

Cons

Would love even easier macOS first time use, but understand that is a limitation imposed by Apple.

Shawn from SE Micro LLC

Great Choice

I help many customers with easy to high complex problems remotely (& onsite).

Pros

Quick install & bypasses other blocking software.

Cons

Original cost was more than I was expecting.

Cost less

Response from Splashtop

Replied June 2020

Hi Shawn, Thanks for the rating and review. Our goal is to provide the simplest and fastest remote access and remote support solution at an extremely affordable price, with consistent pricing and business practices. For the cost comment, do you have related example of similar product? It's always great to know and learn from the market! Thanks again for choosing Splashtop and looking forward to hearing from you soon! Regards, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Christopher from Cursed Network Corporation

Industry: Computer Networking

Great way to support Mac users

Pros

SOS is quite easy to walk a user through to get a remote session started. Good speed and desktop scaling is excellent.

Cons

The mobile app is crude but effective. Definitely could use more massaging.

Response from Splashtop

Replied June 2020

Hi Christopher, Thank you for the feedback. For your mobile app comment, would you mind helping us by briefing more about your thought? Please contact us at customer-success@splashtop.com Thanks again for being our custoemer and looking forward to hearing from you soon! Regards, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Nick from VidCruiter Inc.

Great product

Pros

File sharing and remote control are what I use the most

Cons

Ask to create a group when setting up a new deployment type

Geoff from EasyMac411

I love SplashTop!

Pros

This software is so easy to use. My clients love it. I was using another product and it was three times as much. This is so economical that I recommend it to everyone I know.

Cons

I am happy with everything about the product.

Reasons for Switching to Splashtop SOS

The cost, ease of use and features.

John from JV Host & Design

Well worth the money

Pros

It simply works (and well). It's nice to be able to also support on any smart phone.

Cons

There is nothing I've found yet that I don't like.

Price

John from JAVA

Splashtop on demand

Able to easily install software updates and trouble shoot and fix issues

Pros

Extremely reliable, secure and easy to use for both remote support unit and remote client

Cons

I have not encountered any disappointing features

Reasons for Choosing Splashtop SOS

Reliability, support, ease of use and pricing