Splashtop SOS Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

• icon"SOS is quite easy to walk a user through to get a remote session started. Good speed and desktop scaling is excellent."
  • icon"Extremely reliable, secure and easy to use for both remote support unit and remote client."
  • icon"Easy to get going for my clients, and appreciate their animated guidance for macOS users to enable first time use of Splashtop SOS."
  • icon"My version has a limited number of unattended connections. I don't need an unlimited supply but I do need more than 10."
  • icon"Nothing, really Works fine for me. I haven't run into any problems."
  • icon"Lastly, when Splashtop is configured to remove the background (wallpaper / picture) on the remote device you're connecting to, it tends to leave the background blank when you disconnect."

Browse all Splashtop SOS Reviews

• Have you used Splashtop SOS and would like to share your experience with others?

Matt

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

The solution we were looking for.

Miguel

Using Splashtop during pandemic

During the pandemic lock-down, our IT department had to continue provide technical support to students and faculty who continue having their classes online, this tool arrived on time.

Pros

Providing support to users who uses Windows based computers is straight forward. End users that never used Splashtop before did not have any problems sending us the 9-digit code in a short time. What helps is that the remote software is not heavy and the UI is easy to understand.

Cons

Sometimes I find myself using a Linux based computer and need to provide remote help, sadly I could not find a Linux version for the agent side.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

Splashtop is affordable, other products may have voice communication and other features that could make the software bigger and expensive, however, in our setup we do not need those extra features.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Miguel, Thank you for the rating and review. Our goal is to provide the simplest and fastest remote access and remote support solution at an extremely affordable price. A good news to share with you that we do support Linux. Here's the link for your reference: https://www.splashtop.com/downloads#sos If you need any further assistance, please contact us at customer-success@splashtop.com. Our entire team is at your disposal. Sincerely, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Replied June 2020

Todd

Excellent and appropriately priced alternative to the overpriced competing products

I started using it since Splashtop was included with my Atera MSP solution and was amazed by the quality of the product and connections. It made sense to dump my much more expensive subscription Teamviewer product for Splashtop SOS. It does everything I need without breaking the bank. Some of my colleague's have been on Splashtop for years and love it too.

Pros

Very easy to use and deploy. Has all the features I could possibly need and then some. I've had other competing subscription products that just kept increasing in cost. Splashtop I think is perfectly priced and excellent quality. Having the ability to view and remote assist a mobile phone user included is a real value add for my clients.

Cons

Ive never really had any major issues while using the product. I wish the on demand SOS download through Splashtop's site could be custom branded instead of having to host and deploy a branded SOS on my own. Other than that can't think of anything else to gripe on. Keep up the excellent work guys!

Reasons for switching to Splashtop SOS

It was a apples to apples switch for me. I don't feel like I gave up anything other than the extra money falling out of my wallet each year. Feels nice to not be taken advantage of with price hikes every year or two and not have much extra to show for it. Splashtop is a properly priced and excellent quality product.

Luca

October 2022

Splashtop SoS remote support tool

Splashtop Sos was really easy to setup and integrate in the production scenario.

Pros

Splashot Sos was simple but powerful tool for remote support activities.

Cons

Difficulty on the integration with Microsoft tools, like Active Directoty and Microsoft Teams. Furthermore there no tools available from a simple migration from different Support software.

Reduce operational costs

Aret

Great products, great support!!

Great product. Great support. No reason to look elsewhere for similar products. This product does it all and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use. Company support always available. Love the product.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like. Everything works perfectly.

Price and product quality

Price and product quality

Scott

Industry: Printing

Splashtop

My overall experience with their free trial was not a good one. Not easy to use and support was not very helpful. Also just installing the software did not remove everything. But I found out where to do that from others online not the Splashtop people.

Pros

I can't say there was anything I liked about this software. The software was not easy to use and came with a few hicupps.

Cons

This software I installed the trial and had issues with it from the start. I tried support and it took a while for them to get back to me so I eventually went on to another software that turned out great.

Danny

Great, full featured remote tool

I do technical support, and training for users on a daily basis. I'm often connected to multiple computers at the same time. It pretty well always works perfectly well.

Pros

It does everything that the more expensive programs do, and it works very well. I can have as many concurrent connections open as I need to which I often do.

Cons

Honestly, trying to say the name so that people understand it is the most difficult part.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

Price, previous experience, unlimited concurrent connections

Reasons for switching to Splashtop SOS

Our TeamViewer subscription had expired and I had used the full version of splashtop previously, and was always very happy with the product, and the low price of the ad hoc version made it a no-brainer

Heidi

Great Product for a Great Price!

We have not had to use Support, which says something about the product.

Pros

This product is very easy for our teams to use. It helps us tremendously when our clients do not allow us to RDP into their site. One thing I like about Splashtop that you don't have with some of the other products is the ability to transfer files. This is really important when we are doing an installation and don't have direct access to the server or workstation. The product is also a very good price compared to other products.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons at this time.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

We already had Web Meeting, which Sales still uses. We needed more licenses and so we started looking for a product that would allow us to transfer files that was reasonably priced. Splashtop is a great fit for what we need.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop SOS

We needed the ability to transfer files.

Brian

Great price to feature ratio. Fantastic sales and support experience.

Pros

Feature parity is about on par with TeamViewer, with a much better price point. Splashtop is fast and just works. Customer service and support is top notch with a fast response time to requests (I received a non-support related response on a Sunday). There was a 20% pricing discount when we signed up, saving us around 40% over TeamViewer. Even at full price, Splastop is still cheaper than TeamViewer.

Cons

There's a few minor issues I've run into, but nothing to really complain about. My biggest complaint is the SOS client seems to take longer to startup and display a support code on remote devices, when compared to TeamViewer QuickSupport. Again, minor issue as it's maybe 20-30 seconds or so. Deploying a customized SOS agent is a manual process, but I received my agent software on the same day as my request (on a weekend too). Lastly, when Splashtop is configured to remove the background (wallpaper / picture) on the remote device you're connecting to, it tends to leave the background blank when you disconnect. I don't find it to be that much of a performance impact, so we simply leave the option to remove the remote device background disabled.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop SOS

We switched from TeamViewer to Splashtop for on-demand support, as well as unattended device monitoring, saving money without losing features.

Ramy

June 2022

Great remote software

Great software that helped us improve our service and support quality. Easy for customers and techs to use

Pros

Very east to install and lunch. Fast connection with no delay. Full control on device. Chat box with customer. Join session with code. Access mobile devices as well.

Cons

Chat history disappear after restart. It doesnt reconnect automatically after restart. Admin console can be upgraded to include more reports

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

Price, overall features and adjustable configuration on software

Reasons for switching to Splashtop SOS

Price was a major thing that we switched for.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Everything you want, but not too much

Pros

Great for supporting customers on almost any platform. Full access to computer including ability to log on as user or admin. Pricing model of per technician rather than per machine makes this product very attractive. Rock solid stable too.

Cons

SOS product does exactly what I needed. Occasional unattended support on a lot of computers, on almost every OS platform. There are things this product doesn't do, so you may need the enterprise product, but this product gives you a lot of bang for the buck.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

Pricing model of per technician, and the price. Still does everything I need.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop SOS

Pricing model of per technician, and the price. Still does everything I need.

November 2022

Affordable Remote Support

Pros

The ease of use for clients is great! When the customer is already frustrated with a technical issue, the last thing they want is to struggle with complicated remote support software. Quick and easy download / install allows us to connect to the customer within 1-2 minutes.

Cons

We haven't come across anything we do not like about this software. We run multiple trials, tests, and purchased the product to deploy for customer support and it always delivers.

April 2022

Splashtop for the win!

Very positive experience. I use it very frequently and rely on it for my business. Never needed tech support but business support has been excellent.

Pros

Splashtop Business aka Splashtop SOS does exactly what it says it will. Supported our entire community during lockdown and enabled free licenses. So easy to get users to sos.spalshtop.com with an autodownload and no install, just run it (unless you're a Mac user but thats Macs over zealous, hard to fathom security locks).

Cons

does lack the ability to get a transcript which would be useful, unless I missed it somehere in the UI.

It just works.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop SOS

Teamviewer I deemed to have unfair contract terms and lacked any care for clients when I requested help. Point blank refused.

Gregory

Industry: Information Services

Daily use for IT Support - Almost flawless

My overall experience with Splashtop is great. If I send them a question, which is rare due to the simplicity of the software, they answer very quickly. I have even called and gotten to talk to a real person that knows what they are talking about.

Pros

I have an advanced account, which means I can let my clients setup a free Splashtop account, then I can give them access to their specific computer for their own home acess. I have used this for over 40 computers and users during the pandemic, and it has been one of the best things I have ever used. These people have multiple monitors at work, and I setup their home computers to match, so they can actually use a 3 monitor system at home that mirrors their work computers. And....I can remote their computers at the same time that they are if they need help, and they can see what I am showing them. I can also do random drop ins and see what they are doing, if they are working, etc. I can split up by different clients and the user interface to do this is simple. I will definitely be using this software for years to come if they don't update it and mess me up. The SOS will let me see iPad and iPhone screens and talk on the phone with the users to help them get through problems on their devices. Pretty simple.

Cons

What I like least is the fact that Apple will not let Splashtop SOS control and iPad or iPhone instead of just seeing what the user is doing.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

Pricing, simplicity of deployment for different customers. Isolating customers and users by groups. Not having to have a password key app to even access the software. Splashtop uses 2 layer authentication and it is fine, as I get an email of every connection, I get logs of when the software is used, everything I need to complete my audits.

Reasons for switching to Splashtop SOS

I used Logmein for years, but every year they would increase their price to the point that it wasn't feasible to keep using their product. I am so glad I switched, as I don't know how I could have offered the service to my customers during the pandemic that I offered with Splashtop, Logmein just would not do what Splashtop does

Dan

This is everything I need in a remote assistance application.

Support has been phenomenal. I talk and they listen. They even implemented a suggestion I had which made Splashtop a more competitive product and it has eliminated the last of my frustrations with the product. They really do listen and the response time is reasonably short. I'd like to tell you about the response time when I have a real problem but I have never had any.

Pros

I can drag and drop files from my desktop to the client's; It is easy for the client to install and use, the client's agent is quite small; Video update time is subjectively short; I frequently do not remember there is a short lag between what happens on the client's computer and when I see the change on my screen. I can see the client's mouse pointer on my screen. This makes it so much easier for the client to explain to me what is happening on their computer. (It is an option, you have to select it.) I can arrange an unattended connection to the client's computer. Some of my clients prefer this.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

While LogMeIn Rescue offered me far more features, real features and not just marketing niceties, I didn't need those features but I was paying for them. Splashtop is less expensive and gives me exactly what I need.

Cost versus benefits.

June 2022

A Top-Notch Remote Support Solution

Pros

I've used numerous remote solutions thru the years, however Splashtop has been a delight to use without breaking the bank! The solution does everything I need without over-complicating the setup process or being intrusive to my end users.

Cons

I would LOVE to see the ability to adjust the settings of a deployment package without having to create a new package and reinstall.

Great Remote Support Product

Overall, we've been satisfied. It works, it doesn't go down.

Pros

Splashtop was a replacement to us, for LogMeIn (LMI), which had gotten to be price-EXhorbitant over the years! The cost/user's desktop experience was much more manageable, and, therefore, justifiable with Splashtop, versus LMI, and a bunch of competitors...more "bang for the buck" so to speak.

Cons

The SOS costs could be lower...and, the ability to use, say, a "Zoom Meeting" type experience (say, a broadcasted support/training session) should be a standard part of the software! We've been pushing for this, since LMI and GoToMeeting both offered this very important feature!

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

Strict review and testing, combined with Industry and peer reviews, of the product!

COST!!!

Jay

Splashtop Just Works!

The SOS Software has made on demand support with client easy. I give them the website to go to and generate an access number, they tell it to the tech and hit enter and remote directly into SOS. Fill the gap from our service contract customers and our new customers.

Pros

I have been a long time client of Splashtop close to the beginning before anyone knew of it. I like the ease of use, it just works like the other products. It lets me connect to new and one time customers easily cutting down on travel .

Cons

I have the streamer product and was a little reserved about adding SOS because of cost as I'm a one person shop. If were to have a branded connection would be cool or a link on my website with a branded page. Otherwise I have not had a problem with people finding the correct website and login in. it's been fairly easy for them.

Reasons for choosing Splashtop SOS

Being a long time client with Splashtop I have been on my first contract...so when I needed to add a user to my contract I didn't fit the new contract. The powers that be recognized me as a long term client (small) and adjusted it for my business. These days finding loyalty is rare! Having Splashtop as a business partner has been great, I would not look anywhere else for this type of product!

Response from Splashtop

Hi Jay, Thank you for being a Splashtoper since 2014. For the custom branding feature, it's now available on all SOS subscriptions. If you would like to pro-grade, our entire team is at your disposal. Thanks again for being our customer! Sincerely, Antonia Wang Splashtop Customer Success team

Replied June 2020