• icon"VNC is barebones but does the basics well. If all you're needing is a quick way to manage remote machines visually, you're good to go with VNC."
  • icon"The software is EXTREMELY easy to use. When the user starts the software, they will see a sic digit key which they give to the administrator who can remote in."
  • icon"The software was good and had an easy time of connecting to my headless servers. The iOS app made it easy to connect from anywhere if I needed to quickly restart a service or something easy."
  • icon"Problems can occur when trying to connect using a local server, But referring documentation and discussion forums can solve the problem. If disconnects auto connects to the network."
  • icon"The password/account system is clunky and frustrating. Too many passwords are needed when trying to access machines."
  • icon"Sometimes there was a lag of a few seconds when working remotely and it was a little bit of annoying."

All VNC Connect Reviews

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Long-term success

Rodrigo

Great tool for intranet

We stopped actively using Real VNC for years, due to cloud limitations, but about 1-2 year ago we started using it again from the Raspberry PI and some Virtual Mac OS services. For use on the intranet it remains as good as ever: you access the remote computer, manipulate data, screens and functions, quick and easy, which makes it unnecessary to have a monitor connected to the development boards. I currently use TeamViewer, but since I found RealVNC's cloud plans I am seriously considering switching to RealVNC cloud for the next renewal, next year.

Pros

The diversity of VNC servers, the fact that it comes integrated in equipment or operating systems, for example Raspberry PI OS. The fact that you can do many things virtually without spending, or spending zero, depending on what you want to do. The fact that you have a serious business-level tool for when you need it. This brings flexibility in use.

Cons

In general, VNC is not transparent to the firewall, requiring port release and NAT route configuration. In Real VNC you have the option of a cloud plan, which circumvents this limitation, but it is still a little expensive for a micro company with eventual use.

Reasons for choosing VNC Connect

There are many options, but remote access depends a lot on the type of task you want to solve. For example, we use TeamViewer for customer support, but the new RealVNC cloud has similar functionality, possibly we will adopt it next year. For other intranet tasks, we always use VNC for embedded or free options - as they are occasional non-commercial uses. For access to various services provided on virtual machines, such as Mac Virtual or Cloud VM, VNC is an essential tool already provided with these services. This ubiquity of VNC is an enormous weight in decisions whenever we start a project that demands this type of service, precisely because it becomes familiar to our users and collaborators. Important points in our decisions about this: speed and stability, in RealVNC and VNC in general it is constant and depends more on your hardware and network configurations. Other services that we have tested and considered in general have a huge latency and slowness problem. As I mentioned, for us RealVNC only has one serious competitor (considering resources vs stability vs cost).

Mudssar

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Remote access for PCs Via VNC

Remotely access for PCs do save travelling and incoporate work from home, it saves costs as well for travelling and office expenditures. We set a sperate system to boot a PC via mobile, it was not pre builtin in it. it is good for IT users to support whereas we also used for our outdoor job peopls aswell from home support to avoid data sharing and other security matters. Finally it is meeting our expectation with some our additional work.

Pros

VNC connects other computers to perform a task remotely, they can be connected on lan via a local server and also can be configured on internet using VNC's server, So viewer and service both are seprate. Access between computers can be made with and with out passwors, so its a completely secured to prevent unauthorized access, using OS login crednetials security feature is also optional and secured. File sharing,chatting, key stroke notification sounds good. On viewer multi users can be accessed,moniotered and also can be worked on them accordingly.

Cons

High internet speed is required for smooothly work, as now a days dual security check is used in most softwares so it is not available in VNC. In viewer devices shoud be saved by MAC or IP to access, which is currently not available in VNC, Configuration for boot over LAN is not available in VNC.

Reasons for switching to VNC Connect

It support both local and internet access, reliable than previous.

November 2022

très pratique

Pros

la simplicité de l'interface ! et le déploiement assez facile

Cons

il faut passer sur une version payante pour vraiment avoir l'ensemble des fonctions

Reasons for switching to VNC Connect

plus simple, moins de contrainte de paramètrage

Sergio R

Industry: Online Media

Nice to have

Remote Technical support

Pros

Multiple screen sharing feature works fine.

Cons

Remote desktop sharing is slow and freezes sometimes.

February 2022

Good tool to connect to remote servers

Pros

Helps to connect to remote servers and helps to run simulations on those servers.

Cons

Crashes at times and also gets frozen. also support for issues can be improved.

Julian

Neither good or bad. Just superseeded by competitors.

I didn't use the latest versions as I switched to one of its competitors long time ago, but from time to time I try to see what comes up. Although one thing I definitely miss is the possibility to connect to your workstation ( or other workstations )wherever you are, without the need to customize your firewall or block/unlock some stuff around. This is definitely something this software would need to improve.

Pros

If you need a software to remotely control your workstation or servers, this fullfil the purpose quite fine. If you use it internally in a corporation and you do not have any firewall rule that blocks you, this works quite immediately.

Cons

This software lacks the possibility to have an account where you tie all your workstations you want to access. Say you use it in a family and you want to connect to your parents PC, or your brother and sister's one. Well, this makes it complicated as you would need to store this somewhere else. This could be definitely something to be improved.

Reasons for switching to VNC Connect

The overall quality of the product, the fact that is immediate to be used and very comfortable to ask someone who is not very skilled with PC or technology in general, to get started with remote support.

Michelangelo

August 2022

It works well but is not suitable for those who are not a PC genius

A software created on business needs without looking, even by mistake, at the UI or UX, at the precautions to make this software understandable, as everyone else has done: from Teamviewer to Ultraviewer to Anydesk. Removed this works really well.

Pros

Once set it is a bomb, it allows you to connect to your PC in a moment and for free from dozens of different devices. In terms of functionality we are talking about a software very similar to the competitor Teamviewer. Really great experience once every detail is set.

Cons

Are you not a PC genius? This program is evil. It is true that once set it is fine but you must, in fact, first set it. You must first understand that they are two different software, one for the "input" signal and one for "output", that the PC has a password that is not the same as the account and is not that of the PC, that often the software goes into logout and does not work. It is a nightmare objectively. You open it with the fear that it won't work.

Reasons for choosing VNC Connect

Because it was the more stable. Now I use Anydesk.

Reasons for switching to VNC Connect

It was too much expensive

Raúl

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The best way to support

Very satisfied with this way to support.

Pros

the possibility of supporting multiple devices with guarantees

Cons

when to connection isn't to strong makes some delays and desconections

Reasons for switching to VNC Connect

The instalation it's lighter and easier.

Tom

Industry: Consumer Electronics

October 2022

Performs the advertised functions (mostly) very well

Overall VNC Connect is an excellent piece of software for the price point, it enables us to assist customers and our own staff without needing resource in the local area.

Pros

It's relatively easy to setup, it enables us to perform tasks remotely, access using iOS app is great, and as long as your internet connection is good it is very responsive.

Cons

Most of the pros are also the cons, whilst it's relatively easy to setup it could be easier, without a good internet connection it can be a little unreliable.

Functionality vs price

Josh

Great product for working from home during the pandemic!

I needed to work from home for a while during the pandemic and this was an awesome way to do that!

Pros

One of the best things is that I can see both screens and work from them just like working at my desk at work. I also love how it will quickly reconnect on startup. I have used this to work remotely and have had no problems. Really no slow downs I can work like I am on the computer.

Cons

The only pain is that I must leave my work computers on at all times to make sure they will connect. There may be something to remotely turn on my computer but nothing with VNC connect.

Reasons for choosing VNC Connect

I use teamviewer still for other things like quickly fixing my mom's remote computer, but VNC works better for actual remote work.

VNC remote support

Pros

Consider it was free it is quite capable and allowed us to remotely access the needed systems

Cons

Advanced features like transfer of files to the remote system from the controlling machine were missing or did not work well. The core functionality (remote control, unattended, password protected) however did work without any issues.

Sebastian

Industry: Chemicals

Better than Teamviewer

We're a cosmetical company with some of our sales team is on the road, they need to print their documents locally. We considered that the easiest way is to use VNC connect because it makes the printing possible for a very low price. The customer support is excellent, very fast replying times.

Pros

We use it to access our local PCs and occasionally print documents. We used Teamviewer before but the subscription rates are high compared with RealVNC which officer for about 1/10th of the price the same services. Our non IT pro employee is connecting and using his PC easily. The printing works

Cons

There are no cons that I can imagine regarding of RealVNC, it does it job.

Reasons for choosing VNC Connect

because of the better price, also it works better with special resolutions

Mekala Harinath

November 2022

Great Software for remote access

Pros

I have been using VNC for the past two years. During the pandemic, VNC really helped me a lot to connect to my system at the workplace to run simulations. It is very easy to use and is very stable. I absolutely recommend VNC.

Cons

I have not had any issues with VNC so far.

July 2022

No better VNC software out there, the most stable solution

I've had an absolutely great experience using the software, it's solved the issue of finding a stable VNC solution, and made connecting to my server in a Desktop environment very easy.

Pros

I've been using VNC Connect for over 5 years now due to the stability. No other VNC software which I've used in the past has been nearly as stable. I've had my server up for over 8 months straight and absolutely no stability issues with VNC Connect.

Cons

The only issue I can see with VNC Connect is the amount of technical knowledge needed to get it set up and use it, when I first started using it, it took a bit of time to get used to and learn about all the functions.

Smeetha

VNC connect is my favourite tool to access all my devices remotely

A brilliant experience. When ever I get a new device, one of the first things I do is install VNC connect- from phones to desktops to my Macbook- they can all work seamlessly and I can access each of them regardless of which device I'm currently working on

Pros

I enjoy that after I've set up VNC connect on any of my devices, it is effortless for me to be able to log into that device from my mobile phone and do anything I need to do quickly and effortlessly

Cons

The initial setup process was slightly complex, but I think within an hour anyone can master this. Its easier to set up in comparison to Team Viewer

Reasons for switching to VNC Connect

Teamviewer kept needing to be updated and this became frustrating to use

Christopher

Real time troubleshooting gets real results

VNC Connect has helped us overcome the hurdles we've encountered as more and more people have been remoting from home, more or less blowing up the consistency we strove so hard to achieve within the office with standardized equipment that were all maintained with our one easy-to-deploy image. With VNC, we've been able to better assist with the wide variety of devices people are connecting with from home and have re-achieved some semblance of consistency for our all our users. In addition, our end users have been incredibly greatfull for all the real time assistance we're able to provide.

Pros

I like the ability to join any device, not just a sessions since our agency uses a virtualized desktop resource and many of the problems people report are coming the configuration on the device and not from within their virutalized session.

Cons

Connecting to an end user that is less than tech-savvy can be a bit difficult, especially when they aren't in their expected OS environment. I'm not sure if that's really a fair critique to levy at the program because as soon as you've got the person's IP connecting is totally simple, but it's the only thing I could consider a "con"

October 2022

Herramienta perfecta para conexiones remotas

Pros

Lo que mas me gusta es la facilidad para conectarnos de manera remota con los diferentes equipos del personal.

Cons

No hay nada que nos disguste de este software, nos funciona correctamente

Ts Muhammad Hafiz

September 2022

Live screen sharing during remote desktop troubleshooting

In some cases, the freeware can be use for learning purposes (good for students to explore more on remote sharing/troubleshooting)

Pros

1) It was great product that have ability to remote desktop screen user without interruption user view 2) Once you have successful remote connection, the session will save in your recent activity and if you require to reconnect again with that PC, just click the previous session shortcut 3) It was stable connection without having any issue for disconnection unless if there are network failure during the incident/troubleshooting

Cons

None, it was totally great products for live session remote troubleshooting that has been use in our division

Angus