All VNC Connect Reviews

Fernando

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Very handy!

It improves my ability to help customers when I'm working at my company's helpdesk because sometimes the user cannot explain exactly what is happening, so when you connect to their computer and see what they are doing, you can get the whole picture. It is also handy when I need help from the IT team, to activate a product or solve any computer problem without the need to go in site. Now that we are living in this pandemic hard time, any remote task is even more valuable.

PROS

I like it because it is very easy to use, you don't need much configuration to get it working. It is easy to install and get it running. You can use it to help your customers when they need to share their screens and show you a problem which is hard to explain, but easy to show.

CONS

Sometimes a firewall rule or a VPN is blocking your customer to share a connection with you, making it harder to get in touch and solve any problem. Maybe a wizard to help the user understand in plain english what is happening and then tell you could be better.

Herman

Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

VNC Connect Review

Very good

PROS

Help in remote control of the servers without affecting whats on the diaplay.User friendly with security features

CONS

Some security appliance and firewalls cluster VNC as high risk application and automatically drop connections from the internet

Reason for choosing VNC Connect

fairly priced and i have lots of experince using it

Ryan

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Was Good till there was an issue

I had a paid version and when I went to customer support for an issue/bug they directed me to a web url that I had mentioned in my ticket that I had tried. After that they pretty much said oh well and gave up. After that I knew that this was not the product for me or any of my colleagues

PROS

I liked that I could use both the free and paid on one account. The software was good and had an easy time of connecting to my headless servers. The iOS app made it easy to connect from anywhere if I needed to quickly restart a service or something easy

CONS

There was no file transfer and the customer support was horrific

Pricing was better for VNC

Mohamed

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2023

VNC remote access

with VNC no need to carry with you your computer if you want to access for support some one or solving technical issue with your work you just access from another pc or your phone its easy and useful just make sure your server is ON and accessed to internet

PROS

it can be used from pc or mobile easy to use not complexaccess is fast and better than others

CONS

there is no version for android TV not supported by OTP

Reasons for switching to VNC Connect

VNC is the best; every tool on vnc are useful, other software complicated, also vnc is allow you to access using your email directly no need to use any unique ID

Sebastian

Chemicals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Better than Teamviewer

We're a cosmetical company with some of our sales team is on the road, they need to print their documents locally. We considered that the easiest way is to use VNC connect because it makes the printing possible for a very low price. The customer support is excellent, very fast replying times.

PROS

We use it to access our local PCs and occasionally print documents. We used Teamviewer before but the subscription rates are high compared with RealVNC which officer for about 1/10th of the price the same services. Our non IT pro employee is connecting and using his PC easily. The printing works

CONS

There are no cons that I can imagine regarding of RealVNC, it does it job.

Reason for choosing VNC Connect

because of the better price, also it works better with special resolutions

Dhanwanth

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

VNC Connect: The Reliable Remote Desktop Solution

Overall, VNC Connect is a reliable and feature-rich remote desktop solution that allows users to access and control another computer remotely over the internet. VNC Connect can be a useful tool for businesses and individuals who need to connect to and control remote devices on a regular basis.

PROS

VNC Connect is a reliable and secure remote desktop solution that allows users to access and control another computer remotely over the internet. It supports multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android, making it easy to connect to any device. VNC Connect offers a range of features, including screen sharing, file transfer, and chat, which can be useful for collaborating with team members or providing technical support. The software is user-friendly and easy to set up, with clear instructions and a straightforward interface.

CONS

Sometimes, there were issues with the performance of VNC Connect, including delays or lag when using the software. The security of VNC Connect has been called into question in the past, with some vulnerabilities being discovered in older versions of the software. However, the company has made efforts to improve security in more recent versions.

Md Abdul

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

A great virtual networking software

I just love to use VNC for virtual networking. It's allows me to control my whole office system remotely from my desk. I'm a daily basis user of VNC connect and I know without that I could not complete my task quickly. The most important fact is I managed many hard task using this without physical movement. It is a great virtual networking software for any type of organization. I can recommend this software to any small to large organization, specially for IT Administrator or System Engineer.

PROS

This software is very easy to use and understand. The interface is really simple and good, you can see all the feature together. You can connect a system easily using VNC viewer just providing the server address and a name and it allows to edit the connected system's name any time. VNC Connect consist of two module, one is VNC Server, another VNC Viewer. Using VNC viewer you can control, connect, configure another system remotely. It allows you to connect remotely with multiple system such as laptop, tablet, desktop, and other smart multimedia system. It also provides password protection to prevent unauthorized access. The security features of VNC is very strong.

CONS

Sometimes the viewer may not responsive properly in some different types of devices, the remote screen can broke and not justified or adjusted with your system. It should provide multiple window/screen view system at a same time then you could select any system you want.

nguessan valery

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

An effective tool for remote control

I've been using the free version for a long time. I've connected my 2 mobile phones, my office PC and my home PC to it. Once the account has been created, it's very easy to take control of my devices remotely. The connection is secure and the features are very useful. On top of that, I have full access to my computer, seamlessly. It's a very useful tool

PROS

It's a tool that's fairly easy to use and has lots of interesting features. I've been using the free version for a long time, which allows me to connect 5 devices. Even though it has fewer options than the paid version, it's more than enough for home use. What I like most about it is that it's available on all devices, Mac computers, Windows, Android or iPhone mobiles, and so on. Control is simple and secure. The display of the remote device is fluid and fast and you have total control. I also like the fact that you can chat and transfer files. It's a powerful tool for remote control

CONS

If you don't have an account, you will be redirected to the Realvnc platform to create one. We should think about allowing you to create an account directly from the app

Jim

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

VN-C(see) your desktop

Overall I'm a fan of VNC, it's been my go-to for quite a few years now

PROS

The pro of VNC is the benefit of the mobile app and being able to access your desktop anywhere.The connections is made through your account with VNC, so no complicated/insecure port-forwarding etc. Their servers are used as an intermediary, although I don't know about the security of that process

CONS

Latency can be an issue when using VNC, I wouldn't recommend using it for anything overally visual. So no video/photo editing etc

Mekala Harinath

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Great Software for remote access

PROS

I have been using VNC for the past two years. During the pandemic, VNC really helped me a lot to connect to my system at the workplace to run simulations. It is very easy to use and is very stable. I absolutely recommend VNC.

CONS

I have not had any issues with VNC so far.

Reviewed March 2020

Gets the job done, better alternatives are around.

PROS

VNC is barebones but does the basics well. If all you're needing is a quick way to manage remote machines visually, you're good to go with VNC. Having an iOS app is where VNC shines. Being able to remotely control machines all from an iPhone or iPad on the go is a life saver in so many areas.

CONS

The password/account system is clunky and frustrating. Too many passwords are needed when trying to access machines. If I'm logged into my VNC account, it should be assumed I'm authorised to access my Team machines. The controls available to iPad when using remote machines appear robust but often get in the way, over complicate situations or flat out don't work (Constant sending of the Shift key being held down for instance). VNC could use a fileviewer as Parallels Access employs if I just need to navigate files and deal with them, rather than going through the remote machine's OS/UI.

Marko

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Did it become irrelevant over time?

PROS

Well VNC was one of the first software for remote desktops I ever used. At the time it was revolutionary software. But it lacked additional comforts other similar software brought with time, like having a device management, remote file sharing, chat system,... Everything did get implemented eventually, but by that time people moved to more modern software. Now they are pretty much equivalent, and you go with the one that is cheeper.

CONS

The instant support feature is pretty cool, to transfer sessions between colleagues, it comes in handy.

Zandre

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2021

VNC Remote Access

At my company we use VNC to remotely connect to a server which runs our monitoring in our network operations center. Easy and quick to use and very important with regards to active NMS tracking.

PROS

VNC is generally quick when launching and remote connectivity is set up nearly immediately after launching the app. Pending on your current local and remote internet connection.

CONS

When connecting to a remote server and you have multiple monitors/screens connecting to it, scaling and sizing can be sometime difficult. Especially when multiple Chrome browsers need to be used.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2021

VNC - The Real Viewer

Remote Assisting and Remote controlling made very much more manageable with VNC. Even easy file sharing.

PROS

The small in size installation file for endpoints is very much useful when it comes to deployment in a organization with lot of branch officers.

CONS

When renewing the VNC subscription, we are unable to push it centrally from the server. Instead we have to key in or import the license file from VNC endpoint.

Reason for choosing VNC Connect

All this comes with AES256 encryption for better security.

Raúl

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

The best way to support

Very satisfied with this way to support.

PROS

the possibility of supporting multiple devices with guarantees

CONS

when to connection isn't to strong makes some delays and desconections

Reasons for switching to VNC Connect

The instalation it's lighter and easier.

Ts Muhammad Hafiz

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2022

Live screen sharing during remote desktop troubleshooting

In some cases, the freeware can be use for learning purposes (good for students to explore more on remote sharing/troubleshooting)

PROS

1) It was great product that have ability to remote desktop screen user without interruption user view 2) Once you have successful remote connection, the session will save in your recent activity and if you require to reconnect again with that PC, just click the previous session shortcut 3) It was stable connection without having any issue for disconnection unless if there are network failure during the incident/troubleshooting

CONS

None, it was totally great products for live session remote troubleshooting that has been use in our division

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

No better VNC software out there, the most stable solution

I've had an absolutely great experience using the software, it's solved the issue of finding a stable VNC solution, and made connecting to my server in a Desktop environment very easy.

PROS

I've been using VNC Connect for over 5 years now due to the stability. No other VNC software which I've used in the past has been nearly as stable. I've had my server up for over 8 months straight and absolutely no stability issues with VNC Connect.

CONS

The only issue I can see with VNC Connect is the amount of technical knowledge needed to get it set up and use it, when I first started using it, it took a bit of time to get used to and learn about all the functions.

1 employee

Reviewed November 2018

Every day program

We use this software constantly in school, and its a much better alternative than the old whiteboard and markers, specially since my school is an animation school.

PROS

That you can broadcast to an almost unlimited number of computers and you can decide who sees it or not by stablishing a password. Also, you can send files to the computers that see the broadcast or you can even let those computers control the main one.

CONS

The delay can be sometimes troublesome, specially when playing video or animations