• Pros

• "This software works great, we use it daily and monitor or pack lines with it and are able to ensure production is running smoothly"

• "I like the most on this is the cross platform compatibility. Also compatible to raspberry pi. Very lightweight and easy to install. "

• "Free for home use and super easy to set up. Allows me to control all of my computers from one place without having to move from room to room for troubleshooting, installing applications, etc."

• Cons

• "Though it's excellent in most ways and incredibly simple to use, this an mean it lacks any other features that might be have been nice. Though extra features are not required really."

• "every once in a while, the software does something "amusing". however, all the other software does "amusing" things now and then as well."

• "There is pretty much nothing to say about VNC cons, it is extra light, extra easy to use, simple to set up, i got nothing bad to say about it."

Browse VNC Connect Reviews

Md Abdul from CombineSell Pte. Ltd.

A great virtual networking software

I just love to use VNC for virtual networking. It's allows me to control my whole office system remotely from my desk. I'm a daily basis user of VNC connect and I know without that I could not complete my task quickly. The most important fact is I managed many hard task using this without physical movement. It is a great virtual networking software for any type of organization. I can recommend this software to any small to large organization, specially for IT Administrator or System Engineer.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and understand. The interface is really simple and good, you can see all the feature together. You can connect a system easily using VNC viewer just providing the server address and a name and it allows to edit the connected system's name any time. VNC Connect consist of two module, one is VNC Server, another VNC Viewer. Using VNC viewer you can control, connect, configure another system remotely. It allows you to connect remotely with multiple system such as laptop, tablet, desktop, and other smart multimedia system. It also provides password protection to prevent unauthorized access. The security features of VNC is very strong.

Cons

Sometimes the viewer may not responsive properly in some different types of devices, the remote screen can broke and not justified or adjusted with your system. It should provide multiple window/screen view system at a same time then you could select any system you want.

Remote Access Made "Extra Simple"

I Use it every day, i can remote access every machine on shop floor/production for technical support very easily. My advice is, just try it, you will be surprised with all it can offer.

Pros

This is a perfect powerful tool for instantly remote access, in the company i work we use a lot of Thin Clients in shop floor and the most easy way to remote control them is using VNC. Every time that some colleague calls for support I just need a few clicks and Voil. Other than this, it is cross platform, so if you have linux machines, windows machines, raspberry pi, mac OS with VNC you got it covered.

Sebastian from Art & Craft

Industry: Chemicals

Better than Teamviewer

We're a cosmetical company with some of our sales team is on the road, they need to print their documents locally. We considered that the easiest way is to use VNC connect because it makes the printing possible for a very low price. The customer support is excellent, very fast replying times.

Pros

We use it to access our local PCs and occasionally print documents. We used Teamviewer before but the subscription rates are high compared with RealVNC which officer for about 1/10th of the price the same services. Our non IT pro employee is connecting and using his PC easily. The printing works

Cons

There are no cons that I can imagine regarding of RealVNC, it does it job.

Reasons for Choosing VNC Connect

because of the better price, also it works better with special resolutions

Julian from Netcentric

Neither good or bad. Just superseeded by competitors.

I didn't use the latest versions as I switched to one of its competitors long time ago, but from time to time I try to see what comes up. Although one thing I definitely miss is the possibility to connect to your workstation ( or other workstations )wherever you are, without the need to customize your firewall or block/unlock some stuff around. This is definitely something this software would need to improve.

Pros

If you need a software to remotely control your workstation or servers, this fullfil the purpose quite fine. If you use it internally in a corporation and you do not have any firewall rule that blocks you, this works quite immediately.

Cons

This software lacks the possibility to have an account where you tie all your workstations you want to access. Say you use it in a family and you want to connect to your parents PC, or your brother and sister's one. Well, this makes it complicated as you would need to store this somewhere else. This could be definitely something to be improved.

Great tool to remote desktop computers.

I use VNC connect to access Raspberry pi computers in my IoT devices. Very easy, It only requires an active internet connection. When the computer starts, if the internet is available server automatically connects otherwise waits for an active connection. We can manage our devices from our profile. We can assign acces rights to other users too. Support cross platforms.

Pros

It just needs an active internet connection to remote desktop the device. Just need to run the server on the device that needs to control. If the device should be accessed over internet user have to log in to their own profile. Otherwise, under the same network, direct access to the IP is provided. From the profile, we can share our devices with others with limited access to the devices. With free accout, we can manage only a limited number of devices.

Cons

Problems can occur when trying to connect using a local server, But referring documentation and discussion forums can solve the problem. If disconnects auto connects to the network. Overall easy to use.

Dave from A & S COMPUTER SERVICES

most cost effective

i have been using it almost exclusively since i found it, almost 20 years ago. it doesn't have some of the more exotic features like some of the other remote control products, but it also costs a tenth of the price.

Pros

it does everything that i need, and it doesn't cost a fortune

Real VNC is a rock solid VNC tool

Pros

Real VNC is easy to setup and configure for doing secure VNC connections. This program is updated often so you know it is staying secure.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about this program. It works as intended.

Vishwas from Informatica

Mandatory software if you are a using multiple VMs

Pros

This software enables you to interact with your Linux machines with a friendly UI. Features I like the most: * it is very is easy to do resolution setting in VNC. * it is very is easy to start VNC on your Linux machine (just type "vncserver" in your cmd).

Cons

The only thing I hate about it is suddenly crashing and sometimes mouse/keyboard stop responding in the VNC.

Matthew from NPTCBC

Easy remote desktop support software

Overall it's simple and does the job. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for simple remote connection to their network.

Pros

VNC is very simple and yet very effective. It feels very streamline and functions exactly as you want remote software to function. The ability to save sessions is also a nice feature and it works well across our network.

Cons

Great and easy connections!

Pros

Cons

There are times when the screen gets zoomed in or too out during connection that is mostly done in part of the screen size resolution.

An Computer Support Technician's Best Friend

Having used VNC for over 10 years, I don't know how we'd do our job without it.

Pros

Our help desk manages a large campus with many buildings. VNC allows us to easily connect to our users' desktop and address their issues remotely. We also often support users that are travelling, and are outside of our corporate network. VNC Connect does not require that the user has a VPN connection before we can gain access. We also appreciate the viewer apps available for mobile devices.

Cons

The drop-down toolbar is anchored to the top-center of the screen. There are times when it would be helpful to be able to move it to an alternate location, like you can in RDP sessions.

Dustin from Encompass Medical Group

Great Remote Access Tool

Pros

I use this daily to connect to the company end users. It's really easy to connect to computers on our network by using the computer name. I have nearly 300 users that I support on a daily basis and the small footprint allows me to open multiple windows and help several users at once. The ability to have multiple connections open without slowing my machine down is invaluable.

Cons

The only real gripe I have with VNC is that the way it supports multiple monitors is really odd. I can't get a full screen view without having a scaling window that I have to resize. If I try anything else it just gets very distorted.

David from Ebenezer Baptist Church

Long-term success

This software has allowed me to manage servers and desktop operations LITERALLY from all across the world.

Pros

I've been a RealVNC client for over eight years now. Have had very little need for support, because their product just works!!! We've set up several different desktops and servers with their remote software and have found no issues for Macs or PCs. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Cons

The only issue I have experienced lately has been that the Mac OS viewer has difficulty closing down, but that has been fixed in the latest version.

Paul from Atlas Toyota Material Handling, LLC

Industry: Wholesale

Quality Remote Software

Great software when in large building and dont have to walk to users desk to fix issues. Easy to use and provides a lot of convenience

Pros

Easy to use and setup PC remote software. Lets you perform most if not all functions you need to when connected to remote pc

Cons

Copy and pasting files or text from local to remote (and vice versa) PC doesn't all work

Fernando Ulises from IQOR

daily used to conect with a Pc located on different area on my work for a simple detail avoid time .

to help o real time to a users, also avoid to walk to the station and the program can be used with 1 o more windows at same time ..

Pros

its easy to set up, and the history of made conections appear listed below making more easy work with it ..

Cons

i dont have some bad found on it yet, i think is a perfect tool on local areas network to make some help to an user ..

Every day program

We use this software constantly in school, and its a much better alternative than the old whiteboard and markers, specially since my school is an animation school.

Pros

That you can broadcast to an almost unlimited number of computers and you can decide who sees it or not by stablishing a password. Also, you can send files to the computers that see the broadcast or you can even let those computers control the main one.

Cons

The delay can be sometimes troublesome, specially when playing video or animations

Shawn C. from iCiDIGITAL

Easiest way to manage multiple PCs on a network

Pros

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to get the software set up to work remotely (through a firewall/router).

anthony from Asurion

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Powerful remote software

This help us to remote our STB devices with ease which requires minimalist storage size.

Pros

Cons

Nothing can say about the cons of this software. this is a very dependable software.

Cassandra from CNB Bank

Ease of use.

Pros

VNC has been fantastic for remotely resolving issues for our users. It has an easy setup process. It is also very easy to use and maneuver.

Cons

Sometimes swapping between screens when we remote into a machine with dual screens is tedious.

Tammy from Southbay Computers

Just What I Needed!

I am able to share billing info and control a desktop to print even if the user is not at their computer. It saves so much time!

Pros

I can access any computer in my network as needed, for files etc.

Cons

Password protection sometimes slows me down a bit trying to remember.

Love RealVNC

Pros

I use this app everyday. More secure and easier to use than other remote control programs. Small footprint.

Cons

Needs updates often. Occasionally the service stops running on a machine and I have to use an alternative to remote control then.

massimo from UAB

It provides a more granular control on the connection parameters than other "competitors" do.

Pros

My feeling is that large companies may often rely on VNC over competitors because of the more explicit settings of the connection security parameters it provides. I like very much the VNC address book they provide, where you can conveniently safe all the connection parameters of your connections.

Cons

It uses way more bandwidth than competitors. Displayed quality is the worst, when compared to "TeamViewer", "Teradici" or Microsoft Remote Desktop". It requires to VPN into the local server first, if you are trying to remote connect from outside your work network.

edwardo from Events Services

Real VNC is as real as it gets

Our team would not be able to do its job or provide excellent service without the help of Real VNC.

Pros

Real VNC is a tool highly valuable with my team. It allows for our admin. team to access any of our devices super easy. Although the software is not complicated to understand and use, it provides a highly advance use.

Cons

I have yet to find a reason why to not like Real VNC.

weston from Westons Personal Training LLC

Works

It makes it easy to check in on employees to make sure they are working

Pros

Its easy to dial in on computer ips on your network

Cons

You have to know the ip of a computer in order to login other then a computer name on a network

Dan from dmi Networking

Hard to beat VNC software for connecting to computers on and off the network.

Pros

It's free, and it's simple to set up. The RealVNC server can be configured with a password that is separate from the user login to the system, creating a two-factor authentication scenario. Connections are very quick. If the router is configured with an open port (5900, usually) you can VNC from anywhere.

Cons

Connections are not encrypted, and this doesn't meet compliance standards. This can really only be used when accessing systems that don't need to worry about compliant, secure connections. This is the nature of VNC in general.

Todd from Avante Healthcare Services

VNC

This software is used to monitor several Raspberry Pi's

Pros

Powerful remote desktop software that is lightweight.

Cons

Remote access becomes more complicated when connecting to computers outside of your local network.

Anthony from IPG VR

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Remote software that just works

Pros

Unlike some remote helpdesk solutions which charge for the endpoints, VNC charges for the admin accounts in a tiered approach which means that you can have as many admin accounts as you need. i.e. 5 admins and 25 endpoints. It works from both Mac and PC.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with any password management software

Brittany from Safe Home Pro, Inc.

Seems like more issues than not

Does what we need it to do. However, we do not feel secure 100%.

Pros

Great for tapping into your desktop from anywhere, especially for me because I use an iPad to tap into my desktop, which I believe would be a little more difficult than using a traditional laptop. I have to go to the VA a few times a week which is an hour from our office so it's very necessary for me to be able to look at the schedule remotely when I'm not here. You have to go into your iPad settings, click the VNC option on and then pull up VNC app and go into your desktop. If you close out of the iPad, it will knock you out and you will have to redo those steps which is annoying but not difficult.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is how our IT guy set it up or what, but it leaves a lot of the backend open with potential for hackers. I don't know if this can be changed or not... It does seem like we are a little vulnerable while using this software to tap in. It also has a weird setup on the desktop to where if this certain program isn't running in the background all the time, then it won't let us remote in. Which is difficult if you are not here at the office to turn it on. It seems to always stay up on the desktop though. Again, this may be the fault of our IT guy setting us up this way.. Not too sure..

An absolute must-use for remote access!

VNC Connect is a part of my weekly workflow and I couldn't be more pleased with it. It's simple to use, works as advertised, and has increased my personal productivity.

Pros

Having access to multiple computers that I use on a weekly basis (in my home and at my office) from ANY computer AND my iPad or phone has streamlined my workflow ever week!

Cons

The inability (within the version I utilize) to transfer files and/or use audio is the only drawback, but the quick workarounds are simple and useful.

easy and simple

I use this service almost daily and almost never gave me problems, more than some connection errors, sending files through vnc is easy and fast, all your users receive it, if you are a company this service can make things easier for you.

Pros

it is easy to connect to the ip server, and this can be protected by a password. more than one can control the actions of what you see. It is multiplatform, you can access the program from any smart device. you can send archives

Cons

low rate of fps, if you want your users to see a video you need another softwere. You can only connect five users if you are a free user.

mahmoud from domina coral bay

Perfect

Nice Amazing

Pros

i Find it perfect and so flexible More

Cons

Secure And Quick Access To Clients Over

Gabriel from American Kpo

Operate remotely easily and easily

I have been able to support other computers from the comfort of my workplace.

Pros

It allows you to access from one computer to another using the internet connection, to solve any inconvenience that your co-workers have on your computer.

Cons

I have not had problems with the application but the only thing that is essential to be connected to an internet network, I fully recommend this application.

Saran from Diebold Nixdorf

Remote session

Worked on it for 2 years and it is the best one to go for a remote session

Pros

VNC is probably the best tool for remote support.

Cons

Nothing negative found in it apart from reverse VNC. Sometimes it fails

Chamath from Codegen

Good software to connect remotely to other networks

I am using this software daily to connect to the remote computer in which the email is loaded so that i can watch the emails in the remote computer and do my tasks at the same time which saves time and energy

Pros

Can connect to the remote without interrupting the user of the remote computer.

Cons

Needs somewhat high performance machines to run this software

Brian from University Laval

Great remote software

Pros

If you got a really small business the cost by year it's just perfect !It's support a lot of platform, this software it's a no brainer if you want something to take control of device.

Cons

I wish it's support file transfer in the free version, some of the best feature are only in the entreprise version

Lasha from Mmedi22

A decent remote control software

VNC is a pretty simple tool and has only one major feature. If it's what you need - go for it. I haven't had a problem in a year of usage alongside with TeamViewer.

Pros

VNC does what it says it does. It allows you to connect to anothe computer and control it remotely. It's not bursting with features but the remote connection is smooth and stable.

Cons

It lacks many important features such as audio and video chat. I'd like to communicate with the user of the computer that I'm connected to. UI is pretty outdated as well.

Useful for remote desktop use.

Pros

Used to help less technology-inclined friends and employees. When a particular coworker living in another country was having issues with freeing up space on their Hard Drive I got them to install this software. I was then able to solve the problem for them by using selective sync on Dropbox to delete a bunch of folders.

Cons

Its not really a con - but now when you connect there is a big This user has connected to VNC alert - so its not discrete.

Molly from Marion County Public Library

Industry: Libraries

Use Your PC From Your Recliner

Pros

I have been using VNC Connect for several years. I sit in my recliner and use Microsoft programs through my iPad. Love it!

Cons

The only major con I have is the short cut bar will come un-pinned at times and a pain to get back. I usually logout and back in to re-pin before it disappears again.

Great application

Pros

I really like how quick it is to set up and get working simply put the client software piece on the remote PC that you want to connect to, then boom remote in using the viewer and boom, Bob's your uncle.

Cons

No negatives that I can think of, it works as is want it to.

Shane from pSemi, A Murata Company

Great tool for connecting to a server on network. Easy to remote in.

Pros

Great tool for accessing our testing equipment (usually Aemulus, Falco, and DiamondX). Can easily remote in once connected to server network, can quickly test probe/test yields on certain wafer lots and individual parts.

Cons

None that I can think of! My company downside, only 1 VNC computer hooked up on the server so only 1 person can access it at a time.

We will be migrating to this product shortly

provides localised onsite remote support even when the internet goes down.

Pros

The interface is simple in it's design. We have tested for a month against 2 other products including our current solution and it has yet to disappoint.

Cons

No issues have been reported in test. We have had nothing but positive feedback from our tech staff.

Eduardo from GCC

With VNC the service desk support is easier

When we implemented SAP in my company, I was provided with this tool as a key user to give support to everyone inside the organization and many of them at remote locations. By using VNC, I was able to provide a quality support and gave me the ability to solve issues faster than just by phone and teaching the user at the same time.

Pros

The ability to connect to a remote computer by just having the IP address was really helpful after the implementation of a new ERP in the company.

Cons

Sometimes there was a lag of a few seconds when working remotely and it was a little bit of annoying.

Most Well-known Remote Desktop software

Overall, this is the most well-known remote desktop software on the market. The Free version will get you all the basic function you need for most remote desktop needs. This is especially the main tool on Linux OS

Pros

Simple and free (they do have paid version for more features). If I want something quick, this is the solution I will go with. Also, it is nice that it support many different platforms, especially useful for Linux OS as many other Remote Software lacks the support on Linux

Cons

File support does not comes with free version. Interface is very simple, a bit too simple i think as it does not look modern enough I find performance a concern as well. Compare with other Remote Desktop software, this one seems to be lagging the most And I do not able to get Audio on Mac, not sure if it is an isolated issue

Great simple software for PC viewing/sharing computer workspaces

Pros

How easy it is to setup computer sharing. Everything is very simple which really helps with this kind of software. The mobile feature can be a little cumbersome but it's very useful on the go.

Cons

The organization of the workspaces you create can be hard to sort through. If there was the ability to have folders and such it would be very useful.

Gabriela from FIH

when i ask for help to IT support on my work, they use this SW as first step to view the problem or.

to help to save time to other people when bring me support with my laptop on the company where im working..

Pros

it brings the option to save time making the remote connection and solve the required by an user on the company

Cons

this software is used by It support on the company, for me its a powerful tool to make remote session secure and complete

Mike from Mode Project

Great Remote Desktop Connection That's Reliable!

It's been great. I've used other screen sharing programs in the past that are lagging or have poor video quality. The key to a service like this is video refreshing fast and high quality images, and they nail it.

Pros

The responsiveness and video quality is great. I can use it to do video editing in real time from a remote connection, which is my primary goal. Software is also reliable for connection to computers. Two factor authentication is nice as well.

Cons

I wish they would get audio to work with a Mac. They said they are working on it, but right now we have a work around with routing audio through Skype that works for us

Reasons for Choosing VNC Connect

Best video quality and computer responsiveness.

Timothy from MVECA

Easy and simple to use but unsafe

VNC is usually blocked by default by most firewalls worth their salt. In addition, there are too many secure competitors like Webex Teams and GotoAssist to deal with that. The software is antiquated and people should look elsewhere. The software is simple to use however and was great in its day.

Pros

The software is EXTREMELY easy to use. When the user starts the software, they will see a sic digit key which they give to the administrator who can remote in. Nothing complicated about that for either side.

Cons

This is rated as highly dangerous software for its lack of security. For that reason, it is usually blocked by default by most firewalls worth their salt. In addition, there are too many secure competitors like Webex Teams and GotoAssist to deal with that. The software is antiquated.

Ben from BPMCT

An awesome way to remote into computers

VNC has made it very easy for me to troubleshoot embedded devices.

Pros

It is very easy and allows you to store information about your devices in the cloud. Very fast connection.

Cons

Audio support was not available for a long time, and it is pretty expensive if you're not using the raspberry pi.

John from IT Kings

Free remote support tool

Pros

great for connecting to local users computers for remote support Easy to connect and image quality adjustment to prioritize connection stability

Cons

Do not see an option to allow file transfers between computers. Could be that is does not have the feature

VNC is a great tool for managing multiple remote computers

Pros

We use VNC quite a bit for remote access to computers on our network, and we think it's great. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

We haven't really come across any issues yet, it does what it's supposed to.