All Webex Reviews

Webex Review: Digital signage queen reviews Webex

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Host Meetings Professionally!

Cisco WebEx keeps our meetings professional for both internal users and clients we work with! We've noticed that most people are familiar with the software and have used it before so it makes hosting meetings even easier.

PROS

WebEx is really easy to use and setup! From both the view point of the admin setting up a meeting or an end user who was invited to a meeting, it's all really simple! I especially enjoy how WebEx will automatically adjust for time zone changes since many meetings I'm joining or hosting are with people on the other side of the country. Screen sharing also works really well, usually I'd experience some bandwidth issues with other software but for some reason WebEx works wonderfully!

CONS

The only con I can think of is that sometimes if I'm joining a meeting that I have scheduled in my Google Calendar it won't work correctly. It should be able to load the meeting invite and join as intended but I usually find myself having to manually enter the meeting ID, attendee ID, and passcode.

Reason for choosing Webex

It was pricier than most but because WebEx is such a familiar name with lots of users and so simple to use we felt the price and ROI was justified.

Reasons for switching to Webex

We wanted a more professional look and feel once we migrated from Google Apps for Business to Office 365 but didn't want to utilize Skype for Business.

Sheshanka

Biotechnology, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A decent conferencing service application but can get better

PROS

Has all the basic conferencing features. It includes audio, video, chat and screen share capability.

CONS

Ease of use is much better with other competitive tools like Zoom and Teams

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Multiple uses for webex

The product is very robust and easy to use on a daily basis.

PROS

The ease of use for creating meetings is perfect for our company. We can start a meeting quickly and several people can join at once.

CONS

There aren't really any missing components, you can have video meetings, voice only meetings, we also use webex for presentations.

Tucker

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Using WebEx for calling, nothing else

I have had no issues with WebEx, nothing negative or overly positive experience, you get what you pay for

PROS

Ease of use and mobile usage as well as computer use.

CONS

Other features are clunky, user interface could be nicer.

Reasons for switching to Webex

Digital option much more in line with my practice.

Adrian

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Great resource

PROS

Webex allows me to make and receive calls over VoIP. The call quality is great.

CONS

There is a couple second delay between an incoming call through the desktop and the mobile.

Mary

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Meeting at ease

PROS

Webex helps us meet with our parents, our team and any other meeting needs we have. It is flexible and very user friendly.

CONS

I don't like that sometimes its hard to get the sound to connect on the computer.

qasm

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Application review

PROS

Very easy to use and safe application, I loved this

CONS

I contacted customer service and did not receive an appropriate response

Maria

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Using WebEx for research meetings!

PROS

I mentor undergraduate research and LOVE using WebEx to schedule my meetings with my undergraduate students! The features on WebEx allow me to share research materials while also being on screen! It’s a great app,

CONS

Nothing! I think this is an excellent application.

Brandy

Import and Export, 501-1,000 employees

Could be magic

PROS

It is really helpful to be able to have one-on-one conversations throughout a conference, which is why I adore it. Raising hands, surveys, and group discussions are all really nice and simple to use tools.

CONS

Each time you go among the individuals in the room, all of the camera screens need to refresh. It is really unsightly and affects the audio quality for half of the individuals in our room.

Tamara

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Positive experience using Webex

PROS

The easy to navigate platform when setting up or attending a meeting

CONS

There were some glitches with sound and audio that took time to work out

Oscar

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Webex Meetings

I quite liked it. It is very easy to start a conference. It also has a waiting room for participants who can tell that they are already inside so that the organizer can start the conference. Meeting scheduling is very useful, and easily integrates with calendars like Outlook.

PROS

It is very easy to use. It allows a large capacity of participants and allows sessions to be recorded. Something that makes it a very good option is that it allows you to enter the sections even by dialing a number without the need for software (although it would only be audio). The integration that it has with other Christ solutions and that allows adding a great variety of video conferencing devices makes it a very flexible application.

CONS

Price may be one of its downsides. Comparing it to others like Zoom, the price may go up a bit. However, for a medium to large company, buying by volume can compensate for this situation.

Reason for choosing Webex

Cisco Webex is more flexible. Zoom doesn't allow us all the flexibility that we have. And buying in volume for all members of the organization helped us lower costs, which made us decide on Webex.

Oscar

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

New Webex - The best for collaboration

We like it a lot. We've been replacing other tools and simplifying everything into a single Webex Suite. Leaving aside other tools and using only this one, helps to take better control of the work carried out. Although to a certain extent it is impossible to ignore other tools, this particular one is already used by the majority of users in most collaboration cases.

PROS

It is very simple to use in general. The tool can be used by clients and business partners for free, which allows us to collaborate with them in a safe and comprehensive way with the rest of our solutions. Although we have our license that includes storage in the cloud, customers or business partners do not need to pay anything to collaborate with us and use our spaces. Which makes it a very convenient tool.

CONS

I think the costs are not the best. To be able to use and take advantage of it, you have to acquire different types of licenses and integrations. For example with Webex Meetings, it is not something that you have for sure, it is something that is integrated as long as you have all the licenses and subscriptions.

Reason for choosing Webex

It was the one that could help us integrate the most collaboration tools. It allows us to have a single tool for almost all collaboration needs.

Reasons for switching to Webex

We have managed to unify the use of other tools into one. For example Webex already includes remote support, which allows us to reduce the use of TeamViewer. Webex also has Chat and file sharing so using Microsoft Teams is no longer necessary. And with meetings along with all the extra functionality it makes Zoom less of a requirement. Although we cannot say that we have stopped using these tools (since if they are useful and necessary at times) it has made it easier for us to use a single Webex Suite.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2020

User Friendly Collaboration Tool

Overall Webex has helped our organization meet with each other regardless of our location. It allows us to train new hires, schedule 1:1s with employees, or simply collaborate to bring out a project.

PROS

I have several favorites when it comes to Webex. I really like how you can schedule unique future meetings with recurring sessions and how you can also schedule ad-hoc meetings using your Personal Room. The use of the personal room is one of my favorites because you have your unique link that you can start whenever, or you can choose to not use your personal room and schedule meetings ahead. I also like the new virtual background and blur features that were just released.

CONS

Sometimes it uses up a lot of bandwidth... that's to be expected. However, it can cause overload when you are sharing webcam and perhaps doing a demo on a product. Of course that is relative to your OS, but it's one of the things that I notice specifically when I use Webex.

Reason for choosing Webex

We chose Webex because compared to other products, Webex had a user friendly interface and it was pretty intuitive as well.

Reviewed July 2020

Best video meeting solution I've ever tested

Since COVID-19, I couldn't visit our customer and have a meeting on offline, so I should've find the way to solve this problem. First time I used Zoom for my video meeting but I had a bad experience while on meeting such as lack of signal or poor quality of voice. Therefore I found many video meeting solution on Google and tested 21 solutions last MAR. Finally I selected Cisco Webex. You can see my test experience below link.(You can translate via Chrome) [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] At now, I'm using Cisco Webex meeting when I need to have a meeting with other companies. This has very simple UI, so I had no difficult for having video meeting with my co-workers. Thanks to Cisco Webex, I can cover my customer when I need to have a meeting and communicate with Webex Teams when I need to share my contents(especialy large files). Although there are some weak point on Cisco Webex, I will use this until it appear other video meeting solution better than this.

PROS

- easy to use : no need to install client S/W for meeting, only can invite an attendee by 2 steps - good quality of vioce : can hear good quality of voice and latency is under 0.2 sec - network connectivity is always stable : I didn't experience for lost signal while meeting - video screen adjustment : can increase or decrease video screen size and put wherever you want - great collaboration S/W : I think that Webex Teams is better than Microsoft Teams.

CONS

- Language support : AI function can't use in Korean. - hard to use in Webex Event : UI/UX in Webex Event is very complicated - expensive : compare other S/W, I think that Cisco Webex is most expensive in this area.

Reasons for switching to Webex

I've experienced lost signal while I have a video meeting. As a result of my test, Cisco Webex kept connection well but Zoom didn't. Zoom's voice quality was not good for me.

Nick

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Pretty Good, but Could Use some Fine Tuning

We use it to video conference with potential vendors of software. It takes the place of the traveling salesman and it does a decent job of this. Despite its few drawbacks and hiccups, it works pretty well and does not require any sort of account to set up a meeting with a host. I would recommend this software.

PROS

It is relatively easy for me to set this software up for my users. Most of the time, we are the ones on the guest side of the session. We typically talk to other companies who are selling software and they use Webex to demo products. As far as getting into the session and getting set up it is easy as long as there is someone with admin privileges present. The video quality is okay, and the point usually gets across. It is nice that the host can share their computer screen for demos or presentations and it is nice that Webex does not require any user account creation to join a meeting. Also the ability to dial in to a conference call is wonderful if one side or the other is having sound or microphone problems.

CONS

It is impossible to set up Webex meetings on our domain without an administrator or technician being present. Webex requires a small program to be installed and this causes problems for end-users. They usually try to set it up themselves and mess something up or get stuck at the admin credentials screen. This is required every time someone schedules a Webex meeting. It has become such an issue that we ask users to let tech support know when the meeting is scheduled so we can make sure to be there.

Reason for choosing Webex

More people seem to use Webex and skype requires user accounts for each user. Webex offers more features as well as a bit better user privacy.

Ozgur

Automotive, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2019

The best conferencing tool so far with audio, screen or video sharing features

I'm very happy with Cisco WebEx. Outlook integration makes the life very easy for the meetings. You can easily do the meeting management within your outlook. WebEx productivity tool enables you to access your agenda and shows what's next. By this way even outlook is closed you can manage your agenda or meetings. Mobile platform apps works properly and integrate you while on business travel. Sure there are some things to improve; but it is the best software I've experienced so far for meeting organizations. Interface is very elegant and attractive too.

PROS

WebEx have several tools like MS Outlook add-on and Productivity tool. These really make the office life easier while you are working during the day. Add-on is easily integrated to MS Outlook. By clicking meet now, you can easily create instant link and forward by mail, also by schedule meeting ribbon you to can easily add link invitation note. You can use productivity tool from the desktop and use all features with a small interface. User controls are good and can be easily managed. Mobile platform usage is a very big opportunity. I'm using IOS version of WebEx app most of the time while I'm away from the office. It is very convenient and easy to connect. You can use almost all the features.

CONS

One of the issues with WebEx is that it causes lag after sharing screen long time or when taking over other users' screen. If you are using headset (directly from your IP or land phone) then the audio quality is perfect; but if you are using only computer to connect, then voice quality drops significantly. Another issue is the connectivity problem with the WebEx server. This happens rarely; but you probably end up with cancelling te meeting. Interface is very elegant; but I somehow have difficulty to use some features, e.g. taking or giving control or annotate screen.

Reviewed July 2020

Solid platform for setting up internal and external meetings, with a few drawbacks

Aside from the few drawbacks mentioned above, overall I have had a relatively good experience using Cisco WebEx for both team as well as client meetings. It's easy to share the dial-in information with the clients, schedule meetings, and set up calls using different rooms. In the future, if there is a way to allow an original host to EXIT a meeting without ending the call altogether, that would be very helpful.

PROS

I use WebEx meetings almost daily for work - for both internal and external check-ins. Pretty straightforward navigation, once you get the hang of setting up a room (either personal or client-facing) the platform is quite easy to navigate. At my meeting we have WebEx integrated with peoples' calendars, so when I schedule a meeting on WebEx it allows me to easily see my coworkers' availability which is definitely a plus - good ease of integration with other applications. Interface is simple enough that the main functions (setting up a meeting, sharing meeting info) are easy to use and I have not had issues with this software unexpectedly crashing which is an added bonus.

CONS

One of my main gripes is regarding shared rooms (ex. other members on your team are able to start/stop the meeting if you're unavailable). One of the recurring issues with shared rooms is that they all use the same call-in number and pin. With that said, if there are back-to-back meetings using the same room, and the earlier meeting runs over, we run the risk of clients calling into a call that is still going on, which creates confusion and can have us coming off as unprofessional. I have avoided this issue in the past by creating internal check-ins using my own personal room, however the drawback to this is that - if I'm unavailable for any reason - the meeting cannot be started by anyone other than myself. For back-to-back meetings, if there's a way for new users to be put into a waiting room until AFTER the previous meeting has completed ended, that may avoid these issues in the future. Another issue is that if I set up simultaneous meetings in both my personal and shared rooms, there is no way I can remove myself from the first meeting without it ending the call altogether. I have not found a way to assign someone else as the host, so if there have been simultaneous meetings (where I am just listening in the background) I have had to juggle this by calling into one meeting using my laptop, and calling into the second using my phone. It works, but it's not very efficient.

501-1,000 employees