All Wrike Reviews

Joe

Marketing and Advertising, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2020

A fantastic, Grade-A project management tool...

Tammy

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Great Project Management System

Overall my experience with Wrike has been fantastic. I've used it for many years and it has been a great system.

PROS

I have used Wrike for years and highly recommend it to others all the time. The key to finding a good PM System is finding one that works like you work and Wrike offers so many ways to lay it out (boards, to do lists, by project, etc.). It is very easy to use and if you set up due dates you know what will be coming due and it will show on your to do list as well. I also love that I can add up to 5 team members + collaborators on the free version.

CONS

The only 'con' I have is that it would be nicer to have clarity on what Wrike considers 'projects' vs. 'folders'.

Reason for choosing Wrike

Wrike has so many ways to view it that it can work for almost anyone. When using it with my team it was important that they could lay out theirs in a way that made sense to them as well.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

I didn't feel like it matched the way I worked.

Becky

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2023

When it comes to managing projects, Wrike is top-notch

Wrike is a powerful and simple tool for managing projects. The platform is user-friendly, and it comes equipped with a variety of tools that simplify teamwork and project administration. The analytics and reports are also quite helpful for seeing the big picture of a project.

PROS

Thanks to the platform's flexibility, I've been able to centralize and simplify a great deal of my work. The most exciting feature is the seamless real-time communication and team overview that it provides. In sum, if you're wanting to increase productivity and better manage your workload, Wrike is a tool I'd strongly suggest.

CONS

If I had to select one thing, it would be that all the features and options may seem overwhelming at first. It took me some time to learn how to maximize the effectiveness of each feature.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

I'm quite pleased with this purchase. There are several benefits to using this program, but the one I appreciate the most is the increased efficiency it has brought to my staff. It has significantly improved our efficiency by helping us keep track of our many ongoing projects and duties. The platform is feature-rich and simple to use.

Rohit

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Review on Wrike

PROS

CONS

By personalizing templates for related projects, teams can save time by avoiding the need to start from scratch.It is the capacity to work with others outside of one's own field while keeping confidential any duties that are not related to the external collaborator.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Wrike - A greate alternative to Microsoft Planner, just not Microsoft Teams

Task and Project Management is great on Wrike, however, communication is bare bones. The issue we had was that we used Wrike, but still had to use Teams for communication and collaboration. If Wrike were to be enhanced with screen sharing, messaging, and video conference even only on paid tiers, it make a better case for us that would rather collaborate and plan in one software package.

PROS

The UI/UX was superb. The font and graphics were easy on the eyes. Planning tasks and adding task was very easy once past the learning curve.

CONS

I don't like that the Gantt chart was behind a subscription paywall. The only reason I subscribed was for the Gantt chart, which was very useful.

Reason for choosing Wrike

Microsoft Project while robust was too much software for a small team with too much setup. It does have the necessary reporting however, Wrike was more approachable and usable for our use case.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

Most importantly, it was for the Gantt chart to easily visualize our projects, other large efforts, and daily tasks. Microsoft Project does have Gantt charts but can be unwieldy for smaller teams.

Ferent

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

It's essential for productivity and great for project collaboration

It helps me to remain organized and productive. It is my go-to software when I need to keep my ideas organized when I feel like I need to get the most out of them.

PROS

Wrike provides one of the best solutions for project management, task prioritization, dependencies, customizable workflows, and collaboration. As a user, these features matter most to me as they're essential for increasing productivity rates. I like it because I can collaborate on a project with two or more members in a real-time, easily communicate with them, and share files as well as updates. It provides possibilities for me to assign priorities to tasks, making sure that we're all focusing on what is most important and I also get to define dependencies between these tasks; ensuring that the progress of one affects the scheduling of the other. It allows to customize workflows to match the project management process. Users get to do things like automation, accurate time tracking, real-time updates, and collaborate on various ideas.

CONS

I have noticed that Wrikes requires manual input from the team which I find to be time-consuming, and stressful and could potentially prone members to errors. It could be great if this was done automatically like a sort of data extraction or something like that - that way the user won't have to manually do all the work and even if the user could still need to manually input data, the platform should consider providing built-in technologies that will help to eliminate potential errors during typing. - It also lacks some advanced tracking functionalities and I often use Jira as a means to compensate for it.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

I switched from using both Asana and Trello for several reasons like pricing, functionalities and others.

Kelly

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

My preferred project management software is Wrike

Our teamwork skills allow us to complete projects and tasks efficiently. Any manager, from the coordinator all the way up to the vice president, can log in at any moment to observe how things are going.

PROS

When compared to other project management software, Wrike is head and shoulders above the rest. You can increase your team's productivity with the many built-in tools and integrations accessible on their platform. Easy to use and adapt to your team's needs, this application is a pleasure to work with.

CONS

Wrike is a powerful and flexible project management application, but its complexity might make it challenging to learn for some team members. Your company's Wrike instance can benefit greatly from comprehensive training and support resources.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

Wrike has helped us manage projects and workflows for various teams across several departments. For us, the most useful feature has been the capacity to collect all the data needed to finish a complex project during its inception and to share that data across departments.

Rickey

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Pretty good but if you need something powerful look at others

Not a big fan. It gets the job done, and there's nothing really negative about it, but i do find it lacking in powerful features.

PROS

It's easy to use, once you get an understanding of how the platform organizes data, it's fairly intuitive. I also liked that you can create your own reports, even as a regular user (not an admin), which helps with maintaining a cadence.

CONS

There is a bit of a learning curve in understanding how things are organized. The interface is pretty plain and not very attractive.

Reason for choosing Wrike

Our company found that Asana didn't integrate into our 'dataverse' as well as other platforms.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations.

Replied April 2021

Wanjiru

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Effective employee time tracking and rescheduling

Effective solution for scheduling for employees and time tracking

PROS

I like the tool effective time tracking and rescheduling capabilities

CONS

I have to encountered any issues with the tool

Rémi

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

A highly effective project management software.

PROS

My experience with Wrike has been highly positive. It's a comprehensive and user-friendly project management tool with effective real-time communication and collaboration features with the team. It proves to be a valuable investment for developing significant projects, given its ease of use and integration with popular applications.

CONS

Lack of functionality in both the free and initial paid versions.

Jess

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

A great tool to encourage team collaboration

Easy to use and great to collaborate with team members who are in various geographies. Saves us time and helps us operate more efficiently.

PROS

It's easy to use, easy to set up and simple to add multiple accounts/permissions to various projects.

CONS

It can be admin heavy to keep all elements updated, but this is all in the set up. If you do this right at the beginning it's a great tool. We've learnt a lot since using this for the first time.

Gabriel

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

I've researched & tested every major player in the "project management" space and Wrike Leads All

Wrike is an exceptionally well-developed tool that even offers integration with Outlook to help keep project communication and schedules organized and on-time.

PROS

I'm a big fan of squeezing every additional second of my day, and as such, I'm constantly trying to do more in less time! Wrike keeps my projects on-time & on-budget, while allowing client collaboration.

CONS

I haven't found any major issues, perhaps the setup could be a little less involved but if you put in the time, you reap the rewards of a top project management tool.

Reason for choosing Wrike

Simply a better option for my needs with loads of configurable features and well thought out interface.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

Wrike is a more robust platform for my needs and allowed me better efficiency in managing large projects while collaborating with clients.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Exceptional project management

Wrike has transformed our project management process dramatically. Efficiency is up, visibility on pending work is greater, and we love this product.

PROS

Wrike is about as close to a "perfect" project management software for us as you can get. When buying a product, there are always going to be a few things that don't exactly work the way you'd like, but the number of those instances with Wrike are few and far between.

CONS

Nothing really, there are a few minor gripes about design decisions and a few very basic features that we (and other users) feel the product should have, but there is nothing major and they are all easily worked around.

Reason for choosing Wrike

We reviewed all the major players in project management, and Wrike was just hands down better for our use case. None of the other products came close to meeting our use case the way that Wrike did.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

Basecamp is a great product, it just wasn't powerful enough to meet our needs.

Kristen

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Wrike Has Reformed Our Team Collaboration

PROS

Wrike has greatly increased our efficiency across our teams. Our department has transitioned from a fully in-office team to a fully remote team to a hybrid working environment in just two short years, and thanks to Wrike, our project schedules remained on track no matter in what environment we work. The video onboarding tools built within Wrike helped each team member get started at their own pace, and the onboarding videos themselves are quite engaging and creative. Once established, our team has effectively created a high-functioning workspace in which to manage digital and print production, campaign management, and other organization. Some of our favorite features include the following. - A Gantt chart can be created so that once a task is completed, the assignee of the next task is instantly notified that they can start working on their assigned task. The Gantt chart also automatically adjusts deadlines across all items when a campaign deployment date is updated, saving us time from having to manually update dates for each task within a project. - Calendars provide us with a way to share our email campaign deployment dates company-wide and to assess workload distribution across teams. - Dashboards can be built for personal use or for team use, and customizable widgets mean that the possibilities are endless for dashboard items to display. - Forms can be programmed to use Blueprints to create and map projects/tasks automatically once submitted.

CONS

We are a small team without a dedicated project manager, and team members are required to manage their own projects. The onboarding process was lengthy, as the tool required our team to think differently about mapping project schedules. For example, if a task is created from a blueprint and the team member doesn't individualize the name of the task, Wrike may assume that the task is the same as others with the same name. Then, that one particular task will live in multiple projects. So, when a team member marks that one task as completed, Wrike will mark it as completed in all projects. This is wonderful if intentional, but it was confusing at first to some who were accustomed to linear project management tools.There are many different ways to set up projects on Wrike, which is a benefit as much as it could potentially be cumbersome. To ensure that our team members had an understanding of where to find things on Wrike and of the expectations for how we wanted to use this project management tool, we established a staff subcommittee to create a quick-reference guide that detailed the organizational structures, processes, or settings that we agreed to as a team. It worked really well for us to have a central document outlining the folder structures and notification settings for our team in addition to the onboarding tools that Wrike provided.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

As many teams did during the pandemic, we transitioned from an in-office to a fully remote marketing team. We needed a tool that increased our efficiency, added some automation, and provided immediate team access. After using Basecamp for almost a decade, we found the tool cumbersome when it came to managing tasks. We were unable to identify the length of time it took to complete a task, and, at the time, we could not create Gantt charts or see the workload delegated across the team. Wrike provided an affordable option that met all of our needs and more.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

PMs Love This Tool!

I love it. But it takes too long to make a creative team love it.

PROS

The scheduling tool and proofing tool are both fantastic. Everything lives here for our team, with the exception of our financials (this is because we couldn't cut purchase orders in Wrike).

CONS

Last we checked, we couldn't cut purchase orders in the tool. In addition, for in-house agencies, it would be great if you could pull reporting on effort to show how a team is performing, instead of relying on timesheets. In-house agencies are not as dependent on timesheets, so effort scheduled would be a great tool to pull reporting from. Granted, effort is not even an option for reporting. Also, the tool desperately needs a find-and-replace function. If you want to rename every step of a project, you need to be able to quickly find and replace. Otherwise, you are copying and pasting the new name into every row, sometimes hundreds of times. Peaches! The calendar view should be more like a Google Cal view of the schedule, without 400 steps pulling on individual days but just a stretch of active time - like a Gantt, but more creative-friendly. I want to be able to show the big picture of the agency "at a glance" without seeing every single step in the schedule. I am a HUGE Wrike fan and implemented it when we were at DISH. The agency I'm at now already had Wrike in place, but they were not successfully using it, so I defined the process for it. I could still really improve our engagement in it as a team. And creatives really hate it - ha. Something should be done to make it more creative-friendly. I have a lot of tips and tricks to share with folks though if you ever want random ways to help engagement.

Reason for choosing Wrike

I can schedule my creatives by .25 hour increments.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

We wanted to consolidate, but it's just impossible to get one tool to really rule them all.

Teddy

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

A Powerful Blank Slate, Both Good and Bad

As a manager, Wrike has been a struggle worth having. While my comfort level was to use a simpler yet more open tool like Trello, the complexity and number of our marketing campaigns/projects/events led me toward a more full-featured solution. Roll-out took a full year due to the busyness of our team, and after that first year, we scrapped everything based on what we learned and started fresh with a different taxonomy. Ultimately it's a boon for me as a manager to know that the entirety of my department's efforts are captured and managed in a single place, but it's a heavy lift for the team. The Wrike team was helpful with onboarding but didn't offer much direction; they probably would have been more helpful if we had pre-established workflows. Without a history of project management beyond a clunky spreadsheet, we were looking to Wrike to provide more robust templates and guidance in this area.

PROS

Wrike excels at what it sets out to do: manage projects. It is flexible, powerful, and full-featured enough to adapt to virtually any use case, keeping teams on the same page and on-task. The UI is fresh and modern, and the software is iterated weekly with even tiny considerations that make life easier.

CONS

Wrike is a blank slate, so determining how your busy team will leverage the tool takes a ton of effort. Its interface, while pretty, is as complex as it needs to be to conform to a bevy of use cases. The learning curve for a team is steep, and because it takes months to see benefits, adoption is an exercise in discipline. For some members of the team who struggle with the complexity, managing the tool is a burden and Wrike remains more of an obstacle than a benefit. We've also had no luck getting real-time browser notifications to work; the team either relies on far too many Wrike-generated emails or just living in the tool itself to stay up-to-date.

Reason for choosing Wrike

My team evaluated Asana and Airtable and recommended Wrike to me. A long-time Trello fan and user, I didn't want my bias to get in the way, and I knew that Trello was likely underpowered for the variety of uses were were going to lean on the product for.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

Our company is a heavy user of Office 365. While Planner and To-Do work very well and fit seamlessly into our environment, Planner is unfortunately underbaked. It is a fraction as useful as even Trello.

Stephanie

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Exactly what we needed.

We have had excellent support in designing workflows, implementation and adopting new features. We regularly get an email indicating that there are new features that our rep thought we might be interested in. When we meet with them, we find that our rep has done their homework, knows our account and how we use their product, and really does have great tips for getting more out of Wrike. We LOVE their customer support, which is unheard of in the world of technology these days.

PROS

We really like how easy it was to customize the product to meet the needs of various different kinds of projects. In consulting, we have several different teams working on completely different kinds of projects and Wrike had tools to help us with all of them. Wrike is super flexible and new features come out regularly that we hadn't even thought of.

CONS

I cannot think of anything. We love Wrike.

Reason for choosing Wrike

Again, Wrike is so customizable, we were able to adjust projects and tasks and other settings to create fantastic usability across all kinds of projects.

Reasons for switching to Wrike

Vorex was not easily customizable and the features that were in place were not quite right for the variety of projects that we work on as consultants. It always felt to me like it was designed for a very specific type of business.

Prince

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Wrike truly delivers on its promise

Overall is simply one of the best team management and projects software out there in the market, even when you compare it to its peers and its competitors it holds its own, it simply does the job it needs to do and sometimes it does more in value considering the price. I'm futuristically it is a software to look out for because if it keeps improving the way it has done in the last two years I think he's going to just be an A+ software soon rather than later

PROS

For what is what Wrike has improved the way our team works, in fact, to put it simply he can simply change our level of efficiency. As a member of a team under a small business, we usually used to outsource team projects two other companies that will oversee how our team is working on projects and that used to accrued extra cost to a business that already struggling to compete and make it in the marketplace. But on discovering Wrike we were able to do things better, do things within the confines of the company overview and also save cost why being more efficient in all projects. It has helped reduce miscommunication, misinterpretation and common mistakes between team members have brought about more transparency and a better understanding amongst team members. Another thing I personally like is the fact that it is web-based and I can log in to assess what the team is doing, I can also send out weekly notification reports which come in handy whenever you're managing any projects, also the fact that I'm able to create custom folders and even subfolders, task, and subtasks, add users and include due dates is perfect for anyone who's trying to manage a project. I think it is a one-stop-shop for anything project management, and that's how much it has revolutionized the way we do business.

CONS

One of the challenges I face with Wrike is the fact that it is not really easy to set up. In our today's business environment where we are more in need of software and products that could assist us in being more effective such products being user-friendly both at setting up and during operation must be given more consideration. I also feel that there should be an offline version so that users don't need to always connect to the internet to be able to use it effectively. Another thing is that it takes a little bit of time to get used to, so businesses that are planning to use Wrike it must give room for an adequate learning curve. And in all these little challenges are few things that can you get around with time.

Lane