• Pros

• "It's very easy to use and has a lot of bells and whistles which is great. My favorite feature is the timesheet feature."

• "Very easy to use and intuitive time tracking software. Great reporting features. We use this to track time for 15 employees and never had a problem."

• "It made it very easy to track time for clients over the course of the day, week, and month. Quite customizable, so we were able to have it fit our needs."

• Cons

• "I had always thought their interface was a bit tired, and its funny how that can make you feel... but the new design is awesome"

• "Can’t think of anything. Whenever there was an issue, they have listened to our suggests and continue to improve the product. "

• "If this app has PTO accrue etc function, it would be great. "

Browse FunctionFox Reviews

Travis from Rokusek Design

Great Software to keep track of hours and projects

Pros

We have used this program for a few years now and have found it very easy to track progress on projects, log hours, and make sure that our office is running as efficiently as possible. This has been a great investment for us!

Cons

It took some time to get familiar with how to use the software. Adding gantt charts for project planning would be great, but overall this program fits our needs quite well.

Claude from Zoup Creative Inc.

Feedback regarding Function Fox

I have been very impressed with the FunctionFox staff and their project management software from the very beginning of the process. The sales rep. was very knowledgeable and explained the features and benefits very clearly. The samples and tutorials were great and made the learning process kinda fun. FunctionFox's support team are exceptional at responding to our questions and reply promptly with detailed user friendly instruction on how to take full advantage of the powerful tools and functionality. Deciding to use FunctionFox in our face paced graphic design company was a great decision. It helps us spend more time on being creative and less time retyping project names, task names, design rates etc.

Pros

The software is designed with the creative industry in mind. You can set up project names, common tasks with specific hourly rates. When it comes time invoice a project I no longer have to request time sheets from staff. I just log in to the software, select the project name within the appropriate dates and all of the information that I need is presented quickly and efficiently which makes invoicing easy.

Cons

I can honestly say that I cannot find anything wrong with this software.

Reasons for Choosing FunctionFox

We chose FunctionFox because it was originally designed for an advertising agency so it was a perfect fit for our graphic design company. Much like an advertising agency, we handle multiple details and aspects of a project. FunctionFox software helps to keep a birds eye view on project details, project costs and scheduling. It just seemed like the best choice for our company.

Taylor from candid marketing + communications

Antiquated Time Keeping Software

For the time being, FunctionFox serves the purpose of keeping our team's time but when we have time we will most likely migrate to a new system. There are so many better options at this price point with more features and benefits.

Pros

We have used this product for over 5 years and it is really easy for employees to understand how to input their time. Their customer service staff is helpful when you ask for something directly.

Cons

Setting up backend organization of clients and projects is a bit confusing and difficult. There aren't very many integrations for communication with other softwares and if there are, it is difficult to get them set up. Updates and added features have to be added to your account from a FunctionFox rep.

Donna from Norton Engineering

Very User Friendly

This software has helped us stay on top of billable time & streamlined our billing process as well as helped with keeping on top of budgets.

Pros

This website is Web based so it's easy for everyone to access and stay connected. Very good customer service.

Cons

I do wish it was a little easier to customize the reports on my own.

Reasons for Choosing FunctionFox

We were able to try for free for several months without making a commitment & the Customer Service was great and very helpful.

Response from FunctionFox

Replied April 2020

Thanks Donna for your kind words. Always a pleasure to work with your team.

Ann from Franklin College

Using FunctionFox in a small college marketing department

Pros

I love how much functionality and detail I get with FunctionFox. It has enabled workflow and increased our productivity and brand consistency so we can prioritize the most strategic, outcome-oriented projects. I love that campus users all go to a single link to request work. I cannot imagine going back to an email-based request process or a lower functioning project management system.

Cons

The learning curve was high and hard for some. The dashboard is not as intuitive in some places as we would like.

Ashley from Satori Marketing

Function Fox Review-Satori Member

We needed something that combined timesheets with our project management system. FF worked well and helped solve that problem.

Pros

Cons

I wish it had more colors, it's a little blah and grey and boring.

PHILIP from Progress Container and Display

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Design Resource Tool

Outstanding product!

Pros

I started using this product about 15 years ago. It is a great tool for tracking projects, time, sales dollars vs. time spent per account and many other measurables. It is the best tool I have found that allows Design and sales management to objectively measure the return on design resources spent. The data collected has been immensely helpful to management, and this is the 4th organization that I have introduced to the tool!

Cons

None! Very easy to implement and use, for graphics and structure.

Reasons for Choosing FunctionFox

I saw an add years ago in ID or Abitare. I had seen the add multiple times before finally realizing the impact this could have on our office, and communicating with upper management regarding hours spent supporting business/individual customers, who our manpower robbers are, and when we could justify additional resources. It is an amazing tool!

Carter from Calypso

Professional Time Tracking in a Straight-Forward App

FunctionFox is a great tool for tracking time. It allows you to have several users tracking time under projects and tasks, so you can see how your team is using their time. From an agency standpoint, it allowed us to accurately account for our time with clients and realistically price our services. It had integration limitations and was not as flexible as we needed it to be, but for many, it is likely the right tool.

Pros

FunctionFox allows you to set up different account and projects within those accounts to help separate your time into tasks and items of your own choosing. For a marketing agency, this type of tool is essential. Function Fox offers a pretty easy to use system with several features to help make your time tracking experience easier and more accurate.

Cons

We ultimately moved away from FunctionFox because it was not able to integrate into our billing software. We also needed a tool that would be double as a task manager.

Jane from Beauly Station Ltd

Great product

Pros

My partner had used Function Fox in a previous company and found it useful. We found it much easier to use than alternative products we used elsewhere so returned to Function Fox as soon as we had the opportunity.

Cons

Would prefer to have the company name rather than an organisation no.

Amanda from Bspk communications

You can get the same for cheaper / free

Overall it gets the job done but could be cheaper as there are free alternatives that do almost all of the same things

Pros

Organization between workers / projects

Cons

Cost is too high for value received, needs more free features

Brenda from Black Raven Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

FunctionFox for Architects

My billing is generally by the hour, and so the "timer" feature is extremely helpful when working on multiple projects in a day. I also like that I can set up email reminders if I forget to fill out my timesheet.

Pros

I have a small but growing architecture practice. I tried several project management and timekeeping and accounting programs before finding FunctionFox. I have been using it for a little over a year now. It allows me to do everything in one place, from job estimating to invoicing. The most important feature I was looking for, and was having trouble finding elsewhere, was an "resource availability" function, that would keep me from scheduling myself or my employees for 180 hours/week. FunctionFox has definitely improved my organizing skills with its to do lists and progress reports. The customer service has been excellent, and the interface is easy to use and clearly organized. I recommend it for any firm, but especially small start ups.

Cons

Still waiting for Gantt charts. Then I think it will be perfect. They are used extensively in construction scheduling, and I would like to have the same format when scheduling the design.

April 2016

Subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made

For several years, I have used FunctionFox every day, to record my time and manage my projects. I found setup really simple, and day-to-day use is a cinch – I record my time with FunctionFox’s timer, which makes it easy to switch between clients and projects. Generating reports takes seconds, and FunctionFox has let me cut admin time that I used to spend searching through old emails and scribbled notes to do my billing. With FunctionFox, once I’ve entered my time, I can use the information for loads of things: to create more accurate estimates for similar projects; to track my actual time against my estimates (very useful for keeping clients informed); to create and adjust invoices; and to show clients exactly what I’ve done for them.

Pros

Since I started using FunctionFox, I’ve captured significantly more billable hours every month to. I find this program to be simple, flexible and really affordable. Also, customer service is completely free, with a service rep assigned specifically to me. That means I can always talk to someone who understands my business whenever I have a question, as often as I need, completely free. All in all, subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I’ve made.

Cons

If you’re looking for a product with all possible bells and whistles, you may need to keep looking. You can export data from FunctionFox to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren’t built in.

James from Client Technology Solutions LLC

Love the task assignment feature.

We love the features of FunctionFox. The program has worked flawlessly since we got it, and on the rare occasion we got stuck on a feature, their staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

The best thing about this program is that you can assign tasks to individual employees. This allows for better tracking of project time, and the mobile app gives you the option to do that even if you aren’t in the office. The ability to create an unlimited number of clients and projects is an even greater bonus. The emailing of tasks also helps greatly with time management.

Cons

As we only needed it for time tracking, we haven’t encountered any negative things to say about this project. There are more features that we just don’t need, so perhaps slim lining the program would be helpful to make it more sleek-looking.

Heather from Drink Michigan / Entente Spirits

A great Time & Expense tracking tool for small-ish agencies and freelancers

more accurate billing

Pros

I implemented this software when I owned my own agency of 1 full-time and 2 part-time staff. It helped tremendously to track the time spent on projects and more accurate billing. No more paper time sheets! I always had accurate data when a Client asked "how much time do we have into this". They have great customer service and is fairly reasonable in price even for smaller shops. Reporting is robust. Pretty user-friendly.

Cons

It's missing the Project Management piece. At least in tracking To Do's like Basecamp does. I wish I could have 1 software that does both of these things.

Jacquie from Suburbia Studios

Use FunctionFox and Make Life Easier

Pros

As an Account Manager/Office Manager I can't imagine how I would get through my day without FunctionFox. I use the action function weekly to prepare for our Monday traffic meetings and keep this up-to-date throughout the week, so I always know the status of my client projects. Running reports for monthly billing and using the invoicing tool has saved hours of time! The ability to run current client reports as well as reports from archived jobs allows me to see how time was spent, capturing billable time and expenses, and is also a great tool in preparing estimates. As easy as it is to use, if you do need help, the customer service at FunctionFox is unbeatable! Signing up for FunctionFox is one decision you absolutely won't regret.

Cons

Really there is nothing I don't like about FunctionFox it's a great product and fulfills the requirements I use it for.

Helen from Punch Creative

Super Simple CRM Solution

Pros

We love this software, it's quick, easy and very cost effective. We easily input our data into it, the fields are all editable so is bespoke to us. We haven't had to ask for much support as the software is so easy to use, but when we did the help was fast, helpful and friendly. Function Fox has made the studio run far more efficiently, team members can book jobs in quickly and time sheets are super fast. The retainer option has been really useful too, we can also report on staff productivity and ensure timesheets are being filled out.

Cons

Having worked with the software for a few months I cannot find any flaws with it, we researched many CRM software solutions and most were too expensive or too complex for our needs, Function Fox gives us the option to have a basic CRM system with add-ons available if we want to expand features.

Jeremie from SportsArt.ca

FunctionFox Keeps Project Management for Creative Teams Simple

We have used FunctionFox for time and expense tracking for over 15 years. I am an early adopter and have been blown away by their consistent customer service. Their team of great people support this solid product.

Pros

Great UI, very intuitive for designers and account people. Timesheets are painless and now our expenses don’t slip through the cracks. Absolutely pays for itself. Everything an ad agency or design firm needs!

Michael from Nevin Copywriting

Industry: Writing and Editing

Good if used properly

It's a very nice way to properly track time spent on projects, clients, etc. Over the course of the year, you can see where you've gone over on hours and where you might want to dedicate more time. When you give clients a certain amount of time per month, having software like this is essential for tracking purposes.

Pros

Cons

Nothing in particular comes to mind. It is solid software for time tracking.

Vicki from ADK Executive Search and Consulting

Helps to Manage Time Spent on Client Projects

When dealing with clients and billing them, this is a great product. It's reasonably priced, easy to use and improves our billing, which helps not only our company, but gives our clients the assurance that we are billing appropriately and accurately.

Pros

This product keeps track of all of my notes on my clients' projects. This helps to ensure that my billing is accurate.

Cons

This product is not accessible when the internet is down. It would be great to have a resident version on my computer when internet is out.

Kathryn from Hayden Consulting Engineers

Office Manager has 100% positive review

Pros

As a company we like how easy the program is to use, both for time tracking projects, and for tracking payroll. If we encounter a problem anywhere while using this system (for example changes in billing rates) we contact customer support and help is offered right away.

Cons

As a company we have experienced no negative issues while using this software. We have used the software for 3 years now and are very happy.

Bonney from Suburbia Studios

I have been using FunctionFox for over 10 years and it's made me a better Producer!

Pros

FunctionFox is easy to use, very intuitive and is a real time-saver. I especially like all the reports I can run. The "Action Report" in particular has made our weekly Traffic Meetings more efficient, with everyone starting the week on the same page.

Cons

It would be great to be able to generate Purchase Orders. Also, it would be helpful, and more efficient, if you could upload more than one file at a time to Flink.

Sherry from Harquin Creative Group

It's a Game Changer

We absolutely love using Function Fox. It's quickly become a habit and we find that our workflow is more accurately tracked and therefore we have a better handle on capturing all time spent for invoicing as well as a monitor for how we allocate our time! Personally, I love clocking out for the day and seeing my billable hour total. Makes me feel very productive and efficient. Also for retainer clients, it's very effective in generating the monthly report; easily documenting and validating time spent. I highly recommend this online tool to agencies of all sizes. We jumped right into using it and it took no time at all to learn. It's very easy and user-friendly. It's a game changer and we feel much more in control and profitable as a result. Sherry Bruck, President, Harquin Creative Group

Pros

The timekeeping tools. Love the way it interacts with the Client, Project, Task and the ability to edit.

Cons

I've had to disengage the hourly rate recording because very often we adjust that when reporting and invoicing to clients. Therefore we haven't figured out a way to invoice directly from the software. Also, I wish Outlook calendar could somehow be linked to the Function Fox calendar.

My agency uses FunctionFox daily to log our time and track our progress.

Pros

I like the detailed reporting, the action assignment process, the time entry process, and the ease of entering estimates.

Cons

It's a little tricky teaching people to use the software when they first start their job at my agency - we utilize learn as you go "training." Maybe the help center could compile all of their articles into one giant article like a giant FunctionFox guide for new users.

Cheryl from River Valley Architects, Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Product!

I had used Function Fox at my previous employer and when I started with this architect firm they were tracking time another way and it was very easy for me to convince them to make the switch. I'm so glad because it has made my job so much easier here!

Pros

Very simple to learn and use. You can customize reports for your specific needs. Cost is very affordable. Customer Support - outstanding!

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about it.

richard from TopFire Media

Function Fox lets our team accurately compile hours worked on projects

Pros

I like the ease of use, the mobile app and the depth of functionality within the platform. I can see the teams hours and write descriptions on exactly what is being worked on

Cons

I would love to have the ability to post time on multiple projects at once. This would help when the same projects are being done for multiple projects and time just needs to be split.

Siobhan from Hearts On Fire

Great PM resource for small team

Pros

This system is perfect for small teams to track all of their projects, create schedules, and run status reports!

Cons

They recently made an update and removed a key feature for our team. There is a feature called Flink where we were able to send emails regarding the project to anyone. Since the entire department doesnt have access this was a fantastic feature that was taken away and they definitely need to bring it back. Our files our too large to upload to the system so for our teams use not having that easy email feature causes more work.

Robert from Idol Design

Function helped me increase my monthly billings by 25%.

The support has been outstanding and someone quickly responds to questions and offers personalized help. They have built a great team and it is a joy to work with them

Pros

The site is easy to use, and after a couple of months, it cut my billing time down to a couple of hours. The ability to quickly show a client a list of billing actives listed by date, demonstates how the time was spent and has emilinated billing adjustments.

Cons

Like any new system it took a short period of adjustment, but the learning curve is minimal. I have not had any negatives .

Leigh from Zinc Strategies

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Everything works, it's easy, and even kind of fun

Ease of time tracking multiple tasks on multiple projects for multiple clients.

Pros

Very user-friendly, easy to use. Allows for flexibility in choosing reports to print/save/share. Flexibility also in going back to add in hours on a day when you might have forgotten them. Terrific customer support - first in the "getting started" tutorial/hand-holding, to any follow up questions.

Cons

There is really nothing to "not like", from my experience with FunctionFox. I've been using it for about two years, and have had no negative experiences with it.

Edwin from Summit AEC

Well set up and effective

Tracks time and makes it easy for people to log their hours. Produces higher quality reports than other tools. Has built in intelligence to detect start and end dates of projects.

Pros

FunctionFox has a great ability to slice and dice information on timed tasks once they are captured. I also have really enjoyed the email reminders on days when you don't log time. Overall, it seems to work consistently, once everything is set up.

Cons

User interface is confusing for most new users. A lot of the information shows on the lower half of the screen which is non-intuitive and creates confusion. The setup can be a little tedious and integrations with other tools (such as ticketing systems, salesforce) would be valuable.

Gail

Fantastic product that suits our small business needs

Pros

Easy of use, intuitive design, great customer support when needed. We have been able to service our customers needs so much easier since using the software, being able to access information quickly and log information easily.

Cons

It would be useful to be able to produce a report on projects without actions. At present this cannot be done

Amanda from AWMD

Great for agencies

Pros

I was excited to find FunctionFox designed for creatives, I had been searching for time tracking and project management suited to my work flow and set up. I can customize projects and tasks to clients, build teams, invoice and run reports to see which tasks are taking the most time or if we need to readjust a project budget. When I wanted to do something and couldn't figure it out, their customer service was prompt and friendly. I have been using FunctionFox for 2 years, it is an essential tool that makes managing staff and clients easier, and I love the new look!

Elliott from TriAd Marketing & Media

Great time management software

Great time tracking/management software.

Pros

Cons

Because this is web based it sometimes locks up or we can't access it if our internet is out. A very minor problem that rarely happens.

July 2016

Janette from Lilly Pulitzer

July 2016

Function Fox Review

As a newly hired Production Supervisor I was on the hunt for scheduling software to meet the needs of a growing design department. After reviewing dozens of options I decided on Function Fox and our entire team is LOVING it! Shane Sihota, our FF Account Manager is a gem! I cannot speak highly enough about Shane and the entire experience. Any questions I have are answered quickly and Shane always jumps at any opportunity to make MY day easier! This day in age, it's almost surprising to come across someone so upbeat and positive! I've recommended FF to everyone I know in a Project Management roll. FF far exceeds other software options. The capabilities are robust but the interface is clean and user-friendly. As new designers join our team I'm able to get them setup and trained within a day. The personal "To-Do" lists are incredibly effective in managing everyone's daily schedule. We went from chaos to controlled organization in a couple of weeks!

Pros

Interface, capabilities, options for customization, user-friendly (particularly the "to-do" lists)

Cons

The ONLY "complaint" I have is that it's not super clear where to click to customize the "To-Do" list. Once Shane pointed it out, we're all clear.

Angela from Lunar Strategies

Love it!

I've been using FunctionFox for years. I used it at my previous job and convinced my employer of the last decade to use it shortly after I came onboard. It keeps getting better. The new interface is very user friendly. It's a affordable solution for our company.

Pros

New, user-friendly, modern interface Very affordable Great reporting options Easy to use Love the CEO Desktop

June 2016

Chad from Klar Kreativ

June 2016

A Great Solution!

For many months I was looking for a project management solution, trying multiple products, over 20, and none of the products had everything I was looking for until I stumbled upon FunctionFox. I signed up for the trial service and while I was navigating through to figure out if it was the correct solution, one of their advisor, Isaac, gave me a call, just to thank me for signing up and see if they could be of any assistant. Of course I did, and we began a walk through of the service. Needless to say at the end of the call I was hooked and use FunctionFox to this day.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to navigate through and use on a daily basis. Its a great platform that includes rates, customers, job numbers, time tracker, to-do-list, reports, calendar, etc. Very pleased with this service.

Christian from CO&P Integrated Marketing division of DRUM

This is a good time keeping software for those who are in marketing, but it could be improved.

Pros

The cost of the software is at a good price. I can easily set new people up on the software and it is easy to train them to use it. Most of them use it without problems.

Cons

The help menu needs to be improved. And I am limited as to the number of clients that appear in the timekeeping section. I have to archive clients before I can add new ones because the new ones will not show up in the timekeeping section. I would like more features.

Mike from Mode Project

Really great time tracking software for a small business

Pros

What I like most about this is the email alerts when you are approaching the limit on a specific project. This is great to give our producer a heads up when hours reach a specific threshold.

Cons

I thought that the interface for entering time was more complicated than I would like for our end users. Sometimes all you want for a use is the hours and the job, and not bother them with entering any other info

Great product with tons of features

Pros

The best part about this software is tracking your hours via timesheet. If you're good at managing your time, you can just input the hours you've worked on a project or simply hit a timer and it will track your hours until you've turned the timer off. Also love the actions within projects, meaning more people can work seamlessly within 1 project at the same time.

Cons

It can be quite intimidating at first, so you will definitely need someone more experienced to teach you how to use the software. The search option is great but when clicking on projects that are older, it doesn't take you to the project itself, but back to your actions & assignments (could be a bug on my end).

Response from FunctionFox

Replied September 2018

Hi and thank you so much for your positive review... we truly value your feedback. We would like to help you with the "bug" you're experiencing. Please email service@functionfox.com and we can help you or let us know who you are/ what company and we can call you. Thanks!

Siobhan from Hearts on Fire

Great PM for small teams

On year 3 of using FF and has been super helpful

Pros

Very easy to use and great system for small teams. Updating projects is easy and I love how customizable this tool is for your team.

Cons

I wish creating schedule templates was easier

Bruce

Time Sheets and Project Management Without Tears

As a creative, FunctionFox makes time sheets as painless as possible. As a producer and project manager, instant access to every invoice, expense, supplier, project scope and description, is absolutely invaluable. Imagine: Quoting without darts! Estimates without any ballparks!

Pros

I can use FunctionFox simply - timesheets and expense tracking and it's light and easy to use and has a very short learning curve. But if I want to dig in at any time, it's way ahead of me with all kinds of features. The customer service is - get this - actual humans who care, who really know their product, who get to know you, and who aren't happy until you're happy. Lots of app makers have neglected any meaningful idea of true Customer Service - FunctionFox exemplifies best practices.

Cons

Not many that I can think of - especially after the redesign!

Jennie from Used.ca

April 2016

My business made more money by using FunctionFox!

I used to manually track my time for each job, but when I started using FunctionFox and it's handy stopwatch feature, I was amazed at how much extra time I was actually spending on projects. This new information allowed me to better estimate jobs and accurately bill my clients. Accurate billing brought more financial stability to my small business. It pays for itself, keeps me organized and I love the new rebranded user interface too!

Pros

The design is strong and aesthetically pleasing along with easy-to-use intuitive features. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Customer service is phenomenal! Best time-tracking software I've used, hands down.

Cons

No complaints to report at this time.

Kathy from Bynums Marketing & Communications, Inc.

Great proclaim to help me stay on track.

Function Fox is a great program for helping you track hours and tasks. Also, the customer service team is very responsive and very helping in answering any questions I have had over the years.

Pros

The ease of use.

Brendan from Relic

Good software for tracking

Pros

The nice thing about FunctionFox is that it is simple to use and does a good job with tracking projects. The built in function that allows email messages to be sent to people working on projects is a great feature.

Cons

The software seemed a little over the top. Many of the available functions seemed kind of unnecessary and just cluttered the space. That would be my only complaint, but perhaps there is a market where the additional functions are used.

Bonney from Suburbia Studios

I Love FunctionFox!

I'm a huge fan of FunctionFox. As a Production/Traffic Manager in a busy little shop it keeps me organized and on top of things. I've been using it faithfully for over nine years and quite frankly, it's made me a better manager. I don't go a day without taking my vitamins and the same goes for FunctionFox. True fact. Every Monday morning I generate work in progress (WIP) and to do lists for our weekly Production/Traffic meetings. Nothing keeps agency folks more organized and on track than starting their week off on the same page, with the same goals. FuncitonFox helps us do that. Besides using it for my daily time sheets, I use it to set up meetings, briefings and brainstorming sessions; produce cost reports (past and present); and to reference specs and costs for printing, manufacturing and other hard costs. It gives me the complete picture in one quick and handy place. I also use the calendars to see what's hot for the day or what's not; what needs my immediate attention and what I can push to the side of my desk for the moment. The best thing about FunctionFox is that I can use it as little or as much as I need on any given day. I'm not a slave to it. It works for me and I love having it in my toolbox. Makes me look better at this job than I probably am. Also a true fact.

Peigi from Freelance writer

Absolutely Indispensable

Pros

TimeFox is incredibly easy to set up and use, even for timesheet haters like me. As a freelancer, managing time on multiple projects is critical. This program makes estimating new projects, tracking time and expenses, and managing workflow a cinch. I’m capturing time that I used to forget about, and billing takes minutes instead of hours. Also, TimeFox is web-based, so I can access it when I’m on the road. And this company really knows the meaning of customer service. They provide it free, any time I need it, and I get to talk to a real person who actually knows the product. Like I said, indispensable.

Cons

If you’re looking for something with all the possible bells and whistles, this might not be for you. TimeFox lets you export data to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren’t built in

Peigi from Freelance writer

Absolutely Indispensable

Bruce from Suburbia Studios

Timesheet and Project Management Without Tears

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Outstanding, personalized customer service from real people. As a creative, it makes keeping timesheets as painless as possible. As a producer, it makes tracking previous expenses, suppliers, actual costs, etc. a dream.

Cons

They keep adding (useful!) features and I don't always find time to stay up to date to make sure my current practices couldn't be helped by their upgrades. More me than them, really.

Kate from McQuillen Creative Group

Great Product!

After ten years of using in-house designed software, we made the switch to FF at the beginning of the year, and it was relatively painless! All of my staff have commented that it is easy to learn and use, and they were correctly opening/closing new projects and tracking their time within the first week. There are a few functionalities missing which would make it easier for me to run monthly billing reports and export for Quickbooks, but the training staff was very patient and helpful in assisting me in setting up some advance, custom reports to bridge the gap. Our dedicated "on-boarder" support staff person is excellent - responsiveness and support is a big plus here!

Pros

Ease of use; breadth of functionalities

Cons

Not as flexible with its exports for Quickbooks as I would like. I hate the fact that I have to run out monthly invoices one by one and can't just run out all the projects with time logged in at once.

Katelyn from Advertising agency

Love this software!

Pros

Timefox is so easy to track and run reports with to-the-minute results. User-friendly and nice to look at too!

Cons

Wish it was easier to use retainer tracking feature, there are a few reports that don't show up how I would like them in this view.

Peyton from Hummingbird Ideas

Simple but powerful time management system

Pros

This system is remarkably malleable. My small agency is able to work quite efficiently within its capabilities. While we don't use it to generate quotes, that functionality would likely be useful to many. I came from another agency with a much slower, more primitive timesheet system, and I found myself dragging each month to get my time in by the 30th. Function Fox is super easy, and I find that it takes me no time at all to track my time for each day.

Cons

I haven't run into many cons to using Function Fox, but admittedly, I've only ever worked with one other system, which was WAY worse. I think my only hangup with FF is that the interface can be a little bit clunky, but I can't imagine a time management system that isn't.