All Hubstaff Reviews

Jen

Marketing and Advertising, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

The ONE software you need to track your remote staff

Ashish

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

The best Employee Monitoring Software in Market for Remote Employees

It was a great experience, the software is scalable and affordable. It only adds cost upon usage which is critical.

PROS

As a company with lots of employees working remotely for us, we need strong software to monitor employees' performance and act according to the efficiency analysis. Its best feature is idle time management which helps you know if some employee is sitting idle.

CONS

Customer support is delayed a bit. We sometimes faced problems with Windows computers, this is somewhere Hubstaff needs to work it more user-friendly for Windows.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Cross OS compatibility is comparatively much more smooth in Hubstaff.

Roldan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Using Hubstaff for 5 years more. Seem it has improved!

Really just fine. What more should I look for as a freelancer who just need to track time for a project. Then send a a simple invoice at the end. As far as I'm concerned, I have a good experience with the app. If I have to suggest, maybe as a UX/UI Designer, they can enhance the looks an feel of the software to make it more professional and appealing to users.

PROS

Straightforward. Just the thing you need, you'll find it. Pretty much like any other time tracking software - as freelancer it has screen capture, invoicing, offline tracking and all...

CONS

It's just straight forward. Maybe they can add quick chat for client. Instead of additional login to browser when you need to quick communicate with your client.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

I'm switching from Hubstaff and Time Doctor before. But eventually, stayed with Clockify. I don't know but Clockify is just a the right cocktails of simplicity, interface appeal, reliability and being slick.

Hey Roldan, thank you for submitting this review for Hubstaff! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Hubstaff for your time tracking needs. We want to continually improve the platform and our offerings, so we do welcome all feedback onboard. Please feel free to go to https://roadmap.hubstaff.com/ and add any ideas for features to be implemented.

Replied March 2022

Annie

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Worst Customer Service, and Not Working for online time tracking

Very poor and disappointing, i hope the management can take time reading my feedback. I want to cancel my service.

PROS

CONS

I used to like husbtaff until i've got a problem of not getting it work and tried to sort this with customer service but they are very poort in attending yoiur enquiries, and they don't have a voice support. Imagine having technology but no one can walk you through to fix the issue.

Shlomi

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Excellent Product

In the rare instances where I've needed assistance, HubStaff's customer support has been responsive and helpful. Their team is dedicated to resolving issues promptly, ensuring that I can get back to work without any disruptions.

PROS

As a manager of a companymanaging multiple projects and clients, the HubStaff time tracking software has proven to be an absolute game-changer for my business. Its seamless integration, user-friendly interface, and robust features have made tracking time for billing purposes a breeze, while its detailed reports have empowered me to make more informed business decisions

CONS

As a devoted user of HubStaff, I've found the platform to be an invaluable asset in streamlining my time tracking and billing processes. However, I believe there's a significant opportunity for improvement by incorporating features that align with Israeli finance laws. Israel has unique regulatory requirements, and integrating these into HubStaff would undoubtedly elevate the platform's appeal for users in this region.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

ease of usage for my employees pricing model reports for me as a manager

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

employee work attendance application

the application has helped to increase productivity and saving other resources since pay is based on hours worked at the of month

PROS

hubstaff is a good attendance application, i like its online attendance sheets, and its ability to computer payroll based on working days makes it nice, it's so easy to use with a friendly interface

CONS

using the application to spy on employees may bring in organizational conflicts, and its needs data before running it

Dejan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Productivity booster

It is a great product if you spent some time explaining the advantages to your colleagues. Otherwise, I might be seen as a tool that violates personal privacy and narrowly measures company productivity.

PROS

easy to use, stable desktop app, great visualizations and statistics, many possibilities for integration with another tools

CONS

some functionalities within this product are not fully customizable (e.g. idle time is set to min of 5 minutes), more flexibility would be great (e.g. you can`t enable or disable idle timer or disable manual adding/editing records within specific project/task.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

This tool provides more options and comes with some important features that we haven`t found anywhere else.

Hi Dejan, Thanks for your feedback! We absolutely agree that it is important to have a conversation with your team in regards to the software and its capabilities to ensure they are on the same page and do not feel that it invades their privacy. We understand that this type of conversation can be difficult and time consuming so we put a guide together to help with the transition https://support.hubstaff.com/transition-your-business-to-hubstaff/ If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help. Thanks again! Sarah

Replied August 2019

Jisselle

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

I have used Hubstaff for over 2 years

I love it! Still use it and recommend to other colleagues.

PROS

I like that it comes with the integrated time doctor, detailed reports for the team activity & productivity, as well as the recruitment Hubstaff Talent platform, I'd say it's the best remote hiring platform. Have found many employees from there.

CONS

There's no payroll integration with Payoneer. It's tough to do payroll with limited options.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

Hubstaff Talent & Task Manager.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

The freelancer platform was better. Upwork is too costly to post jobs.

Luis Daniel

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Awesome tool to track productivity

PROS

This is by far the most robust time tracking software I've ever tested. I love the screenshot taking feature and how easy is to create new tasks

CONS

I don't like that the pricing model is not per user, so let's say you have 6 employees you need to get the 10 employees plan instead of adding just one additional user.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Paymo has no way to track activity level or screenshots

Hi Luis, Thanks for the feedback! It is great to hear that you are enjoying software and screenshot feature. In regards to the pricing model we understand that our current pricing model may not fit everyone which is why we are adding a per user plan shortly. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help. Thanks again! Sarah

Replied August 2019

Mohit

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Tracking progress of candidates and project with their daily activities.

PROS

This was the most usable product for my team in the lockdown period. We have successfully managed the team remotely in the whole lockdown period. The time tracking and screenshots of the screen is a most useful feature.

CONS

It removes the collaboration of the basecamp app. It is having a difference in time calculation of candidate and admin (as received multiple complaints from the team).

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

Cost of integration and a lesser understanding of the product.

Amir

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Amazing product and even more amazing support team

PROS

It was a perfect fit for us as we have teams in 3 different locations (all remote) and their tools give us an eagle eye view of everything that is going on. I used to use a competitor of theirs a few years ago and when I tried out Hubstaff, noticed they are leaps and bounds above them. Service second to none. Chat 24-7-365, respond in under a minute and 9/10 resolve your issues on the spot.

CONS

Seriously cant think of a flaw at this juncture

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

TimeDr looked exactly like it did 3 years ago and at the rate tech is improving, that does not age well.

Hello Amir, thank you for taking the time out of your day, in order to leave us this review. I just wanted to provide a little correction, to make it clear for other customers, our live chat is available 24 hours a day over the weekdays. We provide support over email during the weekends. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us this review and we hope you will carry on having a productive and enjoyable experience using the platform.

Replied June 2022

Anand

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

xcriptech review

PROS

easy to use and screenshot feature, add/remove people

CONS

popups which are displayed when login to subscribe the additonal addons

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

they do not have option to capture screenshots.

Lesily

Capital Markets, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Good site to look for remote work

PROS

I can look for work easily by just displaying my skills, employers will come looking

CONS

Its a bit complicated at first as you need a reputation to get noticed

Tia

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

Best Time Tracking and Invoicing Software

Easy to navigate, easy to learn, many options for invoicing, many options for tasks/clients/projects.

PROS

I use Hubstaff daily to track my clients, tasks, and invoices. They're always there to help and very easy to work with. 100% recommended for any virtual workers!

CONS

Sometimes I need to make adjustments to time entered and it won't allow me. But I've found a work around and I'm sure this will be updated soon.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

I loved the trial and it does everything my business needs.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

More options better pricing.

Hi there Tia, glad you find Hubstaff easy to use. Don't hesitate to email our team at support@hubstaff.com if you need any help. Thanks and always be safe.

Replied January 2022

Zachary

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Winning with Hubstaff

Great experience. Love the company and the staff.

PROS

We have an overseas team of Filipino employees that are amazing and Hubstaff really helps us with Time and Activity tracking. They are so trustworthy, but it's nice to know that they are actually doing their jobs correctly. The screen capture software enabled us to solve an internal dispute about managing some finances and resulted in one employee being let go and another employee promoted -- all this was verifiable because of the time tracking as well as activity tracking software.

CONS

I would really like it if more integrations were allowed within the Hubstaff standard program. The functionality for the price should be included.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

It aligned more with our goals of time tracking and employee monitoring.

Benjamín

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Hubstaff is a very cool and light tool for time tracking

As a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software, Hubstaff does a great job. It does help many companies keep track of their employees and is pretty comprehensive and even fun to use (when you look at it form the browser). Aside from the archaic Windows app, which has many problems, I have no complaints.

PROS

I've only used Hubstaff for time tracking with my company, I've never used it individually, but I've worked with it with two separate companies so far (as a freelancer), and when comparing it to other time tracking and monitoring tools, I find Hubstaff to be one of the most easy to use and amenable. The thing I like the most is the comprehensive user experience from my end, though I can't speak for admins. As a worker I enjoy being in control and up-to-date with my activity.

CONS

I would say that working with Hubstaff can get a little pressuring because of the activity system in place. What I mean is that I understand the way they measure activity but I do believe that looking for an activity sign every second can be very daunting, especially when some affiliate companies look for activity percentages higher than 80% for their employees. This forces many freelancers into a burnout trying to achieve these impossible productivity standards. Of course, Hubstaff can't claim responsability for what its users decide to do with it, but since it's fairly understandable that we (as workers) don't necessarily press keys or move the mouse at all times, maybe it would be better if they counted one activity sign every two (2) seconds, for example. Or if they offered ways to take breaks that were a direct part of the software and not something entirely at the discretion of one's employer. Hubstaff is great, but its current system does seem to favor employers more than employees, in my opnion, and this could lead to exploitation. Another thing is that the Windows app really needs an update, it has many bugs and doesn't look well on the UX side. There should be more options, not just an outdated-looking time tracker.

Lady Marie

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Unlock Efficiency & Maximize Productivity with Hubstaff Software!

Yes, I have had a great experience with Hubstaff. It is one of the most efficient and easy-to-use management tools that I have ever used. The web-based dashboard makes it very simple to track employee hours, projects, tasks, and more in one central location. Additionally, the reporting capabilities make it easy to review progress and identify areas of improvement. The customer service team has also been very helpful and responsive to my questions. All-in-all, Hubstaff is a great tool that I would highly recommend.

PROS

My team really appreciated the intuitive user interface and easy to understand features of this software. We found it very helpful in streamlining our workflow and making tasks easier to complete. Additionally, we liked that the software was highly customizable, allowing us to tailor it according to our specific needs. Furthermore, the customer support team was available 24/7 which provided us with great peace of mind. Overall, we found this software to be a great solution for our business needs.

CONS

The pricing of the software is on the high side, and some of the features appear to be a bit advanced for my needs. Additionally, I find the interface difficult to navigate and understand at times.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

We chose Hubstaff over other tools because of its comprehensive set of features and user-friendly interface. It was easy to set up and manage, the dashboard is intuitive and the support team is very helpful. We've been using it for several months now and overall we are quite pleased with our experience. It has improved our team’s productivity by providing us with real-time tracking information, enabling us to monitor our team’s activities and progress.

Le-an Lai