All Notion Reviews

Cagri

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Managed the Transitioning to Notion and It Improved Our Productivity

Notion helped us centralize project management, documentation, and knowledge base into a single place. Now we have a strong way of doing things and documenting the knowledge across teams.

PROS

Customizable databases and different views make it pretty easy to manage resources and documents. The new "projects" feature was something I had been looking forward to for months, and finally, we have it.

CONS

Some team members find it a bit difficult to start with. Getting the whole team to adapt using Notion took a while.

Intuitive User Interface and customizable features

Reasons for switching to Notion

Notion already had project management features. We moved all the projects from Asana to Notion and ended our Asana subscription.

Bolarinwa

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A Game-changing Project Management and Note-taking Management Platform.

It is simple to conduct online meeting with Notion.I can easily run and get my work done quickly with Notion.It enables ease of notes taking while in meeting.It's reliable and convenient for project planning.

PROS

It is simple to get started and running quickly with Notion.With Notion,I can easily create stunning documents in real-time.Again,I can customize Notion according to my needs.It helps me to organize and manage my daily tasks and projects efficiently.

CONS

So far everything about Notion works perfectly leaving me with absolutely nothing to dislike.

Christopher

Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Possibly the most popular knowledge management tool, but privacy concerns

Notion is quite powerful and very popular tool. But perhaps one can easily get too lost in configuring and templating their spaces instead of just using the core function of documentation. I'm no longer using it because of privacy issues.

PROS

One of the strengths of Notion is its flexibility. Users can create databases, tables, and lists with ease, and customize them with different views, filters, and sorting options. The platform also allows for rich media embedding, so users can add images, videos, and files to their notes and pages. It has a very generous education discount for both students and teachers.

CONS

While Notion is highly customizable, this can also be a weakness for some users. The platform's flexibility means that users need to spend a considerable amount of time setting up and configuring their workspace to meet their needs, which can be time-consuming and distracting.There are also privacy concerns. I remember a few reddit threads where users requested for support and they were surprised how easy it was for them to access their workspace after giving verbal/textual permission.Performance is also an issue. Complex or large workspaces can be extremely slow.

Reason for choosing Notion

Notion was the most popular and quite possibly has the most features. But I'm no longer using it because of privacy concerns.

Jessica

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Notion is a fully customizable project-management solution

Overall I am very pleased with Notion, as we have successfully built a functional project management system that serves as a well-oiled system for managing our company's workflow. The pricing is significantly less than well-known alternatives.

PROS

I like that Notion allows full customization in building the databases, and does not force you into a pre-determined template like other project management systems. While the trade-off is more time spent up front learning how Notion works and building out the templates, it is worth it to have everything tailored to your business.

CONS

The biggest drawback was the time it took to build out our Notion databases, and figure out how we should do it. There was a learning curve, and we are continually figuring new things out. Also, we really wish Notion and Google Calendar would sync, because Notion's Calendar lacks the functionality and aesthetic qualities of Google.

Reason for choosing Notion

Pricing and customizability ultimately won out over Basecamp and Asana. I like having a tailored system.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Asana was too expensive, and I felt that customization options were very limited.

Carolann

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Intimidating at first but well worth it!

PROS

I love how customizable Notion is. The workspace can be 100% tailored to my individual work needs, which maximizes my efficiency.

CONS

Initially, Notion can be intimidating. It’s hard to know where to start and how to begin creating the perfect workspace, but once you do start it ends up being intuitive.

Stephanie

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

The Ideal "Everything" Tracker

PROS

Notion has made both my professional and personal life so much more organized. I love all of the formatting options (to-do lists, tables, etc.) I also love that you can add some nice aesthetic features (custom header photos, icons, etc.) to each page to personalize it. I've found the databases to be incredibly useful in tracking projects and I find checking items off the to-do lists to be very satisfying. I also love using it for note-taking because I can create lists, color-code, etc. within each list to make it easier to digest and act on in my professional work.

CONS

Sometimes I can't get the formatting to work quite as I hope -- it's not always as intuitive as I want it to be. I also wish it had full functionality while offline.

Marit

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

One of the best notes apps out there!

PROS

I love the look of Notion, it's very clean and minimal. So many options, styles, templates, structures... It has it all!

CONS

It had a bit of a learning curve for me because of the amount of options. I'm also still confused about the columns option.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Notion has a lot more options and features

Thomas

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

A one stop solution for complete customer management

It has been really fun seting up, intergrating with all of our other services - and very simple to. It's plug and play and you're good to go.

PROS

Notion has evolved incredibly over the years. With more and more intergrations, it lies at the central core of our customer journey. Providing complete up-to-date real time data, collaboration tools. active monitoring to name just a few. Acting as a complete solution for our needs, it also serves as a convenient database housed under one roof. Add to that the versatility of Notion, there's not much that cannot be achieved.

CONS

As I mentioned. above, for everything that you can do in Notion, its difficult to fault. Even the pricing is very fair.

Jayson

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ employees

Financial Tools

Even though it has a bug/glitch sometimes, I really like the notion since it helps us everyday on our job

PROS

It's easy to use and we can search easily using a specific keywords that we're searching.

CONS

Too much article/pages and kinda confusing sometimes

Notion - All in One Workspace

PROS

One of the features that I like most about in Notion is its flexibility. Notion provides customizable templates and blocks and allow you to create a workspace according to your needs.

CONS

it is little bit complex for first time users and occasionally has performance issues.

Alson

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

PROS

The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

CONS

There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

Reason for choosing Notion

Notion is not just a todo app but allow you create a wiki and knowledge base on it as well.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Things is a Apple-only software and some of my staffs use Windows instead.

Lirim

Biotechnology, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

One of the best productivity apps for anyone who wants to keep themself productive.

Absolutely amazing. My life is so much easier and I get now more time to spend with my family thanks to Notion.

PROS

NOTION is a true lifesaver productivity app for anyone who really cares to deliver the best of him/her by the end of the day. Once you open the app you will have option to customize the pages you see on the left side, create new ones, include links, add people who you work with, tag them, add pictures, prioritize your tasks, set deadlines and set a reminder for every deadline you set of. It basically has everything I would ask for, almost perfect and it saves me a lot of time by keeping me organize throughout the day.

CONS

The only thing I like the least about this software is the font, it has very limited fonts to choose from. I wish they had more.

Reason for choosing Notion

Ease of use, very popular, lots of options to customize based on your needs, and it gives you 14 days free trial which is perfect for people who are trying to figure out what app is the best for them.

Reasons for switching to Notion

It's not very affordable for people like me who use it very often. Not a lot of options.

Reviewed October 2022

All in one Editor

Using it as my go-to tool for note-taking, project tracking, and sharing a common knowledge base across people. Use it for personal use cases for tracking my startup growth.

PROS

Excellent note-taking tool. Good for document storage and sharing. It also has a feature profile management, for personal and company usage. Files can be shared and made available publically. Good pre-defined setup for project tracking and management. My personal favorite is the Page icon and the cover icon of the page. Amazing community and pre-defined templates available for all general use cases.

CONS

It just can't be used directly, and comes with a decent learning curve. More integrations with tools needed, also support for more coding languages.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Amazing UI and UX of notion and a very big and active community.

Hasan

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

versatile and powerful tool to help you organize your docs, and manage your tasks

I find it to be a very versatile and powerful tool that has greatly improved my ability to organize and manage my work. The clean interface, availability on multiple platforms, and the variety of integrations with other tools and services make it a pleasure to use.In many ways, I consider it to be the new Google Drive, but with more flexibility and customization options. I would definitely recommend Notion to anyone looking for a better way to organize and manage their work.

PROS

It is highly customizable and can be used for a wide range of purposes, including project management, note taking, and task tracking. I also like it because it's easy to use and has a clean and intuitive interface. Additionally, it is available on the web, mobile and desktop.

CONS

I found it hard to use Notion on iPads and with Apple Pencils. While it's very intuitive on laptop, it's doesn't feel the same on an iPad when using a pencil.

Reasons for switching to Notion

With Notion, I can create custom workspaces for organizing and managing my work, and I can easily add and rearrange different types of content, such as text, images, and files. This makes it easier for me to create a workspace that is tailored to my specific needs and preferences.Another reason is that Notion integrates with a wider range of tools and services. This makes it easier for me to use Notion as part of a larger digital workspace, as it can integrate with tools such as Trello, Asana, and Slack, among others. This can be especially useful for teams that need to collaborate and share information across different tools and platforms.Finally, I find that Notion is simply designed to be accessible to users of all skill levels. This makes it a good option for individuals and teams who want a tool that is easy to learn and use, without sacrificing functionality.

Mohammad

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Notion drives productivity with its intuitive & powerful project management & planning capabilities.

Notion exceeds my expectations with its exceptional planning & collaboration tools, rich workspace management & build-up and facilitation towards steering our project progression towards completion. The utility has continuously assisted our engineering team in accomplishing multiple government & private construction projects since its implementation into our workplace.

PROS

The ability to set up & customize my entire virtual workspace from a single platform is truly mind-boggling, & Notion does just that with its incredible multi-project management utilities to run our numerous construction projects without interruptions. The snappy performance & masterfully-crafted interface found on the web, mobile & desktop versions makes Notion one of the most versatile productivity applications out there. As a site engineer, it is my utmost priority to ensure resources are being efficiently utilized on site without causing any progress delays. Notion plays a crucial role in helping me organize & visualize my current & upcoming tasks as well as which ones require immediate attention to remain on track with the project schedule. Assigning workforce & performing reallocations is done easily using Notion & that helps me further optimize my workforce to drive progression in our project. Collaborating with our engineering crew to virtually meet & resolve several project obstacles have been one of the strongest use-case scenarios with this utility.

CONS

I cannot think of a limitation encountered with the service. Notion catalyses my work & it's just perfect the way it is.

Reason for choosing Notion

Unlike the considered alternatives, Notion isn't just a simple note-taking utility that's limited in terms of functionality. It allows me to build an entire, fully-fledged workspace to manage multiple projects & team members without a lot of back & forth action.

Reasons for switching to Notion

From slow synchronization issues to lacklustre performance & features in general, Notion simply delivers a much better user experience & tools that are well suited to my work demands.

Jacek

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

A little gem in the garden of productivity tools

We love it! Super fun to use, very powerful thanks to its flexibility. It requires some time and experience to design the structure and processes on how you want to use it, but then it can help solving many use cases in a small company.

PROS

At the same time it's very simple and easy to use, but advanced and flexible. You can easily see that it was created by the people with high appreciation of good UX (User Experience) in software. You can shape it to become your note taking app, knowledge base, personal project management, company project management, budget planner, and so much more...

CONS

The flexibility comes with the price - at certain moment it lacks the structure. Then, you can use it in so many different areas, that when you start using it in a specific domain, it starts to compete with bigger tools which will be always more advanced (as they are dedicated to one specific thing).Sometimes, it can be little slow when working on project with many pages.

Reason for choosing Notion

It's much cheaper than Jira and at the same time it successfully satisfies our needs

Sheen

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Best documentation tool for your company

PROS

Notion is by far the easiest to use tool to manage documents, share knowledge between teams or to simply take notes for meetings. It is literally a digital notebook. You can easily collaborate with your team members because you can have shared Notion pages. I love that Notion is so intuitive. There are so many commands that you can use to make the page look better in terms of its readability. They have put a lot of thought into making it an easy to use tool. I also like that they have mobile app, desktop app as well as browser availability. I have even used it for personal purposes, whether it is about making travel plans or making an integration with your website, Notion can be a great tool for it all.

CONS

I think the only thing that Notion falls short in is the way Tables are presented. If you add a Table in your Notion page, it will have limited functions which makes me want to move out of Notion and maintain an excel or word doc. Otherwise Notion is a pretty complete application in itself. But when you make a table in Notion, you cannot really format your text within it. It is the least advanced function in Notion.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Microsoft Word is a good document making tool, but Notion is a one-place tool for all documents. Unlike Google Drive, you don't need to leave the folder to access different documents. You can manage company-wide docs, meeting notes etc. in one place.

Anastasia

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Notion - best tool for keeping track of things in your work and personal life

As a scrum master, I use Notion for backlog refinement and project management - it's always open on one of my screens. We customised it to our needs and manage multiple teamspaces with their own projects and tasks within one platform. I also use Notion in my personal projects and casual note-taking and can't imagine my life without it.

PROS

I like the versatility and flexibility of Notion. It can be customised endlessly to create a workspace that works best for you. We were able to create a perfect system for task and project that suits our needs. I also like that I can add tasks and different resources to my Favourites, and they appear in the sidebar, so I'm able to easily fetch what I need. It's also easy to track any changes and comments in the Updates tab, so you don't miss if someone left a comment or assigned something to you. Another small but fantastic feature is being able to insert code and choose the formatting for it. We're a software-heavy company, so storing and sharing pieces of code is essential.

CONS

It's hard to find points that I don't like, but perhaps the different views and layouts could be made more intuitive. Sometimes it can take a while to figure out the best way to organise data.

Reasons for switching to Notion

Jira is a good product, but we thought that Notion would be better for our needs and never looked back.

Serge