All OneDrive Reviews

Well integrated Document Sharing; Lacks Polish

Habibah

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Essential especially to backup work files.

My Microsoft 365 account included OneDrive, which was an excellent complement to the other software. To enter my files, I don't need to signed in to another service. It allows me to view my files from either computer or a smart device at any time at a low cost. The file structure is close to that of most personal computers, and it makes it simple for me to handle files, whether I'm copying, transferring, or changing their names. Even my massive drawing files open quickly and easily, allowing me to operate on quickly.

PROS

OneDrive allows me to keep files on the cloud and retrieve them from whatever device, even when I'm not at the workplace. This comes in handy when I need to share files from my smartphone on social media, particularly on pages that are only available on mobile devices. I have a powerful CPU with plenty of storage, but I often build massive illustration and digital images that would start filling it if I do not have backup storage.

CONS

It's nice to have my files with me everywhere I go, but each time I open a file, a copy is saved on my laptop. Until I uninstall it, this will gradually take up precious storage space. I didn't know it until my CPU was clogged with redundant files that took up a lot of bandwidth. It took me some time to find a way out how to safely clear the storage space.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

WeTranfer is more suitable for a short term files storage.

Jason

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

OneDrive works great

PROS

OneDrive works well for efficient work flow between multiple devices and locations.

CONS

OneDrive secure file sharing is difficult.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

OneDrive is a great compliment with MS365 office suite!

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

More secure and more additional tools. The ability to house all information in one place and system is key.

Tom

Retail, 2-10 employees

Excellent built-in solution for O365/Windows users

PROS

With OneDrive, you can toss all your files, pics, and vids up in the cloud. No need to worry about running out of space on your devices, and you can access your stuff from anywhere with internet. If you're into Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, OneDrive plays nicely with them. You can edit and collaborate on your docs straight from the cloud, which is super handy for group projects or just sharing stuff with friends. Make a change to a file on your laptop? No worries, OneDrive syncs it up across all your devices automatically. So, you're always working with the latest version, whether you're on your phone, tablet, or computer. OneDrive makes it easy to share files or folders with others. You can work on stuff together in real-time, which is awesome for team projects or when you're brainstorming with friends. Your files are safe with OneDrive. They've got all sorts of security measures in place, like encryption and multi-factor authentication. Plus, they back up your stuff regularly, so you can breathe easy knowing your important files are protected.

CONS

One drawback of using OneDrive is that the free storage limit can be relatively small compared to other cloud storage services. While it offers a decent amount of free space, users may find themselves needing to upgrade to a paid plan if they have a large amount of data to store. This could be a downside for those who are looking for extensive storage options without wanting to pay for additional space.

Kellie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

OneDrive not for me

I have used Onedrive with work and a nonprofit I work for. I am happy that the schools I work for use Google so I do not have to use OneDrive.

PROS

That is syncs with Microsoft Excel and Word

CONS

Files are hard to find and access through the home base.

Kyle

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

One drive - Day to day

Fantastic bit of software, one that i will always be using or even pushing for.

PROS

Everything is synced across all my devices just by logging in. The 2fa security is great bonus for peace of mind an security. I have deployed One Drive to some of my supported businesses as more and more we find the Hybrid work role becoming popular. For them/us to be able to access our documents on and off site is critical, One drive lets us do this with ease.

CONS

Sometimes we get duplicate items on the desktop, especially when Edge is syncing.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

The ability to sync everything such as Edge, emails, storage and content all under one email address

Grant

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Very usefull for backups.

I've been super pleased with it. Refreshing end users' laptops went from taking 30 minutes to an hour to less than 5 minutes for migrating the data.

PROS

Moving data between computers is incredibly easy. Beforehand I would have to manually move data via hard drives. Being able to sign into OneDrive and have all your data move over seamlessly is an amazing feature that I would hate to go without.

CONS

Since we don't use OneDrive too much outside of the backups, there really isn't any cons.

Leah

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Forever a OneDrive User

I have been using OneDrive since college, and I always recommend it to people who use Microsoft on a daily basis and need unlimited storage.

PROS

Great for collaboration, storage for any files and unlimited storage!

CONS

Hard to navigate documents sometimes and frustrating when I cannot easily move a document into a folder, I always have to make a copy.

Elif

Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Access you important files from any where

I can access all files stored on onedrive from both my work computer and my personal computer. This is a great convenience. Also the auto save mode is very useful. The capacity is very large. I recommend it to everyone.

PROS

You can work at automatic save mod on and even if something goes wrong you can't loose your data. And you can reach your files even if you forgot your computer at home :)

CONS

It makes an uncontrollable habit and I now organize almost all my files on onedrive.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Onedrive review

I do not particularly enjoy use it but since my workplaces uses teams I end up use it.

PROS

It comes pre installed and connects and works well wit other Microsoft products.

CONS

I do not like that it comes pre-installed and I dislike that it comes by default activated to do backup of particular folders. Would prefer that it was not active by default.

Kayla

E-Learning, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Great for collaborative work

Due to frequently having issues with usernames, passwords, and login in general with OneDrive, I don't use it as frequently anymore. However, this is a great product for someone who is a fan of Microsoft. I find my technology personally works worse with Microsoft, unfortunately.

PROS

I like the ease of file sharing for international projects.

CONS

I almost always have some sort of issue with the login to OneDrive.

Jonathan

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Microsoft One Drive

Works very well as a standard personal cloud file management tool for both personal use and business use. Lacking many advanced options found in Google/Box for public file sharing. Works well with eDiscovery and other legal and compliance tools Has improved greatly over time with real-time collaboration and automatic saving Simple to implement and rollout as it is native with MS Office Continue to grow its footprint in my current company as an alternative to File Shares

PROS

Industry standard software works natively with MS Office Allows sharing and collaboration of files with anyone and anywhere Simple to use and and administer Compliant for regulations and easily searchable/discoverable

CONS

Sharing options are very limited for outside users and difficult to control once in the wild Administration is not robust, still old style Security is lacking especially for the uninitiated Plays well with MS not so well with other tools

Reason for choosing OneDrive

Native with MS Office and part of the O365 subscription Change management would be significant to leave O365 subscription

Native with MS Office and part of the O365 subscription

Jerry

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2019

OneDrive Helps Drive Our Business

While working solo, none of our users have had any issues working with the software. It works, and it works for them. they can save all their files, they can access from anywhere. They are happy with that. When it comes to sharing and collaborating, that's where we've run into a few issues that the system isn't user friendly enough. Granted, we are trying to replace file server storage with OneDrive, the more technically inclined users have no issues, the less so have more issues. It just isn't user friendly enough for this. Sharing with external users becomes even more troublesome. Again, there just needs to be a few more features on the sharing side. Other than that, it works for us and we are happy with it.

PROS

It works. It just work. We need to upload files, we can. We need to download files, we can. We need to share files, we can.

CONS

While it works, the features just aren't that great. Yes, we can save to cloud, access from anywhere, download, update. But it's not as easy to share as with other software. We have an easier time with Google Drive. Or even DropBox. But, OneDrive is less expensive considering we are non-profit and use Office 365. The Windows 10 settings for OneDrive are just horrible. There just needs to be more settings available, more features, more configuration on folders settings and permissions.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

it was included with our Office 365 subscription, and we wanted to make the most of it.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

OneDrive was less expensive, and we decided to keep whatever software we could as Microsoft. Get rid of what we didn't absolutely need, especially if it was more expensive.

Nural

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

The best cloud for saving files for windows users

I am using office applications very frequently and I need to keep the files in some place that I can access them whenever I want, this tool is very useful for me. Another cool thing is that I can share the files with my friends and many people can work on one file at the same time.

PROS

This product is developed by Microsoft and it comes in Microsoft Office bundle, first times I thought it is not that much useful application. However, afterwards I have started to use office applications I saw that how useful this application is. Firstly it is integrated with Microsoft Office applications, and you can keep all your files on the drive, it also can be integrated with your email and you can share files through drive if they are not not shareable through email. Another good side of this application is that it is available on all platforms and you can use it for sharing the files between devices.

CONS

I have some concerns regarding use the application on my PC, the problem is that it always running on the background and since my laptop is a bit slower it downs the performance. When I turn of it my windows protection gives error. Rather than this, I do not have any problems with this application.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

Comparing OneDrive to Dropbox, it has a lot of features, since dropbox had a lot of security breaks in past I do not want to use and OneDrive has a lot of integration for office applications and windows operating system.

José Miguel

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

From a regular cloud storage to a great one

I am a user of this service for many years, but until 2 years ago my main cloud storage was one of the competitions. Right now, after the great implementation on Windows 10, my main cloud storage is OneDrive, I have my institution plan and a personal plan, included in my Office 365 subscription. Is real deal get 1 TB and the software, in comparison to other cloud storage services.

PROS

One of the main features I enjoy about OneDrive is how they integrate the service natively with Windows 10. You can look for your files directly in your windows folders, with an icon descriptor, you can know where the archives are located (in your PC or the cloud), and in case you don´t have a local copy of the file, you can get the data quickly with a single click.

CONS

At the start, the way they handle the default folders synced (documents, images, and desktop) maybe is not the best. For example, the Documents folder is used by many software to handle configuration files, and if you work in many stations like me, sync for default that folders are not the best. Anyway, the configuration to avoid this is easy. The UI is great, but a wizard for the configuration adapted to your individual needs would be great.

Natively integrated with Windows 10 and cheaper.6

Nick

Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Why did I use Dropbox for all that time?

The minor aggravation with my initial setup is nothing compared to the ease of using it with other Office products, especially across mobile devices.

PROS

OneDrive easily integrates with all of our other Office software. Since transitioning to Microsoft Teams for interagency communication and using Outlook for our mail, the availability of OneDrive to seamlessly store large volumes of data securely while at the same time being able to selectively share it with individual employees is amazing. It fits into what we do as a component of our system, unlike other cloud based programs that seem to be standalone rather than integrated.

CONS

Once I figured out how useful it was going to be, I did a mass upload of files. It was a somewhat aggravating process. I wish that I could have selected all the files to upload, then have OneDrive batch and upload in segments rather than doing a single upload that inevitably would stall.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

We tried OneDrive first and saw no compelling reason to continue searching since it met and/or exceeded all of our needs.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

Microsoft’s storage space and ability to integrate seamlessly with other software in the Office suite made it attractive. We decided to give it a shot. It was worth the time invested ten-fold.

Bradley

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Great product

Excellent. Copies Documents and pictures between my iPhone and PC. Organized the My Documents folder to sync. Have had a few issues with My Pictures and syncing from the iPhone. Think I need to enable background application operations or some sort of tweak to better sync over from my iPhone.

PROS

Syncs all documents to my Windows 10 machine from my iPhone. Easy to securely register devices with SMS Texts, e-mails with codes, and the MS Authenticator app.

CONS

Have had a few issues with photos from the iPhone. Likely a fluke or settings tweak needed. Seems like syncs from the iPhone are a little off at the moment. Everything from my PC ports over directly.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

Always have had great results from Microsoft. Very loyal. Excellent company.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

Like Authenticator and the MS Office 365 License I have includes one drive. I believe a few version may be available as well. Please note DropBox did a nice job too. One Drive is a bit more complicated, but seems to offer more options. Perhaps increased security as well.

Edwin

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

Perfect online tool for personal storage.

It has enabled me mostly backup my data on cloud storage and therefore access easily, anywhere and anytime even if my device gets damaged my data doesn't get lost. It is the best tool have ever used for storing my files on the cloud.

PROS

First is its ease of access, once you save your files there you can get or access them anytime, anywhere and from any device. Another thing is about its security, nobody can access your OneDrive account unless he or she has your login credentials and not only that it uses two step authentication to confirm if you are really the owner of that account. Its security is so intense in that one can encrypt a file that he or she shares to you so that you must have a decryption key for you to access it. Another is its interface, it can run on different devices that is both android and windows and even using it is not hard. Lastly is its speed, compared to other related alternatives, OneDrive works really faster and effective.

CONS

Even though it comes with free version with allows you to save your data up to 5GB, I would prefer to get more space since there are many things I would like to save but you have to subscribe to more storage plans and its not that cheap. I don't have much negative about this software since it takes into account most of my expectations only that sometimes the file shared through that platform may be corrupted and maybe may not open.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

I chose this because of its speed. It was really faster compared to this others.

MarQuita

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Great Tool!

I have had GREAT experiences with using OneDrive. It's one of those tools that I use every single day - even from my mobile phone when needed! How amazing is that! I like that the cloud storage gives you about 1 TB of space and to upgrade your storage is respectfully priced.

PROS

What's most impactful is the ability to update forms online. This ease of use of this feature is great, as long as I have internet access I can make updates to my documents as needed.

CONS

Sharing documents could be handled a little easier in its function. If I send a document to someone who doesn't have an outlook account they experience a bit of trouble accessing the document.

Reason for choosing OneDrive

Dropbox was great, but not a storage system many of my clients were familiar with. The minimum storage space initially offered wasn't enough, and the pricing was much more than what we budgeted for.

Reasons for switching to OneDrive

The cost of dropbox exceeded our budget.

Arturo