• icon"User friendly, great customer support, provides innovative business solutions."
  • icon"I don't have to search back anymore in endless emails, every person and project has all the information on one site. I also love how many things can be integrated, especially the Slack notifications."
  • icon"User interface (UI) is intuitive to use. Friendly and personable customer support, they want to help us grow (awesome!)."
  • icon"Also, searching through the freelancers in the onboarding page is very difficult and I sometimes have to scroll through 100's of freelancers before I find the one I'm looking for."
  • icon"Takes 2-3 weeks to process and with holidays can delay payments longer. Customer services is UNREACHABLE at times, only a chat function with NO phone number to contact."
  • icon"Not much to note here, but I'll get into the weeds so I can provide constructive feedback: The process for adding a partner to multiple groups can take a little more time than I would like."

All Worksuite Reviews

Justine

Industry: Publishing

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Excellent product! Shortlist has streamlined several of our internal freelancer management processes

A streamlined solution to freelancer management! We used to have a fragmented system that involved using several tools for various parts of freelancer management: onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, etc. We are now able to fulfill all of these duties using one single platform, which drastically cuts our admin time and creates a smoother, more consistent workflow and user experience.

Pros

From an internal perspective, Shortlist greatly reduced our admin time spent on freelancer management and allowed us to centralize many management duties. The platform helped us to streamline freelancer onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, and more. Before Shortlist, we were using several different tools to accomplish what is now done in one single platform! The project assignment functionality was the biggest attraction for us. It's the most robust I've seen, offering several assignment workflows. Our company works on a bidding system -- freelancers essentially opt into potential projects by bidding for work -- and Shortlist seamlessly supports and has enhanced our system. In addition, the platform is very user friendly for both administrators and freelancers. Although the platform offers a robust selection of tools to assist in freelancer and vendor management, the interface is clean, simple, and easy to navigate. The user friendly workflow greatly reduces the potential for confusion or questions, which is vital when working with a large external workforce. Lastly, the Shortlist team is clearly committed to the success of their customers. The team has been extremely communicative, receptive to feedback, and quick to offer helpful insights or suggestions on how to maximize use of the platform.

Cons

There's nothing I explicitly dislike about the platform. However, I'd love to see more customization options, especially in regards to freelancer profiles and the internal performance tracking system.

Response from Shortlist

Thanks Justine, really appreciate this!

Replied October 2017

Loryn

The FMS of my dreams!

When I began the hunt for a FMS for our small start-up, I was working out of no less than five massive spreadsheets -- not to mention the hundreds of files floating around -- just to keep track of our freelance projects and payments. I found Shortlist via Google search, and from my very first contact I've been impressed with the software and especially, the team. I was able to consolidate all of my scattered processes into one location, and the ability to manage all aspects of a freelancer's work cycle, from on-boarding to assignments to payment, has shaved countless hours off my work day. I think my absolute favorite part of working with Shortlist though has been the amazing team of people devoted to helping ensure that we have the best product to work with. The sales team wasn't pushy, the tech team is always available for help or improvements, and our customer success rep has been an absolute pleasure to work with. I can't say enough good things about Shortlist, and how vastly it's improved and streamlined our processes, and in turn, our own work flows.

Pros

*Integration with Hello Sign takes so much pain out of the on-boarding process *Speaking of which, the customizable on-boarding is bar none *Payments are easy to set up and schedule *Freelancers love it *Intuitive set up; you can tell it was designed with the user experience in mind *Amazing responsiveness of team

Cons

Only one: I do a lot of bulk work, and it can get tedious as times. For example, I may have 25 of the same type of assignment going out. If I need to change the rate on them, I have to visit each one individually (can't open in new tabs), change it, and get back to the projects screen, which is now unsorted. So I have to resort to find my items and start the process again.

Tony

The premise of the platform is great - the aesthetic design and functionality sometimes lacks.

The ability to share curation with our talent pool across our various internal stakeholders.

Pros

That we can have ratings, reviews and contextual information about our talent pool. It makes curating our talent much easier.

Cons

The design feels a bit dated and the functionality fails sometimes. It feels like a product that is very much still in development and lacks polish. Also, we have not used the Project RFP/RFP functionality as much as originally anticipated - although that is not necessarily the result of the software. However, the lack of flexibility in modifying questionnaires feels clunky at best and downright annoying at worst.

Jessica

Vital Tool for Our Business

Overall, our experience with Shortlist has been fantastic. Our business uses the tool a little differently and they have been accommodating to our needs. They are constantly improving their product and it is great to see those updates frequently. The customer service is top notch and everyone is warm and friendly. Most of my contractors are impressed with the system. They appreciate how easy it is to do business with us now that we have Shortlist.

Pros

I really like that this system allows me to keep everything in one place. I used to have information all over the place (emails, Adobe cloud, paper files, Sharepoint, word/excel files, etc). My team used to wait on me for information that they now have at the click of a button. It has streamlined my process so significantly and it costs less than hiring another person to help me.

Cons

One improvement that I would like to see is in the search function. I think it would be great if you could search certain key words in certain places of a profile. For example, in the resume, description or internal notes. It would also be nice to see the keywords highlighted so that it is obvious where in the profile it is located. Being able to preview a document without having to download would be beneficial for my team.

Response from Shortlist

Thanks Jessica! These are some great suggestions for improvement. Let's cover on our next Customer Success check in call.

Replied August 2018

Brigitta

Industry: Writing and Editing

December 2021

Goodbye manual work and spreadsheets, hello more time!

Goodbye manual work and spreadsheets! Worksuite helped us migrate our freelancers to a platform that made onboarding, project management and payments easily accessible. Since using Worksuite, we've been able to create more efficient processes

Pros

Payments and the ease of communication with freelancers. We like how easy it is to chat with our freelancers!

Cons

The smallest/ minor inconveniences such as formatting, or having to press Shift + enter to go to the next line. Or, how you cannot format freelancers in alphabetical order in lists. Notifications - It would be great if we can customize the type of notifications we receive. For example, I get notified 3 times if something is "complete", first that it's marked as complete, then that a new payment is ready for review, then that the approval. It would also be great if we can do more with our reporting function.

Reasons for choosing Worksuite

Great customized demo experience (thanks to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT]). I explained my pain points and he showed me the possibilities of Worksuite.

Mat

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

April 2016

Simple, flexible, powerful!

Shortlist.co is a fantastically versatile platform that allows easy locating, engagement, contracting and payments of freelancers, consultants and vendors. Very quick and easy to onboard preferred freelancers / consultants / vendors or use their database, a logical user friendly workflow to engage with your preferred for new service or product needs, then compare, rate and award. During the project or engagement period you can even manage to budgets and pay them.

Pros

1. Super easy to onboard freelancers, consultants and vendors. 2. Database of over 20,000 vendors if you don't have a preferred. 3. They provide templates for marketing briefs, contracts and response questionnaires. 4. Reminders sent to participating people and or companies to keep things moving along. 5. Easy comparison of responses for a quick award. 6. Budget / financial analysis provided when move into project. 7. Payment through the platform also possible. 8. Service centre to help along the process or add support where needed (covering when you are away on holiday etc).

Cons

Requires some change management to get people to use the tool, but is about 1% of the change needed verses other eProcurement or eSourcing tools, given how clunky and difficult they are to use!

ZAiN

July 2022

Freelance dreams

Workflow has become optimized

Pros

Helps with tracking freelancers and project productivity. More efficient communication Makes payments and admin related tasks simple

Cons

Pricing could be more competitive, and it could be better expanded feature-wise.

Reasons for switching to Worksuite

Suited my needs better

Elliott

April 2016

Excellent product

I've been using Shortlist for over a year now, and have found in extremely useful tool for managing our agency's workforce. I've recommended Shortlist not just for my own company but to other teams that I now consult with. What it comes down to is that it solves a major issue for me when it comes to managing your workforce in one central location. Before Shortlist came around, there wasn't really any decent options to solve this. I notice also that the Shortlist team has made major steps forward with the UI/product design over the last few months. It's looking great and the new clean dashboard design will be a welcomed addition for our team.

Pros

- I think value for money - you cannot go past this. It's priced extremely well for software in this category. - Nice design. Lets face it - most of these tools look like they've been design and built by the finance team! Shortlist looks more like an Apple product. - Great customer service. When we first tried it out we were having some small issues onboarding , but Shortlist got straight back to me and helped us immensely.

Shortlist.... Any other site you need for your payment needs!

Overall i highly recommend shortlist for any contractor!

Pros

A user friendly website. While alot of people overlook this aspect I want to point out just how important it is for a site to be userfriendly. In a business there are several aspects of the workflow that need to work together and when you use a program that isn't designed to be used by all members of staff things can get bogged down very quickly. Another pro is definitely the template selection that is baked into the software so it can be detailed to a specific project you had in mind.

Cons

Maybe creating a system that allowed for certain reminders to be sent to staff that would be helpful. Overall I cannot think of any certain con's for this site.

I love Shortlist! Great Features: Versatile and Easy to Use!

Pros

I use Shortlist.co to screen, contract and source out my freelancers in my promotional marketing agency. The app is extremely versatile and easy to use. The set-up was tailored (somewhat) for my marketing company. I am very happy with the software and when there is a concern or issue, customer service was very quick (via chat and email) to respond.

Cons

They do not have a mobile yet. I am being told it is coming soon in 2018. It's difficult as most of my users are on mobile and I am ecstatic for the launch of the mobile app.

Brad

Team has been positive so far

We are having compliance issues this has assisted

Pros

We have worked through a couple issues with our compliance so this software has allowed us to look at this differently

Cons

Personally I didn't see the complete worth of the produce

Kevin

Industry: Publishing

The solution I have been waiting for!

Makes hiring vendors a breeze.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, intuitive interface. Met most of the initial needs and their new updates continue to impress.

Response from Shortlist

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated!

Replied November 2017

Ben

Industry: Newspapers

Worksuite has given me the ability to focus on other aspects of my job

Distributing payments internationally was an issue before using Worksuite. It also speeds up distribution of domestic payments as well. Management of freelancers has been divvied out between several teams and the documentation is automated. The customer service has been generally great.

Pros

The payments system has helped so much. That combined with the ability to integrate with Salesforce has saved me hours of processing time every day. Additionally, automating the onboarding of our freelancers has been so helpful and taken the stress off of me as our company doubled over the past year and our freelancer base multiplied by at least 20. Worksuite has helped me reduce the amount of data entry I do, and allowed me to focus on other things.

Cons

When starting to learn the software it was very overwhelming and complicated. There is a lot to learn and understand about the software and its many intricacies and capabilities. Also, searching through the freelancers in the onboarding page is very difficult and I sometimes have to scroll through 100's of freelancers before I find the one I'm looking for.

Overall, the Shortlist team has exceeded my expectations! I look forward to my interactions w/ them.

-Effective process techniques for recruiting, onboarding, growing, and managing our network of partners -Enables our business to scale

Pros

-The Shortlist software enables us to do our business and be successful -User interface (UI) is intuitive to use -Friendly and personable customer support, they want to help us grow (awesome!) -Open to accommodating and exploring our needs (e.g. updated search functionality based on our needs & feedback) -Shortlist team has the technical capabilities to support our industry-specific needs -Most of our users accept and fill out their profile in <24hrs of us sending the invitation (Indicates this process doesn't take too much of their time and is easy to work through)

Cons

Not much to note here, but I'll get into the weeds so I can provide constructive feedback: The process for adding a partner to multiple groups can take a little more time than I would like. Besides that, setting up a partner profile takes a minimal amount of my time, which I value.

Response from Shortlist

Thank you for your review!

Replied October 2017

Agnes

The perfect tool for handling a lot of people

As the only content manager at the team I am responsible for around 100 people. I have to hire, onboard new talent, and give out tasks to the already existing team of translators and voice talents and run projects parallel for many languages. Shortlist made this insanely huge and complex task mindblowingly easy. Steps that I had to do 30-50 times per project can now be done with 3 clicks. The site is super easy to use, the contractors had no problem applying, registering or later using the site and its functions.

Pros

Using Shortlist made it so much easier to handle our whole translator and voice talent team. I could move away from emails and have everything in one place from job ads, hiring, actual projects and task management to invoicing. I don't have to search back anymore in endless emails, every person and project has all the information on one site. I also love how many things can be integrated, especially the Slack notifications. We also got outstanding support from the Shortlist team, from setting up our account to monthly check-ins and personalisation.

Cons

A bit more bulk editing options would be great for the tasks, I have to enter and edit info one-by-one now for all.

Response from Shortlist

Thank you!

Replied November 2020