• Pros

• "It makes it extremely to organize all of your tasks. You can organize it in detail or just leave rough tasks. It works amazing and I use it for all of my tasks, I love it!"

• "LOVE this app. Love how it syncs on all my devices and makes my life easier when assigning tasks to my team. I'm a small business and wouldn't use anything else."

• "I love everything about this app/service. I use it every day to keep track of small and large tasks. "

• Cons

• "It is good for administrative/ management roles, but it ia not a tool for project management."

• "The app works very well. The chrome extension does not work as well. Sometimes it keeps logging me out."

• "The basic features are nice but many of the customized options can only be used when you upgrade to the premium/paid version."

Browse Todoist Reviews

Steve from Focus on the Family

The to-do app I've actually stuck with for a long time

It's superb for always being ready to go. I really love the Android widget that always sits on my home screen right next to my calendar and weather. It shows my task list for the day and I have no excuse for not knowing what needs doing.

Pros

I have used Todoist for almost 3 years now and it's the one to-do product that I seem to be able to stick with. I went through a variety of to-do-list managers before this, but somehow because of the wide range of platforms that it supports, including a browser extension, a native Windows app, mobile apps, and a native Mac app, Todoist meets my needs really well. So I guess the feature I like the most is it's ubiquity and speed--it's always close at hand. It can even be the default to-do manager on an Alexa device, which is really nice because you don't have to say "open Todoist" or something like that.

Cons

The free version is really limited. I had the paid version for quite a while and then switched back, but miss a few of the paid features. Even simple things like seeing completed to-dos aren't available unless you pay, so consider the free tier to be VERY limited.

Faith from FASH Design

Keeps Us Organized and On Task

Todoist has been a game-changer for us. Its ease of use and interactive feedback helps us stay focused and achieve goals. They continue to work to improve it and a recent update has made using the app even easier. We are never without it when on-site or in the workroom.

Pros

We are theatre costumers who costume 12-14 shows a year. We use Todoist to keep track of all actors and their various costumes needed and the tasks required to complete those costumes. We love how easy it is to add new tasks to an existing one and how flexible each task can be. We can add a due date, assign a team member, and use labels to let us know what needs to be done or where it needs to be retrieved or bought from. It celebrates your productivity and emails you if a task is overdue as well as a report of how you did for the week. We can always tell if we did not use Todoist as faithfully as we should have during a project and in meetings the response to "How do we stay on task and organized?" is always "Remember to update and use Todoist!"

Cons

There is a 300 task limit to every project and we can easily hit that when we are first starting out and getting everything laid out for a show. It would also be nice to add an entire team to a project instead of individuals one at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Basecamp was too expensive for our small operation. Todoist, while not having all of the features we loved about Basecamp, was still easy to use, organize, and its price range was within our budget.

Timothy from Imagitech

The Todo app I've been looking for!

Been looking for a todo app which has syncing and multi-platform support and this comes out trumps. I can manage my work as well as personal tasks, schedule them, tag them. Coupled with PomoDone app I can timebox the tasks which is a great combo

Pros

Multi-device, syncing, can have hierarchies of tasks, can tag tasks, filter the easily and save filter searches. Android and web app is brilliant in particular

Cons

Reminders on Android could be improved, many of my tasks get swallowed up by other tasks and I miss reminders, being able to address stagnant tasks (ones I keep postponing I have ADHD so it happens a lot), Google Home app could be improved it's annoying to keep asking to talk to todoist instead of adding a task directly, also you can't schedule tasks in Todoist

Laura from NorthHouse Creative

Easy To Use, Not So Easy To Organice

The founder of the company really likes it to keep track of what everyone is doing so I've been using it for the last 5 months (since I started in this company). But anyway, I actually keep using the Notes App on Mac which is really similar to Todoist but I can keep my tasks private - which is something I wish I could do on Todoist, not sure if there is a way already but it's not very clear who can see what.

Pros

Me and my team really like how easy to use it is. It helps keeping track of what needs o be done and lets other people know what's been completed. It doesn't over complicate things and it's really good that you can have it on your phone and get updates on notifications.

Cons

I get that keeping it simple must be the main idea behind this app. However, I'd appreciate if some hierarchy could be applied when organising the tasks. The way to organise projects on the left part could be, for example, group into folders so once a project is finished you could, for example, move it to an archive folder. All the Karma points system and the notifications is a bit confusing or just not clear enough. Is it just to cheer you up when you've completed many tasks or has it got any actual purpose? But the most important: I wish tasks wouldn’t disappear from my inbox right when I complete them. I wish I could still see them (maybe in a lighter grey colour) so I see what I've completed and then I could manually move them into a project folder when I don't want to see them anymore. Also, I'd appreciate if some type of colour coding could be applied in some way.

James from The Consulting Launchpad

Worth upgrading to Premium

Amazing - great support team as well.

Pros

My life runs on Todoist. I use it for work, family things and my personal life. I love the nested task lists and sub-folders. The newest update took that to a whole new level and I love the section you can add to organize things.

Cons

It can be a little hard to get used to, but once you do, you'll never want to leave!

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Had everything I was looking for plus other things like the smart due date recognition, etc.

Nigel from iNam Concepts

Get things done in style!

I have become a ToDoist advocate and highly promote ToDoist to everyone I work with. My clients have now started to share projects with me and 1:1 collaboration is in place with as many team members that I need to work with.

Pros

ToDoist has been amazing! It's so simple to create shared projects and collaborate in tasks. Start by getting your team together to offload all the clutter from their minds and organise this into manageable workflows. ToDoist has been great in reducing email, converse more in person and use the comment feature to communicate on each individual task.

Cons

I can't find any faults with it in all the years I've been using it. It's amazing!

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

ToDoist was more scaleable when working with larger teams. The overall cost per user per year made it affordable and in many cases lots of collaborators manage perfectly well with the free model whilst sharing projects with my paid subscription.

Peter Anthony from More Vida Enterprises Ltd

Great functionality but too many free alternatives

Quite good, but with so many apps going to a subscription they were all adding up and I wondered if Todoist should be where i put money every month.

Pros

When i first saw Todoist the ios app interface was what got me. Swiping to get to what you wanted was at the time quite attractive and useful, and the idea of being able to use natural language to schedule was also new.

Cons

It was overkill for me. I did not need to assign tasks and many of the features i did not use.

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

I tried Trello as well but preferred the all text interface. It better suited how my mind works.

Néstor from Néstor Marquínez

Simple (but powerful) task management software

My experiencie with Todoist has been great so far. As I said before, I´m not a big fan of this kind of software. I´ve tried quite a few other options in the market. But Todoist at the end of the day, Todoist is the only one that really filled all my needs.

Pros

The thing I liked the most is that Todoist is really easy to use. I´m not a big fan of task management software... but Todoist offers a perfect balance between ease of use and functionality. Todoist is a very intuitive software unlike others I´ve tried... It only will take you 5 minutes to personalize it to your preferences, and you´ll be good to go.

Cons

There´s nothing really bad to say about Todoist, frankly. The thing I like the least is that you can´t install Todoist´s Android App on older smartphones. That might be an issue for some people.

Ray from Nova College

Todoist Review

Very easy to use, flexible, you can enter todo's in different ways and it is really fast and works well with other applications like Outlook and Gmail.

Pros

I really like Todoist in its ease of use and speed. Also the connection with other software is great. I can use todo lists in Evernote and have them listed in Todoist. I can also mail todo items to Todoist and assign categories and projects as well. Also the use of natural language is great!

Cons

There is not much to not like although through it's simplicity of use you might overlook its real power. It is not bloated at all but i seem to use only its basic features that i can only use fully when i pay for a subscription.

A.L. from Executive Marketing Director for Our Write Side

Industry: Writing and Editing

I Love Organizing

I ended up using this tool for my personal use instead of business for a while but didn't stick with it.

Pros

I loved that the app allowed notifications to be sent to my phone. I love making lists but once they are done I forget about them. Out of sight out of mind.

Cons

The features were a bit too limited for our team and it was hard to coordinate with other team members.

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Ultimately, I did not stick with Todoist but I may eventually go back to it. It really is a great tool, just not for me at the moment.

Shanna from Deluxe Corp.

Todoist: Where My Professional and Personal Lives Meet

Todoist is reliable, simple and collaborative. It's less glitchy than other options, and has streamlined my life so now I can spend more time knocking out my tasks and less time prioritizing work and personal tasks through multiple different systems.

Pros

The Projects Feature is the absolute best part of Todoist! I was working between a few different programs (Outlook, Google Tasks, Google Notes, Smartsheet and Evernote), and needed one central place to keep notes and to-do lists for my personal and professional life. The collaboration tools allow me and my coworkers to share notes and to-do lists on joint projects, and me and and my husband to share home renovation punch lists and store to-buy lists, all in one central place. My life feels so much more streamlined since making the switch!

Cons

Since I've worked with so many different programs, I do miss certain functionalities of other programs: the Gantt-style like Smartsheet offers, the ability to sync with my email as seamlessly as Google and Outlook, and task contingency so that not all "to-dos" are shown at once, but overall I landed on Todoist due to it's simple interface and introducing any of the those features would take away from that. The one thing I would change for new users is that it's simple, but not intuitive to schedule recurring tasks. I had to Google the answer, and while it's easy (simple typing "every Monday" after the task does the trick) it seems like putting an icon would have been a no-brainer.

Good value for your money

I mostly use Todoist to manage my daily routines. But there are still rooms for improvement for teamwork.

Pros

Keyboard Shortcut is one of the best feature of Todoist. Having the ability to set all information such as time, project, label, etc task without leaving your keyboard is very useful when I plan the tasks for the next day.S

Cons

Sometimes I want to add notes for a task, currently, I have to create the tasks first, then click on each tasks and add the notes, this is a bit cumbersome. Having ability/keyboard shortcut to add notes during task creation would be really helpful.

More feature and cleaner UI

Kristen from KS Gunther

The perfect tool for keeping your to-do list organized

I use ToDoist to keep track of tasks sent to me by clients. I don't use it for project management, extensive notes, or workflow so much as a simple to-do list of projects that need to be completed. Sometimes you don't need to write a lot of details - you just need to be sure you do the task and todoist is the best software I have found for that. Love it!

Pros

I love how it's a no frills to-do list I can access on my computer and phone. I love being able to set up different projects, due dates, and sub tasks. It also helps me with my EOM invoicing so I know what I did for each client.

Cons

I wish I could get more features for free. The comment feature and ability to set reminders look great. Although, Todoist does send me an email every day letting me know what's on my list, so that is very helpful even without reminders.

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Todoist was straightforward and non-distracting. It did exactly what I needed without me getting pulled into a rabbit hole of writing notes or project management when none was needed.

How would I live without it?

Overall, I wouldn't change anything about the layout of Todoist. I could not stay organized or finish a good portion of my job without Todoist. It's relatively simplistic, but I love that about it, and I appreciate the intuitiveness of the tool in general.

Pros

Todoist is very easy to use. I like that I can create a task and add as many notes to it as I need. When I don't have the time or brain power to finish a project at the end of the day, I create a task in Todoist so I can pick up where I left off the next day. It's easy to move the due date on any task if anything changes. The most significant way I use Todoist is to fill in the gaps on any work processes that are not fully automated. I set tasks out in the future all the time to make sure the final step is compete. Without Todoist I would be at a loss!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Todoist is it doesn't always log my completed tasks immediately. When I mark a task as completed, it should disappear from my list right away, but sometimes it doesn't update until I have refreshed the page. I'm guessing this is an issue that will be solved by the Todoist team soon.

What Did I Do Before Todoist?

I've definitely seen myself become more productive with the integration of Todoist in my life. I've gotten in a good habit of writing tasks down in Todoist as they come so I'm not forgetting anything. I love that you can just easily have the list in front of you at all times to constantly remember what you have to do. The biggest thing has been the reoccurring tasks - I've been able to keep up with some tasks that can be menial and sometimes slip to the back burner on busy days. I love tracking my progress and really seeing how much I have improved with Todoist.

Pros

What I love about Todoist is how easy it is to organize all my to-dos and tasks for a day and where they fall on my list of priorities. I love being able to quickly jot things down as I'm running from meeting to meeting and integrate it into my Outlook so I get reminders if something slips. Having the option to make something occur weekly has also helped me remember things that sometimes I can let fall in the back of my mind. I've been able to track my progress on how well I've been doing and seeing the number of recurring tasks that I have kept after is so rewarding. As a visual person, I love the color coding to help with prioritizing. It also helps when you have multiple teams in Todoist, so you can assign them the tasks and they know which level of priority the tasks are. Overall, Todoist has changed the game in how I organize and get things done.

Cons

Sometimes I do experiences glitches with the Outlook plug in and the tasks don't always integrate with my calendar to update me. I also can get too many updates for my recurring tasks sometimes as well, which doesn't happen too often, but is still something that can throw me off through the weeks. Sometimes the templates available aren't always the most efficient for that area of work (i.e. the content calendar one is a little too simple and doesn't always organize the content super clearly). There aren't that many cons to Todoist in my opinion!

Scott from Lumen Foundry

Intuitive product, quick to implement

I'm a proud premium member because the software does its job and doesn't get in my way. I use it for both my work and personal tasks, but separating the two out is really simple to do.

Pros

I've tried dozens of systems for my day-to-day tasks, and finally landed on Todoist a couple years ago. The natural language processing for entering in tasks makes it easy to type something in using the iOS app and pick up where I left off later on my Mac. Typing in a date automatically adds the date information, which means I can just type "add photo to new blog post tomorrow" and have the task on tomorrow's list without having to fiddle in menus. As they say, it just works.

Cons

Things that "just work" tend to have their little nuances that mean sometimes it doesn't just work. Todoist is constantly pushing out updates behind the scenes through their server back-end, which means you're always on the latest version of the software even if you don't update the client software. Sometimes that means they move too fast and break things. There have been multiple occasions where the software suddenly doesn't work as expected and I have to wait a couple hours for them to push out a fix. Perhaps their testing procedures will meet enterprise expectations eventually, but this is normal for cloud services these days...

A Fully Featured Task Management Solution for Individual and Organizations

My overall experience with Todoist is very satisfactory and will recommend Todoist to most of the people. The UI is fantastic, feature set is almost complete, integrations and API are nicely done and pricing is very effective. If they can add some additional features like custom day start and end time and also durations for tasks, it will be a 5 star rated task management solution.

Pros

The things I liked the most about Todoist is its feature set. It has got nearly all the features you can ask from a task management service. Also, integrations is a strong point of Todoist. It has a two way Google Calendar sync, also integrates well with Zapier and IFTTT. The API provided by Todoist is very powerful and lets a user/developer automate stuff to a deeper extent.

Cons

The thing I liked the least about Todoist is lack of duration of tasks. There is no way to set a start and end time to the task which can lead to various miscalculations. Also, there is no option to set custom day start and end time, which can be problematic for some people.

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

The pricing was very effective and it was available on more platforms with better feature set and expansion options.

Rob from Broadsign

Changed how I work & live

I use Todoist to manage just about everything I do, in the office and out. I've found it is particularly useful for breaking up lengthy task lists into day-to-day chunks of activity, as well as for creating plans for long-term work that needs to be picked at over time. With Todoist, I find myself much less likely to forget tasks that need doing, and to approach my work in an organized, methodical fashion.

Pros

No exaggeration, adopting Todoist as the app for tracking projects, chores, and other to-dos had a profound benefit to my productivity. The interface is fantastic, and integrations with IFTTT, Google Calendar, and heaps of other software makes it easy to automate the addition of tasks to your list or schedule. The reminders, though, are what really changed the game for me. Being able to schedule reminders not only for particular dates and times, but for when you enter particular areas is an incredible benefit. For instance, it makes it easier remember to pick something up when you're physically at the store, or to check on the status of a project as soon as you arrive at work. Finally, the karma and productivity streak systems, for those who like a little gamification, are nice tools for motivating yourself to stay on top of things. Many of these features require or work best with a Premium subscription, which I endorse purchasing, but Todoist is also a great app as a free service. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with Todoist is that while the web and mobile applications are top-notch, the Windows 10 native app is missing features, particularly in regards to notifications. Sync is also inconsistent with that app. It's easy enough to get by without touching the native app, but I would love to see it fixed.

Streamlined Planning on All Devices

I used Todoist a few years back and loved it. I then switched to a different platform for one reason or another, but ended up coming back to Todoist for its ease of use and ability to have recurring tasks. I use it for my personal tasks as well as for my business tasks.

Pros

I use Todoist for both my personal task manager as well as my business task manager. I'm a work-from-home mom with a growing business and I like that I can seamlessly use this for ANY task I need to complete. I am able to put household chores, personal projects and work projects all in one. It allows me to organize and categorize all of my to-dos I add. I love that I can have this on my desktop, tablet and phone and they seamlessly update constantly. It helps me know what needs to be done wherever I am. The other thing that I absolutely LOVE and saves me tons of time is that I can make some tasks recurring. I am able to add weekly, daily or monthly tasks to my to-do list. This has helped me so I never forget a task or skip doing things that come up just once in a while. When life gets really busy, and unexpected things come up I can easily change my tasks to a different due date. This makes a world of difference in actually getting my tasks done. Instead of having a to-do list a mile long, I can re-prioritize what I have left and add it to different days as needed.

Cons

My only complaint is that I'm not able to see what I've checked off in the free version. Sometimes a task will get accidentally bumped and marked as done on my phone, and I have no way of going back to retrieve what it was without paying. The other thing I wish there was in this software was a way to add these items to my calendar. I use Google Calendars, and it would be really nice to be able to take a task and place it on my calendar schedule as well to keep my life super organized.

A Highly Capable Task Management System

This software has been highly effective at helping me track not only personal tasks but organize business projects amongst a team that operates in a non-traditional office environment. By utilizing Todoist, we have ensured more effective tracking and increased our completion rate of tasks. It also allows for an easier sharing of information, allowing everyone to be informed.

Pros

Todoist is an excellent task management system that works well for both personal and business use. It offers the ability to easily organize projects and sub-projects as well as breaking tasks into smaller steps under one heading. It does take a traditional list format, as opposed to the visual card layout of Trello, but many people may find that they prefer this style. The following features are ones that I have found to be extremely valuable in my roughly two years of using this software: --Comments - the ability to make multiple comments on a task and even attach files has been great for both my personal and professional project management workflow. --Assigning tasks - being able to assign tasks to specific team members is great for managing complex projects and tracking accountability. --Integrations - integrations with popular services such as Outlook, Spark, Slack, Siri, Alexa, etc. make it easy and convenient to add tasks from anywhere. The ability to easily add an email is especially helpful. --Labels - the ability to label tasks and projects and then filter based on those labels is extremely helpful. --Natural language input - the ability to quickly and easily add a date, reminder, file in a project, or assign a person during the initial creation step makes it much easier to create detailed tasks. Overall, I've found this software to be useful and would highly recommend both the free and premium versions.

Cons

Sometimes, depending on the OS, the interface can be funky. For example, I find the interface for iOS/mobile to be slightly harder to use when it comes to easily rearranging projects/tasks or making comments quickly. I'd also like to see better visual organization in the form of custom icons for tasks. Though the ability to change colors exists, this often isn't enough during complex use. It would also be highly useful to assign tasks to multiple people or groups, instead of one particular person.

Joshua from Gold Coast Pet Care

As both a business owner + someone with a busy personal life, Todoist helps keep me on track!

ToDoist has allowed me to keep track of my endless list of to-dos across both my business and personal life.

Pros

I've used several "To-Do" list apps in the past, but none of them have ever stuck, until ToDoist. What started as a way for me to keep track of work tasks quickly became my go-to app for keeping me honest with my never-ending list of to-dos both in business and personal life. The ability to create multiple to-do lists and share them with multiple (and unique) people sets us up for success and accountability. I also love being able to assign a task to somebody on the shared list and provide a due date for each individual task. I've also connected ToDoist to my Amazon Echo Dot, so I can ask support team to add items to my shopping list or tasks to my to-do list. When a task is completed and checked off by someone other than me, I love that I get a mobile push notification confirming that fact, in real time. Finally, having the app on my phone along with on my iMac makes for seamless use regardless of where I'm currently working. Overall, I've been very satisfied with ToDoist!

Cons

There are some quirks to the program, but nothing that turns me off from using it. For example, each list is considered a "Project" and each project can have sub-categories. When adding a new task to a project, you are not given the option of a sub-category. Therefore, the task defaults to the bottom of the list. You then have to scroll to the bottom and drag/drop the task under the sub-category you want it to be in. I sometimes accidentally drop it in a fashion that it creates a sub-sub-category and then I have to manually change everything in that sub-category back over. I also have not found value to the Productivity Score I am given on a daily basis, along with a lifetime score. I appreciate the psychological benefit of game-ifying your to-do list, but it's just not something I find necessary.

Yaroslav from The American College of Greece

Your personal assistant everyday, everywhere || Best portable task manager

Pros

*Flexibility You can use browser, android, ios, windows, mac device, apple watch, android wear or even use a gmail or outlook. Todoist is right there for you. *UI It has the most welcoming UI of all todo managers. Of course, tastes are different. But I believe, no-one would disagree that Todoist is well made and developed with Love. *Scalability and features No being a full scale CRM does not stop Todoist from having everything you might want to have for your everyday simple lists, reminders and tasks. Todoist offers such features as a great approach to structure of tasks, flawless work on the prioritizing tasks and creating simple lists. *Integrations and little things Todoist offers a broad range of features out of the box, such as projects, links as tasks, scheduling and calendar integration. You always forget to pick up or buy something. Or want to prepare for the day by creating a simple todo - this app is for YOU.

Cons

1. More integrations needed. First of all calendars - at the moment the work there is mostly messy and is not optimized. It would be nice to have it in a compact and comfortable tab (calendar tab) and also add calendars on the go and display tasks or meeting in todoist. That would be a huge leap ahead. 2. Pricing of Todoist is not smart, to my humble opinion. First of all, they don't offer monthly payments, why not? Yes, I agree it's cheaper to pay for a year. But what if I am not sure. There are many todo apps and the pricing might be the only thing that would stop people from using todoist constantly, students for example. Would it not be nice to have more flexibility and options there.

Zoran from Self-Employed

An easy to use, versatile, productivity and organization multi-platform app.

Todoist is great for scheduling and deadlines and is an excellent collaboration tool. It is available on many platforms both online and offline, easily syncs and has an offline functionality. As a productivity tool, Todoist is great for teams allowing 50 people per project. It features the centralized team billing, management log-in tracking and priority support at an affordable price. It takes some thought and time to customize and use the product. The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial that uses a credit card information and is easy to cancel. Also, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium, and even large businesses.

Pros

Real-time Data Synchronization among the different platforms. 30-day trial and easy to cancel. The end of trial email reminder. Many ways to measure and visualize progress. Variety of platforms, apps, and plugins supported as follows: Web, Win, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android watch, Apple watch, extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Email plugins for the Outlook and Gmail. It integrates with hundreds of applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, IFTTT, and Pomodoro. Great social media presence. An excellent support blog and support help guide center. Todoist Sync and REST API for creating custom tasks and custom integration sync. Customizable shortcuts are available everywhere, regardless of the plan. Shared project settings. Quick add task feature. Project, label, reminders priority and a quick comment. Productivity meter. It has many options available for editing tasks. Available in 17 languages. Available in 10 multi-color themes. Daily and weekly goals. Motivational features. Backup downloads. Automatic downloads. Google Calendar 2-way sync integration. An email notification controls. Centralized team billing. It adds projects, labels, and filters to the favorites. It adds and removes users easily. The Todoist for Web changelog contains details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.

Cons

Not a straightforward way to sign up with an existing account on an Android app. The trial requires a credit card info although it is easy to cancel. An Android app does not move to the SD card. Free version for Android lacks reminders/alerts. It limits the list to 200 active projects and tasks per project in the premium version. It should be unlimited. 2048 characters per task name and 255 characters per project name It should be more than that. The interface takes some time to master and lacks consistency. The calendar feature is missing. Personal and business lists are not plainly separated.

Richard from Imagine Learning

An elegant cross-platform project manager that works wonderfully for individuals and small teams.

I've used Todoist for over 4 years, and it helps me manage both my work and personal projects. I use it for everything from grocery lists to large software development projects, and it works great no matter how big the project gets. The flexibility has made a huge difference. Over the years I've changed the way I work, and instead of having to go search for a new app, I can just change the labels and filters that I use to create a completely different workflow. I love that I can access my tasks and projects on my computer, phone, tablet, and even directly within Gmail. This makes it a great place to capture things that I want to do later. It's helped me stay on top of things and succeed in school, work, and at home.

Pros

I enjoy the incredible language recognition that makes it easy to capture tasks, set due dates, priorities, organize tasks by project, and apply custom labels to tasks. It's very simple and easy to use, which is uncommon among professional project management apps. It is easy to break projects into sub-projects, and use sub-tasks to help break big tasks into manageable pieces. This makes it a perfect fit for small businesses or teams. It also has great collaboration features, such as sharing tasks with others, assigning tasks and sub-tasks to individuals, and attaching files and comments to tasks or projects. Todoist has an app for every operating system, including browsers, phones, desktops, the web, and even smart watches. I personally love the Chrome browser extension and Gmail integration. I love the custom filters, they are incredibly powerful and allow you to build your own workflows. I use filters and labels to organize my tasks by location, by priority, by the amount of time each task will take, and by due date. Todoist integrates with many other products such as Google Calendar, DropBox, Google Drive, Slack, Google Assistant, and dozens more. Todoist works hard to be everywhere and integrate with everything, making it a really powerful tool.

Cons

Todoist only lets you view your tasks in list form. Most project planning tools give you a calendar view, a Kanban board view, or some other types of visualizations. You also can't set due dates on projects themselves, and don't have a way to mark a project as completed. You can compensate for this by using sub-tasks instead, but it can get annoying at times. The UI is very simple, and doesn't give you much control over themes. You can change the color of the title bar, but that's about it.

Easy to use and great feature to integrate emails in your to-do list

Pros

It integrates in your Google Chrome browser and also as a standalone app on your phone or computer. Best feature is that you can make an email in your Gmail a task into Todoist. And when on your computer, if you click on that task linked to the email, the email in Gmail will open up in full. It saves you a lot of searching time.

Cons

I wish they worked more on their reminder feature. I have been using the paid version so I could have the reminders ring on my phone. For some reason, I found that these reminders would disappear very easily from my phone without me even touching it and therefore I would end up missing items to do. Despite contacting tech support, I was not able to find a way to reminders work well for me, but this may be on me. Or maybe there are the tech support explanation was not good enough or maybe their reminders features are not strong enough. What I've been looking for is a nagging reminder that only disappears once you act upon it. I could not find how to do this - yet?

Jason from PSAV

There are a lot of to do list and organization apps out there. Todoist is one of the best!

Todoist Premium is a daily driver for me. I use to set and receive automated reminders for tasks, events, and more. I hate paying for the premium cost but in the end I can justify it because I literally use it everyday. I even use it with Google Home around the house to save things to grocery lists and add things I need to get done.

Pros

What I like most about Todoist is that it's integrated everywhere. Mac, Windows, Android, IOS, Wear OS, Google Home, Alexa... the list goes on and on. With automated features, smart dates, free and premium versions, projects, and other organizational tools you get many ways to stay on top of things.

Cons

- Free version vs Premium version differences for power users vary (for example you don't get geo location reminders w/ free version) - If you have tons of projects and lists, things can start looking a bit wild

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Geo location reminders and platform accessibility. I mean, it's on or interfaces with most of the services I use. So it was the easiest and most obvious choose to help me stay organized.

Andrew from Swarming Technology

Good Basic Program, but Better w/ Premium

Todoist has been a solid task tracker for our company since we started using it more consistently. The ability to share and assign tasks has definitely improved our communication and organization. The key is to have every member of your group task list buy into the system or it becomes virtually ineffective. The paid features give this application a leg up on competitor applications such as Google Keep.

Pros

The Todoist application is a great way to get organized on a personal or company level. With shared task lists, you can easily communicate or assign daily tasks to other individuals in your group for effortless productivity tracking. Even using the basic, unpaid version, you can assign individual tasks to different users in your group with specific due dates so that everyone can stay on the same page without additional messaging or communication. The corresponding mobile application is free works and syncs automatically with your desktop account. The operation of mobile is very similar to the desktop version, which makes for an easy transition between devices.

Cons

Like many applications, you do not get a majority of the higher quality features unless you paid for an annual license. For example, you are not able to view completed tasks unless you upgrade to the paid version, which can make task completion tracking very difficult. Another problematic design characteristic of this application is that it automatically sends you notifications for all uncompleted tasks linked to your account. While this is a preferred feature for individual lists, it is the default setting for group lists as well. This means that if you do not meticulously assign each task to an individual when that task is created in a group list, you will receive all notifications for that entire list, which can get very overbearing.

Angela from Vision Charter Academy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Good Tool for List Makers

When our school switched from Outlook to Gmail I was extremely frustrated with the options available for tracking my to-do list and projects. I researched and tried several different options but did not find anything that met my needs as well as Todoist. My position requires I wear a number of different hats and have a number of diverse, unrelated projects in progress at the same time. I needed something to help me track the associated tasks and was looking for an electronic solution rather than going back to a paper day planner.

Pros

I can create projects for each of the different roles I play at work and at home. Each individual task can be assigned to the appropriate project. Tasks can be assigned due dates and I can view my tasks for the day or get a broader view of the next seven days. By moving up to the Premium version I also gained the ability to add comments, subgroups, and activities. Each task can be assigned a priority to help identify the tasks that are most critical. Todoist was easy to learn. I also liked being able to have a list of tasks for the day sent to my email each morning.

Cons

Comments were not available in the free version. The subgroups option was not available when I first started using it.

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

It had more of the features I needed than the other options I considered.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

The "TO DO" List for Overachievers

Todoist has evolved with some features since I first used it. I wanted a "To Do" list a while back to monitor and track certain projects and ideas. Instead of a stand alone "To Do" list I wanted something that allowed me to add others and use it as a shareable and collaborative tool. Todoist was able to do just that. And I find it easy to use, setup and work with. If you have ever used a "To Do" list, this will be second nature. I have not tried the Premium or Business levels, but from what I am able to see, they are also very powerful and useful, as long as you can operate your business or projects as "To Do" lists.

Pros

Todoist is a simple as it gets. It is a glorified "To Do" list with features that makes life easier. What makes Todoist superior to your average "To Do" list is its ability to group, categorize, and use filters. While these feature do exist in other basic "To Do" list, they do not have the same simple and intuitive interface of Todoist. And this is just the free version. Want to create "Projects" and track them as a "To Do" list, you can do it here... with ease. There are also many settings features and options, like import/export, sorting, and more. Want more power? Upgrade to Premium and get extras like labels, commenting and much more. Todoist also has Business accounts for all out collaboration among teams where projects can be managed via a "To Do" list format.

Cons

There are no cons I can see other than the somewhat tricky perception that features listed on the app while using the free version are actually part of premium. When using Todoist's free version, if you click on the visible links to add a filter or label, you are presented with a pop-up that tells you it is a premium version. Sort of a cross-sell there, which I often find a bit deceitful. But please, do not get me wrong. If such features are needed, it is worth the upgrade.

Michael from Widget Financial

The best “to do” tracker around!

I used to use Evernote and Omnifocus to track my tasks. Both are great products, but don’t hold a candle to ToDoIst. I can’t recommend it enough!

Pros

Using natural language to input to do’s is a game changer. Simply speaking or typing as you would natural speak create as a to do that is tracked, attached to a project, and scheduled couldn’t be easier. Plus the fun “Karma” level tracker that allows you to “level up” as you complete tasks is a fun diversion.

Cons

I wish using the app was as easy as using the web site. If you want to move multiple tasks to a project when you are cleaning out your inbox (and using Getting Things done methodology) you have to select and move them individually. In the web browser you can use CTRL to select multiple tasks. Other than this, ToDoIst is the perfect tracker!

Maciej from Maciej Nowak Enterprise Financing

The best to-do list management app.

I am using Todoist for years now (since 2015 AFAIK) for day-to-day tasks and small projects. It is just fantastic. Maybe it would be even better if it had more integrations with CRM software out there (I use Freshsales), because I am still to find a CRM that manages to-dos in a manner Todoist does.

Pros

It's multiplatform, instant to use, mobile widget helps planning tasks on the go. Integration with google calendar is stellar. Natural language functionality is one feature that speeds things up a lot. The best task management app should help save time ans maximize productivity. Todoist does exactly that and does it very well.

Cons

Windows 10 desktop app is not up to par (unless something has changed in the last few months). The solution was to install the legacy app instead (much better) or just use your browser. I ended up using Shift (app that manages other apps) and it integrates with todoist seamlessly. Could not be happier.

Luis Ignacio from DePodcast.com

The program that my life needed for order.

One of the great benefits is to be able to include all the work team in a single platform, so you can evaluate who is responsible and the dates they have for each task assigned. It is a very efficient platform to organize work and who should respond. It is the intelligent virtual assistant that helps you not to have scattered spaces within your work teams. Personally, I have managed to improve my organization and be able to meet clients without forgetting anything. Reminders and being able to share tasks, has improved the performance of the daily activities that I acquire.

Pros

24 hours seems like many hours, but when you have several jobs and responsibilities in publishing content and others, your life can be quite busy, so do not leave home. With Todoist I have achieved the balance I was looking for to be able to fulfill everything. I like that I can easily separate everything I have to do in a day, for weeks or in the month. I have managed to return my social life, scheduling space to go out and share with my friends and family. You can with Todoist, build projects in your calendar, in which you can dedicate the right and precise time so that you do not lose the notion of each effort that you dedicate to it, as well as the necessary periods for review and many other things that by routine escape Another element that I like a lot, is that I can include other related people in my plans, which saves me time in sending emails or notices, Todoist does everything for me.

Cons

They have invested a lot of time and inventiveness to offer one of the best time-organizing platforms I've ever met. I believe that the positive aspects are greater than the negative ones, so for my part, I only appreciate their multiple options and benefits for the organization of my work.

Ken from colab interactive

Best list-based task manager

I spent a year using Todoist and mostly liked it but tired of using all that time create a list but then not being able to see my day or week visually. Still looking for that solution.

Pros

If you are a fan of this style of task manager then Todoist is the best I've seen and used (and paid for). THe options provide when creating a task are numerous and intuitive, and its easy to create a task and assign it to someplace. Lots of ability to customize. The auto-complete features are very good.

Cons

I am biased towards something more graphic and wanted more a of a mashup between a task manager (Todoist) and a calendar view. It's not enough for me to see what my tasks are, I want to place them on a calendar and see me day or week. Can't be done w/Todoist, and the GCal integration never worked for me (not Todoist fault).

Paul from Illovo Sugar Africa

Organise your day with ease

I have generally loved todoist, especially for being smart and easy to use. Give it a try and am sure you will love it

Pros

I like the app mostly for its easiness. You type a task and the enter button is just on your right, ready for entry. When you enter your task, the text field doesn't close, allowing you to enter multiple tasks until you finish, then enter again to exit. You'll then see your list of tasks well arranged in your widget. I like the widget in that your tasks can be marked done right from the widget, one task at a time. Time and dates are automatically detected as you type. For example, you may just type "new visitor coming at 5pm tomorrow" and todoist will pick the time and tomorrow's date and keep a reminder at that specific time, so convenient. You can create multiple widgets, each with its own category of tasks or reminders, for example, inbox, within 7 days, personal, office or any other category as you may wish to personalize. It gives you the freedom to apply color themes of your choice. You can also customize the way you want to be reminded by the app. Snoozing can also be customized. Your activities can be synced and be managed on different devices.

Cons

A space between tasks in the widget is unnecessarily wide. The widgets cannot be made transparent. It occludes my beloved wallpaper.

Ari from Nominis, LLC

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Good potential but basic functions missing unless you pay

I am often looking at different options for project management and day-to-day task tracking for myself and my clients. I try to test out new products without getting caught up in shiny object syndrome and subscribing to things that may or may not work without thoroughly testing them.

Pros

This could be a good task-tracking app for people who need help organizing their to-do lists by projects and sub-projects. The Karma feature that gamifies getting stuff done might appeal to people who might appreciate the feedback and tracking of productivity. It seemed as though there are a lot of other great features to help you stay on top of your busy life, assuming you think it's worth paying for it. Syncing between the web and phone apps was seamless and quick, and the ability to easily drag tasks around in one place and see them quickly update in the other is impressive. I have a client who has the full-on paid Business level of ToDoist and they often sing its praises, so if you're willing to purchase the Premium or Business version, this probably will help you stay on top of things in your personal and business life in a way that should help reduce your stress level.

Cons

The free version gives you a taste of what the fully-featured software is capable of, but it is frustrating to keep getting blocked from doing some of the most basic things until you pay for the Premium level. Often, when you create a task, you may find it helpful to include a quick comment or URL regarding what needs to be done. Unfortunately, even short comments aren't allowed until you pay money. Also, labels can be a great way to filter a busy to-do list in a way that helps you maintain order during a busy day. But that also can't even be tried until you pay. I understand that companies can't be expected to give things away for free, but perhaps they need to move to a free trial period for the Premium product so that people can truly test out the program for at least a week before having to pay for basic functionality that is included in other productivity apps.

The Best To-Do App for Me

Overall, I am very happy with the app. I use it every day for managing and planning my to-do list at work and personal stuff.

Pros

Todoist is like a to-do app and project management software combined. At first I was very hesitant to use it because of its subscription model. I'm not a fan of subscription type apps but still I use it because of it's great features. I use it for work and personal stuff, applying the GTD method. You can create unlimited projects, sub-projects, tasks and sub-tasks. Other features are available for premium users only - like using tags and filters, which are very important for this kind of app for easier management and organization. I also like the cross platform capability, it can be used on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.

Cons

Other great features are for premium users only and pricing is a little bit high for me. I wish they could offer a one-time payment for the app.

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

I chose Todoist because of recommendations from other users and websites.

Arshad from MS Society of Canada

Industry: Philanthropy

The perfect life planner

Pros

- Amazing way to sort lists - you can have projects and labels (labels only available in the paid subscription). I am looking into the GTD model by David Allen and labels are used as "contexts" - meaning that I have things to do in certain environments or contexts. I have list for things I need to do in the office, or at home, or on the computer, or at the grocery store, or at my kid's school. Once you are in a particular context, you look to your label for things you need to do at that particular place - Projects are a great way to organize yourself, having the ability to see updates for a particular project is really convenient - A vast list of shortcuts to improve efficiency -Drag and drop features make it convenient to sort your lists/projects -Date reminder - as soon as you have an item to do and input a date/time, the app understands this and generates a reminder for the task at that particular date/time, which is really cool! -Sharing projects - if someone else has the app, you can share a project in real time - Can access the app across devices

Cons

-Dates - sometimes I don't want the date to be included as a reminder but the app always translates the date as such and would be nice if I could hit the backspace on the app and it would understand that it is not something I want as a reminder -Checklists - would be good if Todoist integrated checklists like Google Keep where you can copy and paste lists from a text message and Todoist would interpret each line as a separate list item or give you the option to paste it as separate items or one list

Dan from Bennington College

Great for recurring tasks

Pros

I have been using the free version for a while now and really like the ability to set a recurring schedule for tasks (daily, weekly, monthly, annually, etc.) as many of the projects I need to work on repeat on a fairly regular schedule. If I am pulled in another direction temporarily, Todoist has a quick and easy list that I can return to and it also allows me to prioritize my day with the ability to assign "priority flags" to particular tasks.

Cons

There is no tracking or seeing your completed tasks (because it is the free version) to see if there are any trends in how you work that might show areas for improvement.

Ashley from Motion Sports Medicine

Stay Organized!

Great! I feel so accomplished when Todoist tells me I completed multiple goals in one day. You don’t realize how many tasks you complete in one day and seeing that notification that I’m doing a good job motivates me to complete more tasks and stay focused.

Pros

Love how you can organize your daily, weekly, monthly and even annual tasks! Set a date for any task and Todoist will remind you when to complete! Also you can assign task to other people or groups. I love how easy it is to create and assign tasks—very user friendly. My favorite part about Todoist is that you can create templates, and import/export information from a template multiple times. For example, you can create an on boarding template for a new hire that includes all the necessary steps or tasks required to make that new hire an employee. Tasks can be as simple as “copy of US Passport”. If you want to get real fancy, you can create principal tasks with sub tasks underneath it, such as, principal task: “New Patient Paperwork” then sub tasks: “Health Questionnaire” , “Medications List”, “Copy of Insurance Card and Driver’s License”, etc. Follow the videos on Todoist’s website as they will walk you through how to complete templates and principal tasks with sub tasks! They are very helpful!

Cons

It doesn’t work very well as a computer application software. It works better as an internet application software, or works better when you log on from the internet. I also was interested in an iPhone app for personal use and I don’t think they have one. If they do, by all means, download it for every day task organization!

From 10 different task management apps to one!

Pros

Task management and to do lists had always been a tedious chore for me. I've had to try and use way too many applications and plugins to keep track of my todo list and tasks. Then I found todoist, and most of my problems got sorted instantly. Todoist has a simple intuitive interface for adding new tasks and viewing tasks/project lists. But don't let that fool you, as it is super powerful and as detailed as you'd like it to be. Todoist also integrates woth every other programme I use. The Outlook integration can turn my emails into tasks instantly, and the same can be done with Gmail. It also integrates with Google Chrome allowing me to add tasks on the go, whether I need to add a note about a website link to read later or even create a research project based on a published paper I found. I also enjoy using the geo-location reminder, especially when I am running errands around town, as todoist would immdiately remind me to pick up the laundery or buy bread as I get closer to my favorite bakery.

Cons

Generally, there is nothing that I did not like about Todoist. However, after a few attempts with project managers to adapt them to use todoist as a simplified project manager app were met with failure, I realized that most PMs still prefer old clangy solutions over new simpler ones (the same issue was faced when trying to adopt basecamp internally).

Cemre from Summit

Todoist is Wonderful

Overall, I really do enjoy Todoist. It is a great app to keep you organized.

Pros

I really love Todoist and the ease of using something so simple but effective. Adding things on to your list is so easy and the feature that allows you to type the date and time you want to be reminded is a huge time saver. It keeps you organized with the multiple labels you can place on your items, and it keeps you motivated with the fun "Karma points" you get when you complete tasks. I love that.

Cons

I really hate this app around any daylight savings change. Honestly - everything else about this app is practically flawless but this one thing. Everything gets shifted and doesn't revert back to normal for DAYS after daylight savings​ happens. Contacting customer support is useless during this time because they're being flooded with emails and calls about the same problem. Hopefully,​ they have fixed this issue.

Robb from RE/MAX Advantage Redlands

The easy way to keep your life on task

Todo list has helped me get back control of my time when it comes to task scheduling and being able to not have things full thru the cracks. I am so much more efficient.

Pros

The hands-down best two features of this application are the chrome extension and the mobile app. It's so easy to pop open either way and start to put in what your tasks are or even better know what still needs to be done and then click the check mark to say it's done. The schedule feature could not be any easier to use to set your date and time. Just type in plain English and bam it understand it and schedules it. If you want to know what still needs to be done then just click it open and you see at a glance everything you still need to do. I love the feature to re-schedule things you can get done, it's a click of one button, and it puts them in the best time slots it thinks you will get them done. Since it is using AI, it gets better over time at knowing your time schedule tendencies.

Cons

Since it uses AI at first it's not that good at re-scheduling items for it just puts them on the next day. At times it does not fully understand what time and date your putting in and seems to get confused when you are on the mobile app.

Kay from Teach 2 Teach

Incredibly solid product. All the features you'd expect.

Really great. Still use it every day many years later.

Pros

Fast! It's super simple and reliable. That's clearly the main focus of Todoist. It works every time. It's on all platforms expected. If you're looking for speed, reliability, and scalability, this is the task manager.

Cons

It lacks advanced features such as timers and advanced auto-schedulers. Skedpal has some great auto-scheduling features I'd like to see Todoist adopt. And I'd love countdown timers for knocking out to-dos. Lets say I have 30 minutes, tell me what tasks in what order to do with a countdown timer for each task.

Steve from Holiday Inn Express

The Go To Productivity Tool For Mobile and Desktop

I'm the type of person who's focused when I want to be, however, distractions easily occur which is why I needed a tool to assit with my tasks and goals. Todoist has signigicantly improved that for me and I am forever grateful for having this tool via my laptop, desktop and mobile device with their mobile APP. Overall I'm very satisfied with Todist and there is a free option for people who are just starting out. I'd highly recommend it.

Pros

What I particularly like about Todoist is the overall layout. Whether using a mobile device, the APP or desktop, it's layout is comparable to your typical email provider, which makes it easy to navigate as well as to get the tasks done at hand.

Cons

The premium upgrade caters to a large majority for those that are in need of assistance to their productivity, however the downside is that the current pricing $3 per month (as of 28/04/2020) appears to be somewhat of incredible value, however, it's commitment to pay only annually, may question a lot of first time users as to whether the $36 up front cost is worth paying for the upgrade. The upside to this is that their current "business" plan does have a monthly option of only just $6 a month, enabling a lot of short time task users to commit morever their premium plan. Happy days!

Ryan from University of Nebraska at Omaha

Use it every day

Pros

I've bounced around between a half dozen different task management systems, but Todoist is the first one I've stuck with for more than a month or two. I've been using it now for over a year to manage all the things I work on. It's awesome because it's easy to schedule items across projects and see what I have to work on today. The integrations with other applications like Pomodone make it easy to make everything work within my workflow, and they don't try to restrict how you use your todo list. Their support is also really good, and they have a very quick release cycle. I once notified the company about an issue and a fix was released within a day. It's a solid application, and they keep making it easier to use. I love the natural language processing on your todos that automatically converts text to a due date. I can say "Work on X feature on Monday" and "on Monday" gets translated into a due date for the next week. Having an email address I can send/forward things to to add them to my todo list is great. I use it all the time to keep my Inbox empty, but make sure I'm still tracking all the todo items in my list.

Cons

The desktop application for Windows is pretty mediocre. I just use the website because the application feels limited somehow.

Unload your head

Probably the hardest part of Todoist is taking the time to break out the tasks in your life and get them into the system so you can have it all there. Keeping up with it after that isn't so bad and gives great peace of mind knowing that you don't need to keep all this stuff at the forefront all the time.

Pros

Gives a cross-platform means of recording whatever it is you need to get done in any area of life. Track all the steps of major projects. Break everything down action by action. Record a quick note for yourself wherever it is you think of it. Get it out of your head and into a system you trust to reduce stress and anxiety. The free version contains enough features to be useable, but the reasonably-priced pro version does add the important feature of reminders if you're the type to need that, on top of many other enhancements that let you organize more effectively if that's the kind of life you've got.

Cons

The worst I could say is the features like reminders and task notes are locked behind the paid version but is that really a con? It's a good software and not littered with ads in the free version so if those are features you need, it's probably worth paying the modest cost for.

Mitxel from US Army

Industry: Military

Best task tracker, hands-down.

Todoist is fantastic and I have no complaints. It has allowed me to organize my life and get more things done.

Pros

Todoist is the best task tracking app and software that I have ever used. I have tried multiple different native and otherwise task trackers and nothing has come close to todoist in terms of functionality and easy of use. The intelligent scheduler that allows you to type plain language when something is and if it repeats or not is second to none and it makes setting up tasks easy

Cons

There really isn't anything that I can complain about when it comes to todoist. I don't pay for the premium subscription and I think that it would be nice to have some of the features available to everyone, but the subscription really is not that expensive, and it would be worth it to upgrade. I am just too cheap ;)

Mitch from Nu-Design

Todoist Keeps EVERYTHING Organized

Todoist has given us a central place to keep track of everything we have to do. I use it as a quick daily planner, a place to store a few pieces of data that are needed often, and a way to keep up with home tasks, work projects and family responsibilities. The software is very well thought out!

Pros

Having tried a number of different list software apps ...this one had all the features I was looking for and a few that I hadn't even considered. Todoist works everywhere--there is a windows 10 app, a phone app, a panel for Outlook and a web version--very convenient. It does what most list apps do, but has some important features that really help: 1) You can make a series of individual named lists and items within can be hierarchical. 2) items on lists can be scheduled, tagged, labeled and highlighted. 3) Lists can be shared with other users and in that case items can be assigned. 4) List items can have notes and items attached. 5)Shared items can be set to notify list users when something changes.

Cons

Occasionally it is difficult to move an item to a specific depth in a hierarchy by dragging. However there are right click menu items that help solve that.

Julian Jacques from DIaLOGIKa

Organises my day

Pros

Todoist is probably the essential productivity tool I use. It organises all my tasks and helps me to stay on top of everything. The way I can enter new tasks, choose a due date and set a reminder just by typing a natural sentence is incredible​. The iOS app is also great and even allows me to create new tasks with Siri.

Cons

The Windows app sometimes has sync issues, causing tasks to reappear. The recent price increase is a bit too much for what it's offering, but my old account was grandfath​ered in so I personally cannot complain.

Matha from Illovo

Quick and Easy Tasking

Pros

Todoist is easy to use. You can just scroll down your notification panel and find your plus sing for Todoist there, click it and boom, you're adding a task. No need to open your app drawer. It has autodetection of date and time as you type your tasks on it. It has different types of widgets and you can put more than one widget on a screen. You can choole different notification styles and tones for your reminders. Snoozing feature is very handy, it keeps you tracking your task until it is finished. It automatically arranges/sorts your tasks in order of time, starting from overdue, today, tomorrow and days to come. When all activities are completed, Todoist gives a report on the finished tasks, which gives some motivation. Reminders/tasks can also be tagged. You can add subtasks and description under one task. I also like the search feature on the app, which helps you find your taks or event easier. It also has filter, to further simplify the job of searching your reminders, events of tasks

Cons

There is no inbuilt calendar, wish there was one. If you have a small sreen on your phone, just few tasks will fill up the screen. The gap between tasks is not as you would see in other applications.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,143 reviews