• Pros

• "The ease of use is great, I love taking the conversation from the website to texting, and it's great for that. It also makes it pretty easy to request reviews, and so that is great."

• "Easy to use. Love the ability to assign conversations to me so I can seamlessly start answering questions and making appts with customers"

• "It is easy to use and offers lots of options for the consumer and user"

• Cons

• "Set-up was easy however it took use a while to get everyone to use the program as intended. Took a little while to set-up."

• "Sometimes the home page can glitch, but it's always resolved momentarily. "

• "The interface can be a tad confusing to work around initially, but becomes a breeze after a short amount of time."

Browse Podium Reviews

Kevin from Done For You Real Estate USA

Love it but don't always love paying for it!

Overall, it's really good. I'm a big fan of feeling valued as a customer, and I don't feel valued, I feel like a number. I rarely get check-ins from the company. On top of that, I think the ability to get reviews could be a little better. Our customers just don't really react when we ask them for the review. They are always willing, but then seem to have some difficulty completing the process.

Pros

Cons

It feels really expensive to me. At this point I might be able to get similar functionality for significantly less money, but nonetheless, because we've made the investment in it and trained our team on it, I selfishly don't want to have to deplore another program and do another batch of training.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

It had the components of Intercom I liked, but also gave us the ability to hopefully simply get reviews. I also liked that the conversation moves from the web to the phone.

I think about 2 or so years ago, maybe a year and a half

Tiffany from Adam's Pest Control

If you aren't using Podium, what are you waiting for?

The podium has been instrumental in the overall growth of our company. From google reviews to sales, to collections, Podium has been part of the experience every step of the way. Also as we were growing Podium was also growing and their innovations consistently kept the fire in us to push ourselves beyond our own limits and become the paperless, and digital company that we are today :)

Pros

What I like most about Podium is its ease of not only use but training anybody new. We are a growing company hiring annually now more and more and Podium is by far the easiest trained software that we use. It's not only self-efficient but training is clean, straight-forward, and it's beyond user-friendly.

Cons

There are at this stage in the game a lot of add on's that you can certainly do with Podium. It goes from a very low cost to mid-range cost quickly as you realize you really do need and want all the bells and whistles that Podium can offer. It's not so much that it is a negative, but it does become a challenge sometimes when having to pitch a wonderful new feature of Podium to your decision-makers when the words "and it cost ---- extra" comes into play.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

The cost being unlimited text vs other companies were charging for a threshold of texts coming inbound and outbound. So although other companies gave you a package deal with the bells and whistles the true cost was in the inbound and outbound text, and when your business is 95% text-based for communication thousands of text per month can break the bank when you charge per text. Podium being on an unlimited text made it an easy decision and makes it understandable when sometimes the bells and whistles are add-on cost.

Erik from Urban Tailz

"We wish we could do more to help, but this really is as far as we can go."

Podium will use that 1-yr agreement you sign against you no matter how many issues you have with their services. They will ignore you, say they've cancelled services with the same template email over and over again, and yet your credit card will still be charged each month. We hope that everyone takes pause when signing that 1-year contract with Podium. We wish we had taken pause before signing up.

Pros

When the software works, it really is a nice system. Our issue is that the software never worked. My employees had consistent issues with messages not showing up in the inbox or not receiving notifications when new messages came in. I myself did not receive a single notification for a new message for over a month, and it was still not fixed by the time we finally decided we had enough and switched to another system. I also had to reach out to them weekly to see if my issues have been figured out because they will never reach back out to you about the issues you're having.

Cons

Trying to cancel with Podium is the worst experience we've ever had with a company. My partner had to pretend to be a new client prospect to get Podium to help us because they will dodge and outright ignore correspondences about cancelling service. They've admitted their issues, told us they are letting us out of the 1-yr contract, yet they are still charging our credit card each month. We have finally had to take the issue up with our credit card company.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

That sentence in my title was in every cancellation template email we received from Podium. We’ve received multiple “your services have been cancelled” template emails with that sentence in it, and yet we still have not had our services fully cancelled. We believe this sentence to be very fitting and a view into how Podium treats their customers. This is the first bad review I’ve ever written. We’re in customer service. We know how important reviews are to businesses, and we would rather just move on from a bad experience than write a bad review about a company. We know most companies are trying their best, and sometimes bad things just happen. I feel it necessary to write this though as to help others when making a decision about starting services with Podium. Podium will use that 1-yr agreement you sign against you no matter how many issues you have with their services. They will ignore you, say they've cancelled services with the same template email over and over again, and yet your credit card will still be charged each month. No customer should have to resort to pretending to be a new customer to get someone to help, and no customer should have to finally deal with their credit card company because Podium will not cancel your account properly no matter what they say. We hope that everyone takes pause when signing that 1-year contract with Podium. We wish we had taken pause before signing up.

Kaitlin from Duffy's Auto Brokerage

All In One Place!

I have really enjoyed using Podium and feel that it has been well worth the investment. We have looked at other forms of software that are similar but we continue to feel confident in Podium because of the variety of services that they offer. It has been awesome that our young tech savvy employees are comfortable with this software but that it is easy enough for our older employees to use as well. I am sure that we will continue to use podium for years to come!

Pros

I love that all of our messaging either from different social media sites or from our own website comes to one location! It is really nice that all of our employees have access to this site and because of that, we are able to reply very quickly to messages that come in. I also like that our reviews show up here and we are able to respond to them through the Podium platform rather than needing to go to Google, Facebook, Yelp etc. to find the reviews.

Cons

I wish that somehow we were able to consolidate the review notifications so that if we invite someone to review us on google and they write a review, we don't get two separate messages/notifications about it.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Podium encompasses the messaging aspect of our website, inquiries from Facebook, text messages to our company phone number and reviews from multiple websites. There was no other software that offered an encompassing package like Podium for the price that we are paying.

Troy from 1300AUSTRALIA

Very good at what it does

Overall I'm very pleased with Podium. Despite the few shortcomings it alowed us to acheive our goals in a relatively short time frame and within budget.

Pros

The ability to send Google review requests directly to customers via SMS was amazing. It was exactly what we needed to get our review score up to, and past, our target score within the space of only a few months. The interface is incredibly user friendly and managing teams is about as simple as it gets.

Cons

I found that a lot of the time it wouldn't correctly tag who within our team was resposible for receiving reviews. There's also no ability to customise reports. It owuld be great if there could also be more integrations with additional review platforms, as we were stuck with only being able to provide the option for Google reviews as we don't accept Facebook Reviews. This caused us to miss a few reviews as customers didn't have Google accounts.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Price and features best matched our needs and staff were incredibly helpful.

Van from AutoBox Detail

Podium has been a game changer

Podium has been great both for communicating with customers and for generating more reviews. I would highly recommend!

Pros

I love the texting capabilities with podium. When a customer signs up for an appointment with my booking software (Acuity) they get a text from a real phone number that they can respond to. Other services send a text from a number that does not accept responses. This has by far been the best feature with podium for my business.

Cons

Getting the initial integration setup was a bit more complicated than I would expect, but once the integration was setup it has been smooth sailing.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Podium seemed to have a lot stronger CSM team to help me get things rolling.

Gregg from Team Rooter

Podium Rocks & The Product Works

They are amazing and I am looking forward to see where the product will go in the future.

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to train people, and it works to get customer reviews in the right place on the internet. Google reviews are king and the Podium works great with Google Reviews.

Cons

The customer support could be better and more knowledgeable. The company is growing fast and they have a lot of new people who do not know the product.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

They are the best and most reliable. Also, they have the tightest partnership and integration with Google.

Amy from Congressional Plastic Surgery

review

Pros

The review invite and it's simplicity have helped increase patient reviews. The inbox is easy to manage

Cons

If we enter a contacts phone number incorrectly, it can't be edited...only the name. That is annoying. The biggest issue and disappointment is we feel mislead as we were told when sold the software that it would integrate with our CMS system only to find out it doesn't and there has been no attempt to rectify this. In fact I was told to contact Symplast myself. I don't understand why I as the customer should be doing the leg work on this.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

It was a close competition, but ultimately chose podium because it looked a tad more user friendly then birdeye. I will be finding out if birdeye integrates with our CMS and if it does we will switch when our contract is up.

Alicia from Thompson

Chat and review tool in one

Good

Pros

Great way to increase google reviews and BDC likes the chat portion.

Cons

I do not have any complaints or input at this point

Reasons for Switching to Podium

Ready for change, other too much clutter on site.

kyle from Bordner Home Improvement

Podium is the Bomb Dot Com

Pros

The ease of setup, the fast ability to train a team and get leads coming in through text, and allow templates to be setup to make it not a lot of time to integrate.

Cons

The cost is a few hundred per month for the features that we use in it, but it has been worth it in every penny. Needs to add a payment feature to delay customer payment till date of service, otherwise their new payment integration is great!

Reasons for Switching to Podium

Price of Intercom was terrible, customer service was good, but product was too clunky.

Callie from Cypress Oral Surgery

Essential to business amid COVID-19

We were looking at switching to another product simply due to the expense of Podium. After reaching out Podium had no trouble dropping our price about 33%- why not just give us a more competitive price from the get go?

Pros

I love how easy it is to answer quick questions that cut down on phone calls to the office. I also can't overstate how helpful the review request templates are for quick texting!

Cons

The mobile app is very flawed. Messages are missed or just not seen, even when I know what I'm looking for. Podium is absolutely a desktop experience from the management side.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Swell was cheaper and had some very attractive options. Honestly, the only reson we didn't switch is because changing products amid a pandemic was something we didn't think would be wise to inflict on our team.

Brittney from Frontier Basement Systems

Everything in one place

Have had a great experience. Set up and add-ons are easy. Easy to use.

Pros

One place, multiple platforms combine. Appointment Center Reps do not need to check multiple dashboards, log in to multiple sites. It is all very transparent who sent what, saw what, etc. There are sites that are cheaper but we like the simplicity of this one. We can text customers and employee, create templates for consistent messaging, request reviews, NPS, all in one place. We know there are additional products available such as payments on Podium that we choose not to use. There is more that can be done with it than we need.

Cons

It is not the cheapest platform for what we are doing but it is comfortable and does a great job. Would be interested to see group, mass messaging, and schedule messaging.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Like the dashboard, ease of use, full transparently among all users.

Reasons for Switching to Podium

Price, Value, combined multiple platforms. Texting, WebChat, Review Management, NPS rankings.

Excellent chat software with review integration

Podium allows us to connect with shoppers as they are browsing the site to answer questions immediately and secure more deals.

Pros

The review integration with facebook and google is excellent. We are able to send review invitations via text and respond to them within the app. We can also assign them to the various salespeople who actually worked the deal so they can respond accordingly. We also have podium on our homepage to engage with browsing customers and answer any questions they may have.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with some of our third party advertising sources like other options do. Sometimes there are glitches with the software and messages do not send properly.

Tammy from VW Lee's summit

Need some features

It isn't bad product. I would like the change above, as well as I will periodically stop getting notifications on my cell phone, so I miss messages as well. Same with the desktop option. Sometimes, replies will not pop up in the lower corner of screen. So I will constantly switch to see if anyone responds.

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to slip in and send a message. I also like the integration with our CRM software

Cons

Cannot sent to multiple people. For example, there are times when I need to send a message to husband and wife. I can't do that via podium, so I am forced to go tot my cell phone, which is not ideal for my job title.

JOSH from HELFMAN COLLISION

Great Program!

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to navigate through the different pages and separate my message boards from my coworkers. The program is fast and efficient and I have not experienced any issues.

Cons

On a rare occasion, customers have reported that they were unable to open links sent through podium. It is my belief that this was likely user error on their end as I have not experienced this issue.

Reasons for Switching to Podium

It's nicer and more efficient when communicating with customers. And using their phone number rather than their email is far superior.

Steve from Smith Village

Industry: Furniture

Connectivity at its finest...

Podium has really enhanced our online presence with customers. They're seemingly more willing to send a text-based message as opposed to calling. With the current COVID-climate, we've really seen an increase in messages forwarded via this service. It also allows our associates to more easily stay in touch with their clients, even if they're out-of-the-office.

Pros

Simply put, the ease of use. Podium allows us to communicate with our customers across various platforms, while being able to send pictures and forward hyperlinks. It's truly a versatile program that continues to serve us well.

Cons

There are the occasional glitches - infrequently, we won't receive email notifications of Podium inquiries. As we typically have the software up and running at all times, this sporadic issue can be minimized.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Value, options and functionality were quite attractive with Podium. It has performed very well for our needs.

Jordan from Quality Furniture & Appliance

Get it and rethink any department you think could use it

We absolutely love the podium product. We receive great reviews, and are able to get in touch with clients that simply stop communicating any other way - especially our past due clients.

Pros

It makes collections, review solicitations, and even internal communications much easier than any alternative I've found.

Cons

Some members of the sales team are more intense than they need to be and follow up beyond the intrusive level.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

It was willing to do the work to integrate with our POS and wasn't a per text fee which I appreciated.

Gjenes from Bay Alarm Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Tracking Reviews Can Be Easy

Being able to easily track and report the teams stats on sending/collecting reviews. Easy platform for our team and our customers.

Pros

What I like most about Podium is the ability to add each representative so that they can send out invites to the customers they speak to. I like this feature because as a Marketing Specialist, I'm not on the phone with customers - they are. They can easily plug in their phone number or email address and the customer will receive the invite! They simply click the link and leave us a review. It makes it easy for not just the team, but the customers as well. That is very important to us.

Cons

The inability to get access ALL analytical results on the dashboard. You get some of the info, but in order to look at everything, I have to generate different reports from the platform and look at it in a spreadsheet. This is probably the most annoying and inconvenient part of using this platform. It has the ability to filter and look at stats for some things and other things, its not there.

Kaity from Bob Weaver Auto

So easy to use!

Without Podium it was difficult for us to get reviews and maintain a high rating. Since we starting using the platform we're up nearly a thousand reviews. The Facebook messaging integration has been great too since we don't need to give everyone access to our Facebook page.

Pros

The software is so easy to use that we have just about everyone in our dealership using it. A quick walkthrough was all our least tech savvy people needed to be able to use it. Since starting with Podium our overall Google rating has jumped up to 4.7 and we have nearly 1500 reviews.

Cons

Occasionally the tagging feature is a little wonky. For example one of our employees has the same first name as the company so he is tagged in every review that mentions the company by name.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Podium was more cost effective and had more features that appealed to our dealership.

Brandon from Joshua’s Pest Control

Great Concept

Pros

I liked being able to speak directly with the customer via text message and be able to see real time responses.

Cons

This has been really useful in connecting with customers in a new way. The issues I have with it are loading of customer information when typing numbers. It takes a long time to look up and identify a contact. The other issue may be on our end but once a review has been sent we cannot send another even if it has been a year since if was sent. Very frustrating.

Isabella from Alascom

A more complete view of your customers' opinions about your services.

We use this software to manage all the interactions that we carry out with each of the clients that we have at our disposal, both the powerful ones, with more daily purchases of the products we make, and the most loyal ones that in the same way carry out and request operations , of the services we offer, mentioning that this system allows us to track the comments that are made, on multiple different platforms, giving immediate notifications, to respond to the reviews directly, in a very fast way, and to offer a warm and surprising service.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it allows to carry out all its functionalities from a single panel, which is one of the qualities that I like the most because we can carry out the work within this platform in an extremely easy, without adverse or disastrous complications, mentioning that it allows you to automatically track the reviews of the products you make, or the services offered by an organization, in order to respond very quickly, on the comments made by each of the registered users to the business platforms maintained by each of these establishments.

Cons

One of the most notable difficulties about this software is its price, mentioning that it is very broad and expensive when we address economic issues, this can be a significant problem, because most organizations, called small , they can't afford to pay these high monetary costs, not to mention that they should integrate better combined reports for the multiple customer locations they interact with frequently.

Mike from Casa KIA

A product that works.

The staff is great and very responsive. Really like the interface and ease of use of the system.

Pros

There’s a lot of companies out there that have products for our digits age but I’ve found one in Podium that is useful. I do all reputation management for the Automotive group I work for and it’s incredibly easy to manager because of Podium. I can connect with all customers from all my stores without needing to have multiple logins and with the easy of a click of a button to switch between stores. Lots of other benefits but this is the one I love most. We want to be in direct contact with all our customers and this tool makes it easy.

Cons

I can’t really think of something I don’t like. The only thing I would think to improve it as a tool that would offer more to the customer is change from automated responses to Facebook messages to a team that handles incoming messages.

Marina from Sioux Falls Ford

Been with Podium through many changes and additions

Overall positive because of the headway we have made on public reviews.

Pros

The cost is inexpensive and it really does help get reviews

Cons

As new additions and upgrades are coming, it feels like reviews has gone on the back burner. Like everything else is more important. In fact, when another dealer of ours signed up, the reviews shows up as an "add on" for invoicing when this used to be the focus. So, it has also gotten way more expensive over the years. Additions also seem to influence functionality of review aspect on dashboard and things "break" more often. Also, I think that support doesn't work weekends from when we had an issue and I had to call that I wash I got.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Cost was cheap and training employees was easier.

Megan from McGonigle Dental Associates

Awesome!

I enjoyed using Podium! It was very beneficial for our office needs

Pros

It was user friendly and targeted a different type of customer/patient. Texting is the new way of contacting or communicating with other people and responses were quicker and more accurate.

Cons

The program was easy to use but it was hard to pinpoint exact lists when need be

Reasons for Switching to Podium

More options for our office needs

Kate from American Custom Contractors

Great platform for easing customer communications

Great experience with the set up, customer service, and the results we have seen from acquiring more customer reviews.

Pros

This program allows our customers to contact us via text and vice versa, which is increasing the preferred method of communication for our clientele. It allows us to store communications, assign conversations to employees, and ask homeowners for reviews on social media. The review request feature seamlessly links to our preferred review methods, so there is little effort needed on behalf of the homeowners. We have increased the number of reviews on our Google page by 100% since using Podium.

Cons

There is not currently the ability to create private conversations between staff and outside parties, it would be nice to have ways to separate conversations by department, with options to reassign by an administrator.

Jesse from Preventive Pest Control

Industry: Environmental Services

Lifesaver during covid

Podium has been essential for us staying efficient in covid times. It has allowed us to send our office employees home to work and still easily stay in contact. We get a much better response from our customer base now as opposed when we could only call them. It has become a large part of how we operate.

Pros

Current and potential customers have easier access to us, and we're able to reach a lot more people than we could previously with phone calls alone. Anyone can get the hang of it quickly and the design is user friendly. Any time we have questions customer service is available right away.

Cons

There was one time that they updated the software in a way that did not benefit the specific way that we use it without asking us. We tried to work with it for a while, but after we let them know we weren't crazy about it they rolled us back to the previous version with no problems.

Baylee from Self employed

Fantastic for Growing Online Reputation

This has helped us immensely with capturing reviews as customers are leaving the store with their experience fresh in their minds!

Pros

In addition to being extremely easy to use and straightforward from a backend and frontend standpoint, this software is such an easy way to grow and manage our online reputation. I love that all I have to do (once my campaign is set up) is enter a phone number and hit "send"! It's way easier than asking our customers to leave reviews, and most of them actually do it.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. The only thing worth mentioning is there are a few creative limitations when setting up your campaign. However, nothing that a few tweaks couldn't fix!

Kristina from Bumble Bee Plumbing, Inc.

Fantastic Software

Our overall experience with Podium has been great. We've used three different review platforms and this one is unique in that we can also chat with our customers via text, which

Pros

I love the ability to customize templates so that we can reach out to and respond to customers in a personalized, however unified voice, no matter who in the office is responding. Requesting reviews is just a click away as well, and customers are able to choose where they would like to leave a review, which our customers truly appreciate.

Cons

I wish the integration with Service Titan allowed more information to be pulled into the reporting of review requests, and the ability to push information back into Service Titan, however if using this as a standalone option is works great.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

The ability to track reviewsand chat with customers is top-notch.

April from Bjorn's Audio Video

Great Tool for Staying connected

It helps with Sales staff monitoring in terms of training and improvement opportunities by observing responses and conversations with customer. Also, it does help to show others how to determine 'fake' contacts. It has allowed customers in needs of service for their communication devices in their homes while retail floor was closed to traffic. it seems to benefit those customers who prefer direct questions with too much formality allowing 'no nonsense' transactions.

Pros

Podium has been a great tool for our company. It's kept us connected with customers when especially during the recent weeks of floor traffic closure. It's easy to keep track of sales staff response time and information to verify timely responses as well as other opportunities to coach for improvement if needed. Very easy to use and based on feedback easy to set up.

Cons

I haven't found anything missing or in need of improvement at this time. I personally use it more for a monitoring of activity and rarely use it to actually respond to messages.

Theresa from Newstar Jewelers

Podium makes things easy.

While closed during COVID, our customers- existing and new ones- were able to contact us through Podium. They can text the store's phone number so I don't have to give them my personal cell number. It kept us in business when we were shut down.

Pros

I was hesitant to get Podium at first, thinking that the older staff I had would not use it or have a hard time with it. I was very pleased with the results after the first couple months. It easily integrated with our point of sale system and ALL of our staff used the link to request feedback from our customers. Simple to use!

Cons

Every now and then we will get spam texts to Podium.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

I have heard other stores recommend other products, but I have been pleased with Podium, so I haven't even looked into other products.

Maggie from American 1 Credit Union

Podium: The Best Out There

Podium is a fantastic product and they’re doing it right. They make everything easy and make sure you understand all you can do with their software.

Pros

Podium is the best review software I’ve come across. They make it so easy to request, monitor and respond to reviews. We have it set up for review requests for texts and for Facebook reviews to come through. It helps keep reviews in one place and track. They also have the greatest customer service and are incredibly helpful.

Cons

Something I would like the least is the amount of time it has taken for us to set up a new branch. It’s been a week or two yet we’re having minor issues. It would be a major issue if our reps weren’t nice but they make it easy and we know they’re doing everything they can.

MM from TFM

Industry: Furniture

Great Service but Constant Turn-over in Account Management, Issues with Integration

We've had multiple customer experience issues that have caused frustration. Our account has been managed by at least four different people over time. This makes it challenging when issues do come up... we don't know who to reach out to. It can take days for a rep to respond to correct an issue. Additionally, it feels like an overpriced service since our integrations don't even work. No discount was provided after they couldn't integrate to our POS system which means we have to send out review requests manually. It's not ideal, wish they would compensate us for their limited functionality.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of it's functionality to reach customers directly and collect reviews.

Cons

I dislike that the integration for the version of Profit that we operate is not functional. We have to send out reviews manually, which can be a hassle.

Jennifer from Eddie Gilstrap Ford

Easy To use in a busy world!

Pros

Ease of use. I am a busy person with MANY hats and this product is easy to use and helps me rather than adding another task to do

Cons

Integration into our CRM would be a big help

Reasons for Switching to Podium

Something more personalized to our clientele

David from Jarrett Jewellery

Highly Recommended

Very good. Highly professional and responsive organisation.

Pros

We like the ease with which we can communicate outbound with our customers from our busy repair business. The native integration with our point-of-sale software for triggering review requests direct to our customer's smartphone. The inbound lead generation from our website and Google search. We've become much more productive and Podium has become an essential tool in our business.

Cons

Nothing in particular. Ongoing enhancements have resolved the issues we had in the early days.

Erik from Aquarius Home Services

Industry: Utilities

Podium - Elite Review Software

We are in one competitive market for reviews and our competition was miles ahead of us with 100+ reviews. We have gained significant ground because of Podium and the automations. They have worked diligently to help optimize our solution and train our staff on best practices.

Pros

As a multi-location business we needed a solution to cover our unique geographical needs and integrate directly with our CRM. Podium was one of the few that could handle those requirements. Their team handled the whole integration for us and now it is fully automated and harvesting reviews at a record pace. Fantastic support and dedicated account rep.

Cons

I wish it would integrate with Yelp, Angies List and a few other platforms. The cost is a premium.

Barb from MAS Plumbing, Inc

A huge asset to have and so easy to use

We are able to stay in touch and contact our customers much faster and the ability to send pictures of the work needed as well.

Pros

The ability to contact our customer via text message is huge in todays world. They respond quicker than waiting for them to call you back on the phone. The ability to dispatch a call to our technician right from the Podium and they can see all the notes and talk to the customer as well. The ability to get reviews and watch your company grow is wonderful! I absolutely love this program.

Cons

I think it is a little more difficult to use on your cell phone compared to the computer but just takes a little longer to navigate.

Geoffrey from Barclays Fine Jewellers

Very Happy Podium User

Customer support is great. I know there are less expensive similar products out there at present. We have decided not to switch as this product is working well for us.

Pros

24/7 communication with customers. This has been especially important during the pandemic.

Cons

I think it could process faster. I'm sure there is room for improvement in the user experience.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

I think Podium was first to market with the idea. We stick with our business partners. Cheaper is not always best.

Marie-Alice from Orthodontie Rive Nord

Podium

Great decision for our orthodontic office.

Pros

We have integrated Podium to improve our communications with our orthodontic patients by offering texting, to facilitate potential patients to communicate with us through our website plugin and encourage patients to leave us a review on their experience at our office. This has worked really well for us, and we have reached a high level of patient reviews.

Cons

There are other software that offer additional services including Podium's offerings included although they may be pricier and not work in Quebec. A few issues when Google review links give issues.

Jay from Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas

Let Podium Do the Heavy Lifting....

Before Podium we struggled to get good reviews, not because our guests didn't like us, we just didn't have a way of asking for feedback. We use to get 3 or 4 reviews a month. Now we get 40 +. Having Podium consolidate everything for us makes managing our reputation easy all while getting significant volume, which helps in all aspects of our business.

Pros

We like that Podium is the hub for all online feedback and that we can manage our social reputation in one place.

Cons

It would be nice if Yelp would play nice with others.

Mark from Matthews Jewelers

best product found at our trade show

We used to ask our clients to leave us a review, and they all said they would. Very few ever did. Since we got Podium, our reviews are through the roof. It makes it very easy our our clients to leave us a review.

Pros

I found it very easy to use and implement and very easy to train the sales associate to use

Cons

some of the comments from Podium are not easily discernable by non techie sales associates. When a request is asked more than once the response from Podium is not easy to understand.

Bird from William's Chevrolet

I Use This Every Day

I use Podium daily. It helps me organize customers, keep communication lines open, and allows me to communicate easily and effectively without the need to hand off my personal number. I've basically closed and completed deals using Podium! It's an invaluable tool.

Pros

I love using Podium for work texts! I don't have to hand out my personal phone number so I feel a lot safer. I also use this every day! Get out information, talk about appointments, arrange deals. I keep the app on my phone so I can take work home when I need to.

Cons

Learning some of the features, like "open" v "closed" conversations, and the minimalistic design used to mark a message as such, is small and not intuitive. Once I learned, however, it all made sense. Maybe a switch design or something similar would be more intuitive.

Cole from Valdosta Toyota

Reputation & Texting in One

Podium filled an important need for our business while also providing some unexpected benefits.

Pros

Managing a sizable car dealership's online reviews can be a daunting task, but Podium simplifies that process. Manage the reputation and communicate with customers in one simple platform.

Cons

If it were more (easily) segmented by user, that would help. It seems that they are moving in this direction, but as of today, it still needs individual customization.

Ryan from D.E. Harris Services Inc.

Harris

Good

Pros

It is a good program that helps the user get more reviews.

Cons

I think everything is good with the software

Outdated

A user-to-customer messaging platform for reviews that's hooked in with Google

None

Pros

Direct Google integration is definitely the biggest pro here. They also are focused on having staff message customers directly for reviews one-on-one. It won't work for everyone, just depends on the business model.

Cons

Very limited functionality and visibility into your account. Right now, it's basically just a review solicitation platform via messaging and email. It's efficient at getting star ratings and reviews, but that's about it. If you're looking for surveys, look elsewhere. Also, when I was a customer, they didn't even have NPS Score. That's pretty basic. Reporting is very limited and it's hard to get an overview of your total account, only individual locations. Customization is little to none for both the dashboard and the actual campaigns. Oh, and it's crazy expensive. You're basically paying for the direct Google integration. Which is super nice and important, but still. I also had a very negative experience that was unique to me. I had very specific contract conditions that were not met and it was a very difficult and painful process to get rectified. I felt very misled by the company and lost any trust I had in them. It was very disappointing.

Jason from American Auto Brokers

When you need customer reviews call Podium

Overall a great system that makes it easy to see what people think about our business

Pros

Podium makes it easy they ask for the review for you. They filter out the bad and post the good. You can also use them for mobile payments and communication for multiple parts of your business

Cons

The back end tool is a little weak. No real way to clear out items that maybe where not addressed right away. Hard to follow the task organizations

Lisa from Stratus Interactive

Podium is a fool-proof way to monitor online reviews

We've used Podium to quickly raise our client's Google review rating in just a short period- in less than 3 months, we've increased 1.2 stars and because responding to reviews is so easy, we've developed deeper relationships with reviewers with our responses.

Pros

Probably the best thing about Podium are the SMS text feature that sends an easy to use FB or Google review link directly to a potential reviewer. The link eliminates any guesswork of confusion about how to leave a review which, for the clients we're using it for, would definitely hinder their customers from providing review. Additionally, the email notifications that inform any time a review is left is hugely beneficial because reviews never fall of your radar and because it's so so easy to respond directly to reviews within the Podium platform, it's simple and quick to just pop into the review and respond to it as soon as you're notified! Another thing I love is that Podium is constantly adding features and functionality, like the ability to now respond directly to FB reviews from the platform in addition to Google reviews.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy- for instance, for the past two weeks the Reply button within each Google review wasn't working so I had to reply to reviews directly from google.com/business. I will say however that the live chat customer service option is awesome and both times I've used it, my problems were immediately resolved and the support team was super helpful

jerry from broadway motors

Great until you want to cancel it!

The experience was good but so far overshadowed by their lack of letting us cancel with proper notice that the entire experience is lost. Like an amazing meal with a crap server. All you remember was the final service and it is horrible.

Pros

Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well

Cons

Tried to cancel this and was not allowed. Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever! They have their methods and basically won't let you out of a contract. We canceled ours finally after the screen share, the hard close from two different people to keep paying and then still got billed since they had our credit card. I would never recommend such a company. I have NEVER heard of someone NOT taking written notice well in advance to close a monthly contract. We did finally get it resolved to only pay an additional 9 days past when we asked for it to be closed, but its 9 days of our money. One of the poorest experiences i have had in 32 years of the retail business trying to cancel something. Mandatory screen share and hard sell to stay - Simply unbelievable

Chris from Buchkosky Jewelers

Great Software

Fantastic

Pros

This program has given an easy way for customers to contact us, which was very nice during the pandemic here. It has also provided for a fantastic way to communicate with customers using my cellphone but without giving them my phone number. Not only that, it allows us to easily gather google reviews when we remember to utilize that function.

Cons

If anything, the only thing I can think of is to improve the design a little more in terms of user friendliness. But I can’t think of anything specifically at the moment

Delaney from Finderson Law

Industry: Law Practice

Helpful, Great Support

They have amazing customer service and training sessions for businesses starting out, great customization and options for all types, and helpful with seeing the progress from the client's view.

Pros

This allows you to send review requests directly to customers and clients from within the app, taking them to exactly where the review should be posted. Takes the hassle out of requesting reviews, and it also can be beneficial by collecting all reviews for the business to see overall. Customizable to the business's wants and needs as well.

Cons

There are daily notifications, even if there is no change in actual happenstance on the site. There also can be user interface learning curve, which can take longer for others.

Tania from Keen Law Offices

Industry: Law Practice

Awesome features

Pros

Love that Podium has so many features all in one place. Our law firm has found it much easier to manage all of our networks via Podium.

Cons

So far, we are happy and have no complaints!

Podium's review feature