• Pros

• "I appreciate how easy it is to navigate through the different pages and separate my message boards from my coworkers. The program is fast and efficient and I have not experienced any issues."

• "Podium is a top-notch company and I am so glad our company uses them. Their staff is outstanding and responds quickly and eagerly any time we have questions. "

• "Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well"

• Cons

• "Price is a bit steep for SMB, but well worth it if you maximize the value of your positive reviews."

• "We have had a few clients that were unable or unwilling to open the links. They were uncomfortable creating a log-in to send review. This could be user error as well, as others have had no problems. "

• "While Podium does work very efficiently it does take time to set up the review accounts to capture these reviews. Once you plug in the accounts and get going it is amazing!"

Browse Podium Reviews

Jordan from Quality Furniture & Appliance

Get it and rethink any department you think could use it

We absolutely love the podium product. We receive great reviews, and are able to get in touch with clients that simply stop communicating any other way - especially our past due clients.

Pros

It makes collections, review solicitations, and even internal communications much easier than any alternative I've found.

Cons

Some members of the sales team are more intense than they need to be and follow up beyond the intrusive level.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

It was willing to do the work to integrate with our POS and wasn't a per text fee which I appreciated.

Troy from 1300AUSTRALIA

Very good at what it does

Overall I'm very pleased with Podium. Despite the few shortcomings it alowed us to acheive our goals in a relatively short time frame and within budget.

Pros

The ability to send Google review requests directly to customers via SMS was amazing. It was exactly what we needed to get our review score up to, and past, our target score within the space of only a few months. The interface is incredibly user friendly and managing teams is about as simple as it gets.

Cons

I found that a lot of the time it wouldn't correctly tag who within our team was resposible for receiving reviews. There's also no ability to customise reports. It owuld be great if there could also be more integrations with additional review platforms, as we were stuck with only being able to provide the option for Google reviews as we don't accept Facebook Reviews. This caused us to miss a few reviews as customers didn't have Google accounts.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Price and features best matched our needs and staff were incredibly helpful.

jerry from broadway motors

Great until you want to cancel it!

The experience was good but so far overshadowed by their lack of letting us cancel with proper notice that the entire experience is lost. Like an amazing meal with a crap server. All you remember was the final service and it is horrible.

Pros

Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well

Cons

Tried to cancel this and was not allowed. Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever! They have their methods and basically won't let you out of a contract. We canceled ours finally after the screen share, the hard close from two different people to keep paying and then still got billed since they had our credit card. I would never recommend such a company. I have NEVER heard of someone NOT taking written notice well in advance to close a monthly contract. We did finally get it resolved to only pay an additional 9 days past when we asked for it to be closed, but its 9 days of our money. One of the poorest experiences i have had in 32 years of the retail business trying to cancel something. Mandatory screen share and hard sell to stay - Simply unbelievable

Kyle from Bordner Home Improvement

Podium brings you more Revenue.

It has generated us almost 10,000 conversations in the span of two years. It has added considerable revenue, and been an open channel for surveys, and feedback.

Pros

Customers call, leave voicemails, and never follow up. They keep calling others companies until they get a live speaker or their questions answered. Podium allows you to have a chat widget on your website that converts the conversation over to text. This remove the bulky chart interfaces, and allows home owners and customers to communicate via text the way that they want to. These conversations bring you revenue because a instead of a voicemail that your team member has to chase down, these are valid touch points with customers.

Cons

The mobile app and desktop are limited in their functionalities. Some reporting not available on mobile app. There are some inconsistencies with the app and desktop on timing of the delivery of texts and receiving of them.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Podium is more established and in startup mode. Good customer support, right price point, and good product.

JOSH from HELFMAN COLLISION

Great Program!

Pros

Cons

On a rare occasion, customers have reported that they were unable to open links sent through podium. It is my belief that this was likely user error on their end as I have not experienced this issue.

April from Bjorn's Audio Video

Great Tool for Staying connected

It helps with Sales staff monitoring in terms of training and improvement opportunities by observing responses and conversations with customer. Also, it does help to show others how to determine 'fake' contacts. It has allowed customers in needs of service for their communication devices in their homes while retail floor was closed to traffic. it seems to benefit those customers who prefer direct questions with too much formality allowing 'no nonsense' transactions.

Pros

Podium has been a great tool for our company. It's kept us connected with customers when especially during the recent weeks of floor traffic closure. It's easy to keep track of sales staff response time and information to verify timely responses as well as other opportunities to coach for improvement if needed. Very easy to use and based on feedback easy to set up.

Cons

I haven't found anything missing or in need of improvement at this time. I personally use it more for a monitoring of activity and rarely use it to actually respond to messages.

Cole from Valdosta Toyota

Reputation & Texting in One

Podium filled an important need for our business while also providing some unexpected benefits.

Pros

Managing a sizable car dealership's online reviews can be a daunting task, but Podium simplifies that process. Manage the reputation and communicate with customers in one simple platform.

Cons

If it were more (easily) segmented by user, that would help. It seems that they are moving in this direction, but as of today, it still needs individual customization.

Danyelle from Garrett and Boyd DDS, MS, Inc.

It is a way to communicate with our patients that is user friendly and part of the generation trends that patients want to utilize over phone calls and emails. It has been a great tool that we have embraced in our office.

Pros

This software has allowed our practice to communicate in a different way with our patients. I love that we get a quicker response to them and from them. It has been extremely helpful with social distancing and our office being closed for a period of time. We have definitely made this a must have tool for our office.

Cons

My only complaint so far with the software is where the payment portal is concerned. It is very easy to send a secure link which I love, however as the financial coordinator it would be nice for the receipt to have some type of tracer like an approval code or receipt number. When I post the payments to our patient accounts. It does not have much detail so the payment receipt information could be better updated.

Kaycee from Little Newton’s

It gets the job done!

It is a decent app! Better than the ones we used previously. It keeps us all connected even when we aren’t physically at work, we can check podium to make sure we’re staying up to date with what’s going on.

Pros

I can easily talk to all my coworkers and we can stay connected throughout the day. I get notified right away when someone posts and can easily make separate groups for my teachers and I to communicate it.

Cons

Sometimes the pictures don’t work correctly, or they don’t load if the post with the photo is too long.

Mike from Dutchman Heating & Cooling, Inc.

Way too expensive!

They do continually reach out to talk with you. Forced us into a 2 year contract. How stupid is that. Either you have a good product for the money and people want to stay or you have locked in very unhappy customers. I am the locked in one...

Pros

It works but they removed the ability for it to work automatically with my operating software

Cons

I found and used services for 25% of the cost that worked very similar

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Only because American Standard had it as part of the Customer care program.

Excellent chat software with review integration

Podium allows us to connect with shoppers as they are browsing the site to answer questions immediately and secure more deals.

Pros

The review integration with facebook and google is excellent. We are able to send review invitations via text and respond to them within the app. We can also assign them to the various salespeople who actually worked the deal so they can respond accordingly. We also have podium on our homepage to engage with browsing customers and answer any questions they may have.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with some of our third party advertising sources like other options do. Sometimes there are glitches with the software and messages do not send properly.

Gjenes from Bay Alarm Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Tracking Reviews Can Be Easy

Being able to easily track and report the teams stats on sending/collecting reviews. Easy platform for our team and our customers.

Pros

What I like most about Podium is the ability to add each representative so that they can send out invites to the customers they speak to. I like this feature because as a Marketing Specialist, I'm not on the phone with customers - they are. They can easily plug in their phone number or email address and the customer will receive the invite! They simply click the link and leave us a review. It makes it easy for not just the team, but the customers as well. That is very important to us.

Cons

The inability to get access ALL analytical results on the dashboard. You get some of the info, but in order to look at everything, I have to generate different reports from the platform and look at it in a spreadsheet. This is probably the most annoying and inconvenient part of using this platform. It has the ability to filter and look at stats for some things and other things, its not there.

Baylee from Self employed

Fantastic for Growing Online Reputation

This has helped us immensely with capturing reviews as customers are leaving the store with their experience fresh in their minds!

Pros

In addition to being extremely easy to use and straightforward from a backend and frontend standpoint, this software is such an easy way to grow and manage our online reputation. I love that all I have to do (once my campaign is set up) is enter a phone number and hit "send"! It's way easier than asking our customers to leave reviews, and most of them actually do it.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. The only thing worth mentioning is there are a few creative limitations when setting up your campaign. However, nothing that a few tweaks couldn't fix!

Megan from McGonigle Dental Associates

Awesome!

I enjoyed using Podium! It was very beneficial for our office needs

Pros

It was user friendly and targeted a different type of customer/patient. Texting is the new way of contacting or communicating with other people and responses were quicker and more accurate.

Cons

The program was easy to use but it was hard to pinpoint exact lists when need be

Maggie from American 1 Credit Union

Podium: The Best Out There

Podium is a fantastic product and they’re doing it right. They make everything easy and make sure you understand all you can do with their software.

Pros

Podium is the best review software I’ve come across. They make it so easy to request, monitor and respond to reviews. We have it set up for review requests for texts and for Facebook reviews to come through. It helps keep reviews in one place and track. They also have the greatest customer service and are incredibly helpful.

Cons

Something I would like the least is the amount of time it has taken for us to set up a new branch. It’s been a week or two yet we’re having minor issues. It would be a major issue if our reps weren’t nice but they make it easy and we know they’re doing everything they can.

A user-to-customer messaging platform for reviews that's hooked in with Google

None

Pros

Direct Google integration is definitely the biggest pro here. They also are focused on having staff message customers directly for reviews one-on-one. It won't work for everyone, just depends on the business model.

Cons

Very limited functionality and visibility into your account. Right now, it's basically just a review solicitation platform via messaging and email. It's efficient at getting star ratings and reviews, but that's about it. If you're looking for surveys, look elsewhere. Also, when I was a customer, they didn't even have NPS Score. That's pretty basic. Reporting is very limited and it's hard to get an overview of your total account, only individual locations. Customization is little to none for both the dashboard and the actual campaigns. Oh, and it's crazy expensive. You're basically paying for the direct Google integration. Which is super nice and important, but still. I also had a very negative experience that was unique to me. I had very specific contract conditions that were not met and it was a very difficult and painful process to get rectified. I felt very misled by the company and lost any trust I had in them. It was very disappointing.

Lisa from Stratus Interactive

Podium is a fool-proof way to monitor online reviews

We've used Podium to quickly raise our client's Google review rating in just a short period- in less than 3 months, we've increased 1.2 stars and because responding to reviews is so easy, we've developed deeper relationships with reviewers with our responses.

Pros

Probably the best thing about Podium are the SMS text feature that sends an easy to use FB or Google review link directly to a potential reviewer. The link eliminates any guesswork of confusion about how to leave a review which, for the clients we're using it for, would definitely hinder their customers from providing review. Additionally, the email notifications that inform any time a review is left is hugely beneficial because reviews never fall of your radar and because it's so so easy to respond directly to reviews within the Podium platform, it's simple and quick to just pop into the review and respond to it as soon as you're notified! Another thing I love is that Podium is constantly adding features and functionality, like the ability to now respond directly to FB reviews from the platform in addition to Google reviews.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy- for instance, for the past two weeks the Reply button within each Google review wasn't working so I had to reply to reviews directly from google.com/business. I will say however that the live chat customer service option is awesome and both times I've used it, my problems were immediately resolved and the support team was super helpful

Shaun from Eye Consultants

Loving Podium as it helps our customer reach grow

Podium has boosted our ability to meet our patients' needs and allowed us to expand our reach into new markets. Our interoffice communication has been improved as well.

Pros

I really like to text. My patients love the convenience of texting and I had always dreaded using my own phone to communicate with them. Podium offers me peace of mind and a simple way to "talk" to my patients. It has also allowed us to grow our reviews on Facebook and Google like nothing we have tried in the past. It has been a very intuitive and easy to use. Support was quick and helpful when I needed it.

Cons

In the many months that we have used it, I have not found anything that I don't like.

Alisha from Jewelz Diamond Co.

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Podium Review

Wish the notes section allowed for some notes to be visible to customer just in case it’s shared notes. Wish we could include pictures in our private notes section too like a picture of a receipt associated with a customer’s thread. Also when I get out of someone’s message, it always scrolls all the way back to the topic. Sometimes I want to keep scrolling down and click on a thread, but be able to get out of thread and keep scrolling down from there, not have it refresh and take me all the way back to the top.

Pros

Allows a landline to get text messages.

Cons

I can’t add pictures in the notes section.

Jennifer from Tom Ahl Family of Dealerships

Gives options to customers for places to write a review

Pros

We used Podium through another company that we signed up with. We were able to easily text with customers and as for a review through this system. Our company is strong with customer reviews so it was an easier way to ask for one and the customer could access whichever review site they felt most comfortable with right from their phone.

Cons

Some customers complain about leaving a Google review because they don't remember their Google login. This company helps with those customers because it gives them links to other review sites if they don't want to leave a Google review. Nothing in particular that I do not like about this product.

Rick from Mobilityworks

It works great!

I am at a new company and I suggest they use it too.

Pros

People don't always have a gmail account. It made them jump through hoops to do a review elsewhere. People became cautious and leave the site.

Cons

Nothing. I really did like using it. It was a great reminder to customers to do a review. It required almost immediate follow though.

Karla from Mossy Toyota

Incredible customer interaction for fast authentic reviews from the social media sites that I choose

Pros

Up to the minute reviews that I can respond to on one platform The Leader Board is terrific to help build a fun and competitive arena between our sales force Our sales people like the app and reading what their customers say about them Once set up to my liking it's fast and easy to follow and allows our entire store to work towards different goals for obtaining authentic reviews from happy customers. The Podium staff is amazing, on top of it, creative, helpful, knowledgeable, and always happy to help with enthusiasm. They always respond quickly to any questions. Our customers respond well and fast once they receive the invite I can immediately respond or resolve customer needs when they come through the messenger

Cons

That Yelp won't allow Podium to link up - which is actually Yelp's fault That the yelps take a couple days to show up on my reviews list That my responses to DealerRater reviews don't show up on Podium

Highly Recommend Podium

Pros

Great service that has allowed us to get many reviews when we found it hard to get them. The service is straightforward and easy to use and customers seem to like it too. They are always updating their website and makes things easier to use. If you want more reviews then use Podium!!!

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this product. The only thing that could be better would be if they could offer a link to yelp.

Rosie from Alpine Oral and Facial Surgery

Ease of use

Positive for sure. It's 2020 and people prefer texting to phone calls absolutely.

Pros

Luckily Podium is a platform that is pretty simple for both parties. I have been told by patients that they prefer the 'texting' method and that we are in constant contact very easily. They feel more comfortable than a phone call most of the time.

Cons

The integration seems a little interesting and I probably just don't understand. Getting 'assigned' to conversations only happens sometimes?? Then others can message directly.. not sure how to direct people to that option instead.

Loving Podium for the reviews!

We love Podium and find a ton of value in using it to drive positive reviews.

Pros

How it has helped us drive tons of positive reviews to our online profiles while also capturing negative feedback so we can act on it quickly and make things right. It integrates with Service Titan which is also wonderful.

Cons

Reporting is spread across their site in a confusing manner until you get used to it.

Julie from Ad a Girl Advertising

Generate Positive Reviews & Sales

After a bit of a learning curve by the team, the software is working well to generate reviews on Google and sales from the webchat feature.  Having all messages in one place is really handy. Also folks can text the store instead of call. Customers like getting texts when there car is ready as opposed to a call too. The Sales team is a bit relentless, but I appreciated it in the end to help get it rolling. The support chat has been helpful as well.

Pros

All messages from social media, Google and the webchat come into one inbox, and can be easily handled by the sales team and review requests can be automatically generated.

Cons

Integration for automated reviews had a hiccup for one of the locations that took some time to correct. Also, sometimes the request texts are duplicated.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Podium had the components we were looking for and offered integrated platform for automatic reviews. The price was a network discounted rate that was appealing as well.

Joy from Thollot Diamonds & Fine Jewelry

Stellar

Pros

It does what it says it will do. Our reviews have more than tripled over the past year of working with Podium. The platform allows an easy conversation with our customers and an easy way for them to tell the world what they think about our service. Because it is easy for our customers to follow through with the review, a high number of the requests result in reviews.

Madison from Peter & Co. Jewelers

Love Podium !

Pros

I love podium. I think it brings a lot of business to our company & easy for the customer to get ahold of us/ ask us questions without calling us or driving in first. I think it has many benefits as far as texting customers & getting reviews ect.

Cons

Notifications don’t always come through and it leaves the customer waiting awhile until we find it.

Katie from Newton Nissan of Gallatin

Good product, poor execution

I liked the concept of the product, and it did gain us a good number of reviews. But it was not worth keeping long-term without product enhancements and better customer support.

Pros

I like the automated features in this software, though it was slightly oversold. But it does automatically contact customers via text after their service/purchase to ask them to leave us a review. We could choose which site(s) to direct them to.

Cons

Customer service was not as good as it could've been. High turnover of employees, lack of communication, and then the refusal to upgrade or help out with different tasks such as splitting up customer feeds so we could direct service customers to a different review platform than the one we had set up.

Rebecca from Mattress city

assessment

myoverall experience is great with some edges . once the delay is fixed it will be better.

Pros

the company I work for started using this software to help with marketing our store. it is great. you can direct message your customers.

Cons

it doesnt always work. it doesnt always update in time. it has a delay. and its not updated to be all phone user friendly.

andrey from Levitzmattress

great programm to customers and us

its being great so far and relatively easy to use

Pros

very easy to use and review gets posted quickly via email to the guest

Cons

sometimes it hard to log on and it takes time to get into podium

Jasmin from Buckhead Atlanta Dentistry

Instant Messaging made easy

Overall it has been great. The set-up was fairly fast and painless. The rep that explained to us what the program was did a great job.

Pros

We signed up for Podium and it made messaging our patients super fast and easy. Any patients that have information that needs to be updated they can simply text us the information or a picture. Once we hit send, the patient receives it on the phone.

Cons

At first the web log-in from a computer was limited to not sending images. Now you can send and receive images.

Stacey from BH

Amazing

Holly from Bravo Cadillac

Helps you get Reviews

Overall I would recommend this app for companies who are struggling to get some good reviews about your company. This certainly will help.

Pros

I like how you can send a text message to a customer on a different number to get them to write a review. Also that you can track which employees are asking for reviews from customers.

Cons

I didn’t really like the price. It is not an intense app for the price to be so high. Wish there were also more review platforms for customers to write their reviews.

Hayley from Progressive Reporting Agency

Overal Good

So far since i have been using it daily i have been able to use it accordingly and communicate well with those customers that use it as well.

Pros

I like that we can contact clients without using our real phones. It is nice being able to shoot a quick text for those clients who are not always available to answer the phone. It has opened more opportunities for us to gain clientele.

Cons

I do not like that when people text in, we cannot see their phone number and i have to ask for it.

Randy from de3319

Podium review

Pros

I like the texting feature makes it very easy to communicate with our customers

Cons

nothing really comes to mind, Everything is pretty smooth.

Adam from RC Willey

Great product to help companies have their customers leave reviews about their experience with ease

Ability to request for online reviews, track reviews for your company online, and track trends to see what customers are saying about your company.

Pros

Easy to use text messaging tool that allows you to request for your customers to review you. Often customers do not seek to leave a review their experience unless they were blown away positively or have a negative experience. This tool helps companies get ahead and proactively request for customers to review their experience. The system can be set up to manually set up to request for review or automated through an API when customers make their purchase.

Cons

There are times that customers have had issues accessing the reviews after clicking on the link in the text message. Most are able to get there, but some have issues due to browser issues on their phone or computer.

Jason from American Auto Brokers

Easy use

Pros

Quick turn around on getting back to reviews

Cons

Can have some delays in publishing reviews

lenette from Maid Right

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Quick and easy tool

We rely on Podium daily, we did have an issue where we lost service a couple times when we switched from Entouch to Ring Central. I was told Podium does not work with Ring Central so we had to use a different number and no longer able to use our main phone number to text customers. That was disappointing.

Pros

Quick and Easy to use tool since most customers prefer texts over emails

Cons

I would like to send a text to multiple customers not just one at a time

Doug from American Pest Management INC.

Initial review

My overall experience is that this is a useful product for our customers and our company, and that there's support when it's needed

Pros

I have found that client like this better than just texting message for some reason, additionally there's the linked message, tracking, updates, and customer service.

Cons

So far I have not run into any issues. I believe that the admin did at the beginning.

Podium helped me to increase the review rate of my product and improve web chat

Ease of use web chat and more product and business reviews

Pros

The additional reviews that my business received have helped us to reach a greater audience and had a great effect on our sales. The web chat functionality is excellent and allows us to stay connected.

Cons

I have had occasional issues reaching customer service but nothing that would prevent me from using the software.

Prepare yourself to accelerate your Google and other third-party reviews!

We have a hard time getting third party reviews because we have reviews we sent out internally to better understand where we may have fallen short throughout the customer buying life cycle. Through Podium, we are able to better leverage our crews to ask and facilitate the review process so that we can get feedback on these other platforms.

Pros

It's focused so much on user experience. Both internal users and those leaving reviews are welcomed with an experience that helps drive results. There are other offerings that do similar things, but Podium is by far the most refined and feature packed.

Cons

It's expensive for what it is. However, the number of reviews you'll get completely offsets these costs. Just be prepared for somewhat of a sticker shock. The actual product is great~

Amazing product, but is pricy

Pros

Does a great job getting reviews and obtaining great information to build online reviews and reputation.

Cons

The cost is very high. You get what you pay for, and podium does a LOT! Love the program just is costly.

Breanne from Action Furnace

Industry: Utilities

Awesome Service for communication

Pros

It is as easy to do as texting someone by phone. The set up is user friendly.

Cons

I think everything is very handy with the software, i don't believe i can think of anything that I would change.

Podium was the first, but you pay for the name!

Good

Pros

Podium changed the way I manage my reputation online before I was really even thinking about it

Cons

It is expensive. Newer, comparable competitors have entered the space for lower price points

CALVIN from MERLINS TV

Industry: Consumer Electronics

GREAT PRODUCT

THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT WAY TO GAIN CUSTOMER REVIEWS AND OR ANSWER CUSTOMERS QUESTIONS

Pros

THIS IS A GREAT WAY FOR OUR CUSTOMERS TO GET A HOLD OF US 24/7 VIA TEXTING

Cons

I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE

GWEN from midland honda

good

see line for pros

Pros

I like most about it it is user friendly and the clients like it also to communicate with us instead of using the phone or leaving messages. this is also watched by many people here, so nothing gets lost no messages get missed. which is really important.

Cons

All good. i would not change anything really good program

Susan from Metzwood Insurance

The ease of using Podium

Clients can respond anytime, which makes it easy for them. As more and more people use their phones for everything, this certainly helps us to keep up with technology.

Pros

The ease of doing business not only for myself but for our clients. It is so convenient.

Cons

You have to be careful - If you hit enter and not tab - it will send the message before you are done.

Bill from AquaRama Pools & Spas

Easy way to communicate with your customer.

We use this to communicate with our customers with there scheduled appointments.

Pros

The ease of using it and setting it up.

Cons

There really hasn't been any issues with using this program yet.

Paul from RID Pest Control

Industry: Environmental Services

Poor customer service for a company that solicits reviews

What kind of company's customer retention plan is "you can cancel the contract, your on the hook for a year" with no attempt what so ever to handle the customers concern...It blows my mind.

Pros

The promise was to promote more google reviews by allowing field technicians to solicit a review in the field.

Cons

When I tried to cancel because we were getting posts from all over the USA well we only service South Jersey became a waste of time. Few posts were from our area. When I tried to leave they told me I'm locked in for a year...I can't cancel. Did I get a customer service rep call to ask how they could improve the service or our experience with the service, nothing.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

They promised increased online presence, they forgot to mention from people out of my area. They told me I would increase reviews (have I hundreds of customers giving 5 stars, just not on Google) But they have done NOTHING to help...worthless customer service.