About Yext Reviews

Yext Reviews is a cloud-based reputation management solution that helps businesses manage positive customer experience by monitoring and responding to client feedback. Key features include social media metrics, sentiment analysis, review request and response management.

Designed for businesses of all sizes, Yext Reviews’ publishing widgets let users generate organic feedback from customers to share them across websites and local pages. It enables enterprises to display star ratings on the organic search engine results page (SERP) and improve client engagement. Additionally, the solution comes with brand control tools to help franchisees, advisors, agents or local managers operate business processes and review responses based on controlled user access.

Yext Reviews provides modules, which allows firms to generate reports on website performance and download insights to share them across teams. It is available on a monthly subscription and support is extended via documentation, phone, email and other online measures.

Supported Operating System(s):

Web browser (OS agnostic)

76 Reviews of Yext Reviews

Average User Ratings

Overall

4.41 / 5 stars

Ratings Snapshot

Likelihood to Recommend

Not likely

Very likely

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 76 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Madeleine from GoBeRewarded

Great for Agencies who Create and Manage Citations

Overall my experience with Yext has been excellent. It does everything it claims to do and customer service is always quick and helpful.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it makes updating client information across listings fast and easy. Before Yext, our agency used to spend a lot of time updating hours, uploading photos, etc..now it can be done in a fraction of the time.

I also love that Yext allows us to quickly add schema to a website that auto-updates when business information changes.

Cons

I least like that the integrations with Google My Business and Facebook must be set up separately. This sometimes gets overlooked by my staff or if we have trouble gaining access from a client, it will never get done.

It would also be nice if social posting could be pushed to more than just Google My Business..for example Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. That could allow us to replace other software with Yext.

One thing that would be nice is if Yext salespeople were able to help us better monitize the software as an agency. I've done a few meetings and phonecalls to try to come up with better ways to use and sell the software to clients, but they always turn into the Yext sales person trying to get us to commit more money to Yext. I'd love to get some ideas on how other agency partners are using Yext for their clients and selling the software/service with their service packages.

Response from Yext of

Replied May 2019

Thank you for leaving your review, Madeleine. We appreciate the feedback and will share it with our team.

CHARLES from EverConvert

Daily user

Overall experience has been positive. Not very easy to see an overall effect of the citations and services.

Pros

The tracking of services for locations and the locations themselves are easily trackable. Eliminating and suppressing duplicate citations and incorrect publisher suggestions is absolutely easier than tracking any other way.

Cons

Support can take some time to provide answers. For the most part, this hasn't been a huge issue, but at times it was. This is not intuitive software and takes some time to get familiar with enough for basic use. Another big negative is that if we were ever to stop using Yext, the citations we purchased through Yext will be "unlocked" and basically lost. This seems like poor business in that you pay for an item so you expect to be able to keep that item unless you decide to sell the item.

Response from Yext of

Replied February 2019

Charles, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you've had an overall positive experience with our products and services. We appreciate your feedback regarding our support team and will pass it along to them. In regards to your comment about stopping use of our service, when a client cancels, Yext no longer sends the business's information to the sites in the Knowledge Network. This information then becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in the data and content changing over time.

Michal from Travis Law Office

Easy way for a small business to ensure business listing sites have consistent information

Ensure correct and consistent listings across all the myriad business listing sites at one time and on one site.

Pros

EASY!!!: I have used Yext for 3 years for our small law office to make sure we have good, consistent listings across all the proliferation of business listing sites. If you have a web presence for your business, you likely know how important it is to have your business name, address, and phone number appear the same on all these sites to ensure Google correctly recognizes the business. But if your business is more than a few years old, it likely has many variations on all the listing sites. Going to each individual site and claiming the business, correcting the info, and completing the listing would be a full-time job. Yext gives business owners an easy, one-stop spot to fix many listings at once.
Features: Correct business info, tell what the business sells or does, add specials, add photos, manage social media, manage reviews, for many business listing sites, all in one place.

Cons

Social media management: I don't particularly like or use the social media management features. I find them too rudimentary for what we need.
Yext is a bit pricey.

Response from Yext of

Replied September 2017

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear about your experience with Yext. We will pass on your feedback to our team.

Adam from Gladiator Law Marketing

Manages our client's listings and notifies us of reviews.

Yext manages our listings for all of our clients. It also monitors for any reviews and sends an email notification when our clients get one.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and automates a very labor intensive process. Yext is a significant portion of our local SEO and citation building/management strategy.

The system is as easy as can be. You fill in the blanks, upload the pictures, connect the accounts, and hit submit. It is that easy.

Yext will also monitor for duplicate listings. It would provide a side by side view of the listing it created and the potential duplicate. That way you can decide what to do with it. And if you want the listing suppressed, you ask Yext to do so.

Cons

Cost is the biggest factor. It is honestly perfectly priced. Because if it was any higher in cost, I wouldn't get it. But it is just cheap enough for us to keep it. I just don't feel like it is a 'great' value.

There are a number of features we just don't use. Like the analytics. But that might just be because we are an agency and pay to have higher quality analytics than what comes with Yext.

One big gripe is the integration with Google My Business. We were using Yext before they added that functionality. The problem was that Yext overrode the business categories and caused some local maps issues. Once we figured out that you can override that function, we got it taken care of. But it took us awhile to figure that out. So the con here is that you have to know about that override feature or you can screw up your listings.

Response from Yext of

Replied September 2017

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and will convey it to our team!

Hayley from Dogwood Hills Communications

TOP NOTCH

Our experience with Yext has been amazing. Our company had an existing subscription that I took over, so in any other instance I would have been out of luck with training. But our representative was able to walk me through where to find anything and everything I could ever need.

Pros

Customer Service with Yext is TOP NOTCH. Our rep is there to answer questions before I even have the chance to finish thinking of them. There are ample training modules to walk you through exactly what you need. Everything is highly customizable as well, so it's perfect for listing different types of businesses. The analytics are incredibly helpful to show what's working and what's not. I also love that I'm able to reply to any reviews as soon as they're given.

Cons

Because of all of the options and customization, it can be overwhelming. Everything is intricate, which is great, but there's no "let me create this real quick." Changes can be made quickly though.

Response from Yext of

Replied April 2019

Thank you for leaving your review, Hayley! We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with Yext and our services, and are glad to have you as a customer. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along to your rep!

Jason from Over The Top

Great Value for the price

Pros

I have locations that are constantly updating their hours and I can update one platform instead of having to log into multiple platforms. The analytic data is robust and we use it for our monthly reporting.

Cons

Several glitches and bugs when new features are rolled out. If an API breaks or has issues, users are not alerted or have a place to check for issues.

Response from Yext of

Replied May 2019

Thank you for leaving your review, Jason. We're glad that you find great value in our products and services, and that you've saved time updating your data with our platform. We appreciate your feedback around new product roll outs and notifications and will pass that on to our team.

Ted from Convergent1

I used Yext for over a year and it was a great tool for getting client store information published.

We published all client information to the web using Yext for over a year.

Pros

Great customer service, great and easy to use software that quickly and effectively gets client information published on the web.

Cons

Is not consistent and you are held hostage to paying the monthly fee. Once you stop paying all the work you have put into making sure all client information is published is gone.

Response from Yext of

Replied February 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate the feedback. In regards to a cancelled subscription, Yext does not hold your data hostage. Cancelling your Yext subscription does not overwrite the updates you have already made through Yext, and Yext will not force your listings to revert. When you cancel your subscription, Yext no longer sends your digital knowledge to the sites in the PowerListings® Network. Afterwards, your digital knowledge becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time. Please email partnersupport@yext.com with additional questions.

Cody from QuallsBenson Advertising

The Single Best Tool for Listings

Outstanding and I've recommended it to clients time and time again!

Pros

Set it and Forget it. With Yext, you input your listing and confirm via authenticating factors and in just days you see the direct impact. Organic results improve, SEO improves, Adwords quality improves...you name it!

The second best part is ease of use. Once your listing is within YEXT, they work to address over 100 listing entities online, building search equity for your site within Google and other platforms to assure that your listing is in fact REAL, ACCURATE, and RELIABLE.

Cons

Would be nice if there was a master feature for advertisers to be able to list multiple entities under one account login and separate payment methods. This could also increase the number of subscriptions to YEXT!

Response from Yext of

Replied April 2019

Thank you for leaving your review, Cody. We're happy to hear that you find our products easy to use and that you're seeing great results.

Russ from Mortenson Dental Partners

588% Increase in Listings Reach

With Yext, we saw a 288% increase in Google Search queries, a 320% increase in Google Customer Actions, and a 588% increase in listings reach.

Pros

Before Yext, our listing distribution software took weeks to update directories. Now with Yext, I can make big changes within hours. Its duplicate suppression is powerful, its analytics tools are extremely useful, and their customer support is second to none.

Cons

There is troubleshooting with every product you use. There have been a few issues in our account with connections and categories, but the Yext team was quick to help us find a solution. It's

Response from Yext of

Replied May 2019

Thanks for leaving your review, Russ and for sharing the results you've seen with our products.

Good Software

My overall experience with Yext has been really good. The account managers are very helpful and Yext support always gets back to me quickly with issues and questions.

Pros

I like the ease to set up accounts as well as the feature to suppress duplicate listings and keep track of featured messages.

Cons

Not too happy with the basic reporting system.

Response from Yext of

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass your feedback on the reporting to our team. If you have any additional feedback, we'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact us directly at support@yext.com.

Angela from Leaselabs

Yext for Local SEO

Yext has been such a valuable tool for my team. We have used other tools in the past such as MozLocal and BrightLocal and Yext has been superior for us. Yext is constantly innovating and coming out with more helpful tools for us to utilize with them. Our Yext representatives have been an amazing support system for us as well.

Pros

Lots of great new things about Yext: Google my business integrations, constantly adding new directories, knowledge tags, and analytics capabilities

Cons

There have been a few glitches but Yext has always been able to correct the issue in a timely manner.

Response from Yext of

Replied May 2019

Angela, we appreciate you taking the team to leave a review and love to hear that our products and services have been valuable for your team!

Anthony from Mainstreethost