Millions of people use their phones and tablets to book hotels, schedule rides, order food, and even find dates every day. So letting your technicians use their own devices for maintenance work is just common sense in today’s mobile-centric world.
Mobility is especially valuable for maintenance teams, where devices give technicians a boost in flexibility and efficiency no matter where the work needs to be done. This is why so many CMMS vendors now offer a maintenance work order apps.
What are work order apps?
A work order app provides all the details for maintenance tasks directly on a mobile device, like a phone or tablet, to help technicians in the field enter data, communicate and complete work efficiently without having to travel between the office and the jobsite.
As mobility becomes more valuable for maintenance teams, more CMMS vendors are offering mobile access to work order management, and in many cases, the full CMMS, on the go.
We’ll simplify your search—the following five CMMS systems include work order apps and are highly rated for user-friendliness and functionality.
5 highly rated work order apps
Limble, EZOfficeInventory, Upkeep, Fracttal, and Maxpanda provide maintenance work order systems that reviewers say are simple for any employee to pick up and use, while delivering full CMMS functionality on-the-go.
Click the name of the product to see the full profiles.
To be included, products must have at least 20 reviews created on Capterra, Software Advice or GetApp between July 2018 and July 2019, and fall into the top five spots based on averages of ease-of-use and functionality ratings from real users.
What reviewers like about EZOfficeInventory:
- Most reviewers include praise for the system’s simple and efficient tracking capabilities for work orders, equipment, assets and vehicles.
- Others appreciate the extra features included in the system, such as equipment reservation, tool management, barcoding, RFID, and custom fields.
Who can use the EZOfficeInventory mobile app: The mobile app is available for any paying user of the three EZOfficeInventory versions (Basic, Advanced, and Premium).
The EZOfficeInventory mobile app offers reservations, asset tracking, auditing and other features remotely (Source)
What reviewers like about Fracttal:
- Several reviewers like that Fracttal is able to integrate with Internet of Things projects and other business management systems, like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Many reviewers appreciate the robust functionality offered by Fracttal, including features like risk management or Kanban-style work order management
Who can use the Fracttal mobile app: Any user can download the native Fracttal mobile app for iOS or Android devices.
Technicians using the Fracttal mobile app can update asset details and close out tasks in the field (Source)
What users like about Limble CMMS:
- Most reviewers mention the ease-of-use and intuitiveness, and how online tutorials make onboarding new users simple
- Many reviews also praise the speed and efficiency of support services from Limble
Who can use the Limble CMMS mobile app: Any Limble CMMS user (all Starter, Professional and Enterprise clients) can download and use the native iOS or Android mobile app.
The Limble CMMS mobile app gives users remote access to the entire system (Source)
What reviewers like about Maxpanda Work Order Software:
- Several reviewers say Maxpanda is affordable and offers good value between cost and functionality
- Many other reviewers say they enjoy the speed and ease of generating reports about various metrics (task completion, work costs, etc.)
Who can use the Maxpanda Work Order Software mobile app: Maxpanda offers a mobile browser-accessible version, as well as a native iOS and Android app called GoMAX! Mobile Assistant, for all Maxpanda users.
GoMAX! Mobile is the native app for Maxpanda, which allows techs to create work orders, scan barcodes and more (Source)
What reviewers like about UpKeep:
- UpKeep’s “mobile-first” approach gives reviewers all the maintenance functionality in the app without the need for a desktop or laptop.
- Several reviews also mention that the clean user interface makes it simple to use for non-tech savvy employees, customers and new technicians
Who can use the UpKeep mobile app: The mobile app is available for all UpKeep users, including Starter, Professional, Business Plus and Enterprise customers) and is native for iOS and Android devices.
The work order view in UpKeep’s mobile app includes asset details, timers and cost calculations (Source)
How Do You Manage Work Orders?
Spreadsheets, standalone work order tools or paper? Many teams who contact Software Advice for maintenance software use one of these methods, about 16% have no system in place at all. What they all lack is a reliable work order system that enables true mobility and communication.
Make sure your technicians have the tools they need to complete tasks accurately and on-time—Review our full list of maintenance work order products and call our advisors at (844) 689-4876 for a free consultation to narrow down your list