It’s unlikely that a busy physician like you doesn’t already have an electronic health records (EHR) solution in place. This tool is like the stethoscope of medical software applications.
The only variation could be that you are using an on-premise EHR. While that’s no reason to be gravely concerned, you could be missing out on some of the benefits of cloud-based EHR software, like remote accessibility.
With a cloud-based EHR you don’t need to be at the office to access your information. You can simply log in from any internet-connected computer; at most, you may need to install an application before logging in.
But with patient appointments and documentation packing your schedule, exploring options on the market may not feel like the best use of time—so we’re here to help you with that. We have analyzed thousands of Software Advice user reviews to find the best-rated cloud-based EHR solutions that offer user-friendly features at lower pricing ranges.
The results are presented below in alphabetical order (read our methodology here).
5 best-rated cloud-based EHR solutions
1. Kareo Clinical EHR
Overview: Kareo Clinical EHR offers an integrated set of tools comprising of EHR, medical billing, and practice management software. It offers features such as patient scheduling, appointment management, insurance eligibility check, customized dashboards, data tracking, visualization, and reporting and analysis.
Kareo is suitable for solo physicians and small practices across various specialties, including family medicine, mental health, chiropractic, pediatrics, cardiology, and podiatry. The software is certified by ONC-ATCB and for meaningful use.
Cost: The starting price for Kareo is $160 per user per month. You can sign up for a free demo to test it out before purchasing.
Here’s what real users say about Kareo Clinical EHR’s user-friendliness in Software Advice reviews:
- The software is easy to use and has a responsive support staff.
- Logging in from any device (i.e., smartphones, tablets, or computers) is quick and easy.
Overview: NueMD is an integrated practice management, medical billing, EHR, and appointment scheduling solution. Its features include e-prescribing, charting, patient scheduling, and a patient portal.
The solution is suitable for practices of all sizes and can be customized for more than 100 specialties. It’s certified by ONC-ATCB and for meaningful use.
Cost: The starting price for NueMD is $99 per user per month. The solution offers a free demo as well.
Here’s what real users say about NueMD’s user-friendliness in Software Advice reviews:
- The software is approachable for not-so-tech-savvy physicians and staff.
- The learning curve of the software is short.
3. Practice Fusion
Overview: Practice Fusion offers e-prescribing, charting, patient scheduling, lab and imaging integration, voice recognition, and other integrated features.
The tool is certified by ONC-ATCB and for meaningful use; it’s ICD-10 ready and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant. The solution is suitable for practices and clinics of all sizes.
Cost: The starting price for Practice Fusion is $99 per user per month, and the vendor offers a free trial.
Here’s what real users say about Practice Fusion’s user-friendliness in Software Advice reviews:
- The software is easy to learn and use.
- Updates to the tool are frequent and always meet new requirements.
4. Praxis EMR
Overview: Praxis EMR is a customizable solution that uses artificial intelligence (AI) technology called Concept Processing rather than templates. It’s designed to adapt to how a physician operates. Its features include e-prescribing, charting, patient scheduling, lab and imaging integration, and voice recognition.
Praxis EMR is suitable for small and midsize practices across various specialties, including family practice, internal medicine, pain management, urology, integrated medicine, and endocrinology. The software is certified by ONC-ATCB and for meaningful use.
Cost: The starting price of Praxis EMR is $219 per month, which includes implementation and training. The solution also offers a free trial.
Here’s what real users say about PraxisEMR’s user-friendliness in Software Advice reviews:
- The software is easy to use and highly customizable.
- Its interface is intuitive and organized in a manner that helps save time and effort on daily work.
Overview: PrognoCIS is a fully-integrated EHR, practice management, and billing solution. It offers features such as charting, appointment management, e-prescribing, handwriting recognition, and a patient portal.
PrognoCIS is suitable for solo medical practitioners as well as small to large multispecialty clinics. The software is certified by ONC-ATCB and for meaningful use.
Cost: The starting price of PrognoCIS EMR is $250 per month. The vendor also offers a free trial to potential buyers.
Here’s what real users say about PrognoCIS’ user-friendliness in Software Advice reviews:
- The software is an easy-to-use product that is accessible from anywhere using desktop or mobile.
- Users appreciate the software’s customizability and responsive and knowledgeable support staff.
Next steps: Finding the right software fit
Hopefully, we did our job and you’re ready to roll with one of the cloud-based EHR software solutions above. But whether you’re dead set on a specific system or still on the fence, here are some steps you can take before implementing the right software:
- List your required features. If you haven’t already, quickly list your functionality requirements. Make your wish list official with an overview of your current challenges and desired features. This will make it easier to find the cloud-based EHR software that best meets your requirements.
- Read our buyers guide. After creating your wish list, check out our EHR software buyers guide. Complete with common features, needs cycle, and other critical points of interest, this guide will arm you with the knowledge you need to make an informed and profitable decision.
- Set up an appointment with us. If you still need help choosing a specific EHR tool, our advisors are here for you. They will provide free, fast, and personalized software recommendations, helping practices of all sizes find software that meets their practice needs. Schedule an appointment with an advisor here.
Product selection methodology
To identify the software featured in this article, we analyzed cloud-based EHR systems with features and price plans appropriate for solo physicians and small practices and included the five products with the highest user ratings on Software Advice, with a minimum of 20 reviews between October 23, 2017, and October 23, 2019.
Disclaimer: The content in this piece that provides opinions and points of view expressed by users do not represent the views of Software Advice.