As a sales or marketing professional, you have to be on your feet constantly—whether it’s closing your monthly sales target or coming up with viral marketing content. Add to that the pressure of keeping your existing contacts engaged with the right amount of emails or social media posts.
In such a scenario, simply using a sales or marketing software tool doesn’t cut it. You need software that can help engage your contacts, monitor interactions with them, and see if they’re ready to move to the next stage in the customer journey. A customer relationship management (CRM) software tool can help you achieve these tasks.
The software can automate key CRM processes, such as contact management, lead management, task management, and deal tracking, so you can focus more on building customer relationships and worry less about scheduling emails or appointments.
You can find hundreds of CRM tools in the market, but if you’re looking for free CRM software, your options are limited. To make your search easier, we’ve created a list of the four best free CRM software tools (arranged alphabetically) based on reviews from buyers on Software Advice.
All four products offer a stand-alone free plan you can choose to upgrade later. Read our complete product selection methodology here.
EngageBay is a marketing and sales CRM solution. It offers stand-alone tools for marketing, CRM and sales, and customer service as well as an all-in-one suite of these apps. Its CRM solution allows you to stay on top of your deals, contacts, and leads with the help of features such as contact management, task management, appointment scheduling, and deal pipelines.
Here are the key capabilities of EngageBay:
- The contact management feature offers visibility into every interaction you have with your customers via emails or calls. You can record notes, minutes of meetings, and to-do tasks or activities.
- The deal pipeline management feature allows you to move deals from one stage to another with a simple drag-and-drop function. You can track the status of all deals from a single centralized dashboard.
- The lead scoring feature lets you identify the most promising leads by assigning a score to them based on the actions they take on your website, the funnel stage they are in, etc.
Upgrade cost: Paid plans for the CRM app/module start at $10.39 per user per month (billed annually).
eWay-CRM is a CRM system that offers individual modules to cater to your CRM needs. Its modules include tasks and calendars, documents, marketing campaigns, projects, and deals; each consists of features relevant to that specific module. For example, the marketing module has features such as marketing statistics collection and Google Analytics integration, whereas the project management module includes project status tracking and customizable workflows.
Here are the key capabilities of eWay-CRM:
- The Outlook integration feature lets you import events, documents, notes, and agendas from your Microsoft Outlook account.
- The mail merge feature allows you to send personalized emails to prospects and leads without individually typing out each mail. You simply input the customer data into a spreadsheet, and the tool creates relevant emails.
- The workflow automation feature helps create tasks and workflows, route them to stakeholders for approvals, calculate the value of your sales pipeline, and use predefined filters to collect the data you need.
Upgrade cost: Paid plans start at $24 per user per month (billed monthly).
HubSpot CRM software helps manage all aspects of customer relationships with its range of tools: Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, CMS Hub, and Operations Hub. With the software, you can get better visibility into your sales pipeline, track prospects, manage customer support, schedule meetings, and handle other customer relation activities.
Here are the key capabilities of HubSpot CRM:
- The sales dashboard lets you track your sales pipeline with real-time updates on sales activity, productivity, and individual performance.
- The contact management feature notifies you as soon as a lead opens your email and also lets you send follow-up emails using pre-designed, customizable templates.
- The tool’s mobile app allows you to connect with leads, create tasks, add notes, and have video calls with contacts while on the go.
Upgrade cost: Paid plans start at $45 per month (billed annually).
RealOffice360 is a CRM platform designed specifically for the real estate industry. However, it offers all the standard features of a CRM tool and can be used for other industries as well. It allows you to manage your leads and contacts, add notes against their profiles, organize tasks, and import data from Outlook, Google, or a spreadsheet.
Here are the key capabilities of RealOffice360:
- The deal tracking feature allows you to track sales opportunities and leads and map them against the stage they’re at in the sales funnel.
- The task organizer feature lets you create to-do lists, plan tasks for each day, add action items against tasks, and set reminders for important events.
- The lead generation feature helps you follow up with contacts regularly, manage email marketing for leads, and run drip email campaigns.
Upgrade cost: Paid plans start at $19 per month (billed annually).
How to choose the right free CRM software for your business
These considerations can help make CRM software selection a little easier for you:
- Assess your business needs. Speak to your sales team, and check if they’re looking for specific features in the CRM system. Ensure those CRM features are available in the free plan.
- Check for hidden charges. Speak to the software vendor and confirm that there are no hidden charges. Some CRM products are marketed as free but have added charges such as implementation or data import fees.
- Read reviews by other buyers. Visit our CRM software page to read user reviews of your shortlisted tool and get an in-depth understanding of its performance, features, and user-friendliness, among others.
Common questions to ask while selecting free CRM software
Here are some questions you can ask the software provider before finalizing a CRM tool:
- Does the software offer third-party integration? You may need to integrate the CRM software with your marketing or sales platform or any other tool you may find relevant. Therefore, be sure to check with the vendor if the tool you select supports third-party integrations.
- Is technical support paid or free of cost? If you feel your team may need tech support regularly or if timely availability of support is essential to your business operations, then check with the software provider if you’ll have to pay for tech support and what the applicable charges are.
- Which customer support options are available? Besides checking the cost of technical support, also check which support options the CRM software provider offers. For example, if your team is more comfortable with phone support than email support, it’d be wise to inquire if phone support is available.
Through one-on-one conversation and personalized recommendations, Software Advice guides you through your software search. In as little as 15 minutes, our software advisors can help you pick the right CRM software for your business needs, so you can feel confident in your choice. Click here to chat with an advisor for free or schedule a call here.
How we rate
This article was updated on July 13, 2021. Products considered for this article had to:
- Offer a free, stand-alone version of the software (not a trial software version where you must purchase a product after a limited amount of time).
- Meet our CRM market definition: Customer relationship management (CRM) software helps automate and manage the customer life cycle for sales and marketing departments. CRM software consolidates customer information into one repository so that users can better organize and manage relationships, automates common processes, and provides tools for monitoring performance and productivity.
- Have a minimum rating of 4.5 out of 5 and more than 20 reviews on Software Advice at the time of publication (as of July 13, 2021).