As a data analyst, do you struggle to collect data from various sources? Are you having a challenging time filtering and categorizing data? Are you spending a lot of time generating reports manually? If yes, then a business intelligence tool can ease your job.
Business intelligence software pulls data from multiple sources and supports automation so that you don’t have to spend hours collecting data and generating reports. BI solutions make data prepping easier so that your analysis results are as accurate as they can be, and you can confidently use them to make crucial business decisions.
In this article, we’ve highlighted the top 10 business intelligence software solutions that you can use to analyze your data. These products (listed alphabetically) have been selected from our business intelligence software FrontRunners report, according to our methodology specified here.
1. Better Reports: Automatically generates and delivers reports to mail inbox
- Notable features: Ad hoc query, Customizable reports, Data visualization
Better Reports is a data analysis tool that helps analyze data from various apps. You just have to connect your apps to this tool, and it will automatically import the data for analysis. Some examples of the apps that you can connect to this tool are QuickBooks, Google Sheets, Stripe, Paypal, and Salesforce.
This data analysis tool has 100+ built-in report templates that you can use for your analysis needs. You can also create custom reports in the form of charts and pivot tables using the tool’s drag-and-drop report builder.
Better Reports can automatically generate reports and share them with you. For that, you have to create daily, weekly, or monthly reporting schedules. The BI tool will create reports for you and deliver them to your mail inbox or Google Sheets.
Better Report is a web-based BI software. It provides support via a knowledge base and email.
2. Convirza: Uses AI to analyze conversations
- Notable features: Call monitoring, Call tracking metrics, Dashboard
Convirza is a call tracking and conversation analytics solution. It allows you to assign unique tracking numbers to all your marketing campaigns enabling you to track calls and determine which campaigns are generating leads. Using this call-tracking software, you can route calls with interactive voice response (IVR).
Convirza is an artificial intelligence-powered tool that records, transcribes, and analyzes conversations in real time to give you visibility into campaign performance, lead quality, and agent skills. It identifies keywords and phrases in the conversations, detects the conversation’s tone, and evaluates caller sentiment.
Convirza is a web-based application. It provides support via a knowledge base, chat, email, and phone calls.
3. eCMS: Integrates with third-party BI tools
- Notable features: Accounting, Activity dashboard, Cash management
eCMS is a construction enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solution that includes business intelligence and business analytics features. It can analyze data and generate reports to help you monitor project costs, labor performance, equipment usage, time and materials required, and more.
This tool gives you access to a customizable dashboard, which allows you to alter fields in data to customize the view and interactive data inquiry tools that present data in graphic form. You can also export information in Excel, CSV, and XML files.
eCMS gives you the option to extend the tool’s capabilities by integrating it with third-party business intelligence applications such as Cognos, Tableau, BusinessObjects, and Crystal Reports.
eCMS is a web-based BI software. It provides support via a knowledge base and email.
4. germain APM: Improves visitor experience with website monitoring
- Notable features: Activity dashboard, API, Data visualization
germain APM is a digital experience monitoring, analytics, and automation platform that helps you improve user experience. It tracks business operations across teams and generates an interactive dashboard. This dashboard provides data insights into those operations and enables you to identify bottlenecks that may arise due to lack of proper staff training, poor organization, and more.
The tool’s user experience monitoring feature helps improve the end-user experience of the web, desktop, mobile, cloud, and on-premise applications. It monitors and records users’ sessions and allows you to observe and replay their activity.
germain APM’s website monitoring feature helps improve the visitor experience by not only giving insights into their behavior but also by catching unresponsive pages and bad links. By finding and alerting users about such issues, the tool also helps reduce maintenance costs.
germain APM is a web-based tool with applications for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs and Android and iOS mobile devices. It offers support via a knowledge base, chat, email, and phone calls.
5. Grow: Supports no-code data transformation
- Notable features: Customizable dashboard, Data discovery, Financial reporting
Grow is a business analytics and reporting solution. It allows you to connect and import big data from multiple data sources. Some of the data sources that you can integrate with this BI solution are Salesforce, Shopify, Asana, Google Ads, and HubSpot.
Grow leverages no-code technology and allows you to process raw data and prepare it for analytics even if you have no-to-minimum coding knowledge. You can filter and group data, conduct custom calculations, rename columns, generate summary stats, and do more using the tool.
This tool also allows you to select how insights are presented to you. You can choose to view data in the form of various chart types, including bar charts, pies, or tables, or build a custom view.
Grow is a web-based solution with mobile applications for iOS and Android devices. It provides support via a knowledge base, email, chat, and phone calls.
6. Matomo: Helps analyze users individually with visitor profiles
- Notable features: Activity dashboard, Campaign analytics, Conversion tracking
Matomo is an open-source data analytics solution that allows you to add tracking codes to a website or mobile app. By doing so, you can monitor the performance of your marketing campaigns as well as understand who your visitors are and how you can convert them better by analyzing the data.
This tool includes features such as session recordings and A/B testing that help you accurately analyze the visitor experience. It also offers heat maps that show you visually where your visitors try to click and how far down they scroll webpages.
Furthermore, with the visitor profiles feature, Matomo helps evaluate every action of an individual user. You can see the lifetime journey of an active user as well as what actions that user has taken on your website.
Matomo is a web-based tool with mobile applications for iOS and Android devices. It provides support via a knowledge base, FAQs, and email.
7. Northspyre: Automatically tracks trends and highlights possible optimizations
- Notable features: Commercial property management, Portfolio management, Property database
Northspyre is a commercial real estate software solution with data analytics capabilities. It allows you to track project performance by indexing your projects’ contracts, proposals, change orders, potential costs, and more.
This tool gives you a global view of all your historical and current vendor data in real time and allows you to assess vendor performance by analyzing past data. You can also review various past and present trends, such as pricing and vendor selection, to make future decisions.
You can enable Northspyre to track trends in the data to highlight potential optimizations automatically. You can leverage past data to foresee unexpected costs and understand how they will impact your business.
Northspyre is a web-based BI solution. It provides support via a knowledge base, email, and chat.
8. Phocas Analytics: Provides various ways to allow collaboration within teams
- Notable features: Data visualization, Forecasting, General ledger
Phocas Analytics is a business intelligence and data analysis tool. It allows you to consolidate business data from ERP, CRM, and accounts payable/accounts receivable (AP/AR) systems to conduct historical and predictive analytics.
With this data analytics tool, you can dive deep into data by splitting it into various categories according to customer groups, data ranges, sales reps, etc. You can make the data easier to read by leveraging data visualization tools such as charts and graphics.
Using this tool, you can collaborate with your teammates by sharing your dashboards and reports via email. You can also mention team members and invite them to collaborate or change permissions to ensure the right people have access to the right data.
Phocas Analytics is a web-based BI software with applications for Windows and Mac PCs and Android and iOS mobile devices. It provides support via a knowledge base, FAQs, email, chat, and phone calls.
9. Two Minute Reports: Supports automatic data transfer
- Notable features: Application development, Collaboration tools, Customizable dashboard
Two Minute Reports is an add-on for Google Sheets. It allows you to get data from multiple sources, including Instagram Insights, TikTok Ads, Snapchat Ads, Amazon Seller, Facebook Ads, and more.
This tool allows you to schedule automatic data transfer in Google Sheets and share reports as PDF or Excel attachments via automated emails. You can use this tool to monitor ad performance, SEO metrics, eCommerce sales, website analytics, operations metrics, and more.
Two Minute Reports is a web-based business intelligence tool. It provides support via a knowledge base and FAQs.
10. UpMetrics: Supports surveys for real-time data collection
- Notable features: Ad hoc reporting, Customer database, Dashboard
UpMetrics is a data analysis and data management platform that allows you to consolidate data from sources such as public data, grantee reports, and survey data. With this tool, you can analyze data in real time and use visual analytics to make it understandable.
With custom dashboards, you can track progress towards your goals and share updates in real time with stakeholders. This tool allows you to deploy mobile-friendly surveys to collect data and update data dashboards in real time.
UpMetrics is a web-based business intelligence platform. It provides support via email and FAQs.
How to choose the right business intelligence tools
Here are some points to keep in mind when looking for the best business intelligence software:
- Check if the software has no-code capabilities: Preparing data for analysis is one of the most important tasks to get accurate results. Preparation involves filtering data, structuring it, or categorizing it into various groups. A BI tool with no-code capabilities makes this step a lot easier as little-to-no technical knowledge is needed. Therefore, if you or your teammates come from a non-technical background, go for a BI tool with no-code capabilities.
- Look for tools that support the most data integration options: Your data could be spread across various systems. Social media platforms, CRM tools, and ERP solutions are just a few examples where data can lie. Thoroughly analyze where all your data is spread and look for BI tools that can pull and analyze your big data from all your sources.
- Select software with maximum visualization tools: Visualization tools make complicated data easier to read and understand. Some examples of visualization options are column charts, bar graphs, line graphs, pie charts, and stacked bar graphs. Go for a tool that provides maximum data visualization tools, as this will give you the option to find which way works best for you.
Common questions to ask while selecting business intelligence tools
Here are some questions that you should ask software vendors to learn more and find the best business intelligence tool system for your business:
- Does the software allow automation?
- Does the software support collaboration?
- What type of technical support does the software offer?
Some business intelligence tools allow you to schedule automatic report generation on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Other tools automatically import data from linked sources for analyses or send analysis reports via automated emails. Ask your vendor if their BI platform supports automation so that you can save manual efforts on such tasks by finding the best BI software for your business.
Collaboration features allow you to give and take feedback from colleagues and use each other’s expertise for various projects. Features that allow you to share your reports with your team or add people to projects by mentioning them make collaboration easier. Check with your vendor whether such features are part of their BI solution if you often work on collaborative projects.
Examine the available technical support options of the business intelligence platform you are considering. Ask the vendor if they provide support options such as guides, user manuals, training, or paid support. Also, check if phone, email, or live chat support options are available.
How did we select these products? Based on your reviews
At Software Advice, we consider and verify all our user reviews to recommend the most efficient tools for your business.
Our software recommendations reflect the views and experiences given by your peers. These recommendations are never bought or sold, nor based on the opinion of a single individual.
For this article, we selected the highest-rated products as of August 16, 2022, from our Software Advice FrontRunners report for Business Intelligence Software. Check out the full methodology description for the FrontRunners report.
The selected products needed to meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 20 reviews over the past two years with an average overall rating of 4 and above.
- Have the following core features–dashboard, self-service data preparation, and visual analytics.
- Meet our business intelligence software market definition, “Business intelligence software enables companies to access, analyze and share information in order to improve decision-making through gathering performance metrics.”
The ten products with the highest customer satisfaction and usability scores are featured in this article from the FrontRunners report for Business Intelligence Software.
Disclaimer: We conducted this analysis based on reviews and ratings data as of August 16, 2022. In order to present the most up-to-date information, the product cards show real-time ratings. Please note that this means the ratings value in the product card may not reflect the ratings value at the time of analysis.